PDA

View Full Version : When The Run Ends

HerdThat!
08-17-2016, 07:36 PM
I was reading this article <<http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2016-08-17/fcs-football-who-can-dethrone-north-dakota-state>> and thinking to myself, at some point we know this epic run will come to a stop (and then restart at some point), but do you think the end of our ___peat run of championships ends in 1) Loss in Championship Game, 2) Playoff Loss, 3) Fail to make the Playoffs.....:rofl: or 4) Because we have made a move to FBS?

bisonmike2
08-17-2016, 07:43 PM
I was reading this article <<http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2016-08-17/fcs-football-who-can-dethrone-north-dakota-state>> and thinking to myself, at some point we know this epic run will come to a stop (and then restart at some point), but do you think the end of our ___peat run of championships ends in 1) Loss in Championship Game, 2) Playoff Loss, 3) Fail to make the Playoffs.....:rofl: or 4) Because we have made a move to FBS?

Great question. I hope it will be because of a move to FBS (Big 12 here we come!) but I think it will come in the playoffs, probably at the hands of another MVFC member. We have been so fortunate to have almost every single thing to go right for us in the playoffs these past 5 years, it's almost like we are using a cheat code. One of these times our luck will run out.

BisManBison
08-17-2016, 07:46 PM
All this negativity around here sucks!!

HerdBot
08-17-2016, 07:49 PM
Like the first College Game day sign read. Minimum 8 peat.

gumby013
08-17-2016, 07:52 PM
Like the first College Game day sign read. Minimum 8 peat.

That's mine. It's in the garage right now. And it does say MINIMUM!

http://i.imgur.com/MePEddC.jpg

Bison bison
08-17-2016, 07:55 PM
Happier than a puppy with eight peaters.

bisonp
08-17-2016, 08:06 PM
Great question. I hope it will be because of a move to FBS (Big 12 here we come!) but I think it will come in the playoffs, probably at the hands of another MVFC member. We have been so fortunate to have almost every single thing to go right for us in the playoffs these past 5 years, it's almost like we are using a cheat code. One of these times our luck will run out.

I've thought the same thing. These have been great teams but there have been some fortunate bounces along the way for sure. I didn't really believe a repeat was going to happen until it did. The past 5 years have been great therapy for this Vikings fan.

17>1
08-17-2016, 08:14 PM
All this negativity around here sucks!!

^THIS

It's the farthest thing from my mind right now, I'm only worried about Charleston Southern. I'm taking this one game at a time and my ultimate goal as a fan is to cheer the Bison on to another MVFC championship. I'm trying to get better every day, continuing to work hard, and trying to stay healthy by working out every day. Go Bison!

ZHerd
08-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Hopefully it's only fans of other teams voting for the first three

CaBisonFan
08-17-2016, 08:32 PM
...when injuries overtake the team at too many key positions. Our depth; however, can carry us through this type of thing pretty well.

BisonNation11
08-17-2016, 08:40 PM

Big XII or bust!

Professor Chaos
08-17-2016, 08:56 PM
I've thought the same thing. These have been great teams but there have been some fortunate bounces along the way for sure. I didn't really believe a repeat was going to happen until it did. The past 5 years have been great therapy for this Vikings fan.
I predict the Bison run will end the same year the Vikings win the Super Bowl. ;)

FrozenTech
08-17-2016, 09:03 PM
So... you're saying the run will never, ever end then yes?

Bison03
08-17-2016, 09:15 PM
When the run ends, there will be a lot of fans from other schools gloating, especially from up north. But will the gloating really mean anything? It would be like ripping on Bill Gates for losing a hundred bucks at the blackjack table.

Bison Loaf
08-17-2016, 09:24 PM
I'm not going to vote or speculate on when it might end, I'm just going to continue to enjoy it, living in the moment. I mean, holy cripes, people! I can barely keep my pants on about Charleston Southern right now!

But I do believe this...............when it does end, it will become greater and more legendary as the time passes on. Much more so than it even is right now, in the midst of it.

"So we've got THAT goin' for us..............which is nice." :)

HerdThat!
08-17-2016, 09:26 PM
When the run ends, there will be a lot of fans from other schools gloating, especially from up north. But will the gloating really mean anything? It would be like ripping on Bill Gates for losing a hundred bucks at the blackjack table.

Well given their athletic financial woes, they better just worry about even having a football program of their own soon :irslow:

cbline
08-17-2016, 10:12 PM
To paraphrase Aragorn in "LOTR": "A season may come when the courage of the Bison fails, when we forsake Bison Nation and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is NOT this season! This season, we fight!"

southcliffbison
08-17-2016, 10:18 PM
To paraphrase Aragorn in "LOTR": "A season may come when the courage of the Bison fails, when we forsake Bison Nation and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is NOT this season! This season, we fight!"

This talk about the run ending reminds me of Cubs' fans and their talk about winning a world series.......

StL Bison Fan
08-17-2016, 10:22 PM
Bad mojo. .

Twentysix
08-17-2016, 10:28 PM
^THIS

It's the farthest thing from my mind right now, I'm only worried about Charleston Southern. I'm taking this one game at a time and my ultimate goal as a fan is to cheer the Bison on to another MVFC championship. I'm trying to get better every day, continuing to work hard, and trying to stay healthy by working out every day. Go Bison!

Are you familiar with the term "try hard."

CaBisonFan
08-17-2016, 10:44 PM
Let me add this...the run doesn't end with a non-championship year. The tradition will continue. Shit happens...even to dynasties.

Alsen
08-17-2016, 11:33 PM
Let the songs of aspirations be sung forever in the high places and the death notes of the lowly be dredged in the bowels of abaddon like the wails of of ignominy.

Those who lap at the sphincter of ashtoreth and her sycophants shall forever be amused with demise, and their slithering musings shall soon cease to affront the virtuous.

Heed the wisdom of the sage.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZwS0ZonEU
Can you feel it?

The eternal Wisent on the banks of the Red.

Absolution from political atrocities and the blasphemies of the faithless......http://www.john-keats-poems.com/the-eve-of-st-agnes-by-john-keats/

Psalm 27:2

thebigund
08-18-2016, 12:19 AM
I think a regional school, most likely UNI, will end the run in a playoff game. I don't see NDSU loosing in Frisco. This years NDSU team could be vulnerable at CB, then again the guys you have could step up like they always seem to and CB won't be a question for the next 3 years. I don't think NDSU's run will end because of a deficiency of NDSU's but a great performance by a team that is good enough to beat NDSU.

Twentysix
08-18-2016, 01:20 AM
I think a regional school, most likely UNI, will end the run in a playoff game. I don't see NDSU loosing in Frisco. This years NDSU team could be vulnerable at CB, then again the guys you have could step up like they always seem to and CB won't be a question for the next 3 years. I don't think NDSU's run will end because of a deficiency of NDSU's but a great performance by a team that is good enough to beat NDSU.

Recent history suggests one of the CB that hasn't played anything yet will be in the NFL in 4 years.

Bison 4 Life
08-18-2016, 01:36 AM
When is this thread going to end up in the hall of shame?

EC8CH
08-18-2016, 01:39 AM
A Mount Everest size meteor. Even then if you can get Travis Beck in a space shuttle the Bison still might pull it off.

Christopher Moen
08-18-2016, 01:45 AM
I'm not going to vote or speculate on when it might end, I'm just going to continue to enjoy it, living in the moment. I mean, holy cripes, people! I can barely keep my pants on about Charleston Southern right now!

But I do believe this...............when it does end, it will become greater and more legendary as the time passes on. Much more so than it even is right now, in the midst of it.

"So we've got THAT goin' for us..............which is nice." :)

My suggestion for that problem:

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/none/path/s998659fc821b2e5c/image/i8f0443b30b5d69fe/version/1441705789/image.jpg

FFBison
08-18-2016, 02:31 AM
Let's put it this way...I've neglected to and will continue to scoff at any time-stamped Bison paraphernalia. Glad I'm not wearing a back-to-back jacket right now!

DakotaOkie
08-18-2016, 02:56 AM

I agree with this. But of course last year the bulk of the defense was suspect and look how that turned out. However the run ends, it will be because of strong opponent not a weak NDSU. The opposing coach comments on the NDSU 2016 trailer posted in the Iowa thread gave me chills. They (opposing coaches) get it and the trailer really shows how it gets done.

BisonTru
08-18-2016, 04:48 AM
Let's put it this way...I've neglected to and will continue to scoff at any time-stamped Bison paraphernalia. Glad I'm not wearing a back-to-back jacket right now!

Yep. I haven't bought one peat anything. I do like all the votes for never, a bit optimistic.

It will be interesting when we have to travel on the road in a playoff game. Almost happened last year.

ndsubison1
08-18-2016, 05:03 AM
It'll be a heartbreaker. Late TD type deal.

WYOBISONMAN
08-18-2016, 05:47 AM
The road goes on forever and the party never ends............

Robert Earl Keen

UncleBuck
08-18-2016, 01:36 PM
If it ends, I just hope it isn't by a call like the EWU game.

But, then again, that might inspire another run.

I also noticed during the four-peat, no one mentioned how close the Bison came to a four-peat in the 1980s.

I don't like naming kids Troy.

Trumpster
08-18-2016, 02:13 PM
I don't like naming kids Troy.

http://gif.co/yuOe.gif

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thebigund
08-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Yep. I haven't bought one peat anything. I do like all the votes for never, a bit optimistic.

It will be interesting when we have to travel on the road in a playoff game. Almost happened last year.

most likely to grand forks

thundarsdaddy
08-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Strength and Conditioning Coach Kramer, I am told, wont even so much as let a FB player wear any shirt into the workouts, that show "past" accomplishments. Not speaking for him or the Bison in anyway, I love this concept. You train and play for the present and the future..Amen! Anything you did in the past is history...Amen! That Championship Trophy handed to the FB team last January, is now on display...and its history!! The only "run" I want to see, is the Bison, in FB and every other sport, training hard, showing true Teamwork at all times, work your ass off, and leave it all on the field/court/diamond....or where ever they play!!

EC8CH
08-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Strength and Conditioning Coach Kramer, I am told, wont even so much as let a FB player wear any shirt into the workouts, that show "past" accomplishments. Not speaking for him or the Bison in anyway, I love this concept. You train and play for the present and the future..Amen! Anything you did in the past is history...Amen! That Championship Trophy handed to the FB team last January, is now on display...and its history!! The only "run" I want to see, is the Bison, in FB and every other sport, training hard, showing true Teamwork at all times, work your ass off, and leave it all on the field/court/diamond....or where ever they play!!

Exactly. The run has already ended. It ends every January, and a new one starts immediately afterwards.

Sounds cliche but then again so do all the other reasons given for the Bison's success.

thebootfitter
08-18-2016, 09:37 PM
I dunno... I received a back-to-back hat as a gift and wear it all the time. If nothing else, it shows I'm not a just recent band-wagon fan who jumped on after four or five straight. I don't think it's something I would have bought myself, but I certainly don't feel any shame in wearing it.

56BISON73
08-19-2016, 05:38 AM
I dunno... I received a back-to-back hat as a gift and wear it all the time. If nothing else, it shows I'm not a just recent band-wagon fan who jumped on after four or five straight. I don't think it's something I would have bought myself, but I certainly don't feel any shame in wearing it.

Ive got stuff from before the run and something from each natty. I wear it all.

BisoninNWMN
08-19-2016, 10:58 AM
8 peat!!!!!!!

Then we'll see what happens!

A1pigskin
08-22-2016, 12:12 PM
8 peat!!!!!!!

Then we'll see what happens!

I'll go with this.