PDA

View Full Version : Commitment

SUCB#27
03-28-2006, 06:04 AM
When you wake up tomorrow morning think of the young men who have been up for hours working thier tails off to preserve the tradition that we all love. It's all worth it to get to play those games on Saturdays, trust me. Also, think of tomorrow morning, next fall when maybe you don't feel like standing up and cheering quite as loud. They've worked for us, let's give something back by showing them how much we appreciate it and get those home games rockin.

Go Bison

Trimmy
03-28-2006, 06:21 AM
Nice.

TransAmBison
03-28-2006, 12:16 PM
++++

coloradobison
03-29-2006, 04:41 AM
Well said

WYOBISONMAN
03-29-2006, 05:00 AM
I agree 110%!

sambini
03-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Very well said 27++++++++++++++++++++

Scooter
03-30-2006, 03:48 PM
SUCB#27, *You are 100% right. *And, thanks for making my saturdays fun. *The way you guys act on the field is a testament to your character. *You should proud of what you've accomplished.

and.. Go Bison. 8)

Green-N-Gold
03-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Can't wait for October 21st!!!!!

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-30-2006, 05:15 PM
When you wake up tomorrow morning think of the young men who have been up for hours working thier tails off to preserve the tradition that we all love. *It's all worth it to get to play those games on Saturdays, trust me. *Also, think of tomorrow morning, next fall when maybe you don't feel like standing up and cheering quite as loud. *They've worked for us, let's give something back by showing them how much we appreciate it and get those home games rockin.

Go Bison

Maybe a little overdramatic #27---

I agree it is an honor and a priviledge to put on the uniform. Most of the people on this board give hard earned money that allows the number of scholarships and the facilities that NDSU student athletes are fortunate to have.

Getting up early a few days is a small price to pay for this priviledge.

When I wake up in the morning--I will be more apt to think about our soldiers in Iraq.........

Go Bison

Scooter
03-30-2006, 06:03 PM

I agree it is an honor and a priviledge to put on the uniform. Most of the people on this board give hard earned money that allows the number of scholarships and the facilities that NDSU student athletes are fortunate to have.

When I wake up in the morning--I will be more apt to think about our soldiers in Iraq.........

Go Bison

Overdramatic? Well, yeah... I agree with you about our boys overseas. They make us proud. I think #27 was trying to pull on those heart strings and get us a little more rowdy at the games. Sometimes, I miss the old Dakota Field atmosphere. All it takes is a few good games for this fan base to realize just how difficult they can make things for the other team. Remember the first game in the Dome when we were up 28-3 early in the second quarter agaist Pittsburg State? That game was so loud you couldn't hear the guy next to you. Lets get that atmosphere back for every game.

SUCB#27
03-30-2006, 06:45 PM
The reason I said think about them when you wake up tomorrow morning was because that was actually one of the mornings that they were up in full pads working thier tails off. I didn't say it to mean that they should be the first thing you think of when you wake up every morning. Saying that would have been a little overdramatic, but I didn't say that.

Secondly, it seems to me a little distasteful to bring our soldiers into this conversation. We are here to talk about Bison football, and for me to make a comment about how hard they work and suggest a commendation for it should not be met with any criticism. It certainly shouldn't be compared to people who give thier lives to ensure our freedom.

You are right, the work they put in is a small price to pay, it is a price I would pay 1000 times over to put on that uniform again.

The money that is given by teammakers and private donations is essential to the success of our program. Bison Football would not be what it is today without many very generous poeple, and they are very much appreciated by the program. I intend to be a part of it very soon, but giving money is not the end of being a fan. I don't think it is overdramatic to want to make the FargoDome that home field advantage we all want it to be.

Please don't make me defend myself when I come on a Bison Football message board and try to give people a reason to cheer for our guys.

Go Bison

Scooter
03-30-2006, 07:03 PM
SUCB#27, remember this, 20 people are going to read your post and have 20 different perceptions of it. We value your input because it's a veiwpoint that most of us have never experienced. I'm a new poster to this website (by the way, this site is top notch) and would be very disappointed if we lost your input. So, Keep posting!!!

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2006, 07:07 PM

Go Bison

NDSU wouldn't have the pride, tradition, or the supporters to give their hard earned money to the program if it didn't start out with the players making the committment to get up early every day and workout.

If you want to wake up in the morning and think about the soldiers, go chat in a government forum. This is merely a sports oriented message board for the program known a NDSU.

tcbison
03-30-2006, 07:10 PM
SUCB#27, *remember this, 20 people are going to read your post and have 20 different perceptions of it. *We value your input because it's a veiwpoint that most of us have never experienced. *I'm a new poster to this website (by the way, this site is top notch) and would be very disappointed if we lost your input. *So, Keep posting!!!

As sambini would say ++++++++!
The input you give is awesome! I love it! Keep up the good work!

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-30-2006, 07:12 PM
#27 No need to get riled up....Guys have been practicing before sunrise for years. I know---I was one of them. It comes with the territory.

I don't give them anymore or anyless credit for getting up at 0 dark thirty.

I too wish fans were louder and created a better atmosphere---moving to the dome increased attendance and decreased participation.

#27 these message boards are discussion-and commentary---you don't need to "defend" your opinion.

SUCB#27
03-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Why would you try to downplay the work that players put in, if you are one of them?

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-30-2006, 07:27 PM
I am not downplaying it------believe me I went through 3 a days and Spring practice ---it is not easy. But if it was easy #27 there would be many people who could do it. I took a lot of pride in the fact that not many people can. Getting my self in shape to survive fall camp. It was all worth it

All I am saying is that these practices have gone on for years. As a player I enjoyed the fan support --outdoors at Dacotah field was special. I did not expect any more or any less cheering based on what time my practice was.

SUCB#27
03-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Right, as a player you shouldn't expect it. But, I'm not a player anymore. All I was doing was going to bat for current players, as a fan, to get other fans(now my peers) excited and informed about the hard work that they put in. Hey, I'll say whatever it takes to get fans rowdy at games.

I'm not trying to butt heads with you here. I know you aren't either so, no worries.

Go Bison

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-30-2006, 07:36 PM
We are on the same side # 27---I admired your play as a spectator---and appreciate your input here.

I hope you stay active with the program ---and get involved with Teammakers.

It is a good way for us has-beens to stay in touch!!

SUCB#27
03-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I hope I get a chance to see who all of you guys are sometime.

JACKGUYII
03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
The payback for the players is called a scholarship!

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-30-2006, 08:32 PM
NDSU wouldn't have the pride, tradition, or the supporters to give their hard earned money to the program if it didn't start out with the players making the committment to get up early every day and workout.

If you want to wake up in the morning and think about the soldiers, go chat in a government forum. *This is merely a sports oriented message board for the program known a NDSU.

Silk---another ignorant comment by you

First of all, I will post a comment anywhere I want--I respect your right to made idiotic posts. So don't tell me where to go chat

Second, every school in the nation, has pride and tradition. Getting up early is not unique to NDSU, nor does it differentiate it from other schools. Pride and tradition come from places you will never know--because you have never worn a Bison uniform.

IowaBison
03-30-2006, 08:59 PM
[Extreme sarcasm]

But what about the firefighters, SUCB#27, you forgot them!

And the widows?

The orphaned chilren?

The struggling small business man?

The tired?

The poor?

The huddled masses yearning to be free?

sambini
03-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Special thanks to the trainers,coaches,and equipment managers also. 27 I hope you stay involved in the future with TEAMMAKERS. We need more athletes to get involved. And next fall we will have a Tailgate party sponsored by BUDWEISER SELECT. You can meet some of the old players from the 80s etc..................

JACKGUYII
03-30-2006, 09:32 PM
I wonder what percentage of former players become fans and contributors to their former programs? Should be a higher percentage than I would guess it is.

ndsubison
03-30-2006, 11:58 PM
When you wake up tomorrow morning think of the young men who have been up for hours working thier tails off to preserve the tradition that we all love. *It's all worth it to get to play those games on Saturdays, trust me. *Also, think of tomorrow morning, next fall when maybe you don't feel like standing up and cheering quite as loud. *They've worked for us, let's give something back by showing them how much we appreciate it and get those home games rockin.

Go Bison

Abso-frickin'-lutely! AMEN! I will be there, cheering loudly, as usual. Home-field advantage is something that should NOT have to be worked for or encouraged. It should, simply, be there. I got kicked outta the FFD last year for being "too loud" and if it happens again this year, I guess it happens. They still accept my money though ;D.

GO BISON!
Beat Minnesota

SDbison
03-31-2006, 01:01 AM
*I got kicked outta the FFD last year for being "too loud" and if it happens again this year, I guess it happens. *They still accept my money though ;D.

GO BISON!
Beat Minnesota

Kicked out....Been there, done that last year also. Seems the dome Nazis have a problem with people standing up and / or cheering. Actually I was pulled out of the UCD game and talked to about several of us that were considered to be standing too much as the Bison attempted to come back late in the game (2/3's of the so called fans had already left). What a joke.

silkamilkamonico
03-31-2006, 01:55 AM
Silk---another ignorant comment by you

First of all, *I will post a comment anywhere I want--I respect your right to made idiotic posts. So don't tell me where to go chat

Actually, that's called spamming and trolling. *You might want to read the rules before you just start posting anything "anywhere you want." That's why they have a basketball forum, a football forum, an "other sports" forum, UND smack talk, etc. etc. etc.

Second, every school in the nation, has pride and tradition. Getting up early is not unique to NDSU, nor does it differentiate it from other schools. Pride *and tradition come from places you will never know--because you have never worn a Bison uniform.

Your absolutely right. *Forget the NDSU players. *My "hard working money" which gets used for scholarships is what's made NDSU into what it is today.

Now we're getting somewhere.

::)

TransAmBison
03-31-2006, 03:46 AM
Pride *and tradition come from places you will never know--because you have never worn a Bison uniform.

I've read some statements by other posters that tend to shoot from the hit and not think about what they are saying, but this...this is out of line. There are a lot of Bison fanatics out there that have never worn a Bison uniform. There is a lot of people out thee that live the pride and tradition, yet have never worn the Bison uniform. I just have to say, that statement appalls me. Get off your high horse.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-31-2006, 04:32 AM
I've read some statements by other posters that tend to shoot from the hit and not think about what they are saying, but this...this is out of line. *There are a lot of Bison fanatics out there that have never worn a Bison uniform. *There is a lot of people out thee that live the pride and tradition, yet have never worn the Bison uniform. *I just have to say, that statement appalls me. *Get off your high horse.

I am terribly sorry I appalled you. You obviously appall easy. You are a very sensitive person---there are different sites that you can chat on...........

The poster stated that pride and tradition are born by getting up early---I stated that pride and tradition come from other places---GET YOUR F IN FACTS before you make another silly post.

Or go to a website that is more for sensitive people

TransAmBison
03-31-2006, 12:24 PM
I am terribly sorry I appalled you. You obviously appall easy. You are a very sensitive person---there are different sites that you can chat on...........

The poster stated that pride and tradition are born by getting up early---I stated that pride and tradition *come from other places---GET YOUR F IN FACTS before you make another silly post.

Or go to a website that is more for sensitive people
You know what, I'm modifying this retort. I just don't like that responses other than yours are "silly" including mine. I believe my facts were straight, maybe you just meant your earlier post different from what I took it.

sambini
03-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Well any way you put it. These young men are working hard and trying to get a jump on the competion. I think we should commend Coach Bohl and his staff for all the fine work they are doing in raising first class young men. Hope to see a few of you folks at the HOOPLE SMOKER NEXT FRIDAY. AS I am driving up with some of the staff. As we are very grateful to the folks in the northern valley who have become TEAMMAKERS. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. +++

mjh
03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
::) ::) ::) ::)Remember we're all on the same side here boys. 27, I enjoy your analysis of the current team members, keep it up!

MN_BISONS
03-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Hope to see a few of you folks at the HOOPLE SMOKER NEXT FRIDAY. AS I am driving up with some of *the staff. As we are very grateful to the folks in the northern valley who have become TEAMMAKERS. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. +++

You are going to the one in Hoople but not the one in Cavalier tonight? Just kidding Sambini, have fun with the Valley boys. Be careful up there, I've heard the dice games get a little crazy, better bring your checkbook.