PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Matchup 2016

Pages : [1] 2

thebigund
07-05-2016, 10:35 PM
This time it's probably for real..... probably. The mighty mighty Fighting Hawks are soaring up the rankings after not loosing a game in last years playoffs and have pitched firmly at #15 in the nation. I like this spot because it's not too high and not too low. There's plenty of room to build up steam as the season goes on but not so much that if we win 7 that we will be at home watching. NDSU is #1 for whatever reason. Each team lost one of the greatest players to ever step foot on this earth. I must tip my cap to NDSU for last year's game. It was the perfect learning experience for a young UND squad. They are now prepared for anything and have been shown what the standard actually is for FCS football. I guess it worked because, I'm not sure if you heard, our team actually has a little of teh crazy speed. We had a white guy run a 4.37 and a Mexican run a 4.39 in testing. We also had a 220 lb safety run a 4.41.... new Ratelle? Perhaps.

Anyway

Logos: Teh emo bison. The previous logo was better. No lightning bolt. This bison doesn't know which bathroom to use at Target. It may be associated with championships but it's still a looser.

Teh Fhawk. So clean, so simple, so refined, so perfect. My favorite part of it is that it pisses of the Sioux Forever fucktards. They only live for one thing and now it's gone. It's not a perfect logo by any means, not even close, but it's better than yours and thats all that ever matters, ever.

Advantage: Fhawks

Coaching: Burgundy told me in an intimate conversation over ice cold Zimas that Kleiman took the year off and handed the keys to Carson Wentz. Bubba was two injuries away from a 9-2 season.

Advantage: Bubba - and it aint even close

QB: Hockey Stick is an unprov.... so he went 8-0 as a starter last year, big fuckin deal. Congrats to Cole Davis on being the new best QB at NDSU.

Studsrud improved by leaps and bounds as the season went on last year. After he came back from injury he was surgical. He went 7-1 in games that he started and finished. He got some serious wheels and a lightning quick release. Pretty similar player to Hockey Stick. A little slimmer and a little quicker release. Our backups are absolute horse shit. This is the one major failure on the roster for Bubba so far as a coach. It's eerily similar to when Bohl built up NDSU's roster and neglected the QB spot. Hopefully Bubba starts to bring in one really good qb a year like NDSU has been doing.

Advantage: NDSU - I can't even try to spin this one just because of the depth issue.

RB: Bruce Anderson is NDSU's best RB. He seems to have the total package. I expect him to be the man next year. Frazier just doesn't really do anything special. He's a tough runner but lacks shake and break away speed, still a solid player though. Morlock is one of my favorite players on NDSU. He can do a bit of everything and is a hell of a lot faster than people think. Dunn was supposed to be the home run hitter last year but things didn't exactly work out with for him with so many good backs splitting carries. I think this coming season with be Bruce Anderson's breakout and the one after will be Dunn's.

UND now has a really deep backfield. It went from basically nothing to completely loaded. John Santiago blew up as a true freshman averaging 6.5 yards a carry and scoring 16 times. He didn't get the ball enough against NDSU so I know you guys probably have a screwed view of him as a player. Interestingly enough it's not his speed or vision that is his best asset, it's his stiff arm. He absolutely obliterates would be tacklers with it. Trust me, he's as good as any back in the country. Word on the street is he got even faster, ran a 4.39 40 this spring, and put on some muscle. Brady Olivera is a 220 lb keg of Molson. He's a little faster than molasses but runs like someone duct taped a case of Molson to the goal posts. He is a load. It's a true thunder and lightning combination and you can tell that it throws off defenders. UND also has a Swedish dark horse at RB in Oscar Nevermann. He's the same size as Bruce Anderson and has some serious burst. He's also strong as shit and set a couple RB weight room records this winter. Throw in Austin Gordon who has really impressed from day one and UND rolls a legit 4 deep at the RB position.

Advantage: UND - NDSU has better depth but Santiago is just too damn good. He's just a special player.

TE: Luke Mathewson is a monster blocker on the edge for UND. He also has a good set of hands, but let's just say separation isn't exactly part of his skill set. He's a solid player but he's no Illes. Luke Fiedler is a great pass catcher with nice length but is probably a year away as far as being strong enough to be a complete tight end. The greatest recruit in the history of FCS, Joe Mellberg, has been swung out to the TE position. Can you say TE pass option? The wild card in this group is incoming fr Alex Cloyd. He's a wrestling star in NE and has great size and hands already. He might walk into the locker room and instantly be our best TE.

Ben Golden Boy Ellefson has had NDSU with tight pants ever since he committed. He's that good, i guess. Nate Jenson is tall. Connor Wentz could use refinement on his chop block technique, I hear he has soft hands though. Jeff Illies has teh crazies speeds but do think the coaches are going to ask him to seal the edge?

Advantage: NDSU - It's a toss up for me here. Some proven blockers on each side and a couple youngsters with great upside. I'll do you guys a solid since I feel bad about the SBoHE picking on your president.

OL: NDSU looses an all time great at LT. Tough loss, it's really too bad. Look, I know that the OL is often referred to as the big uglies but I think NDSU may have taken this a bit far. Seriously these guys are big and UGLY. Leading the way in the big and ugly category is Jack The Mountain Plankers. He's a big ol boy. He doesn't have the feet of a tackle though so if you guys need him to slide out there you will have issues. He'll make a nice guard though. Landon Lechler probably has some big ass feet, but are they big enough to fill the shoes of Joe Heag? Probably not but he's a solid OL. Zack Johnson is seemingly on his 10th year of eligibility. He's a classic NDSU ram, he's got a big old boiler on him and he really leans on guys in the run game. Kuhnert is a lock at center. He's good at football. So the question is who is going to be the other tackle? Bacon? Johnson? Conner? Either way, I think teh Rams will be the same old Rams. Big, ugly, and effective.

UND replaces three seniors on the interior one of which was an All American. AJ Stockwell is a name you're all familiar with and he is a big athletic mean son of a bitch. Fully 6'6" and strong as an ox. He's a real ass kicker. Same temperament as Austin Richards. Word on the street is that Elijah Grady Train is coming back to UND. He had left school to be with his baby mama and kid. If he comes back it will be huge because he is an absolute monster with big time NFL potential. Demon Taylor is built like a dump truck and can really move people in the run game. Look for him to secure one of the guard spots. The other guard spot will come down to athletic but unproven Dan Bell and oft injured Brandon Miller. Both are more than capable and, if healthy, my money is on Miller who plays with a big mean streak. At center there is a battle between Grant Aplin who is short but has everything else you want in an OL and Matt Cox who can play anywhere along the line. Wether he's the starter at center or not Cox is a crucial member of the OL because he's the human swiss army knife.

Advantage: Rams - even though, with Grady, UND could have two All American level OT filling three spots makes me unable to make this homer pick.....

WR: UND struggled in the passing game until the final few games of the year. The numbers weren't great but there are a couple decent players. Clive Georges has decent height and blazing speed. He broke his hand in the first game of the year which threw his year off a bit. Down the stretch he was unstoppable and ended the season with a 25 ypc average. If he stays healthy he can really take the top off the defense and can turn a slant into a huge gain at any moment. Luke Stanley is a nice 6'4" possession guy who runs good routes and has great hands. Josh Seibel was our slot guy but he tore his knee up in spring ball and might miss most if not all of the season. Alex Reed is supposed to fill the need in the slot, never seen him play so I've got nothing. RFR Tim Dulin could be an x factor for this group. He's a lanky 6'4" and has some serious skills. UND is also bringing in two very tall and skilled WRs in Tavis Toivoinen and Noah Wanzek. One or both of them could be a factor next year.

RJ Urzinblowski is still the same old stud he was as a fr. Darius Sheppherd was impressive as hell last season. He is just a baller. Marquise Bridges was supposedly a stud when you guys got him as a recruit so maybe he'll be a play maker next season. What NDSU lacks is height. TFR Engle might provide that. His film was pretty impressive.

Advantage: UND - this was a hard decision to come to, I went with Georges/Stanley over Urblanzowski/Sheppherd because of more height and diversity of skill set.

tjbison
07-05-2016, 10:43 PM
go away.....worry about winning your patsey schedule before you think your crap team is playoff worthy

BFKasper14
07-05-2016, 10:52 PM
go away.....worry about winning your patsey schedule before you think your crap team is playoff worthy

He's obviously trolling. He doesn't actually believe any of this haha. He likes to post these every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No_Skill
07-05-2016, 10:54 PM
https://www.predatorpee.com/hawkstopper-black%20label.jpg

ZHerd
07-05-2016, 11:03 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why fighting hawk is seriously a team name/logo. Sounds like something a six year old made up. I don't know that I'm qualified to judge your analysis of the un_ players since I don't know anything about a bunch of guys irrelevant to D1 football, but I think it was pretty decent...at least on par with gobison123's body of work :P My prediction for end of season is bubba will be going full blown Jim Mora meltdown by that point

No_Skill
07-05-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why fighting hawk is seriously a team name/logo. Sounds like something a six year old made up. I don't know that I'm qualified to judge your analysis of the un_ players since I don't know anything about a bunch of guys irrelevant to D1 football, but I think it was pretty decent...at least on par with gobison123's body of work :P My prediction for end of season is bubba will be going full blown Jim Mora meltdown by that point

All you need to know is that they were super pissed they got snubbed by the playoff committee last year, and haven't left the gym since.

Seriously guys...they're mad as heck any they're not gonna take it any more.

Christopher Moen
07-05-2016, 11:10 PM
This time it's probably for real..... probably. The mighty mighty Fighting Hawks are soaring up the rankings after not loosing a game in last years playoffs and have pitched firmly at #15 in the nation. I like this spot because it's not too high and not too low. There's plenty of room to build up steam as the season goes on but not so much that if we win 7 that we will be at home watching. NDSU is #1 for whatever reason. Each team lost one of the greatest players to ever step foot on this earth. I must tip my cap to NDSU for last year's game. It was the perfect learning experience for a young UND squad. They are now prepared for anything and have been shown what the standard actually is for FCS football. I guess it worked because, I'm not sure if you heard, our team actually has a little of teh crazy speed. We had a white guy run a 4.37 and a Mexican run a 4.39 in testing. We also had a 220 lb safety run a 4.41.... new Ratelle? Perhaps.

Anyway

Logos: Teh emo bison. The previous logo was better. No lightning bolt. This bison doesn't know which bathroom to use at Target. It may be associated with championships but it's still a looser.

Teh Fhawk. So clean, so simple, so refined, so perfect. My favorite part of it is that it pisses of the Sioux Forever fucktards. They only live for one thing and now it's gone. It's not a perfect logo by any means, not even close, but it's better than yours and thats all that ever matters, ever.

Advantage: Fhawks

Coaching: Burgundy told me in an intimate conversation over ice cold Zimas that Kleiman took the year off and handed the keys to Carson Wentz. Bubba was two injuries away from a 9-2 season.

Advantage: Bubba - and it aint even close

QB: Hockey Stick is an unprov.... so he went 8-0 as a starter last year, big fuckin deal. Congrats to Cole Davis on being the new best QB at NDSU.

Studsrud improved by leaps and bounds as the season went on last year. After he came back from injury he was surgical. He went 7-1 in games that he started and finished. He got some serious wheels and a lightning quick release. Pretty similar player to Hockey Stick. A little slimmer and a little quicker release. Our backups are absolute horse shit. This is the one major failure on the roster for Bubba so far as a coach. It's eerily similar to when Bohl built up NDSU's roster and neglected the QB spot. Hopefully Bubba starts to bring in one really good qb a year like NDSU has been doing.

Advantage: NDSU - I can't even try to spin this one just because of the depth issue.

RB: Bruce Anderson is NDSU's best RB. He seems to have the total package. I expect him to be the man next year. Frazier just doesn't really do anything special. He's a tough runner but lacks shake and break away speed, still a solid player though. Morlock is one of my favorite players on NDSU. He can do a bit of everything and is a hell of a lot faster than people think. Dunn was supposed to be the home run hitter last year but things didn't exactly work out with for him with so many good backs splitting carries. I think this coming season with be Bruce Anderson's breakout and the one after will be Dunn's.

UND now has a really deep backfield. It went from basically nothing to completely loaded. John Santiago blew up as a true freshman averaging 6.5 yards a carry and scoring 16 times. He didn't get the ball enough against NDSU so I know you guys probably have a screwed view of him as a player. Interestingly enough it's not his speed or vision that is his best asset, it's his stiff arm. He absolutely obliterates would be tacklers with it. Trust me, he's as good as any back in the country. Word on the street is he got even faster, ran a 4.39 40 this spring, and put on some muscle. Brady Olivera is a 220 lb keg of Molson. He's a little faster than molasses but runs like someone duct taped a case of Molson to the goal posts. He is a load. It's a true thunder and lightning combination and you can tell that it throws off defenders. UND also has a Swedish dark horse at RB in Oscar Nevermann. He's the same size as Bruce Anderson and has some serious burst. He's also strong as shit and set a couple RB weight room records this winter. Throw in Austin Gordon who has really impressed from day one and UND rolls a legit 4 deep at the RB position.

Advantage: UND - NDSU has better depth but Santiago is just too damn good. He's just a special player.

TE: Luke Mathewson is a monster blocker on the edge for UND. He also has a good set of hands, but let's just say separation isn't exactly part of his skill set. He's a solid player but he's no Illes. Luke Fiedler is a great pass catcher with nice length but is probably a year away as far as being strong enough to be a complete tight end. The greatest recruit in the history of FCS, Joe Mellberg, has been swung out to the TE position. Can you say TE pass option? The wild card in this group is incoming fr Alex Cloyd. He's a wrestling star in NE and has great size and hands already. He might walk into the locker room and instantly be our best TE.

Ben Golden Boy Ellefson has had NDSU with tight pants ever since he committed. He's that good, i guess. Nate Jenson is tall. Connor Wentz could use refinement on his chop block technique, I hear he has soft hands though. Jeff Illies has teh crazies speeds but do think the coaches are going to ask him to seal the edge?

Advantage: NDSU - It's a toss up for me here. Some proven blockers on each side and a couple youngsters with great upside. I'll do you guys a solid since I feel bad about the SBoHE picking on your president.

OL: NDSU looses an all time great at LT. Tough loss, it's really too bad. Look, I know that the OL is often referred to as the big uglies but I think NDSU may have taken this a bit far. Seriously these guys are big and UGLY. Leading the way in the big and ugly category is Jack The Mountain Plankers. He's a big ol boy. He doesn't have the feet of a tackle though so if you guys need him to slide out there you will have issues. He'll make a nice guard though. Landon Lechler probably has some big ass feet, but are they big enough to fill the shoes of Joe Heag? Probably not but he's a solid OL. Zack Johnson is seemingly on his 10th year of eligibility. He's a classic NDSU ram, he's got a big old boiler on him and he really leans on guys in the run game. Kuhnert is a lock at center. He's good at football. So the question is who is going to be the other tackle? Bacon? Johnson? Conner? Either way, I think teh Rams will be the same old Rams. Big, ugly, and effective.

UND replaces three seniors on the interior one of which was an All American. AJ Stockwell is a name you're all familiar with and he is a big athletic mean son of a bitch. Fully 6'6" and strong as an ox. He's a real ass kicker. Same temperament as Austin Richards. Word on the street is that Elijah Grady Train is coming back to UND. He had left school to be with his baby mama and kid. If he comes back it will be huge because he is an absolute monster with big time NFL potential. Demon Taylor is built like a dump truck and can really move people in the run game. Look for him to secure one of the guard spots. The other guard spot will come down to athletic but unproven Dan Bell and oft injured Brandon Miller. Both are more than capable and, if healthy, my money is on Miller who plays with a big mean streak. At center there is a battle between Grant Aplin who is short but has everything else you want in an OL and Matt Cox who can play anywhere along the line. Wether he's the starter at center or not Cox is a crucial member of the OL because he's the human swiss army knife.

Advantage: Rams - even though, with Grady, UND could have two All American level OT filling three spots makes me unable to make this homer pick.....

WR: UND struggled in the passing game until the final few games of the year. The numbers weren't great but there are a couple decent players. Clive Georges has decent height and blazing speed. He broke his hand in the first game of the year which threw his year off a bit. Down the stretch he was unstoppable and ended the season with a 25 ypc average. If he stays healthy he can really take the top off the defense and can turn a slant into a huge gain at any moment. Luke Stanley is a nice 6'4" possession guy who runs good routes and has great hands. Josh Seibel was our slot guy but he tore his knee up in spring ball and might miss most if not all of the season. Alex Reed is supposed to fill the need in the slot, never seen him play so I've got nothing. RFR Tim Dulin could be an x factor for this group. He's a lanky 6'4" and has some serious skills. UND is also bringing in two very tall and skilled WRs in Tavis Toivoinen and Noah Wanzek. One or both of them could be a factor next year.

RJ Urzinblowski is still the same old stud he was as a fr. Darius Sheppherd was impressive as hell last season. He is just a baller. Marquise Bridges was supposedly a stud when you guys got him as a recruit so maybe he'll be a play maker next season. What NDSU lacks is height. TFR Engle might provide that. His film was pretty impressive.

Advantage: UND - this was a hard decision to come to, I went with Georges/Stanley over Urblanzowski/Sheppherd because of more height and diversity of skill set.

Dang dude, your three-day weekend buzz is still going strong. You and that SiouxVolley character must have been sharing drinks.

(Just a little bit of purple)

ndsubison1
07-05-2016, 11:31 PM
Maybe......

BisonHorns
07-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Even though the F'er names are unfamiliar it was fun to read. I do see where on seperate fields your guys look good but it changes when they are on the same field at the same time as us. Un- is ridiculous.

thebigund
07-06-2016, 12:27 AM
Even though the F'er names are unfamiliar it was fun to read. I do see where on seperate fields your guys look good but it changes when they are on the same field at the same time as us. Un- is ridiculous.
Not gonna lie, the UN_ thing doesn't make sense anymore. UND hangs their hat on defense now and will have one of the best in the nation despite going against so many high powered offenses in the Big Sky. Just look at what we did to the vaunted Cal Poly triple option in the finale of last season. We held them to only 153 yards rushing, about 200 below their season average. The secondary was so young last year and not quite deep enough. This year will be different though. I'm confident in the UND secondary for the first time since 2006...... That's a freaking decade on incompetence....

3Putt
07-06-2016, 12:28 AM
I don't remember the last time I heard 40 times or weight lifting numbers for a bison. Unless it was at the combine of course.

thebigund
07-06-2016, 12:35 AM
I don't remember the last time I heard 40 times or weight lifting numbers for a bison. Unless it was at the combine of course.

Ojuri tweeted his out when he was a senior. So it's been a couple years. Can you blame me for being proud of teh crazies?

StL Bison Fan
07-06-2016, 12:45 AM
I understand your optimism
Bubba built a great defense while at SIU.

Oh, wait. Never mind...

3Putt
07-06-2016, 12:50 AM
Ojuri tweeted his out when he was a senior. So it's been a couple years. Can you blame me for being proud of teh crazies?

Of course not. You take that feeling of pride wherever you can get it.

Christopher Moen
07-06-2016, 01:20 AM
Not gonna lie, the UN_ thing doesn't make sense anymore. UND hangs their hat on defense now and will have one of the best in the nation despite going against so many high powered offenses in the Big Sky. Just look at what we did to the vaunted Cal Poly triple option in the finale of last season. We held them to only 153 yards rushing, about 200 below their season average. The secondary was so young last year and not quite deep enough. This year will be different though. I'm confident in the UND secondary for the first time since 2006...... That's a freaking decade on incompetence....

That "vaunted" triple-option offense also had 211 yards PASSING against your defense!

If you want impressiveness, just look at what the Bison defense did to (no were not bringing up the UND beatdown again) Jacksonville State's offense (http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400857728), then compare what that offense did against a fairly-good P5 team (http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400603863)).

Sorry Charlie, no "D" for you.

thebigund
07-06-2016, 02:03 AM
That "vaunted" triple-option offense also had 211 yards PASSING against your defense!

If you want impressiveness, just look at what the Bison defense did to (no were not bringing up the UND beatdown again) Jacksonville State's offense (http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400857728), then compare what that offense did against a fairly-good P5 team (http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400603863)).

They hit one long, 70 yards or so, pass in the game. Everything else wasn't much of anything. They were forced to pass 20 times. That's quite a lot for a triple option team like them. I'm going to assume that you didn't watch that game. We killed them. Absolute murdered them.

tony
07-06-2016, 02:07 AM
You should do one of these for UND v USD.

Christopher Moen
07-06-2016, 02:10 AM
They hit one long, 70 yards or so, pass in the game. Everything else wasn't much of anything. They were forced to pass 20 times. That's quite a lot for a triple option team like them. I'm going to assume that you didn't watch that game. We killed them. Absolute murdered them.

On Saturdays, if the Bison, or a team that's a threat to beat NDSU, aren't playing, chances are I'm doing something else. So in this case, no, I most definitely wasn't watching. :)

El_Chapo
07-06-2016, 02:17 AM
why do you small town small timey dweebs even reply to this chump? its so D2, its embarrassing

No_Skill
07-06-2016, 02:55 AM
You should do one of these for UND v USD.

...preferably on the USD board.

NDSU1980
07-06-2016, 03:00 AM
Not gonna lie, the UN_ thing doesn't make sense anymore. .
You are right. From now one your team should be known as - - -. The whole team is pretty much irrelevant.

Check negative rep.

wagsabison
07-06-2016, 10:40 AM
It was kind of funny

BisonHorns
07-06-2016, 12:15 PM
You are right. From now one your team should be known as - - -. The whole team is pretty much irrelevant.

Check negative rep.

I love the idea of switcing to ---! However a --- name change could take 50 years.

EC8CH
07-06-2016, 12:48 PM
How's that 2017 fhawker recruiting class taking shape? Is there even a single verbal yet?

tjbison
07-06-2016, 01:02 PM
How's that 2017 fhawker recruiting class taking shape? Is there even a single verbal yet?

its not how many...its the quality

heard that from a F'N Hawk fan...i laughed

Bisonator98
07-06-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm surprised gueaxfawker is still around, thought you would have been down stalking a rookie Atlanta Falcon fullback. Or did willie get cut already?

What are you going to do when the F'awkers fail to make the PO's with that weak as wet toilet paper schedule this season? Bring in more weight lifting equipment? Maybe some more flour for the roux? Will be hilarious if they do go 8-3 and are left out because they have no quality losses again. :rofl:

BTW when is Faison finally going to schedule 6 home games? Aren't your guys tired of whoring themselves out yet?

cbline
07-06-2016, 01:44 PM
I'm surprised gueaxfawker is still around, thought you would have been down stalking a rookie Atlanta Falcon fullback. Or did willie get cut already?

What are you going to do when the F'awkers fail to make the PO's with that weak as wet toilet paper schedule this season? Bring in more weight lifting equipment? Maybe some more flour for the roux? Will be hilarious if they do go 8-3 and are left out because they have no quality losses again. :rofl:

BTW when is Faison finally going to schedule 6 home games? Aren't your guys tired of whoring themselves out yet?

Need to somehow work in the new nickname with this, if possible. Something like "Hawring themselves", perhaps???

IBleedYellow
07-06-2016, 01:44 PM
Mr. BigUND.

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that can be considered a rationale thought.

Everyone that reads this forum is now dumber for having to read it.

I award you 1 point, and give you an lol for trying.

KilldeerBison
07-06-2016, 02:00 PM

Remember Bohl talking about the California teams. He said; they always have tons of talent, but you never know how they're going to play. He repeated a story told to him by a head coach: on a game day a starting player was extremely late for pregame, he had lost track of time while surfing.

NDSU92
07-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Not gonna lie, the UN_ thing doesn't make sense anymore.

I think you're right. After it took 45 minutes to get a first down last year, UND should be referred to as 'N_rth Dak_ta'

17>1
07-06-2016, 02:24 PM
After reading that analysis, I think UN_ could go toe to toe with just about anyone this year.

gotts
07-06-2016, 02:30 PM
It's clear they're not Fhawking around this year, they mean business.

cbline
07-06-2016, 02:58 PM
I think you're right. After it took 45 minutes to get a first down last year, UND should be referred to as 'N_rth Dak_ta'

If you add their game before they played the Bison, they had 15 consecutive three-and-outs. Let that soak in for a bit.

thebigund
07-06-2016, 03:06 PM
If you add their game before they played the Bison, they had 15 consecutive three-and-outs. Let that soak in for a bit.

Bubba was quoted as saying they should have given Santiago the ball more against NDSU even though he was coming off of a very bad performance the game before when he caught fumblitis.

thebigund
07-06-2016, 03:11 PM

We had our first verbal after the July camp last year and ended up with i think 8 before that week was done. So I guess you could say I'm not worried, yet.

EC8CH
07-06-2016, 03:43 PM
We had our first verbal after the July camp last year and ended up with i think 8 before that week was done. So I guess you could say I'm not worried, yet.

Keeping thinking that getting verbals only after the top talent in the region has committed elsewhere isn't a problem. Ugly girls get asked to the prom too... they just need to wait a bit longer.

thebigund
07-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Keeping thinking that getting verbals only after the top talent in the region has committed elsewhere isn't a problem. Ugly girls get asked to the prom too... they just need to wait a bit longer.

But they put out unlike your hot date who doesn't want to mess up her hair and makeup.

EC8CH
07-06-2016, 03:49 PM
But they put out unlike your hot date who doesn't want to mess up her hair and makeup.

Hot dates put out for jewelry.

http://i.imgur.com/DVvg7Jg.jpg

Mr Meaty
07-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Hot dates put out for jewelry.

http://i.imgur.com/DVvg7Jg.jpg

Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebigund
07-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Yea, well they have a shallow personality and no sense of humor so there....

Bisonator98
07-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Bubba was quoted as saying they should have given Santiago the ball more against NDSU even though he was coming off of a very bad performance the game before when he caught fumblitis.

OK so if you extrapolate out his 1.8 yards per carry and give him 20 more carries that's still only 43.2 yards. Something tells me that still aint getting the F'awkers even close to being competitive! :rofl:

thebigund
07-06-2016, 04:35 PM
OK so if you extrapolate out his 1.8 yards per carry and give him 20 more carries that's still only 43.2 yards. Something tells me that still aint getting the F'awkers even close to being competitive! :rofl:

True football minds like myself understand that it doesn't work like that. Especially with a RB the skill level of Santiago. For all we know he could have ended up averaging .9 ypc if he had more touches. More than likely though he would have ended up with about 250 and 3 TDS, give or take.

Bisonator98
07-06-2016, 04:48 PM
True football minds like myself understand that it doesn't work like that. Especially with a RB the skill level of Santiago. For all we know he could have ended up averaging .9 ypc if he had more touches. More than likely though he would have ended up with about 250 and 3 TDS, give or take.

Lol I think .9 is probably more accurate.

Vet70
07-06-2016, 05:58 PM
2011-2015
Overall record, NDSU 71-5 (93.4%), UND 28-28 (50%). Advantage NDSU.
Head to head, NDSU 1-0, 34-9 over the vaunted UND defense. Advantage NDSU.
Against FBS teams, NDSU 4-0, UND 1-4. Advantage NDSU.
Playoff record, NDSU, 20-0, UND 0-0. Slight advantage to NDSU, both undefeated.
FCS National Championships, NDSU 5 for 5, UND 0-0. Advantage NDSU.
Dreams of having a competitive team, advantage UND.

17>1
07-06-2016, 06:16 PM
2011-2015

FYP

Here's another one that is near and dear to me, Overall Titles 13>1

Vet70
07-06-2016, 06:29 PM
FYP

Here's another one that is near and dear to me, Overall Titles 13>1

Thanks for fixing the post, I made the correction. I did think of the overall championships, but thought that I made my point.

IzzyFlexion
07-06-2016, 06:37 PM
2011-2015

cool........I'm tied with the undies for most playoff wins at the FCS level.*

*it is worth noting that Vet is 3 up on 'em.**
** That's wins not length***
***twss****
****multiple asterisk style of posting permission granted by teh TAB

ndsubison1
07-06-2016, 06:50 PM
2011-2015

Butt nickel

FrozenTech
07-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Butt nickel

The only reason we don't have the nickle is they refused to play for it because of an Indian head.

If they had, due to our previous win in the match ups at the D1 level... said Nickle would be ours. And never again leave its sacred home.

tony
07-06-2016, 07:04 PM
The only reason we don't have the nickle is they refused to play for it because they are pricks.

Fixed it for you.

FrozenTech
07-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Fixed it for you.

Touché Tony... Touché.

grizlandbisonfan
07-06-2016, 07:09 PM
For some reason I love these threads by thebigund. They are like a fine wine that just get better with age.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30279-Playoff-Matchup-2013

IzzyFlexion
07-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Touché Tony... Touché.

That was my porn name in the 1991 critically acclaimed feature film, The Da Vinci Load.

BisonFanAnn
07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
The only reason we don't have the nickle is they refused to play for it because of an Indian head.

If they had, due to our previous win in the match ups at the D1 level... said Nickle would be ours. And never again leave its sacred home.

They hide the nickel trophy away, so no one can see the Indian head. We display it proudly, in a way that no one can see the Indian head. They might as well let us play for it.

thebigund
07-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Cue the Jock Jams cause this is the main event. That's right, it's all about the D. UND's D seems to be getting bigger and harder each of the last three years while NDSU is trying to maintain their rock hard girth for a fourth year (might want to consult your physician about that). These Playoff Matchups used to be about fire and ice. UND had the high flying passing attack to set the scoreboard on fire and NDSU shit on everyones party like a poorly executed ice bucket challenge. Thanks to Bubba we finally get some quality D on D action, just like wrestling practice, and i wasn't even on the team..... Anyway.... I think we can all agree that yards are a big deal for defense, it's huge to keep teams from crossing half field before half time. But the money maker has always and will always be points scored.

As usual I did a ton of in depth statistical research, used algorithms, a couple semi colons, a few beers. I came across an astounding stat. NDSU gave up only 15 pts/gm last season through 15 contests. That is the stuff of legends..... until you realize that the previous year NDSU yielded 14 puts/gm. Wow surely they must never have been a better FCS defense. Well before that NDSU went on a two year tear of allowing 11 pts/gm for 2 fucking years. And the year before those two? 12 pts/gm.... That is what you call a combination of talent, hard work, and an entire program getting pissed off about the year before and taking it out on everything in their way till they are forced to hand in their uniforms. It's pretty remarkable.

I also noticed a different trend. Over 6 years NDSUs puts/gm allowed has been 18-12-11-11-14-15. Now that is crazy, but it also shows that the level of defense is slipping in the wrong direction. Obviously you can't maintain that level of defensive perfection with how rosters turn over in college so it's bound to happen. I'd expect NDSU to allow 16 or 17 pts/gm this season. Still ridiculously good but keeping with the trend. Now, let's compare UND's D pts/gm allowed, you know, just for fun. I'm only doing this for UND's year in the Big Fluff since we had a few D2's on the schedule in the years leading up to our Big Sky entrance. 34-33-26-25........... Can anyone guess when Bubba was hired? Holy shit those first two years in the Big Sky were rough.... The numbers aren't that impressive but when you consider the shit show that was inherited by Bubba he's done pretty damn well. Wisely he has gone with a bottom up approach to rebuilding his defense. D Line was the foundation obviously. The LBs were the walls. Now the leaky roof is patched. Expect UND to allow under 20 pts/gm this year. O yea.... depth charts.

In the past Playoff Matchup threads I would clump groups together on both sides of the ball to make UND appear deeper..... Not anymore

DE: NDSU has Greg Menard. This dude is an animal. I wanted him at UND about as bad as any player in the last 5 years. His burst of the ball is beyond elite. He stays so low around the corner that it's almost impossible to block him if he gets any advantage on the outside. He's also fast enough to shed a block and run anyone down to the far sideline. I think he's a surefire All American this year. He's one of the reasons I watch NDSU when I can. I think he will be an NFL OLB if he wants to. Brad Ambrosius is a very different type of DE. He does't even sniff Menard with regard to pass rush capability but he is long and tough and can really disrupt against the run. He'll throw in a few sacks here and there but he's more of an eat blocks and get the job done type of player. Jarrod Tuszka and Stanley Jones are two very good young prospects at DE. Great size and motor on each of them. Both poor mans Jared Allen types.

UND finally has a legit, deep group of D1 DEs. Drew Greeley and Brandon Dranka were apart of the foundation of that. Both guys are from Bubba's first class and both are mean SOBs on the edge. It's tough to make a lot of plays as a DE in a 3-4 but these guys are always around the ball. Noah Johnson is a big boy at 6-2 273 lbs. He can set the edge and also get after the QB a little bit. He made an immediate impact for UND last year after transferring in. He was a big part of the defensive line resurgence. Alec Carrothers is ol reliable for UND. He works his ass off and is never injured. He's a great depth guy with the ultimate motor. Austin Cieslak is a monster. He's 6'4" 280 lbs and can really move. He was only a fr last year and was already a man out there. OTs struggle to move him in the run game and he can really turn the edge in the pass rush. Watch out for this guy over the next three years because he is something special. He's also an ND kid as most of you should know. Carl Engwall and Carter Wilson are promising FR (aren't they all.) Engwall is a tough run stopper, doesn't really have the twitch to cause too much trouble in the pass game but is another motor guy. Wilson is a nice looking athlete but is a year away size and strength wise, good potential though. The guy to really watch for this year is Mason Bennett. He is a special athlete. He's a long 6'4" and might not be done growing. He's got great speed and flexibility. And he's beefed up a lot over the winter. From everything I've heard he is ready to make an immediate impact as a RFR next season. He might be the most gifted athlete on the entire team.

Advantage: UND - we have more proven depth at the DE position. NDSU has the best player in this comparison with Menard but it remains to be seen what the young guys can do, I'm sure they're great but they haven't really played yet. UND wins this one 5-3 by my count as far as proven good players goes.

DT: UND has been searching for a brick shit house at this position for a while. Tank Harris seems to fit that role perfectly. He's only a SO and 6'3" 300lbs with a big ol booty. Seriously it's bigger than Schaetz's arms. As a fr he plugged things up and showed surprisingly nimble feet for a big boy. His potential is as enormous as his booty and he should have a very good season at a mostly thankless position. Nick Schmitz had a surprise season last year. He's a small town ND kid who busted his ass, like they all do, and worked his way into the lineup as a flexible play anywhere along the line type of guy. He's a key piece now and he's earned it. He's a big guy and plays as a big DE and a smaller DT and does them both really well. He's a tough dude that's always in the middle of the action. It's rare for a TFR to be able to step in and play two gaps in college but Steve Greer is built like a bull. He's build a lot like Schaetz and plays a lot like him. Nothing fancy, always in the way, farm strong.

NDSU has had a nice little run on mean athletic DTs that can disrupt the game on their own instead of just eating blocks. Gratzek - Perry - Tanguay -Who's next? If we're going by chins it will be Aaron Steidl, you heard it here first. So the next great DT at NDSU is Steidl, that's great, but the current one is only a JR? Nate Tanguay is the hear of the NDSU defense. He spits fire and talks about as much shit as I've seen from an interior defensive lineman. He backs it up though, he's a beast. His pad level and hands make him really hard to block and it seems like every time I watch NDSU he absolutely blows up at least one run play. He's a really really good player. Is Grant Morgan that one guy who had tons of FBS offers and lots of gold stars to his name? If so, what the fuck happened? Or is he going to blow up this year? Seriously, I want to know. As I look down the DT roster I notice 1) how many there are and 2) I don't know more than the height and weight for most of these guys.... They're on NDSU's roster so they're all potential All Americans otherwise they'd be a FHawk.

Advantage: NDSU - Tanguay is a monster in the middle but this is more about my boy Steidl, he is going to smash opponent with his chin until they say uncle, and then he'll give them one more for good measure. Grant Hollywood Morgan also provides good depth behind the Midway Monster and Chinasaurus Rex. I was going to be an ass and say UND with the advantage here but I looked at Steidl's roster pic again and got scared...

thebigund
07-06-2016, 10:17 PM
OLB: I've heard so many of you twats gush over Pierre Gee-Tucker ever since he was a recruit. He truly was God's gift to football. He's a decent player. Good speed, not very big and has known to miss tackles. His speed is his best asset and it allows him to not be a liability in pass coverage which seems to get more important every year. He's like a shity Travis Beck. On the other side MJ Stumpf is a really nice looking player. He's another smallish OLB for NDSU, but like the rest of them he is in great shape and can run sideline to sideline for 5 quarters. He was pretty impressive against UND last season and has defiantly made good on his potential. He's like a taller, not quite as fast or crazy Travis Beck. Remember when Chris Board was the mammoth safety who was going to kill every opposing player ever? Well he went from a slowish stiff hipped poor instinct having safety to a useful hybrid LB. I'd like to say I always knew he should have been a LB because I did, it was obvious, and you guys are dumb. I expect him to, again, average 2 tackles/game. I guess my next question is who is expected to be the 4th OLB? Or is this going to be like the year where you guys had literally 1 MLB in Grant Olson and he played every snap and didn't get injured even though he had like 200 tackles?

UND is pretty loaded here. Brian Labatt is big 6'3" 235 fast and mean. He's a TFL machine. He's a great athlete and had a pick 6 last season. Jake Disterhaupt had a breakout year last season. He put on some weight (converted safety) and it translated to his stats. He plays with a rare fire, kind of like Tanguay, and that allows him to make some plays that you wouldn't think he is capable of. He's one of our more valuable defenders because he can stop the run, rush the passer, and cover the slot a TE or a back. He's really a fun player to watch, also a stud special teamer. Jawon Johnson started the season out as a safety, kind of like Board but without the tackling issues. He was great at stopping the run but didn't have the instincts for pass coverage. After he slid down to the OLB spot he really grew into an asset. He delivers bone crushing hits every game and is a real kamikaze on special teams. He's completely reckless with how he goes into contact and I love it. He gained some good weight this winter and should have a breakout season. Jade Lawrence and Keelan Poole both redshirted last season and impressed the hell out of the coaches in the spring. Lawrence is just really good at football and has surprising movement ability. Keenan Poole is an exciting prospect. He's long and can both cover and rush the passer. He is someone to really watch. He has a bright future ahead of him.

Advantage: UND - not only are UND's OLB showcased more in their scheme but we have three really good players that are proven to NDSU's two.

ILB Well, UND looses their best LB since Digger Anderson.... I can't even bring myself to type his name.... it's a wound that is still a bit fresh. Anyway UND still has plenty of good players in the middle. Taj Rich was Robin to Will Rat...... I just can't. Taj is a tackling machine. He tore his ACL against Portland St last year and before that was basically tied for the team lead in tackles. Beside him will be Connor O'Brien who stepped in after Taj was injured last year and provided a nice spark. He's a sideline to sideline MLB and is capable in pass coverage. He also wears a neck roll so don't fuck with him, he's old school. Dylan Bakker is from Amsterdam and when he's not stoned out of his gourd he is a pretty reliable LB. He can really run and had a couple games with great numbers like his 14 tackle game against Montana. The X Factor in this group is Dijon Murray, a juco transfer who ran a 4.47 40 this spring, has the potential to explode onto the scene this year. His juice film, as reliable as that is, was really good and with his speed he should be an asset on passing downs. From what I hear RFR Donnel Rodgers has a bright bright future. Maybe not this next season but the one after he should be another one to watch because he has exciting potential.

NDSU has the best MLB in FCS and perhaps all of college football in Nick DeLuca. He's just a different animal than NDSU's other LBs and there is no way in hell that those dimwitted Cornhuskers should have let him leave the state. At 6'3" 245 he doesn't even look that bulked up. He's just a proportional extremely fit athlete who is a nightmare. His coverage skills and most of all his hands are impressive. His int in the title game was stupid. He's maybe the best player on either roster. Maybe. Either way, pencil him in as the first team MLB and an NFL draft pick. He's fun to watch even though he's wearing the wrong green. Who's his back up? Matt Plank? Who gives a shit.

Advantage: Nick DeLuca and therefore NDSU. He's just too good.

CB: This one should be fun. Jalen Alison looked pretty good in the action he got. He's got a great frame and can move pretty well. Dakota Reid also seems to be the next guy up. Doesn't have the frame of Alison but that doesn't always matter. Outside of these two I don't think any other corner on the roster has played. This will be an interesting situation for NDSU as I don't remember a time with this much CB youth since Marcus William was a fr. I'm assuming you guys will be fine but I wouldn't mind seeing this position group as a liability for NDSU. As a UND fan, I know as well as anyone that it doesn't matter how good your front 7 is if you have liabilities as CBs.

For the first time since 2007 I am confident in the depth and experience of our CBs. Deion Harris has all the physical tools, he's 6'3" and can run like the wind. His big weakness at UND so far has been experience since he didn't play CB in high school. He has struggled at times and has also shined. He ended up with an impressive 12 PBUs and an ok 2 INTs. This will be his year. Tyus Carter player as a TFR last season. When we were getting our shit kicked in against NDSU he was one of a hand full of UND guys that looked ready and didn't give a shit about who NDSU was. He's a very physical corner who is good in run support. As most guys who played as TFR I'm expecting Tyus to make a big contribution next year and lock the other side down. Jahmere Irvin-Sills transferred to UND from Mississippi State and you could tell that he is an SEC level athlete from day one. He was very raw to start the year but progressed nicely and made some plays late in the year. Version Tucker is an interesting guy, he went to a prep school after receiving a ton of FBS offers and ended up at UND. He's got good size but I'm gonna hold my breathe on this guy til he plays in a real game. Torrey Hunt is a transfer from the Naval Prep Academy. He's 6'1" and blazing fast. Nobody's quite sure if he'll play safety of corner or both but one thing is for sure, this kid is an athletic son of a bitch. He really stood out during the spring game. Shout out to Garret Bolant. This white boy ran a 4.37 40 in the spring. Maybe he can translate that speed to the field and be more than a special teamer.

Advantage: This one is a toss up for me both teams need guys to step up. So I flipped a coin and UND won.

Safety: I start out by swinging for the fences. Cole Reyes is perhaps the best safety in the entire nation, and he's only a junior. He was injured for two games, we lost both, but he still ended up with 71 tackles (8 tfl) on the year. Turns out that Colton Heagle and Christian Dudzik had a love child while at NDSU and his name is Cole Reyes. Cole runs like Dudzik and stops the run like Heagle. He's far and away UND's best player (even better than Santiago) and is up there with DeLuca for best on either team. He's 6'2" 220 and runs a 4.41 40. You may remember Zach Arnell as the guy who has, let's just say, flexible shins..... before his bones did yoga he was Reyes' running mate in the defensive backfield and was a bit of a safety valve for UND's defense. He's got length at 6'2" and good range. He's better against the pass than the run. If he can regain his pre injury form he will start. Tanner Palmborg was a pleasant surprise late season. He was a walk on and had his shirt pulled. As the season went on he became a very reliable player with surprising athleticism. He might start next year, he had a really good spring.

Robbie Grimsley had a really rough start to the season, which I liked. Unfortunately he improved every single game and by the championship he was making plays and was no longer a liability.... He's not the biggest safety but he's good at football. Now that he really understands NDSU's scheme and is used to the speed of the college game I regretfully must admit that NDSU is in good shape at SS thanks to him. If Tre Dempsey is able to stay at FS that will be absolutely huge for NDSU. If not it may start out like last season with the safety position costing NDSU a game or two. Dempsey is a really good player with tremendous coverage and ball skills. He lacks size but makes up for it with his skill. Wimbush seems like the third guy in this group. Could he play FS if Dempsey has to slide to CB? If he can't you will be pulling some shirts at safety again.

Advantage: UND Cole Reyes is just too good.

By my count UND wins this one 4-2. If I were to split the safety position up it would be 4-3 UND since Dempsey is a good FS. But does this mean that UND has the better defense overall? Unfortunately not... UND faces some tough offenses and NDSU has been able to get to the QB without blitzing all the time which is huge. Until UND proves they are better I just can't say they are. Looks infinitely better than in years past which is great but it's time to prove it.

No_Skill
07-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Holy hell...you're right about Steidl.

Vet70
07-06-2016, 10:28 PM
Bottom line---UND will be 8-3 because it has as easy a schedule as you can imagine. They will make the playoffs, maybe win a playoff game, and then get their ass kicked again by NDSU in the Dome. The Bison will be 10-1, maybe 9-2 against Iowa and the toughest FCS conference in the nation. They will be solid contenders to win six titles in a row, while there are proclamations that the worm continues to turn.

ZHerd
07-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Why no 12th man evaluation? Some here have big chins...sometimes even 2 big chins

NDSU1980
07-06-2016, 11:05 PM

Bigund, I mean Big- - - is in charge of giving out verbals, and he can only do one a night, so they are rather slow this year.

Christopher Moen
07-06-2016, 11:43 PM
OLB: I've heard so many of you twats gush over Pierre Gee-Tucker ever since he was a recruit. He truly was God's gift to football. He's a decent player. Good speed, not very big and has known to miss tackles. His speed is his best asset and it allows him to not be a liability in pass coverage which seems to get more important every year. He's like a shity Travis Beck. On the other side MJ Stumpf is a really nice looking player. He's another smallish OLB for NDSU, but like the rest of them he is in great shape and can run sideline to sideline for 5 quarters. He was pretty impressive against UND last season and has defiantly made good on his potential. He's like a taller, not quite as fast or crazy Travis Beck. Remember when Chris Board was the mammoth safety who was going to kill every opposing player ever? Well he went from a slowish stiff hipped poor instinct having safety to a useful hybrid LB. I'd like to say I always knew he should have been a LB because I did, it was obvious, and you guys are dumb. I expect him to, again, average 2 tackles/game. I guess my next question is who is expected to be the 4th OLB? Or is this going to be like the year where you guys had literally 1 MLB in Grant Olson and he played every snap and didn't get injured even though he had like 200 tackles?

UND is pretty loaded here. Brian Labatt is big 6'3" 235 fast and mean. He's a TFL machine. He's a great athlete and had a pick 6 last season. Jake Disterhaupt had a breakout year last season. He put on some weight (converted safety) and it translated to his stats. He plays with a rare fire, kind of like Tanguay, and that allows him to make some plays that you wouldn't think he is capable of. He's one of our more valuable defenders because he can stop the run, rush the passer, and cover the slot a TE or a back. He's really a fun player to watch, also a stud special teamer. Jawon Johnson started the season out as a safety, kind of like Board but without the tackling issues. He was great at stopping the run but didn't have the instincts for pass coverage. After he slid down to the OLB spot he really grew into an asset. He delivers bone crushing hits every game and is a real kamikaze on special teams. He's completely reckless with how he goes into contact and I love it. He gained some good weight this winter and should have a breakout season. Jade Lawrence and Keelan Poole both redshirted last season and impressed the hell out of the coaches in the spring. Lawrence is just really good at football and has surprising movement ability. Keenan Poole is an exciting prospect. He's long and can both cover and rush the passer. He is someone to really watch. He has a bright future ahead of him.

Advantage: UND - not only are UND's OLB showcased more in their scheme but we have three really good players that are proven to NDSU's two.

ILB Well, UND looses their best LB since Digger Anderson.... I can't even bring myself to type his name.... it's a wound that is still a bit fresh. Anyway UND still has plenty of good players in the middle. Taj Rich was Robin to Will Rat...... I just can't. Taj is a tackling machine. He tore his ACL against Portland St last year and before that was basically tied for the team lead in tackles. Beside him will be Connor O'Brien who stepped in after Taj was injured last year and provided a nice spark. He's a sideline to sideline MLB and is capable in pass coverage. He also wears a neck roll so don't fuck with him, he's old school. Dylan Bakker is from Amsterdam and when he's not stoned out of his gourd he is a pretty reliable LB. He can really run and had a couple games with great numbers like his 14 tackle game against Montana. The X Factor in this group is Dijon Murray, a juco transfer who ran a 4.47 40 this spring, has the potential to explode onto the scene this year. His juice film, as reliable as that is, was really good and with his speed he should be an asset on passing downs. From what I hear RFR Donnel Rodgers has a bright bright future. Maybe not this next season but the one after he should be another one to watch because he has exciting potential.

NDSU has the best MLB in FCS and perhaps all of college football in Nick DeLuca. He's just a different animal than NDSU's other LBs and there is no way in hell that those dimwitted Cornhuskers should have let him leave the state. At 6'3" 245 he doesn't even look that bulked up. He's just a proportional extremely fit athlete who is a nightmare. His coverage skills and most of all his hands are impressive. His int in the title game was stupid. He's maybe the best player on either roster. Maybe. Either way, pencil him in as the first team MLB and an NFL draft pick. He's fun to watch even though he's wearing the wrong green. Who's his back up? Matt Plank? Who gives a shit.

Advantage: Nick DeLuca and therefore NDSU. He's just too good.

CB: This one should be fun. Jalen Alison looked pretty good in the action he got. He's got a great frame and can move pretty well. Dakota Reid also seems to be the next guy up. Doesn't have the frame of Alison but that doesn't always matter. Outside of these two I don't think any other corner on the roster has played. This will be an interesting situation for NDSU as I don't remember a time with this much CB youth since Marcus William was a fr. I'm assuming you guys will be fine but I wouldn't mind seeing this position group as a liability for NDSU. As a UND fan, I know as well as anyone that it doesn't matter how good your front 7 is if you have liabilities as CBs.

For the first time since 2007 I am confident in the depth and experience of our CBs. Deion Harris has all the physical tools, he's 6'3" and can run like the wind. His big weakness at UND so far has been experience since he didn't play CB in high school. He has struggled at times and has also shined. He ended up with an impressive 12 PBUs and an ok 2 INTs. This will be his year. Tyus Carter player as a TFR last season. When we were getting our shit kicked in against NDSU he was one of a hand full of UND guys that looked ready and didn't give a shit about who NDSU was. He's a very physical corner who is good in run support. As most guys who played as TFR I'm expecting Tyus to make a big contribution next year and lock the other side down. Jahmere Irvin-Sills transferred to UND from Mississippi State and you could tell that he is an SEC level athlete from day one. He was very raw to start the year but progressed nicely and made some plays late in the year. Version Tucker is an interesting guy, he went to a prep school after receiving a ton of FBS offers and ended up at UND. He's got good size but I'm gonna hold my breathe on this guy til he plays in a real game. Torrey Hunt is a transfer from the Naval Prep Academy. He's 6'1" and blazing fast. Nobody's quite sure if he'll play safety of corner or both but one thing is for sure, this kid is an athletic son of a bitch. He really stood out during the spring game. Shout out to Garret Bolant. This white boy ran a 4.37 40 in the spring. Maybe he can translate that speed to the field and be more than a special teamer.

Advantage: This one is a toss up for me both teams need guys to step up. So I flipped a coin and UND won.

Safety: I start out by swinging for the fences. Cole Reyes is perhaps the best safety in the entire nation, and he's only a junior. He was injured for two games, we lost both, but he still ended up with 71 tackles (8 tfl) on the year. Turns out that Colton Heagle and Christian Dudzik had a love child while at NDSU and his name is Cole Reyes. Cole runs like Dudzik and stops the run like Heagle. He's far and away UND's best player (even better than Santiago) and is up there with DeLuca for best on either team. He's 6'2" 220 and runs a 4.41 40. You may remember Zach Arnell as the guy who has, let's just say, flexible shins..... before his bones did yoga he was Reyes' running mate in the defensive backfield and was a bit of a safety valve for UND's defense. He's got length at 6'2" and good range. He's better against the pass than the run. If he can regain his pre injury form he will start. Tanner Palmborg was a pleasant surprise late season. He was a walk on and had his shirt pulled. As the season went on he became a very reliable player with surprising athleticism. He might start next year, he had a really good spring.

Robbie Grimsley had a really rough start to the season, which I liked. Unfortunately he improved every single game and by the championship he was making plays and was no longer a liability.... He's not the biggest safety but he's good at football. Now that he really understands NDSU's scheme and is used to the speed of the college game I regretfully must admit that NDSU is in good shape at SS thanks to him. If Tre Dempsey is able to stay at FS that will be absolutely huge for NDSU. If not it may start out like last season with the safety position costing NDSU a game or two. Dempsey is a really good player with tremendous coverage and ball skills. He lacks size but makes up for it with his skill. Wimbush seems like the third guy in this group. Could he play FS if Dempsey has to slide to CB? If he can't you will be pulling some shirts at safety again.

Advantage: UND Cole Reyes is just too good.

By my count UND wins this one 4-2. If I were to split the safety position up it would be 4-3 UND since Dempsey is a good FS. But does this mean that UND has the better defense overall? Unfortunately not... UND faces some tough offenses and NDSU has been able to get to the QB without blitzing all the time which is huge. Until UND proves they are better I just can't say they are. Looks infinitely better than in years past which is great but it's time to prove it.

My take on your analysis ability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeIm4zacIdI

Bisonator98
07-07-2016, 01:37 AM
TLDR

10char

ByeSonBusiness
07-07-2016, 02:20 AM
Teh big und is killing it with his eval.

mtoutfitter
07-07-2016, 04:44 AM
Hey BigUndies you should go back and watch last yrs game. Sheppard schooled you guys not only catching the ball but in returns as well. Urzendowski had 2 TDs and you pick your WRs in that matchup????

Christopher Moen
07-07-2016, 05:15 AM
Hey BigUndies you should go back and watch last yrs game. Sheppard schooled you guys not only catching the ball but in returns as well. Urzendowski had 2 TDs and you pick your WRs in that matchup????

"Forget it, he's rolling."
http://i.makeagif.com/media/4-12-2015/12cNAt.gif

Christopher Moen
07-07-2016, 05:16 AM

"Forget it, he's rolling."
http://i.makeagif.com/media/4-12-2015/12cNAt.gif

thebigund
07-07-2016, 05:17 AM

Did you not read the heaping pile of praise I laid out for Sheppard? I've also been on the record about Urzenblowski being a stud from day one. Remind yourself how young and not good yet our CBs were at that point. That made those two look even better. Like I said in my post those two are similar and I picked UNDs guys because of size and greater skill set diversity. The arrival of Engel could change that obviously but he hasn't played a down yet.

tolnabison
07-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Did you not read the heaping pile of praise I laid out for Sheppard? I've also been on the record about Urzenblowski being a stud from day one. Remind yourself how young and not good yet our CBs were at that point. That made those two look even better. Like I said in my post those two are similar and I picked UNDs guys because of size and greater skill set diversity. The arrival of Engel could change that obviously but he hasn't played a down yet.
Production > Skill Set/Size

THEsocalledfan
07-07-2016, 11:43 AM

If your guys are so good, why are the playing at UN_?

MNLonghorn10
07-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Never heard of anybody on UND besides this all american running back they have. so I looked back at the NDSU box score vs them, and he did a tad better than Zenner

John Santiago 4 7 0 7 0 3 1.8

4 attempts, 7 yards, ZERO yards loss, 7 total, 0 TD's, 3 was his longest carry, 1.8 avg.

Trumpster
07-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Never heard of anybody on UND besides this all american running back they have. so I looked back at the NDSU box score vs them, and he did a tad better than Zenner

John Santiago 4 7 0 7 0 3 1.8

4 attempts, 7 yards, ZERO yards loss, 7 total, 0 TD's, 3 was his longest carry, 1.8 avg.

You gotta give him the edge, look at those stats.

scottietohottie
07-07-2016, 12:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM:facepalm:

BisonNation11
07-07-2016, 01:54 PM
My favorite part was the OLB take. UN_ "features" their OLB's better? You mean everyone else is so out of position they are the last line of defense? Or they are that weak they are attacked at will? I do get a chuckle at these breakdowns every year. It's like listening to a Twins fan with hope for the future. It's right there for the taking, buttbubblestakethewheel.

TransAmBison
07-07-2016, 02:27 PM
I don't know which is funnier...that he wrote that long of posts...or that some people read the whole thing.

thebigund
07-07-2016, 02:32 PM
My favorite part was the OLB take. UN_ "features" their OLB's better? You mean everyone else is so out of position they are the last line of defense? Or they are that weak they are attacked at will? I do get a chuckle at these breakdowns every year. It's like listening to a Twins fan with hope for the future. It's right there for the taking, buttbubblestakethewheel.

It's called the 3-4 defense where the LBs make almost all the plays. Unlike your 4-3 where the hope is that the DL makes a ton of plays and the LBs clean up.

BisonNation11
07-07-2016, 02:41 PM
It's called the 3-4 defense where the LBs make almost all the plays. Unlike your 4-3 where the hope is that the DL makes a ton of plays and the LBs clean up.

I'm aware of what defense each team plays. Please remind me how our "hoping the DL makes a ton of plays" has been working for us. I do enjoy your posts comparing the two teams as I know it's done seriously with a bunch of humor thrown in (intentionally or unintentionally). I'll stand by my Twins comparison.

thebigund
07-07-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm aware of what defense each team plays. Please remind me how our "hoping the DL makes a ton of plays" has been working for us. I do enjoy your posts comparing the two teams as I know it's done seriously with a bunch of humor thrown in (intentionally or unintentionally). I'll stand by my Twins comparison.

It's the ideal for all defenses. The reason UND went to the 3-4 back in the day was 1) to stop the NDSU veer and 2) because it was really hard to find enough great DL at the D2 level. The definition of making a play for the DL is very different in the 3-4 and 4-3.

thebigund
07-07-2016, 02:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM:facepalm:

This was a pretty funny neg rep comment from you. "Did your new mascot drink Budweiser to get that black eye? That's how your old mascot got a black eye."

scottietohottie
07-07-2016, 02:56 PM
This was a pretty funny neg rep comment from you. "Did your new mascot drink Budweiser to get that black eye? That's how your old mascot got a black eye."

I'm not going to lie this thread kind of pissess me off. Should be in the smack thread. I can't believe this many people respond to your wet dream. I even took the bate. Good job troll.

thebigund
07-07-2016, 03:00 PM
Production > Skill Set/Size

NDSU attempted over 100 more passes than UND last season. With your spread air raid offense your WRs are obviously going to have bigger stats.

TransAmBison
07-07-2016, 03:02 PM
NDSU attempted over 100 more passes than UND last season. With your spread air raid offense your WRs are obviously going to have bigger stats.Maybe it is because our offense stayed on the field more? This is fun.

Mr. Burgundy
07-07-2016, 03:04 PM
NDSU attempted over 100 more passes than UND last season. With your spread air raid offense your WRs are obviously going to have bigger stats.

DId you compare the # of games each team played?

thebigund
07-07-2016, 03:06 PM
DId you compare the # of games each team played?

No the numbers were far too complex.

Mr Meaty
07-07-2016, 03:18 PM

Maybe it is because we play more games each year. Yes

Bison bison
07-07-2016, 03:19 PM

You are a f#cking moron.

TransAmBison
07-07-2016, 03:19 PM
No the numbers were far too complex.:rofl: Good stuff. I don't get all the angst against you.

Green1
07-07-2016, 03:26 PM
:rofl: Good stuff. I don't get all the angst against you.

+1. This stuff makes me laugh. A good off season, every year thread. It has almost become a BV tradition.

Bisonator98
07-07-2016, 03:35 PM
:rofl: Good stuff. I don't get all the angst against you.

Me either. He keeps it funny around here. I think he is a closet Bison fan.

EC8CH
07-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Maybe it is because our offense stayed on the field more? This is fun.

undies lack of playoff games was already pointed out...

Vet70
07-07-2016, 04:45 PM
thebigund is fun to have around. No matter how he tries to spin the match-ups, the proof is in five straight national championships. The funny part is that unlike some on SS he gets it and knows UND is nowhere near in the same class.

THEsocalledfan
07-07-2016, 05:14 PM
thebigund is fun to have around. No matter how he tries to spin the match-ups, the proof is in five straight national championships. The funny part is that unlike some on SS he gets it and knows UND is nowhere near in the same class.

But yet, it is so much fun to give him a hard time..... :)

BisonNation11
07-07-2016, 08:29 PM
It's the ideal for all defenses. The reason UND went to the 3-4 back in the day was 1) to stop the NDSU veer and 2) because it was really hard to find enough great DL at the D2 level. The definition of making a play for the DL is very different in the 3-4 and 4-3.

Love this guy! Giving us a Bison/Fhawks football history lesson! Ask the Stache how much NDSU knows about a 3-4 defense.

StL Bison Fan
07-08-2016, 03:14 AM
Love this guy! Giving us a Bison/Fhawks football history lesson! Ask the Stache how much NDSU knows about a 3-4 defense.

And pray tell, who was the DC for the Stache???

EC8CH
07-08-2016, 03:37 AM
And pray tell, who was the DC for the Stache???

http://www.mrbubble.com/wp-content/themes/mrbubble/images/home_hero_bubble.png

thebigund
07-08-2016, 04:16 AM
Seriously though, how much better has Bubba already done than you guys thought

gotts
07-08-2016, 04:21 AM

Anyone could trip over the bar that Mussman set.

THEsocalledfan
07-08-2016, 12:16 PM
So, I finally went back and actually read the first post. UNDies is both very humerus, plus slightly delusional. Best part to me was saying UND RB's were better than NDSU. I do admit was not sure if it was him being funny or delusional.....

cbline
07-08-2016, 01:01 PM

You are right. I thought that maybe UND would score 3 points in the Fargo Dome last fall, and they got 9!

thebigund
07-08-2016, 02:05 PM
So, I finally went back and actually read the first post. UNDies is both very humerus, plus slightly delusional. Best part to me was saying UND RB's were better than NDSU. I do admit was not sure if it was him being funny or delusional.....

It's because of John Santiago. He's too good. Trust when I say he's a very different player than what you saw at the loaf last year. That was only his third game.

EC8CH
07-08-2016, 03:15 PM
It's because of John Santiago. He's too good. Trust when I say he's a very different player than what you saw at the loaf last year. That was only his third game.

He's also been playing against different defenses than he saw in the FargoDome last year.

thebigund
07-08-2016, 03:18 PM
He's also been playing against different defenses than he saw in the FargoDome last year.

He'll get quite a few more Zenners next time.

tony
07-08-2016, 03:22 PM
I was going to do a detailed breakdown of a hypothetical battle between the United States Pacific Fleet and the Spanish Armada. I heard the Spanish Armada has a new admiral and is really drilling hard on the cannons. But then I saw this thread.

17>1
07-08-2016, 03:24 PM

#buttWyoming

mtoutfitter
07-08-2016, 03:32 PM
I was going to do a detailed breakdown of a hypothetical battle between the United States Pacific Fleet and the Spanish Armada. I heard the Spanish Armada has a new admiral and is really drilling hard on the cannons. But then I saw this thread.

Now that's funny.....check rep!

thebigund
07-08-2016, 03:35 PM

http://youtu.be/fGjOsfV3ar8

THEsocalledfan
07-08-2016, 04:25 PM

Undies, you keep forgetting the conference you play in. It is like me saying Bruce Anderson is the best back in the B1G.

KilldeerBison
07-08-2016, 04:43 PM

#onetrickpony. Say a prayer, every time he gets the ball, he doesn't get hurt. You guys just don't understand, it takes depth to make playoff runs. Remember when you had the same man crush on a guy named Jake Miller? One of these years, you should get one right, just by pure luck.

thebigund
07-08-2016, 05:05 PM
#onetrickpony. Say a prayer, every time he gets the ball, he doesn't get hurt. You guys just don't understand, it takes depth to make playoff runs. Remember when you had the same man crush on a guy named Jake Miller? One of these years, you should get one right, just by pure luck.

We go 4 deep at RB so we're more than good there. Santiago doesn't take big hits because of his vision and stiff arm. At 175 lbs he didn't miss any time last year as a true fr. He got better every game and it wasn't because he was playing in the Big Sky, it's because he was a true fr.

Also Jake was a really good back, especially for his weight, but his OL was not up to snuff so he didn't have many chances to show what he had.

thebigund
07-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Undies, you keep forgetting the conference you play in. It is like me saying Bruce Anderson is the best back in the B1G.

Santiago is the best in the nation.

Bison 4 Life
07-08-2016, 05:12 PM

You mean the kid I saw go 4 for 7? hm..

ByeSonBusiness
07-08-2016, 05:13 PM

Hard to believe he's the best in the nation when I don't think he'd touch the ball in Fargo.

thebigund
07-08-2016, 05:18 PM
I know the sentiment here is that he was terrible against NDSU because teh Bizun are so good. He got 4 carries. 1.8 ypc. But if you paid any attention you'd realize that he was a true freshman who had spent all of fall camp as a WR until injuries forced him to switch to RB the week before the WYO game. And if you were paying attention you would have noticed that the week before, against Drake, he carried the ball 14 times for 32 yards and 3 fumbles. 1.9 ypc. So does this mean Drake was the second best defense in the nation? No, it means Santiago was a young player who had a couple of rough games before things really clicked for him and he quickly became an All American. He wasn't the best in the nation when we played, far from it. But, as young players do, he improved each game and became the best RB in the nation.

mtoutfitter
07-08-2016, 05:24 PM
I know the sentiment here is that he was terrible against NDSU because teh Bizun are so good. He got 4 carries. 1.8 ypc. But if you paid any attention you'd realize that he was a true freshman who had spent all of fall camp as a WR until injuries forced him to switch to RB the week before the WYO game. And if you were paying attention you would have noticed that the week before, against Drake, he carried the ball 14 times for 32 yards and 3 fumbles. 1.9 ypc. So does this mean Drake was the second best defense in the nation? No, it means Santiago was a young player who had a couple of rough games before things really clicked for him and he quickly became an All American. He wasn't the best in the nation when we played, far from it. But, as young players do, he improved each game and became the best RB in the nation.

I noticed you left out his stats in his first game against WYO....How did that game figure into the Young Player/Didn't Know What He Was Doing/True Freshman theory?

mtoutfitter
07-08-2016, 05:25 PM

I noticed you left out his stats in his first game against WYO....How did that game figure into the Young Player/Didn't Know What He Was Doing/True Freshman theory?

If I remember correctly you were all gushing about the FBS win and how well Sanchezdiago did in that game. Kind of didn't hold true when he got up against the Bison....did it?

Vet70
07-08-2016, 05:35 PM
"Santiago will do better next time." Sure he will, how could he do any worse. "Wait until next time" seems to be the favorite mantra of the F'Hawks.

thebigund
07-08-2016, 05:35 PM

If I remember correctly you were all gushing about the FBS win and how well Sanchezdiago did in that game. Kind of didn't hold true when he got up against the Bison....did it?
WYO was pretty bad. Our OL bulldozed them that day.

EC8CH
07-08-2016, 05:42 PM
"Wait until next time" seems to be the favorite mantra of the F'Hawks.

Close, but third favorite behind:

1) Sioux Forever
2) Heil Hawkey

I wonder if they will name their mascot Hal?

Bison Loaf
07-08-2016, 05:47 PM
We go 4 deep at RB so we're more than good there. Santiago doesn't take big hits because of his vision and stiff arm. At 175 lbs he didn't miss any time last year as a true fr. He got better every game and it wasn't because he was playing in the Big Sky, it's because he was a true fr.

Also Jake was a really good back, especially for his weight, but his OL was not up to snuff so he didn't have many chances to show what he had.

Is this all part of the endearing schtick, too? Because I'm not detecting any purple or self-deprecating humor like I was before.

BadlandsBison
07-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Gotta love that Portland State v Northern Iowa game last year. Looked like varsity v junior high, seems relevant to remind everyone about that game

StL Bison Fan
07-08-2016, 05:51 PM
"Santiago will do better next time." Sure he will, how could he do any worse. "Wait until next time" seems to be the favorite mantra of the F'Hawks.

This is probably true. Zenner got better each time he played the Bison. or did he??
Maybe they could start a club...

scottietohottie
07-08-2016, 06:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT8sIT4vBUQ

Christopher Moen
07-08-2016, 06:12 PM

If you think the Bison's defense was good when Santiago got 7 total yards in early part of the season, think how difficult it would have been for him to run against the Bison defense during the play-offs (yes, they improved too as the year progressed).

Here's how other top FCS players (who also play on better teams than Santiago) did against NDSU late in the year after the young defensive studs solidified into talented veterans:

#3 - Troymaine Pope (1788 yards) got 31 rushing yards (3.4 average).
#5 - Jacobi Green (1595 yards) got 32 rushing yards (2.9 average).
#11 - Aaron Bailey (1334 yards) got 33 rushing yards (1.8 average).
#15 - Nikko Watson (1196 yards) got 1 rushing yard (0.3 average).
#18 - Eli Jenkins (1161 yards) got 88 rushing yards (5.9 average).
#23 - Tyvis Smith (1079 yards) got 58 rushing yards (3.6 average).

The only player to have rushing success against the Bison late in the year was Youngstown's Jody Webb (132 yards for a 26.4 average). However, I think between the flu and the negative black hole known as a the Pelini's, the Bison were challenged that day and still found a way to win.

thebigund
07-08-2016, 06:36 PM
If you think the Bison's defense was good when Santiago got 7 total yards in early part of the season, think how difficult it would have been for him to run against the Bison defense during the play-offs (yes, they improved too as the year progressed).

Here's how other top FCS players (who also play on better teams than Santiago) did against NDSU late in the year after the young defensive studs solidified into talented veterans:

#3 - Troymaine Pope (1788 yards) got 31 rushing yards (3.4 average).
#5 - Jacobi Green (1595 yards) got 32 rushing yards (2.9 average).
#11 - Aaron Bailey (1334 yards) got 33 rushing yards (1.8 average).
#15 - Nikko Watson (1196 yards) got 1 rushing yard (0.3 average).
#18 - Eli Jenkins (1161 yards) got 88 rushing yards (5.9 average).
#23 - Tyvis Smith (1079 yards) got 58 rushing yards (3.6 average).

The only player to have rushing success against the Bison late in the year was Youngstown's Jody Webb (132 yards for a 26.4 average). However, I think between the flu and the negative black hole known as a the Pelini's, the Bison were challenged that day and still found a way to win.

I watched those games and none of those backs are the same caliber of Santiago.

Mr Meaty
07-08-2016, 06:39 PM

You do realize two of them listed are actually QB's?

thebigund
07-08-2016, 06:43 PM
You do realize two of them listed are actually QB's?

The way Eli Jenkins throws I'd say he's more back than quarter.

Christopher Moen
07-08-2016, 06:43 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ksbp.gif

Vet70
07-08-2016, 06:46 PM

Bisonville, we have officially entered the twilight zone.

StL Bison Fan
07-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Bisonville, we have officially entered the twilight zone.

Do not adjust your monitor...

bisonbuddy
07-08-2016, 07:38 PM

So bi gu, if Santiago and Ratelle got into a purse fight, who would win?

BisonHorns
07-08-2016, 07:38 PM

The thought of you believing this made me laugh and throw up in my mouth at the same time.

thebigund
07-08-2016, 07:40 PM
The thought of you believing this made me laugh and throw up in my mouth at the same time.

Now you know how your wife feels when you drop your panties. BOOM ROASTED!

Bisonator98
07-08-2016, 08:17 PM

Have you been in the same tee-pee with sioux2volleyshitty?:rofl:

NDSU1980
07-08-2016, 08:52 PM

If bubba is so good, where is your first commit? Keep telling yourself that it's ok since you didn't get anyone the last two years until July 24. Recruiting has changed drastically in recent years and everything is running a few months ahead. Even SDSU has a bunch on the books already. I hope you guys like leftovers, but the good ones will be picked over. BTW, 34-9

BisonNeil
07-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Exactly, which is why Santiago was an all American RB and Pope and Green weren't. Wait, what? Never mind.

Christopher Moen
07-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Have you been in the same tee-pee with sioux2volleyshitty?:rofl:

I hear they are a good source of cash flow for Coprich's company.

BisonHorns
07-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Now you know how your wife feels when you drop your panties. BOOM ROASTED!

You're a hawk fan. BOOM ULTIMATE ROAST!

IzzyFlexion
07-08-2016, 10:23 PM
If bubba is so good, where is your first commit? Keep telling yourself that it's ok since you didn't get anyone the last two years until July 24. Recruiting has changed drastically in recent years and everything is running a few months ahead. Even SDSU has a bunch on the books already. I hope you guys like leftovers, but the good ones will be picked over. BTW, 34-9

In the "could never be pointed out too many times" category..................

Undie 1st downs during the 34-9 drubbing................................3......... ..........3................3 !!!

Oh, and total net yards on offense: 61.

https://media.giphy.com/media/bB5ghmGwLbK4U/giphy.gif

thebigund
07-08-2016, 10:31 PM
You're a hawk fan. BOOM ULTIMATE ROAST!

Bison Loaf
07-08-2016, 10:35 PM
In the "could never be pointed out too many times" category..................

Undie 1st downs during the 34-9 drubbing................................3......... ..........3................3 !!!

Oh, and total net yards on offense: 61.

https://media.giphy.com/media/bB5ghmGwLbK4U/giphy.gif

Dammit, Izzy!! Didn't you HEAR the man?!! Santiago was just learning.

IzzyFlexion
07-08-2016, 10:38 PM

Uhhhhh............Oh yeah.

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/2/26751/510959-butthead.gif

MNLonghorn10
07-08-2016, 11:04 PM
just a reminder to all posters..

http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/field/image/062316.N.GFH_.UNDLOGO%20PRIMARY.JPG?itok=ilCdoxcl

Vet70
07-08-2016, 11:26 PM

The whole team was "just learning" and got schooled.

EC8CH
07-08-2016, 11:32 PM

http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/field/image/062316.N.GFH_.UNDLOGO%20PRIMARY.JPG?itok=ilCdoxcl

It's a Bird
It's too plain
It's Siouxper Bad!

StL Bison Fan
07-09-2016, 12:18 AM
It's a Bird
It's too plain
It's Siouxper Bad!

:judges::judges:

BlueBisonRock
07-09-2016, 02:54 AM

You've got mail!

cbline
07-09-2016, 03:03 AM

I do believe that we have an early leader in the clubhouse for "Preposterous Statement of the Year!"

56BISON73
07-09-2016, 04:51 AM

Did SV hack your account?

3Putt
07-09-2016, 12:21 PM

What other defense did Santiago face that was the caliber of the bison's?

tjbison
07-09-2016, 01:06 PM
I do believe that we have an early leader in the clubhouse for "Preposterous Statement of the Year!"

He is a n troll, and everyone is feeding him

scottietohottie
07-09-2016, 01:55 PM
The home opener.

The revenge game.

The big 10 game.

The return of the redturds.

Winning the valley.

A college gameday visit.

All more important then the first round of playoff blowout game.

Not only will the big undies dream his dream the entire time we are worrying about the above events he's got a couple month start on all of us. He's been dreaming this dream since November last year.

Vet70
07-09-2016, 02:16 PM
He is a n troll, and everyone is feeding him

I think everyone knows what is going on. It's the middle of July, most people are bored, and thebigund is entertaining.

thebigund
07-09-2016, 02:17 PM
What other defense did Santiago face that was the caliber of the bison's?

Kinda tough to do so when NDSUs was the best in the nation don't you think?

17>1
07-09-2016, 02:27 PM
I think everyone knows what is going on. It's the middle of July, most people are bored, and thebigund is entertaining.

^This

I read most of the first post he made, but started nodding off about half way through. So when I saw the second post which was even longer....did not read. But he is a good sport and somehow has survived plenty of neg rep to keep posting on BV.

ndsubison1
07-09-2016, 03:33 PM
UND will make playoffs and their fans/media will treat it like they won it all

BisonHorns
07-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Let him take this bs back to people who care about UNZ. Let this thread die. Posting on it will be punishable by shunning. It is the Shrute family way.

BisonHorns
07-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Let him take this bs back to people who care about UNZ. Let this thread die. Posting on it will be punishable by shunning. It is the Schrute family way.

StL Bison Fan
07-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Its like picking on the little weak kid in class. BV should be ashamed.

Not

OtterTailLakeBison
07-09-2016, 08:07 PM

Santiago is a good back but he is far from the returning best. Here is his performance in '15 - total of 31 yards against Top Defenses. Granted, his Weber St gam was impressive.

I included King Frazier's performance against Top 20 D. He alone had 80 yards against the #5 Rush D and averaged 80 yds against Top 20 Rush D. Santiago averaged <16 yds against Top 20 Rush D.

Opponent
Santiago Rush Yds
Rush D Rank

NDSU

Drake

Portland St

Cal Poly

WYO
113*

UC Davis

Idaho St

Weber St

Montana

UNC

Montana St

Opponent
King Rush Yds
Rush D Rank

UND

Jacksonville St

UNI Playoff

3Putt
07-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Kind of the point. Santiago and the listed all Americans had little success running against the bison D. In a playoff match the bison backs would be expected to out gain Santiago and crew.

thebigund
07-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Kind of the point. Santiago and the listed all Americans had little success running against the bison D. In a playoff match the bison backs would be expected to out gain Santiago and crew.
You guys are hilarious. You're basing your judgement off of his second and third ever career games? Nice try. Must be tough to have a top 20 rush d in the patriot league.:facepalm:

Bison 4 Life
07-09-2016, 09:52 PM
http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_30/gallery_15_30_10576.jpg

Vet70
07-09-2016, 10:57 PM
You guys are hilarious. You're basing your judgement off of his second and third ever career games? Nice try. Must be tough to have a top 20 rush d in the patriot league.:facepalm:

People are basing their judgments on the wimp defenses he faced in the Big Fluffy. If Santiago played against Valley defenses all year he would be a bust. On the other hand, he did do a great job in the playoffs.

thebigund
07-10-2016, 12:34 AM
Like I said, you will see the difference next time we play. Luckily it's pretty damn likely.

3Putt
07-10-2016, 01:01 AM

I was basing it on what runners with similar stats did. So how many yards is Santiago running for in this mythical playoff game?

Vet70
07-10-2016, 01:03 AM
Like I said, you will see the difference next time we play. Luckily it's pretty damn likely.

It was also only the third game for the Bison defense that got better game after game. On SS they ignored that fact and thought the F'Hawks were the only ones that improved as the season progressed. Like I said before, he couldn't play any worse. Seriously, do you really think that if he had have played against the Bison defense in the playoffs that he would have been that great? :facepalm:

thebigund
07-10-2016, 01:13 AM
It was also only the third game for the Bison defense that got better game after game. On SS they ignored that fact and thought the F'Hawks were the only ones that improved as the season progressed. Like I said before, he couldn't play any worse. Seriously, do you really think that if he had have played against the Bison defense in the playoffs that he would have been that great? :facepalm:

He was given an inadequate number of touches. Bubba has acknowledged that he would change that if he could go back. Really though, he got the ball 4 times. That's not his fault.

tjbison
07-10-2016, 01:51 AM
He was given an inadequate number of touches. Bubba has acknowledged that he would change that if he could go back. Really though, he got the ball 4 times. That's not his fault.

Anymore touches and your boy might have been injured, our D ate that pathetic BSC wannabe offense for lunch

thebigund
07-10-2016, 02:34 AM
Anymore touches and your boy might have been injured, our D ate that pathetic BSC wannabe offense for lunch

Any more touches and he might have taken one 70 yards to the house.

tjbison
07-10-2016, 02:36 AM
Any more touches and he might have taken one 70 yards to the house.
blah...blah...blah....he's not that good, sorry big undies, you guys suck. go back to your board and stay there.

you are the laughing stock of the Midwest in Football

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

thebigund
07-10-2016, 02:41 AM
blah...blah...blah....he's not that good, sorry big undies, you guys suck. go back to your board and stay there.

you are the laughing stock of the Midwest in Football

Which is why we're ranked and projected to make the playoffs and win our shitty conference.

tjbison
07-10-2016, 02:52 AM
Which is why we're ranked and projected to make the playoffs and win our shitty conference.
and shitty schedule, might I remind you projected is different than actually making it and producing. and yes your right you are in a shitty conference

but you'll soon be FBS in the WAC so it don't much matter

NDSU1980
07-10-2016, 03:02 AM

:rofl: Maybe you need to tell that to Ken Massey. He has you fifth in the Fluffy, right behind Weber State, which is probably about right considering your cupcake schedule.
http://masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=286577

Bison Loaf
07-10-2016, 03:48 AM

So what you're saying is…………………..Bubba effed up. :rofl:

And which is it…………………."Bubba effed up", or "the freshman was just learning in only his 3rd game"?:irslow:

thebigund
07-10-2016, 03:54 AM
and shitty schedule, might I remind you projected is different than actually making it and producing. and yes your right you are in a shitty conference

but you'll soon be FBS in the WAC so it don't much matter

Since last year we weren't projected to do shit and were knocking on the door of the playoffs I'd say being projected to actually do something is a sign of, dare I say, the worm turning.

tjbison
07-10-2016, 03:59 AM
Since last year we weren't projected to do shit and were knocking on the door of the playoffs I'd say being projected to actually do something is a sign of, dare I say, the worm turning.
lol....OK the worm is turning you have 12 trophies to win and 6 of them need to be in a row to surpass the real PROGRAM in the Midwest

oh and Santiago has to go #1 overall in the draft...oh and you have to beat B1G schools for recruits...and....lol

mtoutfitter
07-10-2016, 04:03 AM
Hey Undies why don't you go hang out on your board......you can find your recruiting thread and look up 2017 commits. Shit.....sorry bout that, I forgot they're aren't any!

thebigund
07-10-2016, 04:04 AM
lol....OK the worm is turning you have 12 trophies to win and 6 of them need to be in a row to surpass the real PROGRAM in the Midwest

oh and Santiago has to go #1 overall in the draft...oh and you have to beat B1G schools for recruits...and....lol

No RB will go #1 in the draft with how the game has changed. He's got a pretty good arm though so he's probably the next Goff.

thebigund
07-10-2016, 04:05 AM
Hey Undies why don't you go hang out on your board......you can find your recruiting thread and look up 2017 commits. Shit.....sorry bout that, I forgot they're aren't any!

Not sure why you think getting commits early is so great. Have fun loosing 2 of them to the Gophers after they run out of options.

tjbison
07-10-2016, 04:33 AM
Not sure why you think getting commits early is so great. Have fun loosing 2 of them to the Gophers after they run out of options.

Our second gets are still better than bubbles first...fact

Vet70
07-10-2016, 04:35 AM

The only way a worm is going to turn for the F'Hawks is at the bottom of a tequila bottle. So what if we eventually lose two recruits, we will still be loaded and have a better class.

MAKBison
07-10-2016, 04:53 AM

I think last year we found that it sucks losing a recruit to the p5, but then it's kinda fun cuz we then take one from a g5 or fcs team. And that is always fun!!!!

thebigund
07-10-2016, 05:14 AM
I think last year we found that it sucks losing a recruit to the p5, but then it's kinda fun cuz we then take one from a g5 or fcs team. And that is always fun!!!!

What school did you steal an already verbaled player from?

Bison Dan
07-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Bigund how's the recruiting going?? I thought with all the hype for the HPC and the 2 hour elite camp that the recruits would be jumping on board. Guess not.

Vet70
07-10-2016, 11:38 AM

Here is one from 2016 who switched from USD.
Adam Cofield, 5-11, 190, RB, Blue Springs, MO.

thebigund
07-10-2016, 02:34 PM

Did he switch before or after they got a new coach?

ByeSonBusiness
07-10-2016, 02:56 PM
surpass the real PROGRAM in the Midwest

ol

What does Ohio State have to do with this?¿?

DM05
07-10-2016, 02:59 PM

Cofield switched from Missouri State. We were recruiting him along with Torneden from Kansas, and only needed one; Torneden committed to us, Cofield to Mo St, then Torneden got an offer from Kansas (he is from Lawrence) and took it.

Gee-Tucker a few years ago was committed to UNI, then switched to NDSU on signing day.

MAKBison
07-10-2016, 03:17 PM

It's pretty much laid out in last year's recruiting thread....or see below as it looks like some did the work for you.

MAKBison
07-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Cofield switched from Missouri State. We were recruiting him along with Torneden from Kansas, and only needed one; Torneden committed to us, Cofield to Mo St, then Torneden got an offer from Kansas (he is from Lawrence) and took it.

Gee-Tucker a few years ago was committed to UNI, then switched to NDSU on signing day.

And he dates the coaches daughter.

Vet70
07-10-2016, 03:31 PM

My mistake---thanks for the correction.

NDSU1980
07-10-2016, 07:29 PM

Yea troll, we know that recruits that verbal before July 24 are never any good, but we'll take our chances. We also know that you will proclaim every UN_ recruit be a "beast", no matter how poor he is. Funny how our early recruits keep winning championships for us.

CAS4127
07-10-2016, 09:02 PM

Then why is Bubba trying to get early commits? Thought he was a great coach. Y would he attempt to to get early commits if it isn't "so great" a thing.

Sent from my iPhone.

thebigund
07-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Then why is Bubba trying to get early commits? Thought he was a great coach. Y would he attempt to to get early commits if it isn't "so great" a thing.

Sent from my iPhone.

We all know many of the best recruits commit at the end.

56BISON73
07-10-2016, 09:50 PM

We always lose a couple every year to the FBS because thats the type of talent we recruit. If you dont youre not aiming high enough.

ZHerd
07-10-2016, 10:28 PM
We always lose a couple every year to the FBS because thats the type of talent we recruit. If you dont youre not aiming high enough.

We also beat a P5 some years for kids (something the fighting fowl may never experience) so it apparently pays off to aim high

thebigund
07-10-2016, 10:30 PM
We also beat a P5 some years for kids (something the fighting fowl may never experience) so it apparently pays off to aim high

Yea a P5 like Purdue or Rutgers. Real power programs.

Bison 4 Life
07-10-2016, 10:32 PM

Holy shit dude. I know you're trolling and I guess it's the off season still so we're entertaining it but come on, this is weak sauce.

ZHerd
07-10-2016, 10:39 PM

Now there there

CAS4127
07-10-2016, 10:59 PM
We all know many of the best recruits commit at the end.

You didn't answer my question.

Sent from my iPhone.

mtoutfitter
07-10-2016, 11:06 PM

UMary Fan..."We got a commit from a player over UN_, they're FCS you know!"
Minot Fan..."Yeah UN_, real FCS powerhouse"

Hypothetical conversation.

Vet70
07-10-2016, 11:17 PM

Now you have me curious. When was the last time UND beat out an FBS team for a recruit? By the way, read about this 2016 commit. Missouri is still in the SEC isn't it?
http://bisonation.info/ol-dillon-radunz-becker-mn-2016-offer/

Hammersmith
07-10-2016, 11:51 PM
Take it easy on the guy. This was the year that Bubba and crew was going to start turning the tide on recruits. His personality was going to draw players like flies to honey. But after one elite camp, Bubba has exactly zero verbals. Meanwhile, the two power programs in the Dakotas are sitting at 8-10 verbals each after their camps. That's all got to be pretty disheartening. Bubba has one more chance at their second elite camp in two weeks. After that, it's completely leftovers time for them.

Which kind of begs the question, why does UND do two one-day elite camps? Isn't it better to see and interact with the kids for two or three days like NDSU does? Sure they've got a three-day QB/WR camp(which also didn't get any commits), but I would think you really want to see all the positions for multiple days. Heck, SDSU runs three three-day camps pretty much back to back to back.

thebigund
07-11-2016, 12:00 AM
Now you have me curious. When was the last time UND beat out an FBS team for a recruit? By the way, read about this 2016 commit. Missouri is still in the SEC isn't it?
http://bisonation.info/ol-dillon-radunz-becker-mn-2016-offer/

We had at least one with multiple FBS offers this past year.

Hammersmith
07-11-2016, 12:10 AM

edit: Oops, never mind. Misread the SiouxSports wiki page.

Are you talking about the 2015, 2016 or 2017 class?

StL Bison Fan
07-11-2016, 12:44 AM
Take it easy on the guy. This was the year that Bubba and crew was going to start turning the tide on recruits. His personality was going to draw players like flies to honey. But after one elite camp, Bubba has exactly zero verbals. Meanwhile, the two power programs in the Dakotas are sitting at 8-10 verbals each after their camps. That's all got to be pretty disheartening. Bubba has one more chance at their second elite camp in two weeks. After that, it's completely leftovers time for them.

Which kind of begs the question, why does UND do two one-day elite camps? Isn't it better to see and interact with the kids for two or three days like NDSU does? Sure they've got a three-day QB/WR camp(which also didn't get any commits), but I would think you really want to see all the positions for multiple days. Heck, SDSU runs three three-day camps pretty much back to back to back.

Maybe they have had more days in their camps. But more than one day is dangerous if you are in GF. Get them in, get them out, dont let them see too much.
Maybe purple, maybe not

Vet70
07-11-2016, 12:56 AM

Interesting, names please, and where did they have offers from?

Hammersmith
07-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Interesting, names please, and where did they have offers from?

Can only find Andre Randolph. 2016 recruit. Offers from Army and Navy.

He might also be referring to Vashon Tucker who should probably never play poker. He had offers from UConn and New Mexico in 2014, but decided to reclassify for the 2015 class to get bigger offers. Nothing must have come up because he joined UND in early August last year.

Vet70
07-11-2016, 01:20 AM

Can only find Andre Randolph. 2016 recruit. Offers from Army and Navy.

He might also be referring to Vashon Tucker who should probably never play poker. He had offers from UConn and New Mexico in 2014, but decided to reclassify for the 2015 class to get bigger offers. Nothing must have come up because he joined UND in early August last year.

So UND snagged commits from the real FBS power programs.

NDSU1980
07-11-2016, 02:17 AM
So UND snagged commits from the real FBS power programs.

But they still didn't do shit on the field. Someone should tell geaux sioux it's not the offers that count, it's performance during the game.

Bison Dan
07-11-2016, 06:30 AM
Maybe they have had more days in their camps. But more than one day is dangerous if you are in GF. Get them in, get them out, dont let them see too much.
Maybe purple, maybe notIf you look at their camp itinerary - it's like 2 hours of actual workouts, not days.

StL Bison Fan
07-11-2016, 07:11 AM
If you look at their camp itinerary - it's like 2 hours of actual workouts, not days.

That sounds ok. Their games arent competitive for long, so stamina isnt important

scottietohottie
07-11-2016, 12:22 PM
If you look at their camp itinerary - it's like 2 hours of actual workouts, not days.

Yeah but you get to eat pizza with bubba. I think that's what the camp costs. A pizza for bubba from each camper.

IzzyFlexion
07-11-2016, 01:26 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/178432.jpg

4 carries for 7 yards!!

KilldeerBison
07-11-2016, 05:22 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/178432.jpg

4 carries for 7 yards!!

Wait till he learns how to play football, and he had the wrong kind of shoes too, and he forgot to eat breakfast before the game, and the bus driver that drove him to the game was drunk, and .....butthockies! (maybe some purple, but not much)

thebigund
07-11-2016, 10:34 PM
Last year UND got something like 8 verbals after the second elite camp so something must have worked. Don't worry though, they were all shitty players.

Bisonator98
07-11-2016, 10:36 PM

So who is this stud or was it BS like most of your posts?

BTW how can Grady come back and play if he hasn't been in school since last fall? Aren't there eligibility requirements up at el forko grande?? Bubbles isn't bending the rules is he???

thebigund
07-11-2016, 11:59 PM
So who is this stud or was it BS like most of your posts?

BTW how can Grady come back and play if he hasn't been in school since last fall? Aren't there eligibility requirements up at el forko grande?? Bubbles isn't bending the rules is he???
Well the way eligibility works for all student athletes at all schools is that they must pass a certain number of credits per year and be at a certain bench mark for graduation for each year. Grady is a good student and passed all of his fall courses as well as a little summer school. He also did some school work this spring at some tech school so word is that he should have the requisite number of credits to be eligible.

3Putt
07-12-2016, 12:33 AM
Well the way eligibility works for all student athletes at all schools is that they must pass a certain number of credits per year and be at a certain bench mark for graduation for each year. Grady is a good student and passed all of his fall courses as well as a little summer school. He also did some school work this spring at some tech school so word is that he should have the requisite number of credits to be eligible.

http://www.ncaa.org/remaining-eligible-academics

In Division I, student-athletes must complete 40 percent of the coursework required for a degree by the end of their second year. They must complete 60 percent by the end of their third year and 80 percent by the end of their fourth year. Student-athletes are allowed five years to graduate while receiving athletically related financial aid. All Division I student-athletes must earn at least six credit hours each term to be eligible for the following term and must meet minimum grade-point average requirements that are related to an institution’s own GPA standards for graduation.

He's probably ok because there isn't a minimum number credits that needs to be complete after the freshman year. Maybe he just needed to take and pass 6 credits this summer.

CAS4127
07-12-2016, 01:26 AM

Based on Sioux Shit forum posts, he should just declare for the NFL draft. And don't say I'm exaggerating, because several posters have already declared he is NFL material--LMAO at those effing stupid posts.

Sent from my iPhone.

thebigund
07-12-2016, 01:36 AM
Based on Sioux Shit forum posts, he should just declare for the NFL draft. And don't say I'm exaggerating, because several posters have already declared he is NFL material--LMAO at those effing stupid posts.

Sent from my iPhone.
Well he is legit NFL material. He's a monster and quick.

CAS4127
07-12-2016, 01:39 AM

Yeah, ok! He went toe to toe with your stud DL, so I guess he's NFL legit./purple

Sent from my iPhone.

thebigund
07-12-2016, 01:42 AM
Yeah, ok! He went toe to toe with your stud DL, so I guess he's NFL legit./purple

Sent from my iPhone.

Well NDSU wanted him really bad so he must be that good.

CAS4127
07-12-2016, 01:45 AM

Not as it turned out--he's a failure and resultantly ended up where he belonged. He'll never amount to anything--mark it down.

He knew he couldn't handle the completion for a position at NDSU. That's clear, and he was correct!

Sent from my iPhone.

scottietohottie
07-12-2016, 01:49 AM

Not as it turned out--he's a failure and resultantly ended up where he belonged. He'll never amount to anything--mark it down.

He knew he couldn't handle the completion for a position at NDSU. That's clear, and he was correct!

Sent from my iPhone.

Dam I rep'd both of you guys to soon on this one. I've got all kinds of comments for this conversation.

StL Bison Fan
07-12-2016, 01:50 AM
I forgot who they were talking about. I figured it could be anyone on the team so I didn't go back and look

Vet70
07-12-2016, 01:53 AM
I forgot who they were talking about. I figured it could be anyone on the team so I didn't go back and look

All except NDSU wanted the player really bad and he wound up a F'Hawk.

IzzyFlexion
07-12-2016, 01:54 AM

This guy I think.......??

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/738/sa9.JPG

Vet70
07-12-2016, 02:04 AM
This guy I think.......??

Or maybe this guy---

http://www.nndb.com/people/546/000205928/don-grady-4-sized.jpg

mtoutfitter
07-12-2016, 02:51 AM

Yes the NHSC in New Town is one of the finest institutions in western ND...believe it's a subsidiary of the Flagship University!!! I've grew up in that area and have seen first hand many of the examples that they call higher ed in that area and Mt and it's a total joke!!! But then again I could see how those credits would transfer to UN_

I believe NHSC is right up there with the Little Horn U on the Crow Agency.....stellar academics!

NDSU1980
07-12-2016, 03:02 AM

You declare every player who commits after July 24 to be a beast and NFL caliber. I have yet to see it happen however.

56BISON73
07-12-2016, 03:26 AM

Are you channeling siouxvolley or is he helping you in your creative writing class?

GOBISON123
07-12-2016, 03:46 AM

Well dont get your hopes too high, he will decommit and commit somewhere else like all your recent recruits.

mtoutfitter
07-12-2016, 04:02 AM

Are you sure the Bison offered him? I remember him being an interest but don't remember him being on the offer list.....could be wrong though. Unfortunately most rez kids are pretty high risk. There's a reason that there are SO many good Indian high school BB players but very, very, very few go on to play college ball.

No offense to a friend of mine on here or many that I grew up with.....just stating a fact.

CAS4127
07-12-2016, 04:09 AM
Are you sure the Bison offered him? I remember him being an interest but don't remember him being on the offer list.....could be wrong though. Unfortunately most rez kids are pretty high risk. There's a reason that there are SO many good Indian high school BB players but very, very, very few go on to play college ball.

No offense to a friend of mine on here or many that I grew up with.....just stating a fact.

It is fact ... should be no offense taken other than from over sensitive peeps.

Sent from my iPhone.

thebigund
07-12-2016, 04:16 AM
Yes the NHSC in New Town is one of the finest institutions in western ND...believe it's a subsidiary of the Flagship University!!! I've grew up in that area and have seen first hand many of the examples that they call higher ed in that area and Mt and it's a total joke!!! But then again I could see how those credits would transfer to UN_

I believe NHSC is right up there with the Little Horn U on the Crow Agency.....stellar academics!
NDSUs academic standards aren't exactly high either so I'm not sure what you're getting at with that attempt at a dig.

HerdBot
07-12-2016, 06:48 AM

I think you got then mixed up. Darius Shepherd flipped from USD. Adam Cofield from in state Missouri State, actually.

HerdBot
07-12-2016, 06:58 AM

We are scared. In sure he will be twice as good and rush for twice as many yards, eh, like 14 yards this time.

thebigund
07-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Well dont get your hopes too high, he will decommit and commit somewhere else like all your recent recruits.
I have no idea what you're talking about here.

BFKasper14
07-12-2016, 04:20 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Nobody really does

Da Bison
07-12-2016, 04:23 PM

Is this the OL from Parshall?

The same OL from Parshall who dropped out of school?

The same OL from Parshall who has yet to play a down in college?

The same OL from Parshall who you have declared an All American and NFL talent who makes the F'n hawks Offensive line superior to the Bison?

Wow just Wow:rofl:

thebigund
07-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Is this the OL from Parshall?

The same OL from Parshall who dropped out of school?

The same OL from Parshall who has yet to play a down in college?

The same OL from Parshall who you have declared an All American and NFL talent who makes the F'n hawks Offensive line superior to the Bison?

Wow just Wow:rofl:
No. Grady played in 8 and started the last 5 games last year and was a bulldozer in the run game.

Bison Loaf
07-12-2016, 04:53 PM
No. Grady played in 8 and started the last 5 games last year and was a bulldozer in the run game.

With Grady not starting against the Bison (or even playing?), it's just another example (along with Santiago's 4 rushes) of how Bubba effed up by not getting his super frosh enough reps against the Herd!

I'm so damn grateful that Bubba is at the helm, otherwise we would have had our asses handed to us last year!!

Vet70
07-12-2016, 05:11 PM
With Grady not starting against the Bison (or even playing?), it's just another example (along with Santiago's 4 rushes) of how Bubba effed up by not getting his super frosh enough reps against the Herd!

I'm so damn grateful that Bubba is at the helm, otherwise we would have had our asses handed to us last year!!

^This. With Santiago being the best running back in the nation (:rofl:), which must make him NFL material, and Grady being NFL caliber ( with 8 games and 5 starts) we were lucky Bubba is a lousy coach.

tjbison
07-12-2016, 05:49 PM
^This. With Santiago being the best running back in the nation (:rofl:), which must make him NFL material, and Grady being NFL caliber ( with 8 games and 5 starts) we were lucky Bubba is a lousy coach.

DONT FORGET THIS VITAL STAT

Grady - 8 games 5 starts and 1 QTT (Quitting The Team)

Those are for sure NFL qualities a Scout looks for

thebigund
07-12-2016, 05:58 PM
DONT FORGET THIS VITAL STAT

Grady - 8 games 5 starts and 1 QTT (Quitting The Team)

Those are for sure NFL qualities a Scout looks for
He left the team to take care of his new family and work. You can't really blame him. It'd be different if he was kicked off the team for conduct detrimental or quit the to be able to party more.

CAS4127
07-13-2016, 02:41 AM
He left the team to take care of his new family and work. You can't really blame him. It'd be different if he was kicked off the team for conduct detrimental or quit the to be able to party more.

And your story and others on Sioux Suck forum are pure and utter speculation and conjecture. Nowhere have I seen the "real" story as opposed to the "here is what I'd like the story to be". It's basically confabulation-->keep thinking and saying the same thing over and over and pretty soon you believe it. I doubt he ever plays again for the effing F'hawks.

Sent from my iPhone.

56BISON73
07-13-2016, 03:08 AM

This is the time not to quit. Stay in school and get your education. Hes being paid to do that.. Hows he going to provide for a family with no education. There are many athletes who have families and dont quit school.

GFBison
07-13-2016, 03:13 AM

The rest of the day is a tour of the Ralph. Each recruit gets a Siouxper dog, a small coke, and an autographed picture of Ralph Englestad.

KilldeerBison
07-13-2016, 03:14 AM
And your story and others on Sioux Suck forum are pure and utter speculation and conjecture. Nowhere have I seen the "real" story as opposed to the "here is what I'd like the story to be". It's basically confabulation-->keep thinking and saying the same thing over and over and pretty soon you believe it. I doubt he ever plays again for the effing F'hawks.

Sent from my iPhone.

And, think about. Guys committed to the team, that have just as many personal obligations and sticking with the team, getting benched in favor of a guy that comes and goes as he pleases.

CAS4127
07-13-2016, 03:30 AM
And, think about. Guys committed to the team, that have just as many personal obligations and sticking with the team, getting benched in favor of a guy that comes and goes as he pleases.

Solid point, as is PL's. #ButtBubba!

Sent from my iPhone.