PDA

View Full Version : Bison Football article

tcbison
03-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Good article in today's Forum about spring practice and comments about a lot of the players.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=121403§ion=Sports

Sounds like the linebackers and safeties are solid. Trying some new guys on the defensive line including freshman Ryan Schuttloffel at nosegaurd.

I am curious why under the wide receivers comments that Kole Heckendorf wasn't mentioned. Do you think Kolpack just missed his name? He was NDSU's best WR last year.

Bisonguy
03-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Guess we'll have to wait until the Spring Game to find out about Heckendorf, unless someone sheds some light......

Kole definitely made some crucial catches last year.

mikelsch
03-24-2006, 09:37 PM
He's still registered at NDSU. Must have been an oversight.

Even with Heckendorf, the WR and TE spots have a lot to prove. They appear to be a weaker part of the team until proven otherwise.

broke_back_mnt
03-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I liked the comment that the BISON should look good/big coming off the bus. Gave me confidence that we have the physical size we will need against the Gophers.

SUCB#27
03-24-2006, 10:32 PM
As far as I know Kole is still with the team. I am pretty sure it was an oversight. I have seen Kole on campus many times this semester and he never has anything but good things to say about lifting and football, which makes it hard for me to believe he would transfer.

sambini
03-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Nice article by Jeff Kolpack. And also he did a nice job MC the TEAMMAKER FUNDRIVE KICKOFF LAST NITE.

Gamehunter
03-25-2006, 12:04 AM
I wonder if Bohl is still considering Williams as a true freshman? I think WR is still one of the weaker positions, but this year should be considerably better than last year at that spot. I am looking foward to seeing Heckendorf line up with White.

Also, sounds like Werzbacker is going to be moved to TE, which is good. I was hoping he would get a chance at TE, he is just to good to keep only on special teams.

SUCB#27
03-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Wurz was always on the tight end depth chart but until this year w/o Andy and AJ wasn't ready for action, also both Tyler Roehl and Tyler Jangula will be getting reps at the TE position. Should be interesting.

MJ
03-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Kole is still playing, dont see how he didnt get mentioned but mistakes happen. I'm curious to see how well the guys perform on Tuesday morning... and I do mean MORNING at 5:30 a.m. I'm sure glad I'm done 8)

SUILB#28
03-25-2006, 02:22 AM
I was out there for a while this afternoon and it looked like the guys had a good offseason thus far. The thing that really stuck out to me was the depth and competition at offensive line. There are going to be some good battles for those starting spots with some high quality back ups. Oh yeah, and of course the linebackers look damn good. *;D

kchats
03-25-2006, 04:16 AM
Coach Bohl is building a very good division I-AA team and the improvement show year after year. Looking forward to the season although the schedule is very tough.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-25-2006, 05:05 AM
I was out there for a while this afternoon and it looked like the guys had a good offseason thus far. The thing that really stuck out to me was the depth and competition at offensive line. There are going to be some good battles for those starting spots with some high quality back ups. Oh yeah, and of course the linebackers look damn good. *;D

Nice job speaking at teammakers last night # 28---It is always fun to hear from a recent player to get perspective

SUILB#28
03-25-2006, 05:12 AM
Thanks I appreciate it, would've like to stick around and mingle for a while, but I don't think professors would take that as an escuse for turning in things late. *;) Could've stayed up there for an hour and talked about how important and appreciative all athletes are of the support from the community and especially TeamMakers. Anyone who is wondering if they can make a difference, just ask any athlete. Everyone will tell you everything done for NDSU athletics is top of the line and appreciated. If you get the chance, check out the new coaches football offices, they are ridiculously nice. Oh yeah, I think there was a basketball tournament on TV too last nite, I'm not sure. *;D

NDSUfb
03-26-2006, 09:14 AM
hey nick compton is going to tear it up at de, he was good at lb and as good as maresh at that position, now at de, wow he is going to be a stud.. as for the wr, kole heckendorf.. can i say a ed mccaffery type receiver, just a solid guy all around, does what he is told and does it to perfection

SUILB#28
03-26-2006, 09:30 AM
I think it is dangerous to say a person is as good as someone else at the same position. Both Compton and Maresh have huge up sides, and both bring a little something different to the table. But I think the coaches made a good decision when deciding on moving a linebacker to the D-line, Nick is a very talented linebacker who was unfortunately playing behind someone who is also very talented (Joe Mays) and there was a need to fill on the Defensive line. Nick has the heart and athleticism to be a very effective D end, especially with the lack of depth there. And I think it is better to have as many of your best football players on the field as possible, even if it means they made need to learn a new position. It has, and will continue to happen for years, athletic players will be moved to best help the team, and most of the time to see more playing time. Don't be surprised if both Nick and Mike have big years this fall, they were the top two linebackers our of Minnesota that year and have both progressed more than most expected. Both are hungry to be big time players.

Bob_Holiday
03-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Nick and Mike are two of what may end up being one of the best recruiting classes at NDSU in quite some time. There are at least a dozen men from that group who will end up starting for the Bison. For those of you that don't recall all the names, that class included Maresh and Compton, along with Blake Anderson, Alex Belquist, Mike Brower, Zach Harrington, Kole Heckendorf, Tyler Jangula, Joe Lardinois, Ryan Parsons, Tyler Roehl, Nick Schommer, James Septak, Shamen Washington and Jerimiah Wurzbacher.

BismarckBison
03-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Well said Bob, we have some great football ahead of us. I heard a rumor that Jerimiah Wurzbacher was a high school buddy of Tyler Roehl, nice double recruit!

semobison
03-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Well said Bob, we have some great football ahead of us. *I heard a rumor that Jerimiah Wurzbacher was a high school buddy of Tyler Roehl, nice double recruit!
Roehl was a West Fargo Packer, and Wurzbacher is from Fargo South. Rivals for sure, friends possibly.

Bison_Dan
03-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Roehl was a West Fargo Packer, and Wurzbacher is from Fargo South. Rivals for sure, friends possibly.

Actually it was Roehl that talked Wurzbacker into becoming a Bison. They were good friends in high school according to The Forum.

sambini
03-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm glad he did.