PDA

View Full Version : Biggest ? going into 2016 season.

Bisonator98
06-07-2016, 06:26 PM
What's your opinion as to the biggest question mark coming into the 2016 season?

In my opinion it's who will step up into that shut down corner role. It was about as smooth a transition from Marcus to CJ as it gets but without CJ last year there were some definite growing pains. Hopefully the youngsters are ready to fill those shoes this year.

MNLonghorn10
06-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Kicking game, easily. NDSU has been spoiled the last 6 years with excellent punters and solid FG kicking(besides last year). dunno what we're gonna see this year

SDbison
06-07-2016, 06:50 PM
All of the above.......maybe can narrow it down to somewhere between Stick's passing improvement and the kicking game.

BisonHorns
06-07-2016, 07:31 PM
I said shut down corner. Stick was fine, heck he only missed the title game where I think he comes away with a win. Kicking, well the punter they are getting is supposed to take of that. Field goals will better with more practice. Oline is going to be good again especially after being trained by Haeg.

Mr Meaty
06-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Will the fans show up again??? The fans need to continue to improve their game to match the players and coaches. No more milk drinkers and knitters.

bisonaudit
06-07-2016, 07:41 PM
How do I vote A, B & C but not D?

BisonTru
06-07-2016, 07:45 PM
How do I vote A, B & C but not D?

I would have voted that way as well.

I'm a little surprised I'm this far in the minority on LT. That's a damn important position, IMO, and we've had that spot filled with AA future NFL players for many years.

Bison"FANatic"
06-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Finding the shutdown corner. When you have someone you can leave on a island like that on D it opens up so so so many options. You can literally bring pressure from anywhere on the field or slide into numerous D looks to either confuse or alter the offense or to stop a part of a offense that has been successful.

tony
06-07-2016, 08:44 PM
I'd say the whole secondary is the biggest question mark.

Since I'm destined to be completely wrong, what's the opposite of that? Offensive line?

Or, wait to see position Kolpack and Izzo say is the deepest in NDSU's DI history and pick that. :)

HandoEX
06-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Corner is the biggest question mark to me, followed by the kicking game. Not concerned at all with Stick's passing or LT.

BadlandsBison
06-07-2016, 09:15 PM
I'd say the whole secondary is the biggest question mark.

Since I'm destined to be completely wrong, what's the opposite of that? Offensive line?

Or, wait to see position Kolpack and Izzo say is the deepest in NDSU's DI history and pick that. :)

We'll be alright in the secondary. We'll see some progression like last season. I actually think there will be more takeaways on defense than last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
06-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Corner is easily #1
Kicking game will be fine. Cam will improve. Punting will be worse but still decent.
Between Stick and LT it's probably a wash. It's tough to pass if you don't have protection. We don't do a lot of deep 5 step drop passes (lots of short stuff) so I'm not quite as concerned about LT since we have a bunch of guys who can run block and Colin Connor is one of them.

BisonNeil
06-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Stick was fine, heck he only missed the title game where I think he comes away with a win.

Stick scared me quite a bit in the semi-final game. His sideline out pattern throws were weak, poorly timed and lacked velocity. If Richmond had decent CBs there could have been four pick sixes, as it was they got their hands in there to knock all four of them down. If he throws a ball like that in Desmond King's area against Iowa he will take it to the house.

BisonTru
06-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Shutdown LT > Shutdown CB, JMHO.

Hopefully we find both.

bisoningrandforks
06-07-2016, 11:14 PM
the front seven will help the young secondary......enough said!

HerdBoy
06-08-2016, 12:05 AM
Replacing the NFL caliber Punter.

Winning is Gr8
06-08-2016, 01:07 AM
not even close- CB. Remember the Montana game week 1 where CJ missed the game and what happened they passed at will. Our #2 CB needed help all season (nothing against Jordan) but he was average and he was the 2nd best on the team. Because CJ was so good he was picked on. Finding a replacement for both is very scary in my opinion.

Hammerhead
06-08-2016, 01:30 AM
Biggest question is how many games will the starters still be playing after the 3rd quarter when we are up by 28 points.

NDSU92
06-08-2016, 01:32 AM
the front seven will help the young secondary......enough said!

Exactly. We've had a secondary that was the class of FCS the past few years, but having a dominant D line really helps. Don't need to be an all american corner to cover someone for less than three seconds

HerdBot
06-08-2016, 02:26 AM
Stick scared me quite a bit in the semi-final game. His sideline out pattern throws were weak, poorly timed and lacked velocity. If Richmond had decent CBs there could have been four pick sixes, as it was they got their hands in there to knock all four of them down. If he throws a ball like that in Desmond King's area against Iowa he will take it to the house.

I dont think velocity was his problem on out patterns. Kids got an arm. He waited too long to throw them. Just needs some reps to get the timing down. It's a tough throw to make but even Brock Jensen didnt make those thows his first year but he became really really good at them.

I think Stick will make some serious strides this year. Kid went 8-0 as a starter and has gotten a ton of practice time

ndsubison1
06-08-2016, 03:36 AM
Maybe not as big, but a 3rd consistent receiver

ZHerd
06-08-2016, 04:11 AM
Maybe not as big, but a 3rd consistent receiver

A number of teams would be happy to have 2 good receivers and we already have that. We have heard good things about Dimitri Williams and Freeman plus have yet to see Bridges in action. I doubt receiver will be a weakness. I really hope we are able to redshirt Sean Engel

Bisonator98
06-08-2016, 05:44 PM
To expand more on my thoughts, I don't see an issue with the LT position, if there is one place NDSU excels it's on the oline and we have a history of reloading the rams. I think Conner will be a great one. I think Stick will be improved. He showed a lot of talent for a RFr last year. With another year in the program and all the reps with the receivers the play book should be wide open. The kicking game is a worry for me just not as big as the secondary, I think Cam will be improved and have more confidence. I'm hoping the transfer punter is the answer there, if not we can take a page out of Stitts play book and just go for it. :)

Bisonwinagn
06-08-2016, 06:03 PM
To expand more on my thoughts, I don't see an issue with the LT position, if there is one place NDSU excels it's on the oline and we have a history of reloading the rams. I think Conner will be a great one. I think Stick will be improved. He showed a lot of talent for a RFr last year. With another year in the program and all the reps with the receivers the play book should be wide open. The kicking game is a worry for me just not as big as the secondary, I think Cam will be improved and have more confidence. I'm hoping the transfer punter is the answer there, if not we can take a page out of Stitts play book and just go for it. :)

or if we score every time we don't need a punter. Kickoff's are a much bigger concern as we had a majority of touchbacks last year.

bisonaudit
06-08-2016, 06:12 PM
or if we score every time we don't need a punter. Kickoff's are a much bigger concern as we had a majority of touchbacks last year.

Nope. 52 returned, 43 touchbacks and 2 out of bounds out of 97 kickoffs.

ZHerd
06-08-2016, 06:15 PM
The Bison always produce good o-line players so I'm not super concerned with LT though the fact that Menard abused Conner (in the spring game)worse than he does most opponent LT's is slightly disconcerting. Hopefully a fall camp's worth of experience will remedy that. Kicking is a definite concern except we crushed it in the playoffs even with atrocious place kicking and Cam will be better than he was over those games....hopefully. Stick showed enough that I'm not terribly worried about what we will see at QB though he definitely needs to improve his timing and needs to do a better job on 3rd downs. That offense wont operate well if he can't complete first downs on 3rd and 5 even against good defenses. By far my biggest concern is pass coverage. In his limited role Allison made some nice plays but got smoked badly enough on others that I retain some concerns there. From what I've seen he is very fast and should have what it takes physically to develop into a shutdown corner. The spring game left me with zero confidence in anyone else in that group though it is only one glorified practice. People seem to be assuming a good d-line will bail the secondary but I wouldnt. It's not like we are getting pressure every play or piling up 6 sacks a game. Our line is good but isn't that dominant (yet anyways) and if we are going to perform as we have over most of this run then the defense has to be great, and the defense won't be great as it has been without lock down corners out on their island allowing the d to function as we are use to seeing. Therefore the starting corners need to play at a high level, and with a rough non con schedule, they need to have it figured out before game 1 kickoff. No pressure

civilguy
06-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Long snapper. More important position that most give credit. Spring game was real ugly!

bisonaudit
06-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Long snapper. More important position that most give credit. Spring game was real ugly!

All the more reason to just stop kicking.

Vet70
06-08-2016, 09:18 PM
A punter who can catch the ball.

ByeSonBusiness
06-08-2016, 09:21 PM
All the more reason just stop kicking.

Yes. Lets play NCAA/Madden baby. #EmbraceTheMath

BisoninNWMN
06-08-2016, 11:18 PM
All good choices.

I voted Stick. Can he consistently move the chains when needed with his arm?

Bisonwinagn
06-09-2016, 03:50 AM

WTF does long snapper have to do with the punter dropping the ball??

17>1
06-09-2016, 02:52 PM
It's really hard to argue with any prior posts considering these are all legitimate concerns and ? marks going into the 2016 season.

Finding a LT- The Bison continue to reload the line, every year, as building up both sides of the ball has been such a focus in recruiting. They are well coached, hard working, and continue to get better as a unit as the season moves along. I gotta believe the staff will put the right guy in this spot, and that he'll do an adequate enough job to keep Easton's backside protected.

Finding a CB- I agree, this is a big spot that the D will need to have figured out. I gotta believe that the coaches will put some young men in the position to be very successful, and the defense may have to play a little tighter early on in the season until these guys have more confidence. Sure, last year Champ got picked on quite a bit, but he got better as the season progressed...even had his first career INT in the title game :). I also think our D line is going to be as dominant a unit as we have seen in a while (Emmanuel and company were decent ;)) and that really will help our young corners.

Stick- He's bigger, stronger, and knows he's the starter from day 1. His confidence has to be pretty high based upon being 8-0 already. He knows what it takes to win, and that is exactly what you want more than anything out of your starting QB. With RJ, Shep, and whomever the 3rd guy is, I think timing is everything. We know he has the arm...that throw to RJ down the sideline against Montana was a thing of beauty, to bad it didn't count as a completion. We still have a 4 headed monster at RB, with Purifoy and his neon shoes vying for carries as well. He won't be asked to do too much with his arm, but he'll have an abundance of weapons at his disposal, should be a fun year with this kid behind center.

Kicking game- We know who our kicker is, and for the most part who our punter will be. Last year our punter was kicking FG's in camp, and that concerned me. Pederson has the leg, just need to keep sending him out there and have confidence every time he lines one up. I checked this one off in the poll, as it is the one spot I have the least confidence in at this point. Special teams is such a huge part of why we're successful as a team and it needs to be a rock solid unit.

Bison Loaf
06-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Question Marks (?) as in concerns...............I really don't have any.

Question Marks (?) as in things of interest that I'll be keeping an eye on.............................

1. How will they use Easton Stick as opposed to the prior 2 QBs, and as opposed to last year, and with regards to this early stage of his career.
2. Will there be expanded game reps for the heir-apparents to the Senior LB corp, and who will they be.
3. Will Chase Morlock's role continue to diversify and what will his production be like if healthy.
4. How does the offense use the embarrassment of riches the we seem to have at the TE position.
5. Is the secondary sound in their gap/lane assignments and are they sure-tacklers in run defense.
6. Does the young and inexperience kicking game cause the coaching staff to go for more 4th-and-shorts, or does the projected stoudt defense nullify that possible inclination.

Tony Almeida
06-09-2016, 08:29 PM

Nope. 52 returned, 43 touchbacks and 2 out of bounds out of 97 kickoffs.

Kickoffs is definitely a big concern...From what I saw, there is nobody on the roster that can boot the ball in the endzone...how can anybody look pass this?

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, we have the same scenario of kickoffs this year as last year using your numbers...This means 43 more chances of returns which means 43 more chances of returned TD's or great field position for the opposing teams which could greatly affect the outcome of any game...

Cam Pederson does not have the leg for touchbacks (again, from what I witnessed) but that's not to say he hasn't been working his ass off to strengthen his leg...or they have somebody else in mind such as that transfer punter from SMU, it appeared he had a boot for kickoffs as well.

This is one of the top concerns for me along with what most of you are saying about the secondary...

bisonaudit
06-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Kickoffs is definitely a big concern...From what I saw, there is nobody on the roster that can boot the ball in the endzone...how can anybody look pass this?

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, we have the same scenario of kickoffs this year as last year using your numbers...This means 43 more chances of returns which means 43 more chances of returned TD's or great field position for the opposing teams which could greatly affect the outcome of any game...

Cam Pederson does not have the leg for touchbacks (again, from what I witnessed) but that's not to say he hasn't been working his ass off to strengthen his leg...or they have somebody else in mind such as that transfer punter from SMU, it appeared he had a boot for kickoffs as well.

This is one of the top concerns for me along with what most of you are saying about the secondary...

I don't really want to get into a big thing here because mostly I think all aspects of kicking are over rated but, last year on the kickoffs they returned our opponents only averaged 19.2 yards. So even if the new guy only kicks it to the 5 instead of the goal line, the opponent is still starting their possession around the 25 yard line, which is where they'd get it on a touchback. What's really more important, the kicker or the coverage? Given the low average return length of our opponents were we kicking too many balls in the endzone last season?

FrozenTech
06-09-2016, 09:00 PM
I don't really want to get into a big thing here because mostly I think all aspects of kicking are over rated but, last year on the kickoffs they returned our opponents only averaged 19.2 yards. So even if the new guy only kicks it to the 5 instead of the goal line, the opponent is still starting their possession around the 25 yard line, which is where they'd get it on a touchback. What's really more important, the kicker or the coverage? Given the low average return length of our opponents were we kicking too many balls in the endzone last season?

This. To re-iterate a bit, Shorter kicks are where you get the other team into bad field position as long as you can hang it up there and your coverage team can get down to catch them early. A kick deep into the Endzone isn't going to get carried out very often since they get to start at the 25 anyway. Near the zone line? Guys will take that chance. Then its on the coverage team to bring them down inside the twenty, which historically as Audit shows, they've done.

17>1
06-09-2016, 09:11 PM
My concern with the special teams is more about making FG's and pinning opponents deep with a solid punting game, than the kickoffs. Our kick coverage, like Audit pointed out, has been stellar. I think Coastal in the playoffs 2 years ago was the last time anyone took one to the house on us. I feel like we missed some FG's last year that should've been made. Not trying to be critical, but I feel it's an area we can improve on. One of the most costly misses last year that I remember was at Montana and LeCompte missed one right around half time that ended up being pretty costly.

FrozenTech
06-09-2016, 09:27 PM
My concern with the special teams is more about making FG's and pinning opponents deep with a solid punting game, than the kickoffs. Our kick coverage, like Audit pointed out, has been stellar. I think Coastal in the playoffs 2 years ago was the last time anyone took one to the house on us. I feel like we missed some FG's last year that should've been made. Not trying to be critical, but I feel it's an area we can improve on. One of the most costly misses last year that I remember was at Montana and LeCompte missed one right around half time that ended up being pretty costly.

Great point. To Cam's credit he had a really rough post season... and then came out in the Championship game and put everything he was asked to do between the uprights.

I think he'll be more steady this year. Having the confidence of that Championship game behind him can only help. Hope I'm not wrong ;)

Punting will definately be interesting. Ben was just clutch. He'll be hard to replace.

BisonFanAnn
06-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Cam did well in the spring game too.

A1pigskin
06-12-2016, 01:27 PM
My number one and two: shutdown corner and kicking/punting.

EC8CH
06-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Surprised fullback isn't even an option in the poll.

North Side
06-12-2016, 10:20 PM
I don't think we will beat Iowa if Stick throws at the same level as last year. I need him to improve to be B- passer to at least B+

Vet70
06-12-2016, 10:50 PM

Clearly going forward we need to select a committee to form a committee to hire a consulting firm to put together polling choices. :biggrin:

Bison Loaf
06-13-2016, 02:00 AM

Clearly going forward we need to select a committee to form a committee to hire a consulting firm to put together polling choices. :biggrin:

I would volunteer to be on that committee BUT…………………I'm up to my ears with more pressing, FBS-sized magnitude projects! ;) Sorry!

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors/page14

reformedUNDfan
06-13-2016, 02:08 AM
Biggest question is how many games will the starters still be playing after the 3rd quarter when we are up by 28 points.

Bigger question is how fast the fanbase will turn pro-FBS when only Iowa gives the Bison a game this year. Gonna have some snoozy 4th quarters

MAKBison
06-13-2016, 03:25 AM
I don't think we will beat Iowa if Stick throws at the same level as last year. I need him to improve to be B- passer to at least B+

The good news is he showed he has the arm, the smarts and is a dual threat. The big issue last year was timing....was late on a lot of his out throws. A year to build confidence will allow him to make quicker decisions and get his timing down. I am not concerned.

17>1
06-13-2016, 01:39 PM

Remember we had an All American in Andrew Grothman at FB and then he graduated. It's safe to say that there was probably some drop off when Cyr came into replace him that next season, right? Was it noticeable enough though where FB was suddenly a weak point on our team and a concern? Personally I don't think so. FB's in our system are put in a position to be successful and whomever plays there this year will be adequate enough to get the job done. I'd put that at #5 or #6 in the biggest ? mark going into 2016.

17>1
06-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Bigger question is how fast the fanbase will turn pro-FBS when only Iowa gives the Bison a game this year. Gonna have some snoozy 4th quarters

Two words: South Dakota Coyotes

When the Bison quit having that one game a year where they just don't show up, and they are winning every game by 28+ points, then the fan base can turn into whatever it wants to.

Also, look at last season.

@Montana- L by 3 points.
UNI- W by 3 points.
USD- L by 3 points.
@SIU- W by 6 points.
@Youngstown- W by 3 points.

Those weren't snoozy 4th quarters, and I anticipate some close games again this upcoming season.

reformedUNDfan
06-13-2016, 04:24 PM
Two words: South Dakota Coyotes

When the Bison quit having that one game a year where they just don't show up, and they are winning every game by 28+ points, then the fan base can turn into whatever it wants to.

Also, look at last season.

@Montana- L by 3 points.
UNI- W by 3 points.
USD- L by 3 points.
@SIU- W by 6 points.
@Youngstown- W by 3 points.

Those weren't snoozy 4th quarters, and I anticipate some close games again this upcoming season.

I look at what happened in the playoffs once our very young team got some reps. Even with the kicker issues, I thought they were as good or better than 2013. I expect a team as good or better this year.

17>1
06-13-2016, 04:31 PM
I look at what happened in the playoffs once our very young team got some reps. Even with the kicker issues, I thought they were as good or better than 2013. I expect a team as good or better this year.

Can't argue that at all. I also expect the same, a very good football team that will compete for another national championship. The Bison seem to peak, or play their best football come playoff time. So during the regular season is when they figure out their identity, scratch and claw their way through the valley with some bumps and bruises, and win some close football games.

Vet70
06-13-2016, 05:11 PM
At this point it is too early for me to worry about anything concerning the team. That will have to wait until about a week before each game when I will be a nervous wreck. My biggest focus right now is whether or not Loaf will finally get his act together and quit obsessing on his AC/DC pipe dream and learn how to tailgate.

BisonNeil
06-13-2016, 07:01 PM

The 2015 Bison were very good, especially on defense, but as a whole the team was not better than the 2013 Bison team. The 2013 team beat their playoff opponents by an average score of 43.3 to 10.5, an average differential of nearly 34 pts. The 2015 team beat their playoff opponents by an average score of 32.5 to 9, with an average differential of 23.5 pts. The differential of an extra 10 points a game clearly shows how much more dominant the 2013 team was compared to the competition.

CAS4127
06-13-2016, 07:34 PM
This. To re-iterate a bit, Shorter kicks are where you get the other team into bad field position as long as you can hang it up there and your coverage team can get down to catch them early. A kick deep into the Endzone isn't going to get carried out very often since they get to start at the 25 anyway. Near the zone line? Guys will take that chance. Then its on the coverage team to bring them down inside the twenty, which historically as Audit shows, they've done.

The odds of returning a touchback are zero.

Jussayin.

Sent from my iPhone.

bisonaudit
06-13-2016, 07:41 PM

Jussayin.

Sent from my iPhone.

Returner still has the option to bring it out so the odds aren't zero unless the ball is kicked over the end line.

Jussayin.

Vet70
06-13-2016, 07:46 PM

Jussayin.

Sent from my iPhone.

Returner still has the option to bring it out so the odds aren't zero unless the ball is kicked over the end line.

Jussayin.

As long as we are jussayin:

Touchback
In American football, a touchback is a ruling which is made and signaled by an official when the ball becomes dead on or behind a team's own goal line (i.e., in an end zone) and the opposing team gave the ball the momentum, or impetus, to travel over or across the goal line. Such impetus may be imparted by a kick, pass, fumble, or in certain instances by batting the ball.

CAS4127
06-13-2016, 08:51 PM
As long as we are jussayin:

Touchback
In American football, a touchback is a ruling which is made and signaled by an official when the ball becomes dead on or behind a team's own goal line (i.e., in an end zone) and the opposing team gave the ball the momentum, or impetus, to travel over or across the goal line. Such impetus may be imparted by a kick, pass, fumble, or in certain instances by batting the ball.

Thank you. Didn't think I needed to elaborate, but apparently I did.

Plus, Audit's logic is wrong. The more balls kicked into the Endzone the better. Either it's a TB or they return it. If a return, the average still applies. Average starts from where ball is caught or secured by returner. So, if ball goes 5 deep in Endzone, the return goes to 14.2 yard line.

Pretty simple really.

Sent from my iPhone.

bisonaudit
06-14-2016, 12:11 AM
Thank you. Didn't think I needed to elaborate, but apparently I did.

Plus, Audit's logic is wrong. The more balls kicked into the Endzone the better. Either it's a TB or they return it. If a return, the average still applies. Average starts from where ball is caught or secured by returner. So, if ball goes 5 deep in Endzone, the return goes to 14.2 yard line.

Pretty simple really.

Sent from my iPhone.

Why so risk averse? If you want to kick it in the end zone every time, I'll just take it on the 25, thanks. That's better for me than you dropping a mortar inside the 5, forcing a return and my guy getting brought down, on average, short of the 25 instead. Plus, you're surrendering the chance to recover a krumble, the most devastating turnover in football.

scottietohottie
06-14-2016, 12:17 AM
. Plus, you're surrendering the chance to recover a krumble, the most devastating turnover in football.

So that's how the cookie krumbles.

CAS4127
06-14-2016, 03:37 AM
Why so risk averse? If you want to kick it in the end zone every time, I'll just take it on the 25, thanks. That's better for me than you dropping a mortar inside the 5, forcing a return and my guy getting brought down, on average, short of the 25 instead. Plus, you're surrendering the chance to recover a krumble, the most devastating turnover in football.

Defend your position all you want, but it's wrong-headed. Do some research on how many times there is a turnover (krumble) compared to TD or decent return. 19.2 is an average afterall.

Your world....

Sent from my iPhone.

Tony Almeida
06-14-2016, 06:58 AM

I disagree...why take that risk? 43 touchbacks last year right? What if all those kicks only make it to the 5 or 10 this year, which means 43 more returns (again, going by last year's numbers)...sure the coverage was great last year but that may not be the case this year. 43 is too great of a number and I would rather not take that risk. I would rather give them the ball at the 25 yard line every time...if just a couple of those returns ended up being a decent return or, God forbid, a TD, that could have devastating effects, especially if we are in some tight games like we were in last year.

I have faith in our kickoff coverage but I'm not sure I have enough for 43 more returns...my heart always stops for a second every time a kickoff lands short of the goal line, doesn't yours? But I always heave a sigh of relief when a touchback occurs...doesn't everybody?

Give it to them on the 25 and let our defense take care of the rest...on the 25 our defense has the luxury to give up a couple first downs, but if the opposing team happens to return it somewhere midfield, now that's getting a little tight for me.

I really hope Cam's leg is up for the task this year or else my heart is going to take a serious beating...pun.

bisonaudit
06-14-2016, 04:38 PM
Why take the risk? Perhaps because the 3 times we pinned the return team inside the 5 last year those sequences resulted in 14 points for us. And the 2 times they ran balls past the 32 yard line cost us just 7.

yopaulie
06-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Pretty small sample size. Curious if you have seen/read broader stats that show touchbacks are less/more favorable than non-touchback kicks?

CAS4127
06-14-2016, 06:02 PM
Pretty small sample size. Curious if you have seen/read broader stats that show touchbacks are less/more favorable than non-touchback kicks?

Plus the intangible positives of way less chance of player injuries and fan heart attacks.

Sent from my iPhone.

bisonaudit
06-14-2016, 06:48 PM

I haven't seen big data sets from college, but the NFL just changed their touch back rule so it's basically the same as the NCAA's now. Maybe that will yield some analysis.

SamsRams
06-17-2016, 03:19 AM
Crew Chiefs is my biggest concern. They lost the most losing Bonnet, Albers and Cyr.

If I have to chose me of those it's the kicking game but it's not even a close 2nd behind the crew chiefs

17>1
06-17-2016, 12:43 PM
Crew Chiefs is my biggest concern. They lost the most losing Bonnet, Albers and Cyr.

If I have to chose me of those it's the kicking game but it's not even a close 2nd behind the crew chiefs

Welcome back, John! I always enjoy seeing a post from you, hope the whirlwind slows down a bit for you and you can post more often.

gumby013
06-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Welcome back, John! I always enjoy seeing a post from you, hope the whirlwind slows down a bit for you and you can post more often.

Award Winning SamsRams™