PDA

View Full Version : Manny Rivera to CSU-B

Big Bird
07-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Congrats to Manny Rivera for accepting a head coaching position at Cal St Bakersfield. Tough to see him go, but it really is a great opportunity for him to build a D1 program in his home state. There is a ton of talent in California and the rest of the west coast, and with the right coach, a smaller profile program can build something special. I wish Manny nothing but success and will cheer for CSU-B now

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/43333-manny-rivera-named-head-coach-at-csu-bakersfield
http://www.gobison.com/news/2016/7/6/ndsus-rivera-named-head-wrestling-coach-at-csu-bakersfield.aspx

Christopher Moen
07-06-2016, 11:46 PM
Congrats to Manny Rivera for accepting a head coaching position at Cal St Bakersfield. Tough to see him go, but it really is a great opportunity for him to build a D1 program in his home state. There is a ton of talent in California and the rest of the west coast, and with the right coach, a smaller profile program can build something special. I wish Manny nothing but success and will cheer for CSU-B now

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/43333-manny-rivera-named-head-coach-at-csu-bakersfield
http://www.gobison.com/news/2016/7/6/ndsus-rivera-named-head-wrestling-coach-at-csu-bakersfield.aspx

Manny is a good dude and will be able to recruit excellent D1 wrestlers from the West Coast. Big lost for NDSU, Great gain for Bakersfield.

Gladiator Dad
07-07-2016, 01:36 AM
They had a team meeting yesterday to let them know that Manny would be leaving and why. It's bitter sweet to see him move on but it's a great opportunity for him and I wish him the best in his new role.

Sweepsingle
07-07-2016, 02:04 AM
Manny is going to do well running his own program. Kish has had a couple of good assistants over the years, but his current two guys left have a long way to go. The top wrestlers looking to get in to the coaching profession will not want to do it in Fargo. Kish is the next one to bounce...is Minnesota looking for a new head coach yet?

Christopher Moen
07-07-2016, 03:21 AM
Manny is going to do well running his own program. Kish has had a couple of good assistants over the years, but his current two guys left have a long way to go. The top wrestlers looking to get in to the coaching profession will not want to do it in Fargo. Kish is the next one to bounce...is Minnesota looking for a new head coach yet?

I don't think Kish will be a top-candidate for that program when the dust finally settles from the Xanax-scandal. My guess is Damion Hahn or Marty Morgan.

Abe1727
07-07-2016, 04:17 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Coach Manny. We appreciate you believing in our Son and he absolutely loves you. Bakersfield is lucky to have you and we will be lifelong fans. We really enjoyed talking to you,your Brother and Father at the tourney's.

Gladiator Dad
07-07-2016, 01:08 PM

Sweep, I think in this instance we will be OK as far as getting a new assistant coach. Kish knew that Manny would possibly be leaving for sometime now and was aware that he was trying for the CSBU position. Since he was aware it was a good possibility that Manny would get the the CSBU coaching job, he had been looking at some possible replacements if Manny would indeed get the job. I think when you look at the exposure that Manny got while coaching for NDSU and subsequently getting a head coaching position that younger coaches looking to get into coaching might find NDSU an attractive place to be, especially now that we are affiliate members of the Big XII. In my dealings with Coach Garnett, I think you would be impressed with the amount of time and effort that he puts into the program and I think he is actually doing a great job. Sometimes these young coaches are more fired up and wanting to prove themselves and tend to spend a little more one on one time with their wrestlers.

Abe1727
07-08-2016, 05:04 AM
I agree with Gladiator Dad. Coach Garnett is doing a great job.