PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Clay Ream

Sweepsingle
03-20-2016, 05:30 PM
Just got back from NYC...what a great weekend of wrestling! The highlight for the Bison was Clay winning the Elite 90 Award! 4.0 and wrestling at the DI level is tough to do!

Wrestling wise..the Bison have a long way to go to be competitive on the big stage. The quality of wrestling is improving across all weight classes. Snyder's win at HWT demonstrates just how athletic you have to be today to win at the national tournament. The days of big fat HWt's is over!

IMar dominated Nolf...glad to see that kid get his 2nd Title!

PSU is going to be the team to beat for the next 3-4 years. Their young guys are tough and Cael is the best coach in the business!

Iowa is going to to have to grow with the rest of the nation. Their offensive, beat you up, style is not as effective today as it was 5 years ago.

Is there anybody that can compete with the Big 10? Tough teams and tough guys...iron sharpens iron. To be the best you have to wrestle the best. NDSU needs to have an upgrade in their schedule next year!

Time to get ready for the international style where America stills trails the pack. The next month will be fun to see who joins our team for Rio!

Christopher Moen
03-20-2016, 10:36 PM
Just got back from NYC...what a great weekend of wrestling! The highlight for the Bison was Clay winning the Elite 90 Award! 4.0 and wrestling at the DI level is tough to do!

Wrestling wise..the Bison have a long way to go to be competitive on the big stage. The quality of wrestling is improving across all weight classes. Snyder's win at HWT demonstrates just how athletic you have to be today to win at the national tournament. The days of big fat HWt's is over!

IMar dominated Nolf...glad to see that kid get his 2nd Title!

PSU is going to be the team to beat for the next 3-4 years. Their young guys are tough and Cael is the best coach in the business!

Iowa is going to to have to grow with the rest of the nation. Their offensive, beat you up, style is not as effective today as it was 5 years ago.

Is there anybody that can compete with the Big 10? Tough teams and tough guys...iron sharpens iron. To be the best you have to wrestle the best. NDSU needs to have an upgrade in their schedule next year!

Time to get ready for the international style where America stills trails the pack. The next month will be fun to see who joins our team for Rio!

After the Olympic Team Trials in three weeks, let's just hope our wrestlers can qualify the remaining nine weight classes in either Mongolia or Turkey. Can't believe how bad we blew our opportunity to get the weights classes qualified the easy way two weeks ago in Frisco.

bri-dog
03-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Christopher, check your PMs...

BraxtonT
03-21-2016, 02:39 AM
What a week! Got there Tuesday, got back home this afternoon. Everything in between was memorable. MSG lived up to the hype. The venue and electricity in the building were outstanding.

Plenty of memories to cherish for me as a fan. I hope all the competitors will appreciate the experience that only New York City could provide for them. Nothing against the other cities that have hosted, but it would be a shame to not have NYC get more opportunities to host.

I got to meet Cody Pack's mother and most of the Pitt Panther qualifiers at the 9/11 Memorial. Penn State seemed to have the most representation throughout the city.

Seeing Clay Ream up on the big board over the arena was quite the site. Having one of our own winning such a prestigious award made the chest swell a bit.

Not sure of when I go to another national tourney, but this one will keep me satisfied for a long time.

Congrats to Clay, Josh, and Hayden for qualifying and all winning at least one match at the "World's Most Famous Arena".