PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Season

bosco
02-05-2016, 11:07 PM
First game is next Friday, February the 12th vs the University of Arkansas. I'm very excited for this upcoming season. Our roster is loaded with great hitters. We need that all important pitching to come through. We will be young in the circle but talented.

Bison Loaf
02-06-2016, 01:25 AM
Bosco, my man, I'm going to try to get out there with you this spring sometime. It's gotta be a nice day though……….because I'm a wimp, and I save up the few cold weather outings I have left in my body, for football tailgating (and, frankly, we don't even "rough it" out THERE anymore)! :biggrin:

bosco
02-10-2016, 12:28 AM
Well, we all know you're a wimp. After your behavior at the game in Frisco I'm not so sure you'll be allowed at Bison sporting events this year. Don't worry about the weather...going from winter to spring is awesome! A 40 degree day in April feels great! You'll just have to put on you big boy pants.

Bison Loaf
02-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Well, we all know you're a wimp. After your behavior at the game in Frisco I'm not so sure you'll be allowed at Bison sporting events this year. Don't worry about the weather...going from winter to spring is awesome! A 40 degree day in April feels great! You'll just have to put on you big boy pants.

You are being pretty harsh on me, even for you. :) However, I am actually having trouble trying to refute any of it! :biggrin:

What's the pitching going to be like this year? Work in progress? I can't stand walks, dammit! Even more so if it's a little chilly out!

Vet70
02-10-2016, 05:01 PM
You are being pretty harsh on me, even for you. :) However, I am actually having trouble trying to refute any of it! :biggrin:

What's the pitching going to be like this year? Work in progress? I can't stand walks, dammit! Even more so if it's a little chilly out!

This Bosco guy sounds like one of your group of troublemakers.

Bison Loaf
02-10-2016, 05:17 PM
This Bosco guy sounds like one of your group of troublemakers.

According to the official press release from my large staff of PR people.............I've never heard of him.

Off the record, however, I've been known to graciously take in a wide range of undesirables at my tailgate.

God bless me. Amen.

StL Bison Fan
02-10-2016, 07:41 PM
According to the official press release from my large staff of PR people.............I've never heard of him.

Off the record, however, I've been known to graciously take in a wide range of undesirables at my tailgate.

God bless me. Amen.
FBS transfers? Grand Forks Runaways/Escapees?

Vet70
02-10-2016, 10:20 PM
FBS transfers? Grand Forks Runaways/Escapees?

He has relatives that went to the JC up there---they have even worn their gear to OUR tailgating area---or so the rumor goes.

bruinbison
02-10-2016, 10:57 PM
NDSU picked 1st in Summit League pre-season poll

NDSU, coached by four-time Coach of the Year Darren Mueller, is coming off a 45-win season and a second-place finish in the Eugene Regional in the NCAA Tournament, finishing the season ranked No. 24 in the ESPN.com/USA Softball poll and 25th in the USA Today/NFCA Coaches' poll. The Bison have won the past four regular season league titles along with claiming six of the past seven tournament championships.

North Dakota State brings back a league-high five All-Summit League performers from a season ago, highlighted by 2015 Player of the Year Cheyenne Garcia. Garcia set the league's single-season record for runs scored (70) along with leading her team in batting average, hits, doubles, runs, home runs and stolen bases.
The Bison's high-powered offense will remain mostly intact, losing only two regular starters in the lineup and retaining 84.2% (303-of-360) of their runs scored from a season ago. NDSU is receiving votes in both preseason top 25 polls.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/sball/2015-16/releases/20160210gcy12c

ndsubison1
02-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Could be a special season if we can find a reliable pitcher

bosco
02-11-2016, 03:15 AM
You nailed it. I think we have the hitters we will just need to find the pitching.

ndsubison1
02-14-2016, 04:56 AM
Just realized we play UND this year. Im giddy.