PDA

View Full Version : ISU-Red post game thoughts.

Kevin
10-01-2016, 09:16 PM
1) Spack just ran out of time again.
2) Stick is a stud.
3) Secondary and punting still suspect.
4) Well miss deluca but plank fills in really well.
5) Good game by coach polasek.

Rock
10-01-2016, 09:21 PM
2) Stick is a stud.

Ditto 10 char

HerdistheWord
10-01-2016, 09:27 PM
6) ISU's playoff hopes are in jeopardy.

oldmantutters
10-01-2016, 09:29 PM
I hope ISU-R is good. If they are, we are amazing.
Once again we let our foot off the gas in the third, won't help our Sagarin.
Weeeeeee!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
10-01-2016, 09:30 PM
ISUR isn't good at all, at anything.

Twentysix
10-01-2016, 09:34 PM
6) ISU's playoff hopes are in jeopardy.

I'm pretty sure last week when they lost to indiana state they took themselves out of playoff contention.

If you can't beat indiana state you aren't going to win enough games in the valley to make the playoffs.

HerdistheWord
10-01-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm pretty sure last week when they lost to indiana state they took themselves out of playoff contention.

If you can't beat indiana state you aren't going to win enough games in the valley to make the playoffs.

ISU-b is ranked 24th, but Misery St is up 7 in the fourth with a FG attempt comingnup.

Twentysix
10-01-2016, 09:40 PM
ISU-b is ranked 24th, but Misery St is up 7 in the fourth with a FG attempt comingnup.

They are only ranked that because people had ISUr way over inflated. Illinois state was their only good win. Their other wins were SEMO and non-scholly butler. Now ISUr was obviously not that good of a win.

I guess Indiana State only lost by 30 to Minnesota.... maybe that counts for something... lol

HerdistheWord
10-01-2016, 09:42 PM
They are only ranked that because people had ISUr way over inflated.

I wish I could disagree with this. Misery state up 14 on ISU-b...

VirginiaBison
10-01-2016, 09:43 PM

They are an up and coming team. Going to be a tough game next week!

Really a strange year. A lot of different offenses faced so far. Bison defenses getting a lot of different experiences. ISU-r was no exception. What is MState doing?

Twentysix
10-01-2016, 09:45 PM
They are an up and coming team. Going to be a tough game next week!

Really a strange year. A lot of different offenses faced so far. Bison defenses getting a lot of different experiences. ISU-r was no exception. What is MState doing?

http://www.espn.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2890586/

Missouri state is doing everything. They have 400 yards and are pretty balanced.

Edit: they are perfectly balanced. 35 passes 35 rushes.

Hammersmith
10-01-2016, 09:54 PM
I hope ISU-R is good. If they are, we are amazing.
Once again we let our foot off the gas in the third, won't help our Sagarin.
Weeeeeee!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Won't hurt either. We outperformed the prediction by about a point and a half. We will probably drop a spot or three, but that will be more because of Iowa than ISUr.

Although NW beating Iowa may bump up ISUr enough to compensate. Tomorrow morning will be a tiny bit interesting.

NDSUBowler
10-01-2016, 09:58 PM
PGT had a fantastic game!

MontBison
10-01-2016, 10:12 PM
PGT had a fantastic game!

This! AND he FINALLY made a tackle in the open field. I think it was midway through the third quarter when the qb threw a dump pass to his rb and pgt came up and made a solid open field tackle. I honestly fell out of my dam chair when I saw that.

Bison 4 Life
10-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Watching this MoSt game and I'm not the least bit worried about next week.

IzzyFlexion
10-01-2016, 10:26 PM
Purifoy looks very undersized.
Got stuffed badly up the middle twice but showed some giddyup and some fearlessness around the edge on his third carry.

HerdBot
10-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Wow tough to be critical of anything. Online was awesome. Easton was awesome. Receivers were awesome. Running backs were awesome. Play calling was awesome.

Defense was a little soft early in the game but the adjustments were perfect. Still the secondary was kind of meh at times. Pass rush was ferocious. Pierre Gee Tucker... Awesome game. D

Nice to see some of the young guys get some reps.

Punting was OK but then again... No returns. Cam Peterson is great but we need to get some consistent snap and holds.

Crowd was good early but the game was pretty much over at half time. What was Brock Slack freaking out about?

ThunderDan
10-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Got stuffed badly up the middle twice but showed some giddyup and some fearlessness around the edge on his third carry.

Who cares. We have Dunn and Anderson for awhile still, and there will be more coming in like always. He might turn out to be great, or he might leave the program in a year, who knows. Doesn't matter, we are never short on rbs

IzzyFlexion
10-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Who cares. We have Dunn and Anderson for awhile still, and there will be more coming in like always. He might turn out to be great, or he might leave the program in a year, who knows. Doesn't matter, we are never short on rbs

Wasn't meant to be a concern or a criticism.

HerdBot
10-01-2016, 10:45 PM

Kid's super explosive. Reminds me of a young Sam Ojuri. If he can get up to 210 lbs, kid will be a super star. Right now though he's too skinny. Needs another year with Kramer and put on some weight. Next year he will see some time with King and Chase graduating

Mr Pep Band
10-01-2016, 10:46 PM
NDSU adjusted very well with the bye week from Iowa
Iowa lost to Northwestern, miiiight not be the greatest win ever for NDSU (K State)
Defense is still solid
Offense is getting better

And that I nailed this score prediction! :biggrin:

Bison stampede to win. 31-10

The weak stache is humbled.

VirginiaBison
10-01-2016, 11:07 PM
http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9139&start=90 This:

"...most telling and deceptive stat line .. NDSU is 0 of 0 in Red Zone, and we are 2 of 3 in red zone ... but Bison lead 28-10."

and this

"LB Spack does his job well .. but he just doesn't have another gear needed for FCS MVFC level."

MontBison
10-01-2016, 11:37 PM
Wow tough to be critical of anything. Online was awesome. Easton was awesome. Receivers were awesome. Running backs were awesome. Play calling was awesome.

Defense was a little soft early in the game but the adjustments were perfect. Still the secondary was kind of meh at times. Pass rush was ferocious. Pierre Gee Tucker... Awesome game. D

Punting was OK but then again... No returns. Cam Peterson is great but we need to get some consistent snap and holds.

Crowd was good early but the game was pretty much over at half time. What was Brock Slack freaking out about?

Lol on the punting. On the radio they were going on and on about how like 70% of his punts have been fair caught so who cares if he doesn't kick it a mile but my god can't we find anyone to kick it more than 30 yds?

BattleBorn
10-01-2016, 11:59 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but where was Bruuuuuuuuuce today?

EC8CH
Wow... We are so far inside fouthandshorts head. Think that guys been watching the last few minutes of that Championship game frame by frame for the past two years straight.

Bison 4 Life
Wow... We are so far inside fouthandshorts head. Think that guys been watching the last few minutes of that Championship game frame by frame for the past two years straight.

I used to needle him at AGS. Fourthandbitchy I called him.

EC8CH

High ankle sprain. Was dressed on sideline though.

EC8CH
10-02-2016, 12:00 AM
I used to needle him at AGS. Fourthandbitchy I called him.

He actually has more excuses than Spack for why they lost... Impressive.

Mr Meaty
10-02-2016, 12:08 AM

He was dressed but never saw the field. Might be in the doghouse.

Bisonwinagn
10-02-2016, 12:18 AM
He was dressed but never saw the field. Might be in the doghouse.

How many times do people have to say he was injured in the Iowa game and wasn't needed?????

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-02-2016, 12:35 AM
2) Stick is a stud.

Yeah, number 3)

scbison91
10-02-2016, 12:35 AM
He was dressed but never saw the field. Might be in the doghouse.He hurt his ankle during iowa game and coaches didn't want to risk it today.. He will be back next week.

ndsubison1
10-02-2016, 12:36 AM
Thought he had sprained ankle

TAILG8R
10-02-2016, 12:37 AM
I read somewhere he sprained his ankle. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonwinagn
10-02-2016, 12:41 AM
Finally opened up the passing game and had immediate results. Would like to see at least one receiver run a post every play when the defense has 8 guys in the box.
Pass defense still a big question mark. Hope they continue to get better. Defensive line was great.
Forgot to add....why the heck was ISU's QB playing in the 4th qtr taking punishment when he came into the game injured? That was very poor on the coaches. There comes a time when you have to stop to live another day.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-02-2016, 12:43 AM
He has high ankle sprain. They're a bitch to get healed up.

Hammersmith
10-02-2016, 12:50 AM
Not sure if you guys all heard, but he sprained his ankle.

(had to - too funny)

56BISON73
10-02-2016, 12:52 AM
Lol on the punting. On the radio they were going on and on about how like 70% of his punts have been fair caught so who cares if he doesn't kick it a mile but my god can't we find anyone to kick it more than 30 yds?

Yeah. When ou only kick it 30-35 yard and a mile high they sure as heck aint going to return it. He has yet to turn the field over for us. When youve got the long field 30-35 yard punts puts there offense in great field position.

bisonhp330
10-02-2016, 01:07 AM
2) Stick is a stud.

agree with above. Spack is a Whiney ass- like Pelini only no one can take him serious with that Stach. Game 4- d- backs should have it shored up by now. That worries me. Lacompte is gravely missed.

Cant believe the poor showing by ill state fans- Same fans that cried we took all the tickets in Frisco.....no way they had more than 50 here. Ones that were here were having a good time in tailgating.

Twentysix
10-02-2016, 01:16 AM

Only three things to be critical of: Kicking, punting, and Espn3 broadcast skipping too much of the game for commercials.

But as usual, NDSU seems to be getting better and better every week.

1998braves64
10-02-2016, 01:32 AM
The punting yardage leaves a lot to be desired. The only positive is that 70%+ are fair caught. Apparently the other 30% just bounce? I don't think I've yet see a returner try to return one?? But yea it would be better if he was in the 40-45 range and doing that. That said isu-r punter wasn't so hot either.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdBot
10-02-2016, 01:33 AM
Only three things to be critical of: Kicking, punting, and Espn3 broadcast skipping too much of the game for commercials.

But as usual, NDSU seems to be getting better and better every week.

If the secondary improves like it did last year, we are golden. They better get their assignments figured out by the SDSU game. They are hitting on all cylinders in the passing game right now

bisonmike2
10-02-2016, 01:40 AM
Just saw a dude rocking a Bison shirt and tatanka hat at the clemain/louisville game

BisonNeil
10-02-2016, 01:41 AM
Pass defense still a big question mark. Hope they continue to get better.

I'm not convinced they are getting better. The defensive secondary gave up nearly 300 yds passing and there were several inexplicable breakdowns, like run fakes and DBs crashing down while the WRs stand free to catch passes. How that shit happens I will never understand.

NDSU1980
10-02-2016, 01:55 AM
Jeff and Phil were talking on the radio about how Spack had to restrained by 2 officials to keep him going after the third one. Since when do refs restrain coaches? I would have thought they would have thrown a flag or ejected him.

NDSUstudent
10-02-2016, 02:01 AM
Great game, Stick and the offense was sharp. Defense had some issues but I loved the pressure they put on ISUR's QB. Still some coverage stuff to clean up though.

Not sure what was going on with Spack, thought he was about to go full Pelini in the 4th quarter for a second.

BisManBison
10-02-2016, 02:02 AM
I'm not convinced they are getting better. The defensive secondary gave up nearly 300 yds passing and there were several inexplicable breakdowns, like run fakes and DBs crashing down while the WRs stand free to catch passes. How that shit happens I will never understand.

In defense of the dbacks on the first touchdown, ISU should have been flagged for ineligible downfield. They had at least one linemen fire off the ball and was several yards downfield on the pass. Nonetheless, lots of room for improvement!

NDSUstudent
10-02-2016, 02:02 AM
Jeff and Phil were talking on the radio about how Spack had to restrained by 2 officials to keep him going after the third one. Since when do refs restrain coaches? I would have thought they would have thrown a flag or ejected him.

From what I saw his assistants mainly restrained him and dragged him back to the sideline. Not sure what it will take for an MVFC ref to throw a flag in that situation.

DBRJake
10-02-2016, 02:07 AM
From their game day thread:

"Also - there is absolutely nothing to make me believe that NDSU will not win another Championship. They are that good. How in the absolute hell do they continue to do this?!"

:)

Hammersmith
10-02-2016, 02:15 AM
From their game day thread:

"Also - there is absolutely nothing to make me believe that NDSU will not win another Championship. They are that good. How in the absolute hell do they continue to do this?!"

:)

Wanted to reply:

Hookers and blow.

MNLonghorn10
10-02-2016, 02:17 AM
Arizona St, TCU, Texas:facepalm:, Georgia all losers. Fuckin Iowa hurting NDSU's chances at the top 25.

Bison Bridge Guy
10-02-2016, 02:28 AM
In defense of the dbacks on the first touchdown, ISU should have been flagged for ineligible downfield. They had at least one linemen fire off the ball and was several yards downfield on the pass. Nonetheless, lots of room for improvement!

Also: CJ Smith was in the TV booth when that happened and said he gave up a TD on an identical play as a sophomore. He turned out ok, so maybe we can have a little more patience for the secondary.

BisonTeacher
10-02-2016, 02:30 AM
Arizona St, TCU, Texas:facepalm:, Georgia all losers. Fuckin Iowa hurting NDSU's chances at the top 25.

And Rutgers got destroyed by OSU.

Bison Bridge Guy
10-02-2016, 02:31 AM
Play of the game: the forced fumble when they were inside our 10 yard line. We scored not long after to go up 21-10. Could have been down 17-14. Redbirds didn't do much after that the rest of the game.

ndsubison1
10-02-2016, 02:32 AM
Just saw a dude rocking a Bison shirt and tatanka hat at the clemain/louisville game

Man Clemsons defense is so tough

roadwarrior
10-02-2016, 02:58 AM
From what I saw his assistants mainly restrained him and dragged him back to the sideline. Not sure what it will take for an MVFC ref to throw a flag in that situation.

This happened pretty close to me. While his assistants were trying to get him off the field, he purposely bumped one of the refs. I don't know how they don't throw a flag for that!

Bison bison
10-02-2016, 03:04 AM
Play of the game: the forced fumble when they were inside our 10 yard line. We scored not long after to go up 21-10. Could have been down 17-14. Redbirds didn't do much after that the rest of the game.

There's something about ripping someone's heart out of their ass that makes them underperform.

VirginiaBison
10-02-2016, 03:04 AM
This happened pretty close to me. While his assistants were trying to get him off the field, he purposely bumped one of the refs. I don't know how they don't throw a flag for that! Hmmmm, was he in the white zone? That was good enough against the Bizon staff for a flag.

BisonTeacher
10-02-2016, 03:12 AM
Brock was just worried about running out of time again

No_Skill
10-02-2016, 03:12 AM
Hmmmm, was he in the white zone? That was good enough against the Bizon staff for a flag.

I think he was on the field at the time, so he was good. ;)

ZHerd
10-02-2016, 03:25 AM

Ya not happening. Next shot 2020

unbison
10-02-2016, 03:42 AM
4-0 that's all

Son of a Bison
10-02-2016, 08:09 AM
Chris Board is a stud on kick coverage. Sets our defense up to defend a long field. Reminds me of Zach Colvin as he seemed to always stand out on kick coverage.

ZHerd
10-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Chris Board is a stud on kick coverage. Sets our defense up to defend a long field. Reminds me of Zach Colvin as he seemed to always stand out on kick coverage.

He is in Desmond King's nightmares

BisoninNWMN
10-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Also: CJ Smith was in the TV booth when that happened and said he gave up a TD on an identical play as a sophomore. He turned out ok, so maybe we can have a little more patience for the secondary.

This here.

The secondary is really young and they will get better. 3 sophs and a junior

GOBISON123
10-02-2016, 11:35 AM
4th game into the season and our DBs are still terrible. They never turned around and looked for the ball., 0 ball tracking skills, I know you lose a step if you turn around for the ball and the WR gains 2-3 extra yards of seperation and that can be dangerous, but this tells me our DB coaching is very poor and substandard. I cannot even imagine how terrible this can be if we are playing against UNI in UNI Dome or against the JackRabbits :facepalm:

scottietohottie
10-02-2016, 12:06 PM
4th game into the season and our DBs are still terrible. They never turned around and looked for the ball., 0 ball tracking skills, I know you lose a step if you turn around for the ball and the WR gains 2-3 extra yards of seperation and that can be dangerous, but this tells me our DB coaching is very poor and substandard. I cannot even imagine how terrible this can be if we are playing against UNI in UNI Dome or against the JackRabbits :facepalm:

You are dumb.

bisonmike2
10-02-2016, 12:30 PM
You are dumb.

He does have a point about the db's never turning around.we've seen so many deep balls thrown right over the defendes head. Balls that if they just looked back they could have easily batted it away. Something that Cj smith was great at doing. I hope it's something they get better at because it's frustrating as hell watching it happen every game, multiple times a game.

Bison 4 Life
10-02-2016, 12:36 PM
He does have a point about the db's never turning around.we've seen so many deep balls thrown right over the defendes head. Balls that if they just looked back they could have easily batted it away. Something that Cj smith was great at doing. I hope it's something they get better at because it's frustrating as hell watching it happen every game, multiple times a game.

I do agree that some coaching needs to happen, especially since I saw Bailey and that Mo State kid flinging it all over the place.

That said, I saw CJ get barbecued more than a few times. Teams wouldn't throw at Marcus and CJ took a while to get up to the task.

bruinbison
10-02-2016, 12:55 PM

That was happening after a Redbirds personal foul on the Bison sideline.
From what I saw & heard, # 99 was called for the late, after the whistle (s)
hit. On the video replay, #99 is clearly standing there, not doing anything, as he heard the whistle. Meanwhile, the whole pile is working it's way on the sideline after the whistle, nothing rough going on.
Then, #34 barges into the pile, impacting his own players mainly.
And who is #34?
Why, a young Mr Spack.....

Brent, that is. He is a senior LB

And the game was already out of hand for Coach Spack and ISUr, so what was the point???

Originally posted by Bison Bridge Guy

That was a huge swing, at worst ISU would have made a FG and been down only 14-13. Big, big plays by Aaron Steidl on the ball strip of QB Kolbe (who it looked like had an outside run/pass option) , and by PGT on the fumble recovery. PGT missed the bouncing ball on the first try, but wrestled it away from an ISU o-lineman to gain possession.
Then, 4 plays & 92 yards later, AirBizon has struck and increased the lead to 21-10. It seemed like the Redbirds' offense never looked the same afterwards. Funny how the Bison D does that to other teams. They are getting better......

edit: watched the replay tonight on TBFS and it actually was #99 on the late hit, on his own people. #98 was the one watching and young Mr Spack was there as part of the group tackle.

Bison"FANatic"
10-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Our Db's still scare me, I don't know if we could survive a good healthy air it out offense. It may be what ends the streak.

Bison 4 Life
10-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Our Db's still scare me, I don't know if we could survive a good healthy air it out offense. It may be what ends the streak.

Is there a more "healthy" air it out offense than Eastern Washington?

Bison"FANatic"
10-02-2016, 01:10 PM

Ya Eastern Washington with a Cooper Kupp the whole game

Bison 4 Life
10-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Ya Eastern Washington with a Cooper Kupp the whole game

Yeah but that's the thing, isn't it? There's a little more nuance to it. Kupp got murdered against a physical defense. Everybody said that 3 down linemen thing killed us. How about 4 down? Would he have had so few times getting to the QB? When Kolbe had time, like Gubrud, he could just let it go all day. When we got to Kolbe, he made bad passes.

A strong physical defense will eventually beat up a high flying offense.

A1pigskin
10-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Where was Bruce Anderson?

Vet70
10-02-2016, 01:17 PM
In terms of coaching, we have the same DB coach as last year and wound up 11th overall out of 150 FCS teams and 17th in passes intercepted. The secondary is obviously less experienced and maybe the coaching is going to take more time.

No doubt the passing defense needs improving. Through four games we have given up 8 passing TD's and 248.8 ypg. Last year we gave up 5 TD's and 221.5 in the first four against Montana, Weber, SDSU and a JV squad. This year Gabrud is 1st in the FCS with an average of 478.75 (450 against NDSU), and Kolbe is tied for 13th with 254.2. Beathard has averaged 198.4 with 197 against us. After two good FCS qurterbacks and an FBS team there is definately need for improvement, but I don't think the sky is falling just yet.

BisonHorns
10-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Coach Spack radio interview after the game.
https://audioboom.com/boos/5116808-brock-spack-and-his-team-reflect-after-their-team-loses-to-ndsu-31-10

bisonmike2
10-02-2016, 01:53 PM

I agree. Doesn't get more air it out than EWU. SDSU doesn't worry me. The only team left on the schedule that does is UNI. At their place and Bailey can straight up murder us. That's the game where we are really going to miss Deluca.

scottietohottie
10-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Oh crap we are 4-0.

bruinbison
10-02-2016, 01:58 PM
And coming up against 3-1 Missouri State :hide:

But seriously, that new coaching staff for MSU looks to be turning things around quickly in their 2nd season.
Coach Dave Steckel had a lot of success at Missouri as defense coordinator/associate head coach.
They had won the last 2 SEC east division before the Bears hired him.
One would guess he saw a lot of untapped potential at Missouri State......

http://missouristatebears.com/coaches.aspx?rc=238&path=football

1998braves64
10-02-2016, 02:03 PM

Dudzik talked about it on the bison rewind. His comment was it looked like the CBs were out of "phase" essentially not where coaches want them to be to turn around and look for the ball and lose that step. He said he was coached in that situation to "fastball" the receiver, get there as fast as you can to get up in their business while trying to catch the ball. He said a lot of plays where it seemed like the DBs would have just turned and looked would have ended up as TDs if they did look. That said the ISUr receiver that had a yard it two on grimsley wished he'd had that one back!

NDSU1980
10-02-2016, 02:05 PM
I am a little worried again about Cam since he missed the easy field goal. Anyone see anything, bad snap, bad placement? I know, I know, misses happen but you expect them more on the 50 yard stuff.

Professor Chaos
10-02-2016, 02:32 PM
I am a little worried again about Cam since he missed the easy field goal. Anyone see anything, bad snap, bad placement? I know, I know, misses happen but you expect them more on the 50 yard stuff.
I had a few friends who were sitting in the perfect spot in the south end zone to judge that FG and they thought it was good (as in it was directly over the crossbar, which means it should've been good, or even slightly inside). Still, it would've been a near miss but had it been in a bigger situation I wonder if it would've been reviewable???

BisManBison
10-02-2016, 02:35 PM
I had a few friends who were sitting in the perfect spot in the south end zone to judge that FG and they thought it was good (as in it was directly over the crossbar, which means it should've been good, or even slightly inside). Still, it would've been a near miss but had it been in a bigger situation I wonder if it would've been reviewable???

Looked good on TV to me too.

Hammerhead
10-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Where was Bruce Anderson?

Out with an injury.

Hammerhead
10-02-2016, 02:42 PM
What happened to all of those illegal blocking penalties on offense? Were the officials call them wrong in the first two games of have Bison changed their technique?

X-Factor
10-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Man Clemsons defense is so tough

I watched that game and unfortunately I don't think the Bison could hang within 30 points of either team.

gumby013
10-02-2016, 02:46 PM
What happened to all of those illegal blocking penalties on offense? Were the officials call them wrong in the first two games of have Bison changed their technique?

Conference office came back saying they were legal. Penalties were called incorrectly.

TAILG8R
10-02-2016, 02:48 PM
https://audioboom.com/boos/5116808-brock-spack-and-his-team-reflect-after-their-team-loses-to-ndsu-31-10

Not surprising the very first thing he does in this interview is throw his player under the bus, then continues to do so saying this guy dropped this pass and the qb missed this play etc. What a turd!

BisoninNWMN
10-02-2016, 02:54 PM
In terms of coaching, we have the same DB coach as last year and wound up 11th overall out of 150 FCS teams and 17th in passes intercepted. The secondary is obviously less experienced and maybe the coaching is going to take more time.

No doubt the passing defense needs improving. Through four games we have given up 8 passing TD's and 248.8 ypg. Last year we gave up 5 TD's and 221.5 in the first four against Montana, Weber, SDSU and a JV squad. This year Gabrud is 1st in the FCS with an average of 478.75 (450 against NDSU), and Kolbe is tied for 13th with 254.2. Beathard has averaged 198.4 with 197 against us. After two good FCS qurterbacks and an FBS team there is definately need for improvement, but I don't think the sky is falling just yet.

This here....

BisoninNWMN
10-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Yeah but that's the thing, isn't it? There's a little more nuance to it. Kupp got murdered against a physical defense. Everybody said that 3 down linemen thing killed us. How about 4 down? Would he have had so few times getting to the QB? When Kolbe had time, like Gubrud, he could just let it go all day. When we got to Kolbe, he made bad passes.

A strong physical defense will eventually beat up a high flying offense.

This here also....

BisoninNWMN
10-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Oh crap we are 4-0.

And this.....

AKBison
10-02-2016, 02:56 PM
2 thoughts... Can somebody on here get a still shot of Cam's missed field goal? I had a pretty good angle at the game and I swear that thing was good. Second, I wanted to give coach Spack a shoutout. After the game we were down on the field with the kids and Spack was high giving and congratulating lots of kids on his way over to the post game press conference.

KilldeerBison
10-02-2016, 02:57 PM

My thoughts too. Thinking the NCAA may have given some clarity to officials, after Coach K sent video of multiple penalty calls (from the EW game I think). I remember hearing Coach K saying that most, if not all of those, shouldn't have been flagged.

GOBISON123
10-02-2016, 06:27 PM
I agree. Doesn't get more air it out than EWU. SDSU doesn't worry me. The only team left on the schedule that does is UNI. At their place and Bailey can straight up murder us. That's the game where we are really going to miss Deluca.

What are you talking bisonmike2, yesterday two different Jackrabbit WRs made one handed catch near the endzone for a TD. The DB was all over the WR , the WR held him in check with one hand and made a catch in another hand. If our DBs play like they did last few weeks, we will not only lose we will be SC Top 10 fodder.

ndsubison1
10-02-2016, 06:27 PM
You don't turn around when the WR is several steps past you

A1pigskin
10-02-2016, 07:09 PM

There were about 4 buses he threw his players under.

Bison 4 Life
10-02-2016, 07:14 PM
What are you talking bisonmike2, yesterday two different Jackrabbit WRs made one handed catch near the endzone for a TD. The DB was all over the WR , the WR held him in check with one hand and made a catch in another hand. If our DBs play like they did last few weeks, we will not only lose we will be SC Top 10 fodder.

Your takes are so bad, Skip Bayless would facepalm you.

thundarsdaddy
10-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Not surprising the very first thing he does in this interview is throw his player under the bus, then continues to do so saying this guy dropped this pass and the qb missed this play etc. What a turd!

Exactly!! I cant stand any Coach like this...when the team loses they blame this player or that player...the teams lack of execution or the officiating. But when they win...this type of a coach praises him/herself for leading the team to a victory with their play calling etc. Then they wonder why there is no teamwork? The Redbirds had terrible teamwork yesterday and the players pay with no passion. Seldom will I run down a coach like this, but Mr. Stache showed his coaching ability by going out on the field to argue that penalty, when his team was down 3 touchdowns in the 3'rd quarter??? What was fun to see was the red-shirt FB players, who sit in the front row of the student section, along with some of the Bison track athletes(mostly women) were the most vocal at Mr. Stache...lol, it was awesome!!!

1998braves64
10-02-2016, 09:33 PM

The snaps have been consistently low this year. Almost surprised he hit that 47 yarder. That was a pretty bad snap and holder barely got it set up. Pretty sure the missed one was low too. Think the missed one was wide left? It came out flat and was spinning sideways so it obviously wasn't a good kick but what went wrong not totally sure.

56BISON73
10-02-2016, 09:39 PM
The snaps have been consistently low this year. Almost surprised he hit that 47 yarder. That was a pretty bad snap and holder barely got it set up. Pretty sure the missed one was low too. Think the missed one was wide left? It came out flat and was spinning sideways so it obviously wasn't a good kick but what went wrong not totally sure.

The holder has done a great job considering all of the bad snaps this year.

ndsubison1
10-02-2016, 10:04 PM

Weve had several of these this year. Need to shore that up

MAKBison
10-02-2016, 10:09 PM

YEAH, I am not sure how/why he is not better than or least the same as last year. To digress is unacceptable. Is he hurt?

Tony Almeida
10-03-2016, 12:07 AM
2 thoughts... Can somebody on here get a still shot of Cam's missed field goal? I had a pretty good angle at the game and I swear that thing was good. Second, I wanted to give coach Spack a shoutout. After the game we were down on the field with the kids and Spack was high giving and congratulating lots of kids on his way over to the post game press conference.

KVLY doesn't help much...they didn't even have a replay of the missed field goal. It looked good on TV anybody else re-watch this game yet? I was flipping out over it!

bisonmike2
10-03-2016, 12:49 AM

EWU has better receivers and a better qb. No way the bunnies come in and thow for 400 yads in our house and we know they can't run on us. I'm not going to be scared of an SDSU team just because their wr's can make 1 handed catches.

Bisonator98
10-03-2016, 12:51 AM
Any video links to ISUr post game pressers?

BisoninNWMN
10-03-2016, 12:53 AM
EWU has better receivers and a better qb. No way the bunnies come in and thow for 400 yads in our house and we know they can't run on us. I'm not going to be scared of an SDSU team just because their wr's can make 1 handed catches.

This here...

ZHerd
10-03-2016, 01:15 AM

I don't know about 400 yards but as things stand now, SDSU will torch us. Our secondary stinks (only one guy playing decent football), and SDSU will be the second best passing game we have faced. We are giving up an average of 260+ypg through the air. I had to go back to 2005 to find a worse average. SDSU will probably hang a whole lot more than 260 on us. I hope these guys improve a lot but I don't remember our previous db's ever struggling this much with so many blown assignments, whiffed tackles, lack of getting hands on balls and being in position and executing. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think we will get lit up by SDSU. This secondary has very real Achilles heel potential.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2016, 01:19 AM
I don't know about 400 yards but as things stand now, SDSU will torch us. Our secondary stinks (only one guy playing decent football), and SDSU will be the second best passing game we have faced. We are giving up an average of 260+ypg through the air. I had to go back to 2005 to find a worse average. SDSU will probably hang a whole lot more than 260 on us. I hope these guys improve a lot but I don't remember our previous db's ever struggling this much with so many blown assignments, whiffed tackles, lack of getting hands on balls and being in position and executing. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think we will get lit up by SDSU. This secondary has very real Achilles heel potential.
Do you know what SDSU's Achilles heel is defensively? (Hint: It's something the Bison offense does very very well)

SDSU will get their points (probably more than us spoiled fans would like to see) but it won't be enough points to win.

Bisonator98
10-03-2016, 01:30 AM
Do you know what SDSU's Achilles heel is defensively? (Hint: It's something the Bison offense does very very well)

SDSU will get their points (probably more than us spoiled fans would like to see) but it won't be enough points to win.

I thought the same against EWU. I sure hope we don't try that 3 line rush shit against SDSU!

TC could give us fits like Gubrud did. He has that escapability that could lead to some big plays for the Jacks. That said I'm more concerned with just getting out of Springfield with a W. Lord knows NDSU has struggled down there before against worse Bear teams.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2016, 01:47 AM
I thought the same against EWU. I sure hope we don't try that 3 line rush shit against SDSU!

TC could give us fits like Gubrud did. He has that escapability that could lead to some big plays for the Jacks. That said I'm more concerned with just getting out of Springfield with a W. Lord knows NDSU has struggled down there before against worse Bear teams.
I'm not saying they won't, unless there's major improvement in the Bison secondary SDSU should have a very productive day throwing the ball. I'm saying SDSU's defense is giving up 233 yards rushing per game at 6.1 yards per carry. That's not the type of defense that'll win in the Fargodome no matter how good the offense is. By comparison EWU is giving up 194.4 yards rushing per game at 4.8 yards per carry.

Vet70
10-03-2016, 01:56 AM
If teams can't run they are going to throw. I'll give the cliff notes version of an earlier post; the secondary has given up only 27.3 ypg more than this time last year against better FCS qurterbacks and an FBS team. A total of 8 vs 5 TD passes with 3 of the 8 coming against Iowa. It's not time to panic yet.

No_Skill
10-03-2016, 02:28 AM

Is it tackle eligible passes?

MNLonghorn10
10-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Sucks ndsu doesn't have the best front 7 in fcs and a home crowd for them to feed off of to get pressure on their qb.

ZHerd
10-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Sucks ndsu doesn't have the best front 7 in fcs and a home crowd for them to feed off of to get pressure on their qb.

Imagine how brutal watching our defense would be without that. Even with that, until the secondary gets it together, me thinks we will still get torched by good passing teams...regardless where we're playing.

BisoninNWMN
10-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Imagine how brutal watching our defense would be without that. Even with that, until the secondary gets it together, me thinks we will still get torched by good passing teams...regardless where we're playing.

The defense and secondary improved as the season went along last year, there is no reason for any of us to believe they cannot improve again.....they are. Growing pains with young guys.

tjbison
10-03-2016, 11:45 AM

We played the best passing team in FCS and still won, people act like our schedule has been easy

4-0 against top 25 teams

ZHerd
10-03-2016, 12:10 PM
We played the best passing team in FCS and still won, people act like our schedule has been easy

4-0 against top 25 teams

That has nothing to do with anything I said

MNLonghorn10
10-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Yea I'd rather not have nightmares

GOBISON123
10-03-2016, 12:43 PM
The defense and secondary improved as the season went along last year, there is no reason for any of us to believe they cannot improve again.....they are. Growing pains with young guys.

Last year CJ was hurt and he was out for two games and then he returned. If Joe Klanderman had prepared our DBs during the off season we wouldn't be worried about this for 2nd year in a row.

wagsabison
10-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Last year CJ was hurt and he was out for two games and then he returned. If Joe Klanderman had prepared our DBs during the off season we wouldn't be worried about this for 2nd year in a row.

Game reps are difficult to replicate during the off-season.

StL Bison Fan
10-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Watched part of the game in the restruant at the stl hilton. They were wearing white. I enjoyed my meal.

Highlight of trip? Met the owners of Imo's Pizza at wedding. Yes, he brought some along.

Bison 4 Life
10-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Watched part of the game in the restruant at the stl hilton. They were wearing white. I enjoyed my meal.

Highlight of trip? Met the owners of Imo's Pizza at wedding. Yes, he brought some along.

I thought about that briefly when when they came out. I'm sure it's more a function of the home record but I have so much confidence when the other team wears all white.

THEsocalledfan
10-03-2016, 02:27 PM
I am still kind of shocked by the Spack presser before the game; it was pretty clear to me he knew his team was not very good, but to say it publicly? That was odd.....

THEsocalledfan
10-03-2016, 02:29 PM
BTW, I am hoping we get this secondary stuff behind us. At some point, we will have to shut down a passing offense to win. SDSU is my main worry; they have two guys catching the ball who will play on Sunday and their defense was finally better.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2016, 02:33 PM
BTW, I am hoping we get this secondary stuff behind us. At some point, we will have to shut down a passing offense to win. SDSU is my main worry; they have two guys catching the ball who will play on Sunday and their defense was finally better.
Meh... better in terms of points allowed but they still gave up nearly 200 yards on the ground at over a 6 ypc average. That game is going to be a shootout, prepare yourself now. But I have more confidence in a dominant ground game than a dominant pass game especially at home.

Nel360
10-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Sooner or later the weather turns. Would you rather have a good passing attack or running attack when the calendar turns to December? They only get to play in the dome once in the playoffs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
10-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Meh... better in terms of points allowed but they still gave up nearly 200 yards on the ground at over a 6 ypc average. That game is going to be a shootout, prepare yourself now. But I have more confidence in a dominant ground game than a dominant pass game especially at home.

Dallas Goedert is the real deal at TE; I have a feeling he is even more of a pro player then Wieneke. Not having Deluca will be an issue for that game.

Bison03
10-03-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm sick of people complaining about our punting. First of all, Ben Lecompte was an amazing punter. Hell, he was in an NFL camp this fall. It's unfair to judge Koonce by that standard. Same thing happened after Drago. Second of all, his punting has not been a awful as some people think. Sure, his average is only 34 yards. But of the 21 punts he has had; 14 have been fair caught, 6 have been inside the 20, and he has only had 1 returned for 4 yards!! Sure, I wish he would would boom it farther, but what's the point of a 60 yard punt if it's returned 40 yards?! By comparison, last year LeCompte averaged 46 yards. So lets all calm down a bit a find something else to complain about a #1 ranked 4-0 football team.

SDbison
10-03-2016, 03:14 PM
BTW, I am hoping we get this secondary stuff behind us. At some point, we will have to shut down a passing offense to win. SDSU is my main worry; they have two guys catching the ball who will play on Sunday and their defense was finally better. Have to remember, this will be SDSU's superbowl. The butt hurt is very strong in Brookings. I think when they lose another to the Bison they will just implode. Likely every day SDSU players stand in front of a mirror and try to talk themselves into believing they are good enough to beat NDSU. As for Stiggy, he probably confiscated players hunting and fishing licenses until there is a victory against the Bison.

Bisonator98
10-03-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm sick of people complaining about our punting. First of all, Ben Lecompte was an amazing punter. Hell, he was in an NFL camp this fall. It's unfair to judge Koonce by that standard. Same thing happened after Drago. Second of all, his punting has not been a awful as some people think. Sure, his average is only 34 yards. But of the 21 punts he has had; 14 have been fair caught, 6 have been inside the 20, and he has only had 1 returned for 4 yards!! Sure, I wish he would would boom it farther, but what's the point of a 60 yard punt if it's returned 40 yards?! By comparison, last year LeCompte averaged 46 yards. So lets all calm down a bit a find something else to complain about a #1 ranked 4-0 football team.

Because at some point we will need him to flip the field and a fricking 35 yard punt aint going to get it done. Not sure why he can't get another 5-10 yards out of it. Our coverage has been down there way before the ball on just about every punt. And does he know how to directional punt it? Every one seems to be right down the middle of the field. I sure hope the coaching staff is at least looking at a scholly punter next year.

Bison 4 Life
10-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Because at some point we will need him to flip the field and a fricking 35 yard punt aint going to get it done. Not sure why he can't get another 5-10 yards out of it. Our coverage has been down there way before the ball on just about every punt. And does he know how to directional punt it? Every one seems to be right down the middle of the field. I sure hope the coaching staff is at least looking at a scholly punter next year.

Hell, rugby style punts have been pretty effective at killing returns, why can't we find someone who can do that?

Bison03
10-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Really??!! If he kicked it 5-10 yards more, everything will be fine. Come one. I'll take a decent punt and a fair catch any time. A 40 yard punt with a fair catch and 0 return yards is better then a 50 yard punt and a 20 yard return.

Bisonator98
10-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Really??!! If he kicked it 5-10 yards more, everything will be fine. Come one. I'll take a decent punt and a fair catch any time. A 40 yard punt with a fair catch and 0 return yards is better then a 50 yard punt and a 20 yard return.

Obviously. But why does it have to be one or the other? Our coverage teams have never been bad. They are beating the punt down field by a good second. Why not get some more distance out of the punts?

ndsubison1
10-03-2016, 05:26 PM

4-0 against top 25 teams

Toughest schedule ever? 4 game stretch of SDSU, @WIU, @UNI, vs YSU is brutal

1998braves64
10-03-2016, 05:49 PM

I think as already said, our coverage team is sitting there staring the returner in the face for seems a full second many times. He needs to find a bit more distance which may sacrifice a bit of height and hang time that are also crucial. If he can go 5-10 yards more and only lose ~1/2 second (because the other 1/2 second would be needed to get the coverage guys to cover the extra 5-10 yards) of hang time great I'd be happy. That said the past couple of games seems he's been getting significantly more hang time so hopefully next he starts working on extending his distance a few yards. It seems very obvious at this point that he could only punt a 50-60 yarder if somehow the returner let it bounce and he got a good 20 yard bounce out of the deal.

That said I agree so far we're fortunate that we have not NEEDED the field flipped other than a 2-3 times so far. Once in CSU game it was a huge issue as we were deep in our own territory and I think it ended up on our 45 or something close to midfield. That leaves a pretty short field for the opponent and more pressure on the defense.

slips
10-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Koonce has seemed to improve as the season has went on slowly but surely. He had one punt on Saturday that I would classify as not good but most of his punts were punting with a short field hurting his average. I will take a 40 yard punt with no return any day. I think the best we can hope for out of him is another 5 yards with the hangtime and I believe he has it in him. Everyone just needs to get over the fact and get it out of their head that he is going to boom it 55-60 yards like LeCompe. It's just not going to happen! If we lose a game because he could not flip the field trust me the Bison would have bigger issues for that game than the punter. What concerns me more is when Cam only kicks it to the 10 yard line on kickoffs.

Mr Meaty
10-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Koonce has seemed to improve as the season has went on slowly but surely. He had one punt on Saturday that I would classify as not good but most of his punts were punting with a short field hurting his average. I will take a 40 yard punt with no return any day. I think the best we can hope for our of him is another 5 yards with the hangtime and I believe he has it in him. Everyone just needs to get over the fact and get it out of their head that he is going to boom it 55-60 yards like LeCompe. It's just not going to happen! If we lose a game because he could not flip the field trust me the Bison would have bigger issues for that game than the punter. What concerns me more is when Cam only kicks it to the 10 yard line on kickoffs.

Jackson kicked off a couple of time Saturday as well. Not sure why but he did.

bisonaudit
10-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Speaking of kickoffs. Apparently the NCAA is using the Ivy League conference schedule this season to experiment with moving the kickoff up to the 40 and the touchback back to the 20.

tony
10-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Really great to see Levi Jordheim back on the field!

BisoninNWMN
10-03-2016, 08:00 PM

Bring them all on!!!

Hammerhead
10-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Speaking of kickoffs. Apparently the NCAA is using the Ivy League conference schedule this season to experiment with moving the kickoff up to the 40 and the touchback back to the 20.

Isn't that where it used to be several years ago?

CaBisonFan
10-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Easton Stick crossed a new threshold against ISU. His passing has improved...along with his presence on the field.

bisonaudit
10-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Isn't that where it used to be several years ago?

Prior to the current rule the kickoff spot was the 30 with touchbacks to the 20.

Bison20
10-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Koonce has not been a good punter. He kicks it way to high and short and even on pooch kicks they only end up around the 15-20 yard line. Only once I can remember him pinning it deep and that was Iowa. Get a good punter and cut him loose after the season

tjbison
10-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Koonce has not been a good punter. He kicks it way to high and short and even on pooch kicks they only end up around the 15-20 yard line. Only once I can remember him pinning it deep and that was Iowa. Get a good punter and cut him loose after the season

We are in the NFL now and just Cut players??

Bison 4 Life
10-03-2016, 10:07 PM
We are in the NFL now and just Cut players??

Well we just move on. Barneson, Gallagher, etc.

1993bison
10-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Coach K seemed to be ok with where we are at punting wise in today's presser. Essentially no returns. He knows how to build confidence. Go back and see what was said about Cam last year.

Bison20
10-04-2016, 02:05 AM
Coach K seemed to be ok with where we are at punting wise in today's presser. Essentially no returns. He knows how to build confidence. Go back and see what was said about Cam last year.

Koonce isn't a good punter and on top of it he is a junior. Cam was only a true freshman last year and had a few years to improve. Koonce can't flip the field and could be a liability in a close game where field position matters. Sign a good punter and move on after the season

scottietohottie
10-04-2016, 02:10 AM

Meh we are 4-0 and haven't even broke out the harvest helmets and gold jerseys yet.

ndsubison1
10-04-2016, 02:28 AM

So in other words we'll be getting rid of kickoffs down the road

HerdBoy
10-04-2016, 03:01 AM
Secondary needs to improve.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/153483370_zpsevzs8znf.jpg

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-04-2016, 03:38 AM

It was rather frustrating to see the offense work their asses off there in the 4th quarter to get down in chip shot FG range and have Cam miss it. Was a big grimace from Stick on that missed FG.

ZHerd
10-04-2016, 04:02 AM
It was rather frustrating to see the offense work their asses off there in the 4th quarter to get down in chip shot FG range and have Cam miss it. Was a big grimace from Stick on that missed FG.

I'll happily give Cam a pass. He has drilled BIG TIME field goals this year, and from the championship game to now has been a reliable, solid kicker

56BISON73
10-04-2016, 05:04 AM

Really? You really think Coach K is going to throw a player under the bus? Hard for a team to return the ball when he doesnt kick it past30- 40 yards. Plus when you are punting from the 40 or 50 his effective range is perfect for that scenario. But he has yet to turn the field over when that opportunity presented itself which then put the opposing team in good field position.

56BISON73
10-04-2016, 05:09 AM

How was the snap?

bisonaudit
10-04-2016, 01:53 PM

Then they should put the ball in the endzone and people should stop scapegoating kickers when the only reason they're on the field in the first place is the collective failure of others.

coloradobison
10-04-2016, 01:57 PM
How was the snap?

wasn't the worst of them. it was a little into Davis' feet but he got it down pretty well.

bisonmike2
10-04-2016, 04:54 PM
How was the snap?

Speaking of which, anyone else notice that a good number of snaps from the shotgun tend to be high. Does Kunnert realize he's not snapping it to a 6'6'' QB anymore?

1998braves64
10-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Speaking of which, anyone else notice that a good number of snaps from the shotgun tend to be high. Does Kunnert realize he's not snapping it to a 6'6'' QB anymore?

I think most of the high ones came when he was out for the 2 games and they had the back up in. (I get you're doing purple) Since he's back I've seen less. But guessing most people would take a little too high over a little too low because then you start having to look down or crouch down. But I never was a QB so what would I know.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-04-2016, 08:20 PM

Yep, very noticeable. I figured once he had a game in that would stop, but they're still being delivered high.

DakotaOkie
10-04-2016, 11:59 PM
Yep, very noticeable. I figured once he had a game in that would stop, but they're still being delivered high.

My observation from the Iowa game was the high snaps were pure adrenalin. IIRC, the one that went over Stick's head had Kunnert with an intense block off to the left. My guess is that play was going to be a QB run up the middle. Same with other high snaps, it looked like he was so ready to jam someone that the snaps sailed a bit. Even against ISU-r a few sailed high with a similar look.

56BISON73
10-05-2016, 12:27 AM
My observation from the Iowa game was the high snaps were pure adrenalin. IIRC, the one that went over Stick's head had Kunnert with an intense block off to the left. My guess is that play was going to be a QB run up the middle. Same with other high snaps, it looked like he was so ready to jam someone that the snaps sailed a bit. Even against ISU-r a few sailed high with a similar look.

He had quite a few high snaps that game as well as the ISU-R game. His FIRST responsibility is to get the ball to the QB. He REALLY needs to work on that as there is no excuse for a bad snap.

mtoutfitter
10-05-2016, 04:01 AM
After watching Kocour in the last game it REALLY makes me wish he would have made a different choice on who he played for!!

Son of a Bison
10-05-2016, 01:45 PM
After watching Kocour in the last game it REALLY makes me wish he would have made a different choice on who he played for!!

A few times his run support reminded me of our former SS Heagle. Read run. Hit. Down.

Vet70
10-05-2016, 02:10 PM

He was great---I wonder if he wishes he had made a different choice.

X-Factor
10-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Dallas Goedert is the real deal at TE; I have a feeling he is even more of a pro player then Wieneke. Not having Deluca will be an issue for that game.

Yes. I'd have to agree on not having Deluca. IMO DeLuca shuts him down. I don't think we have someone else that can do the same. Plank is certainly not the answer in that situation. Hopefully they all collectively pick it up a notch in the next two weeks.

Bisonator98
10-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Yes. I'd have to agree on not having Deluca. IMO DeLuca shuts him down. I don't think we have someone else that can do the same. Plank is certainly not the answer in that situation. Hopefully they all collectively pick it up a notch in the next two weeks.

Stumpf will stick to him like glue.

scottietohottie
10-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Stumpf will stick to him like glue.

He will at least lower the boom on him.

BisonFanAnn
10-06-2016, 06:38 PM
I don't think I saw a comment about the noise level (or I missed it).

How was it? Did Bison Nation rise to the challenge, and yell Spack's ears off in the first half?

MrSnuffleupagus
10-06-2016, 06:56 PM

How was it? Did Bison Nation rise to the challenge, and yell Spack's ears off in the first half?

Well ask any other team and of course the answer is always "it wasn't an issue." But we all know why they say that.

EC8CH
10-06-2016, 08:53 PM

I always think Homecoming crowds are kind of lame. Sitting in section 19 for the first time was an eye opening experience. Room for LOTS of improvement there.