PDA

View Full Version : Pulled redshirts from the 2015 Class

Farmer63
02-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Quick question. I sort of lost track. Who all from last years recruit class didn't redshirt this season?

RossUglem
02-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Bruce Anderson, Robbie Grimsley, Cam Pedersen, Dmitri Wililams.

Jay
02-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Dimitri Williams
Robbie Grimsley
Cam Pedersen
Bruce Anderson

Off the top of my head.

EC8CH
02-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Pretty good production out of that group. I'd say the program made efficient use of this years true freshman.

wagsabison
02-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Cam had a tough stretch in the playoffs but I believe some of that had to do with the situation he was put in (50+ yard field goals for example). During the regular season he performed very well for a true freshman.

Bison"FANatic"
02-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Man did Grimsleys game improve over the year. It was a blast to watch. He still gets caught out of position sometimes but not near as much as the beginning of the season. You could see the game slow for him and allow him to get to his spots. Good things ahead for the kid if he puts in the time to get stronger and continue to learn and get better.

Ndsu84
02-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Man did Grimsleys game improve over the year. It was a blast to watch. He still gets caught out of position sometimes but not near as much as the beginning of the season. You could see the game slow for him and allow him to get to his spots. Good things ahead for the kid if he puts in the time to get stronger and continue to learn and get better.

^^^^this^^^^. Grimsley progress was really great to watch. There were times we were wishing for Heagle but Grimsley really stepped it up.

We talked to his parents before the Montana game and they seemed like great people. I think they were pretty stressed out about a true freshman having so much responsibility his first game. Only my opinion but I sure would have been.

NDSU1980
02-04-2016, 02:49 AM
I've always had a question on pulled redshirts. OK, if you do redshirt and are on the team for 5 years, you get 5 years worth of scholarship to attend class. Now if you play the first year, do you only get 4 years of scholly, or does NDSU give you that fifth year to attend class after you have played 4 years? (assuming you want to keep attending)

1998braves64
02-04-2016, 04:02 AM
I've always had a question on pulled redshirts. OK, if you do redshirt and are on the team for 5 years, you get 5 years worth of scholarship to attend class. Now if you play the first year, do you only get 4 years of scholly, or does NDSU give you that fifth year to attend class after you have played 4 years? (assuming you want to keep attending)

I have to think many of the freshman do not have a full scholarship, since FCS can split them. Just because they are scholarship could mean they're only getting 1/4 of one with the possibility of earning more in following years.

Not sure that answers your first question. I would assume the end of the spring semester after your final football year is when the scholarship ends.

cbline
02-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Cam had a tough stretch in the playoffs but I believe some of that had to do with the situation he was put in (50+ yard field goals for example). During the regular season he performed very well for a true freshman.

I was really happy for Cam with his performance in Frisco! I watched a bit of the JSU game last night because I was bored, and it was great to see Coach K going on to the field to congratulate Cam after the last field goal. Redemption on Cam's part, and trust on Coach's part.

bisonmike2
02-04-2016, 09:05 PM
I was really happy for Cam with his performance in Frisco! I watched a bit of the JSU game last night because I was bored, and it was great to see Coach K going on to the field to congratulate Cam after the last field goal. Redemption on Cam's part, and trust on Coach's part.

Cam's kicks were huge in that game too. Our first drive was great but we bogged down in the redzone. Can you imagine the pressure he must have felt to put points on the board? If he misses that first one it changes the whole complexion of the game.

Bison20
02-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Yea that kick was huge for his confidence. Luckily the defense was playing lights out throughout the playoffs. The kicking could have easily cost is a game in the playoffs.

TateMosersneighbor
02-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Cam was very good for us his true freshman year. He was 12 of 21 for an "average" percent made of 58%. He was put in some tough spots. Of his 9 misses...3 were "should be easy" makes for a college kicker. 26, 34 and 36 yards. This assumes the snap, hold and weather was decent for those 3 kicks. The other misses (43, 43, 44, 45, 48, 52) are easier to understand. I'd say we've been spoiled on so many fronts. Keller was money and Cam will be there too. Folks forget that Keller had 2 years to get stronger and be in the atmosphere before kicking with the lights on. Cam showed up and had to kick with the lights on without the benefit of Kramer's strength program. I'd imagine Cam got tired a little during the year and was just working through it.

If Cam makes 3 kicks more this past season...he matches Adam Keller's make percentage in 2012 and 2013. Another way to put it...if Cam made those chip shots and the two from 43...his make percentage would've been just behind Adam Keller's senior season.

So the kid did awesome and we're lucky to have him for 3 more years.

Farmer63
02-05-2016, 02:35 PM
I was just so happy to see Cam have a good day at the National Championship game. It had to be a great confidence builder for him. I'm looking forward to seeing him build on that in 2016.

westnodak93bison
02-05-2016, 03:24 PM
I was just so happy to see Cam have a good day at the National Championship game. It had to be a great confidence builder for him. I'm looking forward to seeing him build on that in 2016.
Agree. Anyone know what kind of coaching help is available to him? Not sure if any of our coaches have experience with kickers? Are there kicking camps available? Seems like the kid has a good leg just needs to lock down the technique.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1998braves64
02-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Agree. Anyone know what kind of coaching help is available to him? Not sure if any of our coaches have experience with kickers? Are there kicking camps available? Seems like the kid has a good leg just needs to lock down the technique.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure there are instructional camps for college players wanting to improve, that have kicking coaches available. Probably paid for with his own dollar though... That might deter some. Probably always have previous kickers to get some insight from to help him improve.

A1pigskin
02-07-2016, 12:06 AM
Bruce Anderson, Robbie Grimsley, Cam Pedersen, Dmitri Wililams.

They all contributed. Next year will even be better.

Herd12
02-07-2016, 03:21 AM
They all contributed. Next year will even be better.

Not convinced they needed to pull Dmitri's. Didn't ever use Khayvon Hawkins and didn't really use Eric Perkins on offense either. A redshirt year lost for 9 carries and two catches hurts.

Bison20
02-07-2016, 04:56 AM
Wish Deluca would have redshirted, we didn't need to use him on special teams. He was good on special teams but could have had another year of him dominating as a middle lb.

A1pigskin
02-07-2016, 06:13 PM

I was really happy for him. I could tell all the fans were to.

southcliffbison
02-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Wish Deluca would have redshirted, we didn't need to use him on special teams. He was good on special teams but could have had another year of him dominating as a middle lb.

Very true; but remember Bohl always put the best players on the field; I'm sure Deluca had some input into the decision to have his redshirt pulled.

TwinCityBison
02-09-2016, 01:45 AM
Not convinced they needed to pull Dmitri's. Didn't ever use Khayvon Hawkins and didn't really use Eric Perkins on offense either. A redshirt year lost for 9 carries and two catches hurts. Any chance they redshirt Dmitri this season and play Bridges since he already burned his ?

Herd12
02-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Any chance they redshirt Dmitri this season and play Bridges since he already burned his ?

I doubt it. They'll probably use Williams, Engel, Bridges and RJ as their top outside guys next year with Shepherd working the slot (RJ, Dmitri and Bruce Anderson will see slot time, too). It's an interesting idea, though. The Basketball program is doing it with Evan Wesenberg this season.

IzzyFlexion
02-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Any chance they redshirt Dmitri this season and play Bridges since he already burned his ?

Was this intentional?.................

If so...................very clever!

Alsen
02-09-2016, 07:40 PM
I disagree with redshirting Williams. If we are going to have any chance of defeating the Hawkeyes we will need all of the speed we can muster to wear down their CB's.

Bison will need a very clever game plan to be competitive in that game. I would like to see Williams,Urzendowski,Shepherd,Bridges,and Engel running a continual flow of 9 routes,and deep posts while we burn their LB's with our RB's and slot receivers on wheel routes,screens and seam passes. As much credit as our RB's get, I still think they are underrated as receivers.

If we go in their full of presumption and arrogance thinking we will power run it right down their throats, it will be playing right into their strengths.
Their pass rush is weak.

We have the talent to pick them apart in the middle of the field. Dunn,Anderson,Frazier,Morlock, Illies, and whoever wins the H-back and blocking TE positions. Some have mentioned Morlock changing positions.

Then, in the 4th quarter after they are worn out....throw at the mighty Desmond King. He isn't fast; and if we can tire him and his buddy out in the first three quarters our WR's should be able to get a step or two if Stick improves his deep ball; and then of course, the power run game when we have the advantage instead of them.

It's good that Lomax graduated but I was disappointed Desmond King didn't declare.

Bison20
02-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Has anyone heard how khayvon has been looking. Seemed to look good during the spring game but didn't see the field much this year. Hoping he can add some depth to the outside receivers.

ZHerd
02-09-2016, 09:20 PM
I disagree with redshirting Williams. If we are going to have any chance of defeating the Hawkeyes we will need all of the speed we can muster to wear down their CB's.

Bison will need a very clever game plan to be competitive in that game. I would like to see Williams,Urzendowski,Shepherd,Bridges,and Engel running a continual flow of 9 routes,and deep posts while we burn their LB's with our RB's and slot receivers on wheel routes,screens and seam passes. As much credit as our RB's get, I still think they are underrated as receivers.

If we go in their full of presumption and arrogance thinking we will power run it right down their throats, it will be playing right into their strengths.
Their pass rush is weak.

We have the talent to pick them apart in the middle of the field. Dunn,Anderson,Frazier,Morlock, Illies, and whoever wins the H-back and blocking TE positions. Some have mentioned Morlock changing positions.

Then, in the 4th quarter after they are worn out....throw at the mighty Desmond King. He isn't fast; and if we can tire him and his buddy out in the first three quarters our WR's should be able to get a step or two if Stick improves his deep ball; and then of course, the power run game when we have the advantage instead of them.

It's good that Lomax graduated but I was disappointed Desmond King didn't declare.

Solid post and shredding them with the short game (RB and slot WR) worked well against a similar style K-state team. Difference is we could run against Kstate and I think we will be very lucky to make 2ypc vs Iowa. Our physicality will mean nothing against Iowa and we will not wear them out with ground and pound. The passing game needs to work or we will go 3 and out all day and never sniff the end zone. My guess is any larger runs will be Easton

Herd12
02-10-2016, 12:20 AM

Their pass rush is weak.

This a well thought out post from a game-plan perspective but if any long-term program decisions are made on beating/not beating Iowa, people should be very upset. Priority #1 is #6.

Vet70
02-10-2016, 01:26 AM
I will leave it to the coaching staff to come up with a game plan to beat Iowa. They usually do a pretty good job.

ZHerd
02-10-2016, 03:37 AM
I will leave it to the coaching staff to come up with a game plan to beat Iowa. They usually do a pretty good job.

Good thing since you don't have a say anyways. Honestly though, what else are we supposed to discuss all summer...Frisco motel reservations? :duel:

Vet70
02-10-2016, 03:48 AM
Good thing since you don't have a say anyways. Honestly though, what else are we supposed to discuss all summer...Frisco motel reservations? :duel:

True. I regularly send e-mails to Klieman with suggestions, but like my letters to the Forum and Herald about the cesspool at UND I get no response.

StL Bison Fan
02-10-2016, 03:50 AM

What happened to that recipe thread??

BlueBisonRock
02-10-2016, 04:11 AM
What happened to that recipe thread??

After presenting your men's fashion acumen in a separate social media outlet, I thought you would be setting up a fashionista thread. Should brown spikes make an appearance, or should the traditional black still be an option?

ZHerd
02-10-2016, 04:14 AM
True. I regularly send e-mails to Klieman with suggestions, but like my letters to the Forum and Herald about the cesspool at UND I get no response.

That's too much effort when you can simply make your mark through Bisonville. I estimate that the coaches get 11% of their gameplan from here. Consider the following: Carson starting the Championship game, the defense vastly improving, Easton throwing a pass to Carson...and I could keep going. All major topics addressed here in advance of their becoming reality. Too overwhelming to be coincidental. purple

ZHerd
02-10-2016, 04:18 AM
After presenting your men's fashion acumen in a separate social media outlet, I thought you would be setting up a fashionista thread. Should brown spikes make an appearance, or should the traditional black still be an option?

Clothing over food??? :(

yopaulie
02-10-2016, 06:10 PM

Will white sleeveless men's t-shirts become a high end fashion trend in 2016?

StL Bison Fan
02-10-2016, 07:38 PM

Under a pastel blazer...

Vet70
02-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Under a pastel blazer...

And sandals with white socks?

Vet70
02-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Under a pastel blazer...

StL Bison Fan
02-10-2016, 07:53 PM

No socks. Think Miami vice. Flashback!

Mr Meaty
02-10-2016, 08:45 PM

Hey my Grandpa used to resemble that fashion statement. I do it in flip flops!!

17>1
02-10-2016, 08:48 PM

Sounds like something CAS would wear.

Vet70
02-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Hey my Grandpa used to resemble that fashion statement. I do it in flip flops!!

Hey, not that there is anything wrong with that.