PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Verbal: Lincoln Gibbs

tony
06-09-2016, 06:30 PM
5-11, 205, RB, Langford, SD.

School record holder in the 100 meters so that's good.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3097663/lincoln-gibbs

HerdBot
06-09-2016, 07:01 PM
With a 10.8 100 meter, this kid will carry the ball or play defense

Professor Chaos
06-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Welcome Lincoln!

From everything I've heard from family in that area he's not just talented but a great worker and a leader as well. That mentality should fit in great at NDSU whether he lands at RB, FB, or LB. Guessing from Coach Roehl's #BeastMode tweet that he's coming in at RB.

BadlandsBison
06-09-2016, 07:16 PM
He is definitely superior to his current competition haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison-Knuckle
06-09-2016, 07:20 PM
This kids has speed! Welcome to the Herd.

Mr Meaty
06-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the Herd. They call him Gibbs, Mr. Gibbs.

HerdBot
06-09-2016, 07:32 PM
This kids has speed! Welcome to the Herd.

Northern speed. Cue southern speed jokes.

Bisonator98
06-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Kids a beast! Welcome to the Herd!

Herd
06-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Roehl with even more Roll.

NDSU1980
06-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Wonderful. Looks like we got us another good one.

bisoningrandforks
06-09-2016, 10:15 PM
yes impressive highlights... great get!....welcome Lincoln!

BismarckBisonFan
06-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Outstanding!!! Welcome to the Herd.

No_Skill
06-10-2016, 01:25 AM
We used to have an "old car", now we'll have a Lincoln.

thebigund
06-10-2016, 06:09 AM
Is he a PWO?

BisonHorns
06-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Holy Tecmo Bowl! Batman.
Welcome to the herd Mr. Lincoln.

THEsocalledfan
06-10-2016, 02:51 PM
With a 10.8 100 meter, this kid will carry the ball or play defense

Looks like a strong safety to me.

17>1
06-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Looks like a strong safety to me.

Looks like a kid that'll do anything you want for the team, as long as he gets to hit someone or something. Gotta think since he mentioned it already, and has the build and physicality for it, that he'll end up at FB. Maybe an Andrew Grothman type of kid? We all remember the tape from Andrew when he was at Hillsboro, very similar to Lincoln's film IMO.

Professor Chaos
06-10-2016, 03:16 PM
Hero Sports has a couple quotes from him in this article: http://herosports.com/news/ncaa-fcs-mens-football/fcs-recruiting-so-far-these-five-programs-are-topping-the-recruiting-charts-for-2017#6

He says he's being brought in as a RB but could transition to FB depending on how things shake out.

Mr. Burgundy
06-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Is he a PWO?

This is funny to me, as I know you know the answer to that, as you know that he was a very high priority to UND and that UND wasn't thrilled with his decision yesterday. Stop fishing, you know the answer. Amazing get as a PWO for NDSU. Kid is going to kill camp. He is one tough kid.

Mr. Burgundy
06-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Is he a PWO?

This is funny to me, as I know you know the answer to that, as you know that he was a very high priority to UND and that UND wasn't thrilled with his decision yesterday. Stop fishing, you know the answer. Amazing get as a PWO for NDSU. Kid is going to kill camp. He is one tough kid.

BadlandsBison
06-10-2016, 06:07 PM

A Fhawk coach threw out some veiled accusations after Lincoln committed. The fun has started

Rock
06-10-2016, 08:49 PM
A Fhawk coach threw out some veiled accusations after Lincoln committed. The fun has started

Didn't the kid tweet pictures of himself as a young kid wearing an NDSU shirt when he announced?

...gotta be a fawk football camp joke in there somewhere.

thebigund
06-10-2016, 11:17 PM

Nice try on the conspiracy. I wouldn't ask if I knew. You are too funny some times..... Actually all of the time. I hope for your sake you belive what you post here about as much as I belive what I post.

Vet70
06-11-2016, 10:42 AM

NDSU getting a commit from someone the F'Hawks wanted? It ain't right, it just ain't right. :rofl:

SDSUAlum08
06-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Why did he walk-on before summer camps? I get wanting to be a Bison, but I'd assume the walk-on offer would still be there in the fall.

EC8CH
06-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Why did he walk-on before summer camps? I get wanting to be a Bison, but I'd assume the walk-on offer would still be there in the fall.

Maybe it's a signal to tell others to stop calling?

Bisonator98
06-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Maybe it's a signal to tell others to stop calling?

Exactly. Said he didn't want any distractions before this season on Kolpack and Izzo this morning.

SDSUAlum08
06-12-2016, 02:13 AM
Exactly. Said he didn't want any distractions before this season on Kolpack and Izzo this morning.

I still don't get it. Why not wait until after camps. If no scholarship is offered he can still make his decision before the season starts. Now there's no reason for NDSU to offer.

Maybe he knows he's not getting an offer from NDSU or any other local D1s. I know he's a huge Bison fan and it's his dream, but a scholarship is a scholarship.

MAKBison
06-12-2016, 04:39 AM
I still don't get it. Why not wait until after camps. If no scholarship is offered he can still make his decision before the season starts. Now there's no reason for NDSU to offer.

Maybe he knows he's not getting an offer from NDSU or any other local D1s. I know he's a huge Bison fan and it's his dream, but a scholarship is a scholarship.

NDSU has a history of rewarding hard working walkons.......thus, Maybe he knows what he wants, has faith in himself and is not afraid to put in the work!

tjbison
06-12-2016, 11:37 AM
NDSU has a history of rewarding hard working walkons.......thus, Maybe he knows what he wants, has faith in himself and is not afraid to put in the work!

isn't one of them in the NFL right now?

he knows....

A1pigskin
06-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Roehl with even more Roll.

I like it. I'm already a fan.

reformedUNDfan
06-13-2016, 01:49 AM
How many seniors are there? 7 or so? There are only so many open spots and so many scholarships, I figure the recruiting class will be effectively full by the end of camp season. If your dream has been to play for NDSU, you have to commit soon while you still can

thebigund
06-13-2016, 04:18 AM
What I don't get is how Morlock gets a scholarship offer and this guy doesn't. They seem pretty comparable.

BFKasper14
06-13-2016, 04:26 AM
What I don't get is how Morlock gets a scholarship offer and this guy doesn't. They seem pretty comparable.

Why does it matter?

NDSU1980
06-13-2016, 11:29 AM

It really bugs you that we can get top notch players to walk on and you can even get the bottom of the barrel guys to accept a scholly from UN_. That's good, let the hatred flow within you, let it consume your entire life.

So, what's so fishy about a PWO? http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/21220-2017-und-recruiting/?page=7#comment-872843

HerdBot
06-13-2016, 11:42 AM
How many seniors are there? 7 or so? There are only so many open spots and so many scholarships, I figure the recruiting class will be effectively full by the end of camp season. If your dream has been to play for NDSU, you have to commit soon while you still can

11 seniors. I would assume some walk ons earned scholarships but we also lose players every year.

Vet70
06-13-2016, 12:10 PM
It really bugs you that we can get top notch players to walk on and you can even get the bottom of the barrel guys to accept a scholly from UN_. That's good, let the hatred flow within you, let it consume your entire life.

So, what's so fishy about a PWO? http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/21220-2017-und-recruiting/?page=7#comment-872843

Clearly there needs to be an NCAA investigation.

tony
06-13-2016, 12:53 PM
Clearly there needs to be an NCAA investigation.

Why all the bitter tears and sniveling over a kid to whom they weren't willing to offer a scholarship?

NDSU has been knocking it out of the park with walk-ons, and I hope Lincoln is the program's next success story.

scottietohottie
06-13-2016, 01:08 PM
they even offered hockey tickets

Bison Loaf
06-13-2016, 01:15 PM

"What I don't get is how Joe Mays can be drafted and get a shot at linebacker and Will Ratelle doesn't. They seem pretty comparable."

Does this sound familiar to you?

17>1
06-13-2016, 01:32 PM

What am I missing?

Why all the head shaking, why the probing into this kids verbal and thinking it's fishy? The kid wants to be a Bison, plain and simple. He knows he'll walk on and have a great opportunity to earn a scholarship eventually. There might be a lot more going on behind the scenes that some of us don't know about. But why can't we just assume it's just a kid that knows where he wants to play football, wants to work hard, wants to win championships, wants to contribute. The kid probably made up his mind even before the offer, and now he can just enjoy his summer and his senior season.

Bisonator98
06-13-2016, 02:08 PM
What am I missing?

Why all the head shaking, why the probing into this kids verbal and thinking it's fishy? The kid wants to be a Bison, plain and simple. He knows he'll walk on and have a great opportunity to earn a scholarship eventually. There might be a lot more going on behind the scenes that some of us don't know about. But why can't we just assume it's just a kid that knows where he wants to play football, wants to work hard, wants to win championships, wants to contribute. The kid probably made up his mind even before the offer, and now he can just enjoy his summer and his senior season.

Because this kid wants to play for NDSU and not UND it's gotta be a conspiracy since the worm has turned and bubba's at the wheel...:rofl:

southcliffbison
06-13-2016, 02:15 PM
Because this kid wants to play for NDSU and not UND it's gotta be a conspiracy since the worm has turned and bubba's at the wheel...:rofl:

Dumb asses up there in El Forko Grande don't realize this simple biological fact: Bison parents produce Bison children.

17>1
06-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Dumb asses up there in El Forko Grande don't realize this simple biological fact: Bison parents produce Bison children.

That's good parenting!!

thebigund
06-13-2016, 02:29 PM
What am I missing?

Because it's premature and he seems to be selling himself short. I dont care that he chose NDSU, I really don't. It's not the first time a football player chose ndsu over Und and it won't be the last. It just seems very weird that anyone would accept a pwo this early. At least wait until after camp season.

El_Chapo
06-13-2016, 02:32 PM
hey bigund STFU and get the hell out of year ya loser!

17>1
06-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Because it's premature and he seems to be selling himself short. I dont care that he chose NDSU, I really don't. It's not the first time a football player chose ndsu over Und and it won't be the last. It just seems very weird that anyone would accept a pwo this early. At least wait until after camp season.

I think you're opinion is wrong, but you can think what you want. Lincoln knows more than anyone what he wants for himself, and if he doesn't think he's selling himself short, then who are we to say he is. And you don't care that a kid chose a rival school over yours? I always care! I never want the team I cheer for to lose anyone in a recruiting battle, especially to a rival.

thebigund
06-13-2016, 04:52 PM
I think you're opinion is wrong, but you can think what you want. Lincoln knows more than anyone what he wants for himself, and if he doesn't think he's selling himself short, then who are we to say he is. And you don't care that a kid chose a rival school over yours? I always care! I never want the team I cheer for to lose anyone in a recruiting battle, especially to a rival.

I don't care because UND isn't going to be the best fit for everyone. Same for NDSU. It's unrealistic to think otherwise. There are plenty of good players to go around, it's more about getting the right kid in the right situation.

17>1
06-13-2016, 05:03 PM
I don't care because UND isn't going to be the best fit for everyone. Same for NDSU. It's unrealistic to think otherwise. There are plenty of good players to go around, it's more about getting the right kid in the right situation.

I can agree with that.

tony
06-13-2016, 07:22 PM

Somehow I think that if a kid ever takes an early PWO offer from UND, there won't be all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

BTW, Joe Glenn was right - UND coaches, as part of their recruiting strategy, do indeed badmouth other schools. It's in their UNDNA.

https://twitter.com/jschwenzfeier/status/740968484943757312

#professionalism He uses that word but I don't think he knows what it means.

MAKBison
06-13-2016, 07:46 PM

i just dont care about und

MAKBison
06-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Somehow I think that if a kid ever takes an early PWO offer from UND, there won't be all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

BTW, Joe Glenn was right - UND coaches, as part of their recruiting strategy, do indeed badmouth other schools. It's in their UNDNA.

I remember that......after we played USD he praised NDSU staff for building a program right and then insinuated the other the ND school is dirty.

I remember thinking wow, here is a reputable guy in the business that has no allegiance to one school or the other and is telling the folks who plays it clean and who plays it dirty.................not sure how it gets any more confirming than that!

tony
06-13-2016, 07:53 PM
To get back on topic a little - here's a great interview with Lincoln Gibbs about his NDSU commitment:

http://www.scout.com/college/north-dakota-state/story/1678135-south-dakota-rb-gibbs-joins-fold-ndsu

Bison Loaf
06-13-2016, 08:05 PM
To get back on topic a little - here's a great interview with Lincoln Gibbs about his NDSU commitment:

http://www.scout.com/college/north-dakota-state/story/1678135-south-dakota-rb-gibbs-joins-fold-ndsu

OMG!!! THAT HAS "CONSPIRACY" WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!

Great little article. He's already on my radar as potential future favorite player! :)

Welcome to the Herd, Lincoln!

Professor Chaos
06-13-2016, 08:06 PM

Sure seems like from that article he was "offered" more than a PWO at NDSU.

tony
06-13-2016, 08:12 PM
His interview on WDAY is the fourth segment here:

http://www.wday.com/radio/4052663-970-wday-demand-kolpack-izzo

Kolpack is a pretty big fan.

THEsocalledfan
06-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Sure seems like from that article he was "offered" more than a PWO at NDSU.

I sure had that impression, too.

MAKBison
06-13-2016, 09:13 PM
His interview on WDAY is the fourth segment here:

http://www.wday.com/radio/4052663-970-wday-demand-kolpack-izzo

Kolpack is a pretty big fan.

The Kid sounds like he knows what he wants and is confident in his ability.

Hammersmith
06-14-2016, 01:18 AM

Was hoping the stuff Glenn was talking about was gone with Mussman's crew. Seems like at least some of it still survives. The whineyness seems pretty ingrained up there.

Hammersmith
06-14-2016, 01:21 AM

Are there any small passages that you can quote for those of us without Bison Report membership?

mgbison
06-14-2016, 01:51 AM
Basically, he wanted to play at NDSU. He closed his recruiting after NDSU offered and told the other coaches/schools his recruitment is over.

UND's coach is the one who is being unprofessional. He's the only one to whine on twitter. I don't think the money or offers from other schools mattered to Lincoln. If he got some sort of offer from NDSU, he was gonna take it.

I was never recruited to play college sports, but I'd imagine it gets annoying hearing from all the coaches 24/7. I would be fun for a while, but eventually it would get old. Lincoln

56BISON73
06-14-2016, 01:54 AM
Basically, he wanted to play at NDSU. He closed his recruiting after NDSU offered and told the other coaches/schools his recruitment is over.

UND's coach is the one who is being unprofessional. He's the only one to whine on twitter. I don't think the money or offers from other schools mattered to Lincoln. If he got some sort of offer from NDSU, he was gonna take it.

I was never recruited to play college sports, but I'd imagine it gets annoying hearing from all the coaches 24/7. I would be fun for a while, but eventually it would get old. Lincoln

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

tony
06-14-2016, 02:01 AM
Are there any small passages that you can quote for those of us without Bison Report membership?

Here is what I gathered from the Bison Report in conjunction with the radio interview with Kolpack and Izzo: He loves NDSU and Fargo and thinks NDSU has the best fans out there. They're thinking of him in RB/FB combo role. Sounds like he and his family are over the moon about joining the team.

ByeSonBusiness
06-14-2016, 02:16 AM

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M657110a39733b15e403c3916149f5feao0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

HerdBot
06-14-2016, 02:57 AM
A UND coach posting that on Twitter is so bush league. The kid knew what he wanted and you can't fault him for deciding early. Besides he grew up a Bison fan.

SDSUAlum08
06-14-2016, 03:14 AM

If he received any type of scholarship it's understandable. I just thought it was early to accept a PWO. Congrats to him. Obviously his dream.

thebigund
06-14-2016, 04:08 AM
If he received any type of scholarship it's understandable. I just thought it was early to accept a PWO. Congrats to him. Obviously his dream.

Recruiting expert burgundy said it was a PWO. Much like you I think the timing is a little unique for a pwo.

56BISON73
06-14-2016, 04:33 AM

The kid showed commitment to the program. In doing so he could possibly work his way in to a better position if he kills it in camp. The bottom line is he wanted to be a Bison. Regardless of $$$$$$ and who offered it..

OtterTailLakeBison
06-14-2016, 01:30 PM
The kid showed commitment to the program. In doing so he could possibly work his way in to a better position if he kills it in camp. The bottom line is he wanted to be a Bison. Regardless of $$$$$$ and who offered it..

+1. Evidence to support why so fathomable. A) Family are NDSU fans (B) Was 8-9 years old when NDSU rolled (Roehl-ed) up nearly 600 yards of offense against the Gophs (C) Focusing on another state title for his fb team (D) Surprisingly wears #40 as a power/speed combo 2-way player who thoroughly enjoys contact (E) going to Walk On University who just had a former WO selected in the 5th round of the NFL draft pick (F) 5-time defending FCS champs who beat their in-state rival by a large margin (G) 13-time National champion (H) QB was 2nd pick in the NFL draft (I) rapid fanbase (J) outside of UND was not being heavily recruited by D1 schools (K) team player who doesn't care where he plays (L) wants to win (M) wants to win (N) wants to win (O) Going to 9-man friendly coaching staff (P) wants to win

Professor Chaos
06-14-2016, 01:47 PM
So I'll just throw this out there for folks to chew on.... Gibbs' dad is a pilot. Anyone care to guess where he went to college?

abc123
06-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Except for by committing now to a PWO, he just gave the NDSU staff zero incentive to offer him a scholarship. That is the point that people are making. Unless the NDSU coaches told him he had to make a decision before going to summer camps or he wouldn't have a PWO, why would you commit to taking no scholarship in early June when the school is committing nothing to you besides a spot in fall camp?

ByeSonBusiness
06-14-2016, 02:02 PM
So I'll just throw this out there for folks to chew on.... Gibbs' dad is a pilot. Anyone care to guess where he went to college?

Probably a highly regarded school with a history of pumping out elite flyers. USAFA or USNA.

tjbison
06-14-2016, 02:03 PM
Except for by committing now to a PWO, he just gave the NDSU staff zero incentive to offer him a scholarship. That is the point that people are making. Unless the NDSU coaches told him he had to make a decision before going to summer camps or he wouldn't have a PWO, why would you commit to taking no scholarship in early June when the school is committing nothing to you besides a spot in fall camp?

maybe in Bubble land, but NDSU has Integrity and rewards kids.

he works hard and EARNS it he will get a Scholorship. We just had a PWO get drafted in the NFL....

Vet70
06-14-2016, 02:06 PM

Would it by any chance be this one?

https://www.undsucks.com/und-aerospace.php

THEsocalledfan
06-14-2016, 02:10 PM
Would it by any chance be this one?

https://www.undsucks.com/und-aerospace.php

My goodness, that was so entertaining.

tony
06-14-2016, 02:34 PM

Seriously, your proof that NDSU is employing nefarious recruiting tactics is that you and the rest of the UND brain trust can't think of another reason a kid would commit early to NDSU? HAHAHAAHAHAAHA! That's awesome!

The beauty of your coaching staff badmouthing NDSU is that it will backfire when kids realize your coaches are full of crap.

Some of you guys owe an apology to Joe Glenn for calling him a liar last year when he called out UND for that very thing.

abc123
06-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Seriously, your proof that NDSU is employing nefarious recruiting tactics is that you and the rest of the UND brain trust can't think of another reason a kid would commit early to NDSU? HAHAHAAHAHAAHA! That's awesome!

The beauty of your coaching staff badmouthing NDSU is that it will backfire when kids realize your coaches are full of crap.

Some of you guys owe an apology to Joe Glenn for calling him a liar last year when he called out UND for that very thing.
Which part of my statement was wrong? You defend the decision but haven't explained what exactly the kid's benefit is from committing before any camps, especially when NDSU touts how important getting their recruits to camp is since that is where they have their best chance in evaluating them. Different story if we are talking about a scholarships offer, but we aren't, we are talking about, it is a spot in fall camp. Even if going to NDSU is his life long dream (which is very well could be) why not go to camp and give yourself a chance to earn a partial scholarship? What was the benefit of committing now if the same PWO is going to be there after summer camps?

Mr Meaty
06-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Because this is what the kid decided to do

ByeSonBusiness
06-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Which part of my statement was wrong? You defend the decision but haven't explained what exactly the kid's benefit is from committing before any camps, especially when NDSU touts how important getting their recruits to camp is since that is where they have their best chance in evaluating them. Different story if we are talking about a scholarships offer, but we aren't, we are talking about, it is a spot in fall camp. Even if going to NDSU is his life long dream (which is very well could be) why not go to camp and give yourself a chance to earn a partial scholarship? What was the benefit of committing now if the same PWO is going to be there after summer camps?

You expect 17 year old kids to be smart or something???

tjbison
06-14-2016, 03:25 PM

your not very smart are you, the kids fucking dream was to play at NDSU, they offered him a Walk on with the potential to earn a ride, thats a win win for a kid to LIVE HIS DREAM. what dont you understand about that and why does it burn you and big undie so bad that he clearly wants to be at NDSU and flipped you guys the big F'nhawk

5 time Champs
ESPN games
ESPN COllege Gameday
PWO drafted in the NFL
Fargo > GF
will play close to home as opposed to 2 time zones away and the closest away gave 1000 miles away

its very simple

Trumpster
06-14-2016, 03:39 PM
I think that the UND peeps are really questioning why he would commit as a PWO when it appears like there is still time to earn a scholarship via summer camps. I think what everyone is not mentioning is that he wants to be left alone. He doesn't want to deal with recruiting anymore, at least that's my take.

StL Bison Fan
06-14-2016, 03:48 PM
I don't see what the debate is about. The kid wants to play football at NDSU. Maybe he doesn't need a scholarship, but does need to win.
Maybe bubba ball doesn't have enough money to get the kid to play at a school where he would play second fiddle to guys wearing skates and flip flops.

17>1
06-14-2016, 03:59 PM
I think that the UND peeps are really questioning why he would commit as a PWO when it appears like there is still time to earn a scholarship via summer camps. I think what everyone is not mentioning is that he wants to be left alone. He doesn't want to deal with recruiting anymore, at least that's my take.

It's already been mentioned a few times. The UND & SDSU peeps are just having a hard time wrapping their minds around the fact this kid jumped early at a chance to play football for his dream team, and there just has to be some other reason than the ones already mentioned.

Mr Meaty
06-14-2016, 04:06 PM
I don't see what the debate is about. The kid wants to play football at NDSU. Maybe he doesn't need a scholarship, but does need to win.
Maybe bubba ball doesn't have enough money to get the kid to play at a school where he would play second fiddle to guys wearing skates and flip flops.

You could not pay me enough to play up there.

HerdBot
06-14-2016, 04:11 PM

Yep... there are still parents out there who actually save money for college tuition or can afford to pay for it. Not every student needs aid. For those kids, it makes the decision easy.

tony
06-14-2016, 05:00 PM
You expect 17 year old kids to be smart or something???

Maybe students who choose a college based on which gives them the most money are the ones who aren't being smart. If you have goals, it seems like it would make the most sense to go to the school that is going to do the best job of helping you reach your goals. Sure, the scholarship money is factor, but not a deciding factor. Besides, UND told him he wasn't getting a scholarship. Perhaps he took them at their word that no scholarship money was going to be forthcoming. Heck, UND could give him a call tomorrow and offer him a fully scholly - it's not like a verbal is a binding agreement (as the perpetually cliouxless seem to believe.) Basically, all he has said is that he's not interested in their PWO offer and doesn't need to hear more about it - even though I'm sure he thinks UND is a fine school.

Gotta say, I'm constantly amazed how far Sioux Football insiders can jam their heads up their own behinds... and you'd think I'd have heard every single stupid thing a UND fan, UND coach, or a UND media guy could dream up by now... but it's like they're a cornucopia of inanity. Which is kind of awesome from an entertainment perspective. :)

Heck, UND offered me twice as much scholarship as NDSU, yet I went to NDSU instead of UND. That was a smart move. /story

ndsubison1
06-14-2016, 05:22 PM
I am trying to understand what the bitching is about?

Oh, wait... It's UND. Carry on.

Answer Guy
06-14-2016, 06:48 PM
your not very smart are you

*you're not very smart are you

tjbison
06-14-2016, 06:56 PM
*you're not very smart are you
Correct, world was a better place before auto fill

My point still stands, now don't you have bubbles to blow

:p

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

56BISON73
06-14-2016, 07:27 PM

The kid wanted to be a Bison. All the rest of the stuff you brought up is nothing but noise. Its really that simple.

56BISON73
06-14-2016, 07:31 PM
Maybe students who choose a college based on which gives them the most money are the ones who aren't being smart. If you have goals, it seems like it would make the most sense to go to the school that is going to do the best job of helping you reach your goals. Sure, the scholarship money is factor, but not a deciding factor. Besides, UND told him he wasn't getting a scholarship. Perhaps he took them at their word that no scholarship money was going to be forthcoming. Heck, UND could give him a call tomorrow and offer him a fully scholly - it's not like a verbal is a binding agreement (as the perpetually cliouxless seem to believe.) Basically, all he has said is that he's not interested in their PWO offer and doesn't need to hear more about it - even though I'm sure he thinks UND is a fine school.

Gotta say, I'm constantly amazed how far Sioux Football insiders can jam their heads up their own behinds... and you'd think I'd have heard every single stupid thing a UND fan, UND coach, or a UND media guy could dream up by now... but it's like they're a cornucopia of inanity. Which is kind of awesome from an entertainment perspective. :)

Heck, UND offered me twice as much scholarship as NDSU, yet I went to NDSU instead of UND. That was a smart move. /story

And they do this on a consistent basis. But it is entertaining.

Bisonator98
06-14-2016, 07:40 PM
This must be really adding to the rue up north. They still mad and lifting and stuff....:rofl:

El_Chapo
06-14-2016, 08:53 PM
On behalf of lincoln. Dont sully this thread more with d2 hockey school talk. They arent even a rival so quit it and delete this stuff

HerdBot
06-14-2016, 10:09 PM

Maybe he doesn't care about getting other D1 offers. Choosing a football team is different for every young man. Some do it because they want the best financial package. Others have families that can afford to pay tuition out of pocket. In his case, he wanted to play for NDSU. Nothing was going to change that. Not FCOA. Not some fancy pants practice facility or a used car sales pitch. Not the satisfaction of other teams offering him a full ride. He wants to play here.

And a preferred walk on is NOT the same as a standard walk on. A Preferred Walk On is guaranteed a spot on the roster. A standard walk on is guaranteed nothing. Do we even know if this kid is a walkon? I haven't read anything to confirm this and who knows, maybe it was a partial.

Jim Puetz
06-14-2016, 10:29 PM
You do realize that winning National Championships will never get old.

No_Skill
06-14-2016, 10:57 PM
This must be really adding to the rue up north. They still mad and lifting and stuff....:rofl:

Fuel to the fire...

http://i60.tinypic.com/28vyvt3.gif

StL Bison Fan
06-15-2016, 12:05 AM

But they have Tim Hortons and TimBits!!

Vet70
06-15-2016, 12:11 AM

I think that it is about time that everyone face a few facts. As documented by SS posters and others this is just the latest in a long line of violations by NDSU. It has been long established that there have been systematic violations of Title IX; illegal fund raising by the Athletic Department and Team Makers; doping of football players (no one could possibly win five championships in a row without doing it); cheating by getting every playoff game at home during the championship run; and our players using illegal tactics on the field that the referres have ignored. And now a linebacker coach with two years experience has caught us red handed forcing a recruit to commit before we have committed to him. We are going to be lucky to survive another season.

MAKBison
06-15-2016, 12:12 AM
It's already been mentioned a few times. The UND & SDSU peeps are just having a hard time wrapping their minds around the fact this kid jumped early at a chance to play football for his dream team, and there just has to be some other reason than the ones already mentioned.

its the epidmy of BUTTHURT

thebigund
06-15-2016, 12:52 AM
your not very smart are you, the kids fucking dream was to play at NDSU, they offered him a Walk on with the potential to earn a ride, thats a win win for a kid to LIVE HIS DREAM. what dont you understand about that and why does it burn you and big undie so bad that he clearly wants to be at NDSU and flipped you guys the big F'nhawk

5 time Champs
ESPN games
ESPN COllege Gameday
PWO drafted in the NFL
Fargo > GF
will play close to home as opposed to 2 time zones away and the closest away gave 1000 miles away

its very simple
When insulting the intellect of someone remember if you can to properly use your and you're.

thebigund
06-15-2016, 12:56 AM
I think that it is about time that everyone face a few facts. As documented by SS posters and others this is just the latest in a long line of violations by NDSU. It has been long established that there have been systematic violations of Title IX; illegal fund raising by the Athletic Department and Team Makers; doping of football players (no one could possibly win five championships in a row without doing it); cheating by getting every playoff game at home during the championship run; and our players using illegal tactics on the field that the referres have ignored. And now a linebacker coach with two years experience has caught us red handed forcing a recruit to commit before we have committed to him. We are going to be lucky to survive another season.

Did someone actually suggest that NDSU was doping? Maybe they got inspired by the Russian u18 hockey team?

tjbison
06-15-2016, 12:56 AM
When insulting the intellect of someone remember if you can to properly use your and you're.
And when being a douchebag go to your own board..tired of your crying. Your team sucks, your not moving to FBS, you are a no name in the region, we DO get kids to commit for PWO over your shit program, Bubbles is not Jesus

thebigund
06-15-2016, 12:58 AM
And when being a douchebag go to your own board..tired of your crying. Your team sucks, your not moving to FBS, you are a no name in the region, we DO get kids to commit for PWO over your shit program, Bubbles is not Jesus

Again with the your you're.

tjbison
06-15-2016, 01:04 AM
Again with the your you're.
Lol...yep figured that was YOUR response

NDSU1980
06-15-2016, 02:28 AM

Well said. It's hard to figure where he's the bigger douche, here as bigund or over on the SS as geaux sioux. Actually, it's probably a tie. I've never seen people get so worked up that we get better walk ons then what they get paying big buck schollies for.

HerdBot
06-15-2016, 02:38 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/ULyYV5amK2eYM/giphy.gif

El_Chapo
06-15-2016, 02:59 AM
But they have Tim Hortons and TimBits!!

So does Mahnomen!!!

southcliffbison
06-15-2016, 03:58 AM
Well said. It's hard to figure where he's the bigger douche, here as bigund or over on the SS as geaux sioux. Actually, it's probably a tie. I've never seen people get so worked up that we get better walk ons then what they get paying big buck schollies for.

This ^^^^^^^^. Lincoln Gibbs grew up in a Bison family; parents are both Bison fans; the kids are going to be Bison fans. To the un_ fans: DEAL WITH IT AND SHUT THE HELL UP !!! And what's with the grammar police ? This is a fan forum, not some damn doctoral dissertation.

Christopher Moen
06-15-2016, 04:19 AM
This ^^^^^^^^. Lincoln Gibbs grew up in a Bison family; parents are both Bison fans; the kids are going to be Bison fans. To the un_ fans: DEAL WITH IT AND SHUT THE HELL UP !!! And what's with the grammar police ? This is a fan forum, not some damn doctoral dissertation.

When someone (especially trolls) is losing a debate online, they'll start with pointing out your grammar issues, despite being just as guilty in the past.

thebigund
06-15-2016, 11:54 AM
When someone (especially trolls) is losing a debate online, they'll start with pointing out your grammar issues, despite being just as guilty in the past.

I only pull the grammar police when someone tries to claim higher intellectual ground and can't even use the proper word.

StL Bison Fan
06-15-2016, 01:48 PM
I only pull the grammar police when someone tries to claim higher intellectual ground and can't even use the proper word.

Come on now. Dont act like a looser

Vet70
06-15-2016, 02:07 PM
Did someone actually suggest that NDSU was doping? Maybe they got inspired by the Russian u18 hockey team?

I don't know what their inspiration was, but it has been suggested that the transformation that takes place for football players was not Coach Kramer but steroids. Obviously NDSU doping it's players is being ignored by the NCAA.

NCAA Year-Round Drug-Testing Program FAQ
Who will be drug tested? Division I Institutions
 Every Division I institution will be drug tested at least once each academic year. An institution may be selected for testing more than once each academic year.
 If your institution sponsors football, at least 26 student-athletes will be tested, 18 from football and 8 from at least one other sport.

Bison"FANatic"
06-15-2016, 02:29 PM
I don't know what their inspiration was, but it has been suggested that the transformation that takes place for football players was not Coach Kramer but steroids. Obviously NDSU doping it's players is being ignored by the NCAA.

 Every Division I institution will be drug tested at least once each academic year. An institution may be selected for testing more than once each academic year.
 If your institution sponsors football, at least 26 student-athletes will be tested, 18 from football and 8 from at least one other sport.

I thought drug testing was also performed at all championship events.

As for someone taking a walk on early. We have had very strong walk on classes and large scholly classes lately. This year there is only going to be so many spots to go around in both scholarship and walk on and I expect it to be extra competitive for the few spots this year. The roster can only be so big. There will probably be a lot of take this or we are forced to move on to the next guy in line this year.

thebigund
06-15-2016, 06:16 PM

It's obviously a dumb accusation. I can't think of anyone on NDSUs roster that looks like they're on roids. If they had a bunch of Danielle Hunter look alikes running around that would raise some eyebrows.

KC Bison
06-21-2016, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty sure with a Dad that's a pilot, he wasn't too concerned with paying for tuition.

westnodak93bison
06-21-2016, 03:41 AM
I'm pretty sure with a Dad that's a pilot, he wasn't too concerned with paying for tuition.
Really? What does a 40+ year old commercial pilot make these days?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
06-21-2016, 03:59 AM

About $50k. Und pilots that fly commercial...I call them "sky taxi cab drivers"

CAS4127
06-21-2016, 04:18 AM

Bank!! That's how much!!

Sent from my iPhone.

Tony Almeida
06-21-2016, 06:28 AM

Didn't he say somewhere (Kolpack and Izzo show?) that his dad was a UPS pilot? If that is the case, those guys make serious bank...UPS is known to pay their employees well especially seasoned pilots...we're talking well into the 6 figures.

HerdBot
06-21-2016, 08:44 AM

A Captain of a commercial airline will make 125k to 175k, plus pension and union benefits. It's a good paying career.

Rock
06-21-2016, 11:46 AM
http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/sd/langford/langford-area-high-school-01/lincoln-gibbs

Has a personal statement from Gibbs on this site, don't think I seen't it before.

Biz101on
06-21-2016, 11:53 AM
Welcome Lincoln!

tony
06-21-2016, 12:11 PM
http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/sd/langford/langford-area-high-school-01/lincoln-gibbs

Has a personal statement from Gibbs on this site, don't think I seen't it before.

Gotta like every single thing he says in there.

Honker
06-21-2016, 07:28 PM
We know this kid and his family...Lincoln is a straight shooter, when he wants something, he goes after it 100 percent. Incredible work ethic, high level of integrity. This community is so proud of him for going for and achieving his dream, to play for NDSU. There has been a lot of SD press regarding his commitment decision. All good. http://www.kdlt.com/news/local-news/langfords-gibbs-commits-to-ndsu/40004106#.V17EYUBgqKw.gmail

Honker
06-21-2016, 08:14 PM
He got the KDLT sound byte of the year for his quote at the end of this segment. He's just a straight up football player, lives and breathes it.
http://www.kdlt.com/sports/lincoln-gibbs-leads-langford-to-first-title/36445024#.V2mfFQ0LdvI.gmail

tony
06-21-2016, 08:34 PM
He got the KDLT sound byte of the year for his quote at the end of this segment. He's just a straight up football player, lives and breathes it.
http://www.kdlt.com/sports/lincoln-gibbs-leads-langford-to-first-title/36445024#.V2mfFQ0LdvI.gmail

Hahaha! That's awesome.

Love the other team's nickname: the Harding County Jolly Ranchers. In fact, Harding County is outstanding in general.

Christopher Moen
06-21-2016, 09:09 PM

That kids has a pretty smooth running stride and no wasted motion. Didn't look like his hips or shoulders ever changed elevation either.

westnodak93bison
06-28-2016, 12:29 AM
Hahaha! That's awesome.

Love the other team's nickname: the Harding County Jolly Ranchers. In fact, Harding County is outstanding in general.
Yeah, me and my dad got a chuckle out of that one. They would frequent the high school track meets in SW ND in the 80s and I never knew their knickname

WRSDBison
06-29-2016, 02:27 AM
Hahaha! That's awesome.

As a NWSD resident all my life except for my NDSU years I can tell you that "Jolly" is not actually a part of their nickname. I wish it were though.

westnodak93bison
06-29-2016, 12:54 PM
As a NWSD resident all my life except for my NDSU years I can tell you that "Jolly" is not actually a part of their nickname. I wish it were though.
Makes sense because I never heard it before and competed against them in track numerous times.

A1pigskin
06-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Lincoln will be like tackling a tank at high speed.

tjamz
06-30-2016, 10:24 PM

The Bureau of Labor Statistics, BLS, reports that airline pilots earned an average of $118,070 per year in 2011. The majority were employed by the scheduled air transportation industry and averaged $119,180 per year. This is far more than most commercial pilots, who reported an average income of $76,050 in the same year. For example, pilots employed by the agricultural industry made an average of $61,010 in 2011, while life-flight pilots averaged $68,090 per year.

southcliffbison
07-01-2016, 03:22 AM
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, BLS, reports that airline pilots earned an average of $118,070 per year in 2011. The majority were employed by the scheduled air transportation industry and averaged $119,180 per year. This is far more than most commercial pilots, who reported an average income of $76,050 in the same year. For example, pilots employed by the agricultural industry made an average of $61,010 in 2011, while life-flight pilots averaged $68,090 per year.

Damn, should have been a pilot instead of a school teacher; I just liked to drink beer too much....... oh, well..

Honker
07-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Google UPS pilot salaries....sheesh....how can they live on that? He is a pilot for UPS, according to Lincoln's interview.

tony
07-06-2016, 03:00 PM

I got trolled by KDLT then. I should have known it was too good to be true. :)

BTW, I actually had two cousins in Buffalo before they moved to Illinois and my grandma went to school in Reva (among many other things.) I really love Harding County - Cave Hills, Slim Buttes, etc, but it would be even better if they changed their nickname to the Jolly Ranchers... imagine the uniform possibilities!

BadlandsBison
07-06-2016, 03:26 PM

BTW, I actually had two cousins in Buffalo before they moved to Illinois and my grandma went to school in Reva (among many other things.) I really love Harding County - Cave Hills, Slim Buttes, etc, but it would be even better if they changed their nickname to the Jolly Ranchers... imagine the uniform possibilities!

The ranchers from Lemmon must have had faster horses than the Buffalo ranchers. That's the only possible way I can imagine Lemmon claiming the Cowboy nickname

southcliffbison
07-06-2016, 04:50 PM

Been "thru" Reva many times; first gas station (if its open) after Reeder. Beautiful country......at least to an old ranchhand cowboy like me.

tjbison
08-14-2016, 05:27 PM
decommitted apparently SDSU or USD offered a full Scholarship and he took it

SDSUAlum08
08-14-2016, 05:32 PM

Good for him. It didn't make any sense from the beginning.

tjbison
08-14-2016, 05:36 PM
Good for him. It didn't make any sense from the beginning.
yep, don't matter we are completely loaded at RB so good luck to him wherever it is.

Bisonwinagn
08-14-2016, 07:10 PM
yep, don't matter we are completely loaded at RB so good luck to him wherever it is.

Thought he would of been a great fullback. Don't really care about him as a RB.

HerdBot
08-14-2016, 07:45 PM

Thats too bad but apparently the coaches didn't feel he was a scholarship player or maybe didn't have enough to spend or had too many at the position. Heck of a steal for a walk on. I saw him in a Chase Morlock type role. Kids super fast straight line but probably not tailback quick. Maybe a tweener FB/RB. Either way good luck to him. Whoever got him is getting a good player. Either way someone had to burn a full ride on him

Honker
08-14-2016, 07:54 PM
His Twitter announcement. :(

HerdBot
08-14-2016, 08:00 PM
His Twitter announcement. :(

He said due to an injury he wasn't able to earn a scholarship at camp and was a PWO. Said another MVC team offered him a full ride. Can't blame him a bit. Free education is tough to pass up vs student loans or cash

Good luck to him. Good character kid.

Bison 4 Life
08-14-2016, 08:02 PM
He said due to an injury he wasn't able to earn a scholarship at camp and was a PWO. Said another MVC team offered him a full ride. Can't blame him a bit. Free education is tough to pass up vs student loans or cash

Good luck to him. Good character kid.

The tone of his Tweets about this are a little off.

GOBISON123
08-14-2016, 08:42 PM
Nothing but love for this kid. He did what he had to do. Coming here as PWO and trying to break the depth chart is not for the faint heart.

BISON Thunder
08-14-2016, 08:46 PM
Nothing but love for this kid. He did what he had to do. Coming here as PWO and trying to break the depth chart is not for the faint heart.

Yep...best wishes to the young man.

SDSUAlum08
08-14-2016, 09:14 PM
The tone of his Tweets about this are a little off.

I agree but who knows. He was tweeting NDSU stuff just a day ago.

Mr Meaty
08-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Best of luck to you , life is filled with decisions .

NDSU1980
08-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Zenner was similar although he never verbaled. We offered a Pwo, sdsu came with a scolly. Just the way things go some times.

Professor Chaos
08-15-2016, 12:39 AM
I wonder why he's waiting to announce the school that offered him? If he's trying to parley it into an offer from NDSU I think he's gonna be disappointed. I believe Ezra Szczyrbak tried to do something similar a couple years back and it kinda backfired on him. Or maybe Lincoln is seeing what both SD schools are going to offer and weighing his options there. It must be USD or SDSU that offered given his comment about representing his home state.

Bisonwinagn
08-15-2016, 12:49 AM
I wonder why he's waiting to announce the school that offered him? If he's trying to parley it into an offer from NDSU I think he's gonna be disappointed. I believe Ezra Szczyrbak tried to do something similar a couple years back and it kinda backfired on him. Or maybe Lincoln is seeing what both SD schools are going to offer and weighing his options there. It must be USD or SDSU that offered given his comment about representing his home state.

Seems like a quick decision considering he was retweeting NDSU the last couple days. Something must of changed maybe a full ride from a partial or something.

bruinbison
08-15-2016, 12:52 AM
Good luck to Mr Gibbs.
'Yote fans reporting that Gibbs has started following South Dakota coaches on Twitter, so they are guessing he is headed to Vermillion.

HerdBot
08-15-2016, 01:16 AM
Zenner was similar although he never verbaled. We offered a Pwo, sdsu came with a scolly. Just the way things go some times.

Hey at least we drove up the price

Bison20
08-15-2016, 02:22 AM
Can't blame a kid for taking a better offer over a pwo. Student loans aren't cheap and he could end up with more playing time considering the talent we have been getting.

goyotes
08-15-2016, 02:47 AM
Based on the following tweet, it appears he is heading to the Yotes:
https://twitter.com/CoachMooseDLine/status/765012025986514944

westnodak93bison
08-15-2016, 02:52 AM
Don't we give kids the opportunity to earn a school? I saw this kid as a Chase Morlock/Swiss Army Knife type player.

Bison 4 Life
08-15-2016, 03:11 AM
Based on the following tweet, it appears he is heading to the Yotes:
https://twitter.com/CoachMooseDLine/status/765012025986514944

HAH! Good luck kid. You're gonna need it.

HerdBot
08-15-2016, 04:47 AM
Don't we give kids the opportunity to earn a school? I saw this kid as a Chase Morlock/Swiss Army Knife type player.

Yes, but it's not guaranteed. Can't burn a scholarship on every player or we won't have any left.

Math. We have 11 seniors and 13 verbals. Obviously we've had our annual attrition but damn near every verbal has a shit load of offers.

southcliffbison
08-15-2016, 10:36 AM
HAH! Good luck kid. You're gonna need it.

Actually, now, I almost feel sorry for the kid. Anyway, moving on, Good luck, Lincoln .

THEsocalledfan
08-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Kid made a good decision. Money talks and he should take it. Good for him.

bruinbison
08-16-2016, 01:01 AM
Jeremy Hoeck article on Gibbs commiting to South Dakota

At the basic level, it came down to this for Gibbs: NDSU’s offer had
been as a walk-on, while USD came later with a
scholarship offer. The Coyotes, though, had always been on his radar, he added.

http://m.yankton.net/sports/article_960e595c-6328-11e6-a5b1-572f91666b34.html?mode=jqm

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Here is my question for those "in the know." Would NDSU hold this against Gibbs? What I mean is, say he blows up his senior year (yes, I know hard in such a small program, but I am asking a general recruiting question) and NDSU decides they want him even more, and think they should have scholied him. Would they hold his "flipping" against him and not do it? Or would they think we made an error in our assessment, and come back with a scholie and try to flip him?

Just curious. With these early commitments, I have a hard time holding it against someone doing what Lincoln did, but perhaps the old schoolers think that is a lack of character?

17>1
08-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Here is my question for those "in the know." Would NDSU hold this against Gibbs? What I mean is, say he blows up his senior year (yes, I know hard in such a small program, but I am asking a general recruiting question) and NDSU decides they want him even more, and think they should have scholied him. Would they hold his "flipping" against him and not do it? Or would they think we made an error in our assessment, and come back with a scholie and try to flip him?

Just curious. With these early commitments, I have a hard time holding it against someone doing what Lincoln did, but perhaps the old schoolers think that is a lack of character?

I personally wouldn't have a problem with this at all. It's not like we offered him a scholly and he changed his mind and took a similar one with another school. I think the kid really wanted to be a Bison, but even more he wants to play D1 football. If a home state school comes along and offers money there's nothing wrong with the kid taking it. He can play his cards just like a college does. If he comes out and has a monster season, lets swoop in and snag him back. I mean heck, I don't know what gets said behind closed doors between recruits and our staff. Maybe there are discussions that happen where they kind of leave an offer or two out there with some kids to see how they do in their senior season. I could be way off too, but I'm not "in the know".

Professor Chaos
08-16-2016, 02:12 PM

I don't know how they can hold it against the kid. Like 13>1 said, when an in-state school offers him money over an out-of-state school offering a PWO (if you can call that an offer) it's pretty hard to get upset about the kid taking the in-state offer no matter what the state of each program is. I still don't know why he "committed" in the first place so early when there wasn't any money on the table from NDSU. However, if I'm an NDSU coach and I have recruiting budget left come January there's probably a little vindictive part of me that wants to offer Gibbs to see if I can flip him away from USD since they flipped him away from NDSU back in August.

Catman
08-16-2016, 02:19 PM

I just don't think NDSU wants to spend any scholarship money on a RB when they have an absurd amount of young talent at that position. Nothing against Gibbs....they just want to fill positional needs with scholarship $ first!

HerdBot
08-16-2016, 02:50 PM
I just don't think NDSU wants to spend any scholarship money on a RB when they have an absurd amount of young talent at that position. Nothing against Gibbs....they just want to fill positional needs with scholarship $ first!

Yep. Like I said before. 11 seniors. 13 verbals.

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2016, 03:19 PM

Not the question I am asking; I am asking more in general for any recruit who does something like this.

Catman
08-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Not the question I am asking; I am asking more in general for any recruit who does something like this.

Yeah I'm just thinking that its done and no they will not offer him a schollie.....they will get somebody who is also a very good RB to walk on.

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Yeah I'm just thinking that its done and no they will not offer him a schollie.....they will get somebody who is also a very good RB to walk on.

Still not what I am asking; I only used him as an example.

17>1
08-16-2016, 04:29 PM
Still not what I am asking; I only used him as an example.

Well by the way you finished off 'what you were asking', it sounds like maybe you're baiting the old schoolers a bit to respond with some negative comments towards the kid and his "character", in which you'll respond to and try and defend him. Is that getting any warmer?

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Well by the way you finished off 'what you were asking', it sounds like maybe you're baiting the old schoolers a bit to respond with some negative comments towards the kid and his "character", in which you'll respond to and try and defend him. Is that getting any warmer?

No. I want to know if this is something NDSU would do or not. Some folks on this board are "in the know." This will happen more and more as guys verbal earlier and earlier, unless the NCAA makes changes to signing processes. Lincoln made me think of the issue; is it something NDSU would even consider for him or others?

StL Bison Fan
08-16-2016, 05:16 PM
King tried his hand at FBS. Dont know if he verbaled (bet he didnt), but I am sure he was honest about it as he is here now.
Look at the letters that are sent stating that a verbal is taken seriously.
These are kids. Tough decisions. Leave it at that.
Although, lets be honest, we feel slighted when this happens. Just human nature- doesn't mean we are bad people.

SamsRams
08-16-2016, 05:34 PM
No. I want to know if this is something NDSU would do or not. Some folks on this board are "in the know." This will happen more and more as guys verbal earlier and earlier, unless the NCAA makes changes to signing processes. Lincoln made me think of the issue; is it something NDSU would even consider for him or others?
Every situation is different. But most of the time when this happens all communication is stopped.

Honker
08-16-2016, 06:34 PM
http://argusne.ws/2bxGObi

Lincoln says some nice things about NDSU in this article. Wishes circumstances would've been different, but looking forward to his future.

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Every situation is different. But most of the time when this happens all communication is stopped.

Thank you; that is what I was wondering.

tjbison
11-12-2019, 01:00 AM
Transferred to Bemidji St from USD

https://twitter.com/GibbsLincoln/status/1194045764340768769?s=19