tjbison
08-29-2016, 03:37 PM
Anyone heard his status yet?

MNLonghorn10
08-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Coach said later today on his show yesterday

El_Chapo
08-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Very proud of my son. Senior season didn't start quite like we had planned but then again we are reminded that it's not our plan. Thank you all for yours prayers, calls and messages. We are truly blessed. Nick will rehab for a couple of weeks and then his doctors and coaches will re-evaluate the stability of his shoulder. Extremely blessed to be part of a team that cares so much about their players! Great job by Matt Plank! #nextmanup

MrSnuffleupagus
08-29-2016, 04:19 PM
Now, to further prevent this from turning into the great Wentz Broken Wrist Rumor of 2015 debacle; I have heard on FB (from his mother) that he will be out a 'couple' weeks for rehabilitation.

So basically, this is pretty much fact.

Mr Meaty
08-29-2016, 04:33 PM
Going to be more than a couple weeks. Missed the beginning of the insiders on 1660. Sounded like come back late or look at a medical redshirt if availability.

TransAmBison
08-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Going to be more than a couple weeks. Missed the beginning of the insiders on 1660. Sounded like come back late or look at a medical redshirt if availability.Speculation...

scbison91
08-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Speculation... that was phil Hansen speculating.. He has no idea of his true status.

Bison03
08-29-2016, 04:59 PM
All speculation until Klieman speaks about it in a few minutes at the presser. May not even know then. Hope it's not serious. Next man up!

EC8CH
08-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Dislocation. Out one week of practice. Maybe back to practice following week.

Bison03
08-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Klieman hopes he can play in 2 weeks.

scottietohottie
08-29-2016, 05:06 PM
Ah rub some dirt on it. Travis Beck only needed one arm.

EC8CH
08-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Also Plank xray came back negative. Rumors of broken hand are false.

MNLonghorn10
08-29-2016, 05:10 PM
Dislocation. Out one week of practice. Maybe back to practice following week.

nice. feared a lot worse than this.

AKBison
08-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Travis Beck was made of nails and iron but he also wasn't a lock to be an Nfl draft pick. I say sit him until Iowa unless he is 100%

ndsubison1
08-29-2016, 05:16 PM
We dont need him vs EWU

17>1
08-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Agreed about sitting him until Iowa, he should be pretty well healed up by then. Whew, I'm really happy for Nick that he'll be back. The thought of him missing his senior year and having to MedRed didn't sound like fun.

bisonaudit
08-29-2016, 05:32 PM
If you're going to sit him for EWU you may as well wait until the conference schedule starts. Iowa is the least important game of the season.

ZHerd
08-29-2016, 05:40 PM
We dont need him vs EWU

He is a stud in pass coverage though

ZHerd
08-29-2016, 05:41 PM
If you're going to sit him for EWU you may as well wait until the conference schedule starts. Iowa is the least important game of the season.

Not from fan perspective, or from program advertisement perspective

tojo70
08-29-2016, 05:42 PM
He is a stud in pass coverage though

Totally agree. I think we're going to need him for EWU.

ndsubison1
08-29-2016, 05:42 PM

Agreed, but want to see him vs Iowa

ndsubison1
08-29-2016, 05:43 PM
Totally agree. I think we're going to need him for EWU.

No we don't

89MTBISON
08-29-2016, 05:47 PM

^^^^^This right here. Conference championship first, national championship second. Iowa is about the money, a win would be gravy.

89MTBISON
08-29-2016, 05:49 PM
Not from fan perspective, or from program advertisement perspective

So if we lose is that bad P.R.? Nope. Whether he plays or not in that one is irrelevant.

2011BisonAlumni
08-29-2016, 05:52 PM
^^^^^This right here. Conference championship first, national championship second. Iowa is about the money, a win would be gravy.

He has a chance to earn himself a ton of money playing in that game. I think he will want to play for personal reasons.

From a team perspective though you are absolutely right. I say dress him vs EWU and see how the game plays out. If you don't need him, sit him. If he feels 100% against Iowa you play him.

ZHerd
08-29-2016, 05:53 PM
So if we lose is that bad P.R.? Nope. Whether he plays or not in that one is irrelevant.

If we somehow give Iowa a run for their money it's good pr. Lots of people, including potential recruits will be watching. NDSU doesn't have their current notoriety without the FBS games that they have played

thundarsdaddy
08-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Why not get a Doctor who specializes in shoulder injuries, and how to "pop-it-back-into-place" on the sidelines for the entire crowd to hear the injured player SCREAM?? Dr. Travis Beck is highly recommended??

DBRJake
08-29-2016, 06:04 PM
He has a chance to earn himself a ton of money playing in that game. I think he will want to play for personal reasons.

From a team perspective though you are absolutely right. I say dress him vs EWU and see how the game plays out. If you don't need him, sit him. If he feels 100% against Iowa you play him.

Exactly. It's a chance for him to showcase his talent against "the big boys". Not to mention he's a competitor. If he's ready to play, I'd hate to be the one to try to stop him!

THEsocalledfan
08-29-2016, 06:07 PM

It is important for Nick to play in this game for his own future.

El_Chapo
08-29-2016, 06:09 PM

Beating a top 10 team at Iowa would trump all 5 natl titles and biggest win in school history by a mile!!!

89MTBISON
08-29-2016, 06:15 PM
It is important for Nick to play in this game for his own future.

I know someone who missed 8 games his senior season, it worked out ok for him.

Bison56
08-29-2016, 06:18 PM
I know someone who missed 8 games his senior season, it worked out ok for him.

Lock thread its over.

Bisonwinagn
08-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Lock thread its over.

No way there will be at least 10 more pages. Play when healthy period. Doesn't matter the game. We can play 7 DB's against EWU.

Bison"FANatic"
08-29-2016, 06:44 PM
This could be a very interesting injury at least there was no bone involvement. Coming back and coming back and playing at 100% are two totally different scenarios with this. A lot of people can play with shoulders not at a 100%. For the shoulder to even start to dislocate you need to at least stretch if not tear ligaments and possibly some tendons. The thing that saved him is the large mass of muscles he has in this area and that should have saved him from this being worse than it is. Ligaments are going to take a minimum of 4 - 6 weeks to heal. He will more than likely play before that but I doubt it will be painfree playing. Well depends on if they shoot it up ;) but if they do that he will just feel it later. Hopefully he will be able to play through the pain and have minimal loss of ability. My personal opinion is shoulders suck to injure and to treat.

Alsen
08-29-2016, 07:13 PM
No way there will be at least 10 more pages. Play when healthy period. Doesn't matter the game. We can play 7 DB's against EWU.

Yes, this.

thebigund
08-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Lock thread its over.

If only shoulder injuries worked like that. Once it's out once, it's more likely to pop out again and again. Shoulder injuries don't sound bad but they really are.

thebigund
08-29-2016, 07:39 PM

Which 7 DBs would you play against EWU? That's not exactly the deepest position for teh bizun.

17>1
08-29-2016, 07:41 PM
I suppose it could be another year similar to what we saw with Travis. Still glad he's able to go, I'll take a 75% Nick Deluca any day of the week.

17>1
08-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Which 7 DBs would you play against EWU? That's not exactly the deepest position for teh bizun.

I'm trying to think back to CSU and how many times we saw a nickel or dime, probably not at all until maybe the last couple of plays in the game. Against EWU we'll probably see quite a bit of Kelly and maybe even McCoy.

Kermit
08-29-2016, 07:49 PM
I'm trying to think back to CSU and how many times we saw a nickel or dime, probably not at all until maybe the last couple of plays in the game. Against EWU we'll probably see quite a bit of Kelly and maybe even McCoy.

In today's press conference, Klieman affirmed that Bachmeier will be the fifth DB on the field. He will play safety when we are in "nickel." I think we will see Grimsley drop down to cover the slot (from earlier interviews). If we see Kelly on defense, it would most likely be in rotation with Wimbush.

1993bison
08-29-2016, 07:58 PM
Lmao, I was thinking the same

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
08-29-2016, 08:27 PM

DeLuca is probably in the top 7.

17>1
08-29-2016, 08:42 PM
In today's press conference, Klieman affirmed that Bachmeier will be the fifth DB on the field. He will play safety when we are in "nickel." I think we will see Grimsley drop down to cover the slot (from earlier interviews). If we see Kelly on defense, it would most likely be in rotation with Wimbush.

Awesome, thanks! I'm really excited to see Bachmeier get on the field. Love to see the ND guys out there competing.

KilldeerBison
08-29-2016, 08:46 PM
If only shoulder injuries worked like that. Once it's out once, it's more likely to pop out again and again. Shoulder injuries don't sound bad but they really are.

Where did he say anything about "how shoulder injuries worked"? Your false concern is not surprising though, hit the road. Spread your Fawking wings and fly back to piouxville.

NDSU German from Russia
08-29-2016, 09:17 PM
Like all Bison fans, I really hope Nick a speedy and proper recovery. #49 is so fun to watch out on the field; he's on a different level. The one-arm tackle he made (in space) was amazing, not to mention the numerous tackles up the middle. Oh yeah, did I mention the time he ABSOLUTELY CRUSHED their QB on the blitz...guy just has killer instincts.

As much as I hate to think of playing Iowa sans DeLuca, he just needs to rest up till MD gives him green light.

BlueBisonRock
08-29-2016, 10:21 PM

And memories of Steve Nelson for the old guys here.

thebigund
08-29-2016, 10:53 PM
Where did he say anything about "how shoulder injuries worked"? Your false concern is not surprising though, hit the road. Spread your Fawking wings and fly back to piouxville.

It's not false concern, I enjoy watching DeLuca play and wish UND could have gotten him. And he implied that this story won't continue because it was a minor dislocation.

DakotaOkie
08-29-2016, 11:41 PM

Geez, some of the folks here behave as poorly as the goofs on HYB. Nothing derogatory or defaming was implied whatsoever. A kid (with a ton of talent) was hurt playing football. Lighten up!

Snowgoose
08-30-2016, 01:26 AM
You know who I feel sorry for, ME. I was somewhat depressed last year when we lost Wentz cause I knew he was a once in a lifetime QB for us. Now I am bummed cause it was so much fun watching Deluca play. A little bit like watching Mays hit, but Deluca is just so special and just seems to be everywhere. Hope he can regain that form this year. Otherwise for me redshirt ��.

KilldeerBison
08-30-2016, 03:04 AM
Geez, some of the folks here behave as poorly as the goofs on HYB. Nothing derogatory or defaming was implied whatsoever. A kid (with a ton of talent) was hurt playing football. Lighten up!

IMO, this guy has a long history of wanting NDSU to fail. Also, a long history of pretentious statements, that often are wrong. Not sure what you mean by calling me a " goof on HYB"? Last, I'm well aware that DeLuca was injured and he has much talent.(can't see where I said or implied anything different)

NachZ
09-01-2016, 06:06 PM
It's not false concern, I enjoy watching DeLuca play and wish UND could have gotten him. And he implied that this story won't continue because it was a minor dislocation.

The implication that UND had a chance at DeLuca is great

PAC Bison
09-01-2016, 11:06 PM
Did anyone see them put Deluca's shoulder back in? If it went in easily on the sideline it is better then if they took him to the locker room to do it. if it was subluxed, or just out of position a little bit - less damage. If it took 2 guys tugging on him to get it back in- more damage. They will not "shoot him up" as cortisone would impede healing and could weaken tendons.

Bison"FANatic"
09-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Did anyone see them put Deluca's shoulder back in? If it went in easily on the sideline it is better then if they took him to the locker room to do it. if it was subluxed, or just out of position a little bit - less damage. If it took 2 guys tugging on him to get it back in- more damage. They will not "shoot him up" as cortisone would impede healing and could weaken tendons.

They can numb it though, lots of options other than cortisone. Hopefully they won't have to go that far though and he will be able to play through the pain or it wasn't to serious and is healing quickly.

I have put shoulders in a bunch of times on various people. I had a friend who would dislocate it often. Put his in on a football field, in a weight room, heck I even put it back in on the ski slope.

A1pigskin
09-05-2016, 12:25 PM

I think it was done on the sideline. They taped the ice on his shoulder while on the sideline

PAC Bison
09-05-2016, 01:06 PM
I think it was done on the sideline. They taped the ice on his shoulder while on the sideline

That's good, it means it went right back easily. If it is the first time it happened the ligaments aren't too stretched out, I think he'll be back for EWU. They can tape him up and brace him. Rub some dirt on it for good measure.

Opie11
09-05-2016, 03:12 PM
From what the radio guys were saying it didn't go back in all that easily. Sideline reporter said he thought they were going to have to cut his pads off because they couldn't get them off without him being put in a lot of pain. Then it sounded like they had at least some difficulty putting it back in place. Either way, hoping for the best for him as he is fun to watch play.

thebigund
09-05-2016, 03:37 PM
The implication that UND had a chance at DeLuca is great

Not sure I ever impied that but I'm sure you'd know better.

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2016, 03:44 PM
From what the radio guys were saying it didn't go back in all that easily. Sideline reporter said he thought they were going to have to cut his pads off because they couldn't get them off without him being put in a lot of pain. Then it sounded like they had at least some difficulty putting it back in place. Either way, hoping for the best for him as he is fun to watch play.

Coach K said it went right back in.

Hammerhead
09-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Was it Travis Beck or someone else who had his shoulder popped back into the socket a few times?

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Was it Travis Beck or someone else who had his shoulder popped back into the socket a few times?

Him and Jirik IIRC....

Opie11
09-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Coach K said it went right back in.

Good deal.

EC8CH
09-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Both of Jirik's shoulders were bad. Amazing how he stayed on the field.

roadwarrior
09-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Deluca practicing today....
Klieman hopeful he will be playing Saturday

56BISON73
09-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Both of Jirik's shoulders were bad. Amazing how he stayed on the field.

Kid was a warrior.

17>1
09-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Deluca practicing today....
Klieman hopeful he will be playing Saturday

This^ is good news. Sure is nice having some depth behind Nick so we don't have to rely on him to be out there all day. Is it game day yet?!!

NDSU German from Russia
09-10-2016, 02:23 AM
Any word on the omahapowerhousesuperbeast#49?

Coaches are saying game time decision, but anyone know?

Plank good in pass coverage? #44 looked quick in run coverage last game.

A1pigskin
09-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Nick had a great game against EW. His pick 6 was just what the doctor ordered.

Bisonator98
09-11-2016, 11:48 PM
Nick had a great game against EW. His pick 6 was just what the doctor ordered.

I agree he's a stud and by far our best player. Hope he got some ribbing from the other players and coaches for the showboating before the endzone though.

IzzyFlexion
09-11-2016, 11:56 PM
I agree he's a stud and by far our best player. Hope he got some ribbing from the other players and coaches for the showboating before the endzone though.

This image popped into my head the very instant the EWU player caught up to him.

http://historythings.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/3ad6757682eeb05be4772557217e0654_600x400.jpg

North Side
09-11-2016, 11:58 PM
calling it now taken in the 3rd round by the Vikings to replace Chad Greenway... or maybe even higher.

DakotaOkie
09-12-2016, 12:00 AM

I hope it was more than a bit of ribbing at the next team meeting. That grandstand show was half a second from being a disaster. There were several times in the first two games where individuals were celebrating "their accomplishment" rather than the workman/team look seen in years past. Same thing was visible on the sideline where not all seemed focused on the game/ready to go.