PDA

View Full Version : Did You Get the Jersey You Wanted????

TheDoctor
04-23-2006, 06:22 AM
I got Joe Mays's #8 Road jersey from the 2004 season! Anyone else get the player they wanted?? :D

roadwarrior
04-23-2006, 06:31 AM
I didnt buy one of the jerseys, but I saw a lot of them leaving the racks and going out the door. I found a great green hooded NDSU basketball sweatshirt for $10!

TheDoctor
04-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Very nice! I also picked up a basketball warm-up outfit (top and bottoms) and won Lamar Gordons shoes from the North South game in the silent auction! :)

RedRiver
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
How did you hear about the silent auction results? I have a bid in on 2-3 items, but not sure if they ended up highest.

TheDoctor
04-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Troy announced 30 seconds to the end and as he counted down to one, all the bottom feeders (like me *;)) ran up and upped most bids a dollar and then immediately took them over to Forde, paid for them and left with them. *There were a few paper items left on the table that hadn't been bid up or taken, like the voucher to the Colorado Crush arena league team for two tickets that you see at every auction. *"Present this certificate at will call two weeks before the game you want to go to" *;D. *Whos going to go on vacation to Coloarado for 3 weeks so they can see a game for free? *Someone I guess, the bid was $1! * :o

imabison
04-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Troy announced 30 seconds to the end and as he counted down to one, all the bottom feeders (like me ;)) ran up and upped most bids a dollar and then immediately took them over to Forde, paid for them and left with them. There were a few paper items left on the table that hadn't been bid up or taken, like the voucher to the Colorado Crush arena league team for two tickets that you see at every auction. "Present this certificate at will call two weeks before the game you want to go to" ;D. Whos going to go on vacation to Coloarado for 3 weeks so they can see a game for free? Someone I guess, the bid was $1! :o

Humm, no offense, but it sounds to me like NDSU need to adopt the Dutch Auction. The bidding automatically extends 10 minutes if when someone places a bid in the last 2 minutes, and goes for 10 minutes after the last bid is placed. Then it closes.

SDbison
04-24-2006, 03:18 AM
Looking at the bid amount on many of the items (around $50) I think NDSU needs to get better items in the future for the silent auction. There were only about 20 things that looked like they would get over $100. The total income from the silent auction must have only been a few thousand dollars.
On the contrary, the locker room sale had to be a big success. Even though all of the clothing was used, hundreds of people were buying $50 and more of the stuff (me included).
How many of you went to the Outback scholarship luncheon? I was there and it was great. An excellant piece of steak, tender breast of chicken, tasty fries, delicious salad, choice of pop or water and a nice sized piece of cheesecake to top it off. All for $15. Nice to hear Bohl's talk before the game. Also was great to tour the fancy coaches offices (definately first class)! Can't believe they had not sold 300 tickets sooner as I bought my tickets 5 days ahead of time! Many at the luncheon were the players family. Where were many of the Bison fans Saturday? Time to start giving the Bison Division I Support! There should be at least 5000 at the Spring game with all the stuff going on. I drove 250 miles to take it in. What was your excuse? :-/

IowaBison
04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Humm, no offense, but it sounds to me like NDSU need to adopt the Dutch Auction.

A Dutch auction is one where the price starts high and then is lowered until someone agrees to the price.

Green-N-Gold
04-24-2006, 07:16 PM
How much did the road jerseys sell for? Can a person still buy one?

TheDoctor
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
$50 for the 2004 "Great West Conference" patched Road Jerseys. Call Justin Forde or Troy Grogen at the Bison offices and he could probably hook you up. Food was delicious! :)

Green-N-Gold
04-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Did they sell any of the '05 "yellow numbered" jerseys??

BisonBryce
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Did they sell any of the '05 "yellow numbered" jerseys??

no they didnt sell those.

i got road #8 and #13 home.

TheDoctor
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Nope they were still wearing them on Saturday!!!!!!!!!! *PA system was broke and couldn't read #'s. Not a good combo! ;D

Green-N-Gold
04-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Gotcha. I misread your initial post, thinking it was the '05 jerseys. :'(

mikelsch
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Good riddance to the 2005 road jersey tops. Hope they didn't cost the department too much to replace.

TheDoctor
04-25-2006, 06:11 AM
no they didnt sell those.

i got road #8 and #13 home.[/quote]

Bison Bryce, I must have talked to you at the luncheon. I mentioned to you that I got the other #8 road. They must have had 2 sets.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
04-25-2006, 06:16 AM
I hope that the Senior Football players were given (free) their choice of home or away Jersey.

TheDoctor
04-25-2006, 06:54 AM
they gave them the home jersey. It was not for sale. The ones he refered to were older years. There were probably 4 differetn jerseys there. They had never sold them before. just collecting dust.

Green-N-Gold
04-25-2006, 02:50 PM
I would love to get a Great West patch for my authentic #26 home jersey I bought from Scheels last year.

Anybody have one to sell?

bison4life
04-25-2006, 05:28 PM
I hope that the Senior Football players were given (free) their choice of home or away Jersey.

They're giving us are away jersey's free tommorrow at the senior athlete dinner at President Champan's house. For everything else...Theres mastercard!! The Athletic dpeartment is cheap! ;)

TheDoctor
04-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Thats funny! ;D