PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 5.0

NDSUstudent
10-30-2016, 06:27 AM
The Rabbits just had to lose to ISU-R so now we are stuck with this regionalized mess again...

UND at SDSU vs 1. NDSU
Villanova at Stony Brook vs 8. Charleston Southern
Samford at Montana vs 5. The Citadel
Weber State at UCA vs 4. SHSU

St Francis at YSU vs 6. Richmond
WIU at Chattanooga vs 3. JSU
UNH at Lehigh vs 7. JMU
USD at Cal Poly vs 2. EWU

Autobids: EWU, Charleston Southern, Richmond, NDSU, St. Francis, Jacksonville State, Lehigh, San Diego, The Citadel, SHSU
At Large: Chattanooga, Richmond, Montana, YSU, Stony Brook, Cal Poly, SDSU, Villanova, WIU, Samford, UCA, UND, Weber State, UNH

Bubble: Maine, Albany, NAU, NCCU, Tennessee St, Fordham, Wofford, McNeese St, SUU, UNC, USD

natstar1
11-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER
FCS playoff committee will release its top 10 rankings Thursday during ESPNU's "CFB Daily" show, groundbreaking stuff for the FCS.

This could be interesting.

I saw Dom and another tweeter had UND getting seeded. How far outside of the top 8 do you have them?

BisonTru
11-02-2016, 09:58 PM
FCS playoff committee will release its top 10 rankings Thursday during ESPNU's "CFB Daily" show, groundbreaking stuff for the FCS.

I saw Dom and another tweeter had UND getting seeded. How far outside of the top 8 do you have them?

Dom's really trying to capture the UND eyeballs, but no, UND shouldn't be seeded at this point. They could arguably be as high as 10, and I really think that's pretty generous.

bisonaudit
11-02-2016, 10:22 PM

Just looking at Sagarin ratings and prospective auto-bids, which is obviously not what the committee does (and I don't contend that they should), UND would be on the playoff bubble. Last team out.

So that particular algorithm has about a dozen teams between them an 8 seed.

NDSUstudent
11-03-2016, 12:23 AM

I have them 12th but Samford and UCA are very close to them in that spot, I think they need some help. I would seed a three loss SDSU team over a two loss UND.