PDA

View Full Version : Running back depth

kchats
04-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Sounds like the Bison have a great problem at running back. Symeon Cabell tore it up in the scrimmage yesterday and it has Coach Bohl thinking of his depth chart. Sounds like the offense had its way with the defense in the game as well. Steffes, Chapman, Cabell, Washington, Roehl, Jangula that is quite a stable of running backs. It could be tough to keep them all happy with only one ball.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=123110&section=Sports

MplsBison
04-09-2006, 03:31 PM
I thought Washington was a receiver?

Where ever he ends up, he's going to be a burner this season and next at kickoff and punt return.

Gamehunter
04-09-2006, 05:08 PM
The defense is still missing some key players on the D-Line that wont be practicing with the Bison untill fall from what it sounds. But even still, for the offense to "own" the defense, especially this early in the spring and without Walker, is quite surprising considering the level of talent on defense.

BTW, why have we not heard anything on T. White? I have not seen any updates on his recovery or how he is doing in practice.

Bisonguy
04-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I remember overhearing Jimmy Burrow, Jr. talking up Cabell at the Spring Game Luncheon a few years ago.

I wouldn't doubt seeing him really push Cinque for the #2 spot.

Bison_Dan
04-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I wish Jeff would have told us about how the qb's are doing.

West_River
04-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Cambell looked strong on Saturday

mikelsch
04-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Kolpack's QB update

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

ktcdet
04-10-2006, 11:48 PM
I remember overhearing Jimmy Burrow, Jr. talking up Cabell at the Spring Game Luncheon a few years ago.

Cabell was an exceptional running back in high school. He has never been given an opportuntiy at NDSU. He fractured his hip at the start of spring practice his freshman year and sat out the spring. He was then moved to db and was not returned to rb until this past fall. He has great balance and vision and could do some outstanding things for the Bison this fall. He is also a great receiver out of the backfield and catches the ball extremely well downfield.

Bob_Holiday
04-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Cabell is out of "Runningback High" also known as Cudahey High in Milwaukee. Another Bison back came out of the same school. His name was Lamar Gordon.

Go Bison,
Bob H.

MplsBison
04-11-2006, 12:26 AM
The offense is not going to have a problem scoring this season.

As for Cabell, you have to give it to the guy for sticking it out these seasons and doing whatever it takes to get on the field. I'm sure he could've easily said "things aren't working out here for me" and quit.

Bisonguy
04-20-2006, 03:31 AM

From the WDAY 10:00 sports, it sounds like Cabell is currently the #2 RB.

Bohl said he put on a few pounds and is a step quicker.

kchats
04-20-2006, 03:33 AM
Sounds like Cinque Chapman is also struggling with his grades and won't participate in the Spring Game on Saturday.

Gamehunter
04-20-2006, 05:01 AM

From the WDAY 10:00 sports, it sounds like Cabell is currently the #2 RB.

Bohl said he put on a few pounds and is a step quicker.

Talk about some rediculous depth at RB on the Bison roster though. Something most I-AA programs will never see.
AND next year the RB from So. Cal will be competing for a spot too. ::)

Bisondad
04-20-2006, 12:34 PM
If Cinque is gone, we might be short at runningback

mikelsch
04-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Predicted RB depth chart for 2006

Steffes
Cabell
Roehl
Chapman (if on team)
Blincoe (redshirt, unless absolutely needed - injuries)