PDA

View Full Version : Delta Devils added to 2017 schedule

roadwarrior
10-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Mississippi Valley State makes another trip to the dome next season.

Christopher Moen
10-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Mississippi Valley State makes another trip to the dome next season.

Sweet, the school that produced such greats as Jerry Rice and Deacon Jones!

gumby013
10-28-2016, 07:25 PM
http://www.gobison.com/news/2016/10/28/north-dakota-state-completes-2017-football-schedule.aspx

ByeSonBusiness
10-28-2016, 07:31 PM
I had flashbacks to being an 8 year old watching the mud bowl on TV in my uncles basement when I saw the word "delta"

Bisonator98
10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
Wow next years home schedule sucks.:facepalm:

IBleedYellow
10-28-2016, 07:34 PM

Got spoiled by this years, eh? I'll take over your season tickets if you would like! :)

Bisonator98
10-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Got spoiled by this years, eh? I'll take over your season tickets if you would like! :)

Don't have any. UNI is the only draw next year.

bisonaudit
10-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Don't have any. UNI is the only draw next year.

Except NDSU, you mean. The only draw except NDSU. It's not like you're watching the Washington Wizards or something.

gumby013
10-28-2016, 07:41 PM
Except NDSU, you mean. The only draw except NDSU. It's not like you're watching the Washington Wizards or something.

Washington Generals

bisonaudit
10-28-2016, 07:42 PM
Washington Generals

No. I definitely meant the Wizards.

ByeSonBusiness
10-28-2016, 07:45 PM

The Wizards are swag.

John Wall

bisonaudit
10-28-2016, 07:49 PM
The Wizards are swag.

John Wall

Tell that to just about anyone at Verizon Center. It's pathetic. The list of things the crowd gets more excited about than their own team includes but definately isn't limited to:

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant (he found it so disrespectful that he refused even an interview this off season)
and chicken sandwiches.

MNLonghorn10
10-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Lolololol. And no fbs trip either

tony
10-28-2016, 08:12 PM
Two thoughts:

1. Hey, NDSU got the FB schedule done with 10 months to spare instead of making everbody nervous that we'd only have a 10-game schedule.
II. Of course, most of the time when the schedule has gotten done early, somebody has upped and backed out.
C. Bring the band!

X-Factor
10-28-2016, 08:23 PM
With how good next year's team is going to be, it would have been nice to get some better competition. I'll still go to the games though!

IzzyFlexion
10-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Washington Generals

I like Bullets.........
Ya know.........to spur rioting and gun violence.

El_Chapo
10-28-2016, 08:40 PM
complete garbage. NDSU is caught in ncaa pergatory....this sucks. Montaņa beat them 66-7. what a joke. no fbs game either?

Professor Chaos
10-28-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm not gonna complain about the opponent. To get any full scholarship D1 team to come to Fargo for a guarantee game is a pretty good deal at this point.

However, this ratchets up the stakes that much more for the game in Cheney next year. If they drop that one they leave virtually no margin for error during the MVFC season if they want to get home field guaranteed throughout the playoffs.

Bison03
10-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Looks like we have a couple cupcakes to go along with EWU. No shame in that. Valley is tough enough that these games are important to play the reserves. Only the Missouri St game this year has given us a chance to do that ao far. Schedule done, thats a good thing.

NDSU1980
10-28-2016, 09:02 PM

It could be worse, we could be playing a cupcake at a neutral baseball field :hide:

Bisonator98
10-28-2016, 09:15 PM

That goes without saying but still the only decent opponent at home is UNI. That can't be too hard for you to grasp is it?

bisonaudit
10-28-2016, 09:24 PM
That goes without saying but still the only decent opponent at home is UNI. That can't be too hard for you to grasp is it?

I get it. But the line I was responding to was "UNI is the only draw next year." Now, maybe I took that the wrong way because I live in a place where that phrasing means precisely what it says because the fans are shitty, the most important teams aren't consistently good, and it doesn't go without saying that you're always there to see the home team.

Bisonator98
10-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Fair enough. I was referring to the home schedule.

bisonaudit
10-28-2016, 09:35 PM
Fair enough. I was referring to the home schedule.

So was I .

Bisonator98
10-28-2016, 09:40 PM
So was I .

Glad I don't follow shitty teams.:biggrin:

bisonaudit
10-28-2016, 09:46 PM
Glad I don't follow shitty teams.:biggrin:

Believe it or not the thing that's more disheartening is being surrounded by shitty fans.

Bisonator98
10-28-2016, 09:48 PM
Believe it or not the thing that's more disheartening is being surrounded by shitty fans.

I can relate.

CaBisonFan
10-28-2016, 09:48 PM
Are you being serious? At the dome? I've been there.

bisonaudit
10-28-2016, 09:51 PM
Are you being serious? At the dome? I've been there.

No. Not the FFD. It's been a long time for me now personally, but I'm certain from most everything that I see and hear that the fans there are great.

I'm talking about the fans in DC.

CaBisonFan
10-28-2016, 09:52 PM
No. Not the FFD. It's been a long time for me now personally, but I'm certain from most everything that I see and hear that the fans there are great.

I'm talking about the fans in DC.ok........

Bison Loaf
10-28-2016, 09:57 PM

Except for the fans in Section 21. Any objective observer with half a brain would agree that they suck. :hide:

ndsubison1
10-28-2016, 11:28 PM
Are they more of a cupcake than Butler?

Bisonguy
10-28-2016, 11:48 PM

Yes. 10 char

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Portlandbison
10-29-2016, 01:03 AM

Sagarin would have Butler a double digit favorite on a neutral field. Sagarin ratings has Mississippi Valley State as #252 of 253 division 1 football teams. (Davidson is the only one worse right now).

And right now we would be favored by around 69 vs MSVS according to Sagarin

Gully
10-29-2016, 02:06 AM
Maybe we could play the game at Newman Outdoor Field. Would that help?

Bison4peat
10-29-2016, 02:21 AM
It could be worse, we could be playing a cupcake at a neutral baseball field :hide:

My favorite so far. Continue.

Bison Bridge Guy
10-29-2016, 02:24 AM

If that happens, I'm going to the lake. (Also :hide:)

HerdBot
10-29-2016, 02:30 AM
its a cupcake game but so be it. we have to travel to cheney and could use a 1 year break from playing top 10 teams in the non conference

Mr Meaty
10-29-2016, 02:54 AM
Could the people that are complaining about MVS and butler with 6 homes games please tell me what schedule you would like to see each year at home. The amount of bitching about the schedule is ridiculous. Rant over.

Bisonator98
10-29-2016, 03:09 AM
Could the people that are complaining about MVS and butler with 6 homes games please tell me what schedule you would like to see each year at home. The amount of bitching about the schedule is ridiculous. Rant over.

WTF does it have to be the hardest schedule like this year or the weakest like next year? I would prefer we get back to our scheduling philosophy under GT with 6 home games including a P5, a top 25 FCS and a cupcake FCS. Now if the P5 is no longer happening then I want H/H with top FCS teams.

El_Chapo
10-29-2016, 03:24 AM

a Mountain West schedule with Boise St, Wyoming, Colorado St, Air Force, San Diego St, in FARGO

Bisonwinagn
10-29-2016, 03:25 AM

This has been discussed. They want Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan in Fargo. Anything else is beneath a lot of Bison fans.

FCS Nation
10-29-2016, 03:29 AM
And right now we would be favored by around 69 vs MSVS according to Sagarin

Yet have the class to not run it up like that. One of the reasons people have a lot of respect for your program.

Bison4peat
10-29-2016, 03:55 AM
This has been discussed. They want Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan in Fargo. Anything else is beneath a lot of Bison fans.

Calm down the Vikings are going to win the superbowl.:)

BisonAccountant44
10-29-2016, 04:14 AM
I'm not gonna complain too much unless we see weak schedules year after year with price increases to match.

A perfect home non-conference schedule would always feature a bunch of games that act like the UN_ one last year. Now, what I mean by that is teams that can come in and expect to win something like 7-12 out of 100 vs. either 7 of 1000 or 4 of 10. Fringe playoff teams or top 30-50 type teams that can entertain for a half and then take their $200k and lose 35-14 like they're supposed to. Save the 3 point games for conference play and playoffs and stay away from true cupcakes.

There is some purple in there, but it's probably not that far off from what would hopefully keep a lot of people happy. Problem is any team that remotely resembles that is more than smart enough to stay very far away from Fargo.

EndZoneQB
10-29-2016, 04:23 AM
WTF does it have to be the hardest schedule like this year or the weakest like next year? I would prefer we get back to our scheduling philosophy under GT with 6 home games including a P5, a top 25 FCS and a cupcake FCS. Now if the P5 is no longer happening then I want H/H with top FCS teams.

Good. Fucking. Point. Nevermind the fact we play @ EWU next year. Did you forgot the home AND home part of scheduling a top 25 team? You realize at SOME point we have to go back to those schools. Jfc, you can NOT be serious.

its a cupcake game but so be it. we have to travel to cheney and could use a 1 year break from playing top 10 teams in the non conference

Are you purposely being dense? A one year break from playing a top 10 team in the non conference when we go play AT Cheney, WA...the home of EWU...you know..a perennial top 10 FCS team. Seriously?

JFC people. Are you EVER happy? This year it was "the schedule is too difficult *insert tears here*".

I'm sorry for the profanity, but I'm so sick of the conflicting BS here.

bisonp
10-29-2016, 04:24 AM
This is a very disappointing opponent. But I don't think many teams want to come to Fargo anymore for an almost guaranteed loss. Not when they can get 3x the payout for a loss by playing a BCS team they'd have a similar or better chance of beating. It is what it is.

bisonp
10-29-2016, 04:27 AM
Yet have the class to not run it up like that. One of the reasons people have a lot of respect for your program.

Well, usually. Note the field goal with 37 seconds left.

http://stats.gobison.com/fb/2000/ndsu2.htm

That was a while ago though.

Bison4peat
10-29-2016, 04:37 AM
Good. Fucking. Point. Nevermind the fact we play @ EWU next year. Did you forgot the home AND home part of scheduling a top 25 team? You realize at SOME point we have to go back to those schools. Jfc, you can NOT be serious.

Are you purposely being dense? A one year break from playing a top 10 team in the non conference when we go play AT Cheney, WA...the home of EWU...you know..a perennial top 10 FCS team. Seriously?

JFC people. Are you EVER happy? This year it was "the schedule is too difficult *insert tears here*".

EZ conflict is good for ratings, in particular conflict that is not manufactured. Just sayin.

Bisonator98
10-29-2016, 04:38 AM

I don't have an issue returning a H/H with a top FCS if P5 games are no longer available. You realize the only way to get top FCS teams to Fargo is a H/H deal correct? You're not getting a top FCS team to Fargo with a cupcake guarantee!

ByeSonBusiness
10-29-2016, 04:42 AM

You live in DC? My sister organized the alumni watch parties there for a couple years

EndZoneQB
10-29-2016, 04:44 AM
I don't have an issue returning a H/H with a top FCS if P5 games are no longer available. You realize the only way to get top FCS teams to Fargo is a H/H deal correct? You're not getting a top FCS team to Fargo with a cupcake guarantee!

So wtf are you bitching about? If we get a top team to Fargo for next year, then you'll bitch in 2018 when we have to return and get a cupcake here. Do you not understand how that works? You explain it like you get it, then you bitch when we get a cupcake at home without a return. We want 6 home games...if we only sign H/H with top teams, you realize what that means right? Or do you not actually understand what you are bitching about? Fuck, you can't actually be that dense.

Bisonator98
10-29-2016, 05:06 AM
So wtf are you bitching about? If we get a top team to Fargo for next year, then you'll bitch in 2018 when we have to return and get a cupcake here. Do you not understand how that works? You explain it like you get it, then you bitch when we get a cupcake at home without a return. We want 6 home games...if we only sign H/H with top teams, you realize what that means right? Or do you not actually understand what you are bitching about? Fuck, you can't actually be that dense.

We could have signed another h/h starting here next year rather than another cupcake wtf don't you understand? No reason for 2 cupcakes is what I'm saying.

tjamz
10-29-2016, 10:45 AM
Except for the fans in Section 21. Any objective observer with half a brain would agree that they suck. :hide:
You spelled "20" wrong

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1998braves64
10-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Well, usually. Note the field goal with 37 seconds left.

http://stats.gobison.com/fb/2000/ndsu2.htm

That was a while ago though.

To be fair MSUM wasn't stopping anything that game. If they'd ran the ball probably would have been a TD wasn't it the backup kicker that kicked that too?

They had blocked punt for TD, pick six, running and passing TDs...

BisoninNWMN
10-29-2016, 12:31 PM
You spelled "20" wrong

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

21 is right....:)

BisoninNWMN
10-29-2016, 12:31 PM
We could have signed another h/h starting here next year rather than another cupcake wtf don't you understand? No reason for 2 cupcakes is what I'm saying.

I have no problem with 2 "cupcakes" with the Valley tough as nails.

Professor Chaos
10-29-2016, 01:22 PM
You've got a short memory if you think that was Taylor's MO with OOC schedule. 2017 is more along the lines of what he did except @EWU is substituted for crappy regional FBS school (which is a wash in terms of difficulty). Taylor regularly had 2 home cupcakes in the schedule since joining the MVFC.

Central Connecticut (cupcake)
Austin Peay (cupcake)
@Wyoming

@Iowa St
@SHSU (return game from 2007)
Wagner (cupcake)

@Kansas
Morgan St (cupcake)
USD (cupcake - even though they beat Minnesota that year)

Lafayette (cupcake)
St Francis (cupcake)
@Minnesota

Robert Morris (cupcake)
Prairie View A&M (cupcake)
@Colorado St

@Kansas St
Ferris St (cupcake)
Delaware St (cupcake)

He did set up the Montana H/H starting in 2014 but prior to that he was very cautious scheduling any quality FCS team from 2008 on.

HerdBot
10-29-2016, 01:40 PM

Since we are going to be traveling to Cheney it would be nice to get a couple of easy wins at home next year. At this point I would put the EWU road game in the L column if I had to guess. That makes the non conference schedule no margin for error when it comes to playoff seeding.

We needed 2 overtimes to win out non conference games. If one of those is a loss were not even ranked in the top 10 and home field is gone.

I LOVE the tough home non conference schedule. This year has been a blast. But coupling that with a road trip to Cheney is kind if dangerous. The committee looks at a road loss to a tough FCS team probably worse than a loss to a shitty FBS opponent. Sad but true.

Look at UNIs schedule. Totally killed a good team

Playing cupcakes isn't some new thing. We've been doing it basically FOREVER. Nobody will play us without a return game and FBS games are tough to get, obviously

Bison Loaf
10-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Yes, Mississippi Valley State is a cupcake. But the good news is that we'll obviously be beating the worst Mississippi Valley State team in Mississippi Valley State Football history.

So we got that going for us (again)…………which is nice.

Professor Chaos
10-29-2016, 01:48 PM
Since we are going to be traveling to Cheney it would be nice to get a couple of easy wins at home next year. At this point I would put the EWU road game in the L column if I had to guess. That makes the non conference schedule no margin for error when it comes to playoff seeding.

We needed 2 overtimes to win out non conference games. If one of those is a loss were not even ranked in the top 10 and home field is gone.

I LOVE the tough home non conference schedule. This year has been a blast. But coupling that with a road trip to Cheney is kind if dangerous. The committee looks at a road loss to a tough FCS team probably worse than a loss to a shitty FBS opponent. Sad but true.

Look at UNIs schedule. Totally killed a good team
UNI had opportunities to beat both Montana and EWU and lost. That's what killed them. The Bison had opportunities to beat CSU, EWU, and Iowa and did it. That's the difference.

HerdBot
10-29-2016, 02:12 PM
UNI had opportunities to beat both Montana and EWU and lost. That's what killed them. The Bison had opportunities to beat CSU, EWU, and Iowa and did it. That's the difference.

Had UNI replaced Montana and EWU with wins over 2 cupcakes, they would be talking about getting home field in the playoffs if they win today. Instead their season is on the line and will miss the playoffs if they lose. That could have been us if the kickers for CSU and EWU were better.

wagsabison
10-29-2016, 02:52 PM
Can't knock the schedule out of the park every year. Is what it is. Get us primed up for valley play. Kind of feel like the scheduling philosophy the last 5 years has been somewhat successful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
10-29-2016, 08:07 PM
You live in DC? My sister organized the alumni watch parties there for a couple years

We were regulars until just the last couple of years. Now we can get just about every game at home so we go less often.

DePereBisonFan
10-30-2016, 02:01 AM
I think it's a good game. DI Opponent, Jerry Rice's alma mater. Way better than getting a DII game again.