PDA

View Full Version : Next years Kick Off game

StL Bison Fan
10-12-2016, 06:13 PM
This is fine with me, but not sure if I would go too much out of my way to watch this game:
http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/jsu/jsu-set-to-face-chattanooga-on-espn-in-montgomery-in/article_b73f9a36-9024-11e6-bcf4-dbc5c2d83c74.html

HerdThat!
10-12-2016, 06:17 PM
I love that they mention the two games we played and left off the first year game between Sam Houston St and Eastern Washington

BisonFanAnn
10-12-2016, 06:25 PM
I'll watch JSU just to be entertained by their "Fear the Beak" thing. Cracks me up every time I think about it.

Bisonator98
10-12-2016, 07:05 PM
So the FCS kickoff game is going to be in Montgomery every year now? That would suck. Good thing NDSU is done with it.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Mocs by 14

Bison 4 Life
10-12-2016, 07:30 PM
So the FCS kickoff game is going to be in Montgomery every year now? That would suck. Good thing NDSU is done with it.

That's fine. I'm not sure it's been an advantage for us. I like the extra week and not having to cram two bye weeks at the beginning of the season.

Besides. I'd rather be in the last game than the first.

wagsabison
10-12-2016, 07:33 PM
It's good other schools get an opportunity.

SomeBeach
10-12-2016, 07:45 PM
I don't recall that we gave ESPN permission to go out with other football teams!?

Mr Meaty
10-12-2016, 08:05 PM
It's good other schools get an opportunity.

ESPN is betting NDSU will not win the natty again. They believe JSU will be the defending champ. They wanted to lock that game up early.

Vet70
10-12-2016, 09:30 PM
ESPN is betting NDSU will not win the natty again. They believe JSU will be the defending champ. They wanted to lock that game up early.

ESPN likes JSU's band.

BisonFanAnn
10-12-2016, 09:40 PM
ESPN likes JSU's band.

Doesn't everyone?

No_Skill
10-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Doesn't everyone?

I was unimpressed, actually.

Tony Almeida
10-13-2016, 12:27 AM
I was unimpressed, actually.
Didn't we turn down a kick off game 3 years ago or was that just scuttlebutt?

CAS4127
10-13-2016, 12:35 AM

Pretty sure I read that we can't do KO more than two years in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
10-13-2016, 01:12 AM

Scuttlebutt, but I think it was accurate. The FD had already booked Katy Perry for the kickoff weekend.

gotts
10-13-2016, 02:55 AM
Scuttlebutt, but I think it was accurate. The FD had already booked Katy Perry for the kickoff weekend.

I think it would have been first game under a new coach, so it was turned down. Was supposed to be the Montana game @ home.

StL Bison Fan
10-13-2016, 02:59 AM
We were asked but I remember them saying it was just too much on the team, so they went to EWashington/SHSU.
When they explained it, it made sense. Maybe it is in some other thread in 2014

Hammersmith
10-13-2016, 03:13 AM
We were asked but I remember them saying it was just too much on the team, so they went to EWashington/SHSU.
When they explained it, it made sense. Maybe it is in some other thread in 2014

That's what was said, but I still believe it was a cover for the Katy Perry thing. It wasn't very long after that the concert was announced. Now, it's very likely that the concert was signed long before the announcement. And the announcement had to come from Perry's end, not the Fargodome's. So when word got out that ESPN had contacted NDSU about the game and had been turned down, they couldn't tell the real reason, so they came up with the new coach excuse. At least that's what I believe. I don't think they did anything wrong by fibbing; they were stuck behind a non-disclosure agreement. (again, that's my belief, not confirmed fact)

CAS4127
10-13-2016, 03:16 AM
That's what was said, but I still believe it was a cover for the Katy Perry thing. It wasn't very long after that the concert was announced. Now, it's very likely that the concert was signed long before the announcement. And the announcement had to come from Perry's end, not the Fargodome's. So when word got out that ESPN had contacted NDSU about the game and had been turned down, they couldn't tell the real reason, so they came up with the new coach excuse. At least that's what I believe. I don't think they did anything wrong by fibbing; they were stuck behind a non-disclosure agreement. (again, that's my belief, not confirmed fact)

That's what came out afterward for sure.

Tony Almeida
10-13-2016, 03:17 AM
That's it, I thought it was the Montana game but wasn't sure...now had we made it the KO game, would this last one against Chuck South happened or not, or is CAS blowing smoke about the 2 yrs in a row thing? Coz I'm thinking 3 yrs in a row would have been pretty cool...

CAS4127
10-13-2016, 03:20 AM
That's it, I thought it was the Montana game but wasn't sure...now had we made it the KO game, would this last one against Chuck South happened or not, or is CAS blowing smoke about the 2 yrs in a row thing? Coz I'm thinking 3 yrs in a row would have been pretty cool...

Heard it right from Coach K's mouth I'm pretty sure.

MAKBison
10-13-2016, 04:30 AM

I have herd it a few times from different media that the the deal between ESPN and the FCS is that no one team can appear in the KO consecutively more than twice

ndsubison1
10-13-2016, 10:09 AM
No more Eli Jenkins. Should be interesting.

Tony Almeida
10-14-2016, 03:40 AM
Heard it right from Coach K's mouth I'm pretty sure.

I have herd it a few times from different media that the the deal between ESPN and the FCS is that no one team can appear in the KO consecutively more than twice

That's garbage.

EndZoneQB
10-14-2016, 03:53 AM
That's garbage.

Think we can safely call that the "NDSU rule". Whatever, we have had an embarrassment of riches in regards to exposure, so I suppose it's only fair to spread the love. There is some good football being played in our division, might as well put it on display. I don't mind JSU, Montana, etc...it's the EWU home game that really bothers me because that stadium is god awful.

NovaBison
10-14-2016, 10:43 AM
Think we can safely call that the "NDSU rule". Whatever, we have had an embarrassment of riches in regards to exposure, so I suppose it's only fair to spread the love. There is some good football being played in our division, might as well put it on display. I don't mind JSU, Montana, etc...it's the EWU home game that really bothers me because that stadium is god awful.

Agree... that first FCS Kick-Off was God Awful... the Red Turf, the half empty stands, the ESPN announcers droning on incessantly about the FBS rather than actually talking about the game they were sent to cover, SHSU's team made up of FBS "drop downs" who had never played together -- all in all, it made for a pretty pathetic premiere of an annual sporting event.

I am pretty sure JSU and UTC will fill the stands in Montgomery, and provide an entertaining game. ESPN has corrected their coverage -- past two games are significantly better.

56BISON73
10-14-2016, 06:28 PM

I think its a good thing somebody else gets the game. There are many good programs out there that would like the exposure as well. Plus its a great thing for the players.