PDA

View Full Version : SIGN THE GOPHERS ALREADY!! COME ON!

lakesbison
03-05-2006, 04:43 AM
Ok.. this is getting RIDICULOUS!!!

SIGN THE GOPHER GAME IN 06.. NOW!! Help the gophers and HELP NDSU!!!

Here is WHY we should:

#1.. 5 years ago did ANY of you in your wildest dreams think there would be a DAY when we have the OPPORTUNITY to get $350,000 to play at the METRODOME with 20,000 NDSU fans cheering ?? Who Cares if we lose by 30,40!!! we cant make playoffs anyways!!!

#2. Don't ask me for my $1000 annual donation again in 2006 if you TURN THIS GAME DOWN!!! *HINT!!!*

#3.. Off the Wisconsin BBALL win.. NDSU is on the minds of people in the UPPER MIDWEST!! KEEP IT THERE!! capitalize on this momentum of going D 1!!

#4 MARKETING.. EXPOSURE.. RECRUITING!!!

#5 We might need GOPHERS help in the future for scheduling!!!!! THINK ABOUT IT>.. UND was our RIVAL.. LETS MAKE MINNESOTA OUR NEW RIVAL!!!

it's March 5th and THIS ISN"T SIGNED?? what a SHAME!!

ps... dont tell me "Coach Bohl doesn't want to" GENE TAYLOR and DR CHAPMAN are his bosses.. THEY should make this decision!!! NOT HIM!! hell, Bohl might be gone in 2-3 years!!

thanks guys.... PUT THE HEAT ON GENE & CHAPMAN!!!

NDSUstudent
03-05-2006, 04:48 AM
If we can't get a game with UNI or EWU(home or away) I say go for it but I still think it is too risky playing two IA's next year. I would rather have a Geat West title and a top 15 finish then a 300k check from the Gophers.

lakesbison
03-05-2006, 05:27 AM
come on dude!!!

THIS IS DIVISION 1.. playin MINNESOTA..... not 7 small Division 1 schools in a conference that might not be around in 5 years!!

MINNESOTA BIG TIME!!! So what if it's 2 D 1A teams!!! we need to BUILD a program with DOLLARS and MARKETING.. and EXPOSURE!! not being AFRAID!!!

thanks,...

DIBISON
03-05-2006, 05:42 AM
come on dude!!!

THIS IS DIVISION 1.. playin MINNESOTA..... *not 7 small Division 1 schools in a conference that might not be around in 5 years!!

MINNESOTA *BIG TIME!!! *So what if it's 2 D 1A teams!!! we *need to BUILD a program with DOLLARS and MARKETING.. and EXPOSURE!! *not being AFRAID!!!

thanks,...

I agree with your emphasis on the word BUILD - you have to build a program not only with dollars and marketing, but also recruits, depth, maximum scholarships, etc.. I think that most people forget the NDSU is still in the five year transitional period, the time when you BUILD the program. I don't believe that anyone can question the agressiveness of NDSU's scheduling to date and their success to date. Alot of established programs aren't even at NDSU's level and we are still in transition. Taylor & Bohl will make the reight call on scheduling for 2006 & 2007 based on what is best for the program.

Bison_Pride
03-05-2006, 08:52 AM
come on dude!!!

THIS IS DIVISION 1.. playin MINNESOTA..... not 7 small Division 1 schools in a conference that might not be around in 5 years!!

MINNESOTA BIG TIME!!! So what if it's 2 D 1A teams!!! we need to BUILD a program with DOLLARS and MARKETING.. and EXPOSURE!! not being AFRAID!!!

thanks,...

I gotta get one of those computers with all the caps like you and IH8daSioux have.

Why not wait till they offer $400,000?

MplsBison
03-05-2006, 05:10 PM
A few things here.

1) Minnesota will not offer more than the $275k they have on the table.

They can't afford it. There was an article on the Gopher scheduling where Maturi more or less said this.

They're hoping that will be enough to get us to the Metrodome in 2006.

2) How does a 5-6 season where 6 seniors are injured from playing against Ball State and the U help us market, expose, and recruit for our program?

3) We already have a money game with Ball State. $150k isn't enough for you?

I think our best bet is to get EWU or UNI in a home/home.

The worst case scenario is that EWU and UNI sign a home/home between themselves leaving us with no choice but to go with the Gopher game.

In that case, fine, we'll play the Gophers.

lakesbison
03-05-2006, 05:18 PM
You guys sound like WHINY TREE HUGGERS.. when u say "oh what about injuries!!" whaa whaaa..

These kids (i.e Travis White).. can get injured a block south of the fargodome... or at a party on college st.. or driving down university...

QUIT USING THAT AS AN EXCUSE!! << yes I like caps to emphasis my PISSINESS (is that a word?)

its just pathetic to see us have an opportunity to play a LEGIT big ten team and silence critics that say "oh you dont play any teams i know" ... face facts... us on this board know the teams... but HARRY and SALLY in Charleswood with the money dont know the league teams..

OK!??!!? play the freakin game already... 275, 325K.. its better than 25,000 profit that we would get for EWU

roadwarrior
03-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Question for lakesbison:

Are you IH8daSioux's twin?

BisonCardinal
03-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Yes, their writing style is very unique. I think they are siamese twins joined at the keyboard and head.

With that being said I do appreciate IH8da and lakes ability to cut to the chase.

What was IH8da banned or something? :-/

TransAmBison
03-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm tending to think they are the same person...

SDbison
03-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Regardless of the writing style the topic is still much debated here on Bisonville. *I am sure many of you don't know my opinion on the matter (much sarcasm), but how much longer can Gene put off making the decision? * Is EWU really still a possibility (home or ......god forbid away)? *There can't be but a few remotely possible DI-AA games out there and does that include UNI? * So, as more time passes the choice must be coming down to a DII or lower game at home, or the Gophers. *I think the answer is obvious and it is not as bad as some of you think. *Even coach Bohl may be starting to accept reality. * * *

MplsBison
03-05-2006, 10:13 PM
If anything SDBison, I have to think a DII home and the Gophers are the two that are becoming less possible and a home/home with either EWU or UNI becoming more possible.

SDbison
03-05-2006, 10:32 PM
If anything SDBison, I have to think a DII home and the Gophers are the two that are becoming less possible and a home/home with either EWU or UNI becoming more possible.
Based on what? Do you have some inside information to back up your statement? Seems there was a previous post on this board that EWU may not even be available anymore. And I think UNI, with their recent success, would prefer an easier game at home. Why are you so against the game MplsBison? If you are still living there I would think you would be happy to have the Bison play the Gophers in Minneapolis.

silkamilkamonico
03-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Ban this lakesbison fool for ignorance already.

The guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

MplsBison
03-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Based on what? *Do you have some inside information to back up your statement? *Seems there was a previous post on this board that EWU may not even be *available anymore. *And I think UNI, with their recent success, would prefer an easier game at home. *Why are you so against the game MplsBison? *If you are still living there I would think you would be happy to have the Bison play the Gophers in Minneapolis. * *

I'm only against it if there are better options.

IMHO, a home/home with either EWU or UNI is a better option.

Yes, I would love to take a short trip down to the metrodome to watch the Bison.

lakesbison
03-06-2006, 02:37 AM
its ME Ih8dasioux!!!! SILK.. why am I ignorant??!? because... I speak the TRUTH!??

its like RANDY MOSS SAID "people dont want to hear the truth.. the TRUTH HURTS!"

I DARE you. and NDSU to put a survey out there....

Who would you rather play in 06??

Minnesota Gophers ( ___ )

Any D 1 AA or D 2 team ( ____ )

I would bet my HOUSE that its 85% gophers!!

My original thread was saying "GET IT DONE ALREADY!"

p.s Why was IH8dasioux banned ?? is this UND or NDSU's board??

silkamilkamonico
03-06-2006, 07:17 PM
its ME Ih8dasioux!!!! * SILK.. why am I ignorant??!? *because... I speak the TRUTH!??

Your "truth" is based solely around money, and money only.

Some people that have been fan's of NDSU for year's actually care about the success of Bison athletics.

You would rather move up to D1-A and be a bottom feeder team losing game after game as long as your Bison team is making "money" and playing "big time competition".

I'm sorry, I have too much pride for that. We're insignificant in the world of D1A and that's reality.

Team's are wanting a Montana move up to D1A ONLY because they have been successful in D1AA.

It's a stepping stone. Don't be so driven by money. It doesn't buy success.

semobison
03-07-2006, 01:45 AM
+++Silk, thank god fans dont make in house decisions for the athletic department.

SDbison
03-07-2006, 02:26 AM
+++Silk, thank god fans dont make in house decisions for the athletic department.
That goes for people on both sides of this fairly even debate on who the Bison should play (Gophers versus EWU). Just because lakesbison is more anxious (and more text insensitive) for a Gopher game doesn't mean that this game is currently not more favored by the athletic department (except Bohl several weeks ago) and it may be the ultimate outcome. I think those who want the Gopher game are not as vocal (in number of people posting) to express their opinion.

TransAmBison
03-07-2006, 03:23 AM
Your "truth" is based solely around money, and money only.

Some people that have been fan's of NDSU for year's actually care about the success of Bison athletics.

You would rather move up to D1-A and be a bottom feeder team losing game after game as long as your Bison team is making "money" and playing "big time competition".

I'm sorry, I have too much pride for that. *We're insignificant in the world of D1A and that's reality. *

Team's are wanting a Montana move up to D1A ONLY because they have been successful in D1AA.

It's a stepping stone. *Don't be so driven by money. *It doesn't buy success.
++++

silkamilkamonico
03-07-2006, 04:49 AM
Just because lakesbison is more anxious (and more text insensitive) for a Gopher game doesn't mean that this game is currently not more favored by the athletic department (except Bohl several weeks ago) and it may be the ultimate outcome. * * *

Fans wanting the Gopher game are usually wanting it for the fact that it's a regional battle against a powerhouse opponent, the oppurtunity to compete with a local team that has been a fan favorite in the spotlight of college athletics across the nation (as far as this region anyways), the payout, and the simple fact that it's Minnesota Gophers.

LakeBison has repeatedly stated he want's the game solely for the "money", and the fact they are a D1A Big 10 program. He doesn't care about the history, the recruiting, and the fanbase. He has a dream of competing against the top team's across Division 1 football, even if it's at the expense of the pride of the football program. He's stated several times it's about the money and name in Division 1A football, and apparently actually winning games is irrelevant for NDSU's sake.

I'm sorry, but there is a right reason, and a wrong reason, to want the game against Minnesota in 2006.

lakesbison
03-07-2006, 06:33 AM
You really do.. I mean .. think about it.

You would rather sit in D2 and carry on the "tradition".... soo stay SMALL. silk.... You wear that label well..

I WANT THE MONEY and the EXPOSURE YES.. since it DOESNT MATTER ANYWAYS in 06.. cuz we aint playoff eligible...

Look what that Wisconsin win did for us??!!

Recruit wise.. MOST of our future recruits will be coming from the TWIN CITIES METRO Area...

MplsBison
03-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Here's a huge negative about taking the Gopher game that no one seems to be talking about. The bye week.

If we take the Gopher game our bye week is week two and then it's ten straight games. Also, we play the Gophers right before the conference schedule. We could be pretty banged up by then.

If we take a game on the 9th, we play seven games and get a bye to rest up for the conference schedule.

The second option is much better. Our guys deserve the best chance possible to win the conference title.

tcbison
03-07-2006, 03:17 PM
I have been in favor of the Gopher game but with the way the schedule is working out we need another home game and a bye week. I would be very happy with a home game with either EWU or UNI. Both are great teams. I wouldn't mind a road game with UNI this year if we can get them in the Fargodome in 07 or 08.

TransAmBison
03-07-2006, 06:14 PM

You would rather sit in D2 and carry on the "tradition".... soo stay SMALL. silk.... You wear that label well..

I WANT THE MONEY and the EXPOSURE YES.. since it DOESNT MATTER ANYWAYS in 06.. cuz we aint playoff eligible...

Look what that Wisconsin win did for us??!!

Recruit wise.. MOST of our future recruits will be coming from the TWIN CITIES METRO Area... *

Not wanting to play the Gophers has nothing to do with DII. We are DIAA, and only that for a very short time. I think we need a few more quality wins against our peers before we make this leap. Have a little trust in our coach.

Bisondad
03-07-2006, 06:20 PM
If we didn't already have a D-IA game, I'd say Minnesota for sure. But, being that we do already have a D-IA game, I think playing a Big Sky team helps our chances for building relationships with the Big Sky conference and hopefully helps us gain acceptance to the Big Sky. Nothing against Minnesota, but I think this helps our future more. We'll get Minnesota next year.

BisBison
03-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Not wanting to play the Gophers has nothing to do with DII. *We are DIAA, and only that for a very short time. *I think we need a few more quality wins against our peers before we make this leap. *Have a little trust in our coach.
I totally agree. Gene and Craig are charting a course in D-I athletics, they both have been there and deserve our support. IMO a home and home with EWU is preferable to a one shot deal with UM. BTW does anyone have a handle on what we make on a typical game?

silkamilkamonico
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM

What label? I haven't once complained about the move up to D1 for NDSU. NOt once?

Once again, just like EWU, you clearly don't understand what you're talking about. Your "logic" and "theories" have been cut down from inappropriate comments and misguided information that I can't even take you seriously anymore.

And FYI, "money" and "exposure" from playing against D1 schedule's doesn't always pan out to be in the best interest of the schools. For this very reason, see Duke, East Carolina, Rice, SMU, Army, Temple, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Ohio, UNLV, Arkansas State, Mid Tenn State, Idaho, San Jose St, etc, etc, etc, on why it doesn't work like that.

You're the first Bison "fan" that I've met that clearly doesn't care about the tradition, pride, and self worth that is known as Bison athletics.

Go jump on some other program's band wagon.

MplsBison
03-07-2006, 10:38 PM
If we didn't already have a D-IA game, I'd say Minnesota for sure. *But, being that we do already have a D-IA game, I think playing a Big Sky team helps our chances for building relationships with the Big Sky conference and hopefully helps us gain acceptance to the Big Sky. *Nothing against Minnesota, but I think this helps our future more. * We'll get Minnesota next year.

As usual, the posts with logic and common sense like this one are over looked to make way for the flame wars.