PDA

View Full Version : Defensive line-

Scooter
03-31-2006, 03:15 PM
We have a lot of guys trying new positions in the DL.

Ryan Schuttloffel OL to NG - 6'5 285,
Bryan Reimers FB to DE- 6'2" 240,
Nick Compton LB to DE - 6'0" 230
Casey Radke TE to DT - 6'1" 266 (last year)

Any word on how these guys are doing in spring ball?
What happened to Emanuel Jackson, how's he looking?

MplsBison
03-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Does that mean that Radke was a DT for the 2005 season?

Scooter
03-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Does that mean that Radke was a DT for the 2005 season?
If memory serves, I think he was moved last year. Any help #27 or #28?

SUCB#27
03-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah Radke spent most if not all of last season playing tackle. *He is a VERY strong kid with a lot of potential in my opinion. *Also, Emmanuel Jackson left the team during the season last year, I don't really remember why. *

Scooter
03-31-2006, 03:43 PM
That's unfortunate Jackson left the team. He had the size to really give offensive centers headaches. Thanks for the info.

Jeffdaryl3rd
03-31-2006, 10:37 PM
I know that the team signed a couple JUCO guys and a few guys are changing positions or sides of the ball, but what are some people's thoughts on how this year's D-Line unit is going to be. With the depth coming back at linebacker if the line plays well the defense is going to be nasty, so any thoughts from somenone who knows more than me (that would pretty much be everyone).

SUILB#28
03-31-2006, 10:53 PM
The defensive line is really the one big question. Frick will be great, but the rest of the guys have to fill in for the other spots. With Lardinois, Compton, Dahl, REimers, and Kingsley, I think there is a lot of potential at D-End, with the recruits that were brought in. I think the JUCO's will have the first run at the nose tackle position, but Fairburn has the physical tools to be a solid nose, and Radtke is very strong just needs to get a better handle on what is expected out of him within the defense. They will be light on the edges, but discpline within the scheme often makes up for that lack of size in the defense.

Scooter
03-31-2006, 11:55 PM
I think the JUCO's will have the first run at the nose tackle position, but Fairburn has the physical tools to be a solid nose, and Radtke is very strong just needs to get a better handle on what is expected out of him *within the defense.
Wouldn't it be great if one or two of the JUCO guys turned out to be another Summerville at NG? *I know that some games he was average, but there were those games where he looked unstopable. *(Montana safety)

mikelsch
04-01-2006, 04:13 PM
On a previous edition of Prime Time Sports, Coach Vigen talked about the 3 incoming JR D-Lineman: Tom Campbell (transfer from Auburn); Christon Dallas and Mike Brown from NDSCS. In my words this is what I remember...

Campbell: I think he lost 2 or 3 family members in a short period of time and left the game for a couple years. I guess he is a good student too - was on Dean's list. Must have some talent being at Auburn. Big upside.

Brown: Described as having a motor that won't quit and a great work ethic.

Dallas: Described as being physically talented, with needing the right motivation to maximize his ability.

If at least 2 of these guys work out - the D Line should be on par.

NDSUstudent
04-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Perhaps another addition to the D-line?

Auburn defensive lineman Neil Brown (6-5, 270) plans to transfer and is looking hard at USC. Brown is a native of Buford, Ga., and is close friends with Gamecock safety Yvan Banag. He attended a recent USC spring scrimmage.

He has offers from UTEP, North Dakota State and Valdosta State and is drawing interest from Coastal Carolina, Indiana State and Georgia Southern.

Brown had 31 offers as a high school senior, and he played in five games as a freshman at Auburn before twice suffering a cervical sprain. He was redshirted last season. Brown said he decided to transfer because of what he perceives as a lack of opportunity.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sports/14249697.htm