PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Bison Loaf
02-03-2016, 08:44 PM
The last thread I started was the Jacksonville State All FCS Championship Team........................and that one came back to bite me in the ass! Turns out JSU had never been to a FCS title game before. With all the smack they were laying down, who knew?! Those guys trolled me and then embarrassed the hell out of me in front of all of you!

Anyway............this thread ought to go ALOT better for me than that one. :nod:

So, if you hear of anything..............anything at all................. regarding getting AC/DC into Fargo to perform Thunderstruck for a football game...............post it here. I promise to keep your sources confidential. ;)

In the meantime, I'll be anxiously awaiting your responses.

Peace. Loaf.

56BISON73
02-03-2016, 08:46 PM
The last thread I started was the Jacksonville State All FCS Championship Team........................and that one came back to bite me in the ass! Turns out JSU had never been to a FCS title game before. With all the smack they were laying down, who knew?! Those guys trolled me and then embarrassed the hell out of me in front of all of you!

Anyway............this thread ought to go ALOT better for me than that one. :nod:

So, if you hear of anything..............anything at all................. regarding getting AC/DC into Fargo to perform Thunderstruck for a football game...............post it here. I promise to keep your sources confidential. ;)

Peace. Loaf.

Just say no to drugs. You might want to lay of the booze while you are at it.

Bison Loaf
02-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Just say no to drugs. You might want to lay of the booze while you are at it.

That's code for "yes, I've heard something, but can't speak openly right now".

Well played. Mum's the word.

56BISON73
02-03-2016, 08:54 PM
That's code for "yes, I've heard something, but can't speak openly right now".

Well played. Mum's the word.

I will have to sober up first.

Bison_Pyro
02-03-2016, 09:03 PM
I think I saw something, somewhere... or maybe it was just one of EC8CH's game day signs. If a sign can get AC/DC to come to a Bison game, EC8CH can make that sign!

Bison03
02-03-2016, 09:18 PM
ACDC will be in the dome next week with championship banners above their heads while playing Thunderstruck. That might be the closest we get.

Bison Loaf
02-03-2016, 11:02 PM
I think I saw something, somewhere... or maybe it was just one of EC8CH's game day signs. If a sign can get AC/DC to come to a Bison game, EC8CH can make that sign!

So you are saying that EC8CH is on it. Sounds like a plan.

ACDC will be in the dome next week with championship banners above their heads while playing Thunderstruck. That might be the closest we get.

In a worse case scenario, I could probably live with that.

But......hear me out now..........how about a video made next Thursday with the boys on stage giving a shout-out to the Bison, and then that video is played at game time before Thunderstruck starts.

Fair compromise, don't you think? :)

westnodak93bison
02-04-2016, 02:48 AM
I thought AC/DC was part of the next College Game Day, at least for the game intro and maybe a free post game concert just to make sure Thunder Struck gets played at least twice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Vet70
02-04-2016, 03:22 AM
Who started this stupid thread--its about as dumb as the JAX All FCS Championship Team one.

TransAmBison
02-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Who started this stupid thread--its about as dumb as the JAX All FCS Championship Team one.I guess you won't be on the list to stop by TOHBTC for the meet and greet.

Bison Loaf
02-04-2016, 01:28 PM
I thought AC/DC was part of the next College Game Day, at least for the game intro and maybe a free post game concert just to make sure Thunder Struck gets played at least twice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Juicy! I can just imagine Samantha Ponder on the stage singing "Get It Hot"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y9F3dB-nICs

Who started this stupid thread--its about as dumb as the JAX All FCS Championship Team one.

That is incendiary, yet well-deserved, criticism. :nod:

I guess you won't be on the list to stop by TOHBTC for the meet and greet.

JFC! Can we keep this thread on topic please? For once in my lifetime, I'd like a thread on Bisonville that oozes unsubstantiated rumors!

TransAmBison
02-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Juicy! I can just imagine Samantha Ponder on the stage singing "Get It Hot"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y9F3dB-nICs

That is incendiary, yet well-deserved, criticism. :nod:

JFC! Can we keep this thread on topic please? For once in my lifetime, I'd like a thread on Bisonville that oozes unsubstantiated rumors!AC/DC to TOHBTC is no longer a rumor? I didn't get the text...

Bison_Pyro
02-04-2016, 01:54 PM
So you are saying that EC8CH is on it. Sounds like a plan.

In a worse case scenario, I could probably live with that.

But......hear me out now..........how about a video made this Thursday with the boys on stage giving a shout-out to the Bison, and then that video is played at game time before Thunderstruck starts.

Fair compromise, don't you think? :)

Brilliant!

Bison Loaf
02-04-2016, 01:54 PM
AC/DC to TOHBTC is no longer a rumor? I didn't get the text...

Oh, sorry.:blush: Was just trying to throw Vet off the scent of the rumored Meet & Greet that you now let out of the bag. ;)

Also heard that, after 5 straight Natty's, we might be changing out of "Thunderstruck" and into "If You Want Blood, You Got It", as a lead in song.

TransAmBison
02-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Oh, sorry.:blush: Was just trying to throw Vet off the scent of the rumored Meet & Greet that you now let out of the bag. ;)

Also heard that, after 5 straight Natty's, we might be changing out of "Thunderstruck" and into "If You Want Blood, You Got It", as a lead in song.
You were just taken off the VIP list.

imabison
02-04-2016, 05:01 PM

Peace. Loaf.

And the NDSU President is paying for it WITHOUT the permission or Portly Rob

Bison Loaf
02-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Brilliant!

You, sir, are brilliant for recognizing my own brilliance. Believe me, that is not an easy thing to do.

And the NDSU President is paying for it WITHOUT the permission or Portly Rob

I can neither confirm nor deny this, but.......and let's keep this in the QT................ I did hear that Matt Larson and Angus Young were going to be in the same general vicinity of each other on Thursday, Feb. 11th.

Can a deal be far behind?

KilldeerBison
02-04-2016, 09:35 PM
You, sir, are brilliant for recognizing my own brilliance. Believe me, that is not an easy thing to do.

I can neither confirm nor deny this, but.......and let's keep this in the QT................ I did hear that Matt Larson and Angus Young were going to be in the same general vicinity of each other on Thursday, Feb. 11th.

Can a deal be far behind?

So... you're saying Angus might have eligibility left? PWO I'd guess?

tjamz
02-05-2016, 01:08 PM
AC/DC to TOHBTC is no longer a rumor? I didn't get the text...

The Frisco Cruiser is the official Tour Bus of the AC/DC to the West Lot World Tour. You heard it hear first!

StL Bison Fan
02-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Will there be tee shirts?

Bison Loaf
02-05-2016, 04:01 PM
So... you're saying Angus might have eligibility left? PWO I'd guess?

Now that's the kind of "out-of-the-box" thinking we need around here! However, I would think that Angus easily warrants a full scholly and COA......................even for just one song!

The Frisco Cruiser is the official Tour Bus of the AC/DC to the West Lot World Tour. You heard it hear first!

Yeah, as usual TAB was completely over-reaching on the TOHBTC official "Meet & Greet".

No, but I heard that there WILL be green & gold/yellow school boy (and school girl) outfits! Shirt, shoes and underwear would be optional.

TransAmBison
02-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Now that's the kind of "out-of-the-box" thinking we need around here! However, I would think that Angus easily warrants a full scholly and COA......................even for just one song!

Yeah, as usual TAB was completely over-reaching on the THOBTC official "Meet & Greet".

No, but I heard that there WILL be green & gold/yellow school boy (and school girl) outfits! Shirt, shoes and underwear would be optional.Now you are not only off the VIP list, you GA ticket is revoked.

Vet70
02-05-2016, 04:23 PM

A more important question is whether or not there will be Pom Poms.

Bison Loaf
02-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Now you are not only off the VIP list, you GA ticket is revoked.

Heed this, my friend. I predict that if this thing ever comes to fruition, which, of course would end up making this entire thread legendary...........................a Bison Loaf appearance will be just as sought after as an AC/DC appearance. :bow:

TransAmBison
02-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Heed this, my friend. I predict that if this thing ever comes to fruition, which, of course would end up making this entire thread legendary...........................a Bison Loaf appearance will be just as sought after as an AC/DC appearance. :bow:Be warned...you step foot in the West Lot during the AC/DC appearance and you will get the Fargodome railing treatment. But just to show I'm a nice guy and no hard feelings, I'll give you some expired Dominos coupons.

Bison Loaf
02-05-2016, 07:09 PM
A more important question is whether or not there will be Pom Poms.

It would only be natural that Pom-Poms would be part of this event, as, other than maybe Gene Simmons and our very own Izzy, AC/DC has had more Pom-Poms thrust in their faces than anyone known to history.

But let's be clear, the main priorities (in order) for pursuing this highly rumored appearance would be:

1. AC/DC playing "Thunderstruck"
2. Being able to tell the whole football tailgating world (including FBS) to "Stick" it (pardon the pun)
3. Putting a feather in Bison Loaf's cap
4. Luscious Pom-poms out in full force on a hot, sunny day in the West Lot

Ok, is everyone focused now?

A1pigskin
02-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Is "Corso" goingto show up during Thunderstruck?

HerdBoy
02-07-2016, 03:35 PM
I could go for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJczBZgwZCA#t=26

Bison Loaf
02-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Is "Corso" goingto show up during Thunderstruck?

Well, if Corso doesn't show up with Angus riding him, and Samantha Ponder hanging off the back in a bikini…………………………..then I'm just not sure that I even want it to happen at all.

KilldeerBison
02-07-2016, 07:05 PM
At Bisonville, we place great stock in measurables. Regarding Angus, what is his height, weight? How much does he bench press? And most important, what is his 40 time? Of course these can all be improved after a year with Kramer. Sounds like he has good raw potential, hope Larsen can land him.

Bison Loaf
02-08-2016, 02:15 PM
I could go for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJczBZgwZCA#t=26

Going for Plan B already? Apparently, you have no confidence in the rumors of this thread. That hurts me, HerdBoy. That cuts me deep.

At Bisonville, we place great stock in measurables. Regarding Angus, what is his height, weight? How much does he bench press? And most important, what is his 40 time? Of course these can all be improved after a year with Kramer. Sounds like he has good raw potential, hope Larsen can land him.

OMG, you are such a "nervous nelly" when it comes to spending NDSU money! Are you any relation to Rob Port?

All I'm gonna say about Angus's measurables are these:

Height - "He's tall enough to easily hit all the high notes."
Weight - "In the world he comes from, he's considered a heavyweight."
Bench Press - "He's been known to press A LOT of vinyl in his day."
40 time - "What do I look like? A HerdBot?!!"

Vet70
02-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Going for Plan B already? Apparently, you have no confidence in the rumors of this thread. That hurts me, HerdBoy. That cuts me deep.
OMG, you are such a "nervous nelly" when it comes to spending NDSU money! Are you any relation to Rob Port?
All I'm gonna say about Angus's measurables are these:
Height - "He's tall enough to easily hit all the high notes."
Weight - "In the world he comes from, he's considered a heavyweight."
Bench Press - "He's been known to press A LOT of vinyl in his day."
40 time - "What do I look like? A HerdBot?!!"

All I can say is when you bring them in they better fly coach.

Christopher Moen
02-09-2016, 07:39 AM
Get ready FargoDome, you're NEXT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvrxjtB5rIo&feature=youtu.be

Bison Loaf
02-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Get ready FargoDome, you're NEXT!

https://youtu.be/FvrxjtB5rIo

Man, this would be so cool just to get a short clip of the boys coming out on Thursday night, lighting flashing............... and have them shout "This one's for you Fargo and your NDSU Bison!!" and then play that clip prior to "Thunderstruck" during the football games! Of course, we need to still work on them coming to the West Lot :innocent:, but this would be a bitchin' first step!!

Matt Larson...............do you want instant legendary status? All teed it up and ready for you to get'r done! :biggrin:

KilldeerBison
02-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Man, this would be so cool just to get a short clip of the boys coming out on Thursday night, lighting flashing............... and have them shout "This one's for you Fargo and your NDSU Bison!!" and then play that clip prior to "Thunderstruck" during the football games! Of course, we need to still work on them coming to the West Lot :innocent:, but this would be a bitchin' first step!!

Matt Larson...............do you want instant legendary status? All teed it up and ready for you to get'r done! :biggrin:

We want Angus, get'er done!

Bison03
02-09-2016, 07:48 PM
If any mention of, or showing of NDSU or Bison football before, during, or after this song Thursday night at the dome would be something of such epic amounts of awesomeness I cant even imagine. The crowd would go absolutely nuts. I hope someone at the dome/NDSU at least makes an attempt to try and make this happen. I know a lot of football teams probably play Thunderstruck at games, and they probably could care less about football, let alone FCS football; but having the 5 time defending champs playing it in there intro for years now; along with the fanbase embracing it like we do and playing it all the time tailgating, in Frisco, and in every bar where Bison fans are during games has to worth something, right? I hope something is done.

Christopher Moen
02-09-2016, 08:14 PM
If any mention of, or showing of NDSU or Bison football before, during, or after this song Thursday night at the dome would be something of such epic amounts of awesomeness I cant even imagine. The crowd would go absolutely nuts. I hope someone at the dome/NDSU at least makes an attempt to try and make this happen. I know a lot of football teams probably play Thunderstruck at games, and they probably could care less about football, let alone FCS football; but having the 5 time defending champs playing it in there intro for years now; along with the fanbase embracing it like we do and playing it all the time tailgating, in Frisco, and in every bar where Bison fans are during games has to worth something, right? I hope something is done.

Maybe someone needs to get Brian Johnson a Bison jersey because he will wear one. He sported a Peyton Manning jersey during the encore.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/t31.0-8/12711079_10153919215789469_1254928837297683474_o.j pg

Bison03
02-10-2016, 03:11 AM
Oh man, that's what I'm taking about! If he wore a Bison jersey singing Thinderstruck, decibel level records would be shattered...and eardrums!

Bison Loaf
02-10-2016, 01:29 PM
Maybe someone needs to get Brian Johnson a Bison jersey because he will wear one. He sported a Peyton Manning jersey during the encore.

So....................you're saying there's a chance.

Latest rumor is that there is going to be an "Old Rockin' Australian Lives Matter" protest this Thursday at the Dome. Might be a good time to make our move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mDcl75xZSaQ

Bison Loaf
02-11-2016, 02:34 PM
BIG day today, people!

All of our West Lot hopes and dreams will be in play today. I can just imagine all the buzz going on in the background.

I'm hopeful, but we did leave a few things on the table:

1. No CDT (Concert Day Thread), although this thread can be used as such.
2. No AC/DC-Bison look-a-like pictures.
3. No WLCSD party planned (West Lot Concert Signing Day).

I'm disappointed in all of you, yet grateful for all the help (just a little purple). If this thing doesn't come to be, we gave it a pretty decent half-assed effort (some would say "toe-to-toe" effort), and I can probably live with that, as long as we still have hockey.

scottietohottie
02-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Who's opening for acdc? Gus Bradley?

Bison03
02-12-2016, 01:32 AM
Waiting for the concert to start, it's going to be awesome. Just shook hands with one of Fargo's finest telling him I was praying for him and all of his boys and thanking him for what they do. So proud of those guys!!

StL Bison Fan
02-12-2016, 01:55 AM
Waiting for the concert to start, it's going to be awesome. Just shook hands with one of Fargo's finest telling him I was praying for him and all of his boys and thanking him for what they do. So proud of those guys!!

Thanks for doing that. Hard day for the whole community.

bisonfanette
02-12-2016, 03:17 AM
Waiting to hear about the concert! And how was Thunderstruck?

Rock
02-12-2016, 12:22 PM
http://www.inforum.com/variety/events/3946377-acdc-not-too-old-rock-n-roll?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Appears the NDSU promo videos were done in private.

bisonp
02-12-2016, 01:08 PM
I see Angus was wearing Bison colors. He doesn't normally wear different colors, does he?

Christopher Moen
02-12-2016, 01:44 PM
I see Angus was wearing Bison colors. He doesn't normally wear different colors, does he?

Wore blue in Denver. I've seen him in red too. Green, I can't recall.

Bison Loaf
02-12-2016, 01:48 PM
http://www.inforum.com/variety/events/3946377-acdc-not-too-old-rock-n-roll?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Appears the NDSU promo videos were done in private.

As is only proper. There were probably a hundred, or so, fans of other teams in the crowd and we wouldn't want the whole concert to erupt into a jealous brawl.

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to say this NEVER happens.

Hope is alive. ;)

Bison Loaf
02-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Waiting to hear about the concert! And how was Thunderstruck?

Unfortunately I missed it, fanette.

Can you believe, I got caught in the middle of a railroad track! I did look around, but by then, there was no turning back. My mind was racing and I thought "Now what can I do?!". But I knew, I knew.................there was no help for me!

Sorry. :)

Bison03
02-12-2016, 05:10 PM
The rock and roll salute and the Bison salute are the same...but when thy played Thunderstruck, there were a lot more hands up showing the horns.

A1pigskin
02-15-2016, 12:41 AM
The rock and roll salute and the Bison salute are the same...but when thy played Thunderstruck, there were a lot more hands up showing the horns.

Cool. Did everyone shout Bison?

BISONBRI53
02-15-2016, 05:26 PM
Sat in section 1 and the whole section was doing the let's go bison clap clap clap. PURP

Bison Loaf
02-17-2016, 04:32 PM
For a while I was thinking (and hoping) that the Bisonville takedown was because it crashed due to an announcement that AC/DC was indeed coming to the West Lot!

Alas, it appears as though that was NOT the case (although there could be a lot of subterfuge going on to hide this news ;)), but I remain optimistic that the NEXT big BV thing will be it! :biggrin:

In the meantime, dammit, I've been............................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EE84Cd7-to&feature=player_embedded

A1pigskin
02-21-2016, 03:55 PM
For a while I was thinking (and hoping) that the Bisonville takedown was because it crashed due to an announcement that AC/DC was indeed coming to the West Lot!

Alas, it appears as though that was NOT the case (although there could be a lot of subterfuge going on to hide this news ;)), but I remain optimistic that the NEXT big BV thing will be it! :biggrin:

In the meantime, dammit, I've been............................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EE84Cd7-to&feature=player_embedded

How about the drummer. Smoking a cig and pounding on the drums at the same time. lol

Bison Loaf
03-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Dammit! Now we need a new school song! And not wanting to bother "The Boys" any more than we have to, lets try to combine the live playing of "Thunderstruck" in the West Lot this fall, with the unveiling of the new school song at the same time. :nod:

But before we can do all that, we need to pick the new school song. "Thunderstruck" is out, as that will remain the intro song.

Here are some choices:

1 If You Want Blood (and a loss), You've Got It
2. Moneytalks (if you schedule us and don't walk)
3. It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Be The Herd)
4. Whioux Made Whioux
5. Are You Ready (for an Ass Kicking)
6. Let's Get It Up (aka "Izzy's Lament")
7. Have A Drink On Me (aka "the West Lot National Anthem")
8. Shake Your Foundations (and your Pom-Poms)
9. (Let's) Play Ball (Y'all) - the special Jacksonville State mix
10. Others.....................?

HerdBoy
03-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Dammit! Now we need a new school song! And not wanting to bother "The Boys" any more than we have to, lets try to combine the live playing of "Thunderstruck" in the West Lot this fall, with the unveiling of the new school song at the same time. :nod:

But before we can do all that, we need to pick the new school song. "Thunderstruck" is out, as that will remain the intro song.

Here are some choices:

4. Whioux Made Whioux

If You Want Blood gets my vote or maybe For Those About To Get Their Butts Kicked (We Salute You).

Bison Loaf
03-04-2016, 06:05 PM
If You Want Blood gets my vote or maybe For Those About To Get Their Butts Kicked (We Salute You).

An instantly-contending, solid entry, HerdBoy. :)

StL Bison Fan
03-04-2016, 06:36 PM

Here are some choices:

4. Whioux Made Whioux

For us old hippies:
Where have all the tickets gone?
Raining Day Woman changed to Rainy Day Tailgate
Smoke on the Endzone

Milkman
03-04-2016, 09:28 PM
If You Want Blood gets my vote or maybe For Those About To Get Rocked (We Salute You). as some would say F'Hawked with your post.

Vet70
03-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Ban Loaf save Bisonville.

Bison Loaf
03-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Ban Loaf save Bisonville.

This must be a deep cut off of a future album. :) I haven't heard it yet (and I hope Tony hasn't either :hide:), therefore I must declare it ineligible for current consideration.

But I hope the video at least has Pom-Poms!

Bison Loaf
03-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Not only do we have to find a new school song, BUT NOW ...............we have to find a new lead singer!! My boys are starting to have more drama (again) than an Bisonville FBS thread! :)

http://news.yahoo.com/ac-dc-singer-feels-kicked-curb-friend-171508805.html

I think we should have karaoke tryouts during the spring game.
In the meantime, this project is starting to become a little bit complicated and problematic. Not the cakewalk I thought it would be. :paperbag:

bisonp
03-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Not only do we have to find a new school song, BUT NOW ...............we have to find a new lead singer!! My boys are starting to have more drama (again) than an Bisonville FBS thread! :)

http://news.yahoo.com/ac-dc-singer-feels-kicked-curb-friend-171508805.html

The lesson here is senior citizens should always wear hearing protection in the Fargodome.

Christopher Moen
03-15-2016, 09:16 PM
The lesson here is senior citizens should always wear hearing protection in the Fargodome.

What? Back in my day sonny boy, we listened to loud music till our ears bled! And we like it!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9N2E93VzQSA/hqdefault.jpg

Bison Loaf
03-15-2016, 09:50 PM

What? Back in my day sonny boy, we listened to loud music till our ears bled! And we like it!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9N2E93VzQSA/hqdefault.jpg

Rep owed to both of you! :)

Meanwhile, I feel sorry for Brian Johnson and his hearing, I really do, but then another part of me wants to grab him AND his doctor and slap them upside the head! I mean, Hell's Bells Man! You agreed to become a member of AC frickin' DC!! What in the hell did you THINK was going to happen?!

But it does create an opportunity for another person. I myself am currently in intense vocal training, abdominal reduction, hair implantation and Viagra therapy. It appears as though, with a little luck, my gravy train may have just arrived! :biggrin:

HerdBoy
03-15-2016, 10:34 PM
For Those About To Go Deaf (We Salute You)?

Christopher Moen
03-16-2016, 01:39 AM
Rep owed to both of you! :)

Meanwhile, I feel sorry for Brian Johnson and his hearing, I really do, but then another part of me wants to grab him AND his doctor and slap them upside the head! I mean, Hell's Bells Man! You agreed to become a member of AC frickin' DC!! What in the hell did you THINK was going to happen?!

But it does create an opportunity for another person. I myself am currently in intense vocal training, abdominal reduction, hair implantation and Viagra therapy. It appears as though, with a little luck, my gravy train may have just arrived! :biggrin:

Hearing lost and Rock 'N' Roll is a serious issue. Paul Stanley of my favorite band has been on a mission the past few years to raise awareness among young people of losing your hearing unnecessarily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2yQHJ0uWY

Bison Loaf
03-16-2016, 07:41 PM
Hearing lost and Rock 'N' Roll is a serious issue. Paul Stanley of my favorite band has been on a mission the past few years to raise awareness among young people of losing your hearing unnecessarily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2yQHJ0uWY

Oh, I agree with you CM, it's just that irony is a bitter form of humor. I also note that Paul, in this clip anyway, didn't come out and advocate that the bands themselves turn down the volume on their speakers and sound systems. ;) (Nor would I, for one, want them too!) :biggrin:

(p.s. I'm a KISS fan too. Hey, why don't you work on getting them to come in and sing "Rock and Roll All Night" live on August 27 in the West Lot.....................just in case of the very miniscule possibility that the AC/DC thing doesn't work out.)

Christopher Moen
03-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Oh, I agree with you CM, it's just that irony is a bitter form of humor. I also note that Paul, in this clip anyway, didn't come out and advocate that the bands themselves turn down the volume on their speakers and sound systems. ;) (Nor would I, for one, want them too!) :biggrin:

(p.s. I'm a KISS fan too. Hey, why don't you work on getting them to come in and sing "Rock and Roll All Night" live on August 27 in the West Lot.....................just in case of the very miniscule possibility that the AC/DC thing doesn't work out.)

I think Paul would do it in a heartbeat as he has a personal relationship with Fargo, but Gene on the other hand, would want a whole lot of cash and cookies. Plus, doesn't it flood every time KISS goes to Fargo? Regardless, I'll mention it to Doc McGee if I see him again wandering around in the crowd at the Frontier Days this summer in Cheyenne, WY.

Bison Loaf
03-17-2016, 01:24 PM
I think Paul would do it in a heartbeat as he has a personal relationship with Fargo, but Gene on the other hand, would want a whole lot of cash and cookies. Plus, doesn't it flood every time KISS goes to Fargo? Regardless, I'll mention it to Doc McGee if I see him again wandering around in the crowd at the Frontier Days this summer in Cheyenne, WY.

So...........you're saying there's a chance!

As for Gene, just tell him there'll be pom-poms. :biggrin:

My goodness gracious, I just don't know WHAT we will ever do if both AC/DC and KISS show up!

Vet70
03-17-2016, 01:47 PM
So...........you're saying there's a chance!

As for Gene, just tell him there'll be pom-poms. :biggrin:

My goodness gracious, I just don't know WHAT we will ever do if both AC/DC and KISS show up!

First it was Meat Loaf, then AC/DC, and now Kiss---who's next, Kid Rock? :facepalm:

Bison Loaf
03-17-2016, 03:07 PM
First it was Meat Loaf, then AC/DC, and now Kiss---who's next, Kid Rock? :facepalm:

Guilty, as charged. And not Kid Rock:sigpalm: but you ARE forgetting about the other Bruuuuuuce. And there is an unsubstantiated rumor in our tailgate that I have a thing for Mick and the Stones, at times. ;)

But wait, don't you have a Barry Manilow concert to rush off to? :biggrin:

I leave you with the immortal words of Bon Scott:

"Nobody's.... playing Manilow
Nobody's..... playing soul
And no one's playing hard to get
Just that good old rock 'n' roll!"

Vet70
03-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Guilty, as charged. And not Kid Rock:sigpalm: but you ARE forgetting about the other Bruuuuuuce. And there is an unsubstantiated rumor in our tailgate that I have a thing for Mick and the Stones, at times. ;)

But wait, don't you have a Barry Manilow concert to rush off to? :biggrin:

I leave you with the immortal words of Bon Scott:

"Nobody's.... playing Manilow
Nobody's..... playing soul
And no one's playing hard to get
Just that good old rock 'n' roll!"

No way in Hades---country please---and I don't mean the country pop junk which, by the way, sucks. I have heard that Peter, Paul and Mary are available for your tailgating crew. :duel:

BISONBRI53
03-17-2016, 05:06 PM
so...........you're saying there's a chance!

As for gene, just tell him there'll be pom-poms. :biggrin:

my goodness gracious, i just don't know what we will ever do if both ac/dc and kiss show up!

rap battle!!!!!!!!!

Bison Loaf
03-25-2016, 07:22 PM

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/t31.0-8/12711079_10153919215789469_1254928837297683474_o.j pg

My gosh, we really screwed the pooch on this golden opportunity in Fargo, people. :facepalm: I humbly accept the blame for everybody, but myself.

So can we please get someone to put a Bison Football jersey on Garth this time, so he can wear it when he sings "The Thunder Rolls" in May? ;) I mean, sheesh, you've got 4 concerts to get it done! The first person that can verify that they personally accomplished this task, will get a genuine, bonafide, specially-autographed "Bison Loaf Rocked My Pom-Poms!" T-shirt this fall in the West Lot during the AC/DC meet-and-greet.

Vet70
03-25-2016, 07:29 PM
I have come to the occlusion that you will do anything---anything---to keep this thread alive. I know your goal is to get as many hits as the Carson thread, but none of us will live that long!

Bison Loaf
03-25-2016, 07:51 PM
I have come to the occlusion that you will do anything---anything---to keep this thread alive. I know your goal is to get as many hits as the Carson thread, but none of us will live that long!

Carson who? :confused: Does this Carson that you speak of have a competing thread someplace around here? Maybe I should check it out.

Need I remind you, however, that when AC/DC actually shows up in the West Lot, this thread is going to blow the cover off the whole dang internet! Then....THEN you're going to wish you were a lot nicer to me (sob, sniff).

In the meantime, you (and TAB) just get back to your corner and continue wishing that you could be me.

bisonmike2
03-25-2016, 08:06 PM
I'll contribute. I would love to see Axl/DC or Guns and DC or whatever they would call AC/DC fronted by Axl Rose.

Bison Loaf
03-25-2016, 09:17 PM
I'll contribute. I would love to see Axl/DC or Guns and DC or whatever they would call AC/DC fronted by Axl Rose.

Nice contribution, bm2, but unfortunately, this thread is generally reserved for completely unsubstantiated rumors, and this piece of news that you share is a bit more substantiated than I like to see. Therefore, I must disallow your contribution entirely. No hard feelings.

I admit, however, that it doesn't help that I'm a little pissed off, frankly, that the boys didn't go for my completely gnarly (is that still a word) recent audition as their lead singer, and they appear to have went with Mr. Rose instead, even if only on a 10-show, fill-in basis.

They said something about my voice sounding like Cyndi Lauper, whatever that means - and that I somehow lacked sex appeal (What, and Axl Rose doesn't?!). I suppose it didn't help that I had no musical rhythm whatsoever (#awfulwhitebisonfrontmen) and I can't play any sort of large instrument that hangs between my legs.

BlueBisonRock
03-25-2016, 09:39 PM
Nice contribution, bm2, but unfortunately, this thread is generally reserved for completely unsubstantiated rumors, and this piece of news that you share is a bit more substantiated than I like to see. Therefore, I must disallow your contribution entirely. No hard feelings.

I admit, however, that it doesn't help that I'm a little pissed off, frankly, that the boys didn't go for my completely gnarly (is that still a word) recent audition as their lead singer, and they appear to have went with Mr. Rose instead, even if only on a 10-show, fill-in basis.

They said something about my voice sounding like Cyndi Lauper, whatever that means - and that I somehow lacked sex appeal (What, and Axl Rose does?!). I suppose it didn't help that I had no musical rhythm whatsoever (#awfulwhitebisonfrontmen) and I can't play any sort of large instrument that hangs between my legs.

You just made the case for Izzy. And he is BAD!

StL Bison Fan
03-25-2016, 09:44 PM
I say we get the Grateful Dead.
If the Stones can dig up keith richards for concerts, they should be able to get Jerry back.

Bison Loaf
03-25-2016, 09:55 PM
I say we get the Grateful Dead.
If the Stones can dig up keith richards for concerts, they should be able to get Jerry back.

I was thinking it might be more appropriate that they sing "Touch of Grey" for the handful of fans at a F'Hawks tailgate. :biggrin:

"I know the rent is in arrears, the dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears, but it's alright (we've still got hockey)
Cow's giving kerosene, kid can't read at seventeen
The words he knows are all obscene, but it's alright (we've still got hockey)

I will get by...... I will get by....... I will get by....... I will survive"

StL Bison Fan
03-25-2016, 10:00 PM
I was thinking it might be more appropriate that they sing "Touch of Grey" for the handful of fans at a F'Hawks tailgate. :biggrin:

"I know the rent is in arrears, the dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears, but it's alright (we've still got hockey)
Cow's giving kerosene, kid can't read at seventeen
The words he knows are all obscene, but it's alright (we've still got hockey)

I will get by...... I will get by....... I will get by....... I will survive"

::bong: .

Christopher Moen
03-26-2016, 08:29 AM
My gosh, we really screwed the pooch on this golden opportunity in Fargo, people. :facepalm: I humbly accept the blame for everybody, but myself.

So can we please get someone to put a Bison Football jersey on Garth this time, so he can wear it when he sings "The Thunder Rolls" in May? ;) I mean, sheesh, you've got 4 concerts to get it done! The first person that can verify that they personally accomplished this task, will get a genuine, bonafide, specially-autographed "Bison Loaf Rocked My Pom-Poms!" T-shirt this fall in the West Lot during the AC/DC meet-and-greet.

Of all the concerts I've been to, the Garth Brooks concert I went to last year at the Pepsi Center was the loudest because of how riled up the crowd got. It was so loud, my ears actually started to hurt. Way more painful than that one time I was in front of a loud speaker at a KISS concert years ago in Cheyenne (https://www.facebook.com/Mr.MajaMojo/videos/419222109468/).

The one thing that amazes me about Garth is that for as much as he runs around (still very athletic for being a former javelin thrower at Oklahoma State), he never gets thin. Trisha must be one heck of a cook when you consider how much he moves around during a concert, sometimes twice a night.

His concert was one of the best life experiences I have ever had. Plus, the women are unbelievable at country concerts compared to rock concerts. So unbelievable that Izzy would struggle contain himself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-bz8VSl_jw&feature=youtu.be

Bison Loaf
04-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Happy April 1st, Bisonville!

As expected, this thread is now rivaling something called the "Carson Wentz" phenomena :confused: for blowing up the internet! (honestly, people, do I really need to use the purple on this thread anymore!), so this is a perfectly appropriate day to update you all on what is happening with our beloved AC-DC project, and dispel some rumors, cheap shots, grumblings and other nasty items I've heard and seen around these interwebs. Here goes.

1. "Loaf is not able to make this happen, and is working on Plan B (a female AC/DC cover band), Plan C (the bagpipes AC/DC guy) and Plan D (a cheerleader routine of Thunderstruck)." Wow. Just wow! I'll have you know that I am Division 1 Classic Rock all the way, and even if I will not contribute monetarily to getting AC/DC to our West Lot, I WILL continue to call all of you visionless JV puds the nasty names that you deserve for not agreeing with or believing in me. In the meantime, contact has been made with the agents of Plan B, Plan C and Plan D. :paperbag:
2. "Loaf is only in this to make himself look good." Is there a question or a problem in there someplace? :facepalm2:

3. "I heard that, by law, there won't be pom-poms involved." I mean, reeaallly? By what law? The law of stupidity? I will only say this: when was the last big Loaf event that DIDN'T involve pom-poms? :nod:

4. "AC/DC will only agree to appear if (1) it is on ESPN Gameday, AND (2) Izzy and Samantha Ponder front the band in a duet of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". Actually, there is a smidgen of truth to this one. Samantha has agreed, but Izzy is holding out for residuals :omfg: and balking at the mandatory mullet.

5. "AC/DC will NEVER appear in the West Lot because Loaf once stole a girlfriend away from Angus Young (reportedly back in 1987, during a Bison off-week)." On the advice of counsel, no comment.

6. "I heard that real, actual lightning and thunder will appear at the exact moment that AC/DC cuts into "Thunderstruck". Finally, a level of sanity around here!

TransAmBison
04-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Happy April 1st, Bisonville!

As expected, this thread is now rivaling something called the "Carson Wentz" phenomena :confused: for blowing up the internet! (honestly, people, do I really need to use the purple on this thread anymore!), so this is a perfectly appropriate day to update you all on what is happening with our beloved AC-DC project, and dispel some rumors, cheap shots, grumblings and other nasty items I've heard and seen around these interwebs. Here goes.

1. "Loaf is not able to make this happen, and is working on Plan B (a female AC/DC cover band), Plan C (the bagpipes AC/DC guy) and Plan D (a cheerleader routine of Thunderstruck)." Wow. Just wow! I'll have you know that I am Division 1 Classic Rock all the way, and even if I will not contribute monetarily to getting AC/DC to our West Lot, I WILL continue to call all of you visionless JV puds the nasty names that you deserve for not agreeing with or believing in me. In the meantime, contact has been made with the agents of Plan B, Plan C and Plan D. :paperbag:
2. "Loaf is only in this to make himself look good." Is there a question or a problem in there someplace? :facepalm2:

3. "I heard that, by law, there won't be pom-poms involved." I mean, reeaallly? By what law? The law of stupidity? I will only say this: when was the last big Loaf event that DIDN'T involve pom-poms? :nod:

4. "AC/DC will only agree to appear if (1) it is on ESPN Gameday, AND (2) Izzy and Samantha Ponder front the band in a duet of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". Actually, there is a smidgen of truth to this one. Samantha has agreed, but Izzy is holding out for residuals :omfg: and balking at the mandatory mullet.

5. "AC/DC will NEVER appear in the West Lot because Loaf once stole a girlfriend away from Angus Young (reportedly back in 1987, during a Bison off-week)." On the advice of counsel, no comment.

6. "I heard that real, actual lightning and thunder will appear at the exact moment that AC/DC cuts into "Thunderstruck". Finally, a level of sanity around here!Admit it...you are the reason Brian Johnson's ears started bleeding. :D

Bison Loaf
04-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Admit it...you are the reason Brian Johnson's ears started bleeding. :D

Plausible………………….but likely unprovable in a court of law. :)

bisonmike2
04-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Is there anything Thunderstruck can't do?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/146868/20160404/scientists-use-ac-dcs-thunderstruck-to-speed-up-cancer-drug-delivery.htm

Bison Loaf
04-16-2016, 11:59 PM
Is there anything Thunderstruck can't do?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/146868/20160404/scientists-use-ac-dcs-thunderstruck-to-speed-up-cancer-drug-delivery.htm

Nice find, BM2! And………...NO. There is absolutely NOTHING that Thunderstruck cannot do.

In fact, here are a few more things Thunderstruck is likely to do in the near future:

1. Add to the football championships at NDSU. (I know, I know, not exactly going out on a limb on this one :innocent:)
2. Be played live in the Fargo Dome West Lot. ;) (BTW, let's agree that the Lots are to be henceforth known as "Thunder Tundra". I mean, c'mon, "Lots E, F, G and H"??!! We can do better than that!)
3. Mentally will itself to be cranked up to ear-busting decibel levels in NDSU fans heads, as an NDSU player walks on stage as the first player taken at the NFL Draft! (That's right, go ahead and pinch yourself anytime. :))
4. Provide funds for a new 35k seat retractable-roof football stadium, after the Band gets disillusioned with Axl Rose, breaks up completely, and bequeaths the royalties of the song to NDSU.
5. Provide the inspiration for someone, ANYONE to develop decent spoons for the damn Dippin' Dots at the Fargo Dome.
6. Begin to magically morph Thunder Tundra tailgater's metabolism to be able to drink all day long and NOT have to use the bathroom even once during the tailgate OR the game.
7. Somehow cause Bison Fans and Bisonvillers to respect knitters and milk drinkers. (Okay, I might have overreached a bit here.)
8. Make UND women look tolerable, other than those times you're in a drunken stupor at closing time. (Gulp……asking a lot on this one!)
9. Become an approved Wedding Day/Bride's March song at all major church denominations.
10. Defeat ISIS, cure Ebola, hold Stephen Curry to under 10 points, stiffen the spine of the French Military, open a free love colony on Mars, and virtually anything else the rest of you can think to put in front of it…….because Thunderstruck IS Just That Powerful.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Rock
04-18-2016, 12:21 AM
Dude, was the fargodome concert simply a meet and greet with Carson and prep for the live performance #1 pick of the draft surprise show?

Bison Loaf
04-18-2016, 02:03 PM
Dude, was the fargodome concert simply a meet and greet with Carson and prep for the live performance #1 pick of the draft surprise show?

I think you are on to something here. My "sources" are indeed telling me that the February AC/DC concert in Fargo was full of intrigue, subterfuge and misdirection.

NFL.com contributor, former Cowboys exec and moonlighting rock critic Gil Brandt called it the greatest concert he has ever seen, yet when push came to shove, he stated he would pick a Justin Bieber concert over AC/DC if he were picking today. ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed that the rock world was "leaning" towards Bieber at this time. Emory Hunt said that when it came to pure unadulterated rock, the clear choice in his circles was the O'Jays.

So yeah, something just doesn't add up here. Let's all keep a sharp eye out.

Bison Loaf
04-26-2016, 04:02 PM
Well, well, well....................it appears that at least one rock icon doesn't think too highly of the Axl Rose thing with AC-DC.

Roger Daltrey Refers to AC/DC Performing with Axl Rose as 'Karaoke'................... http://www.allmediany.com/articles/40177-roger-daltrey-refers-to-acdc-performing-with-axl-rose-as-039karaoke039

Now we just need to decide, Bisonville, are we going to be satisfied with a "karaoke" performance in the West Lot (excuse me, Thunder Tundra) this fall, or do we hold out for the real thing?

Before I put another 1,000 hours of work into this damn project, I need some direction from you, my constituents. All opinions matter here, unless you've never performed with AC-DC before.

Vet70
04-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Well, well, well....................it appears that at least one rock icon doesn't think too highly of the Axl Rose thing with AC-DC.

Now we just need to decide, Bisonville, are we going to be satisfied with a "karaoke" performance in the West Lot (excuse me, Thunder Tundra) this fall, or do we hold out for the real thing?

Before I put another 1,000 hours of work into this damn project, I need some direction from you, my constituents. All opinions matter here, unless you've never performed with AC-DC before.

I don't know that we are quite ready for the big time just yet---just stick to karaoke.

HerdBoy
04-26-2016, 09:32 PM
I am a Bon Scott guy. I hate Axl Rose though. Angus don't do this.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/185_zpswpfamxua.gif

Bison Loaf
04-27-2016, 02:51 PM
I don't know that we are quite ready for the big time just yet---just stick to karaoke.

This is the kind of small-time thinking that got us stuck in this rock-n-roll backwater in the first place! Hell, I would much rather go to a Ratt concert in Laramie, or a Whitesnake concert in Fort Collins, or a Skid Row concert in Ames.................than a karaoke exhibition with Axl Rose and Angus Young in a small-time Fargo tailgating lot. We need to pump it up a notch and start thinking more "big-time" round here.

But...............................thank you for your input. :)

I am a Bon Scott guy. I hate Axl Rose though. Angus don't do this.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/185_zpswpfamxua.gif

I'm a Bon Scott guy too, Herdboy, but he's been dead for 35 frickin' years..........................you have to let it go, man, and move on! We maybe could've had Bon in here way back when, but this pud 19,000 seat arena that we are using now, wasn't even on the drawing board and it wouldn't have been big enough for Bon's greatness anyway! And don't even get me started on what a late-70's tailgating appearance would have been like for the man! :facepalm:

Worst case, we'll work with what we have and make Axl Rose haul his bony ass in here and lip-synch Thunderstruck to an original 1990 Brian-Johnson-sung studio master. :mad: Screw'em! We're the Bison!

HerdBoy
04-27-2016, 06:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzt8AThSDoI

HerdBoy
04-27-2016, 06:36 PM
What is Zach Vraa doing? I understand he listens to hard rock/metal. He can paint maybe he can sing? We can call it VRAAC/DC, you know like Van Hagar.

Bison Loaf
04-27-2016, 07:18 PM
What is Zach Vraa doing? I understand he listens to hard rock/metal. He can paint maybe he can sing? We can call it VRAAC/DC, you know like Van Hagar.

Great idea! And he's the kind of young blood we need here at Thunderstruck Makers. Some people think I'm not doing a very good job in my position as titular head. :sigpalm:

Worst case, we can make Vraa haul his bony ass in here and lip-synch Thunderstruck to an original 1990 Brian-Johnson-sung studio master!!!

StL Bison Fan
04-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Great idea! And he's the kind of young blood we need here at Thunderstruck Makers. Some people think I'm not doing a very good job in my position as titular head. :sigpalm:

Worst case, we can make Vraa haul his bony ass in here and lip-synch Thunderstruck to an original 1990 Brian-Johnson-sung studio master!!!

You remember when he had the long hair.
He looked just like Axl Rose.
May want to send him a hair policy memo.

Bison Loaf
05-01-2016, 02:18 PM
:blush::blush:
Ok. This is a little embarrassing, but it seems I became a bit too excited over this whole Carson Wentz thing the last couple of weeks. I was so enamored with that janitor fella from LA that said Carson was going #1 (you know, the one that photobombed himself at Jeff Fisher's desk in the Rams temporary hotel headquarters) ………………….. that I ended up hiring the guy for Thunderstruck Makers and put him on retainer.

Problem is, I haven't seen or heard "hide nor hair" from him since I quickly wired him the large retainer fee that I so deftly negotiated on our behalf. Gosh, I sure hope he's okay.

Long story short, you can all expect a slight cover charge to your commemorative tailgating passes when AC/DC shows up this fall. :hide:

Vet70
05-01-2016, 04:44 PM
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/4945b6ccf263b96d429d841218ee543a/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/EthenDarkke/TTTWNDv2.gif

HerdBoy
05-01-2016, 07:27 PM
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/4945b6ccf263b96d429d841218ee543a/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/EthenDarkke/TTTWNDv2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CMzc7E06Jc

Bison Loaf
05-02-2016, 01:52 PM

I'd like to have a little "Sunday go to Meeting" talk with you Vet. Completely off the cuff, but from the heart. Don't get upset or take this the wrong way, but it's for your own good..................

We're just talking about the future, forget about the past, it'll always be with us, it's never gonna die.....................NEVER gonna die!
Rock 'n' roll ain't thread pollution, Rock 'n' roll ain't gonna die, Rock 'n' roll ain't Thread pollution, Rock 'n' roll it will survive (yes it will :))

Vet70
05-02-2016, 02:02 PM
I'd like to have a little "Sunday go to Meeting" talk with you Vet. Completely off the cuff, but from the heart. Don't get upset or take this the wrong way, but it's for your own good..................

We're just talking about the future, forget about the past, it'll always be with us, it's never gonna die.....................NEVER gonna die!
Rock 'n' roll ain't thread pollution, Rock 'n' roll ain't gonna die, Rock 'n' roll ain't Thread pollution, Rock 'n' roll it will survive (yes it will :))

Someone hacked my account. :innocent:

Bison Loaf
05-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Someone hacked my account. :innocent:

That's now known as "getting Tunsil-ed". ;)

StL Bison Fan
05-06-2016, 04:53 PM
this is bad

http://www.inforum.com/variety/4026735-axl-rose-make-debut-acdc-portugal

HerdBoy
05-06-2016, 07:11 PM
this is bad

Axl needs to find a new job.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/5555_zpsgosykxy8.gif

HerdBot
05-06-2016, 07:42 PM
this is bad

Kind of weird but it's not like AC/DC is going to find a new singer and on short notice he has the voice to do it. You cant replace Brian Johnson but at least they are trying.

TransAmBison
05-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Kind of weird but it's not like AC/DC is going to find a new singer and on short notice he has the voice to do it. You cant replace Brian Johnson but at least they are trying.Angus played with GNR just a little bit ago and they played Whole Lotta Rosie...sounded pretty good. I would absolutely love to see this show.

Bison Loaf
05-06-2016, 09:04 PM
this is bad

Axl needs to find a new job.

Kind of weird but it's not like AC/DC is going to find a new singer and on short notice he has the voice to do it. You cant replace Brian Johnson but at least they are trying.

During those rare times in which my mind slips the bounds of realistic thought, I envision a scenario that plays out like this:

The Band struggles to "gel" during it's European tour with Axl Rose, and puts in an emergency midnight call to Fargo, ND. After profusely apologizing for the way "a certain someone" was summarily dismissed during secret tryouts, proceeds to beg "that certain someone" to drop what he's doing, jump on a luxury private jet (the flight of which, of course, is tracked on Bisonville) and save the final leg of what could be their final tour.

Angus played with GNR just a little bit ago and they played Whole Lotta Rosie...sounded pretty good. I would absolutely love to see this show.

........and then, when the reconstituted group triumphantly returns to Fargo for a special tailgating performance of Thunderstruck during ESPN's Gameday, those that wanted to see Axl Rose....... will have nobody to blame but themselves when their commemorative "Meet & Greet" invitation and entry pass goes the way of a Championship Bison Illustrated issue on a pissed off F'hawker mailman route!

HerdBoy
05-07-2016, 08:35 PM
OK I have succumbed to Axl Rose as new AC/DC vocalist. My alternate vocalist Zach Vraa is busy at some sort of NFL mini-camp thing. AC/DC>NFL?

Bison Loaf
05-13-2016, 02:56 PM
AC/DC (with Axl Rose) has now released a short video clip from Seville, Spain with "Thunderstruck" as the background song. Have a listen.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-13/ac-dc-seville-spain-concert-review-clip-axl-rose

I don't know. It just doesn't seem to be up to Bison Loaf's overly and perpetually rigid (twss) Thunder Tundra standards, although all the weird looking, potty-mouthed Spaniards they get quotes from........seem to have loved it. (I thought we got rid of all the Spaniards after they bombed us at Pearl Harbor?) Anyway, the Thunderstruck cheerleader routine (backup Plan D) is looking better and better all the time! Maybe we should just stay with our current pud tailgating atmosphere and activities and leave well enough alone.

We will be having an executive Thunderstruck Makers meeting (and pizza & beer social) to discuss this and other special intelligence submitted from the thousands of rumor mongering operatives we've placed all over the world. None of you, of course, are invited to this meeting, but we'll keep you posted on the deliberations..........or not.

In the meantime, I'm surprisingly still somewhat half-assed interested in what you all think about our options for a Thunderstruck performance this fall.

Plan A-1 - AC/DC with Brian Johnson, even if his ears bleed. Period.
Plan A-2 - AC/DC with Axl Rose
Plan A-3 - AC/DC with Bison Loaf, TAB, Herboy or Bison Vet fronting the band.
Plan B - A Female AC/DC cover Band (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZty6_17qe8&feature=player_embedded )
Plan C - The Bagpipes AC/DC Guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sgzZLNwqvdQ)
Plan D - The Thunderstruck Cheerleader Routine (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mV0I41I70z4 )
Plan E - The Thunderstruck Cellos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk&feature=player_embedded)
Plan F - Hillbilly Thunderstruck (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ao-iNPPUc)
Plan G - Kyle Emanuel Thunderstruck (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EHrtiC-bFqE)
Plan H - Jim Breuer AC/DC Impersonations (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YiVI69C2JQM) (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1124610#post1124610)
Plan I - Polka Thunderstruck (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1166507#post1166507)
Plan J - AC/DC on Toy Instruments (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1190585#post1190585
Plan K - Washing Machine Thunderstruck (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1199889#post1199889
Plan L - Hot Girls in Short Dresses playing something on violins.......oh yeah, I remember now.......it needs to be Thunderstruck! (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1201111#post1201111
Plan M - Classy Thunderstruck (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1207567#post1207567
Plan N - Acoustic Guitar Thunderstruck Guy (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1214773#post1214773
Plan O - Tickling Fingers Piano Chick Thunderstruck http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1496340#post1496340

TransAmBison
05-13-2016, 03:08 PM
AC/DC (with Axl Rose) has now released a short video clip from Seville, Spain with "Thunderstruck" as the background song. Have a listen.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-13/ac-dc-seville-spain-concert-review-clip-axl-rose

I don't know. It just doesn't seem to be up to Bison Loaf's overly and perpetually rigid (twss) Thunder Tundra standards, although all the weird looking, potty-mouthed Spaniards they get quotes from........seem to have loved it. (I thought we got rid of all the Spaniards after they bombed us at Pearl Harbor?) Anyway, the Thunderstruck cheerleader routine (backup Plan D) is looking better and better all the time! Maybe we should just stay with our current pud tailgating atmosphere and activities and leave well enough alone.

We will be having an executive Thunderstruck Makers meeting (and pizza & beer social) to discuss this and other special intelligence submitted from the thousands of rumor mongering operatives we've placed all over the world. None of you, of course, are invited to this meeting, but we'll keep you posted on the deliberations..........or not.

In the meantime, I'm surprisingly still somewhat half-assed interested in what you all think about our options for a Thunderstruck performance this fall.

Plan B - A Female AC/DC cover Band ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJczBZgwZCA#t=26 )
Plan C - The Bagpipes AC/DC Guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sgzZLNwqvdQ)
Plan D - The Thunderstruck Cheerleader Routine (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mV0I41I70z4 )If option A-3 was chosen, Brian Johnson's ears would bleed...along with everyone elses as well...

Bison Loaf
05-13-2016, 03:23 PM

If option A-3 was chosen, Brian Johnson's ears would bleed...along with everyone elses as well...

Option A-3a.........no. :smh: Option A-3b...........probably. ;) Option A-3c..............possibly. :confused: Option A-3d...........most definitely! :nod:

Bookem
05-13-2016, 03:32 PM

Plan B - A Female AC/DC cover Band ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJczBZgwZCA#t=26 )
Plan D - The Thunderstruck Cheerleader Routine (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mV0I41I70z4 )

Scratch your plan b for this plan B! Unfortunately they will be in Duluth Aug 27th :bleh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZty6_17qe8

Bison Loaf
05-13-2016, 03:50 PM
Scratch your plan b for this plan B! Unfortunately they will be in Duluth Aug 27th :bleh:

Or is that just a ruse to cover where they REALLY will be that day...:biggrin::biggrin:................ (You must be a newbie to this rumor game. :facepalm2:)

Even so, I currently can neither confirm nor deny that Gameday will be here on the 27th - of which AC/DC wants to piggy back for the extra "pub" (that's what we call it when you're in the "biz") - so Sept. 10th, Oct. 1st, and Oct. 15th remain in play also.

Bookem
05-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Or is that just a ruse to cover where they REALLY will be that day...:biggrin::biggrin:................ (You must be a newbie to this rumor game. :facepalm2:)

Even so, I currently can neither confirm nor deny that Gameday will be here on the 27th - of which AC/DC wants to piggy back for the extra "pub" (that's what we call it when you're in the "biz") - so Sept. 10th, Oct. 1st, and Oct. 15th remain in play also.

Noob I am, I currently can neither confirm or deny that July 23rd I will converse the fall tour schedule with them at this years Moondance!

Bison Loaf
05-13-2016, 04:15 PM
Noob I am, I currently can neither confirm or deny that July 23rd I will converse the fall tour schedule with them at this years Moondance!

Well, in that case, let's do lunch! I'll have my people get a hold of your people. Mum's the word until then! ;)

Vet70
05-13-2016, 05:18 PM

You might as well remove my name from consideration right now. No way would I even consider playing such a small time venue. Let me know when we get accepted into the Big 12 and I might reconsider.

Rock
05-13-2016, 08:35 PM
You might as well remove my name from consideration right now. No way would I even consider playing such a small time venue. Let me know when we get accepted into the Big 12 and I might reconsider.

Reading between the lines here... are you suggesting an AC-DC farewell/NDSU Farewell FCS/Welcome to the Big 12 Concert at Fargodome?

May not have heard accurately but I did overhear another table at a restaurant talking about overhearing something similar to this scenario.

The other table said they heard through the grapevine that Bowlsby only went to Moorhead State to be close to the pulse of NDSU, but not so close as to "let the cat out of the bag." Take that for what you will.

Bowlsby also LOVES AC/DC....

That concert will be SICK using the new video boards.

Vet70
05-14-2016, 12:16 AM
Reading between the lines here... are you suggesting an AC-DC farewell/NDSU Farewell FCS/Welcome to the Big 12 Concert at Fargodome?

May not have heard accurately but I did overhear another table at a restaurant talking about overhearing something similar to this scenario.

The other table said they heard through the grapevine that Bowlsby only went to Moorhead State to be close to the pulse of NDSU, but not so close as to "let the cat out of the bag." Take that for what you will.

You are on the right track. Loaf is missing the mark and it is small timey thinking AC/DC will play in such a chump venue like West parking lot. When we go to the Big 12 and get the new 50,000 seat stadium that would do the trick (the Big 10 would also be acceptable). Actually I was at that table in that restaurant and know for a fact AC/DC has secretly been working on their new album and will start the comeback tour in 2017. The timetable is tight so we had better get the transition moving.

Bison Loaf
05-16-2016, 07:18 PM

You are on the right track. Loaf is missing the mark and it is small timey thinking AC/DC will play in such a chump venue like West parking lot. When we go to the Big 12 and get the new 50,000 seat stadium that would do the trick (the Big 10 would also be acceptable). Actually I was at that table in that restaurant and know for a fact AC/DC has secretly been working on their new album and will start the comeback tour in 2017. The timetable is tight so we had better get the transition moving.

Okay............okay...........settle down, people. The voice of reason has arrived.

There is so much wrong with these posts, I don't know where to start. :facepalm:

First of all, if I didn't know any better, it would seem that some of you continue to be unhappy with my leadership of Thunderstruck Makers. And yet, you are the same people that refuse to volunteer for anything when something comes up. I mean, Hell's Bells, we couldn't even get someone to slap a Carson Wentz jersey on Garth Brooks when he was here for 4 nights, let alone a Zach Vraa jersey on Angus Young!

Secondly, BisonVet, it's not "The West (parking) Lot" anymore. It's "Thunder Tundra". You don't have to work with me, just don't work against me!

Thirdly, I Miss My Chubby (twss :)), you've provided wonderful un-sourced and un-substantiated information here, but have inadvertently outed yourself as a Thunderstruck Maker secret operative, and will somehow need to be "removed" from the field of operation at first opportunity. It's a shame, too. You were damn good at it! Thank goodness that we have provided your family with "accident" insurance.

And finally, how many times do I have to remind you people that we only have enough money for an AC/DC Thunder Tundra appearance OR a move to the Big 12...........not both! And we certainly know which of the two options takes precedence around here. So don't come on here trying to mix the two. It's counter-productive, especially when those of you that are complaining the most are not even contributing monetarily to Thunderstruck Makers, let alone UPPING your spend.

Now.................can we get back to focusing on the task at hand, whatever that is :confused:................oh, right..................AC/DC at tailgating! Thank-you!

TransAmBison
05-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Rumblings I hear is Bison Loaf has lots of ideas, but doesn't know how to implement them. It is time for new leadership. Somebody should call Teammakers.

Bison Loaf
05-16-2016, 09:31 PM
Rumblings I hear is Bison Loaf has lots of <great> ideas (fify), but doesn't know how to implement them. It is time for new leadership. Somebody should call Teammakers.

I choose to focus on only parts of your post (twss). :) One must obviously have thick skin to be in my position (twss #2)! And based on what I read on BV, I'm not worried about anybody actually calling Teammakers. :biggrin:
Speaking of great ideas, I've been working on developing a priority point system for the AC/DC Meet-n-Greet and for all future Officially Sponsored Bison Loaf tmevents. Caution: this points grid is NOT yet final.

Former cheerleader that hasn't let herself go.....................100 pts
...........................................and flirts a lot....................+10 pts
.................and can still rock her Pom-poms.................... +30 pts
A male cheerleader, any age, any condition......................(-50 pts)

A former Bison Football Letter winner................................ 25 pts
..............who played on a Championship team.................+25 pts
....................who is a Hall of Famer................................+25 pts
Anybody who wears bedazzled jeans................................(-75 pts)

Former overall #2 picks in the NFL draft.........................+1,000 pts

Donations to Thunderstruck Makers (per $100).................... 10 pts
....................... and made out to "Bison Loaf"....................+5 pts
...............or cash given directly to Bison Loaf.....................+7 pts
Those that try to influence ThM policy with alcohol...............+5 pts

Milk Drinkers.......................................... ........................(-5 pts)
Knitters.......................................... ...............................(-5 pts)
Old people who can't stand and cheer at games................(-100 pts)
Real Fans who yell at old people, cuss at refs & spill drinks...+15 pts

Current Jacksonville State Marching Band Members.............+35 pts
Gold Star Marching Band Members.....................................+15 pts
If GSMB & accompanied by a former JSU Band Member........+25 pts
Any Other Marching Band Member........................................ 0 pts
People who start and perpetuate "Band" threads on BV........(-15 pts)

Tony.............................................. ...............................+500 pts (yeah, that's a suck up.........what of it!)
The Angry Elf............................................... ..................(-500 pts)

That's all I have, so far. Feel free to send me your own suggestions. We want it to be completely fair for all, and we feel like this is a tremendous start in doing so.

Bison Loaf
05-19-2016, 04:31 PM
"AC/DC Not Retiring", says Drummer Chris Slade
http://1059sunnyfm.cbslocal.com/2016/05/18/acdc-not-retiring/

AC/DC’s drummer Chris Slade has some words for fans worried that their current tour will be the band’s last before co-founder and lead guitarist Angus Young retires the band. “Angus is definitely NOT thinking of retiring,” he wrote online.

Okay, so let's take a little inventory.................the Band is NOT retiring, their current tour finishes on June 12th in Denmark, and former front man Brian Johnson is starting to make some noise..........................

Jim Breuer and AC/DC’s Brian Johnson Team Up for New Single
http://radio.com/2016/05/17/jim-breuer-brian-johnson-new-single/

Comedian Jim Breuer has released a new single titled “Mr. Rock n’ Roll,” which features vocals by AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson. “To me, Brian is the most powerful voice in rock and roll.", Breuer told Rolling Stone.

...................AND there is plenty of time to get this all straightened out before our beloved Thunder Tundra Tailgating opens up this coming fall.

I think we can ALL read the tea leaves here.

HerdBoy
05-20-2016, 05:23 PM
New single? Hokey Pokey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SggV-XFKQ1w

Bison Loaf
05-20-2016, 08:27 PM
New single? Hokey Pokey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SggV-XFKQ1w

Ya know, HerdBoy................if things go "to hell in a hand basket" on this whole wonderful, brilliant Thunderstruck idea and project.............which, by the way, no one in their right mind would ever expect it to.................Breuer and his buddy Brian Johnson become a real possibility for us! Heck, by the time we get everybody all liquored up out in Thunder Tundratm, nobody will be able to tell the difference between Hokey Pokey or Thunderstruck anyway!

At the very least, another added option for us..................is just more added pressure for Angus to sit his ass down at the negotiating table.

HerdBoy
05-20-2016, 08:38 PM
A Jim Breuer and Brian Johnson concert would be an excellent idea Loaf. It would be a blast.

Bison Loaf
05-20-2016, 08:55 PM
A Jim Breuer and Brian Johnson concert would be an excellent idea Loaf. It would be a blast.

JFC!.........Don't you think I know that! Everything that comes out of my mouth is a great idea! Try living with that burden sometime. The pressure of such a fertile mind is practically unbearable!

:confused::confused:
But...............as always, I most humbly thank you for your feedback, best wishes and support. :paperbag: Um, Go Bison?? :biggrin: :hide:

Christopher Moen
05-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Last resort?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

Bison Loaf
05-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Last resort?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

I love the fact that you and HerdBoy are always on the lookout for new and exciting talent, CM! And this act definitely could be in the mix!

We'll designate it as Plan E for right now (not that I'm AT ALL worried about Plan A being able to be pulled off :innocent:) and that doesn't mean that Plan "E" is any less desirable that Plan "B", per se. In fact, if Angus keeps playing mind games with me, I may put the whole thing up for a vote on Plans B through E, or just simply invite the whole damn lot of backup plans (i.e. anyone OTHER than AC/DC) into our tailgating extravaganza! That would teach them to screw with the Bison!

Still too early to go with that nuclear option, however. In the meantime, I want everyone to keep a keen eye out for Thunderstruck or AC/DC-esque talent. We're never going to get to the next level unless we put out feelers and start ASKING for invites!

Bison Loaf
05-25-2016, 06:20 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Secret footage of Bison Loaf's AC/DC tryout. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sy2JHwaLFhk

Dammit, I tried to keep this under wraps, but now that it is out there maybe it'll help in getting Angus to come to the negotiating table for a tailgating appearance this fall. Yes, Brian Johnson was there to graciously help me through the audition, because, as I'm sure you can all imagine, the nerves were stretched a wee bit thin! I'm the guy on the left about midway through the secret tape that completely nails the 2nd verse, oozes substantial amounts of sex appeal, and who looks suspiciously like Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky. I have no idea who the other roadies were.

Admittedly, I may be biased, but there is NO WAY anyone can convince me that this audition wasn't better than Axl Rose. Angus.............it's time to bury the hatchet and do what's right for Bison Nation!!

HerdBoy
05-27-2016, 10:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zktRATmdiI

Time to check in with great Phil Rudd and see what he is doing.

Bison Loaf
05-31-2016, 04:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zktRATmdiI

Time to check in with great Phil Rudd and see what he is doing.

You know what, Boy of the Herd? I kind of forgot about Rudd. :hide: But this could add even more excitement to the entire proceedings.

Rudd is claiming that he is at peace now that his home confinement for trying to have a couple of people whacked, is complete. Philly-boy is claiming that he is not sure he wants back in the band, because "..................is it even AC/DC anymore? No Bon's beautiful voice. No Malcolm. No Brian." http://radio.com/2016/05/16/phil-rudd-acdc/

Hopefully Phil's inner peace lasts, but I'm betting the bloke is still a "Live Wire" underneath.

Crazy idea here (I know, I know, hard to believe), but WHAT IF we got both AC/DC, fronted by Axl Rose.................AND a band slapped together by Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd....................to simultaneaously make a tailgating appearance and fight it out with dueling Thunderstrucks! OMG, I'm getting excited just thinking about it! I mean, who in the hell would have the advantage here? Yes, AC/DC would still have Angus's supremely talented guitar playing, Cliff Williams' rockin' bass, and Chris Slade who actually drummed the original TS recording, BUT................ the as-yet-to-be-named Johnson/Rudd entry would, of course, have Johnson's vocals and Rudd's unique and original hard driving AC/DC beat. Tough call, but I guess we'd just have to let Bison Nation decide who wins our hearts! :)

Or.....................maybe this is just a little more than even someone with my considerable skillsets could ever hope to pull off?

Bison Loaf
06-07-2016, 05:11 PM
"Hell, it's been a whole week already and no updates from Thunderstruck Makers!! Where is the communication!"

Man, if I had a quarter for every time somebody said this to me! :facepalm: It appears as though some of you are telling Bisonvillers to call Thunderstruck Makers every time somebody has a question about AC/DC's appearance in the tailgating lots. Like I really need that kind of stress in my life, right now.

Anywho, rumors are running rampant on the AC-DC front. I'm getting a lot of feedback from strategically placed operatives that Brian Johnson is really putting the heat on Angus to come to the bargaining table in Fargo, by threatening his own return someplace "off the grid" ;). Then, lo and behold, this little piece of negotiating warfare comes out:

AC/DC's Brian Johnson is preparing to be 'Back in Black' soon, thanks to in-ear monitor http://www.ibtimes.co.in/ac-dcs-brian-johnson-preparing-be-back-black-soon-thanks-ear-monitor-681706

At this point, I can neither confirm nor deny that "soon", in actuality, really means "3 months time" in the hard-to-decipher Australian dialect. But I'm working on that.

And, under no circumstances call me!

Bison Loaf
06-16-2016, 01:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f4NXiRB-9U&feature=player_embedded

Okay, here it is people. The last scheduled concert with Axl Rose out front, in Dusseldorf, Germany.

We've got two months to get this all sorted out before GameDay gets here AND our beloved "Thunder Tundra"TM is ablaze with the sounds of live classic rock!

KilldeerBison
06-17-2016, 05:42 PM
https://www.facebook.com/trillie.bike.and.trike/videos/915996088450331/

Hillbilly Thunderstruck! Not AC/DC, but not too bad.

Bison Loaf
06-17-2016, 06:28 PM
https://www.facebook.com/trillie.bike.and.trike/videos/915996088450331/

Hillbilly Thunderstruck! Not AC/DC, but not too bad.

I am only going to say this ONCE, Killdeer.........................................T HIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!! You, sir, are a steely-eyed AC/DC mission man! :bowdown:

:confused::confused:
Waaaaaait a minute.........just wait a doggone minute here...........
Something is not right. This seems a little TOO good, if you ask me! Awwh man, are you using this to attempt an internal coup here at Thunderstruck Makers? Did Angus send you? Et tu, Killdeer?
I tell you what, I admit this is good, very good...............but until I can verify your true intentions here, I'll agree to list it as backup Plan F, but that's as good as you're going to get for now! :):)

(Programming note: Plan F has been added, and I've finally gotten around to changing the specific featured act on Plan B: the Female AC/DC cover band, in deference to my new bestest buddy, Bookem!)
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1123609#post1123609

Bison Loaf
06-21-2016, 08:26 PM
I think the timing of this, right before the fall tailgating season (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), is very interesting, don't you think?

AC/DC Brands "Thunderstruck" Tequila http://loudwire.com/acdc-brand-thunderstruck-tequila/

I'm not sure if we are big tequila drinkers out here in Thunder TundraTM (at least our group isn't :)), but......................is it possible we could be looking at a big, potential "rock n' roll" marketing kickoff campaign here in little old Fargo? Heck, the whole world knows by now that Fargo, and North Dakota in general, are big per capita hooch drinkers. It's about time we capitalized on those thirsty inclinations! :nod:

Who are our tequila drinkers out there?! Stand up and be counted! If there are enough of you, we can add this to our list of demands! ;)

Vet70
06-21-2016, 08:46 PM

Does anyone know how to start a petition to ban AC/DC from Bisonville?

Bison Loaf
06-21-2016, 09:07 PM

I'm assuming that I should put you down as a "no" on the tequila, then? :biggrin:

Rock
06-21-2016, 09:51 PM
I believe an official ban request needs its own thread with title in the proper fire x save y format per Bisonville dictionary.

Bison Loaf
06-21-2016, 10:04 PM
I believe an official ban request needs its own thread with title in the proper fire x save y format per Bisonville dictionary.

He already tried the "Ban Loaf Save Bisonville" trick (technically not proper form either), but the unprecedented and heart-warming groundswell of support that came out for me stopped that in it's tracks.

It also brought a heartfelt tear to my eye.................... and, as it turned out, to his! :)

HerdBoy
06-21-2016, 10:54 PM

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/55852829_zpsefnkxn3n.jpg

If Bisonville can survive the Ebola thread it can survive anything.

Vet70
06-22-2016, 12:11 AM
Okay, it's obvious that many of you have been fooled into believing that AC/DC is going to make an appearance in West Lot. You will "rue" the day that you had faith in Loaf when he fails to deliver on his promise and everyone want revenge. When that day finally arrives be sure and tell me, I know where he tailgates.

bisonfanette
06-22-2016, 01:16 AM
He already tried the "Ban Loaf Save Bisonville" trick (technically not proper form either), but the unprecedented and heart-warming groundswell of support that came out for me stopped that in it's tracks.

It also brought a heartfelt tear to my eye.................... and, as it turned out, to his! :)

"Groundswell of support"... gotta love it! Someone tell me, is this guy like this in REAL life?

Bison Loaf
06-22-2016, 03:55 AM
Okay, it's obvious that many of you have been fooled into believing that AC/DC is going to make an appearance in West Lot. You will "rue" the day that you had faith in Loaf when he fails to deliver on his promise and everyone want revenge. When that day finally arrives be sure and tell me, I know where he tailgates.

In my defense, I never PROMISED that AC/DC was actually coming. I only promised to provide a forum where delicious, unsubstantiated rumors (and the color purple) have the home that they so truly deserve. (sniffle, sniffle :() I've also provided a safe haven on Bisonville where we can all love each other and live in peace, harmony and rock n' roll! :group: "Glory, Glory Hallelujah………………..….his truth is marching on!"

Oh, and Vet……. my dear, dear friend…………….. I had to promise Angus your reserved spot at the patio heater this fall………………..AND your share of the spinach dip. I'm sure you understand! :paperbag:

Bison Loaf
06-22-2016, 04:04 AM
If Bisonville can survive the Ebola thread it can survive anything.

This guy gets it!

(twss)

Vet70
06-22-2016, 12:09 PM
"Groundswell of support"... gotta love it! Someone tell me, is this guy like this in REAL life?

Take my word for it, he is worse, much worse. You are much too kind and trusting. You don't even know him and another thread you agreed when he was misquoting you about how great he is. :facepalm:

Vet70
06-22-2016, 12:33 PM
In my defense, I never PROMISED that AC/DC was actually coming. I only promised to provide a forum where delicious, unsubstantiated rumors (and the color purple) have the home that they so truly deserve. (sniffle, sniffle :() I've also provided a safe haven on Bisonville where we can all love each other and live in peace, harmony and rock n' roll! :group: "Glory, Glory Hallelujah………………..….his truth is marching on!"

Oh, and Vet……. my dear, dear friend…………….. I had to promise Angus your reserved spot at the patio heater this fall………………..AND your share of the spinach dip. I'm sure you understand! :paperbag:

Okay, you never actually "promised" they would appear, but it certainly has been implied. Now you are tripping over your own words and scrambling to cover up your deceit. You had to promise my spot to Angus at your small time tailgate in return for what? How can he take my spot if he is not going to be there? And while we are at it, will your relatives who went to UND be sporting shirts with the new F'Hawks logo this fall? Your continued association with them is a sure sign you are not to be trusted.

Rock
06-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Ac/dc tequila, Fargotown is your market!

In other rumors- I think I heard from a guy who would know, that beer in the dome for Bison games would fully fund everything ever.

Appears from story below Fargodome made $500k profit during the Garth concerts, mainly from beer.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4059117-fargodome-made-more-500000-garth-brooks-concerts#.V2mfFU0hN-M.twitter

Bison Loaf
06-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Ac/dc tequila, Fargotown is your market!

In other rumors- I think I heard from a guy who would know, that beer in the dome for Bison games would fully fund everything ever.

Appears from story below Fargodome made $500k profit during the Garth concerts, mainly from beer.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4059117-fargodome-made-more-500000-garth-brooks-concerts#.V2mfFU0hN-M.twitter

Yeah, half a mil on "just" beer alone! Imagine how much "we" could make on Thunderstruck Tequila!!!!

I've got a team of crack number crunchers feverishly working on the business model as we speak.

Bison Loaf
06-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Hey everybody! I just got done spending about $75,000 of our funds for a new logo for Thunderstruck Makers. I think it was a steal, and, if I may say so myself…………………………..another "home run" decision by yours truly!!

So, without any further ado, I am so very proud to announce the NEW Thunderstruck Makers Logo!!! Have a look:

Let me know what you think! :judges:

Bison Loaf
06-24-2016, 01:18 AM
FAQ about the new Thunderstruck Makers logo.

Why is there no color? Color is expensive and would have cost much more that the 75k actually spent. Besides, "no color" is clean, crisp and goes with everything. We were also very concerned about excluding those that are color-blind.

Why did it cost so much? We wanted to go with a very professional look and professionals don't come cheap. In addition, in order to ensure buy-in from our Thunderstruck Makers stakeholders, we appointed a committee of 526 (give or take) trusted people to steer this important process. Lunch breaks alone for a commitee that size cost nearly 25k, but the results achieved on full stomachs is clearly evident and speaks for itself.

Who paid for this logo? The kind people of the great State of North Dakota paid for it with in-kind legislative appropriations. But let's keep that between friends, shall we.

What is the significance of the wide top and the unconnected lines? In a nutshell, it's about history and tradition. The unconnected lines represent openness and inclusion, and reject hostility and abusiveness. It also would have cost much more to actually connect them. The wide top signifies the wide berth of influence that we think that we carry. We like to consider ourselves the "flagship" of the song "Thunderstruck", and feel that if we say it enough times, people will actually start to believe it.

Why did it take so long to come up with a logo? We felt that this was going to drive huge demand out in the market place and be an obvious big money maker. Therefore, we needed to give time to the big retailers and manufacturers - such as Nike, Gatorade and Calvin Klein - to gear up for mass production.

Can I use this without a license? Yea, sure.

Can I be on the committee that picks the committee that will choose a mascot? No.

Rock
06-24-2016, 03:07 AM
I like it, already have an additional alternate idea

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160624/d764aad3ada083d729e8922981998978.jpg

Bison Loaf
06-24-2016, 12:47 PM
……………...already have an additional alternate idea

As usual, excellent work Chubs, but I think your alternate logo is a little ahead of it's time.

It probably needs at least 2 years of multiple committee work and just enough time to slog it's way through legal battles with the "powers that be".

I'm thinking it would be perfect if it was ready by ………..oh let's just pick a tentative, arbitrary date…………of say Sept. 7, 2019?

Vet70
06-24-2016, 01:08 PM
As usual, excellent work Chubs, but I think your alternate logo is a little ahead of it's time.

It probably needs at least 2 years of multiple committee work and just enough time to slog it's way through legal battles with the "powers that be".

I'm thinking it would be perfect if it was ready by ………..oh let's just pick a tentative, arbitrary date…………of say Sept. 7, 2019?

I totally disagree, Chubbs has nailed it. What is possibly better than saying we're number one?

HerdBoy
06-26-2016, 03:07 AM
FAQ about the new Thunderstruck Makers logo.

Why is there no color? Color is expensive and would have cost much more that the 75k actually spent. Besides, "no color" is clean, crisp and goes with everything. We were also very concerned about excluding those that are color-blind.

Why did it cost so much? We wanted to go with a very professional look and professionals don't come cheap. In addition, in order to ensure buy-in from our Thunderstruck Makers stakeholders, we appointed a committee of 526 (give or take) trusted people to steer this important process. Lunch breaks alone for a commitee that size cost nearly 25k, but the results achieved on full stomachs is clearly evident and speaks for itself.

Who paid for this logo? The kind people of the great State of North Dakota paid for it with in-kind legislative appropriations. But let's keep that between friends, shall we.

What is the significance of the wide top and the unconnected lines? In a nutshell, it's about history and tradition. The unconnected lines represent openness and inclusion, and reject hostility and abusiveness. It also would have cost much more to actually connect them. The wide top signifies the wide berth of influence that we think that we carry. We like to consider ourselves the "flagship" of the song "Thunderstruck", and feel that if we say it enough times, people will actually start to believe it.

Why did it take so long to come up with a logo? We felt that this was going to drive huge demand out in the market place and be an obvious big money maker. Therefore, we needed to give time to the big retailers and manufacturers - such as Nike, Gatorade and Calvin Klein - to gear up for mass production.

Can I use this without a license? Yea, sure.

Can I be on the committee that picks the committee that will choose a mascot? No.

Angus approves.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/Angus-Young-SG.aspx

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/Splash-04_zpsuaoux1fk.jpg

Bison Loaf
06-26-2016, 05:03 PM
Angus approves.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/Angus-Young-SG.aspx

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/Splash-04_zpsuaoux1fk.jpg

Damn it…..that's OUR logo!! That sneaky little copycat!!! Just look at those fingerboard inlays! It sure didn't take long for him and Gibson to latch on to the Thunderstruck Makers teet!

On the other hand……….this could be a good sign. A very good sign indeed! It would seem that there's now only one logical place in the world to debut both Thunderstruck Tequila and the "Thunderstruck Makers" guitar!! :)

Bison Loaf
06-29-2016, 08:23 PM
My dear friends:

I'm going to be on vacation for the next couple of weeks, and boy is it needed!! Just look at all the things that we have accomplished so far this off-season:

Off-Season Checklist

A new AC/DC - NDSU school song is discussed and debated.....................Check................ http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1106724#post1106724
Brian Johnson's forced retirement is discussed and debated...................Check................. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1110195#post1110195
The perils of unprotected Rock and Roll (for the ear) is analyzed............Check................... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1110243#post1110243
A new F'nHawks tailgate song is offered........................................... .......Check........................ http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1112695#post1112695
The megasuper powers of "Thunderstuck" is documented and analyzed...Check................. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1114517#post1114517
Discussion of who goes #1 in this year's tailgating draft..........................Check.............. ......... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1117999#post1117999
The merits of Axl Rose as lead singer of AC/DC are discussed.................Check................... .....http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1120252#post1120252
New personnel for Thunderstruck Makers are hired.....................................Check... .................... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1121577#post1121577
Emergency back-up acts are all cued up and ready to go...........................Check................ ........... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1123609#post1123609
The funds for AC/DC or "moving to the Big 12" are debated........................Check.............. ...... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1123671#post1123671
Thunderstruck Makers priority point system is put in place........................Check................ ........ http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1124062#post1124062
The medicinal purposes of 'Thunderstruck Tequila' is analyzed.................Check.................... .. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1128399#post1128399
A new beloved Thunderstruck Makers logo is put in place.........................Check............... ....... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1128837#post1128837
An alternate ThM logo is sent to committee......................................... .. Check..................... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1128871#post1128871

And there is still lots to do when I get back!! ;) Until then..................Stay Strong and Live Purple!!

StL Bison Fan
06-29-2016, 08:41 PM
My dear friends:

I'm going to be on vacation for the next couple of weeks, and boy is it needed!! Just look at all the things that we have accomplished so far this off-season:

Off-Season Checklist

A new AC/DC - NDSU school song is discussed and debated.....................Check................ http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1106724#post1106724
Brian Johnson's forced retirement is discussed and debated...................Check................. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1110195#post1110195
The perils of unprotected Rock and Roll (for the ear) is analyzed............Check................... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1110243#post1110243
A new F'nHawks tailgate song is offered........................................... .......Check........................ http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1112695#post1112695
The megasuper powers of "Thunderstuck" is documented and analyzed...Check................. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1114517#post1114517
Discussion of who goes #1 in this year's tailgating draft..........................Check.............. ......... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1117999#post1117999
The merits of Axl Rose as lead singer of AC/DC are discussed.................Check................... .....http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1120252#post1120252
New personnel for Thunderstruck Makers are hired.....................................Check... .................... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1121577#post1121577
Emergency back-up acts are all cued up and ready to go...........................Check................ ........... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1123609#post1123609
The funds for AC/DC or "moving to the Big 12" are debated........................Check.............. ...... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1123671#post1123671
Thunderstruck Makers priority point system is put in place........................Check................ ........ http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1124062#post1124062
The medicinal purposes of 'Thunderstruck Tequila' is analyzed.................Check.................... .. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1128399#post1128399
A new beloved Thunderstruck Makers logo is put in place.........................Check............... ....... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1128837#post1128837
An alternate ThM logo is sent to committee......................................... .. Check..................... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1128871#post1128871

And there is still lots to do when I get back!! ;) Until then..................Stay Strong and Live Purple!!

what have you done about the pretzels and the damn dipping dot spoons????????

Bison Loaf
06-29-2016, 08:59 PM
what have you done about the pretzels and the damn dipping dot spoons????????

Everything always has to be perfect with you, doesn't it! :)

KilldeerBison
06-29-2016, 09:09 PM
Hey everybody! I just got done spending about $75,000 of our funds for a new logo for Thunderstruck Makers. I think it was a steal, and, if I may say so myself…………………………..another "home run" decision by yours truly!!

So, without any further ado, I am so very proud to announce the NEW Thunderstruck Makers Logo!!! Have a look:

Let me know what you think! :judges:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/5d84dbc6-856e-4f6e-9d8b-78133d9d69c7_zpsh2qf5q3z.png (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/phedger/media/5d84dbc6-856e-4f6e-9d8b-78133d9d69c7_zpsh2qf5q3z.png.html)

Loaf, you may want to copy right your creation. With a few hundred thousand dollars (drop in the UND bucket), I'm sure that it could be made to look like a fighting hawk.

Bison Loaf
06-29-2016, 09:20 PM
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/5d84dbc6-856e-4f6e-9d8b-78133d9d69c7_zpsh2qf5q3z.png (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/phedger/media/5d84dbc6-856e-4f6e-9d8b-78133d9d69c7_zpsh2qf5q3z.png.html)

Loaf, you may want to copy right your creation. With a few hundred thousand dollars (drop in the UND bucket), I'm sure that it could be made to look like a fighting hawk.

My Gosh! Do we have talented, brilliant people around here................or what?!!!

Thanks for the tip, Killdeer. I'll get right on it after vacation. I think that'll be soon enough because, from what I hear, they seem to be in love with the new logo they just got!

Green1
06-29-2016, 10:43 PM
My Gosh! Do we have talented, brilliant people around here................or what?!!!

Thanks for the tip, Killdeer. I'll get right on it after vacation. I think that'll be soon enough because, from what I hear, they seem to be in love with the new logo they just got!

Hold on for one minute there mister! You can't leave on vacation when we are right in the middle of this endeavor! Where will we go for our daily update? Who will make crucial decisions for us? I am flabbergasted at the turn of these events. :ranting:

KilldeerBison
06-29-2016, 11:15 PM

Your logo could also appeal to Costal Carolina, I suggest you contact a lawyer to protect your design.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/9b38b3ce-e746-4f34-8748-1bc3d2f9edbe_zpsp6cbahr5.png (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/phedger/media/9b38b3ce-e746-4f34-8748-1bc3d2f9edbe_zpsp6cbahr5.png.html)

HerdBoy
07-08-2016, 02:36 AM
What next? Longtime bassist Cliff Williams retires from AC/DC. I wonder who his replacement will be? We need to get on this Thunderstruck Makers.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dcs-cliff-williams-im-backing-off-touring-and-recording-20160707

Green1
07-08-2016, 04:25 AM
What next? Longtime bassist Cliff Williams retires from AC/DC. I wonder who his replacement will be? We need to get on this Thunderstruck Makers.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dcs-cliff-williams-im-backing-off-touring-and-recording-20160707

Bison Loaf goes on vacation and see what happens.... AC/DC falls apart, UND makes the playoffs (according to thebigund), dogs and cats living together..... in other words, Mass Hysteria!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

Bison Loaf
07-08-2016, 03:40 PM
So…………while I'm on vacation, which I had to cut from two weeks to one week after a slight misunderstanding over a "clothing-optional" beach (turns out it wasn't) and an inconvenient, but comfortable stay in the pokey…………. I get a surprise, unannounced job review from the State Board of Higher Tailgating about my job performance!

Needless to say, the review was exemplary on all counts…………..except for this little ding…………………..

"Based on the abysmal and embarrassing atmosphere at a Fawkers tailgate, it appears that there has been no collaboration or cooperation from Thunderstruck Makers with our good neighbors to the north. We want to remind Mr. Loaf that we are all one North Dakota (except there can only be one flagship, of course) and it is in everyone's best interest to get along and do what's best for the people of this great State (unless it has to do with hockey). We recommend that Thunderstruck Makers begin, immediately, making a good-faith attempt at helping raise the Fawker tailgate experience to, at a bare minimum, an NAIA level within the coming year."

And to that I said (respectfully, of course),"That will happen……………...when monkeys fly out of my butt!" (which, in my defense, after a day of tailgating in our great atmoshpere……………is not really that far-fetched. :biggrin:)

Long story short………………..my contract renewal is on double, secret probation until sometime in November.

Rock
07-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Instead of add to the faux Hawks tailgating experience, wouldn't it be easier to destroy your own?

Christopher Moen
07-08-2016, 09:35 PM

Oh no, not the bass player! Hopefully, they don't lose the trout player too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmCUicx-uQ

Bison Loaf
07-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Instead of add to the faux Hawks tailgating experience, wouldn't it be easier to destroy your own?
A cynic might suggest that this was the whole point in delaying my contract renewal. :paperbag: But………………. you didn't hear that from me. I'm already in enough trouble! :innocent:

Have you called them!!!

Actually, members of Thunderstruck Makers and loyal readers of this thread, like HerdBoy, already completely understand (and have gotten the text) that the band mates are dropping like flies because they ALL want to get to Fargo this fall and tailgate!!!

God bless you, Cliff Williams!!! Keep fighting the good fight!!!

Bison Loaf
07-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Oh no, not the bass player! Hopefully, they don't lose the trout player too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmCUicx-uQ

So, CM………………we're 49 days out from the start of the season. You've still got KISS waiting on the bat phone in case of a last second emergency, don't you?!

But remember, only if they bring Ace Frehley and Peter Criss back. I'm not going to let those guys nickel and dime me like AC/DC is doing!

EC8CH
07-09-2016, 09:52 PM
http://youtu.be/EHrtiC-bFqE

Forget AC/DC...

If Kyle Emanuel could come out and play Thunderstruck live for the Bison Intro, I could die a happy Bison fan knowing I've seen the most awesomest sight possible on this earth. Imagine this...

Place: FargoDome
Time: Season Opener moments before Kickoff

As usually the lights drop, phones begin to flash green and gold, and the crowd roars to life. Everyone in the Dome turns to the new massive HD screens to witness the gloriousness of the Bison Intro flash on their millions of pixels (except PL, he's like "meh" :p). As the seconds tick by nothing happens and the crowd noise begins to silence. Concerned fans turn to one another and ask if something is wrong? Just then the spotlights zero in on a single person standing on the 50 yard line. As they watch the figure slowly walk out to centerfield, one by one they begin to notice the #53 Bison Jersey and the person wearing it is Kyle Emanuel. The crowd roars back to life and reaches a crescendo just as he reaches a microphone stand sitting in the center of the field. He pauses for a long moment allowing the astonished crowd to quiet back down once again. When finally the Dome has reached a pin drop silence, he leans slowly into the microphone and says, "Bison Nation... this ones for you". With all the quickness of a blitzing NFL linebacker, he kicks over the mic stand and swings an electric guitar emblazed with a neon glowing Bison over his shoulder. As the opening riffs of Thunderstruck begin to shred off of the guitar strings the video boards of the Dome come to life displaying the epic plays of Bison history in a High Definition glory and scale the awestruck fans in attendance have never before imagined. As the Championship banner slowly begins to rise, Middle aged men begin to scream like 13 year old girls at a Taylor Swift concert, knitters start taking shots of Fireball in the stands, Anish Shroff rips open his shirt revealing a "I heart Bison" tattoo emblazed across his chest to an enthralled ESPN audience. As the banner reaches it perch amongst the rafters of the FargoDome, and Emanuel slows to the finale of Thunderstruck, fireworks erupt as the Bison storm the field. The season to chase a sixth straight National Championship has finally begun.

Bison Loaf
07-10-2016, 05:22 AM
http://youtu.be/EHrtiC-bFqE

Forget AC/DC...

If Kyle Emanuel could come out and play Thunderstruck live for the Bison Intro, I could die a happy Bison fan knowing I've seen the most awesomest sight possible on this earth. Imagine this...

Place: FargoDome
Time: Season Opener moments before Kickoff

As usually the lights drop, phones begin to flash green and gold, and the crowd roars to life. Everyone in the Dome turns to the new massive HD screens to witness the gloriousness of the Bison Intro flash on their millions of pixels (except PL, he's like "meh" :p). As the seconds tick by nothing happens and the crowd noise begins to silence. Concerned fans turn to one another and ask if something is wrong? Just then the spotlights zero in on a single person standing on the 50 yard line. As they watch the figure slowly walk out to centerfield, one by one they begin to notice the #53 Bison Jersey and the person wearing it is Kyle Emanuel. The crowd roars back to life and reaches a crescendo just as he reaches a microphone stand sitting in the center of the field. He pauses for a long moment allowing the astonished crowd to quiet back down once again. When finally the Dome has reached a pin drop silence, he leans slowly into the microphone and says, "Bison Nation... this ones for you". With all the quickness of a blitzing NFL linebacker, he kicks over the mic stand and swings an electric guitar emblazed with a neon glowing Bison over his shoulder. As the opening riffs of Thunderstruck begin to shred off of the guitar strings the video boards of the Dome come to life displaying the epic plays of Bison history in a High Definition glory and scale the awestruck fans in attendance have never before imagined. As the Championship banner slowly begins to rise, Middle aged men begin to scream like 13 year old girls at a Taylor Swift concert, knitters start taking shots of Fireball in the stands, Anish Shroff rips open his shirt revealing a "I heart Bison" tattoo emblazed across his chest to an enthralled ESPN audience. As the banner reaches it perch amongst the rafters of the FargoDome, and Emanuel slows to the finale of Thunderstruck, fireworks erupt as the Bison storm the field. The season to chase a sixth straight National Championship has finally begun.

Dammit people!! Why am I always the last to know about the talent that is right under our nose!!

Emanuel immediately becomes backup Plan G…….....and only a "backup" just because the one and only possibility of him fulfilling your very vivid (and, quite frankly, a little bit scary and concerning :)) imagination is on October 15th………...well after the Banner Raising, GameDay and AC/DC themselves have come and gone.

However, congratulations go out to you as "the committee" has awarded you 25 ThM meet-n-greet priority points for such a fine example of thinking outside the box.

Unfortunately, I personally had to dock you 100 priority points for actually uttering the words "Forget AC/DC".

EC8CH
07-10-2016, 05:46 AM
Don't judge me... it's the off season.

Christopher Moen
07-10-2016, 10:18 AM
So, CM………………we're 49 days out from the start of the season. You've still got KISS waiting on the bat phone in case of a last second emergency, don't you?!

But remember, only if they bring Ace Frehley and Peter Criss back. I'm not going to let those guys nickel and dime me like AC/DC is doing!

Soooo you're saying in a kind way that KISS really isn't an option.

Vet70
07-10-2016, 11:53 AM
[B]Unfortunately, I personally had to dock you 100 priority points for actually uttering the words "Forget AC/DC".

The worm is turning.

Bison Loaf
07-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately, I personally had to dock you 100 priority points for actually uttering the words "Forget AC/DC".

The worm is turning.

I fear you've been listening to our delusional guest poster from the north again. ;)

Vet70
07-10-2016, 05:31 PM
I fear you've been listening to our delusional guest poster from the north again. ;)

Keep it up and you will be a candidate for the rue. :biggrin:

HerdBoy
07-10-2016, 06:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=43&v=EHrtiC-bFqE

No Thunderstruck? KE plays a hair metal ballad instead? Looks like he upgraded to a Dodge Ram pickup. Good for him.

Bison Loaf
07-10-2016, 09:57 PM

Wow! You, Gene and Angus can really hold a grudge! :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=43&v=EHrtiC-bFqE

No Thunderstruck? Plays a hair metal ballad instead?

Relax! "Once a Thunderstruck Maker, Always a Thunderstruck Maker". :nod: Kyle will come through when and if we need him!

What I'm more concerned about is making sure that lovely reporter gets a complimentary meet-n-greet pass as the personally escorted companion of the ThM Executive Director. ;) Uh…..for the excellent story on Kyle, of course. :innocent:

Christopher Moen
07-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Wow! You, Gene and Angus can really hold a grudge! :eek:

Nope, no grudge. I just know between Ace quitting the band (twice), Peter letting his attorney getting involved and the substance abuse between the two, there's a "reason" why the original four are not playing together anymore.

For the record, Space Ace was my favorite growing up. Now, it's the Star Child due to Paul being personally responsible for the band surviving nearly 45 years, including getting past Gene's ego. Going to be interesting when Paul and Gene replace themselves in a few years.

Bison Loaf
07-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Already speculation and rumors about who is going to replace bassist Cliff Williams with AC/DC.................. and this is just the place for it!

Top 10 Candidates To Replace Cliff Williams as AC/DC's Bassist........................http://www.alternativenation.net/top-10-candidates-to-replace-cliff-williams-as-acdcs-bassist/

I'm sorry, but I will not be endorsing any of these candidates! (Wait! does this count as political discourse on BV?)

It also looks like I have some push ups to do, maybe a few sit ups, loosen up the old vocal chords a bit, and possibly pluck an extra string or two in anticipation of another tryout for a position that I'm sure I'll get screwed out of again!!! I mean.......how the hell hard can it be?! Their songs all sound the same!! I just don't know where I'm going to find the time, though.

But.......(sigh)............if it's going to help get your beloved boys in here to sing Thunderstruck this fall, I'll make the sacrifice. :uhyeah: God Bless Me, everyone.

Vet70
07-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Already speculation and rumors about who is going to replace bassist Cliff Williams with AC/DC.................. and this is just the place for it!

I'm sorry, but I will not be endorsing any of these candidates! (Wait! does this count as political discourse on BV?)

It also looks like I have some push ups to do, maybe a few sit ups, loosen up the old vocal chords a bit, and possibly pluck an extra string or to in anticipation of another tryout for a position that I'm sure I'll get screwed out of again!!! I mean.......how the hell hard can it be?! Their songs all sound the same!! I just don't know where I'm going to find the time, though.

But.......(sigh)............if it's going to help get your beloved boys in here to sing Thunderstruck this fall, I'll make the sacrifice. :uhyeah: God Bless Me, everyone.

No, if you get the job God had better bless us.:eeek: And now you've done it, not only talking about politics, but also religion.

Bison Loaf
07-12-2016, 05:09 PM
And now you've done it, not only talking about politics, but also religion.

Politics, religion.................sex, drugs, rock 'n roll!!! I live on the edge, baby, with no fear!

(Except for that friggin' angry elf..........he scares the bejeebers out of me! :omfg:)

Bison Loaf
07-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Despite all the drama and issues they've been having...................it appears that our boys still have some sizeable clout!!

AC/DC Tops Rock Earning Chart With $67.5 Million........................................... http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-13/ac-dc-forbes-earning-chart-2016-rolling-stones-bruce-springsteen-paul-mccartney-u2-muse

Damn, I might just have to wear a little more humility when it comes to the next negotiation session for a Thunder TundraTM appearance! :uhyeah:

Well played, Angus, well played indeed. :bowdown:

Rock
07-15-2016, 05:25 PM
You know the secret to huge earnings?

AC/DC does... And it is an excellent opening act that follows a theme, lending value to you the ultimate brand.

Word on the street is the second biggest brand band in college football- Big and Rich who play the intro to College Gameday are playing Minot on the same speculative date for college Gameday Fargo....

You fill in the blanks, too obvious to require elaboration.

Bison Loaf
07-16-2016, 07:37 PM

AC/DC does... And it is an excellent opening act that follows a theme, lending value to you the ultimate brand.

Word on the street is the second biggest brand band in college football- Big and Rich who play the intro to College Gameday are playing Minot on the same speculative date for college Gameday Fargo....

Here's a little "inside baseball" for all of you wanting to know the secret to my great success. I always fall back to a handful of bedrock foundational concepts when deciding whether or not a project is something Thunderstruck Makers wants to be involved in.
Those concepts are:

#1. How will I personally get all the credit for something that goes spectacularly right, and more importantly, how can I pass the blame onto someone else if anything goes terribly wrong.
#2. How does the project enhance the continued use, enjoyment, legend and mystical powers of the song "Thunderstruck".
#3. How does the project enhance the overall Thunder Tundra™ tailgating experience with regards to more and varied types of alcohol usage.
#4. How does the project promote and enhance the use, enjoyment, jigglyness and overall suppleness of larger pom-poms, seen and handled much more often.
#5. How does the project get us into the damn Big 12 more quickly, and for little to no additional dollars.

So……... if Big and Rich can (1) contribute to those 5 seminal concepts that we ALL should be living by out in Thunder Tundra™, AND (2) play "2nd fiddle" to AC/DC at all times while on the premises, and (3) voucher off any and all expenses to ESPN's GameDay………………………………….then I welcome them with open arms!

HerdBoy
07-17-2016, 12:24 AM

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/b20693ab-af93-4407-8e06-ea30589b5fbe_zpsnr43futc.png

Bison Loaf
07-19-2016, 05:28 AM
Gene weighs in on Axl and AC/DC............................................http ://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gene-simmons-praises-axl-rose-acdc-pairing-i-think-its-great/

Simmons is a one hell of a smart businessman and master at disguise and deception. He could very well be positioning himself and his boys to get in on our tailgating action, now that Big & Rich have somehow insinuated themselves into the mix! :)

Bison Loaf
07-19-2016, 05:54 AM

Looks like you were right, CM. Extra meet 'n greet priority points for you! ;)

Here it is, straight from the demon's mouth. (He also refers to AC/DC's changing lineups)

Gene Simmons says there will never be a KISS reunion with the original lineup...........................http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/gene-simmons-says-will-never-kiss-reunion-original-lineup/

Christopher Moen
07-19-2016, 06:11 AM
Looks like you were right, CM. Extra meet 'n greet priority points for you! ;)

Here it is, straight from the demon's mouth. (He also refers to AC/DC's changing lineups)

Bon Scott was a terrible example to use comparing how the two bands have changed line-ups over the years. Dave Evans would have been better because of that being alive thing.

Can't believe those guys are rocking Colorado Springs tonight while I'm in town rocking the Westside of the FargoDome floor with my little video and music show (that somehow involves wrestling). How dare they not be in tuned with my work schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW5X-kNNUr4&feature=youtu.be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison Loaf
07-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Bon Scott was a terrible example to use comparing how the two bands have changed line-ups over the years. Dave Evans would have been better because of that being alive thing

Yeah, I agree (but I've always liked Gene, and loved his show "Family Jewels".). I also had to chuckle when he said, "When you go see AC/DC, do you think anybody stands up and says, ‘Where’s Bon Scott?'”

Gene obviously doesn't know HerdBoy!!! :)

HerdBoy
07-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I agree (but I've always liked Gene, and loved his show "Family Jewels".). I also had to chuckle when he said, "When you go see AC/DC, do you think anybody stands up and says, ‘Where’s Bon Scott?'”

Gene obviously doesn't know HerdBoy!!! :)

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/44_zps5z0xvvqx.jpg

Numero uno.

Bison Loaf
07-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Why is this video coming out now?! Is it an attempt to influence the delicate and tense negotiations at the final hour? :fight:

AC/DC's Angus Young Handles a Heckler.......................http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/acdcs-angus-young-handles-a-heckler-during-bad-boy-boogie/59009

On a completely unrelated note :hide:, I've started to call Angus "sir". Things are going a lot better now.

Bison Loaf
07-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Dammit!! Now there appears to be all kinds of unrest among the faithful about the amount of time it is taking Thunderstruck Makers..............and by extension I suppose :confused:, me?.................in getting things done around here! Man do I HATE the off-season!!

Alright. You want some tangible action, here it is, people. I'd been saving this for a more appropriate time, but in order to get people OFF MY BACK, I'll throw it out there now. Your apologies are accepted in advance.

"Hear ye, Hear ye................Thunderstruck Makers announces that there will be a major announcement, announced majorly, on this thread, .................... within the next few hours, days, months or years. If you are a member in good standing of the Thunderstruck Makers inner circle, you can expect a secret text a few minutes before the official major announcement is announced."

Let the speculation begin.

HerdBoy
07-24-2016, 02:07 AM
Dammit!! Now there appears to be all kinds of unrest among the faithful about the amount of time it is taking Thunderstruck Makers..............and by extension I suppose :confused:, me?.................in getting things done around here! Man do I HATE the off-season!!

Alright. You want some tangible action, here it is, people. I'd been saving this for a more appropriate time, but in order to get people OFF MY BACK, I'll throw it out there now. Your apologies are accepted in advance.

"Hear ye, Hear ye................Thunderstruck Makers announces that there will be a major announcement, announced majorly, on this thread, .................... within the next few hours, days, months or years. If you are a member in good standing of the Thunderstruck Makers inner circle, you can expect a secret text a few minutes before the official major announcement is announced."

Let the speculation begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rLqPtZUWJI

Rock
07-24-2016, 03:54 AM
Why is this video coming out now?! Is it an attempt to influence the delicate and tense negotiations at the final hour? :fight:

On a completely unrelated note :hide:, I've started to call Angus "sir". Things are going a lot better now.

I am probably not an "expert" on what rock and roll is, or by extension bison football. However, pointing at the chin after a heckler throws a drunk at oneself suggesting another, then grabbing the heckler by the nose seems kinda rock n rollish.

Side note- heard the heckler was Bob Bowlsby's ex-brother in law, and while nose was captured subtitles to the video now removed had angus stating "piss off mate, I'm a fucking Bison".

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/02/25/big-12-expansion-looking-proscons-schools-like-cincinnati-byu-uconn-houston-smu-even-florida-state

UCONN before NDSU?? 🤘🏻

Bison Loaf
07-24-2016, 03:17 PM
I know exactly how you feel, HerdBoy. I'm on "pins and needles" myself over this whole major announcement thing. I just hope I can think of something…………………er, I mean…………….I just hope you all appreciate all the work and effort that has gone into this :hide: when it is finally announced, (whenever that may be, and I'm not responsible for damage to anyone holding their breath).

And while you and the rest of Bison Nation may understandably be on pins and needles (or needles and pins) over this, the pressure is definitely starting to take a gigantic toll on me………………..and I may just have a………………….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7yDYOFM8oaA

Bison Loaf
07-24-2016, 03:30 PM
I am probably not an "expert" on what rock and roll is, or by extension bison football. However, pointing at the chin after a heckler throws a drunk at oneself suggesting another, then grabbing the heckler by the nose seems kinda rock n rollish.

Side note- heard the heckler was Bob Bowlsby's ex-brother in law, and while nose was captured subtitles to the video now removed had angus stating "piss off mate, I'm a fucking Bison".

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/02/25/big-12-expansion-looking-proscons-schools-like-cincinnati-byu-uconn-houston-smu-even-florida-state

UCONN before NDSU?? 落

OMG, Chubs! Would you just relax! When GameDay comes back to Fargo for a 3rd time this fall, and this time with AC/DC, Big & Rich and KISS in tow……………... the Big 12 will have no choice but to finally extend the long-awaited invite, and probably PAY US for the privelage to do so!

This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I don't like to pat myself on the back, but I was also responsible (behind the scenes, of course) for directing "The Flagship's" extremely successful transition to DI. Nuff said.

Bison Loaf
07-28-2016, 01:56 PM
I'm guessing you're all a little tired by now of BOTH the incessant whining on one side, AND the tone-deaf pompousness on the other side in the "Changes Needed in the Tailgating Lots" thread.......................so here's a little written tribute to the great Malcom Young by a fellow axe man, to ease your pain. :)

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-07-27/rock-icons-acdc-guitarist-malcolm-young-airbourne-joel-okeeffe (It also includes a 1979 live video of "Let There Be Rock" with the boys in there prime and Bon Scott fronting the band, not long before his death in February of 1980.)

Malcolm, of course, is "retired" from the band due to the effects of Alzheimer's, but as the real leader of the band for all these years, it comes as no real surprise to me that they've had some issues with cohesiveness lately. But then again, this is the band that lost their lead singer (Bon Scott) right as they were attaining their greatest commercial success (Highway to Hell - still my personal favorite album of theirs) and were able to follow it up with one of the Top-5 best selling albums of all-time (Back in Black)!! Quite an astounding feat when you think about it! So really...........what's a little band member shuffling to these guys!
Still, Malcolm WAS the true glue to the music, the band and the legacy. And although we likely won't EVER see him performing out in our tailgating lots (unlike the rest of the band :paperbag:) we wish him all the best in his early "retirement"!

HerdBoy
07-31-2016, 06:24 PM
US leg of Rock or Bust Tour begins August 27th.

http://www.acdc.com/tour

Bison Loaf
08-02-2016, 01:31 PM
US leg of Rock or Bust Tour begins August 27th.

http://www.acdc.com/tour

..................and ends September 20th. ;)

I need not remind everyone that Sept. 20th usually comes before Oct. 1st, and that there have been speculative predictions and wild-assed rumors (oh how I love it!) on a national scale that there could be a lot of really cool things happening here on October 1st! So................ the simple fact (last time I checked, anyway) that September 20th still comes before October 1st on the Gregorian calendar, is a pretty significant little item for those of us that are into great Bison Football, scintillating Classic Rock, and thunderously fun Thunder TundraTM homecoming tailgating!

Oh, and I also think it is no coincidence that the name of "Fargo" appears in that September 20th final tour date. :nod:

Oh, and you could make a strong case that ending up in Philadelphia, new home of one Mr. Carson Wentz, is no simple accident either. :)

Just sayin'.

Bison Loaf
08-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Wow! We here at Thunderstruck Makers certainly had an unfortunate incident over the last few days! It appears as though one of my minions (of which the investigation of just who is responsible in currently on-going - I suspect 'I Miss Chubs' or 'HerdBoy', to be quite frank) sent out an unauthorized secret text to inner circle members regarding a new ThM Media Policy, which is reproduced for your information below:

Efffective Immediately:
New Media Rules for all Thunder TundraTM events, including the AC/DC appearance and subsequent Meet 'n Greet.

1. All reporters, to gain admittance access to any event, will be required to sign a personal oath of allegience to Thunderstruck Makers and vow their support for Bison Loaf to be the organization's perpetual, lifetime executive director. No exceptions.
2. Interview access to AC/DC, other Thunder TundraTM acts, or ThM Honchos will be requested at least 72 hours in advance, and then likely be rejected unless #3 below applies. If granted, Thunderstruck Makers personnel will be reverentially referred to as "Honchos" in all media-produced content.
3. At the descretion of Thunderstruck Makers personnel, all good-looking female reporters will be given priority access to ThM events and personnel.
4. Pom Poms and an unopened bottle of 'Thunderstruck Tequila' will get reporters in faster and for longer periods of time to the AC/DC performance and Meet 'n Greet.
5. There will be no live simulcasting of any major Thunderstruck Makers announcement, nor will there be any retweeting, retexting, resnapchatting, liking, unliking, poking or prodding (or whatever else you call all that social media crap) of Thunderstruck Makers secret texts to its inner circle members.
6. Fees for media access will be paid for in advance, via certified check, and are sure to be burdensome and oppressive. Don't like it............we don't care. Get over it, you're the media and no one likes you.

I want to apologize to all of you for this unauthorized bit of policy-making and for the appearance of arrogance that comes across in the offending policy. I want to assure you that I had nothing to do with it :hide:, despite what Rob Port will be sure to accuse me of in the coming days, weeks and years. I have since rescinded the offending policy and I will not resign. I repeat - I will NOT resign. (Honestly, it wasn't really all that bad of a policy, was it?) So..........nothing to see here. That is all.

Bison Loaf
08-03-2016, 07:28 PM
I hope this isn't the end! :eek: Working more diligently on the back up plans as we speak.

Really sad when Angus talks about Malcolm. Alzheimer's is a rotten damn deal. :(

Even Angus Young isn't quite sure what is next, if anything, for AC/DC after tours end in Sept................ http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/did-angus-young-push-acdc-too-far-that-might-be-the-case-he-says/59136

Bison Loaf
08-05-2016, 07:24 PM
At the risk of once again re-opening the old "Breast-Feeding Debate: When and Where is it appropriate?" (which I definitely do NOT want to do :uhyeah: ), I found this under "AC/DC news" and I thought it was pretty cleverly done.

I'm wondering if we should give it consideration as another backup act for Thunder TundraTM just in case the real AC/DC decides to retire, breakup or blow us off completely? :hide:

AC/DC Breast-Feeding Parody...........(don't worry, it's clean)...........http://www.today.com/parents/breastfeeding-moms-sing-nursing-all-night-long-ac-dc-parody-t101534

HerdBoy
08-06-2016, 01:18 AM
At the risk of once again re-opening the old "Breast-Feeding Debate: When and Where is it appropriate?" (which I definitely do NOT want to do :uhyeah: ), I found this under "AC/DC news" and I thought it was pretty cleverly done.

I'm wondering if we should give it consideration as another backup act for Thunder TundraTM just in case the real AC/DC decides to retire, breakup or blow us off completely? :hide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKaaJuXppDE

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/12_zpslpyzin27.gif

Rock
08-06-2016, 03:16 AM
Guy on a bus told me breast feeding was why most girls lift their shirts at rock concerts.

Same guy is a huge big 12 team donor and said some VERY interesting things about expansion... He sounded like kind of a Hamm though.

Rock
08-06-2016, 03:28 AM
Wow! We here at Thunderstruck Makers certainly had an unfortunate incident over the last few days! It appears as though one of my minions (of which the investigation of just who is responsible in currently on-going - I suspect 'I Miss Chubs' or 'HerdBoy', to be quite frank) sent out an unauthorized secret text to inner circle members regarding a new ThM Media Policy, which is reproduced for your information

Wow- Twitter really lit up over this. I will fall on the sword.

Was attempting to play to our paying partners and help sponsor the upcoming secret AC/DC concert at tailgating.

Open records can't get at our private messages on Bisonville right?

GO BISON! I Miss Chubs

Rock
08-06-2016, 03:29 AM

Was attempting to play to our paying partners and help sponsor the upcoming secret AC/DC concert at tailgating.

GO BISON! I Miss Chubs

Oops delete- please don't read! How do I delete this damn thing?!

GO BISON! I Miss Chubs

Christopher Moen
08-06-2016, 03:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKaaJuXppDE

http://atewodiucghvdg9idwnrzxquy29t.g00.photobucket.com/g00/TU9SRVBIRVVTMCRodHRwOi8vaTEwODIucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY2 9tL2FsYnVtcy9qMzcwL0plemV5L0dhZyUyMERpc2d1c3QlMjBF d3clMjBHaWZzL3N0YXJlX2xvb2tfYXdheV9kaXNndXN0ZWQuZ2 lm/$/$/$/$/$

Bison Loaf
08-06-2016, 02:36 PM

GO BISON! I Miss Chubs

:confused::confused: Oh Lord……………:facepalm:…...……. I hope not!! :eeek: :eek: :paperbag:

And thanks for falling on the sword for me over the Thunderstruck Makers media policy, Chubs!!! I thought it was excellent, quite frankly (don't worry, no one will ever see this) and commend you for your efforts! I owe you one, buddy. ;)

Bison Loaf
08-06-2016, 02:38 PM

http://atewodiucghvdg9idwnrzxquy29t.g00.photobucket.com/g00/TU9SRVBIRVVTMCRodHRwOi8vaTEwODIucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY2 9tL2FsYnVtcy9qMzcwL0plemV5L0dhZyUyMERpc2d1c3QlMjBF d3clMjBHaWZzL3N0YXJlX2xvb2tfYXdheV9kaXNndXN0ZWQuZ2 lm/$/$/$/$/$

So, that's one "yes" and one "no". Got it.

Christopher Moen
08-06-2016, 02:40 PM
So, that's one "yes" and one "no". Got it.

More like I'm confused and walking away before I get more confused.

Bison Loaf
08-06-2016, 04:24 PM
More like I'm confused and walking away before I get more confused.

I know what you mean. Avant-garde art is really hard to wrap your head around sometimes. Think "Yoko Ono".

Christopher Moen
08-06-2016, 09:30 PM
I know what you mean. Avant-garde art is really hard to wrap your head around sometimes. Think "Yoko Ono".

C'mon now, that's how great bands die!

CyPanth
08-07-2016, 04:24 AM
This thread just keeps giving and giving. I'm amazed at what you guys come up with. It is some of the best entertainment on the interweb.

P.S. Have you heard any rumors about AC/DC showing up at a road game tailgate?

Rock
08-07-2016, 02:42 PM
This thread just keeps giving and giving. I'm amazed at what you guys come up with. It is some of the best entertainment on the interweb.

P.S. Have you heard any rumors about AC/DC showing up at a road game tailgate?

Cypanth- there are rumors of numerous real estate negotiations in progress related to the expansion of ThunderTundraTM properties.

Investor rights and the sensitive nature of the negotiations preclude further rumors of this nature.

Bison Loaf
08-08-2016, 02:02 AM
Have you heard any rumors about AC/DC showing up at a road game tailgate?

Cypanth- there are rumors of numerous real estate negotiations in progress related to the expansion of ThunderTundraTM properties.

Investor rights and the sensitive nature of the negotiations preclude further rumors of this nature.

Great news, everyone!! I've been granted approval to use another week of my vacation by the State Board Of Higher Tailgating (SBOHT)………………as long as I follow these restrictions "to the letter!"

1. You shall not call or text any of your subordinates, associates, minions, or…...as you like to call them…. :facepalm:……..."honchos' from the Thunderstruck Makers organization. In fact, just leave the phone at home entirely.
2. You shall not use the internet in any foreign country………... and in the US, you shall be restricted to 5 minutes of internet usage a day, including zero minutes on Bisonville.
3. You shall not, under any circumstances, (and we quote) "bug the piss" out of Angus Young or anyone else associated with AC/DC.
4. You shall not travel in anything other than coach class, and even then…….. you shall not accept even the complimentary snacks, nor shall you sit within 2 rows of the in-flight restroom.
5. You shall not attempt to "crank call" any member of the SBOHT at ANY time of the day………... and especially after 8 pm, after you've "had a few". We remind you that we do have all of your so-called "funny" voices on recognition tape.
6. You shall not attempt to (once again) expense any liquor, bootleg recordings, rolls of dollar bills, poker chips, lace stockings, or medicinal plant life to Thunderstruck Makers or to the SBOHT.
7. We prefer that you not talk to anyone while on vacation, but if you must, there shall not be, under any circumstances, derogatory references to the names "Rob Port", "Bill Marcil", "Jeff Kolpack", "Bison Vet", "Allah", or "that effin' Axl Rose".
8. You shall not come within 500 yards of a nude beach, or for that matter, ANY beach…..any beach at all. And Pom-poms are to be on your person at no time, ever.
9. These restrictions, and your overall disciplinary action, shall not be discussed nor published anywhere (again), at any time……………especially on Bisonville!!

We need not remind you, Mr. Loaf, that you are on double secret probation and that a clean, controversy-free vacation will go a long way towards getting you back into the good graces of the SBOHT. Good luck.

Man, these people are a bunch of puds:sigpalm:(don't worry, I've got a new security guy making sure all this is not on the grid), but I'm excited about the confidence they have in me while on vacation! I'll address CyPanth's and Chubbie's unauthorized Q & A above, when I get back.

Until then………..Live Purple, my friends!!

HerdBoy
08-09-2016, 10:19 PM

"Why" do you say that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCb0TsSIqI0

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/plugears_zpszixgnyht.png

Bison Loaf
08-15-2016, 07:24 PM
Now that the Thunderstruck Makers "inner circle" have received their priority texts, I can officially pass on this breaking news.................

"Thunderstruck Makers regrets to announce that AC/DC will not........... I repeat, will NOT .............be performing out in the Thunder TundraTM tailgating lots for the home opener on August 27th. The boys have a previous concert engagement booked in Greensboro, NC on that date, and have notified us that they intend to keep that prior commitment."

Now..............I know how things of this magnitude tend to get blown up here on Bisonville, so............... before too many of you rush out to the highest ledge, or make a beeline for the nearest, sharpest knife (let's save all that for the next unexpected game loss, shall we?)....................I must emphasize a couple of important points to remember.

First and foremost, ALL other Home Game Dates remain on the table at this point, and negotiations are going at least as well as you have been expecting them to all along. :confused:
Second, even if other likewise announcements should unexpectantly crop up prior to future games (and who in their right mind would ever expect THAT to happen :paperbag:), recall that we have a full and exciting slate of very talented backup acts available to perform the song "Thunderstruck", should they be called upon to do so.......................... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1123609#post1123609

Third and finally, we've managed to win 5 straight titles without AC/DC singing "Thunderstruck" live on location. If those bastards somehow don't show up again this year (:rofl: zero chance of THAT happening :rofl:), I think we'll be just fine for the 6-Pack. ;)

Rock
08-17-2016, 01:25 PM
In NDSU to the big12 related news USF mis-spells research in bid to conference proclaiming their high standard as a research university.

1 down 16 to go!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2016/8/16/12505492/south-florida-big-12-expansion-aw-dangit?client=safari

Bison Loaf
08-17-2016, 02:12 PM
In NDSU to the big12 related news USF mis-spells research in bid to conference proclaiming their high standard as a research university.

1 down 16 to go!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2016/8/16/12505492/south-florida-big-12-expansion-aw-dangit?client=safari

I'll admit that I'm a little shocked that USF is the first to bite the dust, but really...........................ALL the so-called "contenders" :rofl: will be dropping like flies once AC/DC makes their appearance in Fargo.

But, we are in no hurry, my man, no hurry at all. Let the rest of the "contenders" eliminate themselves slowly. We've got a little financial housekeeping to take care of first. :paperbag: See Below.

Bison Loaf
08-17-2016, 02:22 PM
Dear Thunderstruck Makers Community:

I want to make you aware that Thunderstruck Makers ended FY16 with a shortfall of approximately $1.4 million. This is a disappointment to me and totally pisses me off. It is NOT, however, entirely my fault, and it is not related to my recent vacation activities. I will also NOT resign over it.........so let's not even go there. You can be assured, however, that I am taking brilliant administrative steps around here - ones that I learned from an on-line class at Harvard - to address it. Pretty sure that "heads are gonna roll". (Damn, that is cool! I really love saying that!)

Anyway, effective immediately, I am shaking up the Thunderstruck Makers Honcho hierarchy and sending them all to their plush, private offices without any free lunch for a whole week, nor will they be able to play the gin rummy games they love so much from around 1 pm (to 3 pm) everyday. I am a loveable teddy bear most imes, but, dammit, I can be a real hard-ass if I'm forced to be.

As far as the $1.4 million shortfall, it will not in anyway affect our continuing efforts to lure AC/DC into a Thunder TundraTM appearance. But I will be forced to make other peripheral cuts in our operations. Effective with this coming season, Thunderstruck Makers is sad to anounce that it will:

1. Discontinue the distribution of those awesome little green and yellow drink umbrellas that every loves (saves $500)
2. Discontinue the planned taste-testing of 'Thunderstruck Tequila' this fall (saves $1,000)
3. Cancel the fly-in and showing of the Gibson 'Thunderstruck' Guitar (saves $2,500)
The rest of the shortfall is hoped to be accomplished through 'attrition' over the next several years. :hide:

I also want to be clear. I am pro-tailgating, pro-classic rock, pro-AC/DC, and most definately pro-alcohol. These cuts, while tough, reflect the tremendous leadership that you all have come to expect. I'm also hoping that after everything dies down a little bit, and I come off double-secret probation from the SBOHT................we'll be able to fudge on these cuts a little bit (especially the drink umbrellas - I love those things!!)

But I also want to make clear that I really mean business this time. As such, I'll be appointing a committee of Honchos that will select another committee of 112 ThM inner circle members, that will be advising me periodically on financial matters when I ask for it. That oughta do it. In the meantime, I very much appreciate all of your continued support and adulation.

Peace,

Bison Loaf
Thunderstruck Makers Lifetime Head Honcho

HerdBoy
08-19-2016, 06:49 PM
Dear Thunderstruck Makers Community:

I want to make you aware that Thunderstruck Makers ended FY16 with a shortfall of approximately $1.4 million. This is a disappointment to me and totally pisses me off. It is NOT, however, entirely my fault, and it is not related to my recent vacation activities. I will also NOT resign over it.........so let's not even go there. You can be assured, however, that I am taking brilliant administrative steps around here - ones that I learned from an on-line class at Harvard - to address it. Pretty sure that "heads are gonna roll". (Damn, that is cool! I really love saying that!)

Anyway, effective immediately, I am shaking up the Thunderstruck Makers Honcho hierarchy and sending them all to their plush, private offices without any free lunch for a whole week, nor will they be able to play the gin rummy games they love so much from around 1 pm (to 3 pm) everyday. I am a loveable teddy bear most imes, but, dammit, I can be a real hard-ass if I'm forced to be.

As far as the $1.4 million shortfall, it will not in anyway affect our continuing efforts to lure AC/DC into a Thunder TundraTM appearance. But I will be forced to make other peripheral cuts in our operations. Effective with this coming season, Thunderstruck Makers is sad to anounce that it will:

1. Discontinue the distribution of those awesome little green and yellow drink umbrellas that every loves (saves $500)
2. Discontinue the planned taste-testing of 'Thunderstruck Tequila' this fall (saves $1,000)
3. Cancel the fly-in and showing of the Gibson 'Thunderstruck' Guitar (saves $2,500)
The rest of the shortfall is hoped to be accomplished through 'attrition' over the next several years. :hide:

I also want to be clear. I am pro-tailgating, pro-classic rock, pro-AC/DC, and most definately pro-alcohol. These cuts, while tough, reflect the tremendous leadership that you all have come to expect. I'm also hoping that after everything dies down a little bit, and I come off double-secret probation from the SBOHT................we'll be able to fudge on these cuts a little bit (especially the drink umbrellas - I love those things!!)

But I also want to make clear that I really mean business this time. As such, I'll be appointing a committee of Honchos that will select another committee of 112 ThM inner circle members, that will be advising me periodically on financial matters when I ask for it. That oughta do it. In the meantime, I very much appreciate all of your continued support and adulation.

Peace,

Bison Loaf
Thunderstruck Makers Lifetime Head Honcho

We have to cancel all three. Please save the guitar. Two out of Three ain't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s

Bison Loaf
08-19-2016, 07:43 PM

We have to cancel all three. Please save the guitar. Two out of Three ain't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s

HerdBoy, you can beg all night
But that ain't gettin you nowhere
I've tried to limit cuts as much as I can
There's nothing left inside of me.
And go ahead and cry all night
But that'll never change the way that I feel
The debt is really piling up outside
I wish you wouldn't make me feel bad. (sniffle, sob)

I've poured it on and I've poured it out
I've tried to show the Board how much I care (sniffle, tear)
I'm tired of words and I'm too hoarse to shout
But they've been cold to me so long
I'm crying icicles instead of tears.

And all I can do, is keep on telling you:
Don't want to (don't want to), but need to (I need to)
Cuz that damn State Board is telling me I haa-aave to
But don't be sad (don't be saa-aad)
'Cause two out of three ain't bad.......................
Now don't be sad (saa-aad)
'Cause two out of three ain't bad.

(sigh)
:bow:

Bison Loaf
08-23-2016, 04:55 PM
My dear Bisonvillers and spirited Thunderstruck Maker members,

As the 2016 Bison Football Season quickly approaches, Angus and I would like to wish you all a wonderful and successful season of Thundering Herd football and much enjoyment in your participation of some of the best tailgating in the entire country!

At least one of us on this board has had a good bit of fun this offseason ;), and we thank you for the indulgences in doing so. You can also be rest assured that our work will continue in attempting to lure, cajole, bribe, shame, sucker, and/or blackmail AC/DC into an onsite performance during tailgating. But its now time for Bison Football (!) and that may or may not tend to limit our information to you during the season. For the love of Roscoe :facepalm:, please don't call us, the State Board, or Rob Port about this "perceived" lack of communication!

In the meantime, we leave you with new lyrics to 'Thunderstruck' that Angus and I wrote specially for our Bison Tailgating/Thunderstruck Makers/Thunder TundraTM friends.

Go Bison!

Thunder TundraTM Struck ..........(sang, of course, to the tune of Thunderstruck)

I was brought, to the middle of a tailgate lot. (Thunder)
No clue to me, all that was there! Damn there's alot! (Tundra)
From end to end, it's Green and Gold, all I could see. (Thunder)
You slapped my back, said with a smile......"come follow me." (Tundra)

Everybody shook my hand,
all the women stole my heart!
Oh! The wonder of such fans,
had me hooked right from the start!

I'd been.... Thunder Tundra Struck!!

Went down the rows, was never hungry, no sir not once (Thunder)
So much tradition, it will be told, no need to hunt. (Tundra)
This crowd can drink! All in good fun! No wooden legs. (Thunder)
I had my fill and I do swear, no need to beg! (Tundra)

I started wobblin' at the knees,
Top me off again, please!
Never, ever wanna leave!
I'd been - Thunder Tundra Struck!
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Tundra Struck!
Oh, Oh yeah, Tundra Struck!

'My Oh My'........ it's time to leave?
"Can I come back again, please?!"
Thunder Tundra Struck! Tundra Struck!

They said, "Yeah..... come again!"
"We...... always win!"
"Titles..... on the line."
"We'll..... do just fine!"

"Yeah..... come again!"
"We're..... sure we'll win!"
"Champs...... all the time."
"We're...... feelin' fine!"
Thunder Tundra Struck!

Bison Loaf
08-30-2016, 02:01 PM
Was that a crazy Saturday or what?! First, we get a hailstorm out in Thunder TundraTM, then overtime for the first time ever in the Dome!! Meanwhile..............back in Greensboro, NC...................AC/DC pulls "Live Wire" out of the play bag for the first time since 1982!

This cannot ALL be mere coincidence, people. The cosmos is aligning for a big shakeup in the rock/tailgating/football-intro world, and when it happens, we are well positioned to take advantage of it!

In the meantime, we’ve been busy evaluating film here at Thunderstruck Makers after our first tailgate of the season. (No, not THAT kind of film! Remember, "What happens in Thunder TundraTM, stays in Thunder TundraTM"!)
Check out the 3 different performance versions of “Live Wire” with lead singers Bon Scott in 1979, Brian Johnson in 1982 (no video), and Axl Rose in 2016....https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/heres_acdc_with_axl_performing_live_wire_for_the_f irst_time_since_82.html

.................and tell me what you think. Your feedback could (but is very highly unlikely to) make a real difference to me on whether or not we hold out for a Brian Johnson-led AC/DC performance of “Thunderstruck” over an Axl Rose-led version.

And yes, Bon Scott is definitely OUT for this one, because as far as I know, at AC/DC’s weekly Monday presser……..it was confirmed that Bon is, indeed, still dead.

But……..not wanting to offend, nor be unprepared for all possibilities…………anyone who experiences a Bon Scott sighting (just look in the same places that you’re seeing Elvis), report it here and I’ll (sigh) see what I can do.

CyPanth
08-31-2016, 02:30 AM
My dear Bisonvillers and spirited Thunderstruck Maker members,

As the 2016 Bison Football Season quickly approaches, Angus and I would like to wish you all a wonderful and successful season of Thundering Herd football and much enjoyment in your participation of some of the best tailgating in the entire country!

At least one of us on this board has had a good bit of fun this offseason ;), and we thank you for the indulgences in doing so. You can also be rest assured that our work will continue in attempting to lure, cajole, bribe, shame, sucker, and/or blackmail AC/DC into an onsite performance during tailgating. But its now time for Bison Football (!) and that may or may not tend to limit our information to you during the season. For the love of Roscoe :facepalm:, please don't call us, the State Board, or Rob Port about this "perceived" lack of communication!

In the meantime, we leave you with new lyrics to 'Thunderstruck' that Angus and I wrote specially for our Bison Tailgating/Thunderstruck Makers/Thunder TundraTM friends.

Go Bison!

Thunder TundraTM Struck ..........(sang, of course, to the tune of Thunderstruck)

I was brought, to the middle of a tailgate lot. (Thunder)
No clue to me, all that was there! Damn there's alot! (Tundra)
From end to end, it's Green and Gold, all I could see. (Thunder)
You slapped my back, said with a smile......"come follow me." (Tundra)

Everybody shook my hand,
all the women stole my heart!
Oh! The wonder of such fans,
had me hooked right from the start!

I'd been.... Thunder Tundra Struck!!

Went down the rows, was never hungry, no sir not once (Thunder)
So much tradition, it will be told, no need to hunt. (Tundra)
This crowd can drink! All in good fun! No wooden legs. (Thunder)
I had my fill and I do swear, no need to beg! (Tundra)

I started wobblin' at the knees,
Top me off again, please!
Never, ever wanna leave!
I'd been - Thunder Tundra Struck!
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Tundra Struck!
Oh, Oh yeah, Tundra Struck!

'My Oh My'........ it's time to leave?
"Can I come back again, please?!"
Thunder Tundra Struck! Tundra Struck!

They said, "Yeah..... come again!"
"We...... always win!"
"Titles..... on the line."
"We'll..... do just fine!"

"Yeah..... come again!"
"We're..... sure we'll win!"
"Champs...... all the time."
"We're...... feelin' fine!"
Thunder Tundra Struck!

More great stuff in this thread. You are not saying that you are putting it on hold for the season, are you? Surely there will be some game- and tailgate-related incidents that will spark more posts.

Bison Loaf
08-31-2016, 02:11 PM
More great stuff in this thread. You are not saying that you are putting it on hold for the season, are you? Surely there will be some game- and tailgate-related incidents that will spark more posts.

Let's recap, shall we?

I'm on double-secret probation until November, meaning I could lose my job, my wife, both girlfriends and a dog that bites me every morning. I've got a $1.4 million budget deficit that has to be dealt with by cutting critical member services, while Ed Shafer is not answering my appeals for help in the matter. And even if I somehow manage to avoid getting my ass canned, I've got trusted inner circle members calling for "new blood" in Thunderstruck Makers honchoship. I've also got AC/DC threatening me, during our intense negotiations, to disband after the end of September................., and then promising to slap a defamation lawsuit on me that (and I quote) will have me "singing 'Jailbreak' louder than an inmate's bitch!".

............so, yeah, why the hell WOULDN'T I post for your own personal enjoyment and pleasure!! :facepalm:

Bison Loaf
09-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Happy Labor Day, Bisonville!

We would be remiss if we didn't recognize our very own "Labor of Love". Yes, I'm talking about the very project of which the complexity and audacity of…………………..gives us "Labor Pains" sometimes, but, despite it all, is a very fitting endeavor for the dynasty we call Bison Football!

Let's take this day to recognize the work, brilliance, commitment, and shear dripping-level-of-sweating Labor that goes into such magnificence………………synchronized together on the field……….on the stage………AND in the tailgating lot…………….. Dynastic Team, Iconic Band, and Zealous Fans…………..all in perfect harmony.

Imagine, the boys all there together, the best they've ever been and the best they're ever going to be……………….Malcolm, Angus, Brian, Cliff and Phil………………hard-driving power rock, matched with hard-driving power football, fueled by hard-drinking power tailgating……………………..Imagine……………………….Imagine………………

"It's the one called………ah………….Thunderstruck. Are you ready!………Yea!…………….."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S55ozleWZ0w

Bison Loaf
09-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Well, it's not exactly the ringing endorsement that Bresciani got from the Chamber.......

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?37321-Chamber-Backs-Bresciani&p=1147861#post1147861 (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?37321-ChamberBacks-Bresciani&p=1147861#post1147861)............. but I'll take it (!) and hope it keeps the so-called "journalists" and "muckrakers" at bay.

WE'RE BEHIND LOAF! ................generally speaking
G'Day NDSU Fans:

Bison Loaf has been the Thunderstruck Makers gabster since, well, for yonks (so we're told),
and during that time, has done a bloody beaut of a job teeing up this bizzo into a real ridgie didge.

And while Mr. Loaf may be, deservedly, in the shit for his words and deeds of the past,
the simple facts speak for themselves: Thunderstruck Makers and the song 'Thunderstruck'
have never been more read about in Bisonville circles. Good or bad, right or wrong, we have
Mr. Loaf's dogged disregard for sobering, realistic thought to thank for that.

Just one indicator of this success is in the fundraising efforts of ThM: through the end of
August, Mr. Loaf has hit the tin for an astounding $1,419.52 (so we're told) in Yank quid
during very tough economic times (so we're told again). While it's bloody oath that he has
somehow managed to nick off $1.4 million of taxpayer lolly during this same time frame,
his heart appears to be in the right place, and we are certainly dinky-di for the subject matter
at least, of his illicit spending (our songs and our talents).

The fact is.............and listen up all you knockers out there.............. if we ever DO decide
to lob in for a live go of 'Thunderstuck' on Bison game day, all of Mr. Loaf's antics will have been
more than worth your sufferings.

Unfortunately, however, we will NOT be having that go this weekend. We're still trying to nut out
a future agreement, but quite frankly, Mr. Loaf has been mucking around as a complete tightarse
in the process, and continues to make redonkulous demands upon us. It's a bloody good row that
our former mate Rudder is not banging our drums right now, as we might be looking at another
potential hit job focused on a certain someone!

Still......... even though this wanker likes to big-note himself, it's dog's balls that he loves our Band,
loves Thunderstruck, loves his tailgating, and loves his Bison!

So, before you all give this bloke the flick, we'd like to have a fair go at squizzing the codger for
a short while longer. Good-o?

Half your luck,

Acca Dacca

CyPanth
09-13-2016, 02:18 AM
Did you hear what Iowa State used as their new entrance song?

CyPanth
09-13-2016, 02:19 AM

Thunderstruck. Seriously. The new Iowa State entrance song is Thunderstruck!

And in case you didn't know, the Hokeye "swarm" comes out to Back in Black.

Bison Loaf
09-13-2016, 01:18 PM

Thunderstruck. Seriously. The new Iowa State entrance song is Thunderstruck!

And in case you didn't know, the Hokeye "swarm" comes out to Back in Black.

What in the HELL??!! I assure you that legal briefs are being prepared as we speak! This cannot stand.

The Clowns can use "Caught With Your Pants Down", "Gimme A Bullet", "Borrowed Time", "Kicked In The Teeth", or "Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be"......................but NOT "Thunderstruck"!!!

ANGUUUUUUS..........................!!!!!

bisonp
09-13-2016, 06:25 PM
What in the HELL??!! I assure you that legal briefs are being prepared as we speak! This cannot stand.

The Clowns can use "Caught With Your Pants Down", "Gimme A Bullet", "Borrowed Time", "Kicked In The Teeth", or "Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be"......................but NOT "Thunderstruck"!!!

It's OK, they changed the lyrics to "we've been thunderstruck".

CyPanth
09-14-2016, 12:55 AM

Yeah. It is just not right. I still can't believe they did it.

HerdBoy
09-17-2016, 02:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzVxcolvAlM

Time to walk all over Iowa.

Bison Loaf
09-21-2016, 06:49 PM
It was this man's last show with AC/DC yesterday in what is now known as "The Land of Carson Wentz".

What can we say, other than "Job very well done, Cliff Williams. Very well done, indeed!" :bowdown: Enjoy your greatly deserved retirement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKjCTgLGCe4&feature=player_embedded

Bison Loaf
09-26-2016, 07:57 PM
As you all know, part of my important duties as Thunderstruck Makers Executive Honcho is to insinuate myself into our away tailgates, our opponent's tailgates, and our opponent's game intros. Oh sure..........copious straight shots of brown liquor, flirting with young and nubile coeds, and sampling the delicacies of exotic grills.............can be very taxing at times, but I do it all for you. I'm the hardest-working man in tailgating today. Just ask me.

So here's the report I sent off to the SBOHT:

NDSU Tailgate at Iowa - Positives: Very good location, great atmosphere, a lot of rigs made the trip, fun people, splendid weather, early start, Gene Taylor in the house. Negatives: Shitters were full, no classic rock band (of course, ThM has dibs on AC/DC in Fargo, but can the Alumni Assoc. at least get 'Blue Oyster Cult' sometime? C'mon!), the walk to the stadium was a bit long, but in hindsight, worked off a bunch of alcohol.

Iowa Tailgate - Didn't see it, maybe next time.

Iowa Team Intro - Have to admit that Iowa coming up the tunnel to "Back in Black" was pretty damn cool. Not NDSU cool, but cool none-the-less. CyPanth, however, was not technically correct that they "come out" to 'Back in Black'. IIRC, they technically switched over to another song before they actually left the tunnel and came onto the field. Can anyone with more faculties at the time confirm? I don't know what the song was. It wasn't AC/DC, so my interest vacated immediately (as is only proper).

All in all, I give the experience a B+ and as such, this secret "Thunderstruck Makers Inner Circle" text will be going out in 5................4................3............... ......2..................1.............

"Thunderstruck Makers looking at moving a home tailgate to Iowa City in the future."

Hold on now! Some of you will immediately dismiss this idea because you dislike anything new. But here's two cents worth of advice to you. Just because something seems to make no damn sense at all, doesn't mean it couldn't be fun. :confused: Case in point, you're still reading this thread aren't you? :nod:

On the other hand, some of you will actually piss your pants with joy over this idea, just because it's not Fargo, and it potentially involves a P5 city. Here's two cents of advice for you. Make sure you always have a change of underwear with you, because this thread was made just for you!

Christopher Moen
09-26-2016, 10:50 PM
Iowa Team Intro - Have to admit that Iowa coming up the tunnel to "Back in Black" was pretty damn cool. Not NDSU cool, but cool none-the-less. CyPanth, however, was not technically correct that they "come out" to 'Back in Black'. IIRC, they technically switched over to another song before they actually left the tunnel and came onto the field. Can anyone with more faculties at the time confirm? I don't know what the song was. It wasn't AC/DC, so my interest vacated immediately (as is only proper).

They technically came out to "Back in Black" and just stood there until after the "other" song was done. I found it a bit anticlimactic to not run out during one of the songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsGCrd4iF-4

Bison Loaf
09-26-2016, 11:47 PM
They technically came out to "Back in Black" and just stood there until after the "other" song was done. I found it a bit anticlimactic to not run out during one of the songs.

That's what I mean, CM, if you're going to come out on the field and compete, what better way to do so than with AC/DC riding shotgun as you actually RUN out! Dammit! Don't wait in the tunnel and switch out of a good thing!

In fact, my life's work will not be complete until EVERY stinking football team in the country runs out onto their home field (and not just the tunnel walk) to a frickin' AC/DC song (except Thunderstruck, of course, which is ours - obviously). It's not rocket-scientry, people. The boys have been around for 40+ years now. Pick a song, any song (they're all good enough for your pud program) or even two or three songs………..AND GET YOUR DAMN TEAM OUT THERE to one of them (but I'm warning you……..NOT Thunderstruck!)!

Christopher Moen
09-26-2016, 11:56 PM
That's what I mean, CM, if you're going to come out on the field and compete, what better way to do so than with AC/DC riding shotgun as you actually RUN out! Dammit! Don't wait in the tunnel and switch out of a good thing!

In fact, my life's work will not be complete until EVERY stinking football team in the country runs out onto their home field (and not just the tunnel walk) to a frickin' AC/DC song (except Thunderstruck, of course, which is ours - obviously). It's not rocket-scientry, people. The boys have been around for 40+ years now. Pick a song, any song (they're all good enough for your pud program) or even two or three songs………..AND GET YOUR DAMN TEAM OUT THERE to one of them (but I'm warning you……..NOT Thunderstruck!)!

Was it alright if I warm-up to this before every wrestling dual in high school?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i_7fjUhBzs

56BISON73
09-27-2016, 12:30 AM

In the past I dont think they came out that early.

Bison Loaf
10-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Jim Breuer AC/DC Hokey Pokey..........................http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1124588#post1124588

Ya know, HerdBoy................if things go "to hell in a hand basket" on this whole wonderful, brilliant Thunderstruck idea and project.............which, by the way, no one in their right mind would ever expect it to.................Breuer and his buddy Brian Johnson become a real possibility for us! Heck, by the time we get everybody all liquored up out in Thunder Tundratm, nobody will be able to tell the difference between Hokey Pokey or Thunderstruck anyway!

At the very least, another added option for us..................is just more added pressure for Angus to sit his ass down at the negotiating table.

Ok, that's it! I can hold out no longer! I'm officially adding former SNL player (and Brian Johnson's good friend) Jim Breuer to our impressive list of backup plans ....................
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1123609#post1123609

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YiVI69C2JQM

Shit just got real now.

Bison Loaf
10-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Now that we've had three home tailgates in 2016, I'm getting a lot of secret correspondence and sensitive feedback from some very unhappy campers out there. It seems that we need more space for tailgating activities and more seats in our beloved Dome.

When in the hell did THIS happen?!!.................... I thought we were doing just fine! SOB, I wish you people would speak up a little sooner and a little more forcefully here on Bisonville when problems arise! (but under no circumstances should you call me)

Anyway, I of course, am much too busy working on this damn AC/DC deal that I somehow got sucked into, so I've designated this particular little project to one of my hundreds of minion honchos to work on. I'm guessing you'll likely see tangible results in, oh say, a week or two.

In the meantime, we here at Thunderstruck Makers always follow a simple code of protocol in order to make sure that we UNDERSTAND a problem accurately and completely, BEFORE we waste any time on your own expressed needs. To do that, we always put these issues down into the form of a song that can be better verbalized and remembered as we move along in solving it.
This is what my minion honcho came back with, and I can assure you that we'll get "on it" right away!!:hide:

"King" of the Dome......... (ThM project #1,046, sung to the tune of "King Of The Road")

Trailer's all wrapped and bound
on our way to Fargo tailgate ground.
No pass, no plan, that's fine.
But I'll be pissed if there' s an 'effin line!
Ah but, 12 hours of waiting looms
just to get a little party room.
I'm a man of dreams, with no means.
"King" of the Dome.

Can't donate, or come each game,
but... want the perks to be the same.
I've got all the latest Bison bling,
but reserved passes, I chose not to swing.
Ah yes, Team Makers, they've not a clue
how to let me do what I WANT to do
"King" of the Dome

I know every fan out in every lot
they ask me the same, "Why don't you have a spot?"
And they give no comfort when I bitch and explain
that I didn't want to commit when my chance finally came.

Ah but..... more seating, that's a need,
why can't I just simply plant that seed.
I want a seat open, when I drop by,
but season tickets, hell, that just wont fly!
All these issues are so easily done
but for solutions, no, I've not a one.
"King" Of the Dome

Bison Loaf
10-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Ok..............admittedly, it's been a little slow in the "AC/DC negotiations" department lately. So I wanted to make sure to take time out of my busy schedule in order to provide a special viral present to my fellow "Bon Scott" doppelganger HerdBoy, AND to provide some decent reading, viewing, and listening material to all the great Bison tailgaters waiting in line this week!

And yes, I'm well aware that Bon did not sing on "Thunderstruck", but................just like the Bison don't get to where they are today without the prior greatness of the college-level and D2 years, you also don't GET to an iconic classic like "Thunderstruck" without progressing from the origins of Scott's vocal and lyrical greatness and magnetism. Enjoy!!

The Top-10 Bon Scott AC/DC Songs.........................http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-10-13/best-bon-scott-acdc-songs

Bison Loaf
10-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Dear Inner Circle Members,

So...................remember that $1.4 million deficit that we somehow got ourselves into here at Thunderstruck Makers? Well, the recommendation is back from that committee I formed with my brilliant leadership some time ago, and just in time before my contentious contract renewal next month.

I was looking for them to decide which services we cut, so that I somehow didn't have to do the dirty deed myself and be the "bad guy" in all this. That’s called being a leader. Besides, all of our services are really awesome anyway and completely my own original ideas (although I am NOT responsible for the budget deficit that resulted from them and will not resign over it. How does that work, you ask? You figure it out.)

My only direction to the committee was that the AC/DC live performance of Thunderstruck would NOT be cut. Everything else was on the chopping block.

After a very demeaning (but highly entertaining) "dog and pony" show that we here dubbed “The New Gong Show”, the verdict from the committee is this……………………………we need to spend MORE money! Not only do they want AC/DC in here a soon as possible, but they want KISS and Big & Rich all on the same damn day, at the same damn humongous concert! They also want EVERY Thunderstruck backup plan to be brought in on subsequent weekends after the "big one". In addition, they not only DON'T want to cut the drink umbrellas, but they want us to spring for more booze to put the umbrellas into! That means not only a taste testing of Thunderstruck Tequila, but truckloads of FREE Thunderstruck Tequila each and every week! The Thunderstruck Gibson guitar showing? It not only stays, but it is recommended we buy the damn thing and arrange for free "Angus Young-style" guitar riff lessons.

To say that I am shocked with this turn of events is an understatement, and all I can say is……………………………………………..Hot Damn, Happy Days Are Here Again!!! This is exactly the kind of thinking that buck-passing, overly self-assured leadership gets you and you all are welcome for it.

Peace,
Loaf

P.S. On a somewhat related note, some of you are going to have to increase your donation quota’s……………pronto! We can only squeeze the students so much. :hide:

Christopher Moen
10-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Dear Inner Circle Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4MRmEPNUxY