PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Anderson kind of got screwed stats-wise

tony
06-22-2016, 09:14 PM
Bruce Anderson returned 16 kicks for an average of 36.6 yards per carry, easily the best in the nation, but when you go to the FCS website, he's not even listed.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

Not enough returns to make the list? Nope. The guy at the top of the list returned 17 kicks. They guy in second return 14.

Gotta have 1.2 returns per game to make the list which seems stupid to me. Why not go with total # of returns instead?

Vet70
06-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Bruce Anderson returned 16 kicks for an average of 36.6 yards per carry, easily the best in the nation, but when you go to the FCS website, he's not even listed.

Not enough returns to make the list? Nope. The guy at the top of the list returned 17 kicks. They guy in second return 14.

Gotta have 1.2 returns per game to make the list which seems stupid to me. Why not go with total # of returns instead?

This is ridiculous. What's next, you need so many sacks or so many rushing attempts per game to lead the nation?

EC8CH
06-22-2016, 10:08 PM
I wonder how Bruce will deal with this snubbing???

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/722832517372350464/TaifSXCS.jpg

thundarsdaddy
06-22-2016, 11:56 PM
I am sure Bruce would shrug this off, emphasizing the team concept and team results anyway, but to me this is horrible because who is going to show the NFL this stat? Will NFL teams ever see this? I dont get hung up, on stats myself, but 36.6 yards/carry makes you stand up and take notice? And since they are counting all the playoff games including the championship game, you can easily say this is against very credible opponents?

scottietohottie
06-23-2016, 12:29 AM
I wonder if Farley remembers Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce?

Vet70
06-23-2016, 12:41 AM
I wonder if Farley remembers Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce?

Bruce will get a chance to jog Farley's memory.

Christopher Moen
06-23-2016, 02:34 AM
Bruce will get a chance to jog Farley's memory.

That he (Farley) swallowed his whistle?

natstar1
06-23-2016, 03:15 AM
I am sure Bruce would shrug this off, emphasizing the team concept and team results anyway, but to me this is horrible because who is going to show the NFL this stat? Will NFL teams ever see this? I dont get hung up, on stats myself, but 36.6 yards/carry makes you stand up and take notice? And since they are counting all the playoff games including the championship game, you can easily say this is against very credible opponents?

I'd guess he doesn't even know he's not listed as the leader on FCS stats. WRT the bold he still has the stat it's not like an NFL team can't see he averaged 36 yards per return and he's only freshman he'll have time to put more numbers.

North Side
06-23-2016, 03:35 AM
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!

that is all

ZHerd
06-23-2016, 03:38 AM

Agreed, I'm not sure of the reasoning but keeping records based on returns per game seems like complete nonsense. A sample of X number of returns is x number of returns irregardless of how many games it took to get them. Also that criteria penalizes guys that happen to play on teams with good defenses. Should Bruce be eliminated from top returner discussion just because NDSU's opponents had 70td returns to work with vs Bruce's 28....2.5 times more return opportunities than Bruce received!

scottietohottie
06-23-2016, 04:31 AM
Gotta have 1.2 returns per game to make the list

They probably added the .2 just to keep Bison off that list. Everyone knows Bison only return one kick per game. Wait don't I have a smack thread for this. :facepalm:

wagsabison
06-23-2016, 12:45 PM
The crowd is going to get worn out when Bruce is a senior and we have to yell Bruuuuuuuccceeee 20-30 times a game when he gets the ball.

Mr Meaty
06-23-2016, 01:02 PM
The crowd is going to get worn out when Bruce is a senior and we have to yell Bruuuuuuuccceeee 20-30 times a game when he gets the ball.

I am ok with that......

Bison 4 Life
06-23-2016, 02:43 PM

Sounds like you need some off-season conditioning.

http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/fieldimages/15/0527/0826-s-kramer.jpg?itok=8QvYgIPq

FrozenTech
06-23-2016, 02:49 PM
Sounds like you need some off-season conditioning.

http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/fieldimages/15/0527/0826-s-kramer.jpg?itok=8QvYgIPq

I recommend Dynasty, if you can't get time with Kramer. ;). Worth the money and the time.

17>1
06-23-2016, 02:58 PM
I recommend Dynasty, if you can't get time with Kramer. ;). Worth the money and the time.

I follow those guys on IG and I've been seeing a lot of Metz video. I wonder how much room is left on the D line for a guy like him. Maybe a walk on offer?

Bison Loaf
06-23-2016, 04:08 PM

Meh…….Springsteen :bowdown: fans (I'm guilty as charged) have been doing it for 40+ years and are still going strong.

I would think we Anderson :bowdown: fans (also guilty as charged) could muster up the strength to do just 3 more years! :)

bisonaudit
08-09-2016, 05:24 PM
So, NDSU's record book requires 20 returns to qualify for the career record. Even if he put up 4 zeros, Bruce would still be 2nd in school history. In baseball, if you're x at bats short of the qualifying standard for the batting title they actually do this, they add x hitless at-bats to your results and use the resulting average to determine the batting title. Football yards are obviously somewhat different because you could have a negative.