PDA

View Full Version : Team makers

Pages : [1] 2 3

garbageman
03-29-2016, 01:07 PM
Has anyone been billed for team makers dues yet?

westnodak93bison
03-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Not me

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
03-29-2016, 01:33 PM
No, we haven't

StL Bison Fan
03-29-2016, 01:49 PM
My donation pledge is posted on my account, but I pay for the whole thing at once.

Bison"FANatic"
03-29-2016, 01:51 PM
What are you guys talking about I already paid for my football tickets and donations. The letter said tickets go back to open to the public on 3-30-16 and had to be paid by 3-15-16.

Just giving a few poor souls a heart attack

BisonAccountant44
03-29-2016, 01:55 PM
I can't renew my seats yet, but online in my account it is splitting what I've donated so far between seating obligation and scholarship fund. Our seats have never had an obligation before so that's new.

I don't remember seeing anything that said our rows in the section would have the obligation added this year (lower rows had it added last year or the year before), but it's not unexpected either.

IBleedYellow
03-29-2016, 02:00 PM
Man, I'd be nice to have season tickets for football.

BAT67
03-29-2016, 02:07 PM
it says what my team maker obligation is but no amount for seats yet

KTF
03-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Just spoke to the ticket office. Season renewals will be mailed the end of this week. All sideline seats are $240/seat. Every season ticket holder is required to have a team maker account. Mandatory level is based on seat location. You have up to may 1st to renew...

Mr Meaty
03-29-2016, 03:50 PM
Just spoke to the ticket office. Season renewals will be mailed the end of this week. All sideline seats are $240/seat. Every season ticket holder is required to have a team maker account. Mandatory level is based on seat location. You have up to may 1st to renew...

Thank you for the update

TbonZach
03-30-2016, 01:15 AM
Do they have the option to join via online yet?

Christopher Moen
03-30-2016, 02:04 AM

I went ahead a paid mine without getting a bill. Got to build up those priority points while helping out the Athletic Department financially.

Christopher Moen
03-30-2016, 02:06 AM
Do they have the option to join via online yet?

http://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/EVExecMacro?linkID=ndsu&evm=myac&entry=DPLanding.html&shopperContext=DP&url=https%3A//ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/DPLanding%3FlinkID%3Dndsu%26RSRC%3D%26RDAT%3D%26ur l%3Dhttps%253A//ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/EVExecMacro%253FlinkID%253Dndsu%2526evm%253Dmain

TbonZach
03-30-2016, 02:33 AM
http://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/EVExecMacro?linkID=ndsu&evm=myac&entry=DPLanding.html&shopperContext=DP&url=https%3A//ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/DPLanding%3FlinkID%3Dndsu%26RSRC%3D%26RDAT%3D%26ur l%3Dhttps%253A//ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/EVExecMacro%253FlinkID%253Dndsu%2526evm%253Dmain

Sweet! Thanks!

(the info has probably been posted before, but I'm not on here so much nowadays)

VirginiaBison
03-30-2016, 11:16 PM
I joined Teammakers a couple of months ago. Don't live within a 1,500 miles of Fargo, so just wanted to support. Teammakers accepted the membership money without even an acknowledgement, receipt or thank you. Still not sure of my Teammakers status - if any. Maybe Teammakers is too big now to be concerned about new members. Got a copy of Bison Illustrated in the mail last week. Is that from Teammakers? or the Alumni Assn?

NorthernBison
03-30-2016, 11:21 PM
I joined Teammakers a couple of months ago. Don't live within a 1,500 miles of Fargo, so just wanted to support. Teammakers accepted the membership money without even an acknowledgement, receipt or thank you. Still not sure of my Teammakers status - if any. Maybe Teammakers is too big now to be concerned about new members. Got a copy of Bison Illustrated in the mail last week. Is that from Teammakers? or the Alumni Assn?

Bison Illustrated is sent to all Team Makers. A benefit of membership.

All members are listed in football programs and there is an online listing at gobison.com.

BisonHorns
03-30-2016, 11:36 PM

Welcome aboard! I for one am glad you joined. You may be far away but you are still part of the famy.

56BISON73
03-30-2016, 11:38 PM

Welcome!!! Thank you for becoming a member of the team.

bisonfanette
03-31-2016, 12:06 AM

Your point is well taken tho.
I wish they would email an acknowledgement/thank-you asap... immediate feedback... followed of course by the official letter from Teammakers. Definitely room for improvement.

NDSU1980
03-31-2016, 12:28 AM
I went through the same thing when I joined back in 2013. It would be great to get a letter from TM telling you how much better things will be now that you joined. A little ass kissing never hurt anyone. There are a few minor areas where I wish TM would improve and that's one of them. The other is begging the existing members to give til it hurts. Welcome aboard.

StL Bison Fan
03-31-2016, 12:34 AM
I always get a letter, membership cards, and stickers for the cars. We will keep you posted and if you don't get these when we get ours, Make a call or e mail. No one will know unless you let them know and we will all be better for it!

EC8CH
03-31-2016, 12:39 AM

When I joined last year it took a while to get a letter then too. It will come.

BisoninNWMN
03-31-2016, 12:53 AM

Welcome aboard!!

Need a few thousand more to join also.....:cheers:

Bisonator98
03-31-2016, 01:18 AM

Thank you for your support. Every little bit helps. You should eventually get a letter in the mail along with some decals and schedules.

NDSU1980
03-31-2016, 01:46 AM
I always get a letter, membership cards, and stickers for the cars. We will keep you posted and if you don't get these when we get ours, Make a call or e mail. No one will know unless you let them know and we will all be better for it!

Yes, they send that out at renewal time, but only at renewal time. If you join at a different time of the year you won't hear from them at that time unfortunately. He'll get his letter and stickers when we get ours.

1998braves64
03-31-2016, 02:02 AM
The start of the "new" year for teammakers is June this is when they send out the stickers and the cards and a "thank you" letter. You will get a "receipt" January of 2017 for tax purposes.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

BisonFan02
03-31-2016, 02:21 AM
Man, I'd be nice to have season tickets for football.

It'll happen eventually.

On a related note, I logged in to my account to check it out. No ticket renewal populated yet, but the mandatory donation/pledge is now listed. Just a quick FYI...will be curious to see if its enough of a bump for some folks to ditch them.

Vet70
03-31-2016, 02:31 AM
It'll happen eventually.

On a related note, I logged in to my account to check it out. No ticket renewal populated yet, but the mandatory donation/pledge is now listed. Just a quick FYI...will be curious to see if its enough of a bump for some folks to ditch them.

My seats are in the North end zone and the mandatory donation is the same as last year.

BisonFan02
03-31-2016, 02:33 AM
My seats are in the North end zone and the mandatory donation is the same as last year.

Mine are sideline but just missed the row cutoff last year for the mandatory donation. I was anticipating it this year.

Christopher Moen
03-31-2016, 02:38 AM
Bison Illustrated is sent to all Team Makers. A benefit of membership.

All members are listed in football programs and there is an online listing at gobison.com.

Here's the online listing: http://ndsuathleticfund.com/team-makers/member-listing/

Christopher Moen
03-31-2016, 02:42 AM

I donate to both Team Makers and the Bison Athletics Excellence Fund each year and get some type of appreciation acknowledgment in the mail for both. It might not come right away, but you will receive something eventually.

NorthernBison
03-31-2016, 04:55 AM

My Team Makers seating obligation went from $400 last year to $500. So, an extra $50 per seat.

Based on a previous post, my tickets will cost an extra $40 each.

Total increase of a little under$200. Not quite a 25% increase.

NDSU1980
04-01-2016, 01:39 AM
It looks like TM made a major change on selling single game tickets to members with priority points. I'm positive that last yea your could only request 2 tickets for a game, and this year they increased it to 8 tickets per game. That means the tickets are going to be grabbed by the few members who have a lot of points. It's already hard enough to get tickets for the bigger games.

I remember last year they even emphasized that TM wanted to maximize the number of members who were able to go to the games. Anyone have any info on why this got changed?

Here's what it says on the site:

Single-Game Tickets
With an active annual giving membership to Team Makers, the
Bison Pride Fund, or the Bison Athletic Excellence Fund, you have
an opportunity to request up to 8 single-game football tickets
before they go on sale to the general public. Requests are due
June 15 and are ranked by priority points. Notifcations are made
by July 15. This is for non-season ticket holders only

StL Bison Fan
04-01-2016, 01:49 AM
It looks like TM made a major change on selling single game tickets to members with priority points. I'm positive that last yea your could only request 2 tickets for a game, and this year they increased it to 8 tickets per game. That means the tickets are going to be grabbed by the few members who have a lot of points. It's already hard enough to get tickets for the bigger games.

I remember last year they even emphasized that TM wanted to maximize the number of members who were able to go to the games. Anyone have any info on why this got changed?

Here's what it says on the site:

Single-Game Tickets
With an active annual giving membership to Team Makers, the
Bison Pride Fund, or the Bison Athletic Excellence Fund, you have
an opportunity to request up to 8 single-game football tickets
before they go on sale to the general public. Requests are due
June 15 and are ranked by priority points. Notifcations are made
by July 15. This is for non-season ticket holders only

Last year it 2 tickets for up to 4 games = 8 tickets

NDSU1980
04-01-2016, 02:07 AM
Last year it 2 tickets for up to 4 games = 8 tickets

OK, so is it up to 8 tickets for 1 game if someone wants, or is it still split up over 4 games?

StL Bison Fan
04-01-2016, 02:14 AM
OK, so is it up to 8 tickets for 1 game if someone wants, or is it still split up over 4 games?

Split up. Daughter got 2 tickets to 3 games=6
She listed the games in order of importance.

CAS4127
04-01-2016, 02:24 AM
Your point is well taken tho.
I wish they would email an acknowledgement/thank-you asap... immediate feedback... followed of course by the official letter from Teammakers. Definitely room for improvement.

Team Makers is stuck in DII mode IMO. Need a change from Simmers. He does just enough to justify his existence but has zero forward thinking and is focused on negatives rather than positives. Tired of him.

LikeMothers
04-01-2016, 03:08 AM
Moved from the tailgating thread...

I suppose I need to contact someone to report that obscure google search terms such as "NDSU booster", "NDSU athletic scholarship", "NDSU Team Makers", or "donate to NDSU athletics" don't return ndsuathleticfund.com in the results?

I brought up this concern by e-mail to Jack Maughan, senior assoc AD - development, about this on 3/8 - never heard back.

BisonFan02
04-01-2016, 03:09 AM

I brought up this concern by e-mail to Jack Maughan, senior assoc AD - development, about this on 3/8 - never heard back.

Interesting.....

CAS4127
04-01-2016, 03:21 AM

DII MODE!! And missing out on a major opportunity given the state of the FB program at this juncture. Nothing progressive with TMs when almost all other aspects of NDSU athletics is forging ahead.

PlainsBison
04-01-2016, 03:53 AM
I see four tickets cost $970 this year, last year was $830. A $140 difference or $35 per ticket. Over six games about a $6 increase per ticket per game.

80ALUM
04-01-2016, 03:57 AM

NDSUathleticfund.com shows up when I Google any of them. Also led me to gobisom.com.

LikeMothers
04-01-2016, 04:12 AM
NDSUathleticfund.com shows up when I Google any of them. Also led me to gobisom.com.

I repeated the test to no avail, with different browsers and incognito mode. Google could be playing geographical tricks. In any case, responding to e-mails from concerned donors and working with the search engines to make sure the sites are showing up properly nationwide seem like key performance objectives for fundraising / marketing personnel.

bisonfanette
04-01-2016, 05:03 AM
DII MODE!! And missing out on a major opportunity given the state of the FB program at this juncture. Nothing progressive with TMs when almost all other aspects of NDSU athletics is forging ahead.

Exactly! And a NEW TeamMaker should not have to make a call or email. A receipt/acknowledgement/thank-you should be
generated instantaneously, or at least within 24 hrs. If they don't have the technology (?) couldn't they at least get a TM volunteer/staff member to do this? There's got to be a way to improve this.

NorthernBison
04-01-2016, 05:25 AM
I see four tickets cost $970 this year, last year was $830. A $140 difference or $35 per ticket. Over six games about a $6 increase per ticket per game.

Tickets are $240 X 4 plus the $10 processing fee. Last year, those tickets were $205 X 4 plus the $10 fee. So, you're correct.

There's also a seating obligation to Team Makers. Mine went from $200 per seat to $250 per seat.

Difference of $14.17 per game. Factoring it all in, my tickets cost me $82.50 per game as I really have no ability to leverage my membership for basketball.

Not cheap but worth every penny.

IzzyFlexion
04-01-2016, 11:35 AM
I repeated the test to no avail, with different browsers and incognito mode. Google could be playing geographical tricks. In any case, responding to e-mails from concerned donors and working with the search engines to make sure the sites are showing up properly nationwide seem like key performance objectives for fundraising / marketing personnel.

https://i.imgflip.com/11s2zn.jpg

1998braves64
04-01-2016, 11:42 AM

Careful with that website you typo another letter in there and we wouldn't hear from Izzy for a month or two at least if we're lucky!

unbison
04-01-2016, 12:57 PM
My thoughts on team makers are this they need younger people in there.... Pats great for the social security crowd but he misses the boat with younger folks.... It's times to tak advantage of the athletic success that we have had in nearly every sport since the move to division one....

gumby013
04-01-2016, 01:09 PM
My thoughts on team makers are this they need younger people in there.... Pats great for the social security crowd but he misses the boat with younger folks.... It's times to tak advantage of the athletic success that we have had in nearly every sport since the move to division one....

Johnny Football is available.

Mr Meaty
04-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Johnny Football is available.

I just threw up in my mouth.

bisonaudit
04-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Tickets are $240 X 4 plus the $10 processing fee. Last year, those tickets were $205 X 4 plus the $10 fee. So, you're correct.

There's also a seating obligation to Team Makers. Mine went from $200 per seat to $250 per seat.

Difference of $14.17 per game. Factoring it all in, my tickets cost me $82.50 per game as I really have no ability to leverage my membership for basketball.

Not cheap but worth every penny.

I see they've done a great job updated the web site with this information.

As of this morning the Teammakers page still has the 2015 map and prices and the tickets page is still all TBD.

StL Bison Fan
04-01-2016, 01:43 PM

They are very aware of this. Daughter had a great talk with Pat and others at the last TM lunch. Now doing something is the trick. It will take some action as talk as we know, is cheap.

CAS4127
04-01-2016, 01:49 PM
They are very aware of this. Daughter had a great talk with Pat and others at the last TM lunch. Now doing something is the trick. It will take some action as talk as we know, is cheap.

So she told Pat he was out of touch and TM needed someone younger?

StL Bison Fan
04-01-2016, 02:00 PM
So she told Pat he was out of touch and TM needed someone younger?

No. Actually, Pat asked her to help him and TM attract younger people to TM. They agreed to meet with her and some other under 35 TM. She has worked in marketing/PR and now works for FM Economic Development. That was put on hold for a while until I get my grandchild!

CAS4127
04-01-2016, 02:04 PM
No. Actually, Pat asked her to help him and TM attract younger people to TM. They agreed to meet with her and some other under 35 TM. She has worked in marketing/PR and now works for FM Economic Development. That was put on hold for a while until I get my grandchild!

If Pat is in charge of getting this going ... well ... just wait for more of the same.

LikeMothers
04-01-2016, 02:38 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/11s2zn.jpg

Ooops, I guess it was late in the evening and I had Izzy Mode enabled in my browser. Problem solved.

IBleedYellow
04-01-2016, 02:49 PM

Hmmm. I don't know any under 35 TM's who would like to talk with Pat and Co.

StL Bison Fan
04-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Hmmm. I don't know any under 35 TM's who would like to talk with Pat and Co.

He said he would buy the drinks:biggrin:

EC8CH
04-01-2016, 02:59 PM
https://ev7.evenue.net/www/ev_ndsu/ss/evenue/?p=1#PriorityPoints?siteId=ev_ndsu&locale=en_US&linkID=ndsu

Team Makers website does now have a calculator tool that will allow you to see what your ranking will change to based on the amount of your donation.

It's a little messed up though because if you change the amount it just keeps adding points instead of recalculating. Need to refresh the page to reset the calculation.

Looks like there are only 4 member's in the $1,000,000+ club.

It takes about $3,700,000 if anyone wants the #1 spot.

Bison Loaf
04-01-2016, 03:04 PM

Of all the lowdown, selfish things - pregnancy over Bison business! With priorities like that in our younger fans, it's a wonder we've been able to win even 1 FCS Title, let alone 5 straight!

But, I'm sure you'll correct your daughter's priorities in "due" time. :)

StL Bison Fan
04-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Of all the lowdown, selfish things - pregnancy over Bison business! With priorities like that in our younger fans, it's a wonder we've been able to win even 1 FCS Title, let alone 5 straight!

But, I'm sure you'll correct your daughter's priorities in "due" time. :)
remember, this was the child who got married on the day of the Mt game. I apparently did not raise her properly.

BisonNation11
04-01-2016, 03:39 PM
remember, this was the child who got married on the day of the Mt game. I apparently did not raise her properly.

When she decides to straighten up and fly right, I'll go with her to the meeting with Pat & Co. We've had some good discussions at basketball games and I really think we could get some things accomplished. Just as soon as she's done being selfish and realize Bison Nation is number 1 priority! :biggrin:

Bison Loaf
04-01-2016, 04:14 PM

Admitting your faults is (I hear) the first step in recovery.

Professor Chaos
04-01-2016, 04:26 PM
https://ev7.evenue.net/www/ev_ndsu/ss/evenue/?p=1#PriorityPoints?siteId=ev_ndsu&locale=en_US&linkID=ndsu

Team Makers website does now have a calculator tool that will allow you to see what your ranking will change to based on the amount of your donation.

It's a little messed up though because if you change the amount it just keeps adding points instead of recalculating. Need to refresh the page to reset the calculation.

Looks like there are only 4 member's in the $1,000,000+ club.

It takes about $3,700,000 if anyone wants the #1 spot.
That tool is also nice in that if you enter $0 you can see what your current rank is. It bugged me when they took that away after going to the new web layout.

BisonFan02
04-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Also, "in" before Simmers/Team makers hype up their ability to recruit new team makers as a job well done....even though a good chunk of it will be through mandatory season ticket pledges.

KTF
04-01-2016, 04:57 PM
I am in......

gumby013
04-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Team Makers Letter

http://i.imgur.com/gfvlJKe.jpg

MNLonghorn10
04-01-2016, 05:55 PM
got my team makers letter with a $50 fee on top of my season tickets...but my gobison.com doesnt have the TM fee and is only $370...

1998braves64
04-01-2016, 06:01 PM
got my team makers letter with a $50 fee on top of my season tickets...but my gobison.com doesnt have the TM fee and is only $370...

You have to go to your "donation history" it also shows up on the bottom of the page when you sign in.

1998braves64
04-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Team Makers Letter

http://i.imgur.com/gfvlJKe.jpg

Wait I thought the "grandfathered" in ticket people were already getting increases? So for these past 5 years we've gotten hit with 2 increases and they've been sitting pretty?

No problem with my increases, just thought the plan had already been set in motion so now it'll take another 8 years starting this year to finalize it? This is another area where they're moving too slow, they should of had this about half done by now.

MNLonghorn10
04-01-2016, 06:08 PM
You have to go to your "donation history" it also shows up on the bottom of the page when you sign in.

so if i add to cart my 370 bucks in ticks, and pay for it...im done?

MNLonghorn10
04-01-2016, 06:10 PM
ah fuck nevermind..they stick a "this purchase also requires a 50 dollar due to teammakers" thing.

stupid

roadwarrior
04-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Wait I thought the "grandfathered" in ticket people were already getting increases? So for these past 5 years we've gotten hit with 2 increases and they've been sitting pretty?

No problem with my increases, just thought the plan had already been set in motion so now it'll take another 8 years starting this year to finalize it? This is another area where they're moving too slow, they should of had this about half done by now.

The grandfathered people have been getting increases every year for several years. The 8 year deal is speeding it up.

Hammerhead
04-01-2016, 06:25 PM

We are 47 and felt like the "young people" at the Bison Nation lunches we attended last fall and winter. :)

We also didn't get a bill yet for the 2016 dues although I paid my $100 online and submitted my matching request through my employer.

EC8CH
04-01-2016, 06:52 PM
The 8 year deal is speeding it up.

http://i.imgur.com/3pdaJaQ.png

BisonFan02
04-01-2016, 06:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3pdaJaQ.png

:rofl: Yeah.......

Bison bison
04-01-2016, 07:05 PM
I apparently did not raise her properly.

She'll be pregnant in no time.

StL Bison Fan
04-01-2016, 07:48 PM
We are 47 and felt like the "young people" at the Bison Nation lunches we attended last fall and winter. :)

We also didn't get a bill yet for the 2016 dues although I paid my $100 online and submitted my matching request through my employer.
That was a shot in the dark number. At 47 you are indeed one of the young ones. My kids joined right after they graduated. Once they leave it could be hard to get them back

She'll be pregnant in no time.
June 10th. Don't know if it is a boy or girl. Hope it is a D Lineman

Bison bison
04-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Way to go Dad/Grandpa!

1998braves64
04-01-2016, 10:22 PM
The grandfathered people have been getting increases every year for several years. The 8 year deal is speeding it up.

Good to hear, way it was worded sounded like just started.

roadwarrior
04-01-2016, 11:42 PM
There will be some new season ticket holders this year. Not everybody is going to continue to pay the increase in seat fees. I don't think there are enough people out there willing to pay the current published rate for these premium seats. Maybe I am wrong.

In 2010 my per seat dues were $525. This year they are $1050. The letter I received says the per seat fee in 2023 will be $2062.50

Add the $240 season ticket price and it comes out to $215 per seat per game for the 2016 season.

BisonHorns
04-02-2016, 12:36 AM
I love Bison football, but Road is right. These prices are getting down right spendy. If someone has 4 seats that could be too much to continue. That would suck for people with fixed incomes who have been in seats for 20 years and now get bumped by inflation.

HerdBot
04-02-2016, 04:44 AM
I love Bison football, but Road is right. These prices are getting down right spendy. If someone has 4 seats that could be too much to continue. That would suck for people with fixed incomes who have been in seats for 20 years and now get bumped by inflation.

Yeah but it's also the world of business. We need funds and apparently the students are too cheap because they won't approve student fees. Gotta raise the money somewhere and with inflation, this was long overdue. Supply and demand. Unless we expand the dome, where is is the money coming from?

1998braves64
04-02-2016, 06:07 AM
Yeah but it's also the world of business. We need funds and apparently the students are too cheap because they won't approve student fees. Gotta raise the money somewhere and with inflation, this was long overdue. Supply and demand. Unless we expand the dome, where is is the money coming from?

It is a balance that needs to be achieved. They start raising too far tickets will be to expensive for those that only get to one or two a year and buy from the season ticket holders who aren't going to sell for less than face if not more due to teammaker fees. You almost always cut demand by raising prices you just have to be sure you're only cutting those who are not your typical customer, when you start cutting them, then you're getting into dangerous territory.

BisonHorns
04-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Little Devils Advocate here, how much money does Team Makers need considering our competition. Siu averages 2500 season ticket holders. Western and Missouri sell their tickets for 5 to 15 bucks the weeks of games. Youngstown gives away tickets for free. Sdsu fills one third of its new stadium. Sycamores might be paying fans to attend. Bison sell 18000+ a game at $35 plus half of the building pays to team makers. Seems like a bit of over kill.

southcliffbison
04-02-2016, 12:24 PM
There will be some new season ticket holders this year. Not everybody is going to continue to pay the increase in seat fees. I don't think there are enough people out there willing to pay the current published rate for these premium seats. Maybe I am wrong.

In 2010 my per seat dues were $525. This year they are $1050. The letter I received says the per seat fee in 2023 will be $2062.50

Add the $240 season ticket price and it comes out to $215 per seat per game for the 2016 season.

I, for one, hope this is true; all I want is two season tickets, and don't care what they cost.

BisonFan02
04-02-2016, 01:13 PM
It is a balance that needs to be achieved. They start raising too far tickets will be to expensive for those that only get to one or two a year and buy from the season ticket holders who aren't going to sell for less than face if not more due to teammaker fees. You almost always cut demand by raising prices you just have to be sure you're only cutting those who are not your typical customer, when you start cutting them, then you're getting into dangerous territory.

I agree with this, but there shouldn't be multiple prices for the exact same tickets. Find a happy median...make it consistent in each section and move on.

tjbison
04-02-2016, 01:38 PM

and people think we are ready for fbs

Bison bison
04-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Well if you assholes wouldn't have renewed last year we wouldn't be in this predicament (reminds me of a joke - what do you call a pre-blow job lozenge?).

perthbison
04-02-2016, 03:19 PM
I, for one, hope this is true; all I want is two season tickets, and don't care what they cost.
I think if you are willing to fund a scholarship you can likely get a pair

Vet70
04-02-2016, 03:26 PM
I think if you are willing to fund a scholarship you can likely get a pair

I am not really sure that will work. I was told by Jack Maughan that there were big donors who can't get season tickets.

Hammersmith
04-02-2016, 03:39 PM
I am not really sure that will work. I was told by Jack Maughan that there were big donors who can't get season tickets.

I think he means that might change in a year or three. Now that they're finally upping the scholarship seats to actual scholarship prices, some people are going to be dropping down and opening those seats up.

I just wish they had been more proactive with this years ago. There are going to be a lot more hurt feelings and bad blood now then there should have been. If they had forced the seating realignment prior to season tickets being sold out, they could have offered those ticket holders seats that they could afford as an alternative. But what's going to happen now? Can't afford your ticket? Guess you're SOL. I hope they'll do their best to shuffle people around, but it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to do now than it would have been three or four years ago.

Vet70
04-02-2016, 03:52 PM
I think he means that might change in a year or three. Now that they're finally upping the scholarship seats to actual scholarship prices, some people are going to be dropping down and opening those seats up.

I just wish they had been more proactive with this years ago. There are going to be a lot more hurt feelings and bad blood now then there should have been. If they had forced the seating realignment prior to season tickets being sold out, they could have offered those ticket holders seats that they could afford as an alternative. But what's going to happen now? Can't afford your ticket? Guess you're SOL. I hope they'll do their best to shuffle people around, but it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to do now than it would have been three or four years ago.

Has there ever been any discussion of making all tickets (except student and visitors) season ones?

DIBISON
04-02-2016, 05:49 PM

That is the situation the wife and I will be in. At the end of the Babich era we choose different seats behind the Bison bench. At the time there were all kinds of open seats to purchase. Been paying on them for about 15 years. At the end of the 8 year plan it will cost us $2750 a year for dues for our two seats. We are of modest income and will soon have the opportunity to retire and it will be hard to justify an expense of around $3200 for two Bison football season tickets. We'll probably have to give them up after this year. If we had known five - six years ago we might have moved to a more affordable location then. Now, if we drop them we probably won't get any other tickets.

perthbison
04-02-2016, 05:50 PM

This possibly is true. I was led to beleive a full scholarship would get you a pair but my informer may have been wrong or that situation likely has changed

roadwarrior
04-02-2016, 05:57 PM
I hope they come up with a way for people to swap their high cost seats with others willing to pay that price.

BattleBorn
04-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Is this an April Fools joke? Wow.

No_Skill
04-02-2016, 06:31 PM
I hope they come up with a way for people to swap their high cost seats with others willing to pay that price.

Absolutely. They should first try to re-shuffle the people who are already in the building, before they add in people from the waiting lists.

BraxtonT
04-02-2016, 06:40 PM

That seems like it would be fairly easy to accomplish.

Just got my 'sticker shock' letter in the mail. I have 5 season tickets which will cost $1007 more than last year with all dues and fees. Ouch!!

Not ready to trade with anyone yet, but it's getting closer. This year's home schedule is going to be great, but 2017 doesn't show a lot of promise for OOC.

Anybody know what comparable seats (25-30 yard line, 24 rows up) would be for Gophers, Hawkeyes, Cyclone, Huskers?

tjbison
04-02-2016, 08:16 PM

bingo....doubt they blackball anyone and make them leave knowing money would walk right out The door never to return

Hammersmith
04-02-2016, 08:47 PM
bingo....doubt they blackball anyone and make them leave knowing money would walk right out The door never to return

That's why they should have done this 3-4 years ago. It's going to be a PITA to do it now.

NDSU1980
04-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Has there ever been any discussion of making all tickets (except student and visitors) season ones?

I HOPE NOT. Some of us want to go to a few games and are content with that. If only season tics are available a lot of us will never see a game. I like the idea of being able to get a pair of tickets if you have enough points. Nice incentive to get a guy to pony up more to Team Makers, otherwise, what real incentive do we have to keep donating except the thrill of knowing the team is winning natties.

I'm wondering, what happened to the idea of raising the student activity fee by $100 over 3 years? Is that idea still in play or dead in the water?

Vet70
04-02-2016, 09:05 PM
I'm wondering, what happened to the idea of raising the student activity fee by $100 over 3 years? Is that idea still in play or dead in the water?

The Student Senate said no.

Buck0
04-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Would be nice for state of ND to help a little. Can't buy advertising, we're getting with Carson. Wonder how many other universities receive zero financial help from their state?

tjbison
04-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Would be nice for state of ND to help a little. Can't buy advertising, we're getting with Carson. Wonder how many other universities receive zero financial help from their state?

Won't happen, all the other universities this state has would need equal percentage....but that's also something that has been discussed at length...why the F does nd have so many schools of Higher Education but yet the state hates Higher Ed

ByeSonBusiness
04-02-2016, 09:50 PM

..... Are you actually getting on the students for being cheap????

bisonaudit
04-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Won't happen, all the other universities this state has would need equal percentage....but that's also something that has been discussed at length...why the F does nd have so many schools of Higher Education but yet the state hates Higher Ed

They're in the State Constitution. And it's a good thing because you're right about the hate.

tjbison
04-02-2016, 10:01 PM
They're in the State Constitution. And it's a good thing because you're right about the hate.

Yeah I know it's in the writing, but why...it's odd to me

NorthernBison
04-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Yeah I know it's in the writing, but why...it's odd to me

The people of this State have a history of stepping up and blocking politicians from screwing things up.

BAT67
04-02-2016, 10:11 PM
my opinion and tell me if I am wrong is that right now football is the big dog and ndsu is leveraging that to pay for everything else such as fcoa and a lot of expenses for the non revenue sports and hopefully they keep winning so it can stay that way but if for some reason the don't succeed like they have been and people begin to not want those hi priced seats then what or will there always be a market for those. I think this may price out the loyal fans who have been there through it all and I understand its business but I don't have to like it.

Vet70
04-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Won't happen, all the other universities this state has would need equal percentage, except UND who would get even more....but that's also something that has been discussed at length...why the F does nd have so many schools of Higher Education but yet the state hates Higher Ed

My take on the matter.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
04-02-2016, 11:34 PM
my opinion and tell me if I am wrong is that right now football is the big dog and ndsu is leveraging that to pay for everything else such as fcoa and a lot of expenses for the non revenue sports and hopefully they keep winning so it can stay that way but if for some reason the don't succeed like they have been and people begin to not want those hi priced seats then what or will there always be a market for those. I think this may price out the loyal fans who have been there through it all and I understand its business but I don't have to like it.

Football is the big dog, and that which pays the bills, at most colleges.

unbison
04-03-2016, 12:05 AM

You gotta get the money while you can period so imo they should be raising them faster we live in what have you done for me lately times

kab1one
04-03-2016, 12:11 AM
You gotta get the money while you can period so imo they should be raising them faster we live in what have you done for me lately times

But if the demand is 30k for tickets like people claim, replacing the "old guard" with the new guard should not be a problem. You have a different, more vibrant and affluent fan base. Just because you were a fan through the "tough" times doesn't give you credit today. Its what have you done lately, and today its a new expensive proposition.

BisonFan02
04-03-2016, 12:16 AM
But if the demand is 30k for tickets like people claim, replacing the "old guard" with the new guard should not be a problem. You have a different, more vibrant and affluent fan base. Just because you were a fan through the "tough" times doesn't give you credit today. Its what have you done lately, and today its a new expensive proposition.

Hopefully that affluent fan base sticks around if, heaven forbid, the Bison lose some football games.

kab1one
04-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Hopefully that affluent fan base sticks around if, heaven forbid, the Bison lose some football games.

The vikings are doing a better job of getting fargo money than team makers.

89MTBISON
04-03-2016, 12:54 AM
You clearly have been living under a rock, commodity prices will not be rebounding any time soon. The "good times" in Nodak are over. Get used to the new normal.

unbison
04-03-2016, 01:00 AM
You clearly have been living under a rock, commodity prices will not be rebounding any time soon. The "good times" in Nodak are over. Get used to the new normal.

How much do commodity prices effect Fargo?

BisonAccountant44
04-03-2016, 01:01 AM
Do we know how many seats have been grandfathered in and are on the 8 year plan?

BisonFan02
04-03-2016, 01:01 AM
How much do commodity prices effect Fargo?

Not as much as they used to...but still plenty considering the makeup of the fanbase.

roadwarrior
04-03-2016, 01:17 AM
Do we know how many seats have been grandfathered in and are on the 8 year plan?

I would guess the red, blue, orange and green sections on this seating chart. The yellow and purple sections are recent additions so no grandfathering there.

http://ndsuathleticfund.com/game-day/football-seating/

Bison bison
04-03-2016, 01:22 AM
A lot more than a lot of people think.

Just wait until next year when Bismarck doesn't pay any of your property tax bill.

56BISON73
04-03-2016, 01:29 AM

I believe those people were being increased for some time and have known that the end game wasnt far off.. They have just now let everyone know what they are doing.

56BISON73
04-03-2016, 01:31 AM

Yes. But they want to keep some % single game tickets.

56BISON73
04-03-2016, 01:37 AM
That is the situation the wife and I will be in. At the end of the Babich era we choose different seats behind the Bison bench. At the time there were all kinds of open seats to purchase. Been paying on them for about 15 years. At the end of the 8 year plan it will cost us $2750 a year for dues for our two seats. We are of modest income and will soon have the opportunity to retire and it will be hard to justify an expense of around $3200 for two Bison football season tickets. We'll probably have to give them up after this year. If we had known five - six years ago we might have moved to a more affordable location then. Now, if we drop them we probably won't get any other tickets.

There is always some attrition each year. Talk to Josh and Pat about your situation and switching tickets to the less expensive ones. Considering the that some high dollar people are waiting for tickets they shouldnt be too hard to get rid off.

56BISON73
04-03-2016, 01:43 AM

Just got my 'sticker shock' letter in the mail. I have 5 season tickets which will cost $1007 more than last year with all dues and fees. Ouch!!

Not ready to trade with anyone yet, but it's getting closer. This year's home schedule is going to be great, but 2017 doesn't show a lot of promise for OOC.

Anybody know what comparable seats (25-30 yard line, 24 rows up) would be for Gophers, Hawkeyes, Cyclone, Huskers?

My Iowa tickets on the 20 cost 200 per seat donation. The tickets are approx 450 per seat. The next section over is 400 per seat donation. Tickets are the same price.

bisonaudit
04-03-2016, 02:00 AM

As of 2013 it was roughly 75% of the scholarship level seat or around 1,900.

KilldeerBison
04-03-2016, 02:22 AM

Sounds like killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.

IBleedYellow
04-03-2016, 02:28 AM
It's going to take quite a few losing seasons to hurt season tickets.

Considering there are 2,000 requests this year for seats that don't exist (so about 9-12k seats give or take.)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

NorthernBison
04-03-2016, 02:30 AM
I would guess the red, blue, orange and green sections on this seating chart. The yellow and purple sections are recent additions so no grandfathering there.

The red, blue, and orange are "scholarship" sections.

I sit in a green section and we've seen a bit larger than normal increases the last couple years. I THINK it is because they need to avoid to large of a difference between our section and the one next to us. If true, I totally understand.

Bison bison
04-03-2016, 02:30 AM

This.

NDSU could fill a 30,000 seat stadium in September at $30 a ticket.

IBleedYellow
04-03-2016, 02:31 AM
Yes. But they want to keep some % single game tickets.
Actually it looks like there won't be single game tickets this year as long as Teammakers without season tickets request enough.

Unless I misunderstood Pat the other day.

From what I was told, TM without season tickets will be able to request up to 8 tickets total per season. So you could technically go to all home games if you didn't take more than 1 ticket per game. I'm hoping to get 2 tickets for 4 games. Based upon priority points, obviously.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
04-03-2016, 02:50 AM

Silver eggs, maybe.

DIBISON
04-03-2016, 02:55 AM
The red, blue, and orange are "scholarship" sections.

I sit in a green section and we've seen a bit larger than normal increases the last couple years. I THINK it is because they need to avoid to large of a difference between our section and the one next to us. If true, I totally understand.

I'm in a scholarship section (33) in seats 1 & 2 so to my right is section 32 and the end seat of that section is about 4' from me, across the aisle. My seat donation is $1,050 more per seat than the person sitting within arms reach of me. I wish now I would have selected the available aisle seats in section 32 fifteen years ago, would have been a lot easier on the pocketbook!!

BisonAccountant44
04-03-2016, 05:06 AM
As of 2013 it was roughly 75% of the scholarship level seat or around 1,900.
Gross. So 15% of our season ticket holders are paying so far under what NDSU believes the current value of their seats is that it is going to take 8 more baby steps to catch them up. That's a lot of cash being left on the table

For those in that group who do decide sometime in the next 8 years that they need to move into a cheaper section, what are the options to do that, other than hoping we lose some games and that makes others not renew?

Would they add to the total of season tickets just for those people? Where would they put them? If the current turnover rate continues, how many could we realistically acomidate while still leaving some single game tickets? A few hundred? There must only be around 1,500-2,000 singles available today, how low would they go?

Hammersmith
04-03-2016, 05:48 AM
Gross. So 15% of our season ticket holders are paying so far under what NDSU believes the current value of their seats is that it is going to take 8 more baby steps to catch them up. That's a lot of cash being left on the table

For those in that group who do decide sometime in the next 8 years that they need to move into a cheaper section, what are the options to do that, other than hoping we lose some games and that makes others not renew?

Would they add to the total of season tickets just for those people? Where would they put them? If the current turnover rate continues, how many could we realistically acomidate while still leaving some single game tickets? A few hundred? There must only be around 1,500-2,000 singles available today, how low would they go?

What they hope is that for every grandfathered scholarship-level ticket holder that is forced to give up their seats, there'll be a non-scholarship level ticket holder willing to move up. That way they can start a trading system of sorts to move people around and not kick them out.

Personally, I doubt it will work the way they hope. You need a little extra capacity in most of the sections to facilitate the trading. With season tickets sold out, they won't have that. I think it's going to be an 8-year nightmare for the ticket office.

I wonder about the 8-year plan. Is it going to take 8-years for the grandfathered seats to get to 2016 levels? If so, what happens 8 years from now? Does anyone really think the current prices will stay the same over that span? Will they have to start a new multi-year plan to catch them up all over again? Or are they smart enough to factor 2016-2023 inflation into the 8-year plan? With the track record of the ticket office/Team Makers, I'm thinking not.

NorthernBison
04-03-2016, 08:21 AM
I doubt if anybody really knows what the marketable value of many of those seats is.

Yeah, there's a waiting list for season tickets. How many people on that list will say yes to seats that cost close to $3,000 per year? This isn't LA or NY.

BisoninNWMN
04-03-2016, 12:48 PM
I doubt if anybody really knows what the marketable value of many of those seats is.

Yeah, there's a waiting list for season tickets. How many people on that list will say yes to seats that cost close to $3,000 per year? This isn't LA or NY.

If the Bison continue their success, IMO, there will not be any trouble keeping season tickets sold out and people willing to pay that kind of money and more.

ByeSonBusiness
04-03-2016, 01:57 PM
If the Bison continue their success, IMO, there will not be any trouble keeping season tickets sold out and people willing to pay that kind of money and more.

There is a price point at which people will say no thanks. We will see if they hit it or not.

unbison
04-03-2016, 03:17 PM

I think there are more then we may know

MontBison
04-03-2016, 03:26 PM

I have season tickets similar to that at Montana State (long story) and pay around $900 for the tickets and bobcat club membership. We also have season tickets to the Washington Huskies on the 20 yd line around 20 rows up and pay about $2k for 2 seats including the tyee membership. So really ndsu' tickets are reasonable considering you actually get to watch a winning product.

Gully
04-03-2016, 03:36 PM
I just paid my bill this morning. I sure wish they would have done a "re-seat" process in conjunction with this. I have two pairs of seats in two different sections and it's weird because I pay way less for the two seats with the better view. Waiting for an opportunity to get them all together but it might never happen unless there is an addition.

southcliffbison
04-03-2016, 11:12 PM

You got that right, Unbison

tjbison
04-03-2016, 11:21 PM

I'm guessing NDSU knows, I know damn well if I was donating enough to earn 50 yd line seats every year and I knew there were people in them that donate at 1970 levels I would be letting everyone know my money is going away until I got seats..or they make everyone pay the right amounts. I'm sure they have already been told this

NorthernBison
04-03-2016, 11:31 PM
I'm guessing NDSU knows, I know damn well if I was donating enough to earn 50 yd line seats every year and I knew there were people in them that donate at 1970 levels I would be letting everyone know my money is going away until I got seats..or they make everyone pay the right amounts. I'm sure they have already been told this

Nobody is donating at 1970 levels. There might be people paying half the current rate. Of course, they might also have written a large 6 figure check fairly recently.

Basically, here's a check. You can put it wherever you want but I expect my football seats. Or maybe, I'll write you a really nice check every year for the next 20 years. Use it however you want but keep sending my football tickets. "Those who have the gold......."

imabison
04-04-2016, 01:52 AM

The disappointing thing is that NDSU has not updated the chart to reflect 2016.
To me it should be a priority to have the new info by Apr 1.

EndZoneQB
04-10-2016, 05:13 AM
The disappointing thing is that NDSU has not updated the chart to reflect 2016.
To me it should be a priority to have the new info by Apr 1.

This is the kind of little shit that people are talking about on this board. I mean, c'mon man. How hard is it to update your shit to 2016? This is where Teammakers is failing - it is but a microcosm of the bigger picture.

Bison"FANatic"
04-10-2016, 01:16 PM
This is the kind of little shit that people are talking about on this board. I mean, c'mon man. How hard is it to update your shit to 2016? This is where Teammakers is failing - it is but a microcosm of the bigger picture.

In the grand scheme of things does it really matter though. The people that are going to pay it know how much it will be as we all received our renewal in the mail. The ones that don't know are the people more worried about what other people are paying than what they are paying.

SDbison
04-10-2016, 02:41 PM
This is the kind of little shit that people are talking about on this board. I mean, c'mon man. How hard is it to update your shit to 2016? This is where Teammakers is failing - it is but a microcosm of the bigger picture. Exactly........it is the attitude that TM does not owe the donors anything. At least get the info out. The organization needs new leadership.

EndZoneQB
04-10-2016, 03:19 PM
In the grand scheme of things does it really matter though. The people that are going to pay it know how much it will be as we all received our renewal in the mail. The ones that don't know are the people more worried about what other people are paying than what they are paying.

Nope, doesn't matter. Why even update it at all?

tjbison
04-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Nope, doesn't matter. Why even update it at all?

Funny thing is, unless I'm totally braindead even on the Season ticket renewal it does not list the actual fee per seat. It has the cost per seat before fees, then just adds the donation renewal from last years donation. Nothing states the seat price. That's pretty bad

Bison"FANatic"
04-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Funny thing is, unless I'm totally braindead even on the Season ticket renewal it does not list the actual fee per seat. It has the cost per seat before fees, then just adds the donation renewal from last years donation. Nothing states the seat price. That's pretty bad

Ever since they changed the web based interface there seems to have been problems, seems like the way they used to import information has not worked as planned with the new IT part. I agree it should be there instead of having to work it backwards. Heck they didn't even separate out the above and beyond the seat price.

Now Simmers has been taking the heat on here but I really believe this is more of a Athletic Department problem than Teammakers. I do agree that teammakers needs to add some younger staff to connect with younger potential and current donors all while keeping Simmers to stay connected with the older donors.

As for the nice little pdf being updated it really does not matter to the thousands of people who give except for the few on here complaining about it. It is just important to a few right now that are more worried about what others are paying. In time the it will be updated, it really probably isn't high on the list of things that NEED to be done.

EndZoneQB
04-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Ever since they changed the web based interface there seems to have been problems, seems like the way they used to import information has not worked as planned with the new IT part. I agree it should be there instead of having to work it backwards. Heck they didn't even separate out the above and beyond the seat price.

Now Simmers has been taking the heat on here but I really believe this is more of a Athletic Department problem than Teammakers. I do agree that teammakers needs to add some younger staff to connect with younger potential and current donors all while keeping Simmers to stay connected with the older donors.

As for the nice little pdf being updated it really does not matter to the thousands of people who give except for the few on here complaining about it. It is just important to a few right now that are more worried about what others are paying. In time the it will be updated, it really probably isn't high on the list of things that NEED to be done.

It takes 2 fricken seconds to upload. Give me a damn break.

Bison"FANatic"
04-10-2016, 04:04 PM

You still have not told me who cares besides a few people on here though. If it such a big deal why don't you stop up at the dome and ask for the numbers. Seriously what are you going to do with them anyway that you have to have them right now.

Like I said I really think the Athletic department is having a IT problem, they have some things released that shouldn't be, some that could be that have not been, a new web portal to teammakers that does not tell you info that it had in the past.

56BISON73
04-10-2016, 04:08 PM

This could be a perfect time to go and ask them if they need any help and offer your expertise as a "in kind donation" and score some priority points.

EndZoneQB
04-10-2016, 04:08 PM
You still have not told me who cares besides a few people on here though. If it such a big deal why don't you stop up at the dome and ask for the numbers. Seriously what are you going to do with them anyway that you have to have them right now.

Like I said I really think the Athletic department is having a IT problem, they have some things released that shouldn't be, some that could be that have not been, a new web portal to teammakers that does not tell you info that it had in the past.

Sounds like a great use of my time. Run up to the dome to ask? Jfc. Me. I fucking wanted them. Good enough for you? You can bet if some on here want them, others are curious too. Why even have it listed on the damn website if it's not going to be updated. Just stop.

This could be a perfect time to go and ask them if they need any help and offer your expertise as a "in kind donation" and score some priority points.

That's actually a way better way to look at it than "it's not a big deal". Honestly, not a bad idea, I'll seriously consider it. Who would I reach out to about it?

Bison"FANatic"
04-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Sounds like a great use of my time. Run up to the dome to ask? Jfc. Me. I fucking wanted them

Then F%$#$ stop bitching on a website and go ask them for it to solve your curiosity.

MNLonghorn10
04-10-2016, 04:40 PM
does EZ get comped for taking time off work, fuel, whatever to solve such a petty deal? can he claim this work on taxes? Im in rows O-II and 2015 is definitely different than 2016 since it went up $25 bucks. why have something faulty representing your program? All of you drips always insult those with innovative visions with the"go do it yourself then and stop fucking bitching" card. such a cop out line instead of just telling the rest of us youre a dumbass thats content with anything.

bisonaudit
04-10-2016, 04:46 PM
I don't know how anyone can defend these recent cockups.

People who don't have season tickets to renew may want to know what they cost because they want season tickets.

Others may want the information because they're curious about how good a job team makers is doing serving the University's student athletes compared to how good a job they're doing serving a subset of their membership.

Mostly it's just rediculous and it makes it look like they don't have their shit together when the old information is still on the site and season ticket holders are getting something different in the mail. And/or wrong info is on public websites when pricing decisions apparently haven't actually been made yet.

EndZoneQB
04-10-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't know how anyone can defend these recent cockups.

People who don't have season tickets to renew may want to know what they cost because they want season tickets.

Others may want the information because they're curious about how good a job team makers is doing serving the University's student athletes compared to how good a job they're doing serving a subset of their membership.

Mostly it's just rediculous and it makes it look like they don't have their shit together when the old information is still on the site and season ticket holders are getting something different in the mail. And/or wrong info is on public websites when pricing decisions apparently haven't actually been made yet.

Exactly. Much more eloquently stated than me, but exactly how I see it. It's just so dumb it shouldn't even be an issue. And the original reason I brought it is I felt like it was a microcosm of the bigger issue some have been expressing.

tjbison
04-10-2016, 04:53 PM
What I can't figure out is they send me an invoice..telling to pay more but don't explain the charges, and you guys want me to call and seek out this info? If I did that bullshit in my business I wouldn't have a customer.

Fact is they screwed up I already donate enough to cover the seats but I still am unsure exactly how much they went up

TAILG8R
04-10-2016, 04:56 PM
For the want of a nail the shoe was lost,
For the want of a shoe the horse was lost,
For the want of a horse the rider was lost,
For the want of a rider the battle was lost,
For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost,
And all for the want of a horseshoe-nail.

EndZoneQB
04-10-2016, 04:59 PM
What I can't figure out is they send me an invoice..telling to pay more but don't explain the charges, and you guys want me to call and seek out this info? If I did that bullshit in my business I wouldn't have a customer.

Fact is they screwed up I already donate enough to cover the seats but I still am unsure exactly how much they went up

Hey, "Fanatic"...see above on who wants to see it. How many other people might feel this way?

For the want of a nail the shoe was lost,
For the want of a shoe the horse was lost,
For the want of a horse the rider was lost,
For the want of a rider the battle was lost,
For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost,
And all for the want of a horseshoe-nail.

Haha, this was just on Tokyo Drift last night.

Bison"FANatic"
04-10-2016, 05:45 PM
Hey, "Fanatic"...see above on who wants to see it. How many other people might feel this way?

Haha, this was just on Tokyo Drift last night.

Like I said anybody can cry and bitch on a message board if you want answers pick up the phone. Sometimes it is just easier to complain than find out the answers I guess.

EndZoneQB
04-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Like I said anybody can cry and bitch on a message board if you want answers pick up the phone. Sometimes it is just easier to complain than find out the answers I guess.

You are so far from the point here you might as well be a Fighting Hawk fan. Jfc.

tjbison
04-10-2016, 06:43 PM
You are so far from the point here you might as well be a Fighting Hawk fan. Jfc.
This....100 percent

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ptrBison
04-10-2016, 07:11 PM
stfu and drink the koolaid

ptrBison
04-10-2016, 07:23 PM
does EZ get comped for taking time off work, fuel, whatever to solve such a petty deal? can he claim this work on taxes? Im in rows O-II and 2015 is definitely different than 2016 since it went up $25 bucks. why have something faulty representing your program? All of you drips always insult those with innovative visions with the"go do it yourself then and stop fucking youbitching" card. such a cop out line instead of just telling the rest of us youre a dumbass thats content with anything.

You guys is so illiterate as to be "Sid like".

MNLonghorn10
04-10-2016, 07:38 PM
You guys is so illiterate as to be "Sid like".

Just like your sentence structure skills.

Bison"FANatic"
04-10-2016, 07:45 PM
does EZ get comped for taking time off work, fuel, whatever to solve such a petty deal? can he claim this work on taxes? Im in rows O-II and 2015 is definitely different than 2016 since it went up $25 bucks. why have something faulty representing your program? All of you drips always insult those with innovative visions with the"go do it yourself then and stop fucking bitching" card. such a cop out line instead of just telling the rest of us youre a dumbass thats content with anything.

Hey when it's the same people crying and bitching all the time its just pick a new topic and rinse repeat it is just to the point of not really caring what the "innovators" have to say. If you don't like it get involved and change it.

56BISON73
04-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Nobody is donating at 1970 levels. There might be people paying half the current rate. Of course, they might also have written a large 6 figure check fairly recently.

Basically, here's a check. You can put it wherever you want but I expect my football seats. Or maybe, I'll write you a really nice check every year for the next 20 years. Use it however you want but keep sending my football tickets. "Those who have the gold......."

Thats basically what they did. They went from a 30 year giving plan go 20.

56BISON73
04-10-2016, 09:48 PM

Havent really seen any "innovative visions".. May be I missed them and you can direct me to these futuristic earth shattering program making ideas? :rofl:

bisonfanette
04-10-2016, 10:09 PM

This was the 1st post that raised some concern. Unfortunately, we read about these same issues last year.
Ndsu/TM has the technology to generate receipts & thank-yous. (The basics) Wouldn't a telephone call be great?!! [B]Welcome to TM!!! :) (Would I love that job? Heck yes! What a fun volunteer position that would be!)
And to the TM who posted that he paid at the window... [B]Of course he should have beenTHANKED for his donation! I agree with tjBison... you shouldn't have to make that call... the info should be there.
(I DID call to obtain the very same info you were seeking.) Hopefully improvements will be made soon. TM can be better than this.

Mr Meaty
04-10-2016, 10:18 PM
They do those automated phone calls about playoff tickets. Why can't they do something like that to get additional information out or a thank you after renewal season is closed.

MNLonghorn10
04-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Hey when it's the same people crying and bitching all the time its just pick a new topic and rinse repeat it is just to the point of not really caring what the "innovators" have to say. If you don't like it get involved and change it.
It isnt crying or bitching, jesus. Its called doing your damn job and make sure the website is up to snuff. Does EZ get paid to tell the NDSU ticket office IT people that their seat prices image is a year off and several dollars different?

Havent really seen any "innovative visions".. May be I missed them and you can direct me to these futuristic earth shattering program making ideas? :rofl:

yea wouldn't expect you to see the point here.

56BISON73
04-10-2016, 11:38 PM
It isnt crying or bitching, jesus. Its called doing your damn job and make sure the website is up to snuff. Does EZ get paid to tell the NDSU ticket office IT people that their seat prices image is a year off and several

yea wouldn't expect you to see the point here.

Well if you actually made a point I would have got it.:biggrin:

MNLonghorn10
04-11-2016, 12:28 AM
Well if you actually made a point I would have got it.:biggrin:

my point is echoing what EZ and 4 other people here have mentioned.

Innovative..Making your web site up to time with the current date.

amazing stuff isnt it?? so simple, even a caveman can do it

SDbison
04-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Maybe time for new leadership at Teammakers. The lack of thinking outside the box is blatantly obvious and piss poor communication with members inexcusable.

GOB1SON
04-11-2016, 01:49 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if everything was black and white?

I think that TM/Athletics leadership has done a fantastic job through the transition. We are very blessed to have had Simmers and Taylor (along with Goergen, et al...) take this program and fundraising to heights I would never have thought possible when Chapman said we were going to move up.

But now it is time for things to evolve and it's not just as simple as firing Simmers and hiring another former player to run the organization. Simmers has earned the right to stay on as long as he wants, even though I agree with those on here saying he is a pain in the ass and he really can be tough to deal with, but there is no denying he has played a huge role in TM's growth. We all owe him a thank you for the good work he has done. Even if he has become the grumpy old man telling me to get off his lawn unless I have a damn good reason to be there.

With all that has been said, consider this: is there a summit league or MVF conference team that wouldn't love to have our boosters and our booster club? I'm guessing, that like in most things, NDSU is the cream of the crop compared to our peers. The fact there is much room for improvement and what looks like a pretty clear path to get there mean that we should be kicking everybody's ass by a larger margin in fund raising and support shortly.

56BISON73
04-11-2016, 03:00 AM
my point is echoing what EZ and 4 other people here have mentioned.

Innovative..Making your web site up to time with the current date.

amazing stuff isnt it?? so simple, even a caveman can do it

Thats innovative? Yeah ok.

I mean if youre going to bitch it should something earth shattering like your example. I can see why y'all are so upset.:facepalm:

56BISON73
04-11-2016, 03:03 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if everything was black and white?

I think that TM/Athletics leadership has done a fantastic job through the transition. We are very blessed to have had Simmers and Taylor (along with Goergen, et al...) take this program and fundraising to heights I would never have thought possible when Chapman said we were going to move up.

But now it is time for things to evolve and it's not just as simple as firing Simmers and hiring another former player to run the organization. Simmers has earned the right to stay on as long as he wants, even though I agree with those on here saying he is a pain in the ass and he really can be tough to deal with, but there is no denying he has played a huge role in TM's growth. We all owe him a thank you for the good work he has done. Even if he has become the grumpy old man telling me to get off his lawn unless I have a damn good reason to be there.

With all that has been said, consider this: is there a summit league or MVF conference team that wouldn't love to have our boosters and our booster club? I'm guessing, that like in most things, NDSU is the cream of the crop compared to our peers. The fact there is much room for improvement and what looks like a pretty clear path to get there mean that we should be kicking everybody's ass by a larger margin in fund raising and support shortly.

Over the last 3-4 years TM and the Athletic Dept get numerous phone calls every week asking how we do what we do.

MNLonghorn10
04-11-2016, 03:33 AM

I mean if youre going to bitch it should something earth shattering like your example. I can see why y'all are so upset.:facepalm:
Yea this is going nowhere I see. Maybe they'll update it for 2026. Enjoy cedar rapids!

EndZoneQB
04-11-2016, 04:32 AM

PL, I get it, it's not earth shattering...but that is the reason why it's crazy something as simple as updating the seating chart isn't done. It is Web Presence 101...people don't make phone calls like they used to, things are done electronically these days. I realize your generation thinks differently, and that's fine, but the rest of the world is moving onward and upward. And like I pointed out previously, this is but a microcosm of the bigger picture.

Look, I'm not going to have some grand plan, because frankly I don't have the time, nor the expertise to create this for NDSU. I'm not supposed to be the expert, nor do I feel like bothering them.

EC8CH
04-11-2016, 05:27 AM
Team Makers web presence is pretty Netscape.

tjbison
04-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Team Makers web presence is pretty Netscape.

Which version?

unbison
04-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Over the last 3-4 years TM and the Athletic Dept get numerous phone calls every week asking how we do what we do.

5 championships and mediocre management...
But seriously why do u continue to try and convince people their concerns or opinions about teammakers are invalid?

scottietohottie
04-11-2016, 11:37 AM
But seriously why do u continue to try and convince people their concerns or opinions about teammakers are invalid?

Unbison puts up with shitty offensive play calling but draws the line at fundraising.

Why aren't concerns about ten wheel routes a game valid?

unbison
04-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Unbison puts up with shitty offensive play calling but draws the line at fundraising.

I simply pointed out the ndsu offensive scheme has received a lot of praise and then watched the butt hurt of a few napoleonic fans

tjbison
04-11-2016, 11:57 AM

everyone wants bigger and better facilities, level of play etc..and to keep doing that money needs to be raised and the fundraising group at NDSU isnt keeping up with the times or engaging apparently very may people to make it happen. Its a legit concern and no i dont agree with the people who say call and find out the info. I work all day and travel, most of my research time is in the evenings when I cant call so in this day in age i should easliy be able to log in to my account and get info, FAQ abything......but you cant its so confusing. Hell their donatin onlie is confusing to the point to increase a donation it takes 20 minutes to understand.

point being if the Donor needs to call to find info they should be provided, especiallywhen theyare getting invoices for it then there is a huge problem, and if people cant see that then send me your address ill be happy to send you a bill for 2016 "dues" with no explanation why or what they incresed or are even for.

Montana State has good info on their Booster site, unless im missing something i dont see a teamaker site ike this, i should add that has numbers, open the below and look to the right

http://msubobcatclub.com/donate

scottietohottie
04-11-2016, 01:05 PM
My biggest concern for TM is how is 4 dollar wheat going to cover my contributions in the future. They should be pinching pennies now because I have a feeling there won't be as many pennies to pinch in the near future.

Bison"FANatic"
04-11-2016, 02:25 PM
My biggest concern for TM is how is 4 dollar wheat going to cover my contributions in the future. They should be pinching pennies now because I have a feeling there won't be as many pennies to pinch in the near future.

Why use the $3.00 corn........................................ oh wait a minute, ya it is uuuuugggggggllllllllyyyyyyyyy out there right now.

BattleBorn
04-11-2016, 02:32 PM
I was tickled when I got my before-the-public tickets last year. When I thanked someone w/in TM for this, their response was, "you must not give much if you didn't get your top four choices." I think that would drive some people to pull their donation altogether.

Does anyone know how well they are drawing new members. outside of end-zone season ticket holders?

StL Bison Fan
04-11-2016, 02:41 PM
A web site is your brand. It is a reflection of your organization and is out there for all to see.
I have always felt a site that is not up to date is a reflection of how much you care and is much worse than no page at all.

56BISON73
04-11-2016, 02:53 PM
PL, I get it, it's not earth shattering...but that is the reason why it's crazy something as simple as updating the seating chart isn't done. It is Web Presence 101...people don't make phone calls like they used to, things are done electronically these days. I realize your generation thinks differently, and that's fine, but the rest of the world is moving onward and upward. And like I pointed out previously, this is but a microcosm of the bigger picture.

Look, I'm not going to have some grand plan, because frankly I don't have the time, nor the expertise to create this for NDSU. I'm not supposed to be the expert, nor do I feel like bothering them.

I understand what you are saying. But guess what----that moving upward and onward isnt really help you out in your quest for information. Its like if its not on line people will bitch but not use the device to make the call they are texting on. I find that to be funny as hell.
The updating of the seating chart is pretty small potatoes. May be they havent got around to it because theres bigger fish to fry?

IBleedYellow
04-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Are you all too lazy to write an email or pick up the phone and call?

When I emailed Pat he had a lunch scheduled with me in 2 hours.

BattleBorn
04-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Are you all too lazy to write an email or pick up the phone and call?

When I emailed Pat he had a lunch scheduled with me in 2 hours.

Pat is very responsive to emails. I think the point is he shouldn't have to be. Part of doing business is letting your customers do business the way they prefer. I don't see why this is so upsetting to some.

perthbison
04-11-2016, 02:57 PM
I recieved a nice thank you in the mail from the Foundation and Alumni association. It's not that big of deal to me but it is a sincere gesture saying that I matter. It should be done for all donations of any kind to any nonprofit.

BattleBorn
04-11-2016, 02:59 PM
I recieved a nice thank you in the mail from the Foundation and Alumni association. It's not that big of deal to me but it is a sincere gesture saying that I matter. It should be done for all donations of any kind to any nonprofit.

And this is something I should highlight as well. 99% of my interactions with TM have been very positive. Something like this goes a long way.

SDbison
04-11-2016, 03:03 PM
A web site is your brand. It is a reflection of your organization and is out there for all to see.
I have always felt a site that is not up to date is a reflection of how much you care and is much worse than no page at all. Yeah but........5 natty's in a row. Just think if teammakers joined the 21st century with a decent website, welcomed all donors big and small, shared a bit of info outside of good ol' boy luncheons and just conducted themselves in a manner that embraces all of Bison Nation. It starts with leadership.........out with the old........in with something new. The approach has become stale and growth nowhere near potential for an organization that supports a school with a football team that just won 5 straight championships, not to mention all the other sports achievements.

Hammerhead
04-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Ouch! I didn't get my top choices either, but the person I talked to over the phone thought it was great that I donated a small amount to team makers even though I didn't have season tickets.

I was tickled when I got my before-the-public tickets last year. When I thanked someone w/in TM for this, their response was, "you must not give much if you didn't get your top four choices." I think that would drive some people to pull their donation altogether.

Does anyone know how well they are drawing new members. outside of end-zone season ticket holders?

perthbison
04-11-2016, 03:04 PM
I understand what you are saying. But guess what----that moving upward and onward isnt really help you out in your quest for information. Its like if its not on line people will bitch but not use the device to make the call they are texting on. I find that to be funny as hell.
The updating of the seating chart is pretty small potatoes. May be they havent got around to it because theres bigger fish to fry?

I don't know for sure but the seating thing may be way more complex than many of us know. There may be small TM donors in good seats but they or their family may have helped renovate or build a building on campus. I think Northern said something to that effect.

EndZoneQB
04-11-2016, 03:27 PM

That is kind of my point, PL. Instead of them taking 2 minutes to upload a PDF to the website, they would rather field calls and emails from us about it? Sometimes you are time ahead by just doing the small things. You know if we are asking about it, it's not the first time someone has thought about it. It's a waste of their time if everyone has to call and email - when they probably have way more important things to handle. That's why it's so ridiculous that you want us to call all the time. I deal with people all day long and you know what I have? I have an updated Sharepoint calendar available on the web so I don't have to keep fielding calls with questions about something that is readily available to them. Literally saves me HOURS - and I don't put that much time into it.

I don't know for sure but the seating thing may be way more complex than many of us know. There may be small TM donors in good seats but they or their family may have helped renovate or build a building on campus. I think Northern said something to that effect.

We are just talking about getting the PDF online. I'm not a web developer, but I know how to link a PDF to a page - the source code is already there, just literally change the file. If they some company running the page for them, it's as little as sending them the updated PDF.

56BISON73
04-11-2016, 09:14 PM

Never said they werent valid.

BattleBorn
04-12-2016, 01:50 AM
I wonder if there is something small to sweeten the pot between the booster and silver levels that would entice people to give a little more. For me, another point is pretty fantastic motivation. I am way too interested in the stats here and would love to do some data analysis!

http://ndsuathleticfund.com/team-makers/benefits/

CAS4127
04-12-2016, 01:57 AM
I wonder if there is something small to sweeten the pot between the booster and silver levels that would entice people to give a little more. For me, another point is pretty fantastic motivation. I am way too interested in the stats here and would love to do some data analysis!

http://ndsuathleticfund.com/team-makers/benefits/

That info isn't accurate in reality. There are people donating more than others, yet others have waay better FB tickets. As has been mentioned before, only a "reseating" of the dome would make the information even close to accurate.

56BISON73
04-12-2016, 02:02 AM
That is kind of my point, PL. Instead of them taking 2 minutes to upload a PDF to the website, they would rather field calls and emails from us about it? Sometimes you are time ahead by just doing the small things. You know if we are asking about it, it's not the first time someone has thought about it. It's a waste of their time if everyone has to call and email - when they probably have way more important things to handle. That's why it's so ridiculous that you want us to call all the time. I deal with people all day long and you know what I have? I have an updated Sharepoint calendar available on the web so I don't have to keep fielding calls with questions about something that is readily available to them. Literally saves me HOURS - and I don't put that much time into it.

We are just talking about getting the PDF online. I'm not a web developer, but I know how to link a PDF to a page - the source code is already there, just literally change the file. If they some company running the page for them, it's as little as sending them the updated PDF.

I totally understand what you are saying. Now dont you think if you made the call to get the information you could also voice your displeasure on what you think is wrong and you shouldnt have to be calling? By doing so dont you think it might move them along? I can guarantee it wont get better discussing it here.

BisonHorns
04-12-2016, 02:15 AM
The Jackrabbit forum said they have reallocating years where the seats are moved according to priority points. This coming year is one for them. They purchase the season ticket and then find out where they sit. Yikes! Probably easy to do with the 100 season ticket holders in Bookings.

BattleBorn
04-12-2016, 02:36 AM
The Jackrabbit forum said they have reallocating years where the seats are moved according to priority points. This coming year is one for them. They purchase the season ticket and then find out where they sit. Yikes! Probably easy to do with the 100 season ticket holders in Bookings.

Do the big donors get seated closer to the porta potty for convenience, or further for smell factor?

CAS4127
04-12-2016, 02:46 AM
I totally understand what you are saying. Now dont you think if you made the call to get the information you could also voice your displeasure on what you think is wrong and you shouldnt have to be calling? By doing so dont you think it might move them along? I can guarantee it wont get better discussing it here.

The point is that a call shouldn't be necessary. NDSU athletic success is, as you know, founded on doing the little things right each and every day. Is it too much ask TM to follow suit?

56BISON73
04-12-2016, 03:05 AM
The point is that a call shouldn't be necessary. NDSU athletic success is, as you know, founded on doing the little things right each and every day. Is it too much ask TM to follow suit?

You can keep beating this dead horse or you can complain to the people who count is my point. If there are flaws and mistakes then management need to know of your displeasure. If nobody complains there is no reason for them to think anything is wrong.

CAS4127
04-12-2016, 03:45 AM
You can keep beating this dead horse or you can complain to the people who count is my point. If there are flaws and mistakes then management need to know of your displeasure. If nobody complains there is no reason for them to think anything is wrong.

Or you can, ya know, self-analyze to make sure you're doing the little things correct. Unless you are too fucking dumb or complacent to realize you aren't. I'll go with the latter until proven otherwise.

56BISON73
04-12-2016, 03:46 AM
Or you can, ya know, self-analyze to make sure you're doing the little things correct. Unless you are too fucking dumb or complacent to realize you aren't. I'll go with the latter until proven otherwise.

If youve come to that conclusion its time to make the call isnt it.

CAS4127
04-12-2016, 03:50 AM
If youve come to that conclusion its time to make the call isnt it.

Nope, not my job. In my profession, if clients are calling to see wtf is up, I'm fired!! As it should be. And I consider myself a "client" of TM until asked to be/do otherwise.

Pat, change is drastically needed, and in a hurry IMO.

80ALUM
04-12-2016, 04:45 AM

If by management you mean Simmers then you must have missed my post where I said I did speak to him. He was not willing to listen. Time for him to retire. His methods may have worked for TM in the past but times have changed at NDSU and he'said in over his head now.

Bison bison
04-12-2016, 04:44 PM
My thoughts.

1. Team Makers has been integral to the success of NDSU.
2. The organization is a dinosaur. - This isn't all bad. They have a kickass ground organization.
3. They SUCK in terms of transparency.
4. I don't think they have a clue about the broader strategic implications of their often piss poor tactics.

Team Makers needs to decide if they are going to be a modern organization, the VFW, or skimmers.

They need to start communicating better or they are going to do permanent damage.

One thing I've liked about NDSU athletics is that until recently a middle class joe could attend games with his family. That appears to be ending.

EndZoneQB
04-12-2016, 04:48 PM
My thoughts.

2. The organization is a dinosaur. - This isn't all bad. They have a kickass ground organization.
4. I don't think they have a clue about the broader strategic implications of their often piss poor tactics.

Team Makers needs to decide if they are going to be a modern organization, the VFW, or skimmers.

They need to start communicating better or they are going to do permanent damage.

One thing I've liked about NDSU athletics is that until recently a middle class joe could attend games with his family. That appears to be ending.

Honestly...that is one negative to the FBS talk. If we go FBS with the Dome, goodbye to that. Or it has to be THE event they do.

Bison bison
04-12-2016, 04:54 PM
A little elaboration on one point.

I don't think Team Makers understand the market.

There may be 2,000 folks in line for tickets, but that doesn't mean that they'll necessarily spend significantly more, any more, or anything! for the seat they may lose by raising prices (including those legacy members who aren't paying anywhere close to the price of their seat). A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Many folks are seeing or will soon see a dramatic decline in income due to low commodity prices and secondary effects in our state's economy.

imabison
04-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Nope, not my job. In my profession, if clients are calling to see wtf is up, I'm fired!! As it should be. And I consider myself a "client" of TM until asked to be/do otherwise.

Not only would you be fired, but the post repercussions would be or could be worse

I did see the Forum printed a retraction today about using 2015 info in their article, but still would not
the people at NDSU not correct them during the interview.
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4007002-correction-all-bison-season-tickets-will-carry-team-maker-fee
but they did not correct that ticket price from the previous year was used. Just the TM part. OH well

1998braves64
04-12-2016, 05:32 PM
My thoughts.

Honestly...that is one negative to the FBS talk. If we go FBS with the Dome, goodbye to that. Or it has to be THE event they do.

I agree, was going through some old paperwork last night and found some old season ticket renewal invoices, cost for one ticket with per seat fee was about the same as cost for just the season ticket alone this year without the per seat fee. If the go FBS crowd gets their wish I wonder how many season ticket wannabes would hear the price to get season tickets and go nope don't want them that bad. The department would have to fiddle with the ticket prices for football because that would be the only way to generate a large new chunk of revenue with the least amount of drop off due to price increases.

bisonaudit
04-12-2016, 05:47 PM
And it's $14.25 for a ticket see "Batman v. Superman". Choose wisely.

EndZoneQB
04-12-2016, 06:42 PM
I still think it's a fricken steal for the amount of entertainment I get from my season tickets. I'm also not a family of 5 either.

Bison bison
04-12-2016, 06:59 PM
That's the rub for me.

I'll keep my four which cost me $2,000, but I'm done with men's basketball season tickets (I had six).

My household income is in the 90th percentile. I live relatively frugally. NDSU athletics have become a luxury.

I'm ok with spending 2% of my income on NDSU athletics, but that's it.

Bison bison
04-12-2016, 07:09 PM
What's funny is that the athletic department will be net losers in this for me.

last year I gave/spent

$960 for tailgating
$1,000 to team makers
$ 820 for fb
$ 1, 068 for bb.

this year I will spend/give

$960 for tailgating
$1,000 for team makers
$ 960 for fb
0 for mbb season tickets. Maybe $200 on single game tickets.

So the wizards in the athletic department will be out $728 in addition to the goodwill they've lost - BECAUSE THEY SUCK AT ECONOMICS.

If they raise my FB more than a trivial amount in 2017 I'll be done with them too.

runtheoption
04-12-2016, 07:10 PM

Pat, change is drastically needed, and in a hurry IMO.Well, I thought about firing Team Makers. Anyone know a good fund-raising organization for NDSU Athletics?

MNLonghorn10
04-12-2016, 07:37 PM

last year I gave/spent

$960 for tailgating
$1,000 to team makers
$ 820 for fb
$ 1, 068 for bb.

$960 for tailgating
$1,000 for team makers
$ 960 for fb

So the wizards in the athletic department will be out $728 in addition to the goodwill they've lost - BECAUSE THEY SUCK AT ECONOMICS.

If they raise my FB more than a trivial amount in 2017 I'll be done with them too.
Maybe you should try calling them

EndZoneQB
04-12-2016, 07:47 PM

last year I gave/spent

$960 for tailgating
$1,000 to team makers
$ 820 for fb
$ 1, 068 for bb.

$960 for tailgating
$1,000 for team makers
$ 960 for fb

You should actually look at reseating if you are concerned about the tickets going up. My dues are nowhere near that and I have great seats.

Bison bison
04-12-2016, 07:49 PM
If I'm moving, I'm moving to my couch.

BisonHorns
04-12-2016, 08:01 PM
I got to believe that the bb model that was posted online was a mistake. It was removed so quickly and the prices are too high. It may have been a projection model for some year down the road. If they are the real prices I will be shocked..... and watching on tv.

roadwarrior
04-12-2016, 08:10 PM
I got to believe that the bb model that was posted online was a mistake. It was removed so quickly and the prices are too high. It may have been a projection model for some year down the road. If they are the real prices I will be shocked..... and watching on tv.

Matt Larsen has already stated that those prices were not correct. His words were that the actual prices will be "significantly lower".

BattleBorn
04-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Matt Larsen has already stated that those prices were not correct. His words were that the actual prices will be "significantly lower".

Can we make this sticky on each page?

BisonAccountant44
04-12-2016, 08:34 PM

last year I gave/spent

$960 for tailgating
$1,000 to team makers
$ 820 for fb
$ 1, 068 for bb.

$960 for tailgating
$1,000 for team makers
$ 960 for fb

This got me curious, so I did a little digging. Out of NDSU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Minnesota and Wisconsin we have the highest maximum required per seat donation that I could find at $2,750. Alabama came in 2nd at $2,200, then Ole Miss at $1,750, Minnesota at $800 and Wisconsin at $400. Iowa and Iowa State each required a donation, but I couldn't find the different amounts required easily. To be fair, our $25 was also the lowest I saw, and those schools all have much larger stadiums which allows them to use the extra volume of seats to make more money at less per seat, but I was still shocked that we were that far out in front on the top end.

When it came to the actual tickets, we were 2nd lowest. Iowa State was tiered and started at $175, NDSU $240, Wisconsin, $288, Minnesota $330, Iowa $405, Alabama $435 (I couldn't find Ole Miss's actual seat prices).

My donation per seat is only $25 and that's new this year. Since we got the seats I've operated under the assumption that they'll eventually be $100 since that's what the section next to us is, so I'm prepared for some more increases, but the seats themselves have gone up $55 over the last two years too which cuts into some of that wiggle room. With little kids and driving 3 hours each way for a game, at some point I'm going to either have to give up the seats or sell a few games to pay for them if there is still demand.

El_Chapo
04-12-2016, 08:36 PM
NDB2 quit being a poorer.... pay the money and shut up

runtheoption
04-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Maybe you should try calling themI called them. They have never heard of NDB2...said something like "He must not be in the Ring of Fire. Where did you get this number?"

Mr Meaty
04-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Does Coach Klieman get a % of ticket revenue? I know Bohl got a %. This maybe the reason that actual tickets prices are not too bad and TM dues are increasing more. My seat fees are only $25per seat on the 6 tickets (1st year for 2 of the seats). Coach would not get any of the TM fees but would on the tickets sales. I know everyone will have a breaking point at some level. Do you let your tickets and TM fees go and watch on tv, sell a game or too for more money if possible to help or continue to pay the increases. These are bridges we all will have to cross at some point. I will start to charge my buddies that use my extra ticket the seat price plus a TM recovery fee for me. This will lessen by cost some. I still think the ticket price is extremely low and could be raised but not along with TM dues at the same time or rate. Right now people that are not season ticket holders would be happy to pay more than $40 a ticket just to come to a singular game. Raise single game tickets to $50-$60 a seat (25%-50% increase over regular season tickets).

80ALUM
04-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Maybe you should try calling them

This made me laugh.

Vet70
04-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Does Coach Klieman get a % of ticket revenue?

If I recall correctly that was not part of his contract. Plus there is no mention of it in this article from January of last year.
http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3664394-ndsu-extends-head-football-coach-kliemans-contract-through-2020-season

56BISON73
04-13-2016, 01:19 AM

So let me get this straight. You have supposedly identified some problems with TM. But you refuse to let TM know because its not your job even though the information would make them better? I dont get it.

1998braves64
04-13-2016, 01:55 AM
Does Coach Klieman get a % of ticket revenue? I know Bohl got a %. This maybe the reason that actual tickets prices are not too bad and TM dues are increasing more. My seat fees are only $25per seat on the 6 tickets (1st year for 2 of the seats). Coach would not get any of the TM fees but would on the tickets sales. I know everyone will have a breaking point at some level. Do you let your tickets and TM fees go and watch on tv, sell a game or too for more money if possible to help or continue to pay the increases. These are bridges we all will have to cross at some point. I will start to charge my buddies that use my extra ticket the seat price plus a TM recovery fee for me. This will lessen by cost some. I still think the ticket price is extremely low and could be raised but not along with TM dues at the same time or rate. Right now people that are not season ticket holders would be happy to pay more than $40 a ticket just to come to a singular game. Raise single game tickets to $50-$60 a seat (25%-50% increase over regular season tickets).

Then you run into issues with pricing for playoff tickets.

I was a bit surprised by the jump in season tickets costs this year. I expected tm dues to go up. But my thought is if they raise dues or tickets in 2017 or 2018 (without any reason to do so) will be a turnoff for me, not sure it would stop me from buying them though.

56BISON73
04-13-2016, 02:26 AM

I was a bit surprised by the jump in season tickets costs this year. I expected tm dues to go up. But my thought is if they raise dues or tickets in 2017 or 2018 (without any reason to do so) will be a turnoff for me, not sure it would stop me from buying them though.

They dont need a reason to increase prices. Its the cost of doing business. As the program gets bigger so will the cost of tickets etc. People keep talking about the big time etc etc etc. We need to add more staff etc etc.. But when the they have to open up the check book they dont like it and start questioning. Like they say---be careful what you wish for.

tony
04-13-2016, 03:22 AM

I'm pretty sure that there's a reason. Travel expenses, salaries, and tuition (which affect scholarship costs) have all been going up.

1998braves64
04-13-2016, 03:26 AM
They dont need a reason to increase prices. Its the cost of doing business. As the program gets bigger so will the cost of tickets etc. People keep talking about the big time etc etc etc. We need to add more staff etc etc.. But when the they have to open up the check book they dont like it and start questioning. Like they say---be careful what you wish for.

And precisely the reason I'm in the wait and see mode. I definitely am not near ND2B salary range and I'm putting in $1000 for season tickets now I know part of that is helping someone get a scholarship. But firstly I have to take care of the family.

Maybe there doesn't need to be a reason for you, I've been ok with the level we're at and how we got here but saying if ticket prices and tm fees go up without some outside force or big decision by NDSU I'm not going to be as content as I'm now.

Doesn't sound like I'm the only one in that boat. They have to be careful because people like me don't voice our displeasure, we just leave. Like ndb2 I'll move to my couch can buy a lot of creature comforts with $1000/yr.

1998braves64
04-13-2016, 03:32 AM
I'm pretty sure that there's a reason. Travel expenses, salaries, and tuition (which affect scholarship costs) have all been going up.

Yeah there is justification there for this one. FCOA probably is the largest one. That's why TM dues didn't surprise me much. My concerns more for the next year and following, obviously after that not so much again because costs will keep rising. Would be nice to do it on a two/three year cycle. But realities of each year may not allow that.

56BISON73
04-13-2016, 03:35 AM
Yeah there is justification there for this one. FCOA probably is the largest one. That's why TM dues didn't surprise me much. My concerns more for the next year and following, obviously after that not so much again because costs will keep rising. Would be nice to do it on a two/three year cycle. But realities of each year may not allow that.

We also have a pretty small pool of people to draw from. Its not like we have a 70K seat stadium where the costs could be spread around.

1998braves64
04-13-2016, 03:40 AM
We also have a pretty small pool of people to draw from. Its not like we have a 70K seat stadium where the costs could be spread around.

Correct this is starting to be an issue too. But also at hand is the team makers discussion on the public perception and getting more of the alumni to donate to it too also helps spread the cost. But would require people to know they are part of something too and that it's no longer just something people do to get better football tickets.

56BISON73
04-13-2016, 04:03 AM
Correct this is starting to be an issue too. But also at hand is the team makers discussion on the public perception and getting more of the alumni to donate to it too also helps spread the cost. But would require people to know they are part of something too and that it's no longer just something people do to get better football tickets.

I had no idea what priority points were when I reconnected and made my first donation. The real importance of them has only come to the forefront in the last 4-5 years .

MontBison
04-13-2016, 05:29 AM
This is beginning to turn in to a cheap ass thread.

56BISON73
04-13-2016, 05:31 AM
This is beginning to turn in to a cheap ass thread.

You just changed that didnt ya?:D

1998braves64
04-13-2016, 11:34 AM
I had no idea what priority points were when I reconnected and made my first donation. The real importance of them has only come to the forefront in the last 4-5 years .

I'm guessing they had an internal system but until they went public with them 6(?) years ago was when I found out about them.

First I thought of them was when I was digging around on the Wyoming site looking for ticket info and they had their system laid out on there.

tony
04-13-2016, 12:36 PM

That, and the state-wide budget cuts (see UND.) Plus the athletic department got turned down when they went to the students to see about raising their fees.

Hammerhead
04-13-2016, 02:55 PM
I should probably know this since I am a Team Maker. Is there a Board of Directors or anything like that or is everything run by people in the Athletic Department?