PDA

View Full Version : So what did you think of Iowa City?

mebisonII
09-19-2016, 06:11 PM
I'm sure this is scattered through-out the hundreds of other pages, but I haven't read all of those. As a former Iowa City resident, I'm curious how you all found the city, atmosphere, etc? Where does it rank in the list of away-game experiences?

Highlights and lowlights from around town? Favorite restaurants, bars, port-a-potties?

MNLonghorn10
09-19-2016, 06:18 PM
I liked college street in down town. would be fun place to go pre/post game to hang out on nice fall days. the walk back there sucked but whatever. do what you gotta do. They make their drinks strong, unlike places in Ames.

Stadium was whatever, nice, not ZOMG...always thought the Childrens hospital and water tower over looking it(our seats didnt face the water tower but I know about it) were unique looks and gives it it's own little character. Glad our seats had nobody in front of us, Im 6'4 and have sat @ Nebraskas Memorial stadium...not comfortable at all, and Iowas is just the same.

Tailgating was a huge fizzle. not that I didnt have fun...but i was expecting house parties, music, invites........and all we got was families, parking lots in yards and small gatherings. Ended up in the donors with our group of NDSU fans. Plenty of Iowa fans came up and talked who were nice...including the guy who lives in Fargo and went to UI. nice guy.

Shitters were being cleaned up during tailgate from last weeks game. So that smelled lovely, well done Iowa.

Sushi restaurant inside the hotelVetro was money. Brothers was packed with NDSU fans on Saturday night...cool vibe with it being out doors...Drive home felt shorter due to the win, so that helped.

Id rank the experience as a whole:

Colorado St
Kansas St/Iowa
Iowa St
Minnesota
Kansas

BisonAccountant44
09-19-2016, 06:23 PM
Manhattan>Ames>Iowa City.

I didn't make it to Kansas or Colorado St. and I'm not including Minneapolis because we did it 3 times and I'm here everyday.

NDSUstudent
09-19-2016, 06:34 PM
Downtown was cool, I liked the ped mall. I wish Fargo had something like that, we went there right after the game and had some food and drinks outside. We hit up the Airliner on Friday night, had some solid food(nachos were great) and it was a cool college bar. Had breakfast at the Hamburg Inn on gameday, it was really good.

Like I said in the other thread, Iowa fans were great. Lots of good talk before the game and compliments after, they took the loss well.

Tailgating was interesting but with that said I hate everything about 11 am games, I'd guess it is a bit more lively for later games and I bet a night game is really cool.

Stadium was solid, it was a bit tight though. At times I felt like I was in a mosh pit when the Bison scored or did something big. It was a pain whenever somebody tried to get to and from their seats. But most of those bigger college stadiums just pack people in so I expected it. It was a great setting for a college football game, probably my favorite.

Christopher Moen
09-19-2016, 06:58 PM
Downtown was cool, I liked the ped mall. I wish Fargo had something like that, we went there right after the game and had some food and drinks outside. We hit up the Airliner on Friday night, had some solid food(nachos were great) and it was a cool college bar. Had breakfast at the Hamburg Inn on gameday, it was really good.

Like I said in the other thread, Iowa fans were great. Lots of good talk before the game and compliments after, they took the loss well.

Tailgating was interesting but with that said I hate everything about 11 am games, I'd guess it is a bit more lively for later games and I bet a night game is really cool.

Stadium was solid, it was a bit tight though. At times I felt like I was in a mosh pit when the Bison scored or did something big. It was a pain whenever somebody tried to get to and from their seats. But most of those bigger college stadiums just pack people in so I expected it. It was a great setting for a college football game, probably my favorite.

I find it absolutely amazing that they can fit about the same amount of people as they do at Mile High (I was at both this weekend). I was surprised though that the crowd wasn't loud and apparently that's the norm. Between being a Bison and Broncos fan, I'm used to loud crowds.

BISONBRI53
09-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Ped mall was cool. Brothers was cool and turned in to a Bison bar. Joseph's steak place was amazing. Our hotel sucked. Hawkeye express was cool. Stadium was cool. Fondue says ehhhh!

grizlandbisonfan
09-19-2016, 07:31 PM
Maybe I didn't do it right, but I thought Kinnick was a dump. Several hours before the game the porta-johns were a mess and you couldn't find a garbage can anywhere. Concourses were way too small for the crowd (maybe herdbot can do some research into whether they can remove the columns in the walkway of the concourse) and they were running out of water in the 3rd quarter. Yes, the view outside the lidless stadium was cool, but otherwise the facility was Iowa-bland.

As per the tailgate scene, the food vendors were ok, but the parking lots around the stadium were beyond underwhelming.

StL Bison Fan
09-19-2016, 08:12 PM
The high school tailgate lot was full by 6:15. No shuttles as advertised. Maybe 10-12 portas.
We miss Sherri
But we make our own fun and had a great time.

Bison03
09-19-2016, 09:17 PM
The high school tailgate lot was full by 6:15. No shuttles as advertised. Maybe 10-12 portas.
We miss Sherri
But we make our own fun and had a great time.
They eventually opened up the big lot on the other side of the school. We found a spot to park there at like 7:45. As far as the town, people were great, fans at the game were great as well. Ticket takers welcomed us as did most fans. Even after the game, fans congratulated us and our team. They were impressed with our team. They were more impressed with how well traveled, loud, and passionate our fan base was. Ate at Red's Alehouse which was a hidden gem with great food and drinks. Kennik was every bit of a big time Big 10 stadium atmosphere as I expected. Great trip.

td577
09-19-2016, 09:26 PM
I didn't get to go down there this past weekend but I have made many trips to Iowa City for other reasons. It is a college town and if I had visited it as a 18 year old, I would have strongly considered going to school there. The way it ended up, my decisions in life led me to NDSU and I wouldn't change anything.

KilldeerBison
09-19-2016, 09:42 PM
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/a0d466b5-baf1-460c-a119-a01c96fac7e2_zpslk9g8bru.png (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/phedger/media/a0d466b5-baf1-460c-a119-a01c96fac7e2_zpslk9g8bru.png.html)

We stayed at the Comfort Suites, Coralville. Was surprised to see the UNI Dome a block from our motel, it looked nicer than I had imagined though.

CyPanth
09-20-2016, 01:11 AM
I liked college street in down town. would be fun place to go pre/post game to hang out on nice fall days. the walk back there sucked but whatever. do what you gotta do. They make their drinks strong, unlike places in Ames.

Stadium was whatever, nice, not ZOMG...always thought the Childrens hospital and water tower over looking it(our seats didnt face the water tower but I know about it) were unique looks and gives it it's own little character. Glad our seats had nobody in front of us, Im 6'4 and have sat @ Nebraskas Memorial stadium...not comfortable at all, and Iowas is just the same.

Tailgating was a huge fizzle. not that I didnt have fun...but i was expecting house parties, music, invites........and all we got was families, parking lots in yards and small gatherings. Ended up in the donors with our group of NDSU fans. Plenty of Iowa fans came up and talked who were nice...including the guy who lives in Fargo and went to UI. nice guy.

Shitters were being cleaned up during tailgate from last weeks game. So that smelled lovely, well done Iowa.

Sushi restaurant inside the hotelVetro was money. Brothers was packed with NDSU fans on Saturday night...cool vibe with it being out doors...Drive home felt shorter due to the win, so that helped.

Id rank the experience as a whole:

Colorado St
Kansas St/Iowa
Iowa St
Minnesota
Kansas

Sorry the house parties weren't better. I've only seen them for the Iowa State game . . . later in the day . . . and a pretty crazy scene.

Pumping out the portapotties during the tailgates. That's a new one. I'd like to think that I made a significant contribution to your discomfort!

CyPanth
09-20-2016, 01:13 AM
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/a0d466b5-baf1-460c-a119-a01c96fac7e2_zpslk9g8bru.png (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/phedger/media/a0d466b5-baf1-460c-a119-a01c96fac7e2_zpslk9g8bru.png.html)

We stayed at the Comfort Suites, Coralville. Was surprised to see the UNI Dome a block from our motel, it looked nicer than I had imagined though.

Makes sense. Your vision must have been affected by how much you guys got your heads knocked around the last time in Cedar Falls.

Bisonwinagn
09-20-2016, 03:23 AM
Downtown Iowa City was great and a nice walkable area. Iowa fans were awesome and had nothing but good things to say both Friday night and after the game. Lot's of big house parties down Melrose looked like college kids or frats, but lot's of hot chicks that's for sure. Great seats even in the 73rd row.
The only thing that really sucked was Sprint service. I had almost no phone all weekend.

EndZoneQB
09-20-2016, 04:34 PM
Manhattan>Ames>Iowa City.

I didn't make it to Kansas or Colorado St. and I'm not including Minneapolis because we did it 3 times and I'm here everyday.

How is Ames>Iowa City? The city of Ames blows ass compared to either Manhattan or IC. If we are talking about tailgating, fine, ISU has a way better scene than Iowa. Ames is one of the worst P5 college town I've been to...just seemed very ho-hum.

Downtown Iowa City was great and a nice walkable area. Iowa fans were awesome and had nothing but good things to say both Friday night and after the game. Lot's of big house parties down Melrose looked like college kids or frats, but lot's of hot chicks that's for sure. Great seats even in the 73rd row.
The only thing that really sucked was Sprint service. I had almost no phone all weekend.

Wait, where did you see house parties with college kids? I only saw houses around the stadium with older people and young kids. We specifically brought shots to offer to people that looked like they could use one...and we literally found no one. Insanely underwhelmed with the tailgating scene.

Downtown was a different story. I loved the city...the atmosphere on the ped mall, etc. Just not really what I expected for Iowa.

IBleedYellow
09-20-2016, 04:58 PM
10 portajohns for NDSU tailgating was terrible.

Schools we are visiting just never understand how many people we will bring, I swear.

Green1
09-20-2016, 05:12 PM
10 portajohns for NDSU tailgating was terrible.

Schools we are visiting just never understand how many people we will bring, I swear.

This^

Make sure to put them all in one spot so that people tailgating behind the school had a quarter mile walk to use one. :facepalm: Lots of bushes got watered at that school.

BiZon22
09-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Didn't get to enjoy the actual city much as I stayed in Cedar Falls friday and Minneapolis Saturday but the stadium was actually quite underwhelming and disappointing. I was really hoping for a loud fun college atmosphere but left disappointed. Tailgating scene was cool and definitely unique. Stadium architecture was neat. Loved the brick arches underneath the stands. As far overall environment of Kinnick it was equal to Iowa State in my opinion. Iowa City seemed like 100x the town of Ames however.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

thundarsdaddy
09-20-2016, 05:41 PM

hahahahaha. this is priceless

mebisonII
09-20-2016, 06:10 PM
How is Ames>Iowa City? The city of Ames blows ass compared to either Manhattan or IC. If we are talking about tailgating, fine, ISU has a way better scene than Iowa. Ames is one of the worst P5 college town I've been to...just seemed very ho-hum.

Wait, where did you see house parties with college kids? I only saw houses around the stadium with older people and young kids. We specifically brought shots to offer to people that looked like they could use one...and we literally found no one. Insanely underwhelmed with the tailgating scene.

Downtown was a different story. I loved the city...the atmosphere on the ped mall, etc. Just not really what I expected for Iowa.

If someone was looking for student house parties, they'd be far more likely on the other side of the river, such as down Dodge Street. That's much more the undergrad side of down, while the Kinnick side of the river is more grad students, medical students, residents, and faculty types, with some exceptions, obviously.

Glad that folks generally enjoyed the trip. Its been a nice little nostalgia trip for me to hear the stories!

BisonAccountant44
09-20-2016, 06:31 PM

Tailgating and the entire atmosphere around the game had a lot to do with it. Ames>>>>>>Iowa City in that area. As for the rest of the weekend, I'll give you everything we went to in both Coralville on Friday night and downtown IC on Saturday night was much nicer, newer, more metropolitan feeling than anything Ames had. That's not what I wanted out of the weekend though.

Brothers? Yay chain college club that when I was in my 20's I only went to so I could do too many $1 jag bombs and find a random....outgrew that a few years ago and if I really wanted to I could go there any day of the week here. We had a really nice dinner at Graze and walked around the downtown, checked out a few of the other bars and there's no denying that it's a nice area. I'd rather go to the Turf and Chubs like places that are unique to that campus and town like we did in Ames than the ped mall stuff in Iowa City when I'm in a new college town for a college football game.

Now, if you asked me which area would I rather live in and go to on a random weekend for probably any other occasion then downtown Iowa City beats Ames hands down, but for my one night in town for a football game, the ped mall isn't what I'm looking for. It's an experience I can get here anytime.

Christopher Moen
09-20-2016, 07:44 PM
Didn't get to enjoy the actual city much as I stayed in Cedar Falls friday and Minneapolis Saturday but the stadium was actually quite underwhelming and disappointing. I was really hoping for a loud fun college atmosphere but left disappointed. Tailgating scene was cool and definitely unique. Stadium architecture was neat. Loved the brick arches underneath the stands. As far overall environment of Kinnick it was equal to Iowa State in my opinion. Iowa City seemed like 100x the town of Ames however.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

They could spell heavily-voweled words pretty loud.

MNLonghorn10
09-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Tailgating and the entire atmosphere around the game had a lot to do with it. Ames>>>>>>Iowa City in that area. As for the rest of the weekend, I'll give you everything we went to in both Coralville on Friday night and downtown IC on Saturday night was much nicer, newer, more metropolitan feeling than anything Ames had. That's not what I wanted out of the weekend though.

Brothers? Yay chain college club that when I was in my 20's I only went to so I could do too many $1 jag bombs and find a random....outgrew that a few years ago and if I really wanted to I could go there any day of the week here. We had a really nice dinner at Graze and walked around the downtown, checked out a few of the other bars and there's no denying that it's a nice area. I'd rather go to the Turf and Chubs like places that are unique to that campus and town like we did in Ames than the ped mall stuff in Iowa City when I'm in a new college town for a college football game.

Now, if you asked me which area would I rather live in and go to on a random weekend for probably any other occasion then downtown Iowa City beats Ames hands down, but for my one night in town for a football game, the ped mall isn't what I'm looking for. It's an experience I can get here anytime.

What did the atmosphere at ISU do to become greater than Iowa? Ive been to Jack Trice as an NDSU and Texas fan...the atmosphere is dull. We're in agreement that the tailgating was significantly because it was lots around the stadium. Iowas gameday atmosphere was also dull. They also had a lot more on the line being #13 and the butt clenching factor after they breezed through their first 2 games..this was unchartered territory with them.

Brothers didn't stand out, but it played loud music, was out doors and from what I remember, cheap drinks. filled with Bison fans post game. Who cares if you went there in your 20s and outgrew it, or can go there at any given notice...the majority of us don't live in Minneapolis on this board.

Donnellys and Saloon on the ped mall were what they were. pit stops along the way in the bar hop...places like the turf and chubs are secluded by themselves and are the only stops of the night unless you want to hail a cab and go some place else secluded.

Ames had their ISU bars on Welch street IIRC, but I got more sober as the night went on due to lack of booze in their drinks.

Bisonwinagn
09-21-2016, 03:27 AM
House parties I saw were off the main street down Melrose ct and Myrtle Ave. The walkable downtown was awesome so I didn't have to drive anywhere, and I could check out multiple places. Not a fan of sitting in one bar all night.

Jables77
09-21-2016, 05:00 AM
Downtown was great. Lots of great restaurants and bars. I was in Mickeys, Sports Column, Saloon, and Brothers. The band came into Sports Column on Friday night and tried to shut down the chanting Bison fans. We had to endure about 6 songs as band members stood on top of tables. They amazingly had a beer special for any day during your birthday week. 20 pitchers of Keystone Light for $30. haha
The stadium was a typical Big Ten stadium. I think it may have been not as loud as normal since the Bison were spoiling the day.
The tailgate at the high school was odd, but I had fun. I made it into the lot at right about 6:00. The porta situation was very annoying. I spent some quality party time standing in line.
The shuttle situation was a disaster. The pick up spot was almost a mile north. The drop off spot was at least 3/4 of a mile from the stadium. If you do the math, it was easier just to walk straight to the stadium from the high school. I'm glad I did. I am confused as to why it was suggested to do that. I feel for anyone that did. I walked back after the game and arrived at the lot about 2:30ish. Some people showed up later at 4:00 that elected to use the shuttle. They stood in line for 45 mins and sat on a cramped bus barely inching along. Then a mile walk from the drop off, up hill to the high school. Yikes!

56BISON73
09-21-2016, 05:10 AM
Downtown was great. Lots of great restaurants and bars. I was in Mickeys, Sports Column, Saloon, and Brothers. The band came into Sports Column on Friday night and tried to shut down the chanting Bison fans. We had to endure about 6 songs as band members stood on top of tables. They amazingly had a beer special for any day during your birthday week. 20 pitchers of Keystone Light for $30. haha
The stadium was a typical Big Ten stadium. I think it may have been not as loud as normal since the Bison were spoiling the day.
The tailgate at the high school was odd, but I had fun. I made it into the lot at right about 6:00. The porta situation was very annoying. I spent some quality party time standing in line.
The shuttle situation was a disaster. The pick up spot was almost a mile north. The drop off spot was at least 3/4 of a mile from the stadium. If you do the math, it was easier just to walk straight to the stadium from the high school. I'm glad I did. I am confused as to why it was suggested to do that. I feel for anyone that did. I walked back after the game and arrived at the lot about 2:30ish. Some people showed up later at 4:00 that elected to use the shuttle. They stood in line for 45 mins and sat on a cramped bus barely inching along. Then a mile walk from the drop off, up hill to the high school. Yikes!

Two words--

The Hawkeye Express

Jables77
09-21-2016, 07:01 AM
Two words--

The Hawkeye Express

The train that comes nowhere near Bison tailgate lot..? Yeah, sounds good.

grizlandbisonfan
09-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Two words--

The Hawkeye Express

Did they get through all of the people on the Hawkeye express? The line was wrapped around melrose, across the bridge, and a block up the next street over to the west. I elected to get a ride up to the mall to pick up my vehicle and there was a whole hord of people walking up 1st Ave like they never got on the train (this was several hours after the game) and the train was parked. The train looked like a complete sh--show after the game.

THEsocalledfan
09-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Based on the tailgating experience, I need to rank it (for FBS games I've gone to):

1. Iowa St.
2. MN '06
3. MN '07
4. MN '11
5. K St.
6. Iowa

Mr Meaty
09-21-2016, 12:57 PM
Did they get through all of the people on the Hawkeye express? The line was wrapped around melrose, across the bridge, and a block up the next street over to the west. I elected to get a ride up to the mall to pick up my vehicle and there was a whole hord of people walking up 1st Ave like they never got on the train (this was several hours after the game) and the train was parked. The train looked like a complete sh--show after the game.

WE took the train both ways. First ride in the morning. By the time we got out of the stadium and to the end of the line was about an hour. We were in the line maybe another hour. It moved really fast. Only took two drinks to wait in line going back.

17>1
09-21-2016, 03:29 PM

We didn't even get into line until maybe 3:15 or 3:30 so I'm assuming since we got on okay that everyone else did. Saw PL, Tatanka, and others in line and chatted for a moment. We were in no hurry to get out of there so the wait was fine with us. We walked out of the stadium and towards the stairs that led down to the tracks and realized that the line was pretty long. We walked along the line to find the end and I was high fiving every Bison fan I could. When I saw people with children wearing Bison gear I told them "That's good parenting!". The line had plenty of Iowa fans and there were sections in the line that were soooooo quiet that I commented about it to my Dad. There'd be a couple of Bison fans surrounded by Iowa fans and I'd high five them and tell them my happiness level was at an 11, and I know everyone within earshot could hear me. It was fun times. The Hawkeye Express was awesome, glad we did it!

NDSUstudent
09-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Based on the tailgating experience, I need to rank it (for FBS games I've gone to):

1. Iowa St.
2. MN '06
3. MN '07
4. MN '11
5. K St.
6. Iowa

I would rank K-State and Iowa way above MN. Iowa State at #1 as far as tailgating.

HandoEX
09-21-2016, 04:29 PM
I would rank K-State and Iowa way above MN. Iowa State at #1 as far as tailgating.

Tailgating at KState looked awesome from the air conditioned front seat of my car. That was miserable heat amd humidity.

BisonAccountant44
09-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Tailgating at KState looked awesome from the air conditioned front seat of my car. That was miserable heat amd humidity.

That heat and humidity cost me $100. After the first hour or so I had sweat so much through my shirt that there was no way I was going into the game in it, and the only thing the bookstore had left in my size was a jersey. It was worth it though, we've never lost a game when I was wearing it.

THEsocalledfan
09-21-2016, 04:54 PM

I am kind of with hando. I had to put it down on the list both for the heat and the very long walk to the stadium.

NDSUstudent
09-21-2016, 05:22 PM
It was scorching hot at K-State but it was a legit collegiate tailgating scene. I also went to Aggieville before the game which added to the whole experience..The Metrodome is about as far away as you can get from that experience and even TCF sucks....tailgating at the state fair is fine but also kind of lame.

Sadly we can't play the schools I really want to experience for an NDSU game...Nebraska and Wisconsin.

BlueBisonRock
09-21-2016, 05:42 PM

We sat at the south side of the stadium talking to good friends from Springfield IL, Omaha, and Bismarck. Watched the line and were the last folks to go down the stairs. We had a nice ride and a long exit from the lot, then made our way to 30Hop for a bite to eat. Lot of Bison fans and a good meal. From there, onward and upward to the Med City. The Express worked well.

56BISON73
09-21-2016, 06:14 PM

I was in that line and it really didnt take long at all. The train holds 1000-1200 people.

56BISON73
09-21-2016, 06:21 PM
The train that comes nowhere near Bison tailgate lot..? Yeah, sounds good.

There were many many Bison fans that used the two tailgate lots by the Comfort Suites where the Hawkeye Express picks up fans.. There were 10-12 buses and trailers there Friday night alone. You didnt have to walk and you didnt have to take the shuttle which was a real shit show from what I understand. So yes it was good. But thanks for contributing.

80ALUM
09-21-2016, 07:05 PM
No issues with the Hawkeye Exspress. Worked well both ways for us. We went to a tailgate party some college students invited us to just off Melrose (nephew of friends we were with). It was in the driveway of a condo unit down a path that would be hard to find unless you knew where you were going. Many different groups were tailgating there and were very welcoming. It was fun to experience a different type of tailgating. Found it similar to the way we did it during college in the Dakota Field era.

Tony Almeida
09-22-2016, 07:24 AM
I'm glad we made the choice of tailgating at the high school after seeing the setup around the stadium which was nothing to brag about unless you live there I guess. Probably the worst tailgating experience so far for FBS games. I guess the 2+ mile (1.9 my ass) walk to the stadium and back didn't help especially after being fried like an egg for 3 hours... Comfort Inn Suites and the express train sounded like a good time but our group decided on the high school which I'm assuming was about the same except for the transportation to the stadium.

Jables77
09-22-2016, 10:14 AM
I'm glad we made the choice of tailgating at the high school after seeing the setup around the stadium which was nothing to brag about unless you live there I guess. Probably the worst tailgating experience so far for FBS games. I guess the 2+ mile (1.9 my ass) walk to the stadium and back didn't help especially after being fried like an egg for 3 hours... Comfort Inn Suites and the express train sounded like a good time but our group decided on the high school which I'm assuming was about the same except for the transportation to the stadium.

The sunburn on my face is amazing...I had to just stand in the shade during half time because I needed a sun break.

Jables77
09-22-2016, 10:16 AM
There were many many Bison fans that used the two tailgate lots by the Comfort Suites where the Hawkeye Express picks up fans.. There were 10-12 buses and trailers there Friday night alone. You didnt have to walk and you didnt have to take the shuttle which was a real shit show from what I understand. So yes it was good. But thanks for contributing.

I understand. I'm just referring to the tailgate at the high school which was good, minus the torture walk. I'm the one that commented on the shuttle fiasco as well. I mile to meet up with it, a mile walk after you were dropped off. All this after being crammed into a bus and creeping along overloaded streets. I'm ready to be back in Fargo.

17>1
09-22-2016, 02:24 PM
The sunburn on my face is amazing...I had to just stand in the shade during half time because I needed a sun break.

^This

We did the same thing. Sat in the north end zone for the first half, sure glad I wore a hat, but with the tight quarters and the sun we decided to bail and head south. Dad bought a hot dog at halftime and my buddies and I waited for him around the corner in the SW concourse next to the black and gold sheds, right by the student section. We had a beautiful breeze coming through there and the sun was basically at our back. We just stood there for the entire second half, I couldn't even handle sitting with my nerves status. We got to see all of the scoring in the first half at the north end, and everything except King's rushing TD at the south end in the second half. I know I've already mentioned how jacked up I was with my encouraging their fans to make some more noise when we were driving for our last TD, but I also went a little crazy when that FG went through. I've been joking with people and telling them I may have blacked out for a few minutes after that kick. I was yelling so loudly towards those students, not swearing, not telling them their team sucked, not trying to start anything at all, and 100% sober. I was just soooo exuberant and telling them everything I could about NDSU and how proud I was of them, popping my Bison shirt towards them, etc. Bunch of Iowa kids flipping me off and telling me to "F&*% Off!!!" Some cop comes up to me and tells me to settle down, tells me to back up, and then proceeds to tell me it's just a game. Butthurt Iowa fan/police officer. My dad tells me that he's never seen me get soooo excited at a Bison game. Well after hearing for about 4 or 5 years that we didn't stand a chance, it was David vs Goliath in my eyes, and it all came out of me at that very moment. Go Bison!

StL Bison Fan
09-22-2016, 02:45 PM
From twitter.

Tbt - Remember when the Iowa City police got complaint calls about #Bisonation celebrating the big win? ������������
TAILGATING...WEST HIGH PARKING LOT, @NDSU PEOPLE...LOUD AND DRINKING, CALLER HAS VIDEO AND PICS OF WHAT IS GOING ON iowa-city.org/icgov/apps/pol…

Bison 4 Life
09-22-2016, 03:31 PM
From twitter.

Tbt - Remember when the Iowa City police got complaint calls about #Bisonation celebrating the big win? ������������
TAILGATING...WEST HIGH PARKING LOT, @NDSU PEOPLE...LOUD AND DRINKING, CALLER HAS VIDEO AND PICS OF WHAT IS GOING ON iowa-city.org/icgov/apps/pol…

That was actually before the game 7:41 AM.

roadwarrior
09-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Loud? LOL, the Frisco Cruiser group wasn't even there!

StL Bison Fan
09-22-2016, 03:55 PM
That was actually before the game 7:41 AM.

Yes. We were thereand the police were prettty funny.
The school super told them we rented the lots and they laughed.

THEsocalledfan
09-22-2016, 04:09 PM
Loud? LOL, the Frisco Cruiser group wasn't even there!

Yep, I found them slumming with the Iowa high rollers. They are moving up in the world!

Bison 4 Life
09-22-2016, 04:14 PM
Yes. We were thereand the police were prettty funny.
The school super told them we rented the lots and they laughed.

I thought it super weird that we were drinking in a high school parking lot. I went to park and started at the back of the school, a busload of kids was either loading or unloading but when I tried to walk around the building with a cooler and a beer, it got weird. We quickly zipped around to the front.

wagsabison
09-22-2016, 04:36 PM
We stayed with some Iowa friends and they thought it was funny we rented the high school lot too. We traveled extremely well.

MNLonghorn10
09-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Yep, I found them slumming with the Iowa high rollers. They are moving up in the world!

actually we were signing autographs, taking pictures and giving seminars on how to throw a tailgate.

MNLonghorn10
09-22-2016, 04:46 PM

actually we were signing autographs, taking pictures and giving seminars on how to throw a tailgate.

go_bison
09-22-2016, 06:50 PM
From twitter.

Tbt - Remember when the Iowa City police got complaint calls about #Bisonation celebrating the big win? 😂😂😂🤘🎉🍻

Did this really happen ?? Who tweeted it ? Thats funny sh*t !

Bison Gal
09-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Did this really happen ?? Who tweeted it ? Thats funny sh*t !

I tweeted that....from Iowa City Police Log tweet. It did happen.....and is hysterical.

https://twitter.com/IC_ActivityLog/status/777240730464952320

go_bison
09-22-2016, 06:59 PM
I tweeted that....from Iowa City Police Log tweet. It did happen.....and is hysterical.

Thats awesome! I was there... but still drunk from the night before :/ Great tailgate... typical for Bison Nation!

EC8CH
09-23-2016, 04:29 AM

bwhahahahahahahahah :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl:

How do we get copies of those pics and videos???