PDA

View Full Version : EWU Pregame Thread

Pages : [1] 2

gumby013
08-28-2016, 03:03 PM
The game you have all been waiting for since 2010 is next.

EWU's first game is next week against Washington State. One key thing to watch is their crazy young O-line. They are replacing all five spots and all of the potential replacements are freshmen or sophomores.

BisoninNWMN
08-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Their defense has been horrible for 5 years, I suspect this will not change much in one year.

And when I mean horrible.....it is bad. Bottom of the FCS yearly.

ZHerd
08-28-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm curious what EW will look like vs WA St. I'm guessing that this will be another challenging game.

BisonNeil
08-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Based on a single game in which the Bison CBs struggled mightily, supported by below average play by Dempsey and a no show game by Grimsley (1 solo tackle ala Chris Board style), I'll hazzard a guess that Kupp will be chomping at the bit to play against the Bison secondary in a couple of weeks. I sure hope the next two weeks are productive for the secondary.

BisoninNWMN
08-28-2016, 03:24 PM
Based on a single game in which the Bison CBs struggled mightily, supported by below average play by Dempsey and a no show game by Grimsley (1 solo tackle ala Chris Board style), I'll hazzard a guess that Kupp will be chomping at the bit to play against the Bison secondary in a couple of weeks. I sure hope the next two weeks are productive for the secondary.

Teams make the most improvement from game 1 to 2.

EWU will test the secondary, they need to play better.

Plus, CSU's defense is light years better than EWU's. We'll see how the offense does in 2 weeks.

bucs90
08-28-2016, 03:49 PM
I don't have a dog in thus fight but I'm rooting for NDSU because yall being #1 would help CSU in the end w resumes for playoffs.

I can say if EWU has a young new O line they're in trouble. You guys have the best front 7 we've ever seen outside of our SEC opponents. And yall didn't look that far behind even them. Easily best Front 7 in FCS.

The ONLY real questionable thing I saw w NDSU is the QB was maybe a bit quick on his pass reads instead of checking down. The 1 pick and other should've been pick he maybe threw to read 1 too quick. That's just nit picking though. Once you guys work the kinks out I don't see many teams who will give you much trouble outside of top 5 or 6 teams in nation.

BisoninNWMN
08-28-2016, 03:52 PM
I don't have a dog in thus fight but I'm rooting for NDSU because yall being #1 would help CSU in the end w resumes for playoffs.

I can say if EWU has a young new O line they're in trouble. You guys have the best front 7 we've ever seen outside of our SEC opponents. And yall didn't look that far behind even them. Easily best Front 7 in FCS.

The ONLY real questionable thing I saw w NDSU is the QB was maybe a bit quick on his pass reads instead of checking down. The 1 pick and other should've been pick he maybe threw to read 1 too quick. That's just nit picking though. Once you guys work the kinks out I don't see many teams who will give you much trouble outside of top 5 or 6 teams in nation.

Outside of Florida State, CSU runs the table and will be a top 8 seed.

CSU is good.

GOBISON123
08-28-2016, 03:58 PM

Our DBs making shoe string tackle makes me nervous. We also lost almost 100 yards due to unnecessary penalties. Our OC play calling is a head scratcher. One of our best RBs Chase Morlock was never on the field. He is a pin ball machine.

thebigund
08-28-2016, 04:13 PM
This game is happening three years too late.

thebigund
08-28-2016, 04:14 PM
Their defense has been horrible for 5 years, I suspect this will not change much in one year.

And when I mean horrible.....it is bad. Bottom of the FCS yearly.

It's supposedly improved but they have been pretty bad so maybe that means they'll only be average?

bison_by_blood
08-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Brock was down. And they will pay.

tjbison
08-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Kupp is no doubt a stud, but if their QB is running for his life and slinging it around I'm guessing there will be some turnovers, CSU would beat EWU imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BisonHorns
08-28-2016, 05:09 PM
I did not forgive.
I did not forget.
I want vengence.

bisonpride4ever
08-28-2016, 05:24 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/9be789bd95b5483999fd81c6c2c647f0.jpg

Sent using a Speak n Spell and an Etch a Sketch

bucs90
08-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Our DBs making shoe string tackle makes me nervous. We also lost almost 100 yards due to unnecessary penalties. Our OC play calling is a head scratcher. One of our best RBs Chase Morlock was never on the field. He is a pin ball machine.

Definitely some untimely penalties you guys had. No doubt those hurt.

We're starting to hear from our players how heartbroken they are....but they are saying how great it was. That NDSU played hard and clean and we're really cool on the field after the game. It was obvious neither team was talking trash or playing dirty. A perfect sportsmanship game. What a battle that was. We're rooting for you guys. Would love a second shot at the King in the playoffs!

Bisonwinagn
08-28-2016, 08:50 PM
This is a much better match up for NDSU. They should have 10 sacks and multiple turnovers with the new offensive line. We also saw a big improvement after game one last year and I expect the same. CSU had one of the best defenses in the country against the run and had a good game plan. I'm expecting a comfortable win.

NovaBison
08-28-2016, 10:08 PM
I want retribution! A full-on butt whupping... not just for 2010! But to show that team's that play that "chuck the pigskin" spread offense our inferior to smash mouth teams!

NodakGreg
08-28-2016, 10:15 PM

Your about spot on Buc90. This years team will grow as in the past from game to game, find their true identity, and when they Offense gets comfortable, then watch out.
I am a bit nervous with Eastern Washington as they are the opposite of your style SE option FB. 4 wide out spread and pass happy. So I think we get our act together against them, your team showed that we have work to do which is good, keeping these guys humble and heads in check is important, so we need to get back to the basics over the next 2 weeks.

I don't want to you see guys in the playoffs as you will be tuff. Your QB took a lickin Saturday night and still got back up..... I know he is feeling it, but again impressive game plan from Bucs Coach coming in, so we need to game plan for Eastern Washington like our lives depend on it, a must win preparing for Iowa Hawkeye game in 3 weeks!

Exciting game Saturday night, too nerve racking for me.... but much better then a soft game and a 30 point spread. " Your only as good as the competition you play", right? We don't care much for Eastern Washington last time 2010 overtime playoff loss only inches from goal line, some say we got screwed by the refs, but we ended up 6 inches short, so payback in 2 weeks is going to be fun!

Have a good season, we'll be watching you at FSU! Give them hell and fits, like you did us, make them earn it.

Go Bison, good luck Bucs,
NoDakBisman

oldmantutters
08-28-2016, 10:17 PM
I want to see an MSUM beatdown. 81-0 this time.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

GOBISON123
08-28-2016, 10:25 PM
This game is going to be a track meet our DBs vs their WRs.

bisonp
08-28-2016, 10:34 PM
I want to see an MSUM beatdown. 81-0 this time.

Well their defenses are probably similar, but come on, EWU has a much better offense.

81-3.

1998braves64
08-29-2016, 01:09 AM
I hope that the 2010 team sends some messages to the current team. I want to beat them so bad especially since they flamed out on us these past few playoffs basically the game before they were to meet us.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

ndsubison1
08-29-2016, 02:05 AM
I'm curious what EW will look like vs WA St. I'm guessing that this will be another challenging game.

Probable blowout. WSU is a potential top 25 team. I bet Gameday finally goes there this year

ZHerd
08-29-2016, 02:19 AM
Probable blowout. WSU is a potential top 25 team. I bet Gameday finally goes there this year

Maybe. They were good last year and still lost to Portland State. It will tell us a lot about EW. Based on recent history EW will shred Wa St. but still lose

ndsubison1
08-29-2016, 02:24 AM
Maybe. They were good last year and still lost to Portland State. It will tell us a lot about EW. Based on recent history EW will shred Wa St. but still lose

That was first game last year and bring back a lot. including Kalk at QB

MrSnuffleupagus
08-29-2016, 12:13 PM
I hope they bring their red turf with.

bruinbison
08-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Will be anxiously checking later on DeLuca's status......
Phil Hanson sounded pessimistic on the radio after the game.

So who would back-up Matt Plank at MLB?
Does someone switch over, ala Carlton Littlejohn?
Perhaps Dan Marlette? Or Levi Jordheim, Jake Brinkman?
Or someone more unsung, like Kurt Mattox, who IIRC makes lots of
tackles in the spring games.
Or does the shirt come off of Jabril Cox, if needed?

tolnabison
08-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Would guess that we will spend a majority of the EWU game in nickel. Could see Tucker and Stumpf as our two linebackers with 5 defensive backs on the field.

bruinbison
08-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Would guess that we will spend a majority of the EWU game in nickel. Could see Tucker and Stumpf as our two linebackers with 5 defensive backs on the field.

Good point!

Depth behind DeLuca-Plank would then not be a factor until the Iowa game.

Kermit
08-29-2016, 03:20 PM

I think you are correct. And this is one of the little problems we will have to overcome if DeLuca is out. A healthy DeLuca meant the Bison could keep all 3 linebackers on the field in "nickel." Gee-Tucker could simply move a little further outside and became the "nickel" over a slot receiver. Now, they will have players running on and off the field (often late) which can result in confusion and can allow the offense to dictate the defensive personnel. We've done this fairly successfully in previous seasons, but it is a HUGE advantage to have 3 linebackers you can keep on the field in nearly any situation.

Bison03
08-29-2016, 05:04 PM
The Ottawa Red-Blacks are off the week of 9/10. I hope Brock comes back for this game. Hell, let him flip the coin!!

SoCalBison
08-29-2016, 05:49 PM
The Ottawa Red-Blacks are off the week of 9/10. I hope Brock comes back for this game. Hell, let him flip the coin!!

Damn, we can use him at linebacker! (Only partly purple!)

2011BisonAlumni
08-29-2016, 05:55 PM
I think you are correct. And this is one of the little problems we will have to overcome if DeLuca is out. A healthy DeLuca meant the Bison could keep all 3 linebackers on the field in "nickel." Gee-Tucker could simply move a little further outside and became the "nickel" over a slot receiver. Now, they will have players running on and off the field (often late) which can result in confusion and can allow the offense to dictate the defensive personnel. We've done this fairly successfully in previous seasons, but it is a HUGE advantage to have 3 linebackers you can keep on the field in nearly any situation.

Yep this right here. When we had Beck, it was like having an extra DB on the field at all times.

EC8CH
08-29-2016, 06:05 PM

Like I said before, he should catch the coin in mid air after he flips it and slam it into the ground with his hand, then turn around and walk off the field holding up the Bison Horns.

Place would go nuts.

Bison03
08-29-2016, 09:18 PM
EWU's all new o-line posing for a great pic today at practice.

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M65406f778f7031cc76dbc70f98e4649do0&w=300&h=156&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=swiss+cheese&view=detailv2&&id=76162BFBD31CBAD5F18EC03A27A6B37447E6E172&selectedIndex=26&ccid=ZUBvd49w&simid=608043546343769037&thid=OIP.M65406f778f7031cc76dbc70f98e4649do0)

BisonHorns
08-29-2016, 11:21 PM
Thinking of this game makes anger sharks swim in my head.

FrozenTech
08-29-2016, 11:24 PM
As has already been stated....

Never Forgive,
Never Forget.
This one's for Brock.

Bring the Noise Bison Nation.

1998braves64
08-30-2016, 01:29 AM
When does our buddy screaming eagle show up? He's not been heard from in awhile, I sometimes miss him!

2011BisonAlumni
08-30-2016, 03:19 AM
The biggest tragedy of the 2011-2013 teams was that they never got a chance for revenge. I don't think the 2013 defense would have allowed them to score.

Hammersmith
08-30-2016, 03:24 AM
When does our buddy screaming eagle show up? He's not been heard from in awhile, I sometimes miss him!

He's still around AGS apparently. Last login was almost a month ago. Maybe he'll peek his head up as the game draws closer.

thebigund
08-30-2016, 03:51 AM
The biggest tragedy of the 2011-2013 teams was that they never got a chance for revenge. I don't think the 2013 defense would have allowed them to score.

2012. EWU losing to SHSU robbed the FCS of an incredible title game.

1998braves64
08-30-2016, 04:39 AM
He's still around AGS apparently. Last login was almost a month ago. Maybe he'll peek his head up as the game draws closer.

My wife would kill me if I logged on to AGS too she barely lets me hang out here... Thinking that is still a trap that is going to haunt me someday though and she'll use that against me! :hide:

Hope he shows up and eats some crow.

1998braves64
08-30-2016, 04:44 AM
2012. EWU losing to SHSU robbed the FCS of an incredible title game.

Was that the change basically they had to 10 yard line and pretty much would have been the dagger if they scored and Adams threw a pick or something... Turnover on downs after getting stuffed on short yardage something, or am I thinking of the wrong game. I remembered thinking this was going to be a great title game and then SHSU ruined it and made it a repeat.

Think screaming eagle showed up here that time too before the game pretty confident they were going to beat NDSU in Frisco, never came and ate his crow then either.

EC8CH
08-30-2016, 04:47 AM
Was that the change basically they had to 10 yard line and pretty much would have been the dagger if they scored and Adams threw a pick or something... Turnover on downs after getting stuffed on short yardage something, or am I thinking of the wrong game. I remembered thinking this was going to be a great title game and then SHSU ruined it and made it a repeat.

Think screaming eagle showed up here that time too before the game pretty confident they were going to beat NDSU in Frisco, never came and ate his crow then either.

Towson was the semi game where Adams got stuffed on the goal line and they were out of timeouts so time ran out. They would have had another play if he would have thrown it away.

1998braves64
08-30-2016, 05:06 AM
Towson was the semi game where Adams got stuffed on the goal line and they were out of timeouts so time ran out. They would have had another play if he would have thrown it away.

You are correct the ewu/shsu 2012 was the one were SHSU almost choked away a 35-0 halftime lead.

thebigund
08-30-2016, 02:02 PM
You are correct the ewu/shsu 2012 was the one were SHSU almost choked away a 35-0 halftime lead.

I wish there was a good highlight video of that game somewhere. I wasn't able to watch it and had to follow with the espn game tracker and the suspense at the end was intense. Still can't believe that it was 35-0 in the first half.

Mr Pep Band
08-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Phantom Fumble my Shiny Metal A$$!!! :ranting:

I hope we rack up 40+ on them and Red Turf Demons are held to negative rushing yardage!!!

I still vividly remember watching the end of that game on 12-11-10 in the FargoDome right before the UND basketball game.

bisonsupporter
08-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Someone has to ask.....anyone know who the officiating crew will be?

2011BisonAlumni
08-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Phantom Fumble my Shiny Metal A$$!!! :ranting:

I hope we rack up 40+ on them and Red Turf Demons are held to negative rushing yardage!!!

I still vividly remember watching the end of that game on 12-11-10 in the FargoDome right before the UND basketball game.

I was sitting in the turf. Went from drinking and giving high fives to friends, thinking NDSU was going to the semi finals, to utter disappointment. Had tickets to watch the NDSU/UND basketball game in the dome afterwards which ended up being a low energy blowout. I remember some UND fans coming into the turf and cheating against NDSU. When the Bison lost they started singing fuck the Bison in the ass (to the tune of Hail the Bison). Friend of mine was drunk and ended up laying one of those guys out later on that night.

NodakNate
08-30-2016, 02:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that EWU had like a 4th and 19 or something like that on the final drive, one or no timeouts, and not a lot of time. I remember thinking we had it in the bag for sure because our defense was playing well, and then they drove the length of the field to tie the game. It was just demoralizing. Not to mention the phantom personal foul call on our lineman as we were driving late in the 4th to make it a two score game.

Ugh..

CivilBison96
08-30-2016, 02:34 PM

Adams didn't get stuffed at the goal line at the end of the game. With about 1:30 left EW went for it on 4th and 2 from about their 28 and Adams overthrew a wide open Kupp by about 6" at the 10 and Towson drove down and scored with 0:17 left. Subsequent possession Adams threw an interception to end the game.

Bison03
08-30-2016, 04:35 PM
5 conference titles later...
5 national championships later...
72 wins later...
Watching the end of that game still hurts. I think the players will have extra motivation for this one. Sure, none of them were here when that game happened. But you always hear players talk about how they play for their brothers that played before them. Add to it that this was our last and only playoff loss in our FCS history and I have to believe that players and fans like will be extra pumped up.

ndsubison1
08-30-2016, 04:49 PM
I don't think the players will be worried at all about what happened in 2010

17>1
08-30-2016, 04:51 PM
5 conference titles later...
5 national championships later...
72 wins later...
Watching the end of that game still hurts. I think the players will have extra motivation for this one. Sure, none of them were here when that game happened. But you always hear players talk about how they play for their brothers that played before them. Add to it that this was our last and only playoff loss in our FCS history and I have to believe that players and fans like will be extra pumped up.

^this here

I know the circumstances kind of sucked with a questionable call at the end of that game, and I'm sure those players would have loved to get another shot at them. But I gotta think that the bolded above would heal just about any kind of pain or bitterness.

I had started a pretty lengthy post earlier about the adventure my dad and I had on that memorable trip to "The Tampon" in 2010. If any of you are interested in hearing about it, and maybe sharing some of your own thoughts and stories about it, let me know and I'll have a story time.

17>1
08-31-2016, 03:27 AM
Anyone else feel like we'll see what our D line is really all about in this game? With a spread em out chuck the pigskin offense, I gotta think our guys are going to pin their ears back and get after that QB. IIRC from what I might've read somewhere, don't these guys have a pretty young line as well? Corners gotta cover for just long enough, and it should be a long day for the kid under center......err I mean in shotgun.

Bison20
08-31-2016, 03:33 AM
Anyone else feel like we'll see what our D line is really all about in this game? With a spread em out chuck the pigskin offense, I gotta think our guys are going to pin their ears back and get after that QB. IIRC from what I might've read somewhere, don't these guys have a pretty young line as well? Corners gotta cover for just long enough, and it should be a long day for the kid under center......err I mean in shotgun.

The d-line is going to need to dominate their young offensive line. Should have lots of pressure and be able to confuse them with blitzes. Not sure what to think about moving Grimsley down to cover the slot receiver in nickel packages. Really hope Kelley and dom Davis can figure out the defense and make an impact

56BISON73
08-31-2016, 03:59 AM

Last time Screaming Beagle was on AGS he was trying to drum up money for a funeral. Other than that hes been gone for sometime.

56BISON73
08-31-2016, 04:14 AM
^this here

I know the circumstances kind of sucked with a questionable call at the end of that game, and I'm sure those players would have loved to get another shot at them. But I gotta think that the bolded above would heal just about any kind of pain or bitterness.

I had started a pretty lengthy post earlier about the adventure my dad and I had on that memorable trip to "The Tampon" in 2010. If any of you are interested in hearing about it, and maybe sharing some of your own thoughts and stories about it, let me know and I'll have a story time.

If the D would have stopped them from marching down the field and scoring we wouldnt have needed last minute heroics. We couldnt finish which put us in a position that you never want to be in---you never put yourself in a position where the officials can determine the outcome of a game.
I think people forget that EWU ran up almost 200 yards on the ground in there first 3 possessions.

Was it a questionable call? Yep. But thats part of the game. Those call dont always go your way. But we shouldnt have been in that position to begin with.

We were also the last team picked for the playoffs that year. We had an iffy record and as they say---we backed in to the playoffs.

El_Chapo
08-31-2016, 04:22 AM
I don't think the players will be worried at all about what happened in 2010

BULL CRAP. they already talking on social media to former 2010 players... Brock, Ryan smith, M Will, Gatling, DJ etc... THEY WANT NDSU TO CRUSH EWU HARD

slips
08-31-2016, 05:01 AM

Key to the game right there. If we cant pressure them with our front 4 going to be a close and frustrating game. If we do the Bison should roll them up pretty good.

gumby013
08-31-2016, 01:51 PM
EWU's game notes for their Washington State game.

Depth Chart on pages 13-14.

http://goeags.com/documents/2016/8/29//16fbRelease.pdf

EDIT: Starting true freshmen at Left Tackle and Left Guard.

EC8CH
08-31-2016, 02:06 PM
EWU's game notes for their Washington State game.

Depth Chart on pages 13-14.

http://goeags.com/documents/2016/8/29//16fbRelease.pdf

EDIT: Starting true freshmen at Left Tackle and Left Guard.

Big Money at Menards!

17>1
08-31-2016, 02:09 PM
If the D would have stopped them from marching down the field and scoring we wouldnt have needed last minute heroics. We couldnt finish which put us in a position that you never want to be in---you never put yourself in a position where the officials can determine the outcome of a game.
I think people forget that EWU ran up almost 200 yards on the ground in there first 3 possessions.

Was it a questionable call? Yep. But thats part of the game. Those call dont always go your way. But we shouldnt have been in that position to begin with.

We were also the last team picked for the playoffs that year. We had an iffy record and as they say---we backed in to the playoffs.

I agree PL, I only commented on the call because that seems to be the most consistent thing people refer to when looking back at this game. If we play the "if only this would've happened" card, then we could say the offense should've went for that 4 & 2 on the EW 35(?) yard line instead of punting, and we pick up the first, and then our D not holding them on that final drive isn't discussed. Or what if Taiwan Jones doesn't get hurt with an ankle? The kid probably runs for 300 yards in that game and we aren't even talking about a close game, but instead a blowout. Yep, we were the last team in, but we weren't playing like a team that backed in IMO. Something changed at Montana State, and the Bison have been rolling ever since.

Rixen
08-31-2016, 03:01 PM
Thanks to the depth chart linked previously:

LT: Fr
LG: Fr
C: Sr
RG: So
RT: So

Their Oline is inexperienced for the most part but great size. All in the 6'4+ and 300+ range. Excited to see this matchup. Really wish we had a healthy Deluca for this matchup. Love his ability to guard the underneath stuff since we will hopefully be forcing their QB into quick throws.

Rixen
08-31-2016, 03:06 PM
Also of note, their top 3 starting WRs, TE, and RB are all seniors. Will be a fun challenge for our guys!

ZHerd
08-31-2016, 04:20 PM
Again, last year they threw for over 500 yds and 35 pts on a UNI defense that had a good pass rush and a better secondary than ours currently is. They have the same QB and both of their stud receivers so we better just hope their o-line stinks. Regardless I'm guessing they throw for 300+ on us. Our offense will have to be able to run, keep them off the field and finish with TD's. I don't think that field goals will cut it

wagsabison
08-31-2016, 04:27 PM
Again, last year they threw for over 500 yds and 35 pts on a UNI defense that had a good pass rush and a better secondary than ours currently is. They have the same QB and both of their stud receivers so we better just hope their o-line stinks. Regardless I'm guessing they throw for 300+ on us. Our offense will have to be able to run, keep them off the field and finish with TD's. I don't think that field goals will cut it

They do put up crazy stats. The slow methodical pace of our offense will really help our defense out for this one.

ZHerd
08-31-2016, 04:43 PM
They do put up crazy stats. The slow methodical pace of our offense will really help our defense out for this one.

Definitely a contrast of styles. Actually the first three games are quite the buffet line of offensive systems

Jude3
08-31-2016, 04:50 PM
What I'm really hoping for is that the team goes into this game with a nastiness or a killer instinct. Obviously I do not mean that we should injure them, I just want the whole team to play on a physical level that we didn't see against CSU. I'm thinking about Brock Jensen in the Kansas State game and how you could just tell in his eyes that he was dialed in and refused to lose. Oh and cut the penalty crap at the most inopportune times! That just really destroyed momentum!

tony
08-31-2016, 05:12 PM
I predict that this game is going to be a lot like last year's game against Montana.

I'll tell you which one in about 10 days.

1998braves64
08-31-2016, 05:32 PM
I agree PL, I only commented on the call because that seems to be the most consistent thing people refer to when looking back at this game. If we play the "if only this would've happened" card, then we could say the offense should've went for that 4 & 2 on the EW 35(?) yard line instead of punting, and we pick up the first, and then our D not holding them on that final drive isn't discussed. Or what if Taiwan Jones doesn't get hurt with an ankle? The kid probably runs for 300 yards in that game and we aren't even talking about a close game, but instead a blowout. Yep, we were the last team in, but we weren't playing like a team that backed in IMO. Something changed at Montana State, and the Bison have been rolling ever since.

Robert Morris the weekend before they played lights out too so it would have been since that game!

17>1
08-31-2016, 05:59 PM
Robert Morris the weekend before they played lights out too so it would have been since that game!

Well, while I agree they had a good game against Bob U, I think we were probably the heavy favorites to win that game at home. But I feel that the next week on the road as an underdog based upon seeding and the way we won that game, is when we started to really believe the Bison could win the whole thing. They played "Code Green" defense in that game and ran the ball with a physical style that has really become something we've been seeing ever since. I guess we all have our opinions about these sorts of thing and no one is right or wrong, just our own perspectives which makes for great football conversation.

Bisonwinagn
08-31-2016, 06:39 PM

I saw somewhere their backup QB was starting this week. Not sure if he won the job or other reasons.

ZHerd
08-31-2016, 07:20 PM
I saw somewhere their backup QB was starting this week. Not sure if he won the job or other reasons.

I've heard twice on the radio that they still have not declared a starter. If their backup is really better than West, that is a bit disconcerting

Bisonfanatical
08-31-2016, 07:39 PM
I predict that this game is going to be a lot like last year's game against Montana.

I'll tell you which one in about 10 days.
Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
08-31-2016, 07:46 PM
Well, while I agree they had a good game against Bob U, I think we were probably the heavy favorites to win that game at home.
Well... Emory Hunt picked Robert Morris to win that one, so there's that.

1998braves64
09-01-2016, 12:44 AM
Well, while I agree they had a good game against Bob U, I think we were probably the heavy favorites to win that game at home. But I feel that the next week on the road as an underdog based upon seeding and the way we won that game, is when we started to really believe the Bison could win the whole thing. They played "Code Green" defense in that game and ran the ball with a physical style that has really become something we've been seeing ever since. I guess we all have our opinions about these sorts of thing and no one is right or wrong, just our own perspectives which makes for great football conversation.

Maybe, but since our previous game was us laying an egg at Missouri state in which on paper we should have handled easily. I didn't have confidence that they would necessarily bounce back and beat Bob u either. The beginning of the game was all excitement since it was our first home playoff game since 1990? Which probably helped and yeah were able to carry that all the way to fette screwing us.

THEsocalledfan
09-01-2016, 01:05 AM
Fette cannot protect them in this game.

BisoninNWMN
09-01-2016, 11:26 AM
I've heard twice on the radio that they still have not declared a starter. If their backup is really better than West, that is a bit disconcerting

Baldwin playing games....

17>1
09-01-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm looking very forward to having Cooper Kupp in the FFD next Saturday. Always nice to see a tremendous athlete come in and compete against the Bison. Our secondary will have their hands full with him. Gotta keep the QB uncomfortable all day and sustain a ton of pressure, and hit him whenever we get the chance.

wagsabison
09-01-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm looking very forward to having Cooper Kupp in the FFD next Saturday. Always nice to see a tremendous athlete come in and compete against the Bison. Our secondary will have their hands full with him. Gotta keep the QB uncomfortable all day and sustain a ton of pressure, and hit him whenever we get the chance.

I agree. He very well could go down as one of the best FCS WR's ever (tough to top Jerry Rice).

GOBISON123
09-01-2016, 06:33 PM
If our CBs hold their own against Cooper Kupp, the best WR in the country, they will get some looks during the draft season.

Bisonfanatical
09-01-2016, 06:39 PM
True
If our CB's hold their own against kupp, this will be a great season. (and a well rounded game on the 17th .. imo)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1993bison
09-01-2016, 08:36 PM
When was the last time a one man show took it to the Bison?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BFKasper14
09-01-2016, 08:51 PM

Rhett Bomar for Sam Houston had a crazy game against us at the Dome. We won, but holy shit that kid was a baller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17>1
09-01-2016, 08:58 PM

One that I can think of and already mentioned, and coincidentally the same opponent, Taiwan Jones was having himself a game against us before he rolled an ankle.

Edit: Injured early in the 4th quarter and here I thought it was much earlier than that. 20 carries, 242 yards, 1 TD and an 11.5 YPC Avg.

semobison
09-01-2016, 08:59 PM
If our CBs hold their own against Cooper Kupp, the best WR in the country, they will get some looks during the draft season.

Huh! Our corners are both underclassmen! The key for our defense is getting pressure. If their QB gets comfortable and has time this could be a tough game for our young CB's. They are going to need some help. Worst case senario is if our defense has to respect the run, which I think/hope is unlikely.

StL Bison Fan
09-01-2016, 09:00 PM

Zack Zenner

Oh, wait! Never mind...

Mr Meaty
09-01-2016, 09:02 PM

Al Bundy????

1993bison
09-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Zack Zenner

Oh, wait! Never mind...
Ok,. Just don't forget who "coined the phrase". The "Zenner"

NDSUBowler
09-01-2016, 09:06 PM
I remember thinking no one was going to be able to stop Jerick McKinnon in the semis in 2011.

2/5 passing for 91 and td
31 for 168 rushing and td

BISON24
09-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Zack Zenner

Oh, wait! Never mind...

Zenner did play a pretty good game his last trip to the FargoDome in the playoffs.

17>1
09-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Zenner did play a pretty good game his trip to the FargoDome in the playoffs.

Agreed, he was on a mission that day. 32 for 133 and 2 TD's. But Legendowski and some guy named Wentz had the last laugh.

Christopher Moen
09-01-2016, 10:20 PM

David Johnson was a beast in his last three games against the Bison. Thankfully, between injuries and the UNI coaching staff's inability to know how to use him better, he only cost NDSU one defeat.

Last year, I think both Brady Gustafson and Aaron Bailey were dangerous against NDSU in their respective first games against the Bison. Not so much for both of them during their second match-ups with the Bison due to NDSU's defense maturing into a nasty machine.

bisononce
09-01-2016, 11:18 PM

He didn't take it to the Bison, as in creating a win but, Eric Breitensein of Wofford gave our defense all they could handle in the 14-7 only NDSU win in the 2012 playoffs. Breitenstein was close to a one-man show with 135 yards and two pass receptions. The Terriers had a decent offensive line. Wofford had the ball close in toward the end but ran out of downs.

ndsubison1
09-02-2016, 05:34 AM
I think we run all over them and the defense plays well again

56BISON73
09-02-2016, 05:36 AM
He didn't take it to the Bison, as in creating a win but, Eric Breitensein of Wofford gave our defense all they could handle in the 14-7 only NDSU win in the 2012 playoffs. Breitenstein was close to a one-man show with 135 yards and two pass receptions. The Terriers had a decent offensive line. Wofford had the ball close in toward the end but ran out to downs.

That guy was a beast. Im still impressed by that guys performance..

BisonNeil
09-02-2016, 09:42 PM
I think we run all over them and the defense plays well again

I dunno, the run offense concerns me.

The OL did not play well, were easily confused on passing and running play blitzes. The TEs frequently whiffed in space and lacked any real significant push at the point of attack.

Previous to the last game I wasn't concerned about the FB position but I am now. Obviously the RFr FBs aren't ready otherwise they would have played. Morlock played some FB but he lacks the punch you need on a DE or LB. Mostly the Bison went with one back sets and I think the running attack will suffer some without a true FB. I think most of the RBs struggled to make the transition of not having a FB, with the possible exception of Dunn.

But the run game concerns me and if it isn't strong then I am really concerned about Stick's ability to be effective in a typical west coast offensive passing game. He completely ignored the TEs for the most part. There were three passes that would be pick sixes against a better defense so that aspect continues to concern me ever since the Richmond game. Hope I am wrong.

bisonaudit
09-02-2016, 09:52 PM
I dunno, the run offense concerns me.

The OL did not play well, were easily confused on passing and running play blitzes. The TEs frequently whiffed in space and lacked any real significant push at the point of attack.

Previous to the last game I wasn't concerned about the FB position but I am now. Obviously the RFr FBs aren't ready otherwise they would have played. Morlock played some FB but he lacks the punch you need on a DE or LB. Mostly the Bison went with one back sets and I think the running attack will suffer some without a true FB. I think most of the RBs struggled to make the transition of not having a FB, with the possible exception of Dunn.

But the run game concerns me and if it isn't strong then I am really concerned about Stick's ability to be effective in a typical west coast offensive passing game. He completely ignored the TEs for the most part. There were three passes that would be pick sixes against a better defense so that aspect continues to concern me ever since the Richmond game. Hope I am wrong.

Better defense?

Bison Loaf
09-02-2016, 10:17 PM

3 come to my mind…………………..Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern 2012………………….Johnny Towalid, Indiana State 2012…………………and…………………..wait for it…………………………………

………...Bill Fette, Eastern Washington 2010.

EC8CH
09-02-2016, 11:15 PM
3 come to my mind…………………..Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern 2012………………….Johnny Towalid, Indiana State 2012…………………and…………………..wait for it…………………………………

Worth the wait.

BisonNeil
09-03-2016, 12:00 AM
Better defense?

Oh yeah, but running all over them is an entirely different issue.

semobison
09-03-2016, 01:13 PM

Fette?....Wasn't he the guy who came in for Taiwan Jones when he was injured?

BisManBison
09-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Fette?....Wasn't he the guy who came in for Taiwan Jones when he was injured?

Lol, no, he was the replay official for the game.

BisoninNWMN
09-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Bison rush for over 300 in this game.

semobison
09-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Lol, no, he was the replay official for the game.

Should have used purple! Got the response I was looking for though...lol!

BisManBison
09-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Hook, line and sinker ��

Bison03
09-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Revenge will be sweet this Saturday.

wtffootballfan
09-04-2016, 03:42 AM
EWU looks really good. This is EWU's qb numbers.

Eastern Washington Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
Gage Gubrud
34/40 474 11.9 5 1

GOBISON123
09-04-2016, 03:48 AM
That EWU WR Cooper Kupp guy is unbelievably fast. One on One those Washington State Safeties or CB never could catch him.

semobison
09-04-2016, 03:51 AM
That EWU WR Cooper Kupp guy is unbelievably fast. One on One those Washington State Safeties or CB never could catch him.

Kupp:
12 catches 212 yards.
2 rushes 29 yards.
1-1 passing 22 yards

EC8CH
09-04-2016, 03:54 AM
Kupp:
12 catches 212 yards.
2 rushes 29 yards.
1-1 passing 22 yards

He threw the ball too?!

Did he catch his own pass while he was at it?

GOBISON123
09-04-2016, 04:02 AM
Kupp:
12 catches 212 yards.
2 rushes 29 yards.
1-1 passing 22 yards

The ESPN announcer said, he is in better than Randy Moss or Jerry Rice

ZHerd
09-04-2016, 04:03 AM
This will be trial by fire for our new corners and the entire backfield.

gumby013
09-04-2016, 04:04 AM
EWU is likely to celebrate with a giant meth party.

EC8CH
09-04-2016, 04:05 AM
This will be trial by fire for our new corners and the entire backfield.

Their QB needs to be made uncomfortable.

Bisonator98
09-04-2016, 04:16 AM
Bison are going to need to play keep away. Run the damn ball!

And hit their QB hard and often!

ZHerd
09-04-2016, 04:16 AM
Their QB needs to be made uncomfortable.

Definitely, but he doesn't need a ton of time plus he can run. EW is a challenge. I do think though that it's very safe to say that the Bison have a better defense than Washington State.

KilldeerBison
09-04-2016, 04:24 AM
Bison are going to need to play keep away. Run the damn ball!

And hit their QB hard and often!

Sustained offensive drives. Limit their offensive possessions. Don't let it turn into a 50 point shootout.

EC8CH
09-04-2016, 04:28 AM
Definitely, but he doesn't need a ton of time plus he can run. EW is a challenge. I do think though that it's very safe to say that the Bison have a better defense than Washington State.

Need some good defensive game planning. Your right their QBs skill set along with their system and talented WRs really make this look challenging.

Mesabison
09-04-2016, 05:56 AM
CRUSH THAT QUARTERBACK.

Kupp can kill us , probably with one arm behind his back. We need to turn Gubrud into the scared, withering mass that UNDs Studsrud was last year.
Without an air attack, EWU is just another cupcake.

(edited for spelling)

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
09-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Being that neither team played defense, it's going to be tough figuring out how good EWU really is until NDSU plays them.

Here's the game highlights: http://www.espn.com/college-football/video?gameId=400869098

How does a P5 allow for this to happen? http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17460953

Mr Meaty
09-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Being that neither team played defense, it's going to be tough figuring out how good EWU really is until NDSU plays them.

Here's the game highlights: http://www.espn.com/college-football/video?gameId=400869098

How does a P5 allow for this to happen? http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17460953

Exactly when there is no defense it is hard to determine what is all happening. But Cupp is a baller and we will need to stop him.

gizmo
09-04-2016, 12:08 PM
One game at a time. Focus on EWU.

BisoninNWMN
09-04-2016, 12:39 PM

Both of those defenses are worthless.

EWU will probably pass it 50 times vs the Bison. The Bison DL needs to bring its A game.

BisoninNWMN
09-04-2016, 12:41 PM

Not even close.

Run the ball and have ES run more also. They will stack the box.

Bison rush for over 300.

BisonNation11
09-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Replicate the defense from the Montana playoff game last year. Methodical drives with a shot down the field once at the 50.

EC8CH
09-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Replicate the defense from the Montana playoff game last year. Methodical drives with a shot down the field once at the 50.

EWU has a more mobile QB, and a more dominant WR, but a worse defense than the Griz.

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2016, 02:08 PM
The year they beat #25 Oregon State, they lost to Towson and Sam Houston so let's not get all panicky. They never play teams that play defense.

oldmantutters
09-04-2016, 02:11 PM
It's hard to tell how good EWU really is after that game, but I am worried about this game. And this season. There are a lot of FCS teams, namely UNI and EWU that came out looking ready to play. NDSU definitely did not. But, it's now time to let the games play out and see how the chips fall.

GO BISON!

EC8CH
09-04-2016, 02:16 PM
It's hard to tell how good EWU really is after that game, but I am worried about this game. And this season. There are a lot of FCS teams, namely UNI and EWU that came out looking ready to play. NDSU definitely did not. But, it's now time to let the games play out and see how the chips fall.

GO BISON!

I love all the hope that was created last night across the FCS. Maybe this year it will be justified for some team, maybe it will all get crushed again. Gonna be fun to watch a schedule that's proving out to be one of the toughest in the FCS.

ZHerd
09-04-2016, 02:20 PM
I love all the hope that was created last night across the FCS. Maybe this year it will be justified for some team, maybe it will all get crushed again. Gonna be fun to watch a schedule that's proving out to be one of the toughest in the FCS.

The only teams with tougher schedules are probably teams that have to play us :nod:

EC8CH
09-04-2016, 02:43 PM
;)
The only teams with tougher schedules are probably teams that have to play us :nod:

Hopefully that turns out to be exactly right ;)

17>1
09-04-2016, 03:01 PM

I'm just excited to see the FCS continuing to get better every year. I'm especially excited to see teams from our own conference do well, as it makes for an even more competitive league with quality football that we get to see every week.

Things I'm looking out for in this upcoming game. Broad statement I'm sure, but how we improve overall as a team from game 1 to game 2. I also want to see improvement from our O line. I know it's missing Kuhnert, but with the depth we have I expect some more consistency. I know Chuck South threw some things at the line that created some confusion, and I'm sure EWU will attempt to do the same. Looking forward to Bachmeier getting out there in the nickle. The Deluca situation, which might turn into the Plank situation. I thought he stepped in and played pretty well after he got settled in to the flow of the game. Will Deluca even play if he's not quite 100%? With a pass happy offense, I love the idea of Nick roaming around in the middle of the field. Kid has some tremendous hands and instincts. Whoever ends up there, don't allow Kupp or anyone else to come across the middle without getting lit up. I want physical Code Green D on Saturday.

semobison
09-04-2016, 03:02 PM
EWU's leading rusher was Gubrud the QB with 77 yds, then Kupp with 29! The rest of the team had 20 something.
WSU threw 52 times, tried to beat the Eagles at their own game. Nice gameplan by the Cougars!

1993bison
09-04-2016, 04:04 PM
I don't see the EWU vs Wash State game on espn3?

bruinbison
09-04-2016, 04:09 PM
I don't see the EWU vs Wash State game on espn3?

It was on the Pac12 network.

BisoninNWMN
09-04-2016, 04:45 PM
EWU's leading rusher was Gubrud the QB with 77 yds, then Kupp with 29! The rest of the team had 20 something.
WSU threw 52 times, tried to beat the Eagles at their own game. Nice gameplan by the Cougars!

Baldwin tries to outscore the other team. Even the '10 defense was mediocre at best for EWU.

Bison need to run the ball and do it again and again and again. Pound this weak ass "finesse" passing team into the turf.

HerdBot
09-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Baldwin tries to outscore the other team. Even the '10 defense was mediocre at best for EWU.

Bison need to run the ball and do it again and again and again. Pound this weak ass "finesse" passing team into the turf.

Yep. Long methodical drives to get their offense out of rhythm. With their pass happy offense, the dome crowd could be a major factor. We better bring it this week. This is a game we need our pass rushers to be a major force

MontBison
09-04-2016, 05:47 PM

Problem is polesack is our OC which means he's going to try to throw the ball 30 times....

56BISON73
09-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Problem is polesack is our OC which means he's going to try to throw the ball 30 times....

He cant stand prosperity. Last game we had a series where the backs are ripping off 9-10 yards a carry while moving the chains and what does he call for? Yep a pass on first down.

RonMexico
09-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Yep. Long methodical drives to get their offense out of rhythm. With their pass happy offense, the dome crowd could be a major factor. We better bring it this week. This is a game we need our pass rushers to be a major force

And after watching that game...I just have a sinking feeling that Polasek is going to have Slick slinging the ball around the field to try and prove he has just as good a passing game as EWU.

ZHerd
09-04-2016, 06:46 PM
And after watching that game...I just have a sinking feeling that Polasek is going to have Slick slinging the ball around the field to try and prove he has just as good a passing game as EWU.

Where are people getting this from? They have NEVER had Stick fling the ball around. If anything I wouldn't mind seeing a more dangerous passing game but Stick doesn't see the field well enough yet. Polasek's problem, as has been pointed out is his timing. Something can be working and he'll get cute with something else. A RB can rip off a couple nice runs and gets replaced by someone else.

daddy daycare
09-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Ground and pound. 40-20 minute T.O.P.

56BISON73
09-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Ground and pound. 40-20 minute T.O.P.

I know we had a couple of series last year where we took the ball and ran it every play to the end zone. When you have a D on their heel you gotta pound them in to sand.

HerdBot
09-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Here's the play by play announcer for Eastern Washington
on The Insiders
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/interview-larry-weir-pxp-man-for-eastern-washington-september-1-2016

2011BisonAlumni
09-04-2016, 08:04 PM

You never will win a game if you don't outscore the other team.

MontBison
09-04-2016, 08:07 PM

All. Of. This.

sbark
09-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Kinda depends on how many they bring up into the box to stop the run................might decide to force Polacek/Sticks choices as the lessor of 2 evils for them

Tony Almeida
09-04-2016, 08:49 PM
I'm with all of you about our run game...but...I want to see less passes toward the sidelines and more in-routes than out routes and a deep ball more than twice a game...this will complement our run game very nicely.

Bisonwinagn
09-04-2016, 08:57 PM
I'm with all of you about our run game...but...I want to see less passes toward the sidelines and more in-routes than out routes and a deep ball more than twice a game...this will complement our run game very nicely.

Agreed. When a team plays 10 guys at the line of scrimmage like CSU did they need to send guys deep almost every play. Also TE posts would be hard to cover. I don't get the 5 yard outs when the defense is already standing there.

HerdBot
09-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Kinda depends on how many they bring up into the box to stop the run................might decide to force Polacek/Sticks choices as the lessor of 2 evils for them

I want to see less snaps out of the shot gun and more play action.

ZHerd
09-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Agreed. When a team plays 10 guys at the line of scrimmage like CSU did they need to send guys deep almost every play. Also TE posts would be hard to cover. I don't get the 5 yard outs when the defense is already standing there.

Especially since Stick isn't even good at throwing outs but tosses a nice deep ball

scottietohottie
09-04-2016, 10:25 PM
We invented team color turf. Suck it ewu. Paybacks a bitch.

Christopher Moen
09-04-2016, 11:14 PM
I'm predicting that NDSU's backfield is going to have at least three INT's in this game.

BisoninNWMN
09-04-2016, 11:18 PM

30 times?

If the Bison throw it that many times, chances are they lose.

56BISON73
09-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Especially since Stick isn't even good at throwing outs but tosses a nice deep ball

Its never good when he starts that wind up. Its an indication of a tight window---throwing in to coverage or one of those out patterns.

Bisonator98
09-05-2016, 12:59 AM
I want to see less snaps out of the shot gun and more play action.

I think with Stick we will see more from the gun. Sticks a read option QB. It's definitely not my favorite offense but it's his skill set so we'll have to go with it.

scottietohottie
09-05-2016, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdRyGV0kJuY

A1pigskin
09-05-2016, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdRyGV0kJuY

I have PTSD from that.

X-Factor
09-05-2016, 01:10 PM
30 times?

Why? Stick threw is 27 times against CSU, a much better defense. I say when youre ballanced offensively like we are, you take what the defense gives you.

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Why? Stick threw is 27 times against CSU, a much better defense. I say when youre ballanced offensively like we are, you take what the defense gives you.

Because the Bison should be able to run the ball against this defense. EWU gave up 250 rushing yards/game last year.

semobison
09-05-2016, 02:24 PM
30 times?

I thought this was our cupcake game....... I agree they are going to stack the box so...we may have to throw to loosen things up. Ideally our offense has some balance and keeps defenses guessing which eventually opens up our power run game! On defense, we are going to learn a lot more about our young corners Saturday.

gizmo
09-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Pressure/sack their QB. Game over. Of course, it's easier said than done. Defensive plan will have to be very sound.

Clawman
09-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Eagle fan here. My wife and I will be coming to your fine city for the game on Friday. Will it be a sold out game? Will tickets be hard to find?

BisonNeil
09-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Eagle fan here. My wife and I will be coming to your fine city for the game on Friday. Will it be a sold out game? Will tickets be hard to find?

You probably have a much better chance getting a ticket through the allottment EWU gets for the game. Good luck.

17>1
09-05-2016, 03:00 PM

What Neil said. Call your ticket office and see if there are any available in the EWU allotment. I'm sure there'll be plenty as I don't anticipate a large group coming from your fan base.

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2016, 03:00 PM

Good luck!

BisManBison
09-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Plenty of tickets here:

http://www.stubhub.com/north-dakota-state-bison-football-tickets-north-dakota-state-vs-eastern-washington-9-10-2016/event/9560611/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=true&qtyq=true&dUpg=false&sort=price+asc

But as others have said, check with EWU's ticket office first.

cbline
09-05-2016, 05:19 PM

All games were sold out in less than an hour when tickets went on sale for the general public back in August (minus the allotments for visiting teams).

MNLonghorn10
09-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Could find scalpers in the lobby or tailgate lot looking to unload for cheaper than stubhub

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2016, 05:26 PM
There were a handful of CSU people at the game last week. There have to be some team allotment tickets.

HerdBoy
09-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Probably a better team than most folks were thinking much like Chuck South. Going to find out where the Bison secondary is at which I think is a good thing since we have Iowa next on the schedule.

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Coach K just said on his presser that they want to run the ball 50 times against EWU......:nod:

17>1
09-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Coach K just said on his presser that they want to run the ball 50 times against EWU......:nod:

Sweet, the presser! Thanks for the reminder, that should pass some time at work today ;)

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2016, 05:50 PM
We as fans need to bring our A game on Saturday.

EWU's offense is a lot of rhythm and noise can/will disrupt it.

Hey you guys in section 21.....better bring it on Saturday......:biggrin:

Ndsu84
09-05-2016, 10:07 PM

Your allotment tickets are on the goal line. I assume there are plenty. Otherwise you should be able to buy some in the tailgate. I have some extra but I'm not sure you'll know when to yell and when to keep quiet. :)

My cousin was a running back for the Eagles 30 years ago but they brought in a back who he felt was far better than him so he moved on. His daughter goes there now.

Do you have anyone playing for EW?

MontBison
09-05-2016, 10:42 PM

Which is code for throwing the ball 50 times. Just wait and see polesack is going to try to throw the ball all over the dam place.

tony
09-05-2016, 11:36 PM
Sheesh. Counter-argument: NDSU can't win championships if our OC's butthole puckers at the thought of throwing a pass... especially against a defense that is helpless against it.

VirginiaBison
09-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Sheesh. Counter-argument: NDSU can't win championships if our OC's butthole puckers at the thought of throwing a pass... especially against a defense that is helpless against it.
Tony, Tony, Tony.... MontBison has over 1,000 posts. I could understand your reaction if I posted it... but this poster is a pro....

Mr Meaty
09-06-2016, 12:25 AM
Which is code for throwing the ball 50 times. Just wait and see polesack is going to try to throw the ball all over the dam place.

I am afraid of the same thing. Coach P sometimes tries to prove he is the smartest guy in the room. Stick to our strengths.

MontBison
09-06-2016, 12:33 AM

It makes total sense to run it but thats why we won't. Maybe I'm in the minority here but there is no way we win the national title last year if Carson doesn't get hurt. It forced coach P to run the dam ball which is why we're the 5x defending national champs. What I saw in the first game is that coach P thinks Easton can throw the ball all over the field which is fine but it's that kind of play that will cost us before you know it. I'm just sayin....

CAS4127
09-06-2016, 12:39 AM
I am afraid of the same thing. Coach P sometimes tries to prove he is the smartest guy in the room. Stick to our strengths.

If you listened to last segment tonight, which was CP, you'd know he isn't.

That said, I called in and asked about adjustment/reaction to power run if EWU or anyone else this year tries to do what CSU did, and CK was adamant they have the adjustment in place. Could also tell CK was not a fan of what CSU did. I agree with him. Cheap way to defend, and dangerous to knees of our OLinemen.

Sent from my iPhone.

gumby013
09-06-2016, 12:52 AM
5 Dimes has NDSU -18.5.

Not sure what to think of that.

BisonNeil
09-06-2016, 12:58 AM
It makes total sense to run it but thats why we won't. Maybe I'm in the minority here but there is no way we win the national title last year if Carson doesn't get hurt. It forced coach P to run the dam ball which is why we're the 5x defending national champs. What I saw in the first game is that coach P thinks Easton can throw the ball all over the field which is fine but it's that kind of play that will cost us before you know it. I'm just sayin....

FWIW, I agree with you.

BisoninNWMN
09-06-2016, 01:03 AM

I agree.

Running is to easy. Hopefully ES does not throw some of those passes that were almost picked off by CSU.

56BISON73
09-06-2016, 01:07 AM

The good thing was it made us go back to what we do best in stead of our Os success relying or revolving around one person.

ZHerd
09-06-2016, 01:08 AM
5 Dimes has NDSU -18.5.

Not sure what to think of that.

I would be shocked if NDSU covered that. Second consecutive game where we're apparently playing Misery St.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-06-2016, 01:27 AM
Could find scalpers in the lobby or tailgate lot looking to unload for cheaper than stubhub

Have there been many tickets available in the lots lately? Been curious about that.

Ndsu84
09-06-2016, 01:31 AM
The tailgate group a couple rows west of the dome and a couple south have a ticket board. I thought they had a dozen for sale last week.

Clawman
09-06-2016, 03:33 AM
Your allotment tickets are on the goal line. I assume there are plenty. Otherwise you should be able to buy some in the tailgate. I have some extra but I'm not sure you'll know when to yell and when to keep quiet. :)

My cousin was a running back for the Eagles 30 years ago but they brought in a back who he felt was far better than him so he moved on. His daughter goes there now.

Do you have anyone playing for EW?

No just a fan, we try to make it to all of the games. In this case we are from Aberdeen so combine the game with a family visit.

slips
09-06-2016, 04:55 AM
We as fans need to bring our A game on Saturday.

EWU's offense is a lot of rhythm and noise can/will disrupt it.

Hey you guys in section 21.....better bring it on Saturday......:biggrin:

I thought section 21 did pretty good on opening night.

gizmo
09-07-2016, 03:07 AM
4 days until EWU. Go Bison!

El_Chapo
09-07-2016, 03:17 AM
I cant wait to play our basic defensive packages and shut them down!

StL Bison Fan
09-07-2016, 04:09 AM
Tweet from JJ

Just in: E. Washington vs. NDSU showdown has been picked up by ESPN College Extra and has been given @DIRECTV channel 791 Saturday.

Christopher Moen
09-07-2016, 04:39 AM
2013: Eastern Washington beats #25 Oregon State 49-46
2014: Washington beats Eastern Washington 59-52
2015: #7 Oregon beats Eastern Washington 61-42
2016: Eastern Washington beats Washington State 45-42

Doesn't seem like Eastern Washington's high-scoring victory this past weekend was anything out of the ordinary.

My prediction, NDSU shows up mean and nasty and wins 38-20.

Clawman
09-07-2016, 05:03 AM
2013: Eastern Washington beats #25 Oregon State 49-46
2014: Washington beats Eastern Washington 59-52
2015: #7 Oregon beats Eastern Washington 61-42
2016: Eastern Washington beats Washington State 45-42

Doesn't seem like Eastern Washington's high-scoring victory this past weekend was anything out of the ordinary.

My prediction, NDSU shows up mean and nasty and wins 38-20.

Christopher;
Help me understand, in the 4 Pac 12 games you cited the Eagles averaged 47 points. Your prediction is they will only score 20. That implies the Bison defense is twice as good as those 4 Pac 12 teams. What am I missing?
On another topic I've read Bison fans predicting they will hold Kupp to under 100 yds.

All Kupp has done to warrant the success is score 11 touchdowns receiving in four games versus the Pac-12 on a total of 40 catches for 716 yards. That's an average of 17.9 yards per catch and a TD every 3.6 grabs against the four Pac-12 schools in the Pacific Northwest – Washington State, Washington, Oregon and Oregon State.

Why do you think the Bison can do that?

Christopher Moen
09-07-2016, 05:27 AM
Christopher;
Help me understand, in the 4 Pac 12 games you cited the Eagles averaged 47 points. Your prediction is they will only score 20. That implies the Bison defense is twice as good as those 4 Pac 12 teams. What am I missing?
On another topic I've read Bison fans predicting they will hold Kupp to under 100 yds.

All Kupp has done to warrant the success is score 11 touchdowns receiving in four games versus the Pac-12 on a total of 40 catches for 716 yards. That's an average of 17.9 yards per catch and a TD every 3.6 grabs against the four Pac-12 schools in the Pacific Northwest – Washington State, Washington, Oregon and Oregon State.

Simple answer, it's what they do, it's who they are...they're the Bison. Focusing on fundamental defense skills and schemes isn't forgotten at NDSU. Just ask the Big Sky Conference killer, Sam Houston State.

If EWU can score that much against PAC-12 teams, why would they then struggle against any FCS teams, let alone tank it nearly every year they're in play-offs since they won it in 2010? Maybe those PAC-12 teams aren't as good on defense as many want to believe. Hence why Vernon Adams (and now Dakota Prukop) was able to go to Oregon and tear them up like he did against Big Sky Conference teams.

FYI, I can see Kupp getting over 100 yards and 2 TD's. The problem for your team is how are they going to stop NDSU's offense from holding on the ball for at least 38 minutes?

56BISON73
09-07-2016, 05:30 AM
Christopher;

Let me take a shot at this.

For the last 10 years we have been told that this player or that player is going to kill us. We have been told that" we cant compete with the southern speed," weve been told we didnt match up size wise or speed wise with a host of Big 12 teams. You name what we werent or supposedly cant do and weve heard it. During that time we have proven everyone wrong. So you will have to excuse us if we arent afraid of the competition. We-us know that the kid is a hell of an athlete and acknowledge that the kid is a play maker. The Bison have some pretty good play makers also.
Good luck this Saturday. Should be one hell of a game.

2011BisonAlumni
09-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Let me take a shot at this.

For the last 10 years we have been told that this player or that player is going to kill us. We have been told that" we cant compete with the southern speed," weve been told we didnt match up size wise or speed wise with a host of Big 12 teams. You name what we werent or supposedly cant do and weve heard it. During that time we have proven everyone wrong. So you will have to excuse us if we arent afraid of the competition. We-us know that the kid is a hell of an athlete and acknowledge that the kid is a play maker. The Bison have some pretty good play makers also.
Good luck this Saturday. Should be one hell of a game.

Ya I'm sorry. NDSU has not seen a player of Kupp's caliber since going D1. Kupp is going to get his guaranteed.

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Christopher;

I won't say all PAC 12 schools, but if Deluca is healthy, they are better than a least a few PAC 12 schools, including WSU. I do admit our only weakness is CB which plays in your favor. If you QB can get the ball out quick, advantage EWU. If not, he may have a long night.

Hammerhead
09-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Look at last year's runner-up. They scored 20 points against Auburn and only 10 points vs. NDSU. They were averaging around 42 points per game until they met the Bison defense.

Christopher;

IzzyFlexion
09-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Christopher;

Washington State averaged just over 2 1/2 minutes per possession.
As long as NDSU can convert 50-60% on 3rd down, the time of possession that EWU will have will make it tough to light up the scoreboard.
Now, the "X Factor" will be the times that NDSU does have stalled drives. The Bison will need to show improvement in the punting game or there will be trouble.

Kermit
09-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Ya I'm sorry. NDSU has not seen a player of Kupp's caliber since going D1. Kupp is going to get his guaranteed.

David Johnson is/was a fantastic player. He played a different position on a different team in a different league--but I strongly believe that he was on the level of Kupp. Our defense has a big challenge this week. Offense needs to control the ball. Go Bison!

wagsabison
09-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Difficult to score points when ndsu holds the ball for 6+ minutes a possession.

BISON Thunder
09-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Washington State averaged just over 2 1/2 minutes per possession.
As long as NDSU can convert 50-60% on 3rd down, the time of possession that EWU will have will make it tough to light up the scoreboard.
Now, the "X Factor" will be the times that NDSU does have stalled drives. The Bison will need to show improvement in the punting game or there will be trouble.
^^^About sums it up right here^^^. Hope I am wrong, but I do not see our punter drastically improving over a two week period. Would not be surprised to see the Bison trying to extend drives on fourth downs.

Trumpster
09-07-2016, 01:52 PM

I mean, we did play against JJ Watt that one time. :hide:

NDSUBowler
09-07-2016, 01:55 PM
I mean, we did play against JJ Watt that one time. :hide:
And Antonio Brown!

In the same game!!!

Bison03
09-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Here are some stats from five E. Washington games last year for Kupp:

15 rec, 246 yds, 3 td against Oregon
9 rec, 179 yds, 2 td against UNI
9 rec, 91 yds, 1 td against N. Arizona
6 rec, 118 yds, 0 td against Montana
8 rec, 136 yds, 1 td against Portland St.

In most of these games, Kupp had pretty good days catching the ball and a couple you could say he dominated. But in every one of these games, E. Washington LOST THE GAME!! It's not just one player that can win you the game every time.

thebigund
09-07-2016, 02:21 PM
My thing going into this game is that Marcus Williams and CJ Smith won't be lining up across from Kupp. Dempsy is the only guy in your secondary who can consistently hang with Kupp. But none of that really matters if they can't block Menard. His speed off the edge is game changing.

Bison03
09-07-2016, 02:26 PM
My thing going into this game is that Marcus Williams and CJ Smith won't be lining up across from Kupp. Dempsy is the only guy in your secondary who can consistently hang with Kupp. But none of that really matters if they can't block Menard. His speed off the edge is game changing.

Being able to throw the ball starts at the line. Sure, NDSU has younger inexperienced corners, but the front 7 might be the best group in he FCS. If Gubrud is running for his life in the backfield, it will be pretty hard for him to have a big day.

tolnabison
09-07-2016, 02:32 PM
I feel pretty confident in Allison's abilities. Also having two experienced safeties allows us to rotate extra coverage where it is needed.

17>1
09-07-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm so excited for this game! A lot of great discussion about match ups and how our secondary will handle Kupp, and the other receivers as well. Something that I also think is very important in a game like this is tackling. We have to eliminate missed or broken tackles that end up going for a lot of YAC. Kupp will get his touches, but we have to avoid the big play from him. We should provide help over the top, but it's when he goes in motion or catches balls underneath where we need to be sound in fundamentals.

GOBISON123
09-07-2016, 03:16 PM
I am worried about the penalties.

Hammerhead
09-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Should be a whale of a game. We may not have seen a receiver like Kupp, but we have faced some very good NFL-caliber running backs like David Johnson (mentioned earlier) and Jerik McKinnon.

17>1
09-07-2016, 03:56 PM

This game will show us how much of an improvement the Bison have made from game 1 to game 2. Line play should be better, gotta be sharper in the punt game, and hopefully penalties will be at a minimum. Honestly, the only thing that really worries me about this game is the high tempo offense EWU runs and the fact that it limits our ability to rotate fresh bodies in with our depth. The thing I'm confident about that will help us with that, is our ability to control the clock offensively. We gotta win the TOP battle on Saturday.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-07-2016, 04:02 PM

Me also.

The thing that kills us the most isn't the team we play, its the fact that 70% of the time when they throw it up and has a low/medium chance of actual being caught...we get a pass interference.

17>1
09-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Me also.

The thing that kills us the most isn't the team we play, its the fact that 70% of the time when they throw it up and has a low/medium chance of actual being caught...we get a pass interference.

I think this has been addressed by Coach K in one of his post game interviews. He has challenged both of our corners to improve, and I believe they will. Man coverage like we saw against CSU is a tough thing to ask of a couple brand new starters. And it was game 1. I know I've said it before but I'll repeat it, how much a team improves between games 1 and 2 are critical. We've seen 1 game, I think we should we discuss the areas that need improving after game 2. We'll know a lot more about the 2016 NDSU Bison on Saturday afternoon.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-07-2016, 04:10 PM
I think this has been addressed by Coach K in one of his post game interviews. He has challenged both of our corners to improve, and I believe they will. Man coverage like we saw against CSU is a tough thing to ask of a couple brand new starters. And it was game 1. I know I've said it before but I'll repeat it, how much a team improves between games 1 and 2 are critical. We've seen 1 game, I think we should we discuss the areas that need improving after game 2. We'll know a lot more about the 2016 NDSU Bison on Saturday afternoon.

While I agree with you, this isn't a new problem for us. We've had this same exact problem all of last year.

BisonNation11
09-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Our DB's need to turn around and find the ball. Period. You will get away with a lot more contact if you're going for the ball in a good position to make a play on it.

CAS4127
09-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Being able to throw the ball starts at the line. Sure, NDSU has younger inexperienced corners, but the front 7 might be the best group in he FCS. If Gubrud is running for his life in the backfield, it will be pretty hard for him to have a big day.

The problem is Gubrud can run well. Containment will be the real question. Scares me, because DEs can't simply pin their ears back and go. They will have to be under control.

Sent from my iPhone.

Christopher Moen
09-07-2016, 04:35 PM

Covering a wide-receiver on a team that throws a ton compared to one that runs the triple-option offense is tough. In the first scenario, the DB's can focus on covering the WR's while the second scenario requires the DB's to focus on the WR's and the potential ball carrier getting past the second level (LB's).

Christopher Moen
09-07-2016, 04:36 PM
The problem is Gubrud can run well. Containment will be the real question. Scares me, because DEs can't simply pin their ears back and go. They will have to be under control.

Sent from my iPhone.

I have a feeling M.J. Stumpf will be teeing off on the QB anytime he breaks containment and runs.

17>1
09-07-2016, 04:40 PM
While I agree with you, this isn't a new problem for us. We've had this same exact problem all of last year.

Yeah, I hear ya. I remember one game where CJ had at least 2 PI calls and maybe even 3. When asked about it, Coach K said he likes his CB's to be physical and he doesn't want them to change that. I understand there can always be improvement in position and body control while defending, but I think these kids are coached a certain way that explains the higher amount of PI calls.

CAS4127
09-07-2016, 04:48 PM
I think I saw on Twitter that game will be televised on ESPN Extra or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone.

BisManBison
09-07-2016, 05:05 PM
And Antonio Brown!

In the same game!!!

And won!! Convincingly!

StL Bison Fan
09-07-2016, 05:10 PM
I think I saw on Twitter that game will be televised on ESPN Extra or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone.
yes you did

KilldeerBison
09-07-2016, 05:21 PM
I have a feeling M.J. Stumpf will be teeing off on the QB anytime he breaks containment and runs.

This needs to happen. WSU didn't seem to have a very good answer, when he (QB) broke from the pocket.

gizmo
09-07-2016, 05:38 PM
I won't say all PAC 12 schools, but if Deluca is healthy, they are better than a least a few PAC 12 schools, including WSU. I do admit our only weakness is CB which plays in your favor. If you QB can get the ball out quick, advantage EWU. If not, he may have a long night.

Getting the ball out quickly means short passes and then hoping the YAC comes consistently and drives can be sustained. The Bison are the best tackling team in all of football so short passes by EWU will play into our hands. EWU can only stay in this game by hitting big plays that score.

56BISON73
09-07-2016, 06:18 PM

Great players always get theres. The trick is to contain him and try to avoid the big-explosive play.

tojo70
09-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Everyone talks about the blown fumble call as the need for revenge. For me it's the cheap shot that Eagles Zach Johnson did on Austin Richard by pulling him down by his leg and the personal foul got called on Austin Richard. If that personal foul does not get called it's 3rd and 1 from about the 14-yard line with 12 minutes left and the score tied at 24. But now it's third and 16 from the 30. I spent 10 years in Montana and watched a lot of ewu football games. They've always been cheap shot a holes. Kick their asses and send them back to Spokompton

HerdBot
09-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Some good Eastern Washington content today on Bison 1660. Keith Brake interviews the head coach. Download the app to listen live today if your away from the radio. http://www.Bison1660.com

Keith Brake
‏@brake_keith
Today at 4:25 on #BrakeDown: I talk to @EWUFootball head coach Beau Baldwin about his star receiver and the value of Valley/Big Sky clashes!

Earlier today on the Insiders... Jim Allen from The Spokeman Review
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/interview-jim-allen-from-the-spokesman-review-sept-7-2016

Bison bison
09-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Turkey Buffet, Friday at the Northern.

Bison cover the spread.

Clawman
09-07-2016, 07:45 PM
According to our ticket manager NDSU required he place the order by July 31. That may be why there are not many visiting fans at your games. Anyway there are none here so I'll be shopping the tailgate area.

semobison
09-07-2016, 10:16 PM

Same position? Tyler Lockett! Tearing it up for the Seahawks. We won that game too.

EC8CH
09-07-2016, 10:31 PM
According to our ticket manager NDSU required he place the order by July 31. That may be why there are not many visiting fans at your games. Anyway there are none here so I'll be shopping the tailgate area.

That kinda sucks. Seems like this will cut down on the number of visitor returned tickets which was always a great way to grab tickets when they went on sale the Friday before games.

Clawman
09-07-2016, 10:38 PM
That kinda sucks. Seems like this will cut down on the number of visitor returned tickets which was always a great way to grab tickets when they went on sale the Friday before games.

And it probably makes it more difficult for Bison fan to get tickets when you travel.

EC8CH
09-07-2016, 10:41 PM
And it probably makes it more difficult for Bison fan to get tickets when you travel.

huh?

10char

GreenfieldBison
09-07-2016, 10:50 PM
huh?

10char

Yeah. I don't think he understands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StL Bison Fan
09-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Well, I have much more confidence in a win Saturday.
Izzo tweeted that the Eagles will be wearing their white on white with new white helmets.
Beat down whites anyone?

2011BisonAlumni
09-07-2016, 11:07 PM
And won!! Convincingly!

Antonio Brown as a freshman, transitioning from QB to wide receiver, was nowhere near the talent that Kupp is right now as a senior. JJ Watt was a mediocre tight end. Way different scenarios.

Kupp might be the most dominant wide receiver ever at the FCS level. Entirely possible he might be a finalist for the heisman if he puts up the stats that he should.

Name a better wide receiver in college football right now.

EC8CH
09-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Izzo tweeted that the Eagles will be wearing their white on white with new white helmets.
Beat down whites anyone?

Last three teams to wear all white to the FargoDome:
Missouri State 55-0
Montana 37-6
Richmond 33-7

Christopher Moen
09-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Last three teams to wear all white to the FargoDome:
Missouri State 55-0
Montana 37-6
Richmond 33-7

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Montana and Richmond known for high-powered offenses, much like EWU?

StL Bison Fan
09-07-2016, 11:36 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Montana and Richmond known for high-powered offenses, much like EWU?

yes.
Also, JSU wore white on white for frisco and screwed it up with red helmets.
Didnt help them.

Christopher Moen
09-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Same position? Tyler Lockett! Tearing it up for the Seahawks. We won that game too.

What made Tyler Lockett harder to contain was his partner in crime, Tramaine Thompson, being on the opposite side. These guys were fairly fast with 4.40 (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=109859&draftyear=2015&genpos=WR) and 4.43 (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90031&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR), respective 40-times.

How on Earth will NDSU contain someone with Kupp's speed who has a 40-time of 4.54 (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=123920&draftyear=2017&genpos=WR)?

Bisonator98
09-07-2016, 11:49 PM
Beat down whites anyone?

Those racist bastards!

Bison 4 Life
09-07-2016, 11:52 PM
Beat down whites anyone?

Holy shit, haven't they heard?

I suddenly am not worried about this one.

Christopher Moen
09-07-2016, 11:53 PM
yes.
Also, JSU wore white on white for frisco and screwed it up with red helmets.
Didnt help them.

C'mon now, we all know that Jacksonville didn't have fast WR's, QB's, RB's or defensive players. They were no match for Auburn, and most importantly, their band was a joke. Hence, why the lost 37-10 in the Championship Game to NDSU. Just ask their modest fans. Clearly, NDSU played nothing but cupcakes last year in the play-offs. Had JSU worn the white helmets, the beat-down would have been worse as Polacek would not have been calling for trick plays for the fun of it.

Okay, I think I hit my purple-limit for the day. I'm so looking forward to seeing NDSU's defense show their nasty side on Saturday.

Bison bison
09-07-2016, 11:54 PM
it was my understanding that everyone had heard...

HerdBot
09-07-2016, 11:56 PM

Then we had to deal withr Ryan Mueller , Tre Walker, Ty Zimmerman... bustin us in the mouth. And then we had to deal with Cookie Monster, John Hubert, Papa Lockets offspring Tyler Locket.