PDA

View Full Version : 2/4: Oral Roberts

Bison03
02-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Big game tonight as the Bison try and get some momentum back and stay in the upper half of the conference standings. Hopefully some home cookin' will help. It was a 1 point loss down in Tulsa last month so obviously the teams are evenly matched. Let's pack the house and get a win.

bruinbison
02-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Any chance Carlin Dupree plays?

Would give the home crowd a chance to welcome him back.
He could start to get his game legs back on his home court.
The extra veteran team depth would be handy, especially for
next week's road trip to South Dakota and Omaha.
Or do you perhaps wait, have him re-join the team in an away
environment where the team is together for several days?
Or is it even later?

Bison03
02-04-2016, 04:09 PM
I'd like to see him back tonight or Saturday. He is much needed right now to right the ship as he provides depth off the bench and scoring. I believe the coaches will bring him back when appropriate; but I hope it's sooner rather then later.

HandoEX
02-04-2016, 04:29 PM
This is gonna be a big game for the Bison! Need this one at home and I'm feeling really good about a Bison win tonight!

Bisonator98
02-04-2016, 04:49 PM
I'd like to see him back tonight or Saturday. He is much needed right now to right the ship as he provides depth off the bench and scoring. I believe the coaches will bring him back when appropriate; but I hope it's sooner rather then later.

I agree. As long as he has done everything asked of him since returning I don't see the need to punish the whole team any longer.

Kujava23
02-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Must win tonight!!!

imabison
02-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Any chance Carlin Dupree plays?

Would give the home crowd a chance to welcome him back.
He could start to get his game legs back on his home court.
The extra veteran team depth would be handy, especially for
next week's road trip to South Dakota and Omaha.
Or do you perhaps wait, have him re-join the team in an away
environment where the team is together for several days?
Or is it even later?

Nope he is not in uniform

Bison03
02-05-2016, 12:13 AM
Omegano is good. Need to stop him. Brown should be on him all night.

Bison03
02-05-2016, 12:15 AM
And just like that...2 quick fouls on Brown and he will be sitting most if not all of the rest of the half. Damn.

Hammersmith
02-05-2016, 12:18 AM
Game on channel 322 if you've got Midco.

BYZEN
02-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Two words: ZONE!!!!
Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk

Bison03
02-05-2016, 12:26 AM
To many turnovers leading to fast breaks. Clements can't hold onto the ball.

bruinbison
02-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Good to see Clements get the hoop n harm
after 2 giveaways

StL Bison Fan
02-05-2016, 12:28 AM
So I am not a great basketball mind so don't trash me.
Is there an offensive plan here or just dribble to the corner and back out or drive to the basket on your own and score?

Bison"FANatic"
02-05-2016, 12:31 AM
They just checked it looked like mcl on Paul miller and jumped a bunch on the test and they took him back right away

SDbison
02-05-2016, 12:34 AM
Sloppy play by the Bison.......quit the lax passes. Just plain ugly.

NDSUstudent
02-05-2016, 12:35 AM
So I a not a great basketball mind so don't trash me.
Is there an offensive plan here or just dribble to the corner and back out or drive to the basket on your own and score?

The whole dribble weave thing works a lot better when you have a guy like KB that can exploit mismatches, can't do that with foul trouble. AJ is another guy that should be able to but he has been in a slump.

Bison03
02-05-2016, 12:36 AM
They just checked it looked like mcl on Paul miller and jumped a bunch on the test and they took him back right away
Didn't look good. To Soon to know anything. Remember Corey brown was done for the year too....

NDSUstudent
02-05-2016, 12:38 AM
Didn't look good. To Soon to know anything. Remember Corey brown was done for the year too....

Hopefully he just banged knees and has a contusion that he can grind through.

Bison03
02-05-2016, 12:39 AM
Kading is working his ass off tonight!!

NDSUstudent
02-05-2016, 12:40 AM
Miller icing his knee on the bench.

NDSUstudent
02-05-2016, 12:42 AM
A miracle to be only down 2 right now considering everything that has happened.

SDbison
02-05-2016, 12:44 AM
How long do the Bison need to play short........enough with the punishment. Need all the players.

Bisonator98
02-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Hope Paul is gonna be OK. We desperately need AJ to step up his game. He can drive on these guys he just needs to get it going.

Bison"FANatic"
02-05-2016, 12:52 AM
With the short bench Sutton should attack us relentlessly. We will need to play great d, may have to give up some easy ones but we can't get in foul trouble

Bison03
02-05-2016, 12:53 AM
Not bad considering our best defensive player was only in for 3 min. Miller didn't come out of the locker room. Not good.

NDSUstudent
02-05-2016, 01:01 AM
AJ for THREEEEEEEE

NDSUstudent
02-05-2016, 01:02 AM
AJ for THREEEE again

Bison03
02-05-2016, 01:05 AM
This is going to be a dog fight. Crowd getting into it.

NDSUstudent
02-05-2016, 01:08 AM
AJ for THREEEE or maybe a two(Pending review)..he is on fire!

Bison"FANatic"
02-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Here come our nemesis. From 10 to 3 min left in 2nd half. We need to not have empty trips and get stuck on 48 points

SDbison
02-05-2016, 01:22 AM
Here we are in another Bison cold spell.

Bison03
02-05-2016, 01:39 AM
Up 3, :35 to go. Come on D!!

bisonfanette
02-05-2016, 01:43 AM
Go AJ!!!!!!!!

IBleedYellow
02-05-2016, 01:46 AM
I like what their coach had them do with all these fouls at the end.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
02-05-2016, 01:47 AM
Especially when we can't hit free throws down the stretch.

bruinbison
02-05-2016, 01:48 AM
Kory Brown with 3 huge plays - POG material

NDSUstudent
Bison win!

IBleedYellow
Ugly W is still a W in the boxscore.

Bisonator98
02-05-2016, 01:50 AM
Gritty win tonight! AJ had some big 3's in the second half and Malik Clements had his best game by far as a Bison!

NDSUBowler
02-05-2016, 01:52 AM
Awesome ending for KB

Good to win games NDSU SHOULD win and not give away a home game when adversity strikes.

build...build...BUILD

ndsubison1
02-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Nice win with Miller out. Would like to see AJ get more aggressive. Also, Carla Metts is good looking.

NDSUstudent
02-05-2016, 01:58 AM
No Paul Miller for a huge chunk of the game, KB in foul trouble, this was a great win where the team came through a lot of adversity. Made the plays to win the game at the end, a nice step forward after the debacle in Indy.

HoopsBison
02-05-2016, 02:09 AM
Man I hope Paul is okay. Would be a monster blow if he is out for an extended period of time.

Way to find a way to win.

IBleedYellow
02-05-2016, 02:10 AM
Anyone know what's going on with Scottie Miller?

southcliffbison
02-05-2016, 02:23 AM
What was the score? please....

Bison"FANatic"
02-05-2016, 02:25 AM
Gutsy game by the guys. Lots of adversity.

67 63 was final.

Bison_Pyro
02-05-2016, 02:26 AM
I finally think i saw some life in the crowd, that was a fun final 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bison Bridge Guy
02-05-2016, 02:49 AM
Anyone know what's going on with Scottie Miller?

I don't know anything other than he has been treated for cancer in the past.

IBleedYellow
02-05-2016, 02:54 AM
I don't know anything other than he has been treated for cancer in the past.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. :(

NDSU92
02-05-2016, 03:04 AM
Fun game to watch. Thank God for ESPN3. Great win boys!

Bison bison
02-05-2016, 03:04 AM
My, oh my.

BisonNation11
02-05-2016, 03:26 AM
Somebody with more knowledge on the rules can hopefully help me with this one. How can a team commit 4 fouls consecutively with no time coming off the clock and none of them are considered to be intentional fouls? If the ball isn't in play, how can you foul without it being intentional?

HerdBoy
02-05-2016, 03:48 AM
Somebody with more knowledge on the rules can hopefully help me with this one. How can a team commit 4 fouls consecutively with no time coming off the clock and none of them are considered to be intentional fouls? If the ball isn't in play, how can you foul without it being intentional?

Yeah the crowd really started to boo the refs after the 3rd one.

HerdBoy
02-05-2016, 03:49 AM
I think the NCAA should enact a rule saying that anyone named Kory Brown can play for 4 more years.

bisoneer
02-05-2016, 03:59 AM
I was at this game. Huge victory for the bison. Lots of adversity w/o Paul miller in 2nd half and then AJ had the 2 spot as Cory had 2 fouls in 1st half . Everyone stepped up and played at the next level, A real team effort and great coaching. PROUD to be a Bison!!!!!

Bison03
02-05-2016, 04:16 AM
Happens all the time. Actually a smart strategy. If they would have allowed the ball to be unbounded, by the time they got to 7 fouls, their would be no time left. It's not uncomen for a foul to be called without the ball inbounded or clock running. If you grab a grab a guy making a cut, it's a foul. An intentional foul is just a regular foul. It always occurs when a team needs to foul to hopefully get a miss at the line. All these fouls were intentional fouls made before the inbounds of the ball.

56BISON73
02-05-2016, 04:32 AM
Happens all the time. Actually a smart strategy. If they would have allowed the ball to be unbounded, by the time they got to 7 fouls, their would be no time left. It's not uncomen for a foul to be called without the ball inbounded or clock running. If you grab a grab a guy making a cut, it's a foul. An intentional foul is just a regular foul. It always occurs when a team needs to foul to hopefully get a miss at the line. All these fouls were intentional fouls made before the inbounds of the ball.

They should do something like the 10 second run off in FB. But have it be like they run off 2 seconds for every foul committed before the ball can be inbound.

silkamilkamonico
02-05-2016, 05:06 AM

The rule doesn't make any sense to me.

In a normal bonus situation at the end of the game, you're trying to get the ball into your free throw shooter knowing the other team is going to foul. We were trying to get the ball into AJ so he could shoot free throws, so they fouled Clements before the ball was inbounded, no time came off, and we had a guy shooting free throws we didn't want shooting. If it's true that this is indeed a legit rule, which it must be considering, then every blue blood HoF coach I have been watching over the years, has not been doing a great coaching job, because they should know they can just foul the worst free throw shooter before the ball is inbounded and no time comes off, and they have a guy shooting free throws they don't want shooting. i watch a lot of college basketball every year and I have never seen that before.

ndsubison1
02-05-2016, 05:49 AM

In a normal bonus situation at the end of the game, you're trying to get the ball into your free throw shooter knowing the other team is going to foul. We were trying to get the ball into AJ so he could shoot free throws, so they fouled Clements before the ball was inbounded, no time came off, and we had a guy shooting free throws we didn't want shooting. If it's true that this is indeed a legit rule, which it must be considering, then every blue blood HoF coach I have been watching over the years, has not been doing a great coaching job, because they should know they can just foul the worst free throw shooter before the ball is inbounded and no time comes off, and they have a guy shooting free throws they don't want shooting. i watch a lot of college basketball every year and I have never seen that before.

Really? I've been seeing it for awhile, but teams don't seem to do it often. I guess maybe they're hoping for a steal or something. It isn't really natural to do though as a player.

HerdBoy
02-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Man I hope Paul is okay. Would be a monster blow if he is out for an extended period of time.

Way to find a way to win.

It almost looked like he hyperextended his knee. I hope everything is OK.

HerdBoy
02-05-2016, 10:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUBaQhRj15Q

bisonfan08
02-05-2016, 01:12 PM

Coaches will do this occasionally but most of the time they are hoping to get a steal on the inbound pass before needing to foul so they wait until the offense actually has possession of the ball, if it's a 3 point game you'd prefer to get a turnover than send someone to the line. The part that pissed me off about this game is any other inbound play in the game our guys were getting held and grabbed exactly the same way and it wasn't a foul and then all of a sudden with less than 7 seconds left it becomes a foul. If they are going to allow teams to get fouls that way at the end of the game they need to call the same fouls throughout the game, that's what had me upset. It's a great strategy it was just poorly officiated.

Bison"FANatic"
02-05-2016, 01:43 PM
I really hope Paul is OK. I do have a bunch of experience in this but from looking from afar you never know.

The bad I saw was when they ran valgus stress test Paul about jumped off the chair. This test is mainly for the medial collateral ligament.

The good, they did the drawer test and he didn't flinch and she moved on quickly, that test is for the ACL and PCL.
AFter they took him back and I am sure ran more tests, he just came out with ice on it. It was stable enough to allow him to put weight on it and to do it without a brace. They didn't put him on crutches and they allowed him to keep moving it on the sideline. That is a good thing.

It could be worse than I think but if I were Bisonation I would not get to excited, hopefully he just stretched that MCL a bit and it is just a strain/sprain and he is good to go within a few days to a few weeks.

If I am a betting man I bet we see Mr. Miller on the court a bunch more this year.

bisonfan08
02-05-2016, 01:52 PM
I really hope Paul is OK. I do have a bunch of experience in this but from looking from afar you never know.

The bad I saw was when they ran valgus stress test Paul about jumped off the chair. This test is mainly for the medial collateral ligament.

The good, they did the drawer test and he didn't flinch and she moved on quickly, that test is for the ACL and PCL.
AFter they took him back and I am sure ran more tests, he just came out with ice on it. It was stable enough to allow him to put weight on it and to do it without a brace. They didn't put him on crutches and they allowed him to keep moving it on the sideline. That is a good thing.

It could be worse than I think but if I were Bisonation I would not get to excited, hopefully he just stretched that MCL a bit and it is just a strain/sprain and he is good to go within a few days to a few weeks.

If I am a betting man I bet we see Mr. Miller on the court a bunch more this year.

Thanks for the insight! This happened right in front of me and appeared that he just got fallen into and it didn't appear to twist or get bent funny it looked more like just a contusion from contact but again it happened fairly quickly and I could've missed something. I definitely took the fact that he was back in the middle of the bench with ice on it and not on crutches as encouraging. I'm assuming he probably won't play tomorrow night but hopefully he'll be back by next week.

If he can't go tomorrow night I'm thinking it's time to get Dupree back in the mix as long as he's been doing everything right to this point, he seemed in high spirits last night and was definitely cheering the guys on and asking Khy to play 40 minutes in 2 games in a 3 day span is a lot to ask a freshman so we could definitely use the help.

Bison03
02-05-2016, 01:58 PM
When a team is trying to foul, and the refs know it, they call it pretty much right away without much contact. Happens at every level of basketball. The reason, I'm guessing, is that they don't want excessively hard fouls when they know an intentional foul is coming. When a foul happens normally; the player isn't trying to foul so it is most often not a hard foul. You always want to foul the worst free throw shooter in that situation. Remember hack-a-Shaq? That is why once they got to 6 fouls, Dex was out of the game. As far as Paul, I hope FANatic is right. You must be a doctor because that was a pretty good analysis. I hope it is indeed not as serious as you predict. No matter how long he may or may not be out for; I also wonder if this forces Richman's hand to put Dupree back into the lineup.

BisonNation11
02-05-2016, 02:12 PM
I guess I still don't agree with allowing them to foul a bunch of times in a row with no time coming off the clock or no consequences for said action. I've never, ever, seen this done before at any level. All I've ever seen is the ball has to be inbounded and at least a few tenths run off the clock. Is what it is. Don't agree with it if it's actually an allowable rule. It's asinine.

I guess my outlook on Miller Time is that he ran around on it for awhile after it happened and even gave it a good go on a rebound on the play that ensued after his injury. Yeah, it hurt, but it didn't prevent him from performing. Hoping for the best, fearing the worst. Kid is a stud shooter. Hope Dupree gets back on the court so the guards can get some rest, but I also understand if he doesn't. My take is the longer he sits, the more hungry he gets to prove he belongs out there. Hope he's taking it that way anyway.

Bison03
02-05-2016, 02:47 PM
I also noticed that he got up and went back on defense for that next possession. My uneducated knowledge of ligament tears I have seen is often players can still walk on it but when any lateral movement it put on it, it is impossible to do anything. Hopefully it is not serious and Paul can get back out there soon.

imabison
02-05-2016, 02:50 PM
My, oh my.

Listened to KFGO on the way home and near the end of the Coach Richman interview they both said
something about Scott Miller. They did not elaborate, but is he having a medical issue.

I thought for a moment they confused Paul Miller and Scotty but it sounded like a different situation.

StL Bison Fan
02-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Listened to KFGO on the way home and near the end of the Coach Richman interview they both said
something about Scott Miller. They did not elaborate, but is he having a medical issue.

I thought for a moment they confused Paul Miller and Scotty but it sounded like a different situation.
Check out the Joys and Concerns thread and leave a good thought.

imabison
02-05-2016, 02:53 PM
I also noticed that he got up and went back on defense for that next possession. My uneducated knowledge of ligament tears I have seen is often players can still walk on it but when any lateral movement it put on it, it is impossible to do anything. Hopefully it is not serious and Paul can get back out there soon.

Dang Dexter Warner he is supposed to take it on the opposing team. Kidding
Paul Mille did play until the next stoppage and he was noticeably limping. He came out of the locker room walking ok after half, but
it was pretty clear he was not coming back in.

HoopsBison
02-05-2016, 06:08 PM
http://www.inforum.com/sports/3941192-ndsus-leading-scorer-paul-miller-out-saturday-not-out-season

silkamilkamonico
02-06-2016, 05:57 PM
That last play to free up Clements for the easy layup was a thing of beauty. Aj set a screen and the minute Clements passed him he rubbed out to get the inbounds pass and it brushed Clements man off and left him for an open layup. I am not sure if that was how it was designed but it was a thing of beauty.