PDA

View Full Version : Except Iowa & UNI Toughest Regular Season Game?

Vet70
05-14-2016, 10:58 AM
Thinking everyone needs a break from Loaf's constant obsession (and delusions :D) with AC/DC playing the West lot I thought I would ask what the toughest regular season game is going to be for 2016. Iowa and UNI would probably be the obvious choices for most people so I left them out of the mix. After flipping a coin several times between ISU-R and SDSU I still can't decide.

HerdBoy
05-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Youngstown with Webb and Ruiz should be one of the better teams in the MVFC. Jacks would be my second pick.

tjbison
05-14-2016, 01:49 PM
USD?????

Ha ha

Hammerhead
05-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Chuck South won't know what hit them -- just like every non-conference opponent making their 1st trip to the Fargodome in recent years.

17>1
05-14-2016, 03:00 PM
Chuck South won't know what hit them -- just like every non-conference opponent making their 1st trip to the Fargodome in recent years.

I really hope that they come in as a confident bunch, looking to knock off the 5 time champs. Makes for a better vibe come game time. Anyone else notice the guy for Richmond on all fours when the lights were out and the Bison were coming onto the field? I loved it. Chuck will soon figure out that they're gonna get punched in the mouth over and over and over again. Gonna be a long day for them.

Bisonwinagn
05-14-2016, 05:36 PM
I really hope that they come in as a confident bunch, looking to knock off the 5 time champs. Makes for a better vibe come game time. Anyone else notice the guy for Richmond on all fours when the lights were out and the Bison were coming onto the field? I loved it. Chuck will soon figure out that they're gonna get punched in the mouth over and over and over again. Gonna be a long day for them.

I really don't understand the fascination with ripping on Chuck South and making them out to be some loser program. They have the guts and determination to come to Fargo and see how they match up to help build their program. They schedule NDSU when nobody else will and all they get is unwarranted sarcasm. How about showing some respect to these teams instead of pompous arrogance.

17>1
05-14-2016, 06:07 PM
I really don't understand the fascination with ripping on Chuck South and making them out to be some loser program. They have the guts and determination to come to Fargo and see how they match up to help build their program. They schedule NDSU when nobody else will and all they get is unwarranted sarcasm. How about showing some respect to these teams instead of pompous arrogance.

Don't confuse my confidence for arrogance. I didn't rip on Chuck South at all or call them a loser program either. Traditionally, these non conference matchups at home usually turn out to have a pretty similar result, not sure where you've been for the last 30 years. Also, I'm responding because you quoted me, and if you know me at all I'm a big fan of any team that steps up and takes on the challenge of coming to Fargo and playing the Bison. For example, I applauded the coach from Incarnate Word a couple of years ago and his excitement to come play a premiere program, and the learning experience it provided for his players.

reformedUNDfan
05-14-2016, 06:22 PM
Youngstown was the last team to have NDSU on the ropes, I thought they looked really good. They had 6 losses last year, but only one by more than 8 points, and they had 4th quarter leads in 4 of them. Pitt 8, ISUr 2, SDSU 30, SIU 7, NDSU 3, ISU 3. I heard they were young had depth issues because of it, that would definitely some things

A1pigskin
05-14-2016, 08:13 PM
This is a tough one. Going with ISU-R. 2nd choice SDSU. I'm going with this because ISU-R is looking for revenge.

runtheoption
05-15-2016, 03:39 AM
Going with 1's vs. 1's on some Tuesday in September.

MNLonghorn10
05-15-2016, 04:06 AM
This is a tough one. Going with ISU-R. 2nd choice SDSU. I'm going with this because ISU-R is looking for revenge.
Pfft. Couple home games one being vs a team that has lost like 11 straight vs the Bison who we all know is mentally weak

ISUR sucks

Vet70
05-15-2016, 11:08 AM
Going with 1's vs. 1's on some Tuesday in September.

No passing grade on this one.
https://angelmartinito123.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/students.jpg

BisoninNWMN
05-15-2016, 03:01 PM
W/O Roberson and Coprich, Ill State will take a big step back in '16.

SDbison
05-16-2016, 03:35 PM
USD?????

Ha ha Yep, I picked that one.....who was the last conference team to beat NDSU? It is the last game of the season and who knows what if anything will be on the line. USD is at home and knows what it takes to beat the Bison. I expect this game to be interesting, maybe not the toughest, but most chance for an upset.

17>1
05-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Yep, I picked that one.....who was the last conference team to beat NDSU? It is the last game of the season and who knows what if anything will be on the line. USD is at home and knows what it takes to beat the Bison. I expect this game to be interesting, maybe not the toughest, but most chance for an upset.

I agree that it will be a tough matchup. The toughest, well who really knows at this point. Everyone thought the Youngstown matchup a few years ago when they were like #3 vs the Bison at #1 was going to be a tough test and we destroyed them at home. Any road game in the MFVC, or home game for that matter is a tough game. USD will be at home and playing with some confidence knowing they beat us last year. And like you said, who knows what will be on the line that weekend. Based upon history, we'll probably be trying to clinch another conference championship, a top 2 seed in the playoffs, and maintaining momentum rolling into the post season. The Coyotes would love to play the spoiler.

Bisonwinagn
05-16-2016, 06:33 PM
W/O Roberson and Coprich, Ill State will take a big step back in '16.

Possibly, but I believe they return the most starters of any team in the conference. Also can't get out of my mind they beat UNI last year without Roberson so I still think they will be tough.

17>1
05-16-2016, 07:19 PM
Possibly, but I believe they return the most starters of any team in the conference. Also can't get out of my mind they beat UNI last year without Roberson so I still think they will be tough.

Agreed, I still think they'll be a tough test. Don't people say the same things about the Bison every year when so and so graduates? "The Bison will take a step back since Brock and all those seniors left"......4 peat! "The Bison will take a step back since Kyle, and Dudz, and Beck are gone"......5 peat!

BisonTru
05-16-2016, 07:38 PM
Agreed, I still think they'll be a tough test. Don't people say the same things about the Bison every year when so and so graduates? "The Bison will take a step back since Brock and all those seniors left"......4 peat! "The Bison will take a step back since Kyle, and Dudz, and Beck are gone"......5 peat!

The Redbirds do have a highly recruited QB in Jake Kolbe that is suppose to take over the reigns. He had a couple G5 offers. As always time will tell, highly recruited doesn't always mean they work out.

IzzyFlexion
05-16-2016, 08:27 PM
ISUr.

Got to remember to tell the clock operator to set the beginning of the 4th quarter at 19:00.

Vet70
05-16-2016, 08:35 PM
ISUr.

Got to remember to tell the clock operator to set the beginning of the 4th quarter at 19:00.

Rep for that one. :rofl:

Mr Meaty
05-16-2016, 08:35 PM
ISUr.

Is this so they do not "run" out of time??? :rofl:

EC8CH
05-16-2016, 08:41 PM
Next few years will be interesting for ISUr. If they continue their recent success, it could indicate that Spack has really improved their program. If not it could mean they're just another program that relies too much on FBS transfers that got lucky on a few and had a short spark of success.

Rock
05-17-2016, 03:45 AM
Next few years will be interesting for ISUr. If they continue their recent success, it could indicate that Spack has really improved their program. If not it could mean they're just another program that relies too much on FBS transfers that got lucky on a few and had a short spark of success.

I thought Spack went all in last year. Youngstown looks toughest imo.

Christopher Moen
05-17-2016, 05:27 AM

I agree with Youngstown. Last year was a coming of age for the whole team. I believe that victory killed any doubt what they were capable of doing for the rest of the year.

Stone-Cold Winners!

DePereBisonFan
05-17-2016, 07:18 PM
USD?????

Ha ha

That's really not funny

Alsen
05-18-2016, 05:59 AM

Thank God it's a home game. We may have had help from the officials winning that game in Youngstown last year. Their coach should have his own reality show.

EC8CH
05-18-2016, 11:58 AM
We may have had help from the officials winning that game in Youngstown last year.

https://i.imgflip.com/10u5bq.jpg

17>1
05-18-2016, 02:06 PM
Thank God it's a home game. We may have had help from the officials winning that game in Youngstown last year. Their coach should have his own reality show.

If those guys complete that 3rd down play where they missed the receiver by a couple of inches, we probably aren't even discussing the pass interference call, which was a good call btw.

17>1
06-28-2016, 02:38 PM
Bump.

Didn't realize how much Illinois St lost on the defensive side of the ball as well. Was reading a bit on the ISUr forum and they lost some size and leadership in that front 7, could be a long day for them against the Bison rushing attack.

EC8CH
06-28-2016, 03:27 PM
Bump.

Didn't realize how much Illinois St lost on the defensive side of the ball as well. Was reading a bit on the ISUr forum and they lost some size and leadership in that front 7, could be a long day for them against the Bison rushing attack.

Also lost their OC on short notice.

mango
06-28-2016, 03:32 PM
How the hell does SDSU have 30 votes?? We can't beat you guys.

BisonNation11
06-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Bump.

Also lost their OC on short notice.

Sounds like their program may be going.... Up in smoke???

StL Bison Fan
06-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Sounds like their program may be going.... Up in smoke???

Lets not make the guy the butt of jokes

Vet70
06-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Lets not make the guy the butt of jokes

Just roll with it.