PDA

View Full Version : Hayden Zillmer

Big Bird
02-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Congrats are in order for NDSU/Crosby Ironton's Hayden Zillmer, who just recorded his 100th career victory, with a fall vs Grand Canyon. He's had a remarkable career, especially considering he's added a solid 50 pounds in college. Already an All American, this is another great accomplishment to an already impressive resume. Hopefully he can cap off his career with a B12 title and a run at the 184 pound national title.

Also, I'd really like to see him give the international circuit a go at 86 kilos with his combination of size, speed, and technique. Taylor, Ruth, and Dake all represent huge challenges, but they can't match Hayden's physicality and strength. No clue if he's interested or not, but it'd be interesting to see how he could do at a RTC, particularly a place like the Ohio RTC.

Big Bird
02-07-2016, 08:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6NKl84xTWA&feature=youtu.be

Gladiator Dad
02-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Congrats to a great kid on and off the mat.

RadioBison
02-08-2016, 02:30 AM
He's been great to watch. I'm looking forward to what he can do in these last two tournaments.

Abe1727
02-08-2016, 04:09 AM
Congrats Hayden. Great video.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Congrats are in order for NDSU/Crosby Ironton's Hayden Zillmer, who just recorded his 100th career victory, with a fall vs Grand Canyon. He's had a remarkable career, especially considering he's added a solid 50 pounds in college. Already an All American, this is another great accomplishment to an already impressive resume. Hopefully he can cap off his career with a B12 title and a run at the 184 pound national title.

Also, I'd really like to see him give the international circuit a go at 86 kilos with his combination of size, speed, and technique. Taylor, Ruth, and Dake all represent huge challenges, but they can't match Hayden's physicality and strength. No clue if he's interested or not, but it'd be interesting to see how he could do at a RTC, particularly a place like the Ohio RTC.

He'd do fine in either freestyle or Greco-Roman at the USOTC here in Colorado Springs. A lot depends on what he wants to do after his NCAA career, which is by far the hardest grind on the body and mind for the sport of wrestling. We lose a lot of potential Olympians because these guys have little left in them once they conclude their college careers.

RadioBison
02-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Hayden moved up to #4 in the Intermat rankings this week.

Sweepsingle
02-10-2016, 08:07 PM
He is fun to watch...A National Title is in his future! GO Hayden!

Bisonguy
11-13-2016, 11:27 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread, but a different perspective of Hayden-

http://fargopublicschools.areavoices.com/2016/11/13/not-your-typical-pe-class/

Both of my kids attend Washington and think he's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNoodles
11-14-2016, 12:09 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread, but a different perspective of Hayden-

http://fargopublicschools.areavoices.com/2016/11/13/not-your-typical-pe-class/

Both of my kids attend Washington and think he's awesome.

That's my elementary school alma mater. It's great that Bison athletes still student teach there.

Big Bird
02-22-2018, 12:00 AM
Lots of threads about Hayden, so I figured I'd just add onto this one.

This was previously mentioned in other threads, but is worth repeating this week. He is the only wrestler in the country who is a member of the US national Greco Roman team and the US national Freestyle team. His runner up finish in Greco was expected but his 3rd place (top 3 receive a stipend and make the national team) finish in freestyle surprised many, as Greco is seen as his dominant style (and right now he is the favorite to be the US rep in the 2020 games) and he only trained for weeks for Freestyle.

He's been in Cuba the past week+ wrestling in the Cerro Pelado International tournament.

His Greco tournament didn't go as well as hoped, as he lost his Bronze medal match to finish in 5th.

His Freestyle tournament has gone better than expected though! He is 3-1, including a win in the semifinals over a past German Junior World silver medalist. He will wrestle for Gold tomorrow against fellow American Ty Walz. Walz is a multi time AA at Va Tech and was an Under 23 World Bronze medalist this past year. Hayden beat Ty today and they will have a rematch tomorrow for Gold. Walz knocked off three time World medalist Reineris Salas (who handed Hayden his only loss in pool play 5-4) to get to the gold match.

Another interesting note: Clay Ream has beaten 2 Americans that are in this tournament (H Stieber and Kindig).

If anyone is interested, it is available to watch free online tomorrow at: https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/granma-y-cerro-pelado-4

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/February/21/17-go-for-freestyle-medals-in-cuba

Big Bird
02-22-2018, 10:09 PM
https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/February/22/Sanders-Zillmer-win-Cerro-Pelado-golds-in-Cuba

Zillmer wins gold at the Cerro Pelado

Christopher Moen
02-22-2018, 11:27 PM
https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/February/22/Sanders-Zillmer-win-Cerro-Pelado-golds-in-Cuba

Zillmer wins gold at the Cerro Pelado

Still waiting on the Gold Medal match to be posted by UWW. In the meantime, here's his Semifinal match against Germany's Thiele:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toIp9TtDJVQ

Nice comeback by Hayden after getting put in deficit from a strange misstep late in the match.

Big Bird
02-23-2018, 12:35 AM
Still waiting on the Gold Medal match to be posted by UWW. In the meantime, here's his Semifinal match against Germany's Thiele:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toIp9TtDJVQ

Nice comeback by Hayden after getting put in deficit from a strange misstep late in the match.

Weird, not sure what he was going for there. I would've expected him to just go for the pushout in that instance, rather than whatever that was

Christopher Moen
02-23-2018, 02:22 AM
Weird, not sure what he was going for there. I would've expected him to just go for the pushout in that instance, rather than whatever that was

The quick switch from Greco-Roman to Freestyle might have been part of his issue of having a positional misstep.

Christopher Moen
02-23-2018, 08:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=942tk2fh-ig

Pretty good win for Hayden over the 2017 U23 Bronze Medalist.

RadioBison
03-28-2018, 11:50 PM
It looks like Hayden will be a backup on the Freestyle World Cup Team. USA completes Freestyle World Cup Team (http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/19952)

Big Bird
03-29-2018, 02:56 AM
And at 92 kilos, which is a pretty good cut from the 97/98 kilos he's been at

Big Bird
04-04-2018, 04:30 PM
In the FLO international freestyle rankings, both Josh Rodriguez and Hayden Zillmer check in at #19 in the world.

With that, NDSU is tied for third (With Mizzou, Iowa, & Nebraska) behind only Penn State and Ohio State among all colleges in terms of guys ranked in the world. That's pretty neat

https://www.flowrestling.org/rankings/6031553-international-rankings-mens-freestyle/27907-takahashi-maintains-top-position

Christopher Moen
06-18-2018, 08:32 PM
Don't forget, Hayden goes for a spot on the World Team this Saturday on the last leg of Final-X!

Big Bird
06-19-2018, 01:03 AM
Brief preview https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/June/18/Final-X-preview-92-kg-MFS

Big Bird
06-19-2018, 11:42 PM
Interview with Hayden where he talks about why he won't be wrestling in Greco World Team Trials, even though he wants to (Which is an absolute shame and part of why I dislike this Final X format that only benefits FloWrestling)

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/20271

Christopher Moen
06-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Final X - Lehigh takes place in about 40 minutes!!! Zillmer and Cox wrestle in the 3rd and 9th match of the 1st and 2nd rounds, respectively.

Christopher Moen
06-23-2018, 10:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180623/39f7116989806e81ced3a7d1e33f1d81.heic

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Big Bird
06-23-2018, 11:29 PM
Hayden leads 1-0 after a step out....1 point may not seem like much, but very few guys in the world score even 1 on Cox

Big Bird
06-23-2018, 11:31 PM
Cox with a takedown right before the period ends. Hayden trails 2-1 heading to the final period.

He'll have to fight with Cox' incredible defense and ungodly amount of sweat to come back now

Big Bird
06-23-2018, 11:32 PM
Stepout for Cox and he leads 3-1. Not a big deal, as Hayden would lead on criteria if he gets a takedown

Christopher Moen
06-23-2018, 11:33 PM
Cox with a takedown right before the period ends. Hayden trails 2-1 heading to the final period.

He'll have to fight with Cox' incredible defense and ungodly amount of sweat to come back now

We’ve have two guys with towels ready to wipe the mat when needed.

Cox is no slouch. Wonder if he’s related to Jabril.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Big Bird
06-23-2018, 11:34 PM
Cox with another takedown to lead 5-1. This one is likely over barring a 4 point throw.

This is a best of 3 series though

Big Bird
06-23-2018, 11:36 PM
Hayden gets a stepout but loses 5-2.

He'll have to beat Cox 2 times in a row to be the US representative at the World Championships now.

That's a tall task, seeing as Cox is a 3 time NCAA champ, Olympic Bronze, and World Bronze medalist.

On the bright Side, Hayden scored 2 more points than their last match up and was able to get to his offense much more.

Big Bird
06-23-2018, 11:38 PM
We’ve have two guys with towels ready to wipe the mat when needed.

Cox is no slouch. Wonder if he’s related to Jabril.

Lol at the towels, but that is a smart idea.

No idea if they're related but they're from the same state, have the same last name, and are both freakish athletes, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Christopher Moen
06-23-2018, 11:42 PM

No idea if they're related but they're from the same state, have the same last name, and are both freakish athletes, so it wouldn't surprise me.

J’den is the only guy I remember having to wipe down BEFORE a match starting (his first match at the World Cup).

Big Bird
06-24-2018, 12:36 AM
Match #2 starts now

Christopher Moen
06-24-2018, 12:37 AM
Uf-dah.....

Big Bird
06-24-2018, 12:39 AM
Cox with a takedown to a leg lace, and that is it. Zillmer loses but still makes the national team. Cox qualifies for Worlds again

Christopher Moen
06-24-2018, 12:42 AM
Cox with a takedown to a leg lace, and that is it. Zillmer loses but still makes the national team. Cox qualifies for Worlds again

Ankle bone on ankle bone from a World-Class athlete - good luck trying to stop that.

Christopher Moen
06-24-2018, 03:13 AM

Asked J’den tonight if he was related to Jabril and Jasir (while answering his riddles) and he said he wasn’t sure but doubted he was.

Christopher Moen
03-17-2019, 04:34 AM
Hayden wrestling well so far at the World Cup. After losing to Georgia’s Dato Marsagishvili (four time World/Olympic medalist) 3-0, he has beaten Iran’s Mohammad Ebrahimizivlaei (Junior and University World Champion) 6-4 and just smashed Mongolia’s Ulziisaikhan Baasantsogt 11-0.

Big Bird
03-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Iran guy was ranked #6 in the world and Hayden wrapped his weekend up by knocking off a 2018 World Bronze medalist from Japan.

The tough thing for Hayden, is you could make an argument that he is top 10 in the world at 92kg after this weekend, but he has very little shot at making the Olympics.

J'Den Cox is the reigning World champ at 92kg for the USA and he's likely to bump up to 97 kg for the Olympics (which Hayden will likely do too) where reigning Olympic champ and multiple time World champ Kyle Snyder is.

If Hayden wants to go greco again, I think that gives him the best chance at the Olympics. However, Ge'Angelo Hancock is at 98kg and he has won several medals this year and has been the best greco athlete in the US.

Tony Almeida
03-17-2019, 06:26 PM
Hayden wrestling well so far at the World Cup. After losing to Georgia’s Dato Marsagishvili (four time World/Olympic medalist) 3-0, he has beaten Iran’s Mohammad Ebrahimizivlaei (Junior and University World Champion) 6-4 and just smashed Mongolia’s Ulziisaikhan Baasantsogt 11-0.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou deserve a medal just for spelling out those names, and if you can pronounce any of those names, I will give you a medal myself.

Christopher Moen
03-17-2019, 06:33 PM
Iran guy was ranked #6 in the world and Hayden wrapped his weekend up by knocking off a 2018 World Bronze medalist from Japan.

The tough thing for Hayden, is you could make an argument that he is top 10 in the world at 92kg after this weekend, but he has very little shot at making the Olympics.

J'Den Cox is the reigning World champ at 92kg for the USA and he's likely to bump up to 97 kg for the Olympics (which Hayden will likely do too) where reigning Olympic champ and multiple time World champ Kyle Snyder is.

If Hayden wants to go greco again, I think that gives him the best chance at the Olympics. However, Ge'Angelo Hancock is at 98kg and he has won several medals this year and has been the best greco athlete in the US.

FYI, J'Den is going down to 86 KG for the Olympic year.

Hayden's best chance at making an Olympic or World Team would be Greco. If he focused Greco-Roman full time, he would be beating G'Angelo. Before Hayden made the semi-switch to Freestyle, G'Angelo was contemplating a move to 130 KG from a conversation I had with his coach.

Christopher Moen
10-20-2019, 03:32 AM
Hayden finishes with a Silver at the Intercontinental Cup last weekend in Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxXMEOdWwA

Soup Can
10-24-2019, 05:25 PM
Hayden finishes with a Silver at the Intercontinental Cup last weekend in Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxXMEOdWwA

Why did the Russian get a point around the 7:10 mark?

1998braves64
10-24-2019, 05:52 PM

Stalling, not sure though? I saw several gestures in the minute prior that were on blue wrist band, indicating something was up that the ref was indicating to Zillmer.

Christopher Moen
10-24-2019, 06:06 PM

He didn't. He got a warning for holding on to Hayden's wrist and stalling/being passive (one point by the mat official is signaled by a thumb and not an index finger). The last point was scored at the 5:30 mark with a Zillmer stepping out and giving Rasul Magomedov his third point.

Christopher Moen
12-22-2019, 02:27 PM
Hayden takes on Kollin Moore this afternoon for the U.S. Nationals Championship!

ByeSonBusiness
12-22-2019, 05:28 PM
I'm assuming this is freestyle or greco?

Any chance the Olympics would ever consider adding folkstyle? Or is that purely an American thing?

I hated freestyle and Greco. Practically entirely different sports.

Christopher Moen
12-22-2019, 06:03 PM

Any chance the Olympics would ever consider adding folkstyle? Or is that purely an American thing?

I hated freestyle and Greco. Practically entirely different sports.

Hayden is wrestling freestyle.

Folkstyle will never be an Olympic discipline. You have to keep in mind that every country pretty much has their own version. We have our scholastic/collegiate style while Russia has sambo, Nordic countries have sawdust wrestling, African countries have sand/beach wrestling, the Turks have that weird oil, half-pant wrestling thing, etc.

When bringing in FILA (now called UWW) to our NCAA National Championships, instead of talking about the size of the crowd, they complained about why were we awarding wrestlers for doing nothing on top (riding time). Our style does not fit the European way of thinking.

Tony Almeida
12-22-2019, 06:16 PM

I hated freestyle and Greco. Practically entirely different sports.Blasphemy! I will suplex you into submission until you take it back.

Christopher Moen
12-22-2019, 08:27 PM
ZILLMER!!!

Awesome comeback!

RadioBison
12-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Congrats to Hayden!!!

Big Bird
12-26-2019, 08:01 PM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/wrestling/4838956-Former-Bison-wrestler-Zillmer-has-eyes-on-2020-Tokyo-Games

Christopher Moen
12-26-2019, 08:30 PM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/wrestling/4838956-Former-Bison-wrestler-Zillmer-has-eyes-on-2020-Tokyo-Games

Nice article, but they have the wrong info under the picture. That’s definitely not Collin Moore he’s wrestling, but J’den Cox from last year’s Final X event at Lehigh.

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 10:36 AM
Hayden won his first match at the world championships this morning via a 15-4 tech fall over the 2022 Asian silver medalist from Turkmenistan. He fell behind 4-0 via a throw, but dominated the rest of the match and was a force on top with his gut wrenches.

Next up is a match vs Dinesh of India, that I expect Hayden to win.

After Hayden wins that, he has a rematch against World Champion and #1 seed Geno Petriashvili. Zillmer led Petriashvili 4-1 in the final period in July, but Geno wound up scoring the final 7 points for an 8-4 win.

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 11:02 AM
Hayden won his first match at the world championships this morning via a 15-4 tech fall over the 2022 Asian silver medalist from Turkmenistan. He fell behind 4-0 via a throw, but dominated the rest of the match and was a force on top with his gut wrenches.

Next up is a match vs Dinesh of India, that I expect Hayden to win.

After Hayden wins that, he has a rematch against World Champion and #1 seed Geno Petriashvili. Zillmer led Petriashvili 4-1 in the final period in July, but Geno wound up scoring the final 7 points for an 8-4 win.

Hayden up on mat 4 and a correction, he has Baran of Poland, not Dinesh. Baran is a little tougher IMO, but Hayden should win

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 11:06 AM
Zillmer up 1-0 after the first off a passivty. Hes controlled ties and pace but may get put on the clock in the 2nd. Gotta go

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 11:06 AM
Took a single right off the whistle and upping his pace and attacks to avoid the shot clock. Like it. Just need to finish one now

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 11:07 AM
Hayden's increased activity works and Baran goes on the clock and doesn't score. 2-0 Hayden

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 11:08 AM
45 sec to go 3-0 Hayden

BEAUTIFUL super duck by Baran off the whistyle 3-2 Hayden 30 to go

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 11:09 AM
Hayden holds on for a 3-2 win and is a world quarterfinalist.

Rematch vs World champ Petriashvilli awaits

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 11:28 AM
Baran is a multiple time Euro medalist, was the 8 seed here, and had beaten Nick Gwiazdowksi before, so that was a very good win.

Geno is a 3 time world champ, but Hayden definitely has a shot. In their only previous meeting, Hayden had some well timed shots to get out to the lead and very nearly had another that would have potentially put the match away. Keys will be holding center, timing his shots well, and keeping the feet moving. Geno caught him flat footed last time

Match should be 45-60 minutes away

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Here we go

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 12:25 PM
Hayden loses 9-4. Just gotta get on the offense sooner. Geno looked great too.

On the bright side, Hayden has a very realistic path to a world bronze medal

Big Bird
09-15-2022, 03:41 PM
Hayden loses 9-4. Just gotta get on the offense sooner. Geno looked great too.

On the bright side, Hayden has a very realistic path to a world bronze medal

Nevermind. Geno Petriashvilli was upset in the semifinals and as a result, Hayden won't get a shot at wrestling for a bronze.

RadioBison
09-15-2022, 11:15 PM
Nevermind. Geno Petriashvilli was upset in the semifinals and as a result, Hayden won't get a shot at wrestling for a bronze.

That's too bad, but going 2-1 at the world championships is nothing to sneeze at. I'm not sure that Hayden has peaked quite yet.

I don't think I'm ever going to see how using repechage is better than having double-elimination wrestlebacks for these international events.

Big Bird
04-19-2024, 11:17 PM
Hayden won his first match today at the Olympic Trials challenge tournament. He has big Dom Bradley in the semifinals tonight on either USA or Peacock. He's beaten Dom before and I'm expecting a low scoring 1 takedown match.

If he wins, he'd either have a rematch with 2 time world bronze medalist Nick Gwiazdowski, who he beat to make the world team in 2022 or reigning NCAA champ Greg Kerkvliet of Simley MN/Penn State.

With Mason Parris winning a bronze medal at the 2023 world championships, he waits in the best of 3 finals at 125kg tomorrow with an Olympic spot on the line.

My guess is Kerkvliet and Hayden win with Kerkvliet beating Hayden tonight.

Big Bird
04-19-2024, 11:25 PM
Hayden will be on mat 2 in ~30 mins. You can definitely watch him on Peacock, but unsure if they'll show his match on USA with a combination of Men's Freestyle, Greco, and Women's Freestyle going on at the same time. I imagine he won't be on USA, as Kerkvleit and Gwiazdowski should be wrestling at the same time and Kerkvleit is wrestling in front of his home fans at Penn State.

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 12:01 AM
Gwiazdowksi and Kerkvliet wrestled and Gwiaz won 5-1. Hayden would have a rematch if he can beat Dom Bradley.

Should start any minute now

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 12:03 AM
Hayden's match will be live on USA (at least to start) and also on Peacock on mat 2.

Let's go

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 12:05 AM
Got in deep on a single leg, but can't get stuck underneath like that. Dom is way bigger than Hayden

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 12:07 AM
Up 1-0 after one but need to get after it and hold center. Zillmer will very likely go on the passivity clock early in the second if he can't make something happen.

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 12:08 AM
Hayden with a pair of 2 pointers and he's up 5-0!

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 12:13 AM
Hayden put it in cruise control after going up by 5 and advances to the challenge tournament finals to face 2x World bronze medalist Nick Gwiazdowski.

Rematch of the 2022 world trial finals that Hayden won 2 out of 3 matches.

He'll be an underdog though, but he's got a shot.

Winner wrestles for a spot in the Olympics tomorrow night.

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 01:48 AM
Hayden vs Gwiazdowski should be on in ~15-20 min on USA/Peacock (mat 3)

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 02:09 AM
I'm expecting something like a 7-2 Gwiazdowski win, as he looked outstanding in the semis, but Hayden beat him under the bright lights the last two times.

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 02:12 AM
Hayden up 1-0 with a minute to go in the first off a shot clock point.

Need to keep holding center and convert a shot.

Both guys super tentative

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 02:14 AM
Neither guy committed to an attack and Hayden leads 1-0 after the first period.

He will almost certainly go on the shot clock early this period if he doesn't score or push the action.

Perfect time to go for one

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 02:15 AM
Zillmer warned for passivity, goes on the clock, doesn't score and it's 1-1 with a minute and half to go.

Gwiaz leads on last point scored.

Have to open up and go for this

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 02:16 AM
Beautiful low single by Hayden but can't convert.

Minute to go

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 02:17 AM
Gwiaz on the shot clock.

Hayden scores in a scramble!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-1 30 seconds to go

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 02:17 AM
Hayden gets a step out and he beats the 2 time world bronze medalist 5-1!

Wrestling for an Olympic berth tomorrow!

NDSU_grad
04-20-2024, 02:20 AM
As much as I hate the inconsistency of stall calls in folkstyle, I think I hate the shot clock in freestyle more. Maybe it’s because I don’t understand it well. But what a win for for Zillmer. I just don’t think he can match the combo of Parris’ size and athleticism though. Especially in a 2 of 3 situation.

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 02:16 PM
Match 1 of the best of 3 series between Hayden and Mason Paris will be the 8th match on Peacock. Should be on around 1030 I would guess.

Match 2 and match 3 (if needed) will be on USA starting at 530pm, so Hayden’s 2nd match should be around 7pm

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Hayden up next on Peacock in a couple minutes.

I'm expecting Parris to win comfortably, but Hayden can score and win if he takes some smart, well timed shots. Have to be prepared to take some risks and convert when he has chances.

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 03:12 PM
Go time for Hayden.

Match one of the best of three finals with a place on the Olympic team on the line.

Let's go.

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 03:14 PM
Parris is the reigning Wolrd Bronze medalist.

He's really pushing the pace but Hayden has stymied all of his attacks. The action gets Hayden put on the shot clock, and he can't score, so he trails 1-0

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 03:15 PM
Hayden trails 3-0 after the first period.

All Parris in the first, but hopefully he tired himself out a bit

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 03:16 PM
Hayden with a single but can't score. Need more attacks and push the pace

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 03:17 PM
Hayden picking up the pace but not getting deep on the legs.

Parris scores off a Hayden shot. 5-0 with a minute and a half left

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 03:19 PM
Great shot on a double, can't finish.

Parris converts again.

Zillmer loses 7-0 but really, he should feel ok. Just need to pick your shots better and finish.

He's still got a chance

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 10:57 PM
Hayden will be up in ~15 min on USA and Peacock.

Need a win to keep the Olympic dream alive

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 11:13 PM
Up now, let’s go.

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 11:15 PM
Trails 1-0 after getting put on the shot clock

Minute to go I. The first

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 11:16 PM
Not much action in the first.

Only down 1-0 after the first and Paris has been warned for action

Need a couple good attacks

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 11:17 PM
Paris blast double and he’s up 3-0.

Really have to push it now

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 11:18 PM
Beautiful single by Hayden but Parris spun for 2

Big Bird
04-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Parris scores off a bad Hayden shot.

Another great shot but can’t finish.

Parris wins 7-0 and takes the Olympic spot.

Hayden will be the alternate