PDA

View Full Version : Two F'n Hawk FB players busted for possession

southcliffbison
03-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Iwari Smith, who played as a freshman, and Dulin who didn't , got busted for MJ possession.......... wonder how Bubbsey handles this.

HerdBot
03-07-2016, 03:03 PM
At least they didn't sell it to a cop. :rofl:

Wish it was legal. Kids lives could be ruined over something that is harmless and legal in many states.

But since it is illegal, Bubba has some decisions to make.

THEsocalledfan
03-07-2016, 04:49 PM

Wish it was legal. Kids lives could be ruined over something that is harmless and legal in many states.

Well, Bubbles can follow the example set by Illinois St.......

tjbison
03-07-2016, 05:14 PM

please explain how pot is harmless, i know several people whos lives it ruined

Vet70
03-07-2016, 05:21 PM

Wait for "The Cop was a Bison Fan." Even in states where it is legal does it still violate an NCAA rule?

Bison bison
03-07-2016, 05:25 PM

This. ........

runtheoption
03-07-2016, 05:52 PM

Because it is illegal and the resulting legal problems from getting arrested or because it made them too lazy to get a job?

bisonmike2
03-07-2016, 06:29 PM

Anything can ruin a person's life if they allow it to. I could get addicted to buying and selling Pokeman cards and have it financially ruin me if I let it. Pot, in the grand scheme of things, is relatively harmless. Let's not pretend that it is in the same class of drugs as heroin, meth and crack.

MontBison
03-07-2016, 06:53 PM

Lol you serious?

tjbison
03-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Anything can ruin a person's life if they allow it to. I could get addicted to buying and selling Pokeman cards and have it financially ruin me if I let it. Pot, in the grand scheme of things, is relatively harmless. Let's not pretend that it is in the same class of drugs as heroin, meth and crack.
When did I say it was in the class as those other drugs, but to call it harmless is untrue

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tjbison
03-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Lol you serious?
Yes, why would you laugh at the unfortunate events that lead to the death of someone due to Pot, you think it can't happen your clueless

natstar1
03-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Yes, why would you laugh at the unfortunate events that lead to the death of someone due to Pot, you think it can't happen your clueless

you would be cool with making the use of alcohol illegal?

BisonHorns
03-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Let us not get into an argument about the drug itself, when there is the whole story of their players on drugs to focus on. Two were caught but how many are involved? This seems like a good spot for pure speculation.

1998braves64
03-07-2016, 08:27 PM

Never heard of anyone dying from pot od. Can't say the same for alcohol or tabacco (not sure you can od in one sitting but eventually can kill you) both which are legal and can argue alcohol has ruined more lives than pot.

Driving under influence of anything is and should still be illegal. I am Ignorant on how impaired pot makes you for driving?

By no means a 100% pot legalization supporter but they have very legitimate precedent to seek it imo.

tjbison
03-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Where did I say this? Where have I said that I think Pot is terrible?

All I am pointing out its not harmless like some said, I don't care if people smoke it etc..but to brush it off as harmless is wrong imo. Alcohol is not harmless either, smoking isn't harmless.

If they want to legalize it I don't care, I'd probably vote for it. But fact of the matter it's illegal not because it's good for you

tjbison
03-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Never heard of anyone dying from pot od. Can't say the same for alcohol or tabacco (not sure you can od in one sitting but eventually can kill you) both which are legal and can argue alcohol has ruined more lives than pot.

Driving under influence of anything is and should still be illegal. I am Ignorant on how impaired pot makes you for driving?

By no means a 100% pot legalization supporter but they have very legitimate precedent to seek it imo.
Never said it was OD

HerdBot
03-07-2016, 08:56 PM

I can assure you there is no lethal amount of THC, therefore you cannot overdose from it. So I will assume it was related to driving stoned out of his mind or getting involved in the drug world and drug dealers. If it was due to driving, that would fall under the same argument of driving drunk. Bad decision. If he was caught up in the wrong crowd of drug dealers, he would still be alive had it been legal to buy since there wouldn't have been any drug dealers. Was it one of those? Either way it sucks

natstar1
03-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Where did I say this?

you didn't, that's why I asked.

You're very defensive.

Answer Guy
03-07-2016, 09:37 PM
Because it is illegal

I thought there was a petition to get it decriminalized. What happened to that?

BlueBisonRock
03-07-2016, 10:39 PM

That was attempted previously. Seems it did not work out all that well.

tjbison
03-07-2016, 11:28 PM
you didn't, that's why I asked.

You're very defensive.

not defensive, but alcohol was not the discussion topic so why bring it up

1998braves64
03-07-2016, 11:59 PM

Because from all I've read up on pot, alcohol overall is more destructive than pot, currently. Not saying pot is exactly something that should be done daily if at all in my opinion but it does seem to have much more positives than alcohol. That's just me though.

Yet we've made alcohol legal because people since ever have been drinking it, but so have pot smokers too, just never in Europe where many in the US came from back from 1492-1800s.

EndZoneQB
03-08-2016, 12:17 AM
I can assure you there is no lethal amount of THC, therefore you cannot overdose from it. So I will assume it was related to driving stoned out of his mind or getting involved in the drug world and drug dealers. If it was due to driving, that would fall under the same argument of driving drunk. Bad decision. If he was caught up in the wrong crowd of drug dealers, he would still be alive had it been legal to buy since there wouldn't have been any drug dealers. Was it one of those? Either way it sucks

Yes, there is a lethal amount of THC. It's an insane amount, I want to say something like 1000x+ the amount it takes to get high. It's almost entirely impossible, the only way would be eating it, but I'm not sure how that would even go.

Never said it was OD

So explain to us how someone died "because of "pot"". Weed is not a "need it now" time of thing, it's more of a "I want it now".

perthbison
03-08-2016, 02:06 AM
I thought there was a petition to get it decriminalized. What happened to that?The legislature wasn't in favor of this so they got some of their friends to take care of the situation.:)

natstar1
03-08-2016, 03:46 AM

what 1998braves64 said

HerdBot
03-08-2016, 04:11 AM
Yes, there is a lethal amount of THC. It's an insane amount, I want to say something like 1000x+ the amount it takes to get high. It's almost entirely impossible, the only way would be eating it, but I'm not sure how that would even go.

So explain to us how someone died "because of "pot"". Weed is not a "need it now" time of thing, it's more of a "I want it now".

It's funny I Googled it and no large mamal has ever died from weed. They put them through some crazy tests including getting THC fed through an IV. Thst animal was lucky. Sure beats spraying hairspray in their eyes.

The government says if you eat 1500 lbs of it all at once you could die. Not sure what the street value would be on 1500 lbs but it would likely be your life savings. Another says 1/3 body weight.

Then again if you drink 1500 lbs of water you would die. Heck you could probably die drinking 1/3 your weight at once in water!

What is the lethal dose of marijuana?

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once.
In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.
The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.
Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970).
http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm

CAS4127
03-08-2016, 04:57 AM
It's funny I Googled it and no large mamal has ever died from weed. They put them through some crazy tests including getting THC fed through an IV. Thst animal was lucky. Sure beats spraying hairspray in their eyes.

The government says if you eat 1500 lbs of it all at once you could die. Not sure what the street value would be on 1500 lbs but it would likely be your life savings. Another says 1/3 body weight.

Then again if you drink 1500 lbs of water you would die. Heck you could probably die drinking 1/3 your weight at once in water!

What is the lethal dose of marijuana?

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once.
In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.
The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.
Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970).
http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm

So you told us nothing in terms of how it otherwise fucks lives up!! Thanks, and ducking stupid. Are you on drugs?!

Sent from my iPhone.

HerdBot
03-08-2016, 01:28 PM
So you told us nothing in terms of how it otherwise fucks lives up!! Thanks, and ducking stupid. Are you on drugs?!

Sent from my iPhone.

I don't have to prove something that is obvious. I was responding to a discussion thst pot does not have a lethal dosage.

The only way it can ruin your life is if you spend all your money on it (which is hard to do when only a few puffs does the trick), get stoned and drive, or get mixed up with a drug dealer. (Or get killed like thr kid in Wahpeton did because he became a narc due to cops threatening him with prison time over small amounts of pot) If it was legal there would be no pot drug cartel.

The fact it is illegal is the only way it ruins lives.

Of course the exact same thing could happen with alcohol, prescription pills, gambling, video games, Netflix bingeing, excessive shopping, etc.

IzzyFlexion
03-08-2016, 01:48 PM
That was attempted previously. Seems it did not work out all that well.

Well yeah.............but it resulted in a sweet tunnel system under Moose Jaw, SK.

Vet70
03-08-2016, 02:13 PM
I don't have to prove something that is obvious. I was responding to a discussion thst pot does not have a lethal dosage.

The only way it can ruin your life is if you spend all your money on it (which is hard to do when only a few puffs does the trick), get stoned and drive, or get mixed up with a drug dealer. (Or get killed like thr kid in Wahpeton did because he became a narc due to cops threatening him with prison time over small amounts of pot) If it was legal there would be no pot drug cartel.

Of course the exact same thing could happen with alcohol, prescription pills, gambling, video games, Netflix bingeing, excessive shopping, etc.

It is early in the morning, but I am not following your line of reasoning. If it were legal the some of negative impacts you listed can still happen.

HerdBot
03-08-2016, 02:39 PM
It is early in the morning, but I am not following your line of reasoning. If it were legal the some of negative impacts you listed can still happen.

The negative impacts I listed are irrelevant and applicable to basically any substance or activity, except driving inpairerd which is also applicable to prescription drugs, illegal drugs, over the counter drugs, and alcohol . Laws are already on the books.

Vet70
03-08-2016, 03:23 PM
The fact it is illegal is the only way it ruins lives./QUOTE]

[QUOTE=HerdBot;1108378]The negative impacts I listed are irrelevant---

The fact that it is illegal is not the only way it ruins lives. The negative impacts are not irrelevant, legal or not.

Grizzled
03-08-2016, 04:18 PM
I am sure the Fat Port will do a thorough investigation into this and "weigh" in on how bad und is ....and how the university needs to be shut down/ audited/ sanctioned/ heads should roll/ president is crooked/ all the same treatment NDSU would get if this came out about their players.... etc...... (Purple of course)

There are instances where a player is caught by campus police and nothing is released of why or for what. Things go unnoticed by the public that way. Careful throwing stones on this one.

BISONBRI53
03-09-2016, 05:12 PM

Whatever man! You act and talk like you know everything about everything. You don't know shit! Shut the F up!

El_Chapo
03-09-2016, 07:20 PM
so they like the reefer at und. go figure. can you imagine having to live up there? id do drugs too!

reformedUNDfan
03-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Whatever man! You act and talk like you know everything about everything. You don't know shit! Shut the F up!

This is the rare case in which the bot is entirely correct. Some of you nned to realize that you're clueless fucks.

The burden of proof on prohibition is a little higher than 'omg it's not harmless' with not even an anecdote presented.

Bison bison
03-20-2016, 04:20 AM
I thought that Bisonbri53's post was one of the most insightful and constructive ever made on Bisonville.

HerdBot
03-20-2016, 07:02 AM

I don't know everything. I just know more than you do.

Christopher Moen
03-21-2016, 10:41 PM

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/1/1e/Oh_burn.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130301195257

BYZEN
03-22-2016, 09:55 PM

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/1/1e/Oh_burn.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130301195257

http://macholife.com/wp-content/uploads/contest.gif

unbison
03-23-2016, 08:53 AM

That's a ridiculous assumption and why you consistently come across as such a dolt