PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Verbal: Luke Chuol

tony
06-06-2016, 06:03 PM
6-3. 235, DL, Circle Pines (Centennial). MN

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4060863/luke-chuol <- says 6-4, 250 on this site.

HerdBot
06-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Offers from all the usual suspects. UNI, SDSU, USD, Wyoming, etc. Good start to the dline!

EndZoneQB
06-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Thought it was interesting that UNI, USD and NDSU were his top 3.

tony
06-06-2016, 06:25 PM
http://www.scout.com/player/205238-luke-chuol/videos/MzAsMzY3NTAxNjI?year=2016&s=564

Highlight tape via The Bison Report.

MAKBison
06-06-2016, 06:51 PM
http://www.twincities.com/2016/06/06/centennial-defensive-end-luke-chuol-picks-north-dakota-state/

oh the fun it is

SDbison
06-06-2016, 06:54 PM
http://www.twincities.com/2016/06/06/centennial-defensive-end-luke-chuol-picks-north-dakota-state/

oh the fun it is Here we go again:
Chuol said he has received some interest but no scholarship offer from the Gophers after attending their summer camps and going on an unofficial visit. On whether a possible offer from Minnesota could change his mind, Chuol said, “I can’t answer that right now.”

Mr Meaty
06-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the Herd.

17>1
06-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Wow, another real early verbal. Spencer Waege made the comment after verballing that the Bison were probably only going to take 2 DE's and he felt he should hurry up and make his decision, otherwise he might regret not doing so later. I think NDSU and it's success gives us an immediate edge over any of the same schools recruiting these guys. We've been seeing it for a few years now that we're winning a lot more battles than we're losing to UNI and the Dakotas.

ByeSonBusiness
06-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Here we go again:
Chuol said he has received some interest but no scholarship offer from the Gophers after attending their summer camps and going on an unofficial visit. On whether a possible offer from Minnesota could change his mind, Chuol said, “I can’t answer that right now.”

That would be the case with probably 99% of kids. I wouldn't sweat it.

BisonHorns
06-06-2016, 10:53 PM
So then why verbal?

tony
06-06-2016, 10:54 PM
So then why verbal?

To get UNI, SDSU, UND, USD, etc to stop calling.

tjbison
06-07-2016, 12:08 AM
To get UNI, SDSU, UND, USD, etc to stop calling.

This....he gets a P5 offer, iowa, MN etc..he gone I bet, but itstill a fact of FCS G5 LIFE. Glad he's here for now and hope he hangs thru

A1pigskin
06-07-2016, 12:40 AM
Awesome!! Welcome to the Bison!!

HerdBot
06-07-2016, 01:57 AM
He's listed between 6-3 and 6-4 which is adequate for college but may have turned off the Gophers who typically shoot for Big Ten 6-5 + height. But this dude has a 6-9 wingspan which is huge for a DE. Love his highlights and that was only his Jr season!

SDbison
06-07-2016, 03:14 AM
So then why verbal? Exactly! What good is a verbal when you immediately state you might go elsewhere. 10% chance this kid sticks around. Not sure if he really wants to be a Bison. Go ahead, decommit and play for the loser goophers.

Bisonwinagn
06-07-2016, 03:26 AM
Exactly! What good is a verbal when you immediately state you might go elsewhere. 10% chance this kid sticks around. Not sure if he really wants to be a Bison. Go ahead, decommit and play for the loser goophers.

We had 30 pages of these comments last year so just let it go already. Every commit we have will be subject to leaving for a P5 offer. Would you rather have 100% committing on signing day? I doubt it.

GOBISON123
06-07-2016, 03:35 AM
I have seen this in a lot of 1st generation folks, they have a lot of pressure from the members of their homeland Diaspora to be part Big10, Big 12 , Stanford, Yale etc... Members of their Diaspora are more passionate about soccer than football.

56BISON73
06-07-2016, 03:40 AM
We had 30 pages of these comments last year so just let it go already. Every commit we have will be subject to leaving for a P5 offer. Would you rather have 100% committing on signing day? I doubt it.

The thing is schools do the same thing to the recruits. They will tell them --- hey your our number two guy. If number one doesnt sign then your our guy. Kids are waiting for offers and schools wait on commits. Its nothing to get emotional over. Its all part of the business.

Christopher Moen
06-07-2016, 04:22 AM
6-3. 235, DL, Circle Pines (Centennial). MN

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4060863/luke-chuol <- says 6-4, 250 on this site.

Reminds me a lot of DeMarcus Ware. Hopefully none of the P5 schools notice that until he's in a Bison uniform.

ByeSonBusiness
06-07-2016, 02:17 PM
I have seen this in a lot of 1st generation folks, they have a lot of pressure from the members of their homeland Diaspora to be part Big10, Big 12 , Stanford, Yale etc... Members of their Diaspora are more passionate about soccer than football.

What the **** are you talking about?

reformedUNDfan
06-07-2016, 02:30 PM

Something about how far up his ass his head is lodged

Rixen
06-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Seems to shed blocks very well and good run discipline. If they can get him up to the weight they are talking about he seems like a fantastic fit for passing downs DT or a strongside DE. More of an Ambrosius mold then Menard. Or maybe I am an idiot.

Exciting to get two DEs committed already!

17>1
06-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Seems to shed blocks very well and good run discipline. If they can get him up to the weight they are talking about he seems like a fantastic fit for passing downs DT or a strongside DE. More of an Ambrosius mold then Menard. Or maybe I am an idiot.

Exciting to get two DEs committed already!

I only watched a little bit of the tape, but I noticed him not wrapping up real well, maybe because it was HS competition and he can get away with trying to throw the runner/QB to the ground. Not trying to be critical as he looks like a tremendous athlete and is very quick off the ball. But after a couple of years under Kramer and some added strength, the kid is gonna be a beast and ready for college football.

SDbison
06-07-2016, 03:23 PM
The thing is schools do the same thing to the recruits. They will tell them --- hey your our number two guy. If number one doesnt sign then your our guy. Kids are waiting for offers and schools wait on commits. Its nothing to get emotional over. Its all part of the business. Yeah, I already know all that stuff.......just don't expect a recruit to announce he is still looking at other teams the same day he verbals to a team. For example, if you were looking for a job and got something good that you verbally accepted, yet had something better in the works elsewhere........most people would consider it inappropriate to announce to the world that you a still looking and considering other offers. Just keep it to yourself. Maybe this kid just doesn't know any better.

CaBisonFan
06-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Welcome Luke!

ByeSonBusiness
06-07-2016, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I already know all that stuff.......just don't expect a recruit to announce he is still looking at other teams the same day he verbals to a team. For example, if you were looking for a job and got something good that you verbally accepted, yet had something better in the works elsewhere........most people would consider it inappropriate to announce to the world that you a still looking and considering other offers. Just keep it to yourself. Maybe this kid just doesn't know any better.

So he didn't really say he is looking at other offers. He said he can't answer whether an offer from Minnesota would change his mind. That seems like a pretty diplomatic answer.

SDbison
06-07-2016, 03:47 PM
So he didn't really say he is looking at other offers. He said he can't answer whether an offer from Minnesota would change his mind. That seems like a pretty diplomatic answer.
He did say he was still going to visit other schools or attend camps (can't recall which exactly). Just better to say nothing.

Farmer63
06-07-2016, 04:25 PM
He did say he was still going to visit other schools or attend camps (can't recall which exactly). Just better to say nothing.

I would assume any coach of a FCS school realizes that if a recruit gets a late offer from a P5 school in his home state, that we may lose him. Happened with the Wisconsin kid last year. Cost of doing business, if you are going after high value kids.

Professor Chaos
06-07-2016, 04:42 PM
There's two ways of looking at the whole P5 defections issue. You can look at it as saying that we don't want kids who aren't 100% committed to the program. Or you can look at it as saying that we do want the kids who are extra motivated by that chip on their shoulder because they thought the higher profile schools missed on them.

I'm a believer in the latter. Billy Turner, for example, made no secret in his media interviews that he was pissed that Minnesota never offered him back in 2009/2010 because he thought he was better than some of the guys they did offer. You better believe he would've never set foot on NDSU's campus had Minnesota offered him and now he's a future Bison HOFer because they didn't. Thanks Brewster!

tony
06-07-2016, 05:53 PM
I don't know much, but I do know this: We need more players named Luke. Or, as heard it would be yelled at the FargoDome, Luuuuuuuuuuuuke!

Bisonator98
06-07-2016, 06:01 PM
I think if they take a P5 offer later that tells me we are going after the right kids. Why wouldn't you want P5 talent?

56BISON73
06-08-2016, 02:26 AM
I would assume any coach of a FCS school realizes that if a recruit gets a late offer from a P5 school in his home state, that we may lose him. Happened with the Wisconsin kid last year. Cost of doing business, if you are going after high value kids.

The thing is coaches will tell you to take all the trips you can for comparison and enjoy them as this only happens once in your life.. They dont want you second guessing yourself---decision..

HerdBot
06-08-2016, 02:44 AM

Special assessments are different than property taxes. They are the method the city uses to pay for infrastructure improvements that benefit your property, such as water main replacement and flood protection projects. The cost of these projects is divided among properties that benefit from them.

I'm order to travel, the vehicle integrated with the flux capacitor needed to be traveling at 88 mph (140.8 km/h), and required 1.21 gigawatts of power (1,210,000,000 watts), originally supplied by a plutonium-powered nuclear reactor

Talk With Your Insurance Agent

If you are interested in learning more about flood insurance or purchasing flood insurance, we encourage you to contact your insurance agent

This is what I was thinking when I read this. It just didn't make any sense.

MNLonghorn10
06-08-2016, 03:14 AM
I think if they take a P5 offer later that tells me we are going after the right kids. Why wouldn't you want P5 talent?
Idk. I've been told many a times on this message board that a Bison offer is better than a gopher one,but even though if both offered, 9 times out of 10 they choose minnesota.

ndsubison1
06-08-2016, 03:34 AM
Dude is a beast. But looks like a guy that will eventually get a Gophers offer

HerdBot
06-08-2016, 05:24 AM
Dude is a beast. But looks like a guy that will eventually get a Gophers offer

So was Greg Menard, Leevon Perry, Matthew Gratzek, and Cole Jirik. And 2 years ago Hubbs, Brian Carlton, and Jack Darnell

And moving to Nebraska, so did Kyle Emmanuel.

And Wisconsin Nate Tanguay, Brad Ambrosius, Brian Schaetz, Justin Juckem, Grant Morgan. ..

Not saying they weren't worthy but the Gophers, Badgers, and Huskers can't get every player or maybe they weren't a good fit for their systems

Lots of talented Dline man in the Midwest

THEsocalledfan
06-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Happened with the Wisconsin kid last year.

Only one I can think of was Lloyd and that was only a PWO offer for the Badgers. Correct me if wrong. I want NDSU to win versus P5 when we are talking scholie vs. PWO. Now, if MN offers him, I'll certainly understand. I do agree that this kid appears too hot not to get a Gophers offer.

Farmer63
06-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Only one I can think of was Lloyd and that was only a PWO offer for the Badgers. Correct me if wrong. I want NDSU to win versus P5 when we are talking scholie vs. PWO. Now, if MN offers him, I'll certainly understand. I do agree that this kid appears too hot not to get a Gophers offer.

I understand your point. But think of it this way. Hypothetical kid from North Dakota gets a scholarship offer from Minnesota Duluth and a PWO from NDSU. Which one do you think he might take, if he actually has confidence in himself to develop his talent and earn a spot? My bet is this hypothetical kid would give it a shot at NDSU. I just think lots of kids would want to play for the premier college in their home state if given a chance.

tjbison
06-08-2016, 04:36 PM
I understand your point. But think of it this way. Hypothetical kid from North Dakota gets a scholarship offer from Minnesota Duluth and a PWO from NDSU. Which one do you think he might take, if he actually has confidence in himself to develop his talent and earn a spot? My bet is this hypothetical kid would give it a shot at NDSU. I just think lots of kids would want to play for the premier college in their home state if given a chance.

We have a QB we signed we plucked from a ride at MN Duluth...P5 does it and so do we

EndZoneQB
06-08-2016, 04:57 PM
C'mon guys, it's only a problem when someone else does it!

runtheoption
06-08-2016, 05:47 PM
C'mon guys, it's only a problem when someone else does it!Like when those SOB's put "road closed" signs and orange construction cones right where I want to drive? :)

Oh the price we pay, to live in a republic where freedom of movement allows kids to choose where they want to go to school and gives us roads taking us over state lines without hitting any checkpoints.

Purple and shit, whatever or something.

THEsocalledfan
06-08-2016, 07:41 PM

AND to add to tjbison's point, a Duluth offer would likely only be a partial ride, so PWO much more attractive so not apples to apples.

ByeSonBusiness
06-08-2016, 07:52 PM
AND to add to tjbison's point, a Duluth offer would likely only be a partial ride, so PWO much more attractive so not apples to apples.

How many guys at NDSU are on full rides? 85 max recipients with 63 maximum scholarships.....

Farmer63
06-08-2016, 10:38 PM
How many guys at NDSU are on full rides? 85 max recipients with 63 maximum scholarships.....

So if you max out the partials that you offer, that would allow 41 full, and 44 partials. Is my math correct?

Answer Guy
06-09-2016, 12:48 AM
So if you max out the partials that you offer, that would allow 41 full, and 44 partials. Is my math correct?

Partials don't have to be half. And you could have less than 85 recipients.

HerdBot
06-09-2016, 01:28 AM

The North Dakota kid gets in state tuition which is about 3500 a year. Duluth had ND reciprocity which is about 6,000 per year. Most D2 athletes get 1/4 or 1/2 scholarships so it's still about the same rate anyways, or at least in the same ballpark.

And if the ND walkon earns a half scholarship, he will also earn half of the cost of attendance which is close to 2 grand.

But dollar for dollar, most kids want to play big time football... not D2

roadwarrior
06-09-2016, 01:35 AM
The North Dakota kid gets in state tuition which is about 3500 a year.

Just slightly behind the times! Base tuition for a ND resident for 2016-2017 is $6924. That doesn't include any mandatory fees.

HerdBot
06-09-2016, 01:43 AM
Just slightly behind the times! Base tuition for a ND resident for 2016-2017 is $6924. That doesn't include any mandatory fees.

Whoops Google had per semester not year and it was old data. Duluth data is old too.

I'm sure it's fairly close though and with partials they get the partial FCOA

THEsocalledfan
06-09-2016, 02:37 PM

My understanding is most kids getting offers from other schools get full rides. I would think NDSU takes B1G PWO offers very seriously and would treat it like offers from other FCS schools. I would be pretty surprised if NDSU did not offer full to Lloyd, particularly after the Wisconsin PWO, but hard to know.

EC8CH
06-25-2016, 03:34 PM
Luke just had a great interview on Kolpack and Izzo. Sounds like a great recruit with a good head on his shoulders who is in love with the idea of being a Bison.

tjbison
07-24-2016, 06:01 AM
he gone it sounds, claims too many DL recruits

guessing he is off to UNI or Wyo i would think if they still have open offers

Bisonwinagn
07-24-2016, 08:35 AM
This one doesn't make much sense on the surface!!

ndsubison1
07-24-2016, 08:37 AM
he gone it sounds, claims too many DL recruits

guessing he is off to UNI or Wyo i would think if they still have open offers

Link? 10 char.

EC8CH
07-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Link? 10 char.

http://www.scout.com/college/north-dakota-state/forums/5713-insider/14846375--luke-chuol-decommits-from-ndsu

If the "too many DE" commits part is true, WOW. Pretty sure coaches would have made it clear competition is a big part of being a Bison. Feels like an excuse for something else though.

Bison"FANatic"
07-24-2016, 01:21 PM
If you don't thrive and crave competition being a Bison is going to be very tough for that recruit. Heck we have walk on's that win position battles over full scholarship players. Better to find out in July of 2016 than at camp in August 2017.

GOBISON123
07-24-2016, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=ByeSonBusiness;1126647]What the **** are you talking about?

That dont hold your breath BisonNation , he will decomit soon

mtoutfitter
07-24-2016, 02:01 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/north-dakota-state/forums/5713-insider/14846375--luke-chuol-decommits-from-ndsu

If the "too many DE" commits part is true, WOW. Pretty sure coaches would have made it clear competition is a big part of being a Bison. Feels like an excuse for something else though.

Maybe the coaches thought he had the frame to play inside instead of DE and he wasn't liking that idea....just spitballing here

EC8CH
07-24-2016, 02:08 PM
Maybe the coaches thought he had the frame to play inside instead of DE and he wasn't liking that idea....just spitballing here

This seems possible. If he has his heart set on playing DE and that's not the Bison coaching staff's plan for him then being up front and splitting ways now is best for everyone.

HerdBot
07-24-2016, 04:19 PM
That's kind of a bummer but the coaches did the right thing by loading up on the D-line. Last year we put all of our eggs in 1 basket and the kid decommitted late so this year we got 3 rock solid DEs and some DTs. Obviously the coches didn't feel super confident in the level of the commitment so they stocked up. Wish the kid luck and hope he lands with a team that has less competition.

SDbison
07-24-2016, 04:22 PM
That's kind of a bummer but the coaches did the right thing by loading up on the D-line. Last year we put all of our eggs in 1 basket and the kid decommitted late so this year we got 3 rock solid DEs and some DTs. Obviously the coches didn't feel super confident in the level of the commitment so they stocked up. Wish the kid luck and hope he lands with a team that has less competition. lol at the last part of your post. Seriously? If you are a true competitor you welcome the competition knowing it will make you better......and you can show how good you really are!

HerdBot
07-24-2016, 05:41 PM
lol at the last part of your post. Seriously? If you are a true competitor you welcome the competition knowing it will make you better......and you can show how good you really are!

I'm just repeating the reason he decommitted so if he is concerned about too many good players around him, all I can do is wish him luck. Any further comment is really unnecessary IMO

Bisonwinagn
07-24-2016, 07:06 PM
That's kind of a bummer but the coaches did the right thing by loading up on the D-line. Last year we put all of our eggs in 1 basket and the kid decommitted late so this year we got 3 rock solid DEs and some DTs. Obviously the coches didn't feel super confident in the level of the commitment so they stocked up. Wish the kid luck and hope he lands with a team that has less competition.

I highly doubt the coaches are making offers on the strength of a commitment. That's completely ridiculous. Unless someone has told them specifically they are going to leave if they get a better offer.

HerdBot
07-24-2016, 08:24 PM
I highly doubt the coaches are making offers on the strength of a commitment. That's completely ridiculous. Unless someone has told them specifically they are going to leave if they get a better offer.

That's not really what I meant.

The large numbers was a result of getting zero DEs last year. It was mistake last year to offer 1 DE, watch him decommit, and then lose out on your plan C guy. Then end up with zero DEs.

We have the same head count we have always had. I think we had 3-5 players who are all comparable and we probably got verbals out of all of them. All of these guys are blue chippers for us

But I think all the players are interchangeable and the coaches find a way to get the best athletes on the field. You have players who can play RDE, LDE, and the 3 technique DT. You have guys better suited for 3rd down pass rushers too.

I think a kid who doesn't want competition and wants a starting role handed to him and wants us to change our headcount numbers for him won't fit in here. Welcome to D1 Football. The worst player on our roster (it any college roster) was the best player or a star on their high school team. That's how the big boys do it

CaBisonFan
07-24-2016, 09:28 PM
...Bye Luke...

BisonFan5656
07-25-2016, 04:19 AM
Chuol will be back the coaches won't let him slip away!

Bisonator98
07-25-2016, 11:46 AM
I'd rather he not come if he doesn't really want to be here. Give me the guys that want to be here and compete. Good luck to Luke!

El_Chapo
07-25-2016, 03:12 PM
another loss to a FBS school

Mr. Burgundy
07-25-2016, 03:54 PM

You would be wrong on this. If a kid wants to stand up and say bring on the competition, lets load up at the DLine, lets be nasty, be a leader for incoming freshman....and then one day wake up and question the amount of competition coming in at his spot, and suddenly question the ability to beat out others, that isn't what the staff is going to want. Everyone that plays at this level is good. NDSU takes kids that would cut their arm off to play. Not sure how you go from the cheerleader of the staff to questioning if NDSU is the right place. Life lessons are fun. It isn't right for everyone. Those who stay will be champions.

StL Bison Fan
07-25-2016, 03:59 PM
You would be wrong on this. If a kid wants to stand up and say bring on the competition, lets load up at the DLine, lets be nasty, be a leader for incoming freshman....and then one day wake up and question the amount of competition coming in at his spot, and suddenly question the ability to beat out others, that isn't what the staff is going to want. Everyone that plays at this level is good. NDSU takes kids that would cut their arm off to play. Not sure how you go from the cheerleader of the staff to questioning if NDSU is the right place. Life lessons are fun. It isn't right for everyone. Those who stay will be champions.
Good statement. Its just too much work to have doubts. 100% buy in from the get go.

SDbison
07-25-2016, 04:02 PM
You would be wrong on this. If a kid wants to stand up and say bring on the competition, lets load up at the DLine, lets be nasty, be a leader for incoming freshman....and then one day wake up and question the amount of competition coming in at his spot, and suddenly question the ability to beat out others, that isn't what the staff is going to want. Everyone that plays at this level is good. NDSU takes kids that would cut their arm off to play. Not sure how you go from the cheerleader of the staff to questioning if NDSU is the right place. Life lessons are fun. It isn't right for everyone. Those who stay will be champions. You had me at, "Those who stay will be champions".

ndsubison1
07-25-2016, 05:56 PM
I'd rather he not come if he doesn't really want to be here. Give me the guys that want to be here and compete. Good luck to Luke!

That's the way it is sometimes. Best of luck to the young man.

El_Chapo
07-25-2016, 06:39 PM
its a HUGE loss, a top 10 Minnesota Recruit. The lure of telling people you play FBS is real & beats us on 4-5 kids each year, thats the plain truth no matter how much some people want to spin it.

HerdBot
07-25-2016, 07:54 PM

Absolutely. Our other D lineman like Tanner Sundt, McCormick, Spencer Waege, and the kid from Wyoming didn't fear competition. And some of those kids were as highly recruited or higher

SamsRams
07-27-2016, 01:20 AM
Absolutely. Our other D lineman like Tanner Sundt, McCormick, Spencer Waege, and the kid from Wyoming didn't fear competition. And some of those kids were as highly recruited or higher

Whoever gets this young man will pound their chest and say they beat NDSU. And maybe they did by getting him to decommit. Whatever the case, I can tell you NDSU no longer has an offer out to him

El_Chapo
07-27-2016, 01:39 AM
absolutely. Our other d lineman like tanner sundt, mccormick, spencer waege, and the kid from wyoming didn't fear competition. And some of those kids were as highly recruited or higher

this is a flat out lie gabe. Luke was ranked top 10 in minnesota sorry

KINGRANCH
07-27-2016, 01:40 AM
Whoever gets this young man will pound their chest and say they beat NDSU. And maybe they did by getting him to decommit. Whatever the case, I can tell you NDSU no longer has an offer out to him

Ding ding ding, we have a good bingo!!! Close the thread.

southcliffbison
07-27-2016, 03:26 AM

I will LOL my ass off if he ends up with the F'hawkers ........ it would tell me all I need to know about this kid.

natstar1
07-27-2016, 03:38 AM
usually don't rail on HS kids, but what was he thinking? forget just about this year, but next year we're going to recruit DL too. And guess what? those kids are going to be some damn good FB players too. It's not as though you land Carson Wentz/Easton Stick and you stop recruiting QB for 3 years.

BFKasper14
07-27-2016, 03:48 AM
I will LOL my ass off if he ends up with the F'hawkers ........ it would tell me all I need to know about this kid.

Do they have an offer out? Is there anything to indicate he wants to go there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAKBison
07-27-2016, 04:20 AM

I was a bit curious when we kept recruiting DE. I don't know if there is any there there, but just thought it was odd. Seems we had some doubts.....idk

thebigund
07-27-2016, 03:16 PM

Classic. Absolutly Classic.

thebigund
07-27-2016, 03:19 PM

Even though it would make for good drama, we have offers out to 9 DEs and he is not one of them.

tjbison
07-27-2016, 03:28 PM
Even though it would make for good drama, we have offers out to 9 DEs and he is not one of them.

until Yesterday......lol

Mr. Burgundy
07-27-2016, 03:49 PM
UND is not one of the schools that is ALL OVER Luke. I am glad they took a stand and moved on. You don't need drama. We are loaded and the kids we are loaded with are kid who want/need to be here. He can go play....elsewhere. Bubba doesn't want kids like this either. Good for them. Faith, family, negative recruiting, football.

Christopher Moen
07-27-2016, 06:19 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess and say he ends up in Cedar Falls. I base this on one of his earlier social media posts where he had UNI as his #1 team.

With that said, best of luck to him. Until an individual is on campus going to school and puts the uniform on, I don't consider them a Bison. No reason to get upset about 17-19 year-olds not being able to make up their minds.

56BISON73
07-27-2016, 06:47 PM
UND is not one of the schools that is ALL OVER Luke. I am glad they took a stand and moved on. You don't need drama. We are loaded and the kids we are loaded with are kid who want/need to be here. He can go play....elsewhere. Bubba doesn't want kids like this either. Good for them. Faith, family, negative recruiting, football.

Let me get this straight. This kid hasnt even played his senior season in HS yet. right?

tjbison
07-27-2016, 07:09 PM
Let me get this straight. This kid hasnt even played his senior season in HS yet. right?

correct, he is going straight to the NFL instead of coming to NDSU

I have the text

El_Chapo
07-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Luke is a top 10 Minnesota kid Huge Loss

56BISON73
07-27-2016, 09:55 PM

I have the text

Ok. So this kid just finished his junior years in HS and people are upset he changed his mind?:rofl:---------------:facepalm:

HerdBot
07-27-2016, 09:57 PM

I have the text

He's already declared for the NFL Draft and has an agent. Same agent as Wentz and Goff

Jay
11-16-2016, 01:27 AM
Committed to South Dakota.

Son of a Bison
11-16-2016, 03:28 AM
Wonder if he will be at the game this weekend?

1993bison
11-17-2016, 01:02 AM
Don't care. Apparently he doesn't want to be a Bison. Good luck to him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bison20
11-17-2016, 02:12 AM
Wonder if he will be at the game this weekend?

If he is he will be in the corner thinking what in the hell did I do.

X-Factor
11-17-2016, 02:30 AM

In the corner hunkered down thinking no way in hell he'd ever crack the 2 deep ;)

THEsocalledfan
11-17-2016, 01:37 PM

Yep, if he's there, he gets to see a facility that is an embarrassment, and more Bison fans.

southcliffbison
11-17-2016, 02:16 PM
Yep, if he's there, he gets to see a facility that is an embarrassment, and more Bison fans.

Ok, guys, a few questions I have regarding Mr. Chuol. I know he verbaled, then reneged; did Coach offered him a full, partial, or PWO? I know he mentioned something about the competition for playing time and the commitment required to be a part of Bison football.......REALLY ????? This caused him to de-verbal ???? It had to be about the scholly..........Is USD offerring FCOA ? If his attitude is that he doesn't want competition for PT; well, best of luck to you, Mr. Chuol.

Professor Chaos
11-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Ok, guys, a few questions I have regarding Mr. Chuol. I know he verbaled, then reneged; did Coach offered him a full, partial, or PWO? I know he mentioned something about the competition for playing time and the commitment required to be a part of Bison football.......REALLY ????? This caused him to de-verbal ???? It had to be about the scholly..........Is USD offerring FCOA ? If his attitude is that he doesn't want competition for PT; well, best of luck to you, Mr. Chuol.
Yes, USD offers FCOA. As far as the rest of that it's all speculation at worst and hearsay at best. Who cares??? He's gone.

Jay
11-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Mods should just move this to MVFC recruiting thread.

El_Chapo
11-18-2016, 06:46 PM
here's luke's story .

Verballed to NDSU in June, then in July was ranked top 10 in Minnesota & got visits to Wyoming, Missouri so he thought he was going big time & Decommited.

when he only got PWO offers like below into september and he play wasnt spectacular this year he was left with USD on 11/8/16...

Luke Chuol receives PWO from Missouri Tigers
Scout-Sep 20, 2016
Circle Pines, Minn. - 2017 defensive lineman Luke Chuol received a preferred walk on offer from Missouri