PDA

View Full Version : Stick's QB rating

gizmo
09-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Easton Stick is 9-0 as a starting QB. That's a damn good rating if you ask me! I hope the opposition keeps underestimating his abilities.

Bisonfanatical
09-05-2016, 04:35 PM
The Bucs were an interesting team with a few new/un-common wrinkles ... I agree with you ... I believe that he threw for a bit over 70% and a couple TDs, not a bad way to start the year.

I have talked to many fans of other teams who (somehow) aren't aware of how many games Stick started in Carson's absence. Over and over I hear how we lost our starter to the NFL so it's lights out for NDSU this year.

I'm sure the coaches are not underestimating Stick, but the players are coming off a FBS high at Eastern Wash and it might be possible that their confidence will be high ... their bodies should be sore still... lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Twincitybizon
09-06-2016, 01:42 AM
Easton Stick is 9-0 as a starting QB. That's a damn good rating if you ask me! I hope the opposition keeps underestimating his abilities.

Did you start a thread titled "Stick's QB rating" and then not post his actual QB rating?? Booooooooooooooo

BisManBison
09-06-2016, 01:52 AM
Did you start a thread titled "Stick's QB rating" and then not post his actual QB rating?? Booooooooooooooo

QB efficiency rating for Stick:

2016: 140.36
2015: 150.34

What does it mean? Not a damn thing to me, but 9-0 does.

And for comparison, Casrons rating was 152.30. Again, doesn't mean much to me either. Wins and national championships is all that matters to me.

Twincitybizon
09-06-2016, 08:51 PM
QB efficiency rating for Stick:

2016: 140.36
2015: 150.34

What does it mean? Not a damn thing to me, but 9-0 does.

And for comparison, Casrons rating was 152.30. Again, doesn't mean much to me either. Wins and national championships is all that matters to me.

Agreed but I needed to give him crap lol

BisManBison
09-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Agreed but I needed to give him crap lol

I understand, felt the same way initially :biggrin:

gizmo
09-07-2016, 03:00 AM

Booooooo? C'mon man!

GOBISON123
09-11-2016, 05:06 PM
It is very sad that we failed to recognize how great Easton was in yesterdays game. Especially after the EW onsite kick and we get the ball back, the very first play he throws a deep ball. Almost like a Fuck you to EW. I just about rippled my shirt and went bat shit crazy when I say that play. He is simply an outstanding QB.

MAKBison
09-11-2016, 05:10 PM
It is very sad that we failed to recognize how great Easton was in yesterdays game. Especially after the EW onsite kick and we get the ball back, the very first play he throws a deep ball. Almost like a Fuck you to EW. I just about rippled my shirt when I say that play. He is simply an outstanding QB.

Agree....he hung with a High power O. Kid has got it!

GOBISON123
09-11-2016, 05:15 PM
Agree....he hung with a High power O. Kid has got it!

His focus is unbelievable. Almost Carson Wentz like during the last 4 minutes of 4th Qtr.

1998braves64
09-11-2016, 06:31 PM
It is very sad that we failed to recognize how great Easton was in yesterdays game. Especially after the EW onsite kick and we get the ball back, the very first play he throws a deep ball. Almost like a Fuck you to EW. I just about rippled my shirt and went bat shit crazy when I say that play. He is simply an outstanding QB.

Not to rip on Easton but legendowski had to make an unbelievable catch on that play. Not for RJ that Bball could have easily been picked off too. Still was not a terrible throw, the eagle defender was right there to make a play on it too. When the ball was in the air and the defender had his head turned looking at the ball I feared he was going to get a pick out at least defense it to an incompletion as he was with RJ step for step. But your point is still valid in they turned around and did exactly what EWU tried to do to us after the onside recovery and put the big play into play for momentum.

GOBISON123
09-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Not to rip on Easton but legendowski had to make an unbelievable catch on that play. Not for RJ that Bball could have easily been picked off too. Still was not a terrible throw, the eagle defender was right there to make a play on it too. When the ball was in the air and the defender had his head turned looking at the ball I feared he was going to get a pick out at least defense it to an incompletion as he was with RJ step for step. But your point is still valid in they turned around and did exactly what EWU tried to do to us after the onside recovery and put the big play into play for momentum.

That play looked similar to the play during the Championship game against the gamecocks where Carson was on the left and ball was on the right. That throw yesterday looked similar, RJ was on the left and the ball was on the right. I agree RJ made a terrific fighting catch. Easton needs to work on the timing or anticipation with his WR but he is more confident and was outstanding yesterday.

semobison
09-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Stick played well yesterday! My only complaint is he needs to have a little more touch on some of his throws. The potential TD to Illeus (sp?) got there really quick. Had a couple throws like that against CCU also. Anyone else notice this?

MankatoBison
09-11-2016, 07:09 PM
A LOT of takeaways from yesterday's game. Man that was wild haha, definitely lived up to the hype!!

Most impressive part to me was Easton driving down the field and leading us with his ARM in the fourth quarter.
He did everything he needed to do to win the game when it mattered most including planting a pass directly on the hands/numbers of our TE in the endzone. VERY VERY impressed, to say the least

BisoninNWMN
09-11-2016, 07:35 PM
A LOT of takeaways from yesterday's game. Man that was wild haha, definitely lived up to the hype!!

Most impressive part to me was Easton driving down the field and leading us with his ARM in the fourth quarter.
He did everything he needed to do to win the game when it mattered most including planting a pass directly on the hands/numbers of our TE in the endzone. VERY VERY impressed, to say the least

Agree and he is only a Soph. 2+ years more of him.

CAS4127
09-11-2016, 07:38 PM
He was the most determined and focused player on O yesterday. DeLuca was on D.

Sent from my iPhone.

gizmo
09-12-2016, 01:44 AM
Stick's rating is up to 10-0. Has any other Bison QB won their first 10 games?

VirginiaBison
09-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Following in CW's footsteps probably has the NFL scouts eyeing him already.... along with agents whispering to him to not wait 4 years..... lots of potential pressure surrounding ES

GOBISON123
09-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Following in CW's footsteps probably has the NFL scouts eyeing him already.... along with agents whispering to him to not wait 4 years..... lots of potential pressure surrounding ES

IF (This is a big if) he keeps throwing those bombs to Shepard, RJ and TEs like he did during these last two games. He will be gone before his Senior Year is my guess. , just speculating.

mtoutfitter
09-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Stick played well yesterday! My only complaint is he needs to have a little more touch on some of his throws. The potential TD to Illeus (sp?) got there really quick. Had a couple throws like that against CCU also. Anyone else notice this?

If I remember correctly he had to zip that throw to Illies as the safety was coming across and would have picked/knocked down had it not got there that quickly....could be wrong on that.

HerdBot
09-13-2016, 02:42 AM
If I remember correctly he had to zip that throw to Illies as the safety was coming across and would have picked/knocked down had it not got there that quickly....could be wrong on that.

That was a GREAT throw. If he puts some air under that one it's a pick and we lose the game but he fired it in. Would have been a great catch but certainly not easy. At first I thought it was a bad drop but after seeing it was a 98 mph fast ball, that was a very tough catch.
Stick just has the IT factor. He doesn't play scared.

X-Factor
09-13-2016, 02:55 AM
Stick's rating is up to 10-0. Has any other Bison QB won their first 10 games?

Steve Walker won the first 6 games he started (3 from 2004) before losing to the Bobkittens, which coincidentally is the front end of the infamous "home and see ya" football series between MSU and NDSU.