PDA

View Full Version : Running Backs

tony
09-22-2016, 08:26 PM
Dunn is better.
Bruce is still developing.
King picked up where he left off in the playoffs - he is getting a lot of yards after contact despite a couple iffy decisions against EWU.
Morlock - keep catching TDs, man!

Watched the ESPN2 replay and they were raving about Brock Robbins blocking technique too.

Professor Chaos
09-22-2016, 08:33 PM
Dunn: 37 carries, 239 yards (6.5 ypc), 2 TDs
Frazier: 37 carries, 217 yards (5.9 ypc), 3 TDs
Anderson: 15 carries, 80 yards (5.3 ypc), 0 TDs

Add that up and you've got 89 carries, 536 yards (6.0 ypc), 5 TDs. Keep that pace up over a 15 game season and you're looking at 445 carries, 2680 yards, and 25 TDs.

I'd say the RB by committee approach is working just fine.

ndsubison1
09-23-2016, 06:24 AM
King gets so close to breaking big runs, could've had a few more. Dunn is improved. Still needs to work on his vision. Tends to bounce it outside too much

wagsabison
09-23-2016, 12:23 PM
We have 3 guys that could easily carry the load alone if needed. I'm surprised by the lack of touches for Anderson but I think that has a lot to do with the emergence of Dunn and he seems like he's getting more passes thrown to him. Chase just does it all!

EC8CH
09-23-2016, 12:33 PM
Know what's great about the RB by committee approach? Continuation of experienced players year after year with little drop off due to graduations. This year we have two veteran backs and next year we'll have the same thing again.

Bison Bridge Guy
09-23-2016, 12:36 PM
We have 3 guys that could easily carry the load alone if needed. I'm surprised by the lack of touches for Anderson but I think that has a lot to do with the emergence of Dunn and he seems like he's getting more passes thrown to him. Chase just does it all!

I've also heard Klieman note in an interview earlier this season that Bruce isn't quite where the others are from a pass protection standpoint, so he's not on the field as much as the others. So if a pass gets changed to a run at the line, it isn't going to Bruce.

Gully
09-23-2016, 12:45 PM
I really liked the pass to Bruce where he was lined up as a wide out (I think) and he just put his head down and ran over the DB. Good stuff.

Bison03
09-23-2016, 02:51 PM
Isn't Bruce dealing with a minor injury as well?

Mr Meaty
09-23-2016, 02:57 PM
Next year with Demaris Purifoy into the fold, we will be loaded again at RB.

Mr. Burgundy
09-23-2016, 03:18 PM
Cofield is the real deal. Current redshirt. Explosive and will be great in the passing game.

tolnabison
09-23-2016, 04:25 PM
Cofield is the real deal. Current redshirt. Explosive and will be great in the passing game.

I know typically we have an RB recruit in every class, but do you think this year we will use a scholarship elsewhere with the youth we have at RB? Dunn and Anderson will be juniors, Purifoy and Brooks will be Sophomores, and Colfield a Redshirt-Freshman next year? Just seems like we have the depth to take a year off.

ndsubison1
09-23-2016, 04:29 PM

Saving Anderson for conference play?

MAKBison
09-23-2016, 04:39 PM
Saving Anderson for conference play?

They are not saving him....he just needs to learn the game better. He by far has the most talent, but also has the most to learn. Once he puts his game together he will be the best back to come through ndsu. He has a lot of work to do!

I just hope he is willing to put in the work verses rely on all that natural talent.....like I said could be very special

IzzyFlexion
09-23-2016, 09:15 PM
Has Purifoy been on the field for special teams at all?
I haven't seen him out there.

MAKBison
09-23-2016, 10:35 PM

Was wondering the same....is he hurt

Twincitybizon
09-23-2016, 10:53 PM

I think it'd be great to see him worked into punt returns.

Bison20
09-23-2016, 11:16 PM
Was wondering the same....is he hurt

He was hurt right before the season but haven't heard anything since. Initially I thought they mentioned he could miss first couple of games

GOBISON123
09-24-2016, 12:51 AM
They are not saving him....he just needs to learn the game better. He by far has the most talent, but also has the most to learn. Once he puts his game together he will be the best back to come through ndsu. He has a lot of work to do!

I just hope he is willing to put in the work verses rely on all that natural talent.....like I said could be very special

On the stats sheet and in audience eyes his output is much better than any of the active RBs. I dont know what you mean by he should learn the game better.

CAS4127
09-24-2016, 12:54 AM
On the stats sheet and in audience eyes his output is much better than any of the active RBs. I dont know what you mean by he should learn the game better.

He isn't "all in" at practices is what I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone.

MAKBison
09-24-2016, 12:57 AM

OK, I have an assignment for you go back and watch the games.....note how CM runs outside verses how BA runs the outside. Don't look at total yards look at how they use their teammates.

Also, look at the inside runs note how KF understands and knows where to go based on the scheme's weaknesses and strengths verses BA relying on just his instinct.

There is more to running a ball than just running the ball. Once BA learns that we will see him rack up more yards then he does now. Plus the Coaches said that they have challenged him to work harder at practice. Dont misunderstand what I am saying. Kid is good and seems to have the natural ability to be the best. He just has to put in the time

MAKBison
09-24-2016, 01:05 AM
He isn't "all in" at practices is what I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone.

What makes this team what it is are the kids being all in!

Alsen
09-24-2016, 02:16 AM
Ya, I think we need to be prioritizing CB in our scholarships and recruiting. We are blessed and loaded at RB. Bruce is going to be an All-American next year if he stays healthy.