PDA

View Full Version : FBGP's Senior Bowl Interview: Joe Haeg

EmDiggy
01-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Good morning Gang! Congrats on Title #5... I guess that never gets old huh? Here's my interview w/former BiZon Joe Haeg this week at the Senior Bowl:

FBGP's Senior Bowl Prospect Interview: Joe Haeg (http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-2016-reeses-senior-bowl-interview-joe-haeg/)

IzzyFlexion
01-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Em...........at the 2:00 mark, you asked Joe if NDSU's 5 consecutive national championships are "by happenstance".

Is that the philosophy that prompted you to pick against the Herd a few weeks ago?

tony
01-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Em...........at the 2:00 mark, you asked Joe if NDSU's 5 consecutive national championships are "by happenstance".

Is that the philosophy that prompted you to pick against the Herd a few weeks ago?

Ha! You really don't like it when somebody picks against the Bison, do you?

EmDiggy was on the Jacksonville State bandwagon right from the start this year, and that was a very good call.

IzzyFlexion
01-28-2016, 01:28 PM
Ha! You really don't like it when somebody picks against the Bison, do you?

EmDiggy was on the Jacksonville State bandwagon right from the start this year, and that was a very good call.

Guilty as charged.

Hey........what can I tell you?....................

I'm a loyal bastard that's proud of my school.

Call it Kool-Aid if you'd like.

I prefer to call it 71-5 and 5 titles over a 5 year period.

Lastly, what did you mean by, "that was a very good call" ??

tony
01-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Lastly, what did you mean by, "that was a very good call" ??

I was talking about his preseason predictions. I'm pretty sure that EmDiggy was picking Jacksonville State as a team to beat to get to the championship... not many other people were doing that.

IzzyFlexion
01-28-2016, 02:33 PM
I was talking about his preseason predictions. I'm pretty sure that EmDiggy was picking Jacksonville State as a team to beat to get to the championship... not many other people were doing that.

Now, let me preface this by imploring you to not see me as some sort of malcontent with regards to either you or Em-Diggy.

I think it's high time we have a discussion like this.

I find it interesting that you say that he was somewhat of a "lone wolf" in taking JSU to take it all this year. Interesting because if the majority of unbiased predictors were picking NDSU, what does that say about Em?

I like the guy and think that he's very intelligent. But I also believe that he spends so much time OVER-analyzing SO MUCH football, that perhaps he loses sight of the intangible aspects of the game. By this I mean, things that happen off of the field that can propel a program to greatness. Here are just a few examples:

1) The FFD's commitment to the new turf. (decrease in non-contact related injuries).

2) A culture steeped in tradition and success (huge in recruiting and retaining players).

3) Deep involvement within the community. (players here feel immensely important. This instills tremendous responsibility in the minds of these student athletes in terms of hard work, discipline, and classroom excellence so as not to disappoint the fan base).

4) Ancillary personnel. NDSU is fortunate in that the Athletic Training Department is certainly in the "elite" category. We all know about Jim Kramer and what he is able to get out of these kids. Obviously, our ADs have been brilliant when it comes to getting good coaches here.

I could ramble further but I think my point is made. Yeah, in terms of "Xs and Os", Em may have been on to something. But, not only was he wrong................he was 30-something points wrong.

My goal here is point out that just because we see the guy on some sort of video blog, doesn't mean he's the "end all, be all" in predicting the outcome of football games.

tony
01-28-2016, 03:07 PM
I find it interesting that you say that he was somewhat of a "lone wolf" in taking JSU to take it all this year. Interesting because if the majority of unbiased predictors were picking NDSU, what does that say about Em?

To me, it was impressive that he was picking JSU before the season started (so before the Auburn game) when everybody else was picking NDSU. NDSU was an easy and, for some, a lazy pick.

http://www.csnphilly.com/content/2015-fcs-football-preseason-polls-sporting-news-puts-north-dakota-state-1-villanova-4

Sporting News had JSU at #7, for example.

Bison 4 Life
01-28-2016, 03:08 PM
To me, it was impressive that he was picking JSU before the season started (so before the Auburn game) when everybody else was picking NDSU. NDSU was an easy and, for some, a lazy pick.

http://www.csnphilly.com/content/2015-fcs-football-preseason-polls-sporting-news-puts-north-dakota-state-1-villanova-4

How is it a lazy pick when no matter what happens, they always win the whole f'n thing?

IzzyFlexion
01-28-2016, 03:10 PM

Understood............

For the record, I picked the Bison to win by 12.

That being said, I'm currently shopping my new video blog concept: "Boobs and Football".

Bisonville GasMan
01-28-2016, 03:19 PM

Agree. Someone explain to me how anything that happens 5 times consecutively can be posited as "by happenstance?"

Vet70
01-28-2016, 03:37 PM
How is it a lazy pick when no matter what happens, they always win the whole f'n thing?

A person who is "unwilling to work or use energy" in their picks does seem to fit.

BisonFanAnn
01-28-2016, 03:43 PM
Agree. Someone explain to me how anything that happens 5 times consecutively can be posited as "by happenstance?"

C'mon, let's face it. The Bison just got lucky. Every game. He just wanted Joe to admit it!

SDbison
01-28-2016, 03:53 PM
I was talking about his preseason predictions. I'm pretty sure that EmDiggy was picking Jacksonville State as a team to beat to get to the championship... not many other people were doing that. It's OK, Em was just swayed by "all that southern speed" and thought no way a team from the north could deal with it.

YOUVEBEENTHUNDERSTRUCK
01-28-2016, 07:51 PM
That being said, I'm currently shopping my new video blog concept: "Boobs and Football".

i support your idea

VirginiaBison
01-28-2016, 10:23 PM
C'mon, let's face it. The Bison just got lucky. Every game. He just wanted Joe to admit it!

Yep, just ask every team in all 5 playoff years... they all just didn't play their game that day.... nothing to do with Bison being a better team. ... just happenstance....!

Green1
01-28-2016, 11:57 PM
A person who is "unwilling to work or use energy" in their picks does seem to fit.

Work smarter not harder.

BisonHorns
01-29-2016, 12:40 AM
EmBiggy should interview Eli Jenkins and report to JSU. I think Izzy is 100 percent on the mark.

CAS4127
01-29-2016, 12:49 AM

Pretty sure Em was throwing a softball there to let Joe elaborate on just how much it's not mere happenstance. Instead, it's hard work, discipline and believing in the system that is NDSU football, and so much more.

In fact, I'm positive of that. Relax!

Sent from my iPhone.

No_Skill
01-29-2016, 02:34 AM
Understood............

For the record, I picked the Bison to win by 12.

That's a concept I could latch on to.

MAKBison
01-29-2016, 02:38 AM
That's a concept I could latch on to.

Yeah, I am definitely feeling it!

No_Skill
01-29-2016, 02:42 AM
Izzy...be sure to keep us abreast of the development.

thebootfitter
01-29-2016, 02:43 AM
Pretty sure Em was throwing a softball there to let Joe elaborate on just how much it's not mere happenstance. Instead, it's hard work, discipline and believing in the system that is NDSU football, and so much more.

Sent from my iPhone.
This right here.

I think it is getting harder for Em to pick against the Bison, but he'll still analyze each game and call it as he sees it. I can respect that.

MAKBison
01-29-2016, 02:47 AM
Izzy...be sure to keep us abreast of the development.

Now that the concept is out there it will be a nip and tuck ordeal to be the first to get it off the ground. Announcing it like Izzy did is gunna give it a good bounce. Just has a nice all around feeling. It really is something I could take a hold of.

Rock
01-29-2016, 02:59 AM
https://twitter.com/fballgameplan/status/572921095856259072

this twit of fbgp's appears to correlate with predictions.

CAS4127
01-29-2016, 03:01 AM

Actually, what Em tweeted there is the opposite. Not sure he realizes that.

Sent from my iPhone.

Bison Bridge Guy
01-29-2016, 03:14 AM

Sent from my iPhone.

I disagree. He was more tee-ing him up than lobbing a softball, but whatever. :)

IzzyFlexion
01-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Actually, what Em tweeted there is the opposite. Not sure he realizes that.

So.................can I stop relaxing and get riled up again?

As far as Em........Oh, he realizes what he tweeted. Clearly he believes it......................And he's wrong..............He revealed that burr that's been under his saddle since January 9th during the Haeg interview. He knew that he blew the pick (BY 30 POINTS!!!) so he subliminally covered his ass by throwing the "happenstance" thing out there. By doing this, he convinced X number of NDSU hater dolts that the Bison "got lucky again".

If I were to twat something related to his, I would say that "Great programs know how to evaluate a combination of talent, work ethic, and responsible student athletes....then get 'em the hell to NDSU".

EC8CH
01-29-2016, 01:09 PM

Talent will win you some games... maybe even a championship once and a while.

Pretty sure it takes a system to pull off a fivepeat.

Bisonville GasMan
01-29-2016, 02:59 PM
So.................can I stop relaxing and get riled up again?

As far as Em........Oh, he realizes what he tweeted. Clearly he believes it......................And he's wrong..............He revealed that burr that's been under his saddle since January 9th during the Haeg interview. He knew that he blew the pick (BY 30 POINTS!!!) so he subliminally covered his ass by throwing the "happenstance" thing out there. By doing this, he convinced X number of NDSU hater dolts that the Bison "got lucky again".

If I were to twat something related to his, I would say that "Great programs know how to evaluate a combination of talent, work ethic, and responsible student athletes....then get 'em the hell to NDSU".

OK. OK. Fine points and all. But, could you get back to the "Boobs and Football" concept.

CAS4127
01-29-2016, 03:27 PM

After re-reading the twit and after further consideration, perhaps Em isn't an elite football mind when it comes to judging talent on his own, because if he picked JSU over the Bison because he felt they had more talent ... well, he was dead wrong. I did not see more talent on JSU's side of the ball. How he may have gives me pause when it comes to deferring to him for football knowledge.

IzzyFlexion
01-29-2016, 03:49 PM
OK. OK. Fine points and all. But, could you get back to the "Boobs and Football" concept.

10-4..............I'll get right on that. *

*twss

Bisonville GasMan
01-29-2016, 04:46 PM
10-4..............I'll get right on that. *

*twss

To be serious, I agree with all your posts and with CAS above.

How do we ever win against teams with more talent and so much more speed?

Horseshit!

We don't get enough credit for the athleticism and talent that we have. Just look at Delucca for example. He may not have a 40 time to wow people...but put him within 5-10 yards of a ball carrier and he will close faster than a blink of an eye and put a hit on that guy like no other. Our athletes seem to get over looked by all these expert 'analysts'.

Finally, Izzy two words: Beth. Hoole. Co-host.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EC8CH
01-29-2016, 05:25 PM
I think most people who claim other teams have more talent or speed than the Bison are failing to consider each team's Defense. That were NDSU puts their most talent and speed and these people overlook that.

Bisonville GasMan
01-29-2016, 05:30 PM
I think most people who claim other teams have more talent or speed than the Bison are failing to consider each team's Defense. That were NDSU puts their most talent and speed and these people overlook that.

They also probably love spread offenses and games with final scores of 60 something to 50 something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KilldeerBison
01-29-2016, 05:36 PM
Does the badge that Em wears "NOT VALID ON GAME DAY" give him an easy out when he makes bad/wrong predictions?

CaBisonFan
01-29-2016, 08:46 PM
What is Joe's status for tomorrow?

CAS4127
01-29-2016, 08:48 PM
What is Joe's status for tomorrow?

Not likely to play. Nursing a strained shoulder--not sure which one.