PDA

View Full Version : IAA recruiting rankings

NDSUstudent
02-21-2006, 05:59 AM
No NDSU recruit was mentioned at either QB or RB but WR Gary Williams was ranked 40th out of all IAA WR recruits by showingBlitz.com. TE, OL, DL, LB, DB, and ATH rankings will be realsed over the upcoming few weeks at showingblitz.com

here is the link: http://www.showingblitz.com/2006topwrs.html

silkamilkamonico
02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
SDSU has a QB and a RB mentioned.

Good for them. They are doing an excellent job building their program up halfway through the transition.

jackrabbit1979
02-22-2006, 03:57 AM
SDSU has a QB and a RB mentioned.

Good for them. *They are doing an excellent job building their program up halfway through the transition.

It is still very early, but i have heard rumblings that Geissler, the RB from Wis. rated, will be moved to Linebacker. Kyle Minnette from Tyler, Mn will be held at RB. Like I said, it is still very early though.

NDSUstudent
02-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Another NDSU recruit has been mentioned by showingblitz.com. Here is the list for tight ends
The Top Five
1. Rob Overton 6-6/240 San Leandro, CA (Moreau Catholic) Montana
2. Seth Harley 6-4/230 Orange, TX (Little Cypress-Mauriceville) McNeese St.
3. Kyle Harruff 6-4/235 Terra Haute, IN (South) Southern Illinois
4. Conor Gilmartin-Donahue 6-5/235 White Plains, NY (White Plains) Northeastern
5. Alex Sellars 6-5/215 Greenwood, SC (Greenwood) The Citadel

The Rest of the Best
6. Trevor Hankins 6-5/235 Scottsdale, AZ (Chaparral) Northern Arizona
7. Colin Cochart 6-5/230 Kewaunee, WI (Kewaunee) South Dakota St.
8. Brian Frederick 6-4/250 Dracut, MA (Bridgton Academy) Hofstra
9. Dane Zumbahlen 6-5/235 Morris, IL (Morris) Illinois St.
10. Steven Pfahler 6-5/215 Frenchtown, MT (Frenchtown) Montana
11. Eric Reimer 6-5/225 Reedsburg, WI (Reedsburg) Northern Iowa
12. John Ihne 6-4/255 Wayne, NJ (Wayne Hills) Massachusetts
13. Dean Rogers 6-3/220 Visalia, CA (Redwood) UC Davis
14. Ryan Kernes 6-3/230 Bloomington, IL (Bloomington) Southern Illinois
15. Travis Sinclair 6-4/230 Katy, TX (Faith West Academy) Stephen F. Austin

Honorable Mention (alphabetical order)
HM Andrew Motes 6-4/245 Winter Garden, FL (West Orange) Eastern Kentucky
HM Landon Smith 6-2/205 Dickinson, ND (Dickinson Trinity) North Dakota St.
HM Jonathan Walters 6-3/240 Dublin, GA (Dublin) Georgia Southern
HM Matt Warner 6-4/215 Sherrard, IL (Sherrard) Western Illinois

http://www.showingblitz.com/2006toptes.html

sambini
02-27-2006, 02:52 AM
Lets see this list in 3 years.

Jeffdaryl3rd
02-27-2006, 03:07 AM
I'm not recruiting guru, but I've never been a huge fan of these lists. Outside of the elite prospects (which isn't even an exact science) it is a real crap shoot and everyone is goingto have widely varying opinions on prospects. Having said all that, in my non-expert opinion I think SU has a very good class signed.

kchats
02-27-2006, 03:44 AM
Looks like SDSU had a great class too. They have a tight end listed at #7.

SloStang
02-27-2006, 03:53 AM
Cal Poly has never really done well on these type of list but always seems find a few hidden gems. Players like Jordan Beck and Chris Gocong were not highly sought after recruits comming out of High School but they turned out to be big time players. I am looking forward to seeing if there are a few more in this years recruiting class.

CaBisonFan
02-27-2006, 05:08 AM
I think that the real test of Bison success is whether they are able to pull in solid players that live in its own region...ranked or not.

California kids that play football rarely play another sport. It's a 12-month program with spring football...and the fall practices begin the Monday after school is out in June. I teach at a high school in Hemet, CA. There are 6 periods in a day. 5th period is PE (wink) with the football staff, and 6th period is weight lifting class (wink) with the football staff. Most high schools have this kind of program. The talent pool is so huge that there are sleepers buried in the depth charts at the high school level.

Cal Poly and UC Davis would have to really screw up "not to" find a diamond or two down here.

It's nice to get a few highly ranked kids...but I don't trust the rankings at all. There's no way that anyone could accurately evaluate even a small percentage of these kids.

And I would bet that some of the northern kids, especially in smaller towns, aren't even watched.

As others have written...I think that it is a crap shoot.

I'll take SU's chances with its recruits in the coming few years. Having a stud quarterback is vital. Looks like SU has one or two in the waiting.

Beyond that it's all attitude, tradition, and coaching. SU has all of the above. A top-ten ranking and conference championship are just around the corner. Mark it down.

WYOBISONMAN
02-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Cal Poly has never really done well on these type of list but always seems find a few hidden gems. Players like Jordan Beck and Chris Gocong were not highly sought after recruits comming out of High School but they turned out to be big time players. I am looking forward to seeing if there are a few more in this years recruiting class.

......And no doubt....Gocong was a GEM!

silkamilkamonico
02-27-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm not recruiting guru, but I've never been a huge fan of these lists. *

Agreed.

Recruits come in, people get hyped, recruits redshirt and everyone forgets about them.

Repeat the following year.

Although it is impressive to be able to pull a top rated recruit in and it says alot for your program, I still stand firm that the program's make the recruits.

This isn't Division 1-A where the elite programs are fighting for the elite prospects year in and out.

SUILB#28
02-28-2006, 04:06 AM
Just to reiterate, Jordan Beck was a walk on. Some guys got hurt and he played right away, leading the team for four years in tackles. Guys mature at different rates, but to find a guy that is a natural football player and continues to grow throughout college, is much more important than a guy who has limited potential but is on a recruit ranking list.

kchats
02-28-2006, 05:03 AM
+++ *I agree completely SUILB#28. *I trust the coaching staff at NDSU. *They have demonstrated a great plan for moving the Bison into the upper encheleon on division I-AA. *