PDA

View Full Version : JSU Eli Jenkins Arrested

Dakid3kc
01-20-2016, 03:48 PM
Will be interested to follow up and see what comes of this story.

www.annistonstar.com/news/jsu-quarterback-arrested-after-domestic-violence-call/article_623f2ecc-bf8a-11e5-8bac-7fe5a7779e51.html

MNLonghorn10
01-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Will be interesting to see how auburn and alabama react with the news about the best QB in the state

bisonmike2
01-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Well at least they'll have their defense to fall back on.

gumby013
01-20-2016, 06:07 PM
Eli making sure JSU won't come to Fargo.

KilldeerBison
01-20-2016, 06:26 PM
JSU FB tradition, next man (SEC transfer) up!

Vet70
01-20-2016, 06:30 PM
Why do I get the strange feeling that this all going to go away.

TransAmBison
01-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Why do I get the strange feeling that this all going to go away.Well...he is innocent until proven guilty. I remember a certain player that was accused of assault until video evidence proved differently...

Bison 4 Life
01-20-2016, 06:39 PM

I think if it were going to go away, it would have happened at the point of the incident. Jacksonville is a small town and that's a small campus. They would have known who he was and if they were inclined to let it go, they would have had that opportunity before.

Bisonator98
01-20-2016, 06:43 PM
Well...he is innocent until proven guilty. I remember a certain player that was accused of assault until video evidence proved differently...

This. You'd think Bison fans would be a bit more hesitant to jump on these things.:facepalm:

Bison 4 Life
01-20-2016, 06:49 PM
DV is hard to shake no matter what. If it was intimidation or coercion and not physical violence, it would still stick.

I read that Alabama statute, it's pretty broad.

Vet70
01-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Well...he is innocent until proven guilty. I remember a certain player that was accused of assault until video evidence proved differently...

I know you understand from my career experiences that I understand this--- I was not making a judgement of guilt or innocence, only my feeling that it is going away.

unbison
01-20-2016, 06:52 PM
I think if it were going to go away, it would have happened at the point of the incident. Jacksonville is a small town and that's a small campus. They would have known who he was and if they were inclined to let it go, they would have had that opportunity before.

You are on crack.... Cops are not allowed to leave the person accused of domestic violence in the home.... Charges could easily be dropped but a trip to jail is mandatory

Bison 4 Life
01-20-2016, 06:54 PM
You are on crack.... Cops are not allowed to leave the person accused of domestic violence in the home.... Charges could easily be dropped but a trip to jail is mandatory

It depends. If it were just a neighbor hearing yelling, as one JSU poster is asserting, a simple discussion between the parties would determine whether or not there is a danger there.

I won't insult you for not understanding that.

unbison
01-20-2016, 07:00 PM
Look at you just gossip
2 funny 4life go watch some free tv or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TateMosersneighbor
01-20-2016, 07:01 PM
Just be happy that we have had a good run with off field incidents. Their RB was also shot in the arm outside of a bar at 5am two months after having a kid out of wedlock. How would we react to either incident as a fan base? How about the Montana players who were accused of breaking and entering (including the kid who scored the winning TD against us) or whatever the crime was.

I think what's most important is how the kid (Jenkins) responds. Secondly, it's also important what the JSU administration/leaders do to respond.

Vet70
01-20-2016, 07:02 PM
It depends. If it were just a neighbor hearing yelling, as one JSU poster is asserting, a simple discussion between the parties would determine whether or not there is a danger there.

I won't insult you for not understanding that.

At least according to the folks there, in Jacksonville removing someone from the premises is mandatory.

Bison 4 Life
01-20-2016, 07:08 PM
At least according to the folks there, in Jacksonville removing someone from the premises is mandatory.

If it were just a noise complaint? They had to have determined that some manner of DV had occurred. That is my whole point.

bisonmike2
01-20-2016, 07:13 PM
This. You'd think Bison fans would be a bit more hesitant to jump on these things.:facepalm:

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in court and if he were a Bison I'd give it to him here. But considering he's a player on a competing team of a cocky fan base, I not going to grant him the same privileges.

StL Bison Fan
01-20-2016, 07:14 PM
I think he just #gotcockey

He shall get his day in court. Hate to see young people stray off the track and maybe he didnt. But his social media presence was not such that I have respect.

unbison
01-20-2016, 07:20 PM
If it were just a noise complaint? They had to have determined that some manner of DV had occurred. That is my whole point.

Which is incorrect harassment is a form of domestic violence so screaming and yelling to intimidate or scare....
At any rate neither you nor I were there or have read a report of what happened so maybe we should all just settle back and see what happens

NDSUSR
01-20-2016, 07:28 PM

The only one that can drop charges is the DA. Its a state prosecution regardless if the victim wants to drop charges.

unbison
01-20-2016, 07:28 PM
Yep👍👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernBison
01-20-2016, 07:38 PM
I don't know how fast the wheels of justice turn down there but, I would expect this has a good chance of derailing any of the rumors about him transferring to an FBS program ala Vernon Adams. DV is still a hot button issue in the NFL too so there better not be any substance to the charges or that future becomes a longer shot than it already is.

Bisonator98
01-20-2016, 07:42 PM
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in court and if he were a Bison I'd give it to him here. But considering he's a player on a competing team of a cocky fan base, I not going to grant him the same privileges.

Wow ok then carry on.:facepalm2:

THEsocalledfan
01-20-2016, 08:02 PM
So, you think the JSU coach will call Spack for advice on how to handle this?

BattleBorn
01-20-2016, 08:35 PM
Let's just hope that justice is served and the truth wins the day. Bad situation all around.

ndsubison1
01-20-2016, 09:17 PM
The beatdown from us wasn't enough?

Bison Dan
01-20-2016, 09:20 PM
Maybe his girl gave him the Bison horns salute?

Bisonwinagn
01-21-2016, 12:10 AM
I really wish charges and accusations would be made illegal to go public until after a conviction. I don't care who are how bad the crime it's ridiculous for this stuff to be in the news!!!

MAKBison
01-21-2016, 12:15 AM
The only one that can drop charges is the DA. Its a state prosecution regardless if the victim wants to drop charges.

Ar you talking in ND or do you know Alabama law?

Bisonator98
01-21-2016, 12:15 AM
I really wish charges and accusations would be made illegal to go public until after a conviction. I don't care who are how bad the crime it's ridiculous for this stuff to be in the news!!!

I agree. Most of the time this shit doesn't amount to a hill of beans and then the media doesn't even report on what actually happened. They just love to get a fresh scoop no matter how it turns out.

NDSUSR
01-21-2016, 12:17 AM
Ar you talking in ND or do you know Alabama law?

I know me some Alabama law.

MAKBison
01-21-2016, 12:22 AM
DV is hard to shake no matter what. If it was intimidation or coercion and not physical violence, it would still stick.

I read that Alabama statute, it's pretty broad.

Real broad is all most an understatement!

It sounds to me that in Alabama the police have the discretion to lock one up for 24 hours if they witness a verbal altercation and believe their is a chance that it might get physical.

MAKBison
01-21-2016, 12:23 AM
I know me some Alabama law.

should i ask:biggrin:

NDSUSR
01-21-2016, 12:25 AM
Real broad is all most an understatement!

It sounds to me that in Alabama the police have the discretion to lock one up for 24 hours if they witness a verbal altercation and believe their is a chance that it might get physical.

The key term is "witness". If they were continuing the altercation with the police present they both need to sit in jail for 24 hours.
I just hope that the baby was not present during the shit shit storm.

MAKBison
01-21-2016, 12:29 AM
The key term is "witness". If they were continuing the altercation with the police present they both need to sit in jail for 24 hours.
I just hope that the baby was not present during the shit shit storm.

Yeah, agreed! While I wish there was 100% equality in the way our laws were administrated unfortunately in many DV instances women get the benefit of the doubt and the man goes to jail! (I speak in general terms)

DORMIE
01-21-2016, 12:46 AM
Funny situation back in the day in Florence after a victory in the bar at the hotel. Snuffy Byers was dancing with one of Chris Simdorn's sisters. (they may have dated in the past and were all from Mpls. Roosevelt). Seems a local didn't agree with them dancing in Alabama and created a stir. The local authorities hauled him away and told him it wasn't his party. The like us wherever we go. We have always traveled well. Money talks and bullshit walks.

tjbison
01-21-2016, 12:52 AM
Man I just read AGS and the thread on there about this

:facepalm:

Hammerhead
01-21-2016, 01:00 AM
Reminds me of 1986 when my friend and I were just 18 and went to the postgame party and the waitress never asked for ID and we ordered beer just to see if we could. Then someone told us they had police carding everyone coming in the door so we ditched our beers and left.

Funny situation back in the day in Florence after a victory in the bar at the hotel. Snuffy Byers was dancing with one of Chris Simdorn's sisters. (they may have dated in the past and were all from Mpls. Roosevelt). Seems a local didn't agree with them dancing in Alabama and created a stir. The local authorities hauled him away and told him it wasn't his party. The like us wherever we go. We have always traveled well. Money talks and bullshit walks.

tjbison
01-21-2016, 01:02 AM

Footloose......lol

NDSUSR
01-21-2016, 01:08 AM
should i ask:biggrin:

Did not involve me. But I was a withness to what happened.
The cops were not playin that day either.

MAKBison
01-21-2016, 01:10 AM
Did not involve me. But I was a withness to what happened.
The cops were not playin that day either.

cops cant afford to play anymore.....if they give someone a break they risk getting sued. Sometimes by the one they gave the break to

scottietohottie
01-21-2016, 01:28 AM
At least he has chicken.

td577
01-21-2016, 01:38 AM
cops cant afford to play anymore.....if they give someone a break they risk getting sued. Sometimes by the one they gave the break to

Cops don't even give breaks to cops anymore. That is how it has gotten.

BisonHorns
01-21-2016, 02:10 AM
Hard to stay COCKY in handcuffs. I wouldn't pass judgement yet though. Although I will never forget Coprich getting off without missing a single snap. NUTS I still think karma has something to do with them losing at the perfect time.

SamsRams
01-21-2016, 02:49 AM
Really think this board should have a forum for news about other schools. This would go great in there

HerdBot
01-21-2016, 04:22 AM
I'm not an expert on Alabama law but these southern states are super racist so this kid will likely get a super strict sentence and the jury will likely be closet KKK. If his spouse is white... he's basically super fucked

NDSUSR
01-21-2016, 04:33 AM
I'm not an expert on Alabama law but these southern states are super racist so this kid will likely get a super strict sentence and the jury will likely be closet KKK. If his spouse is white... he's basically super fucked

Ahhh so your other login is jsualumnus!

BattleBorn
01-21-2016, 05:31 AM
Fellow BVers, this is a young man at a turning point in his life. Whether he is guilty or not, I do not find it in good taste for us to continue this conversation. Let the legal system work it out, and may truth and justic prevail. Go Bison!

Mr Meaty
01-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Fellow BVers, this is a young man at a turning point in his life. Whether he is guilty or not, I do not find it in good taste for us to continue this conversation. Let the legal system work it out, and may truth and justic prevail. Go Bison!
Agreed. See what happens . If help is needed hope he gets it.

bisonhp330
01-21-2016, 12:59 PM

a group of redshirt playes went down in a camper- stayed at a small hotel- couple of local girls show up to party- half dozen local guys show up call us out in the parking lot- cops show up- cop says-"you boys from ND State?" to which we reply we are redshirt players. They chewed out the locals and told them if they caused trouble the chief will haul them in himself. turned to us and said " sorry for the trouble, y'all enjoy yourselves!"

SafeTeeJ
01-21-2016, 01:56 PM
a group of redshirt playes went down in a camper- stayed at a small hotel- couple of local girls show up to party- half dozen local guys show up call us out in the parking lot- cops show up- cop says-"you boys from ND State?" to which we reply we are redshirt players. They chewed out the locals and told them if they caused trouble the chief will haul them in himself. turned to us and said " sorry for the trouble, y'all enjoy yourselves!"

Hey! I think i know those guys. Did they drink some beer in that camper?:biggrin:

bisonhp330
01-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Hey! I think i know those guys. Did they drink some beer in that camper?:biggrin:

I cannot confirm nor deny any such information.
:innocent:

MrSnuffleupagus
01-21-2016, 04:46 PM

Yeah, because if he hit this girl I mean...its pretty terrible for us to talk about how much of a POS he is. I get it. /s

Scooter1
01-21-2016, 06:34 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if the victim of the abuse turned out to be an undercover cop? That would be easy to beat. ��

tony
01-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if the victim of the abuse turned out to be an undercover cop? That would be easy to beat. ��

What if she was a Russian mole? And she was really a he?

Think I'll just presume him innocent until proven otherwise... or, at least suspend judgment (boooyah! I spelled judgment right... that might be a first... er, just looked it up, the Brits spell it "judgement" so I had that going for me.)

Bison 4 Life
01-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Should send Tre Dempsey over to his house, Jenkins seems rather afraid of him.

BattleBorn
01-22-2016, 03:14 AM
Yeah, because if he hit this girl I mean...its pretty terrible for us to talk about how much of a POS he is. I get it. /s

Just saying let the truth come out before we condemn the kid. That, and some here seem to take delight in a very bad situation.

Biz101on
01-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Will be interesting to see how auburn and alabama react with the news about the best QB in the state

It won't phase them, can't phase dillusional.

unbison
01-22-2016, 01:02 PM
It won't phase them, can't phase dillusional.

Auburn and Alabama fans are dillusional??? Because they think they are better have better players then Jacksonville state?
If you think they don't I'd say your dillusional
Just my 1.5cents

A1pigskin
01-22-2016, 11:52 PM
What if she was a Russian mole? And she was really a he?

What if he or she showed up on Hillary's private server?

westnodak93bison
01-24-2016, 10:02 PM
What if he or she showed up on Hillary's private server?
Half the country and the media would look the other way?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Vet70
01-28-2016, 12:35 PM
It appears that JSU may have adopted the ISU-R Code of Student Conduct.

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/jsu-jenkins-conduct-did-not-violate-school-code-qb-faces/article_7d22bd06-c5bd-11e5-b140-0f629abc2c61.html?mode=jqm

Bison 4 Life
01-28-2016, 05:22 PM
It appears that JSU may have adopted the ISU-R Code of Student Conduct.

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/jsu-jenkins-conduct-did-not-violate-school-code-qb-faces/article_7d22bd06-c5bd-11e5-b140-0f629abc2c61.html?mode=jqm

and ISU might have found their new QB

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/maty-mauk-university-missouri-quarterback-suspended-over-video-reports-n504311

tolnabison
01-28-2016, 05:25 PM

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/maty-mauk-university-missouri-quarterback-suspended-over-video-reports-n504311

I thought the same thing. Also wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Missouri St. Their head coach and co-offensive coordinator (qb coach) were both at Missouri.

Bison 4 Life
01-28-2016, 06:47 PM
I thought the same thing. Also wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Missouri St. Their head coach and co-offensive coordinator (qb coach) were both at Missouri.

More intriguing. Totally forgot about that.

bisonmike2
01-28-2016, 06:50 PM

Did he cop to it being coke? I once snorted a crushed up ibprophin for $10 (don't do it) that probably would have look like coke to somebody who didn't know what was going on.

Bison 4 Life
01-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Did he cop to it being coke? I once snorted a crushed up ibprophin for $10 (don't do it) that probably would have look like coke to somebody who didn't know what was going on.

apparently it was from "some time ago"

NDSUSR
01-28-2016, 07:34 PM
apparently it was from "some time ago"

My old boss snorted 2 lines of parmesan cheese off the bar in Vegas for $5.
Yes, alcohol was heavily involved.

td577
01-28-2016, 11:13 PM
My old boss snorted 2 lines of parmesan cheese off the bar in Vegas for $5.
Yes, alcohol was heavily involved.

Finely shredded or coarsely grated?

Bison Bridge Guy
01-28-2016, 11:36 PM
Finely shredded or coarsely grated?

Curds of course (wtf man?)

td577
01-28-2016, 11:49 PM
Curds of course (wtf man?)

What was I thinking. Of course.

BisonNeil
02-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Anybody want to bet Jenkins is NEVER suspended? PM me if interested in a wager. My bet is he won't.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160202114506670607504&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

Bisonator98
02-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Anybody want to bet Jenkins is NEVER suspended? PM me if interested in a wager. My bet is he won't.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160202114506670607504&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

Why should he be suspended? We still haven't heard what exactly happened. It could very well have just been a loud argument.

BisonNeil
02-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Why should he be suspended? We still haven't heard what exactly happened. It could very well have just been a loud argument.

Although the article and Bama law would suggest it was substantially more than a "loud argument".

According to Alabama law, a person commits third-degree domestic violence if they assault, menace, coerce or recklessly endanger a parent, child, current or former spouse.

StL Bison Fan
02-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Don't care.
He will forever be the 'First Looser' to me

Jay
02-02-2016, 07:41 PM
In the scope of NDSU athletics... who gives a sh!t.

CAS4127
02-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Although the article and Bama law would suggest it was substantially more than a "loud argument".

According to Alabama law, a person commits third-degree domestic violence if they assault, menace, coerce or recklessly endanger a parent, child, current or former spouse.

@bold: Well, we know that the 22-year old woman he was with wasn't either of the first two, so, the question becomes, is or has Jenkins ever been married? Is Alabama a common-law spouse state? We're missing some information IOW. Maybe the law doesn't even apply to the situation. Eff, IDK!!

Vet70
02-02-2016, 08:27 PM
@bold: Well, we know that the 22-year old woman he was with wasn't either of the first two, so, the question becomes, is or has Jenkins ever been married? Is Alabama a common-law spouse state? We're missing some information IOW. Maybe the law doesn't even apply to the situation. Eff, IDK!!

Wasn't the last two either---mother of their child and girlfriend.

Vet70
02-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Post #6---I won't take that bet.

NDSU1980
02-02-2016, 09:00 PM
JSU is more likely to suspend the band for playing off key then they are to suspend Jenkins.

Bison 4 Life
02-02-2016, 09:01 PM
JSU is more likely to suspend the band for playing off key then they are to suspend Jenkins.

well, mostly because they are more important

Bisonfanatical
02-04-2016, 02:17 PM

^^^^^^^ This is so very true .... and quite funny. :rofl:

Da Bison
02-04-2016, 02:26 PM

Being it's Bama .................. how about .......................Sister/Girlfriend?