PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Party at Century High School - Bismarck

PlainsBison
04-07-2016, 05:00 PM
This is from Twitter, just posted this morning --- @chsdraftday. "We will be holding a draft day celebration on April 28th starting at 530 in the Olson gym (Century High School, Bismarck, North Dakota)! There will be food, drinks, activities, and a silent auction. There will also be a live stream of the draft so we can watch Carson Wentz get drafted!"

This event is open to all fans. At the high school that Carson graduated from.

If the moderators want to turn this into a general draft day party thread, that's okay. I just thought this was significant enough for a new thread as it is the high school that Carson graduated from. Should be a fun evening.

MNLonghorn10
04-07-2016, 05:40 PM
what if he drops to day 2?

Mr Meaty
04-07-2016, 05:46 PM
what if he drops to day 2?

It will be a long night then.

PlainsBison
04-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Worse case scenario is undrafted free agent. Yikes! Hope they have lots of food.

MNLonghorn10
04-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Worse case scenario is undrafted free agent. Yikes! Hope they have lots of food.

wont lie..would laugh on the inside while cry on the outside if this happened.

Elvis was a Bison
04-07-2016, 07:37 PM
wont lie..would laugh on the inside while cry on the outside if this happened.

YIKES!!! Back to your nasty old self!! Phony as ever. Can't stand a celebration that doesn't include you. And just when I thought that you had turned the corner, too........ It must suck when everything needs to be about you!

MNLonghorn10
04-07-2016, 07:40 PM
YIKES!!! Back to your nasty old self!! Phony as ever. Can't stand a celebration that doesn't include you. And just when I thought that you had turned the corner, too........ It must suck when everything needs to be about you!
Shut up elvis. Don't take the post so literally. It won't happen nor do I want to. But the thought of a school gym being jam packed for a guy who doesn't get drafted would be a pretty funny if it was for a comedy sitcom

Mr Meaty
04-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Several of us are getting together at IDK Bar in Jamestown for the NFL draft. We have even found a way to gamble on the draft spots. Should be another fun draft and with Carson in it, it will be incredible.

ByeSonBusiness
04-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Several of us are getting together at IDK Bar in Jamestown for the NFL draft. We have even found a way to gamble on the draft spots. Should be another fun draft and with Carson in it, it will be incredible.

344/BB approves.

PlainsBison
04-07-2016, 08:44 PM

If I was working at the power plant that day at Spiritwood, would have joined this group.

El_Chapo
04-07-2016, 08:59 PM
who's going to Chi Town with El Chapo??

EndZoneQB
04-07-2016, 09:34 PM
If I was working at the power plant that day at Spiritwood, would have joined this group.

Off topic, I worked out there a bunch when they were building that thing. What a messy, dirty place. I ruined a pair or two of shoes going out there in the spring and/or when it was raining. I never did get to see it when they fired it up as I had moved on to greener pastures.

PlainsBison
04-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Off topic, I worked out there a bunch when they were building that thing. What a messy, dirty place. I ruined a pair or two of shoes going out there in the spring and/or when it was raining. I never did get to see it when they fired it up as I had moved on to greener pastures.

It was built during that string of three really bad winters, and the resulting spring thaw. It was challenging. Place looks good now.

A1pigskin
04-07-2016, 10:59 PM
I think this is awesome.

Bison03
04-07-2016, 11:02 PM
It will be fun to watch tons of Bison fans geared up in their Bison clothing and packing the bars and restaurants on draft night watching while all the tvs are on the draft and cheering like a normal game day!!

1998braves64
04-08-2016, 12:47 AM

Took them three years to actually fire it up other than testing, just 1 1/2 years ago they started it up finally. It was completed in 2011.

IzzyFlexion
04-08-2016, 02:28 PM
who's going to Chi Town with El Chapo??

You aint got a hair on yer ass if you don't go to Club O in Harvey........................amirite slicky?

El_Chapo
04-08-2016, 02:55 PM
You aint got a hair on yer ass if you don't go to Club O in Harvey........................amirite slicky?

Harvey? the Oasis is in Wahpeton!

EndZoneQB
04-08-2016, 03:11 PM
It was built during that string of three really bad winters, and the resulting spring thaw. It was challenging. Place looks good now.

Good point, the thaws were rough. I remember more than a few occasions even having trouble getting to the plant - that gravel road drifted so badly I almost ended up in one of those ponds. I had to be pulled out by the grader haha. I always wanted to see it actually operational, seemed pretty impressive to me.

Took them three years to actually fire it up other than testing, just 1 1/2 years ago they started it up finally. It was completed in 2011.

Yeah, just crazy. It was a pretty big project in basically the middle of nowhere, though.

pucknut9
04-08-2016, 04:07 PM

My favorite pub for sure.

BisonFan02
04-08-2016, 04:26 PM
My favorite pub for sure.

Stumbled home to my apartment north of campus more than once when it was the Vic. :rofl:

pucknut9
04-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Stumbled home to my apartment north of campus more than once when it was the Vic. :rofl:

It was originally called Hillview Bar.

VirginiaBison
04-08-2016, 10:03 PM
If I am not a Century fan, can I still come?

PlainsBison
04-08-2016, 11:26 PM
If I am not a Century fan, can I still come?

Yes, everyone is invited. It's an open Twitter invite. I am guessing that the media will show here as opposed to the bars and so should be fun to watch. Just show.

Rock
04-09-2016, 11:25 AM
I will be in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois draft day. Illinois state has a fun college bar called pub 2.

Told my co-worker who went to Illinois state we should watch the draft there and I will wear my bison gear.

He said I would get stabbed, and was not kidding.

gumby013
04-09-2016, 12:41 PM
I will be in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois draft day. Illinois state has a fun college bar called pub 2.

Told my co-worker who went to Illinois state we should watch the draft there and I will wear my bison gear.

He said I would get stabbed, and was not kidding.

#JustNormalThings

westnodak93bison
04-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Good point, the thaws were rough. I remember more than a few occasions even having trouble getting to the plant - that gravel road drifted so badly I almost ended up in one of those ponds. I had to be pulled out by the grader haha. I always wanted to see it actually operational, seemed pretty impressive to me.

Yeah, just crazy. It was a pretty big project in basically the middle of nowhere, though.
12 miles east of Jamestown, ND is in the middle of nowhere? Lmao. Have you ever been to central MT? Some kids drive 70+ miles to school one way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
04-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Looks like your definitions of middle of nowhere are different, and yes, besides for the BLOOM signs.. What's east of Jamestown that's worth noting?

scottietohottie
04-09-2016, 01:19 PM
:howdy:
Looks like your definitions of middle of nowhere are different, and yes, besides for the BLOOM signs.. What's east of Jamestown that's worth noting?

Fingal nd.

ByeSonBusiness
04-09-2016, 01:20 PM

Absolutely nothing other than Cavendish.

ptrBison
04-09-2016, 01:52 PM
IDK? As in I don't know? What a perfect name for a bar. It's always the go to if you're undecided.

StL Bison Fan
04-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Ypsilanti. Great town. Hard to spell.

SoCalBison
04-09-2016, 09:21 PM
What's east of Jamestown that's worth noting?

Ummm, NDSU?

Bison_Pride
04-10-2016, 12:18 AM
So.............no free beer then? http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/beer.gif

EndZoneQB
04-10-2016, 02:47 AM
12 miles east of Jamestown, ND is in the middle of nowhere? Lmao. Have you ever been to central MT? Some kids drive 70+ miles to school one way.

Have you ever been to Jamestown? That's the middle of nowhere. And before you comeback with some stupid Jamestown comment, my family is from there so I have plenty of experience being there. What a bloody awful place.

tjbison
04-10-2016, 02:50 AM

There's even less west of Jamestown

westnodak93bison
04-10-2016, 02:51 AM
Have you ever been to Jamestown? That's the middle of nowhere. And before you comeback with some stupid Jamestown comment, my family is from there so I have plenty of experience being there. What a bloody awful place.
Wft? Really? Jamestown is a hellava lot better than nearly any big city imho.

MNLonghorn10
04-10-2016, 04:04 AM

Agreed. people are really flocking there with the population growth since 1990.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dan+marjerle&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS627US627&oq=dan+marjerle&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4617j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=jamestown+nd+population

EndZoneQB
04-10-2016, 04:04 AM

You must live in Western North Dakota. Then yeah, it's better than any big city in Western North Dakota.

Dude, get real. Jamestown is dying. Like I said, my family is from there - both sides. I've spent considerable time there, it blows...it is literally the definition of flyover country. It's slightly better than Valley City, I'll give you that, but otherwise what makes it "hellava lot better than nearly any big city"? lmfao

Exhibit A: The person I had the most contact with at the Spiritwood power plant, Dee, was running the dollar store in Jamestown before it closed and she got hired out there. Nothing screams dying town like closing a dollar store and working a job at a construction site. She was good people, don't get me wrong.

BlueBisonRock
04-10-2016, 05:50 AM
:howdy:

Fingal nd.

I once knew a girl from Fingal. But that is a story for another time.

ptrBison
04-10-2016, 03:14 PM

Was she a gnome?

scottietohottie
04-10-2016, 03:35 PM

I used to have to drive through fingal once and while for work. The boss always said don't stop in fingal you could catch a fingalism and be stuck there the rest of your life.

ByeSonBusiness
04-11-2016, 02:29 PM

Lived there for half my life. 10/10 would strongly consider moving back. Middle of nowhere would be somewhere like Langdon or Williston.

Perfect sized place. Go Blue Jays!

PlainsBison
04-12-2016, 02:13 AM
http://www.kxnet.com/story/31696457/century-students-plan-wentz-watch-party

Story on the draft party

IzzyFlexion
04-12-2016, 04:05 AM

I think that I had that issue stuffed behind the seat of the combine................

Dear Penthouse.
I never thought that these stories were true, but last week.............................................. ..................................

PlainsBison
04-13-2016, 02:32 PM
On Twitter, just confirmed that ESPN will be sending a camera to get reaction when Carson is drafted. @chsdraftday

thebootfitter
04-13-2016, 06:30 PM

Ha! I wonder if we knew the same girl???

A1pigskin
04-15-2016, 12:10 AM
Ha! I wonder if we knew the same girl???

I am beginning to think many knew her. Go to SW ND and you will see middle of nowhere.

IndyBison
04-15-2016, 01:48 AM
Relatively speaking Fargo is the middle of nowhere. It's all perspective. And that's not a bad thing.

Christopher Moen
04-15-2016, 01:54 AM
Relatively speaking Fargo is the middle of nowhere. It's all perspective. And that's not a bad thing.

Reminds me of an argument I had with with an Alabama friend today. He was being sarcastic about Wentz being ready for the big city of LA since he had spent so much time in Fargo. Blew his mind when I stated that Fargo is bigger than many P5 schools, including his beloved Tuscaloosa.

admin
04-15-2016, 02:03 AM

Yeah, I had an uncle/aunt/cousins living in Powder River County, Montana... it was like a 15-mile drive on a gravel road to their oil company town from 212 and you practically had to zig-zag all the way from Bowman to get there. The big city was 40 miles away (Broadus, pop 460). Awesome country out there though.

Oops, posted as admin. I guess that makes it official: Powder River County, MT is awesome country.

MNLonghorn10
04-15-2016, 02:31 AM

while it is to some people, at least theres two interstates that cross here. and it's sort of vibing which negates a lot of the desertness

PlainsBison
04-15-2016, 02:37 AM
Nothing better than wide open spaces. I drove twice this past year to Los Alamos, New Mexico. Love the open country. Sure better than driving through Iowa corn country. And sure better than sitting in traffic everyday.

BlueBisonRock
04-15-2016, 04:28 AM
I am beginning to think many knew her. Go to SW ND and you will see middle of nowhere.

I always thought SW ND was at the ends of the earth until I went through NW SD.

And remember, I knew her first...

IndyBison
04-15-2016, 01:15 PM
Reminds me of an argument I had with with an Alabama friend today. He was being sarcastic about Wentz being ready for the big city of LA since he had spent so much time in Fargo. Blew his mind when I stated that Fargo is bigger than many P5 schools, including his beloved Tuscaloosa.
Comparing college towns to towns/cities that have a college is apples to oranges. There are also small and large college towns. Places like Clemson and Penn State are examples of the former while Tuscaloosa and Bloomington, Indiana, are examples of the latter. Fargo doesn't fit into either of those categories, nor do any of the schools in North Dakota.

ByeSonBusiness
04-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Comparing college towns to towns/cities that have a college is apples to oranges. There are also small and large college towns. Places like Clemson and Penn State are examples of the former while Tuscaloosa and Bloomington, Indiana, are examples of the latter. Fargo doesn't fit into either of those categories, nor do any of the schools in North Dakota.

Fargo would be an example of a city/town with a college, correct?

Christopher Moen
04-15-2016, 08:19 PM

Well, it did shut his big-school smugness up, and therefore, perfectly useful.

IndyBison
04-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Fargo would be an example of a city/town with a college, correct?

Correct. The university is a big part of Fargo's identity, but it is not a college town. There is a decent percentage of the population that has nothing to do with the university. I got to experience this by traveling to 80 campuses around the country in my first job after school. It was interesting to see how many different flavors there were.

The B1G is an interesting example of various types. Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, and Maryland are all in major metropolitan areas. Some are in suburbs or neighborhoods, while others are in the city. Michigan could possibly fall into that because Ann Arbor and the Detroit metro area have grown into each other. But it still feels like a separate town and would fall into the big college town category (about 113k). Nebraska and Madison both feel very much like big college towns, but they are also the state capitals and have populations over 200k. Size-wise they are about the same as F-M but they have a very different feel. Illinois is similar but feels less like a college town and more like Fargo. Purdue and Michigan State are similar in the they are in a small college town, but a sister city to a larger metro area. But that larger area is still a big part of the university. Iowa and Indiana are the typical big college town. It is the primary focus of the city, but there is enough population so there are other businesses and services as well. Both are also fairly close to larger population areas. Finally, Penn State is the prototypical small college town. It is a great place to visit. It's in the middle of nowhere as far as East Coast is concerned. There is not much else around it and it's not very close to any other major metro areas. The college is the town.

PlainsBison
04-18-2016, 05:50 PM
http://kqdy.iheart.com/onair/joey-dee-57521/century-high-school-draft-day-party-14615469/

Party location changed.

BisonTeacher
04-18-2016, 08:45 PM
http://kqdy.iheart.com/onair/joey-dee-57521/century-high-school-draft-day-party-14615469/

Party location changed.

I was thinking it might be weird to have a "party" at a public school.

westnodak93bison
04-19-2016, 12:49 AM
I was thinking it might be weird to have a "party" at a public school.
Kind of like tailgating on the campus of NDSU. Prior to that I never had an adult beverage on our "dry" campus.

BlueBisonRock
04-19-2016, 03:53 AM
Kind of like tailgating on the campus of NDSU. Prior to that I never had an adult beverage on our "dry" campus.

Interesting. I remember having more than one while residing in Stockbridge.