PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Kolpack's coverage

roadwarrior
03-31-2006, 03:25 PM
Jeff has already written five articles about spring practice in the past week or so. Has the Forum ever given spring ball this much coverage?

Thanks Jeff for the articles. We appreciate them.

Scooter
03-31-2006, 03:32 PM
I hope this means that the forum has finally figured out that football is the KING in fargo. (but you've gatta love the men's BBers, women's BB, Bucky's wrestlers..... things are looking pretty good. Life is good) 8)

IowaBison
03-31-2006, 03:42 PM
Jeff has already written five articles about spring practice in the past week or so. Has the Forum ever given spring ball this much coverage?

Thanks Jeff for the articles. We appreciate them.

I wonder if the articles aren't small battles in the war against gobison.com? ;)

It's not just the quantity, the stories are very Kolpackesque.

WYOBISONMAN
03-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Kolpack does a tremendousjobof covering the Herd. Cudos to Mr. Kolpack.........

markerman
03-31-2006, 07:08 PM
++++++++++

ndsubison
03-31-2006, 09:52 PM
Kolpack and Halstrom are shining beacons of light compared to that louse McFeely, not to mention all of the sioux coverage one is forced to tolerate in their own city of Fargo. I've gotten to the point where I only watch WDAY for sports coverage. Every other station seems to start out with siouxage. In Fargo. Pathetic.

GO BISON!!
Beat Minnesota

RxBison
04-04-2006, 04:46 AM
I may be a Bison fan, but it is getting to be gross how WDAY starts their sports with so much Bison stories. Tonight there is MLB opening day games and final four and instead the top story is the Bison DB's and then Miles's job.

Local news is good, but this wasn't even news. Steve Halstrom is turning into Fargo's Pat Sweeney all Bison all the time. The other stations are obligated to cover the Sioux, and I think they do a good job of balancing actual NEWS on the national and local scene.

Kolpack, on the other hand, does a good job because he is a Bison beat writer, and that is his job. It is the editor's choice how much Bison they do. And Kolpack will tell the good and the bad news.

NDSUstudent
04-04-2006, 04:53 AM
I may be a Bison fan, but it is getting to be gross how WDAY starts their sports with so much Bison stories. *Tonight there is MLB opening day games and final four and instead the top story is the Bison DB's and then Miles's job.

Local news is good, but this wasn't even news. *Steve Halstrom is turning into Fargo's Pat Sweeney all Bison all the time. *The other stations are obligated to cover the Sioux, and I think they do a good job of balancing actual NEWS on the national and local scene.

Kolpack, on the other hand, does a good job because he is a Bison beat writer, and that is his job. *It is the editor's choice how much Bison they do. *And Kolpack will tell the good and the bad news.

Well I don't think WDAY can show highlights of the title game until it ends, all they can do is give the score. As for opening day the Twins start tommarrow and I'm sure they will get the lead and Sioux hockey will be the lead story on Thrusday. Not much going on in the sports world so WDAY has to fill it with something and why not fill it with the Bison and spring practice.

SDbison
04-04-2006, 05:02 AM
Well I don't think WDAY can show highlights of the title game until it ends, all they can do is give the score. As for opening day the Twins start tommarrow and I'm sure they will get the lead and Sioux hockey will be the lead story on Thrusday. Not much going on in the sports world so WDAY has to fill it with something and why not fill it with the Bison and spring practice.
Amen. I think there ought to be more Bison coverage. National sports are over-rated. Especially all the overpaid cry baby pros out there. Get a life, they are all playing games and getting paid way too much.

BraxtonT
04-04-2006, 07:20 AM
I may be a Bison fan, but it is getting to be gross how WDAY starts their sports with so much Bison stories. *Tonight there is MLB opening day games and final four and instead the top story is the Bison DB's and then Miles's job.

Local news is good, but this wasn't even news. *Steve Halstrom is turning into Fargo's Pat Sweeney all Bison all the time. *The other stations are obligated to cover the Sioux, and I think they do a good job of balancing actual NEWS on the national and local scene.

Kolpack, on the other hand, does a good job because he is a Bison beat writer, and that is his job. *It is the editor's choice how much Bison they do. *And Kolpack will tell the good and the bad news.

With ESPN available in 99% of all households in the country, I don't want to see or hear about any national sports on local TV. When I tune into channel 6 (4, 8, 11, and 15 for that matter), I only want to hear and see things related to the local interests.

Only if something extremely unique happens on the national scene, I don't want it on the LOCAL sports. National sports news can easily be accessed on ESPN.

BisonBacker
04-04-2006, 03:01 PM

WDAY is NDSU's Flagship station, I applaud them for the coverage. I think the other two stations in town go out or their way to cater to the out of town interests. They can do what they want, I vote with my remote control. If the advertisers in Fargo who advertise on those stations want to partonize that then they will lose as I don't see their ads since I refuse to be bombarded with crap about a school I don't care about!

mikelsch
04-04-2006, 06:55 PM
I believe the NDSU media contract is up at the end of this season. I am really curious to see if WDAY will retain the rights, how the coverage will expand, and how much it is worth.

kchats
04-05-2006, 03:43 AM
If I had a nickel...

Jeffy my boy, the problem here is that the general populous cares about such things about as much as they do the brand of deodorant that Thundar wears under that suit.

But bully to you for venting your spleen. Mine has a couple of vents in it too.

Speaking of shoptalk, regarding an earlier comment--we're doing what we can on tv games. It's not as easy at it might seem. And with the new schools NDSU is playing, it gets more difficult and complicated all the time.

But I'm with you on the value of having games on the tube. We're trying.

Posted by: Hallstrom on 3/30/2006 1:26 AM

From the Bison Zone Media Blog

NanoBison
04-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Got to love Kolpack. NDSU's #1 media supporter.

Then there is McFeeley.......uhhhhhhhh.... Disappointment.....

Gamehunter
04-05-2006, 03:15 PM

Then there is McFeeley.......uhhhhhhhh.... Disappointment.....

more like .........embarrassment.....to the whole Fargo comunity.

Bison_Dan
04-05-2006, 03:54 PM

Then there is McFeeley.......uhhhhhhhh.... * Disappointment.....

more like .........embarrassment.....to the whole Fargo comunity.

++++ ;D

sambini
04-05-2006, 06:49 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

broke_back_mnt
04-05-2006, 09:48 PM
If I had a nickel...

Jeffy my boy, the problem here is that the general populous cares about such things about as much as they do the brand of deodorant that Thundar wears under that suit.

But bully to you for venting your spleen. Mine has a couple of vents in it too.

Speaking of shoptalk, regarding an earlier comment--we're doing what we can on tv games. It's not as easy at it might seem. And with the new schools NDSU is playing, it gets more difficult and complicated all the time.

But I'm with you on the value of having games on the tube. We're trying.

Posted by: Hallstrom on 3/30/2006 1:26 AM

From the Bison Zone Media Blog

I didnt feel good when I woke up this morning so I took my spleen out.

Scooter
04-07-2006, 02:42 AM
[quote author=kchats link=1143818742/0#12 date=1144208596][b].

I didnt feel good when I woke up this morning so I took my spleen out.

Now, that's funnier than hell. *JBB, I laughed outloud.

broke_back_mnt
04-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks Scooter, you never know about humor. Its totally subjective. You should have read the most excellent thread tracking the college hockey tournament. Now that was funny, but its no longer here.

Scooter
04-07-2006, 11:13 PM
*You should have read the most excellent thread tracking the college hockey tournament. *Now that was funny, but its no longer here.
I did read it... *;D I'm a U of M hockey fan. *I'll have to pull for the mighty Bison next year in FB(always a Bison fan), but, U of M is my favorite 1A team. *When Minnesota got knocked out of the hockey tourney I naturally reverted to the ABS rule for living my life (Anybody But the Sioux) ;) *(this is the first and last time I will mention the U of FEMA)