PDA

View Full Version : $10 NDSU vs. Minnesota ticket possibility

HawknHeartlnd
04-09-2006, 01:20 AM
The Minnesota Goofer ticket office will begin selling individual FB game tickets on Monday April 10. And from my Hawkeye fan perspective, something's fishy in Minnesota and it's not the lakes.

Iowa fans, with a Minnesota address BTW, are allowed to buy a max of 8 Iowa tickets for $65 and we get a "free" NDSU ticket too. After 9/5/06 the price drops to $55 and we don't get the NDSU ticket.

With Iowa fans buying more expensive tickets and 99.9% of them not going to your NDSU game, there will be fewer good seats available for Bison fans. Most Hawkeye fans are looking at the additional $10 as a service charge to get 1st dibs on the good seats.

Maybe something could be arranged between Bison fans and Hawkeye fans to stick it to the Goofers.

roadwarrior
04-09-2006, 02:15 AM
Gopher single game tickets go on sale:

MONDAY APRIL 10th

You can buy them here:

http://www.gophersports.com/tickets/sport.asp?sport_id=mfball

Regular price is $25.00
Upper deck end zone is $15.00
Family pack is $60.00 (4 end zone tix, 4 hot dogs, 4 soft drinks)
Groups of 15 and more is $10.00 for end zone

roadwarrior
04-09-2006, 02:20 AM
If I remember correctly when the deal was signed between NDSU and Minnesota, NDSU was going to get a ticket allotment of 5,000 tickets, which I assume would be distributed through the Bison ticket office. I am guessing that they might allow Bison season ticket holders for 2006 to buy tickets but have not heard anything about that yet.

I am going to check on that.

DIBISON
04-09-2006, 02:39 AM
If I remember correctly when the deal was signed between NDSU and Minnesota, NDSU was going to get a ticket allotment of 5,000 tickets, which I assume would be distributed through the Bison ticket office. *I am guessing that they might allow Bison season ticket holders for 2006 to buy tickets but have not heard anything about that yet.

Thanks for doing the checking. NDSU should let the public know in a timely manner if tickets will be available, because if not there will still be time to order good seats through the U f M.

SDbison
04-09-2006, 02:57 PM
If I remember correctly when the deal was signed between NDSU and Minnesota, NDSU was going to get a ticket allotment of 5,000 tickets, which I assume would be distributed through the Bison ticket office. *I am guessing that they might allow Bison season ticket holders for 2006 to buy tickets but have not heard anything about that yet.

Wow, I knew the ability to purchase tickets was coming up, but not this soon. Why no info from the Bison ticket office 2 or 3 weeks ahead of time? When will the 5000 seats be accessible, and at what price? Where are the seats in the block of 5000 located? What are the maximum number of tickets that can be purchased by one person? Are both the Bison ticket office and Gopher ticket office selling seats from the 5000? Will teammakers get the first chance at purchase? Seems like a lack of communication here. As a teammaker, alumnus and avid fan I want to get the best tickets possible. If the block of 5000 is not as good as where other single game tickets can be purchased then I will try to coordinate with others to find better seats. Hopefully the info was wrong that started this forum. :-?

roadwarrior
04-09-2006, 03:42 PM
You can bet that the 5000 ticket block will be in the upper deck and most likely not on the 50 yard line! The information that the Iowa fan described is what is on the gophersports website. I would think that there will be quite a few seats available on the street the day of the game. There are about 30,000 season ticket holders according to a story I saw the other night on TV here in the cities. A lot of those are companies that buy season tickets to support the Gophers, and these are the seats that usually end up on the street for sale. The Tribune also has a "ticket exchange" section in their classified ads. I'm surprised that they are selling single game tickets this far in advance! The Bison dont start single game sales until August.

roadwarrior
04-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Just got this reply from Gene:

We will have a block of 5,000 tickets that will be distributed through our ticket office. I believe they will be $25.00. We will put a press release out Monday about how we plan to distribute our tickets. The Gopher ticket office will be telling any Bison fans that call their office that NDSU has a block that we will be selling. We will more than likely give priority to Team Makers and seasion ticket holders before the general public.

NanoBison
04-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Did anyone find out about these tickets yet? I only see them available at U of M and not at gobison.com
I thought NDSU got an allotment of 5,000 tickets? Do we just buy them through U of M?

roadwarrior
04-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Did anyone find out about these tickets yet? I only see them available at U of M and not at gobison.com
I thought NDSU got an allotment of 5,000 tickets? Do we just buy them through U of M?

Did you read my post just above yours ??????????????????????

NanoBison
04-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Well I went to buy two tickets for the game at gophersports.com and it told me both times that it was an invalid sale when I went to pay for the tickets. Tried again, on the same order, same error.

Look in my checking account. $100 is now gone from it. Nice.

$100 down and no tickets in my name. Priceless.

lakesbison
04-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Section... 136-137-138 Is where I just bought 8 tickets..

I suggest everyone that wants GREAT Seats in the same AREA as the NDSU fans... go there

I just CALLED them.. ALL 5000 NDSU tickets are in Section 234-239.. UPPER CORNER BABY!......

So call in now or on the websites gophersports.com buy tickets and type in SECTION 136-138 as a preference!!!

SEE YOU THERE!! IM ON THE BOARD!!! WOO HOO GO BISON!!

Rodentia
04-11-2006, 05:12 AM
I believe that the visitor's section will be in the upper deck in the corner. While I don't know that NDSU fans are all that interested in "sticking it" to the Gophers, it might not be a bad idea to connect Hawkeye fans with Bison fans, if the tickets are good seats.

tony
04-11-2006, 09:50 AM
So does NDSU get any money if I order from the Bison ticket office? Or do they lose money if they don't sell their allotment?

IowaBison
04-11-2006, 12:57 PM
I believe that the visitor's section will be in the upper deck in the corner. While I don't know that NDSU fans are all that interested in "sticking it" to the Gophers, it might not be a bad idea to connect Hawkeye fans with Bison fans, if the tickets are good seats.

I imagine they are endzone seats. Why would they give them good seats for $10?

(Of course it all depends on future sales).

hawkeyes0204
04-12-2006, 11:02 PM
For those of you who want tickets real cheap, here is the link to the Iowa site
http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=72037076&sid=&style=2