PDA

View Full Version : Opening Weekend Events

Bison03
08-05-2016, 03:30 PM
http://www.gobison.com/news/2016/8/4/general-ndsu-announces-football-opening-weekend-kickoff-events.aspx

Fan day is not happening in the dome this year because of the video board installation. Bison Football Eve looks to be a pretty sweet event. Like downtown street fair but all Bison. I wonder how well it will be attended with the Scheels Block Party being the night before. Seems like the same event, different location. Friday's event I think will be better because of downtown, food and drink vendors, and going later. Next year they should just have one event and make it "Bison Football Eve sponsored by Scheels." Should be a fun kickoff to the weekend.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Actually really disappointed they are not doing a Fan Day. I'm sure these events will be a good replacement, but I enjoyed the flow of Fan Day and the 'organized' opportunity to get the players signatures.

That and watching how awkward people get when being forced to walk past the soccer team and not ask/want their autographs. Honestly, watching that sometimes is rough. To be honest it's kind of a dick move placing them before the football team so people are forced to be in their line to. But hey, I get why they are doing that...

PS. Can someone please tell me why its SCHEELS and not Scheels? I don't understand that at all...

BisonNation11
08-05-2016, 05:44 PM
PS. Can someone please tell me why its SCHEELS and not Scheels? I don't understand that at all...

Marketing. They got you with it

Christopher Moen
08-05-2016, 06:49 PM

They're angry?

Bison Loaf
08-05-2016, 06:59 PM

Might it be to better differentiate between the legal, corporate name (all caps) and the personal, family name (first letter capped) with regards to who is actually involved and sponsoring?

stevdock
08-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Actually really disappointed they are not doing a Fan Day. I'm sure these events will be a good replacement, but I enjoyed the flow of Fan Day and the 'organized' opportunity to get the players signatures.

That and watching how awkward people get when being forced to walk past the soccer team and not ask/want their autographs. Honestly, watching that sometimes is rough. To be honest it's kind of a dick move placing them before the football team so people are forced to be in their line to. But hey, I get why they are doing that...

I wish they would have found a good alternative for Fan Day. That is something my entire family looks forward to. I loved how the ladies of our soccer and volleyball teams were so engaging with my girls as we were going through the line. In fact, I thought they were way better at it then the football players.

Mr Meaty
08-06-2016, 02:33 PM
I wish they would have found a good alternative for Fan Day. That is something my entire family looks forward to. I loved how the ladies of our soccer and volleyball teams were so engaging with my girls as we were going through the line. In fact, I thought they were way better at it then the football players.

Maybe they will have the other fall teams at/during a football game. Good to expose our fan base to all student athletes.

Bison 4 Life
08-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Is anyone that I know personally going to the fan fest? I can't get up to Fargo until late Friday night and I really want a schedule poster to hang at my desk so my K-State neighbors get to see it.

IzzyFlexion
08-06-2016, 03:20 PM

I read somewhere that the company is so influential, Merriam-Webster's has granted them a spelling exemption.

bri-dog
08-06-2016, 04:02 PM
I just finished working on an offering document for a new bond issue for a shopping center in Johnstown, CO. The anchor store is the first SCHEELS store in Colorado.

Tony Almeida
08-06-2016, 05:33 PM
I just finished working on an offering document for a new bond issue for a shopping center in Johnstown, CO. The anchor store is the first SCHEELS store in Colorado.
Nice good to hear they are expanding, they need to keep it up. Are they in Texas yet?

Ndsu84
08-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Nice good to hear they are expanding, they need to keep it up. Are they in Texas yet?

Pretty competitive in Texas. We buy the same shoes for half the price down south. But still I love SCHEELS. They have a way of making you throw money at them. :)

Tony Almeida
08-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Pretty competitive in Texas. We buy the same shoes for half the price down south. But still I love SCHEELS. They have a way of making you throw money at them. :)

I hear ya on the prices....maybe that is the reason Scheels doesn't expand too far out of northern midwest...they would be forced to drop prices and that is more important to them then making themselves a national brand...

Mr Meaty
08-07-2016, 01:07 AM
They are expanding to Texas. Will be the anchor in a new shopping center in frisco.

Christopher Moen
08-07-2016, 11:45 PM

With Sports Authority dead in the water, there really isn't any competition left for Dick's. Scheels can be a big threat to them if they make a serious Colorado expansion. Just wish their online "Fan Gear" store (http://fanshop.scheels.com/COLLEGE_NDSU_Bison) was better.

stevdock
08-08-2016, 01:02 AM
Is anyone that I know personally going to the fan fest? I can't get up to Fargo until late Friday night and I really want a schedule poster to hang at my desk so my K-State neighbors get to see it.

Almost every year I pick up a few at one of the first home games.

Hammerhead
08-08-2016, 12:57 PM
With Sports Authority dead in the water, there really isn't any competition left for Dick's. Scheels can be a big threat to them if they make a serious Colorado expansion. Just wish their online "Fan Gear" store (http://fanshop.scheels.com/COLLEGE_NDSU_Bison) was better.

Also may still be a void left by G.I. Joes who had sporting goods stores in the Pacific northwest until 2009. It was your typical big boy's toy store with sporting goods and auto parts & accessories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe%27s