PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Lines from Jax State Fans at National Championship Game

BisonNeil
01-25-2016, 06:12 PM
I meant to post this the week after the natty, but got busy, but I think it is still worth noting that among the eight national championships I have attended, this one was the most satisfying and enjoyable. This is largely because of the arrogant and pompous attitude of the Jax State fans. I ignored the garbage spewed by the trolls on BV, but things said to me, and what I overheard, are priceless and I think demonstrate their supercilious attitude.

Night before the game at Ginger Man pub near our hotel. I buy two Jax State fans a beer and tell them we should talk about some matchups in the game. They wanted no part of it, only wanting to talk smack. When they both predicted that their offense would hang 40 to 50 points on the Bison defense, I said "you know, our defense has been playing lights out, they could do what they have been doing in the playoffs and hold your offense to their lowest yardage output and lowest point total". They looked at each other and one of them said:

"Old man, you're delusional"
(this had been talked about before on BV so it is perhaps possible that this is true)

After the game and award ceremony I was rushing out to enjoy the post-game tailgate when I overheard a woman tell her likely husband:

"If they would have just played their game we would have beaten them and it wouldn't even have been close"

Just a few steps later I heard one older man say to another:

"I just don't understand what happened. The Bison aren't even that good"
(after hearing the previous response and this one I couldn't take it and I responded vociferously and in an agitated state, not my finest hour)

On the shuttle bus early Sunday morning from the rental car complex to the airport, which was predominately Jax State fans, a man makes he way to my wife and I near the front of the bus and says:

"You know ya'll aren't as good as Auburn, right?"

To which two other fans nearby said in stereo:

"I'm not sure I agree with that"

To which he responded looking at me angrily:

"Don't matter, you're not as good as us, we just didn't play our game, we wuz flat"

And finally, on a positive note, as we pulled up to the airport, and older guy standing next to me said:

"When I saw how friggin big your offensive line was, and after they blew our defensive line eight yards off the line of scrimmage on the first play, I knew it was going to be a long day"

Classic.

Perhaps you all had some similar experiences with Jax State fans.

BisonFan02
01-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Ever listen to Auburn and Alabama fans call into the Paul Finebaum show?

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 06:22 PM
Ever listen to Auburn and Alabama fans call into the Paul Finebaum show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n6jxMKUluE

GreenfieldBison
01-25-2016, 06:30 PM
I meant to post this the week after the natty, but got busy, but I think it is still worth noting that among the eight national championships I have attended, this one was the most satisfying and enjoyable. This is largely because of the arrogant and pompous attitude of the Jax State fans. I ignored the garbage spewed by the trolls on BV, but things said to me, and what I overheard, are priceless and I think demonstrate their supercilious attitude.

Night before the game at Ginger Man pub near our hotel. I buy two Jax State fans a beer and tell them we should talk about some matchups in the game. They wanted no part of it, only wanting to talk smack. When they both predicted that their offense would hang 40 to 50 points on the Bison defense, I said "you know, our defense has been playing lights out, they could do what they have been doing in the playoffs and hold your offense to their lowest yardage output and lowest point total". They looked at each other and one of them said:

(this had been talked about before on BV so it is perhaps possible that this is true)

After the game and award ceremony I was rushing out to enjoy the post-game tailgate when I overheard a woman tell her likely husband:

"If they would have just played their game we would have beaten them and it wouldn't even have been close"

Just a few steps later I heard one older man say to another:

"I just don't understand what happened. The Bison aren't even that good"
(after hearing the previous response and this one I couldn't take it and I responded vociferously and in an agitated state, not my finest hour)

On the shuttle bus early Sunday morning from the rental car complex to the airport, which was predominately Jax State fans, a man makes he way to my wife and I near the front of the bus and says:

"You know ya'll aren't as good as Auburn, right?"

To which two other fans nearby said in stereo:

"I'm not sure I agree with that"

To which he responded looking at me angrily:

"Don't matter, you're not as good as us, we just didn't play our game, we wuz flat"

And finally, on a positive note, as we pulled up to the airport, and older guy standing next to me said:

"When I saw how friggin big your offensive line was, and after they blew our defensive line eight yards off the line of scrimmage on the first play, I knew it was going to be a long day"

Classic.

Perhaps you all had some similar experiences with Jax State fans.

Was that "flat" or "fat"?

Jax St. fans I sat by at the game were knowledgeable (one former player) and realistic - and pretty humbled by the experience. There was a group up at the top in SRO who were vocal and I would say somewhat less um, sophisticated shall we say. I don't think the folks sitting near me were proud of them.

I also encountered some fans on my first leg flight out to Atlanta and they were also pretty humbled and complementary of the Bison. If they harbored any belief that their team just had an off day they did not betray it.

bisonmike2
01-25-2016, 06:36 PM
On the car rental shuttle from the airport one of their fans jokingly said, "We hope y'all be ready to leave by the third quarter." It was mostly harmless but still struck me that they really were confident that not only were they going to beat us, but they were going to do so by a large margin. Other fans I spoke to after the game were congratulatory but in shock. Almost all of them said that they did not see that coming.

Vet70
01-25-2016, 06:39 PM
And Tammy from Clanton, Alabama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGbmJLr6coY

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Alabama is a treasure trove of crazy.

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 07:01 PM

According to ESPN, Tammy is a 48 year old grandmother of six.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11940424/meet-phyllis-tammy-first-ladies-iron-bowl

Vet70
01-25-2016, 07:03 PM
Southern Speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYHssPWFiM

Bison Loaf
01-25-2016, 07:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0QH5ETjM_jQ

And then there's "southern speed" against the Bison. :eek:

Come to think of it.............that field WAS a little mushy down in Frisco. I think they've got a legitimate bitch!

ndsubison1
01-25-2016, 07:24 PM
Nothing wrong with thinking your team will win, but the excuses and delusions are funny. Every playoffs we seem to go through this with most teams. I hope it stays this way and it likely will. I laughed at all of the people who thought JSU would score 30+, esp 40-50. When will they realize we aren't a pud defense?

Bison03
01-25-2016, 07:42 PM
Talking smack before the game; ok I get it, it's fun. You could make a case how your offense is a juggernaut, big offensive stats, Auburn, whatever. But to then make excuses after having watched the game; that's just sour grapes and not accepting defeat very well. After Montana and USD this year, hell; even after UNI in 2014, Indiana State in 2012, and Youngstown State in 2011; you could point out a lot of things that NDSU did wrong in that game that led to them losing. But I don't think there were a majority of people saying that we didn't play our game and that it wasn't anything but the play of the other team that led to their victory over the Bison.

BisonFanAnn
01-25-2016, 08:06 PM
Before the team walks in the morning, I visited with the parent of a JSU player (a senior), presumably a bit knowledgeable about football. I wished good luck to his son, and a great game. He said something along the lines of "It should be a great game. And your team isn't going anywhere for the next few years - I've looked at y'all's roster!"

At a restaurant after the game, we saw some Illinois State fans. They came to our table and congratulated us. One guy said "Good game! But I hate you guys!" (everyone laughed on both sides). I admitted to cheering for Richmond in the quarters, to which he said "No way! You've got to cheer for the Valley teams!" I said "Normally, yes - but we wanted home field advantage!". I couldn't argue with that. Nice guy.

SomeJsuFan
01-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Well let me man up and say that was just about the most thorough "whupping" I've ever seen our guys go through. Still stunned! Ya'll have a great thing going there in Fargo.

And also: wow, I have never been so dang cold in my life; not sure how you guys deal with that (or worse) for weeks at a time. :-)

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 08:33 PM
Well let me man up and say that was just about the most thorough "whupping" I've ever seen our guys go through. Still stunned! Ya'll have a great thing going there in Fargo.

And also: wow, I have never been so dang cold in my life; not sure how you guys deal with that (or worse) for weeks at a time. :-)

That's a "unseasonably warm" day in Fargo. Average high today is 18.

As for you, good on ya! I stayed in friendly surroundings when I was in Texas so I didn't run across any JSU fans but I got into it online with a couple. I totally believe OP's anecdotes but I also believe they are outliers.

bri-dog
01-25-2016, 08:35 PM
I ran into just a few JSU fans at Tight Ends after the game. One of them said "Y'all's defensive ends are big -- and damn, there's no fat on 'em"...

SDbison
01-25-2016, 08:38 PM
I ran into just a few JSU fans at Tight Ends after the game. One of them said "Y'all's defensive ends are big -- and damn, there's no fat on 'em"... LOL.....at least some of their fans are recognizing big and fat might not be a good thing.

Bison Loaf
01-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Talking smack before the game; ok I get it, it's fun. You could make a case how your offense is a juggernaut, big offensive stats, Auburn, whatever. But to then make excuses after having watched the game; that's just sour grapes and not accepting defeat very well. After Montana and USD this year, hell; even after UNI in 2014, Indiana State in 2012, and Youngstown State in 2011; you could point out a lot of things that NDSU did wrong in that game that led to them losing. But I don't think there were a majority of people saying that we didn't play our game and that it wasn't anything but the play of the other team that led to their victory over the Bison.

I think we are more than capable of being poor sports after a loss ;)...................but I do agree with you that I think the majority of us recognize where, when, how and in what way we've been beat in those 5 times over the last 5 years, or in the years leading up to this run. At least I'd like to think so! :) An honest recognition of how you've truly been beaten, is how you get better over the long haul. And that goes for everything in life, IMO, not just football.

But even if Bison Fans were to consistently blame the defeats on "a bad day" and a "flat" effort........................one could certainly see how some might hold such an opinion. I mean, mein gootness volks, four of those 5 losses were by a mere 3 points...........3 stinking points!! The other loss was by 20 points, where we flat got beat, and learned from it.

This game with JSU, on the other hand, was a 27 point difference and a 24 point spanking at halftime!! As football games go, it wasn't all that competitive. As such, you really have to shake your head when you hear the other fans, players and even the other coach say that they "just had a bad day". :facepalm: The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that kind of nonsense is that these guys aren't going to be able to sustain this level of competition very long (consistently deep playoff runs and title game appearances), with that kind of attitude.

JDZ
01-25-2016, 08:55 PM
My favorite quote:

"Wow, look at their stocking hats. They're legit."

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 08:57 PM
I think we are more than capable of being poor sports after a loss ;)...................but I do agree with you that I think the majority of us recognize where, when, how and in what way we've been beat in those 5 times over the last 5 years, or in the years leading up to this run. At least I'd like to think so! :) An honest recognition of how you've truly been beaten, is how you get better over the long haul. And that goes for everything in life, IMO, not just football.

But even if Bison Fans were to consistently blame the defeats on "a bad day" and a "flat" effort........................one could certainly see how some might hold such an opinion. I mean, mein gootness volks, four of those 5 losses were by a mere 3 points...........3 stinking points!! The other loss was by 20 points, where we flat got beat, and learned from it.

This game with JSU, on the other hand, was a 27 point difference and a 24 point spanking at halftime!! As football games go, it wasn't all that competitive. As such, you really have to shake your head when you hear the other fans, players and even the other coach say that they "just had a bad day". :facepalm: The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that kind of nonsense is that these guys aren't going to be able to sustain this level of competition very long (consistently deep playoff runs and title game appearances), with that kind of attitude.

They were beaten in both halves, just in case they though that their second half performance was superior to ours.

SomeJsuFan
01-25-2016, 08:57 PM
I was most impressed with your fan culture, and how loudly you guys were in the game. How did your fanbase go about establishing things like your first down chants? Is there some sort of mutually agreed upon script that is followed? Did your cheerleaders start this thing up, or is it something begun by your stadium announcer? Or is it something native-born, spontaneously springing forth from the breast of all true Bison fans? Not trying to rip off your ideas, honest*.

*Totally stealing your ideas.

56BISON73
01-25-2016, 09:05 PM

:rofl::rofl: Made my day!!!

HerdBot
01-25-2016, 09:09 PM
I heard this... "But they are not even that fast!"

Bison Loaf
01-25-2016, 09:13 PM
They were beaten in both halves, just in case they though that their second half performance was superior to ours.

Yes, but recognize that WE got beat in pom-pomming. And that is completely unacceptable!

ZHerd
01-25-2016, 09:19 PM
I was most impressed with your fan culture, and how loudly you guys were in the game. How did your fanbase go about establishing things like your first down chants? Is there some sort of mutually agreed upon script that is followed? Did your cheerleaders start this thing up, or is it something begun by your stadium announcer? Or is it something native-born, spontaneously springing forth from the breast of all true Bison fans? Not trying to rip off your ideas, honest*.

Good question, I'm not sure how that originated. I'm assuming it didn't start until the dome era but could be wrong

BisonTeacher
01-25-2016, 09:21 PM

I wish he would said...."5 of their last 8 Tammy", one more time.

Bison03
01-25-2016, 09:22 PM

As far as I remember, it was started by the students. Then the PA announcer got in on the fun and after a first down says "That's another Bison...." followed by the crowd replying "First Down.....Ahhhhh....MOVE THOSE CHANS." I could be wrong but that's how I remember it. It has really done a good job of being just a student thing to a whole crowd thing.

SDbison
01-25-2016, 09:23 PM

And also: wow, I have never been so dang cold in my life; not sure how you guys deal with that (or worse) for weeks at a time. :-) Cold? I just had short sleeve t-shirt on for nearly the entire game. Put my windbreaker jacket on just before I rushed the field.

TransAmBison
01-25-2016, 09:26 PM
As far as I remember, it was started by the students. Then the PA announcer got in on the fun and after a first down says "That's another Bison...." followed by the crowd replying "First Down.....Ahhhhh....MOVE THOSE CHANS." I could be wrong but that's how I remember it. It was really done a good job of being just a student thing to a whole crowd thing.Yep...started with the student section and slowly grew to other sections. Helped having students graduate and occupy other sections.

SomeJsuFan
01-25-2016, 09:31 PM
...Then the PA announcer got in on the fun and after a first down...

They say our guy is some sort of radio announcer, but I think his day job must be at the morgue adjacent to the campus.

gumby013
01-25-2016, 09:35 PM
They say our guy is some sort of radio announcer, but I think his day job must be at the morgue adjacent to the campus.

Ours is for sure a radio guy.

http://mixfargo.com/shows/show/dan-michaels/

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
01-25-2016, 09:58 PM

Well, you can count them in weeks if you want, but it's easier to count them by the months. Most of us use the heck out of the winter, with all the various winter sports, including snowmobiling, skiing, snowshoeing, etc. It's not hard to overdress for cross country skiing even when it's below zero. When I was a kid, skating parties were a big thing, not sure about that anymore. I've always been into hunting, and of course fur is prime this time of year.

Thanks for the 'grats, and good luck to your team next year!

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 10:06 PM
Good question, I'm not sure how that originated. I'm assuming it didn't start until the dome era but could be wrong

I remember it back in the late 80's, yeah, it was the students. Probably could have been earlier. I wasn't a student until the early 90's

VirginiaBison
01-25-2016, 11:20 PM
Good question, I'm not sure how that originated. I'm assuming it didn't start until the dome era but could be wrong A lot of the pre-during-post game stuff didn't start until the Dome was build. Dakota Field was not a venue that inspired such excitement and entertainment.... however the in the outdoor venue, the crowd chants were most certainly not polite nor politically correct. Besides if the wind was blowing, crowd noise would be blown away and almost non-existent.

I believe the Boosters and the Alumni Assn has been a huge (key?)factor in building and promoting Bizon Fandom.

I also believe that recruiting is a key to sustaining an excited fan base as fans can "grow up" with the kids and identify with them through their 4-5 years with the team. When you depend on CC or Transfers there is no developing relationships, its just sort of a mercenary relationship.

It is interesting that more than a few JSU folks seem to think that 80%(?) of the Bison fans are strap hangers who never when to school at NDSU but are wantabee Bison supports as long as the Herd is successful. It's hard, really hard, for outsiders to understand the Bison and Bison Pride.

Hammersmith
01-25-2016, 11:27 PM
I remember it back in the late 80's, yeah, it was the students. Probably could have been earlier. I wasn't a student until the early 90's

I remember "That's another Bison ... FIRST DOWN" back in the 90's, but I don't remember the "Move those chains" being part of it back then.

No_Skill
01-25-2016, 11:31 PM
I remember "That's another Bison ... FIRST DOWN" back in the 90's, but I don't remember the "Move those chains" being part of it back then.

I know it was done in the student section in the mid-late 90s.

...along with the infamous chant for number 2 on the opposing team. That one has pretty much disappeared, I think.

Hammersmith
01-25-2016, 11:32 PM
I know it was done in the student section in the mid-late 90s.

The "move those chains" part? I guess it hadn't gotten up to the band then.

No_Skill
01-25-2016, 11:39 PM
The "move those chains" part? I guess it hadn't gotten up to the band then.

Pretty sure. It may have been closer to 2000.

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 11:41 PM

A few of my friends were the "hawaiian shirt guys" from the late 80's they were definitely doing that at Dacotah Field.

bisonmike2
01-26-2016, 12:27 AM
Tony, unban Lakes so he can post on here and share his knowledge of how he started all of NDSU's fan chants.

Bisonville GasMan
01-26-2016, 06:06 AM
Yes, but recognize that WE got beat in pom-pomming. And that is completely unacceptable!

This here is true...I seent it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
01-26-2016, 06:33 AM

They waved the damn things during time outs? WTF?

NFH Schlüssel
01-26-2016, 06:54 AM

I have to ask... which was previously discussed on BV, that you're an old man or that you're delusional? :biggrin: :hide:

MNLonghorn10
01-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Tony, unban Lakes so he can post on here and share his knowledge of how he started all of NDSU's fan chants.
Why is this purple?

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2016, 12:58 PM

My buddy spend most of the game obsessing over them and had to go over and get one that was left behind.

The Toyota Stadium crew that was picking them up looked really pissed.

Bison Loaf
01-26-2016, 01:36 PM
They waved the damn things during time outs? WTF?

Makes sense. The time-outs were the only time they weren't receiving a beat-down. I'd be happy and waving them, too, I guess! :biggrin:

EC8CH
01-26-2016, 01:45 PM
Had an older lady tell me it was so windy in Texas because it was so flat there. Said it doesn't get nearly as windy in Alabama because they at least have some mountains there, nothing like we have up in Fargo though... I didn't know how to respond to that.

BisonNation11
01-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Had an older lady tell me it was so windy in Texas because it was so flat there. Said it doesn't get nearly as windy in Alabama because they at least have some mountains there, nothing like we have up in Fargo though... I didn't know how to respond to that.

Explains why their boys were so fat. No idea what a wind sprint is...

Elvis was a Bison
01-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Why is this purple?

Surprised that you could recognize that with your "Lakes is the man" rose colored glasses on.....

MNLonghorn10
01-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Surprised that you could recognize that with your "Lakes is the man" rose colored glasses on.....
You can still see purple through red.

bisonmike2
01-26-2016, 02:23 PM
Why is this purple?

Good point.

Fixed.

Edit: I don't want to derail this thread but shouldn't Lakes be reconsidered for unbanishment? Tony, didn't you say something years ago like, "Yeah, sure. I'll unban Lakes when we win 5 straight national championships." :)

Vet70
01-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Good point.

Fixed.

Edit: I don't want to derail this thread but shouldn't Lakes be reconsidered for unbanishment? Tony, didn't you say something years ago like, "Yeah, sure. I'll unban Lakes when we win 5 straight national championships." :)

I think that tony may have been referring to FBS championships.

MNLonghorn10
01-26-2016, 02:29 PM
This guy gets it
Tapa +rep

thebigund
01-26-2016, 03:17 PM

It originated as a new way to get a good "Sioux suck shit" in. "Ahhh move those chains.... Sioux suck shit.... So much shit..... That's a lot of shit." It's less about the celebrating the first down and more about compensating for something even though the team has won 5 straight titles.

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2016, 03:19 PM
It originated as a new way to get a good "Sioux suck shit" in. "Ahhh move those chains.... Sioux suck shit.... So much shit..... That's a lot of shit." It's less about the celebrating the first down and more about compensating for something even though the team has won 5 straight titles.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8f/d2/41/8fd241881b9715b046e5cc96f1a6dd4c.gif

89MTBISON
01-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Midway through the fourth quarter, game obviously in hand, an attractive JSU coed walks up the stairs to leave in defeat. "At least we have better looking colors."

Bison Loaf
01-26-2016, 08:19 PM

Ummmm..............it's "You suck, Hawks!" now. Try to keep up. :sigpalm:

89MTBISON
01-26-2016, 08:21 PM

Too easy, nicely done, but too easy.

posrep

garbageman
01-26-2016, 09:11 PM

Ho it's Hawks suck cock

BisonHorns
01-26-2016, 09:44 PM
At our hotel we visited shortly with a JSU couple. They just went on about how their team just didnt play well today and any other day this year was different. The other Bison fans were very nice and said they noticed that JSU struggled in the first half. I didn't stick around because...well the elevator came and that was more important.

IBleedYellow
01-26-2016, 11:46 PM
After the game had one JSU fan try and say they had a down game.

I just said "That's something that Bison fans are pretty used to hearing from teams we play in the playoffs." I will say I said it with a very think sarcasm that I'm pretty sure he picked up on. I almost wanted to add "I wonder why that is." But I didn't.

He walked away quickly.

X-Factor
01-26-2016, 11:49 PM
I really hope we sign this JSU team up for next fall. Man would they be in a tizzy after a trip to the dome.

IBleedYellow
01-26-2016, 11:50 PM
I really hope we sign this JSU team up for next fall. Man would they be in a tizzy after a trip to the dome.

We'd probably see around the same score.

They'd be pumped up coming for revenge, then run into a buzzsaw again, have another "down game" in the first half, and we'd walk out with the second half.

KC Bison
01-27-2016, 12:35 AM
Midway through the fourth quarter, game obviously in hand, an attractive JSU coed walks up the stairs to leave in defeat. "At least we have better looking colors."

Reminded me of the old lady at the Gopher game that said but don't we have a great band.

CyPanth
01-27-2016, 12:46 AM

I like "SomeJsuFan." Reminds me of myself. Seems to know his place. And appreciates you guys for what you are.

CyPanth
01-27-2016, 12:48 AM
As far as I remember, it was started by the students. Then the PA announcer got in on the fun and after a first down says "That's another Bison...." followed by the crowd replying "First Down.....Ahhhhh....MOVE THOSE CHANS." I could be wrong but that's how I remember it. It has really done a good job of being just a student thing to a whole crowd thing.

Until someone on BV clarified it for me a while ago, I thought the first down chant was: "There is another Bizon first down, rumble, rumble, rumble" (like a thundering herd). I could never make out the "move those chains" part. Frankly, I like the "rumble, rumble, rumble" better than the actual chant.

Hammersmith
01-27-2016, 12:57 AM
Until someone on BV clarified it for me a while ago, I thought the first down chant was: "There is another Bizon first down, rumble, rumble, rumble" (like a thundering herd). I could never make out the "move those chains" part. Frankly, I like the "rumble, rumble, rumble" better than the actual chant.

Maybe three Spartan "A'oo"s. If we were WIU, we could work in some "oorah"s.

Hammerhead
01-27-2016, 01:42 AM
We heard one chant across the field late in the game of: "5- peat, Sioux suck!"

SomeJsuFan
01-27-2016, 01:56 PM
I like "SomeJsuFan." Reminds me of myself. Seems to know his place. And appreciates you guys for what you are. [Emphasis mine]

Hardly. Just giving due props to the Bison for having figured out the way to do things right in their specific circumstances. They've set a challenging bar to meet. With work, we'll get there.

Bisonville GasMan
01-27-2016, 02:21 PM

They would show up cocky, lose, and then implode...season over. #buttAuburn

ptrBison
01-27-2016, 11:10 PM
I was most impressed with your fan culture, and how loudly you guys were in the game. How did your fanbase go about establishing things like your first down chants? Is there some sort of mutually agreed upon script that is followed? Did your cheerleaders start this thing up, or is it something begun by your stadium announcer? Or is it something native-born, spontaneously springing forth from the breast of all true Bison fans? Not trying to rip off your ideas, honTotally stealing your ideas.
Could you repeat repeat the part of the thing where.....

A1pigskin
01-27-2016, 11:55 PM
Ours is for sure a radio guy.

http://mixfargo.com/shows/show/dan-michaels/

Hands down!!!!

onbison09
01-28-2016, 01:09 AM
Usually after the Bison lose it's a huge meltdown and comments about how we're done (I admit I thought that after the USD game :hide:). I don't seem to remember a lot of bad day comments.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
01-28-2016, 01:18 AM

The rumbling I remember was from the unison foot stomping in the South stands at old Dacotah Field.

NorthernBison
01-28-2016, 01:46 AM
Usually after the Bison lose it's a huge meltdown and comments about how we're done (I admit I thought that after the USD game :hide:). I don't seem to remember a lot of bad day comments.

USD earned the win that day but let's avoid getting too crazy.

There were multiple REASONS why the game was there for the taking including CW breaking his wrist on our 2nd possession, the hangover from the UNI game, jumping out to a quick lead, etc.

I made a comment during pre game that the atmosphere felt weird. It really was. Everything felt flat. Even in the tailgate lot.

Having a bad day does happen but it's usually against a lesser team that you overlooked. Not in the Championship against the 4 time defending Champions.

Vet70
01-28-2016, 01:04 PM
A lot of the comments from the JSU fans remind me of a line I heard on TV last night: "She didn't win, I just lost---the only reason that she won was that I lost."

KC Bison
01-29-2016, 01:50 PM
At least we didn't have to hear the old "we just ran out of time" excuse this year.

Bison03
01-29-2016, 02:12 PM
At least we didn't have to hear the old "we just ran out of time" excuse this year.

They are fortunate that time ran out....could have been a lot worse.

IzzyFlexion
01-29-2016, 03:54 PM

Especially considering that NDSU's defensive backups held Eli and company to 5 plays and 22 yards on their last drive.

56BISON73
01-29-2016, 06:18 PM

Dont know if I could take the pom pons again.

A1pigskin
01-30-2016, 02:00 PM

Probably a record blowout.

westnodak93bison
01-30-2016, 02:11 PM
Dont know if I could take the pom pons again.
I heard there is gonna be a big push to get pom pons in the dome again especially if we get a ESPN kick off game.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
01-30-2016, 04:23 PM
I heard there is gonna be a big push to get pom pons in the dome again especially if we get a ESPN kick off game.

Pom-poms are fun! I'm one of the 77,000 at the 35 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihclys7pMRY

westnodak93bison
01-30-2016, 04:25 PM

56BISON73 is so jealous :confused :D

StL Bison Fan
01-30-2016, 04:27 PM

Yeah, but you are out of sync with everyone else.

Christopher Moen
01-30-2016, 04:36 PM
Yeah, but you are out of sync with everyone else.

No way man! I'm double fisting those pom-poms with John Bonham-like rhythm. The Patriots didn't know what hit them and when they finally could collect themselves, time had ran out. The only ones doing it better, where these guys:

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Tailgate-Super-Fan-Denver-Broncos.jpeg

Christopher Moen
01-30-2016, 05:06 PM
Here's a close-up shot gif:

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tnejNu7iKEIM6Oc/giphy.gif

56BISON73
01-30-2016, 07:12 PM

Just shoot me now.

mtoutfitter
01-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Just shoot me now.

Don't say that Pat....Obama is already more than pissed at us gun owners!!

Christopher Moen
01-30-2016, 11:42 PM
Don't say that Pat....Obama is already more than pissed at us gun owners!!

But, does the so-called POTUS like pom-poms?

Bison"FANatic"
01-31-2016, 01:24 AM
But, does the so-called POTUS like pom-poms?

Only if everybody gets said pom pons and they all have to be the same size and be of no cost to those that show a need or cant afford their own said pompons. They will also be paid for by the top 100 teammakers because we all know they won't use their affluence to buy anything that could be as good as pom pons for those to lazy to get their own.

Christopher Moen
01-31-2016, 01:37 AM
Only if everybody gets said pom pons and they all have to be the same size and be of no cost to those that show a need or cant afford their own said pompons. They will also be paid for by the top 100 teammakers because we all know they won't use their affluence to buy anything that could be as good as pom pons for those to lazy to get their own.

Will everyone participate just as much as the overachievers and shake those darn things all kinds of awesomeness? (light purple).

ndsubison1
01-31-2016, 01:39 AM
Keep seeing some of their fans saying they'll see us in Frisco next year. I guess anything can happen, but dont see it

Bison 4 Life
01-31-2016, 02:08 AM
Keep seeing some of their fans saying they'll see us in Frisco next year. I guess anything can happen, but dont see it

they can buy a ticket just the same as anyone else.

NDSUSR
01-31-2016, 02:22 AM

By executive order #232254

westnodak93bison
02-06-2016, 11:42 AM
My wife and I were about to leave the hotel for tailgating. An older JSU couple were checking out, bags in hand. My wife politely asked the old gal if they had to leave right after the game. The old gal snapped back and said "we are leaving after the celebration". I said everyone is welcome to join Bison Nation. She gave me the rolled eyes disgusted look and I just smiled ear to ear. I should have said " bless your heart"

A1pigskin
02-07-2016, 12:00 AM
My wife and I were about to leave the hotel for tailgating. An older JSU couple were checking out, bags in hand. My wife politely asked the old gal if they had to leave right after the game. The old gal snapped back and said "we are leaving after the celebration". I said everyone is welcome to join Bison Nation. She gave me the rolled eyes disgusted look and I just smiled ear to ear. I should have said " bless your heart"

Good grief. Some people....

Bison03
02-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Wow, Bison fans can be cocky, especially behind the computer; but I don't think 1% of Bison fans would say that to fans of the team they are playing. Sure, we might say it in jest with a little smirk all in good fun; but we make it pretty obvious our intent in all in good fun. Every Jacksonville St fan I say that day before and after the game; I made sure to wish them luck, tell them they played a great game, and told them we'll se you next year.

SomeBeach
02-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Wow, Bison fans can be cocky, especially behind the computer; but I don't think 1% of Bison fans would say that to fans of the team they are playing. Sure, we might say it in jest with a little smirk all in good fun; but we make it pretty obvious our intent in all in good fun. Every Jacksonville St fan I say that day before and after the game; I made sure to wish them luck, tell them they played a great game, and told them we'll se you next year.

And I think your behavior was consistent with 99% of the Bison/JSU fan interactions I observed. It's the 1% of us and/or them who are dickheads - either in person, or (in my opinion, even WORSE) those who go on the other team's chat sites and act like buffoons, that make the rest look bad. Why we are still obsessed about JSU fans a month after the game amazes me, though. WE WON. MOVE ON! There are Fighting Hawks fans to make fun of.

UncleBuck
02-18-2016, 12:42 AM
My sister told me a story of a Bison fan overhearing some Dallas folks talking. One Dallas resident was wondering about all the people wearing green and gold, The other Dallas resident said, 'Oh, that's North Dakota State, they come down here every year and kick the shit out of somebody.'

56BISON73
02-18-2016, 01:13 AM
My sister told me a story of a Bison fan overhearing some Dallas folks talking. One Dallas resident was wondering about all the people wearing green and gold, The other Dallas resident said, 'Oh, that's North Dakota State, they come down here every year and kick the shit out of somebody.'

:rofl::rofl:

IBleedYellow
02-18-2016, 02:25 AM
my sister told me a story of a bison fan overhearing some dallas folks talking. One dallas resident was wondering about all the people wearing green and gold, the other dallas resident said, 'oh, that's north dakota state, they come down here every year and kick the shit out of somebody.'

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Christopher Moen
02-18-2016, 03:45 AM

That there is a signature line!!!

A1pigskin
02-21-2016, 03:49 PM

Love it. You can't script that....

Answer Guy
02-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Love it. You can't script that....

Why couldn't you script it?

BisoninNWMN
02-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Why couldn't you script it?

I think you need a big Bison sign at Nordic. Kelly green and white are crap colors!!

Answer Guy
02-21-2016, 08:40 PM
I think you need a big Bison sign at Nordic. Kelly green and white are crap colors!!

You offering to bring one?

BisoninNWMN
02-23-2016, 11:46 AM
You offering to bring one?

You bet!

Add to the décor there!!

:)