PDA

View Full Version : New Road Uni's?

ndsubison
04-01-2006, 04:23 PM
What's the word on the supposed new road uni's this fall? I like the shade of green on the current road pants but I admit I am still trying to like the "stripes" on the legs. One minute I think they're ugly and the next I catch myself thinking they're not so bad. As for the jerseys, I know the yellow numbers caused problems last year and I have heard talk about fixing that. My suggestion for tops would be something like Colorado State's away jerseys. I am unable to post a pic as I have been thus far unsuccessful in finding a decent pic on the internet. However, their green would blend i nicely with our pants and the Nike swoosh on the front looks a lot better than a Wilson logo. If anyone can find & post a pic we could all see what I'm talking about. Just my 2 cents.

GO BISON!!
Beat Minnesota

sambini
04-02-2006, 03:48 AM
I've heard they been ordered and will be sweet. I don't know if the equipment man Brian has a picture of them or not.

somebison
04-02-2006, 04:36 AM
They are Nike unis, last I heard (which was a while ago) they were going back and forth between green numbers and yellow "tackle twill" numbers outlined in green

SloStang
04-02-2006, 05:31 AM
They are Nike unis, last I heard (which was a while ago) they were going back and forth between green numbers and yellow "tackle twill" numbers outlined in green
NDSU's road uniforms looked great but the yellow numbers need to go, to hard to see at a distance.

somebison
04-02-2006, 06:06 AM
I am hoping they look something like this

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/hansel8/SP32-20060401-220248.jpg

BisonBacker
04-02-2006, 02:23 PM
When do they plan on breaking them out to the public or will we just have to wait until the season and the first road game?

MplsBison
04-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Missouri got new nike uniforms last season.

I wonder if they will just copy that design for the sake of saving money/time?

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/miss/graphics/mizzou-black-jerseys-05.jpg

roadwarrior
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Everyone can check out the new road uni's by making the trip to Muncie on sept 23rd.

sambini
04-02-2006, 09:51 PM
+++++++++++++++++++====

ndsubison
04-06-2006, 08:59 PM
I am hoping they look something like this

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/hansel8/SP32-20060401-220248.jpg

I like those, but I'd like to see the green the same shade as what is currently on the road pants. Do that, replace the "triple stripe" with the single one shown and I'm sold. I still cannot find any decent pics of Colorado State's road uni's. Can anybody help with that one??

GO BISON!!
Beat Minnesota

Bisonguy
04-12-2006, 02:48 AM

When's the last you heard? The latest rumbling I heard (which is just past secondhand this week, so basically it's worthless) is that they will be Under Armour, and will be available at the grand opening of the new Scheel's in Fargo.

somebison
04-12-2006, 03:17 AM

When's the last you heard? The latest rumbling I heard (which is just past secondhand this week, so basically it's worthless) is that they will be Under Armour, and will be available at the grand opening of the new Scheel's in Fargo.

I heard Nike last fall, I heard what they actually were going to be last weekend but I had a few too many PBRs at the time (it is the beer of the Mountain Folk), so I don't remember the specifics, I am headin' back to Fargo for Easter so I should get the low down then.

Bisonfan1
04-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Sounds like green numbers. *:)* I think that is a very good choice, even if you outline the yellow numbers, I still think they would be difficult to see on the white jerseys.

mikelsch
04-19-2006, 03:14 PM
That's what I like to hear...more green in the uniforms. Hopefully this trend will continue as the other sports get new unis in the future. Yellow is a nice supplemental color, but shouldn't be the main color...too feminine.

MplsBison
04-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Too ugly, period.

Look to Oregon for many examples.

MplsBison
04-19-2006, 05:04 PM
In the forum today it says that NDSU signed a new deal with Nike.

Is that just for the football team? Are we getting Nike home unis too?

Green-N-Gold
04-19-2006, 08:09 PM
It would be sweet if they sold last year's game-worn road jerseys.

somebison
04-19-2006, 09:32 PM
In the forum today it says that NDSU signed a new deal with Nike.

Is that just for the football team? Are we getting Nike home unis too?

No new home unis that I am aware, the road unis will be the "Missouri Style"

MplsBison
04-20-2006, 12:18 AM
That's a good idea.

I think the design process for new uniforms is probably as expensive as manufacturing them.

mikelsch
04-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Speaking of jerseys - what does everyone think about starting to put athletes' names on the back?

I know that it varies at different schools and it is still about the name on the FRONT that matters, but I think DI athletes should have their names included.

MplsBison
04-20-2006, 03:41 PM
USC and Notre Dame don't.

silkamilkamonico
04-20-2006, 07:07 PM
USC and Notre Dame don't.

Yeah.

I would rather not have the names on the backs, IMHO.

I think it gives the team a better chemistry of being one. And maybe it's completely ireelevant to the kdis which I could see being a possibility, but it still leans to one team rather than one individual.

Bisonguy
04-20-2006, 08:48 PM
No names on jerseys IMO.

TheBisonator
04-21-2006, 02:13 AM
I used to think last names on the back of the jerseys were a good idea, but now I'm leaning against that. I think it's better for a cohesive team chemistry if the backs have just the numbers.

tophatfan
04-21-2006, 03:54 AM
I agree with the idea of NOT having the names on the back of the jerseys. The team is number one and individuals do not matter during the game. Plus having the names on the back also allows for more taunting and can add to the distraction of the team when they are on the road.

WYOBISONMAN
04-21-2006, 02:35 PM
As for me.....I like the names on the back.......

mikelsch
04-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Names on the back are nice if you are watching the game on TV or webcast; or if you are unfamiliar with the team's players