PDA

View Full Version : School song chant

Blackwoodstone
04-27-2016, 05:27 PM
Can anyone share the lyrics to the chant that goes with the school song? I know it has the words beer in it a bunch of times as well as a Sioux Sucks as well.

tony
04-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Can anyone share the lyrics to the chant that goes with the school song? I know it has the words beer in it a bunch of times as well as a Sioux Sucks as well.

I'm not aware of any chant that goes with the school song.

At best, there is a song called "Hail the Bison" that goes something like "Hail the Bison, Hail the Bison, with their tails up in the air. University, University, you can kiss what's under there" to the tune of "Oh my darling Clementine."

Blackwoodstone
04-27-2016, 05:35 PM
I've heard people chanting it at the Turf a long while back after a Bison games. Then I heard it again after the green-gold game as the Kvly guys were talking and it was pretty clear. If anyone has it recorded just listen to the last few minutes of it and you can hear a lot of it. I know part of it goes "and your friends will be drinking all your beers" and it ends just saying "beer, ba-beer, beer" repeated a bunch of times and I know between verses there is a "Sioux Sucks". Just have never known all the lyrics. Maybe it isn't the school song but its a song the band plays frequently.

bisonp
04-27-2016, 05:55 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Heaven_There_Is_No_Beer

Blackwoodstone
04-27-2016, 05:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmeqxSWwZ5o

I think the version sung in the Turf was slightly different but yes that is it. Thanks!

Mr Meaty
04-27-2016, 06:52 PM

At best, there is a song called "Hail the Bison" that goes something like "Hail the Bison, Hail the Bison, with their tails up in the air. University, University, you can kiss what's under there" to the tune of "Oh my darling Clementine."

I know a guy that knows all of this "song". He can do it sober or drunk.

Bison 4 Life
04-27-2016, 08:39 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Heaven_There_Is_No_Beer

This absolutely should be the school song. Officially.

tjbison
04-27-2016, 09:14 PM
is it good or bad that people think this is the school song?

Bison 4 Life
04-28-2016, 01:19 PM

Fantastic!

Twentysix
07-28-2016, 03:03 AM
I've heard people chanting it at the Turf a long while back after a Bison games. Then I heard it again after the green-gold game as the Kvly guys were talking and it was pretty clear. If anyone has it recorded just listen to the last few minutes of it and you can hear a lot of it. I know part of it goes "and your friends will be drinking all your beers" and it ends just saying "beer, ba-beer, beer" repeated a bunch of times and I know between verses there is a "Sioux Sucks". Just have never known all the lyrics. Maybe it isn't the school song but its a song the band plays frequently.

both NDSU and SHSU use this song as an unofficial victory song.

NDSU92
07-30-2016, 04:22 AM
both NDSU and SHSU use this song as an unofficial victory song.

When have you ever heard SHSU sing a victory song???

:confused:

Also, UND's band has sung it at teh hockies. I wouldn't be surprised if a quarter of the school bands in the country sings the song occasionally.

56BISON73
07-30-2016, 04:34 AM

There is a chant after this song---- University, University, you can kiss what's under there--
Hooorse shit,
cocksucker, mother fucker
give the man a chew
Were the Mighty Bison
Who the Fuck are You

Its sure as hell aint heaven has no beer. :biggrin:

MAKBison
07-30-2016, 04:39 AM
There is a chant after this song---- University, University, you can kiss what's under there--
Hooorse shit,
give the man a chew
Were the Mighty Bison
Who the Fuck are You

Pat you should write a book on these traditions.....Seriously! a lot of them are being lost, it would be good a read. Of course you would have to add the wolf shirt as well

56BISON73
07-30-2016, 04:49 AM
Pat you should write a book on these traditions.....Seriously! a lot of them are being lost, it would be good a read. Of course you would have to add the wolf shirt as well

At the Colorado State game there was a pep rally friday night. There were a bunch of us---retired players there. So when they sang this song we sang it like it is supposed to be sung. As we got to the chant we let loose with it. Gene Taylor was up on the stage and had a big grin on his face and everyone clapped. Mike Fairborn came over and told me he loved the way we sang it but they didnt allow it anymore.
That year when we were in Frisco they had all of the old players come down on the field at the pep fest. Terry Hanson had been told that we were NOT to sing the chant and Terry promised we wouldnt. Still pisses me off.:biggrin:

MAKBison
07-30-2016, 04:50 AM
At the Colorado State game there was a pep rally friday night. There were a bunch of us---retired players there. So when they sang this song we sang it like it is supposed to be sung. As we got to the chant we let loose with it. Gene Taylor was up on the stage and had a big grin on his face and everyone clapped. Mike Fairborn came over and told me he loved the way we sang it but they didnt allow it anymore.
That year when we were in Frisco they had all of the old players come down on the field at the pep fest. Terry Hanson had been told that we were NOT to sing the chant and Terry promised we wouldnt. Still pisses me off.:biggrin:

I am tellenya a simply lil book would be cool!

Twentysix
07-30-2016, 05:36 PM
When have you ever heard SHSU sing a victory song???

:confused:

Also, UND's band has sung it at teh hockies. I wouldn't be surprised if a quarter of the school bands in the country sings the song occasionally.

The year a nick mertens forward lateral penalty on a long touchdown lost us the game vs them. http://www.gobison.com/boxscore.aspx?id=1425&path=football

Also various other football playoff games

perthbison
07-31-2016, 04:50 AM
When have you ever heard SHSU sing a victory song?

Mostly when they play against a big sky team

DBRJake
08-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Bison once! Bison twice! Holy jumpin Jehosephice!
Hooorse shit,
give the man a chew
Were the Mighty Bison
Who the Fuck are You

Fixed it :)

NDSUSR
08-12-2016, 05:01 PM

Does the shoe fit?

56BISON73
08-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Fixed it :)

I knew I had forgotten that line. LOL

Then I fixed it again. We didnt use--- Jehosephice!

Bison once! Bison twice! Holy jumpin jesus christ!
Hooorse shit,
give the man a chew
Were the Mighty Bison
Who the Fuck are You

Hammersmith
08-13-2016, 03:16 PM
Probably asked this before, but did you have the second verse back then or was that added later?

Elements of the band used "ooooooh sh!t", rather than hooorse, but other than that it was the same.

56BISON73
08-14-2016, 04:10 AM
Probably asked this before, but did you have the second verse back then or was that added later?

Elements of the band used "ooooooh sh!t", rather than hooorse, but other than that it was the same.

When I arrived the second verse was already in place.