PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern suspends 30+ FB players

natstar1
09-09-2016, 04:27 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/09/09/30-plus-charleston-southern-football-players-banned-in-bizarre-bookstore-violaton/

Apparently, the FB players used their book money to buy stuff like pencils, notebooks, etc. I guess this is strictly forbidden, but they were encouraged to spend all their money in the book store because they wouldn't get the money back.

Mayville Bison
09-09-2016, 07:59 PM
How is the money leftover any different than FCOA? Why is it ok for NDSU kids to buy headphones on NDSU's dime, but not CSU players?

El_Chapo
09-09-2016, 08:15 PM
suspend them!

Mr Meaty
09-09-2016, 08:46 PM
How is the money leftover any different than FCOA? Why is it ok for NDSU kids to buy headphones on NDSU's dime, but not CSU players?

Who said this was happening??

Mayville Bison
09-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Who said this was happening??

FCOA - they can buy whatever they want, can't they?

imabison
09-09-2016, 08:52 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/09/09/30-plus-charleston-southern-football-players-banned-in-bizarre-bookstore-violaton/

Apparently, the FB players used their book money to buy stuff like pencils, notebooks, etc. I guess this is strictly forbidden, but they were encouraged to spend all their money in the book store because they wouldn't get the money back.

Obviously this money was not FCOA but for books only, and specified that way. However if its FCOA it could be happening at alot of schools.

oldmantutters
09-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Probably stating the obvious, but I'm sure FCOA money needs to be "earmarked" as such for Title IX.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
09-09-2016, 11:35 PM
Looks like it is down to 14 lol

1998braves64
09-10-2016, 01:38 PM
Well it sounded like they could pick one of two games maybe they tried to get an even split so that they would have a reasonable amount of players for both games? Next week it'll be 16?? Or maybe an exaggeration on this players part.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Hammersmith
09-10-2016, 11:57 PM

One of the elements of the FCOA legislation was to switch to a flat stipend for books. Prior to FCOA, the scholarship could cover books, but that's it. It makes accounting a bitch. It means every scholarship is a little different every semester. Student A gets $613, student B gets $476, student C gets $712, et.

As part of the FCOA rewrite, the P5 chose to go with a flat stipend for books. The school sets the average cost of books per semester, and that's what the (full) scholarship student athletes get. It's makes the accounting much easier. Student A gets $675, student B gets $675, student C gets $675, etc.

If a school uses FCOA, they use the new accounting method for books. If they don't give out FCOA, they still use the old way.