PDA

View Full Version : Ring #5?

gumby013
04-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Just received this in an email for the fan rings.

Could this be the ring design for #5?

http://i.imgur.com/XxfMGY5.png

Looks kinda boring if you ask me.

Bisonator98
04-15-2016, 05:03 PM
IMO they never should have went down the multi year ring thingy. Every team is different and each ring should be about that one season. I wouldn't have wanted a ring with a year on it that I didn't play but maybe that's just me.

1998braves64
04-15-2016, 05:21 PM
IMO they never should have went down the multi year ring thingy. Every team is different and each ring should be about that one season. I wouldn't have wanted a ring with a year on it that I didn't play but maybe that's just me.

Or what happens when we get to the 8 peat? Going to need a big ring to get all those years on it! They clearly didn't think this through.

I get what your saying though. Think up to the 3 peat was good. Then its kind of like well why stop now. Guess I don't mind having this problem. Some teams don't even get to think about ring design and we're deciding whether we want multiple years on it or not.

gumby013
04-15-2016, 05:38 PM
Or what happens when we get to the 8 peat? Going to need a big ring to get all those years on it! They clearly didn't think this through.

I get what your saying though. Think up to the 3 peat was good. Then its kind of like well why stop now. Guess I don't mind having this problem. Some teams don't even get to think about ring design and we're deciding whether we want multiple years on it or not.

I like that last year was subtle about it, with the "diamonds" on the corners.

5NDSU8
04-15-2016, 05:40 PM
The captains choose the designs, then take input from seniors. I love the design. "To each their own" and when you are part of something special as this run has been, its a great reminder to themselves, (and us as fans) for what they have accomplished!

BisonFanAnn
04-15-2016, 06:08 PM
My feeling is that even the redshirt freshmen this year were considered part of the team. Even if they weren't there for all 5, they were part of the team that did it. Goes with the culture of the program.

Bisonwinagn
04-15-2016, 06:29 PM

Completely agree I think it ridiculous that they put multiple years on the same ring. The trophy doesn't have 5 years on it does it? Neither should the rings...It's effin stupid and has been since the repeat.

DjKyRo
04-15-2016, 07:09 PM
We absolutely need to start using roman numerals to represent which number natty we just won. Obviously this year is XIII

Bison03
04-15-2016, 08:07 PM
Really?! Some of you care that much? Are you part of the team?Are you going to be wearing it? Not sure why this s such a big deal. Life must be good if we are debating what should be on a ring after a 5-peat!

56BISON73
04-15-2016, 08:14 PM
Really?! Some of you care that much? Are you part of the team?Are you going to be wearing it? Not sure why this s such a big deal. Life must be good if we are debating what should be on a ring after a 5-peat!

We dont wear the uniforms either but there is spirited debate about them.

As far as rings for the fans??? if I didnt earn it I aint wearing it.

BattleBorn
04-15-2016, 08:16 PM
We dont wear the uniforms either but there is spirited debate about them.

As far as rings for the fans??? if I didnt earn it I aint wearing it.

This is strange how this is catching on. After receiving the email today, I learned a lot of pro and college teams are doing this. Revenue is revenue I suppose.

Professor Chaos
04-15-2016, 08:24 PM
This is strange how this is catching on. After receiving the email today, I learned a lot of pro and college teams are doing this. Revenue is revenue I suppose.
It's probably a way to defray some of the costs associated with producing the rings for all the players and staff. I'm sure we're talking a few hundred thousand for the 100+ official rings they produce each year. Again, it's a good problem to have but that's a decent chunk of change the AD needs to come up with each year.

CAS4127
04-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Completely agree I think it ridiculous that they put multiple years on the same ring. The trophy doesn't have 5 years on it does it? Neither should the rings...It's effin stupid and has been since the repeat.

My last ring had 7 diamonds, representing 7 NCs at the time. It's the players' ring, not the fucking fans'. This discussion pisses me off a bit!!

Bison bison
04-15-2016, 09:24 PM
I think Bi5on is genius.

EC8CH
04-15-2016, 10:08 PM
I think Bi5on is genius.

If Bi5on is genious, 8ison would be effin brilliant.

Mr Meaty
04-16-2016, 01:18 AM

Mind blown!!!

SomeBeach
04-16-2016, 03:19 AM

Brilliant!

Of course, we'll have Bis6n and B7son first....

Bison_Pride
04-16-2016, 07:56 AM
It's probably a way to defray some of the costs associated with producing the rings for all the players and staff. I'm sure we're talking a few hundred thousand for the 100+ official rings they produce each year. Again, it's a good problem to have but that's a decent chunk of change the AD needs to come up with each year.

2 years ago the rings had to cost less than $415 each. It might have went up a little now, but probably not much.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/national-championship-rings-are-not-as-expensive-as-they-appear

EC8CH
04-16-2016, 11:45 AM
Brilliant!

Of course, we'll have Bis6n and B7son first....

And then of coarse... Bis9n

Followed by B1s0n.

1998braves64
04-16-2016, 12:14 PM
And then of coarse... Bis9n

Followed by B1s0n.

I'm holding out for 8150n.

A1pigskin
04-16-2016, 12:41 PM
My last ring had 7 diamonds, representing 7 NCs at the time. It's the players' ring, not the fucking fans'. This discussion pisses me off a bit!!

Players should have 100% input.

westnodak93bison
04-16-2016, 01:29 PM
Would NDSU have won 5 straight national championships without the crowd noise of the dome?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SomeBeach
04-16-2016, 11:04 PM
Would NDSU have won 5 straight national championships without the crowd noise of the dome?

Fan support, both audible and financial, is of course important to any team, and certainly played a role in the success of the Bison over these many years. Would we have won 5 without the benefit of the crowd noise in the dome? Who knows? It certainly didn't hurt.

But until we fans start showing up at 5 AM to lift weights every day, carry a full credit load PLUS athletic responsibilities, and put our physical health on the line every season... (and I don't mean by curling one too many Jaegarbombs)... then I believe the championship rings to be an entitlement that should be reserved solely for the players. They should have input into the design, and they should be the only ones allowed to wear them.

God knows they've earned them.

CAS4127
04-17-2016, 01:24 AM

Regardless, that still doesn't make the ring the fans'. Effing stupid!!

westnodak93bison
04-17-2016, 01:29 AM
Regardless, that still doesn't make the ring the fans'. Effing stupid!!
Should fans wear a national championship shirt/hat? I don't. Wtf is the difference? Anyone with half a brain know the coaches/players did the work and the fans paid the bills that allowed it to happen.

thundarsdaddy
04-17-2016, 01:30 AM
Fan support, both audible and financial, is of course important to any team, and certainly played a role in the success of the Bison over these many years. Would we have won 5 without the benefit of the crowd noise in the dome? Who knows? It certainly didn't hurt.

But until we fans start showing up at 5 AM to lift weights every day, carry a full credit load PLUS athletic responsibilities, and put our physical health on the line every season... (and I don't mean by curling one too many Jaegarbombs)... then I believe the championship rings to be an entitlement that should be reserved solely for the players. They should have input into the design, and they should be the only ones allowed to wear them.

God knows they've earned them.

And...they have to earn their spot on the team, then show, everyday, that they are simply part of the "team" no matter how much individual talent each might have. As you said...the "ONLY" ones who should wear them!

Bison 4 Life
04-17-2016, 01:33 AM
Seriously, how many times are we going to get scolded for discussing things as fans?

Biting hands and all that.

Vet70
04-17-2016, 02:29 AM
I hope we have the opportunity to have the same discussion next year.

BisonTeacher
04-17-2016, 05:01 AM
I hope we have the opportunity to have the same discussion next year.

This.

Having said that...any fan who wears one of these is a giant tool.

BisonAccountant44
04-17-2016, 12:21 PM
I could see having the replicas sitting in a shelf together in a mancave or something. I don't think I'd do it personally, maybe if I had all 13.

What else would a fan do with one? Are people actually wearing these?

tony
04-17-2016, 12:46 PM
Maybe Bisonville should design a fan ring.

It'd have to be tasteful. For the ring's "stone", how about a small snow globe containing a tiny replica of Toyota Stadium after the fans have rushed the field with confetti flying around instead of snow? Of course, the snow globe turns into a yellow/green strobe light every time it detects THUNDERSTRUCK.

Bison 4 Life
04-17-2016, 12:54 PM
This.

Having said that...any fan who wears one of these is a giant tool.

I got the same email it says "Fan Ring Program" but doesn't mention rings, it says "eye-catching jewelry and other NDSU keepsakes"

If nothing else, it would probably be the comically jumbo ring/paperweight they offered before.

StL Bison Fan
04-17-2016, 01:15 PM
I could see having the replicas sitting in a shelf together in a mancave or something. I don't think I'd do it personally, maybe if I had all 13.

I saw a guy wearing one. Didnt know him but i am sure it was a fan one. It was odd

BisonTeacher
04-17-2016, 01:19 PM

It'd have to be tasteful. For the ring's "stone", how about a small snow globe containing a tiny replica of Toyota Stadium after the fans have rushed the field with confetti flying around instead of snow? Of course, the snow globe turns into a yellow/green strobe light every time it detects THUNDERSTRUCK.

Tony...the Bisonville development department is diligently working on the t shirt. Don't you think adding a ring would just distract their focus?

EC8CH
04-17-2016, 01:19 PM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/u5HOt0ZOcYk/maxresdefault.jpg

BYZEN
04-17-2016, 01:22 PM

Sadly, I think we have a few self proclaimed, "Supper fans" that will wear this type of thing. I feel the rings are for players//coaches.

Bisonguy
04-17-2016, 03:33 PM
Sadly, I think we have a few self proclaimed, "Supper fans" that will wear this type of thing. I feel the rings are for players//coaches.

The supper fans are hungry to be part of the team, even though they're sitting at the little kids table.

scottietohottie
04-17-2016, 03:44 PM
I just ate breakfast and I'll be canceling my order in the morning.

IzzyFlexion
04-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Ah.........birging.........giving psychiatrists thesis material since 1907.

B asking

I n

R eflected

G lory

Seems to be a lot of this going around (especially on the heavy traffic threads)

scottietohottie
04-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Thanks for straightening me out again BV, besides it was getting hard to stand on third down with all the jewelry.

BlueBisonRock
04-17-2016, 06:28 PM
Thanks for straightening me out again BV, besides it was getting hard to stand on third down with all the jewelry.

Let that be a lesson to you.

td577
04-18-2016, 09:39 AM
Let's say a person has all five of the recent fan rings. What is the appropriate number to wear at one time? Which ones should be worn at what occasions? Is there any combination that shouldn't be worn at the same time? I am asking for a friend.

EC8CH
04-18-2016, 10:26 AM
#5 always on the thumb. Left or right, but always the thumb.

TransAmBison
04-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Let's say a person has all five of the recent fan rings. What is the appropriate number to wear at one time? Which ones should be worn at what occasions? Is there any combination that shouldn't be worn at the same time? I am asking for a friend.What combo shouldn't be worn together? That's easy. Any. :)

bisonmike2
04-18-2016, 11:42 AM
We really missed out. We should have designed a ring that looks like brass knuckles with each knuckle a different year.

Bison Loaf
04-18-2016, 01:42 PM
We really missed out. We should have designed a ring that looks like brass knuckles with each knuckle a different year.

Another thing we could've and should've done was purchase rings that, when you press a side button, allow beautiful pom-poms to pop out :eek: for the wearer's use. In that way, we wouldn't have to hold the pom-poms (although, truth be told, I really DO like holding pom-poms) in our hands (or in our mouth, if we want to do something with our hands!) which in turn causes us to be unable to clap effectively, cup our hands to our mouth during yelling, or even yell at all if the pom-pom is blocking the vocal cavity.

With a "ring pom-pom" all hand movements and actions are still possible and available to the discerning sports fan.

(Legal disclaimer: All rights and patents to this idea are currently pending, and will be defended to the fullest means possible in a court of law)

Bison 4 Life
04-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Here it is, officially. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CggED3ZUAAApLp5.jpg

gumby013
04-22-2016, 03:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/o0omybV.jpg

Bisonator98
04-22-2016, 06:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/o0omybV.jpg

Holy shit dude back the f... up!:)