18. Coastal Carolina
19. Montana State
20. UC Davis
21. Texas State
22. Nicholls State
23. Eastern Washington
24. Eastern Kentucky
25. Richmond

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Lafayette (56), Western Kentucky (47), Colgate (46), Lehigh (45), Grambling (44), Idaho State (43), South Carolina State (43), Harvard (29), Portland State (24), Northwestern State (22), William & Mary (21), Hofstra (17), Jacksonville State (17), Weber State (17), Western Carolina (14), Maine (10), Sam Houston State (10), Brown (9), Southern University (9), South Dakota State (8), Wofford (7), Penn (6), Missouri State (5), Towson (5), Villanova (5)

BIGGEST RISING TEAM FROM 2005: Illinois State
BIGGEST FALLING TEAM FROM 2005: Texas State

BisonBacker
05-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Very Interesting, wonder who gave us the one first place vote :D

NDFAN2
05-22-2006, 06:44 PM

I wondered the same thing?!?

NDSUstudent
05-22-2006, 06:46 PM

An SDSU fan, from RabidRabbit.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10173

Post #7(you have to be a member of AGS to see his poll though).

mn-bison
05-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Not bad conference representation when 60% is in the top 20... And just wait until we get a couple more of years of D1 recruits playing.

Has there been any mention (I know it is early) if any true freshmen will play this year?

mikelsch
05-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Hard to know for sure until they start practicing. There was early talk about Shawn Bibeau (kicker), Derrius Colvin (CB), and Gary Williams (WR) playing right away.

Bisonguy
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Nice to see NDSU get some love in the polls, but that ranking is too high IMO.

I am glad that I am not voting in the AGS poll this year and will enjoy the extra hours it will free up every week, but I would have placed NDSU somewhere around #20.

broke_back_mnt
05-22-2006, 09:37 PM
I agree with that. I didnt think they were a top 10 team at the end of last season and 20-25 is about right for now. A person can move them up fast enough if they start winning some of the tough ones on the road.

WYOBISONMAN
05-23-2006, 03:00 AM
I am about ready to bail from voting in the poll after watching the way Ralph and 89hen have handled the issue of not allowing people to post ballots after the polls have closes and the issue of this so called AGS Poll Committee that is "secret". :-/

I have to say I have lost some faith in the poll and definitley in the process.....

Bisonguy
05-23-2006, 03:17 AM
I am about ready to bail from voting in the poll after watching the way Ralph and 89hen have handled the issue of not allowing people to post ballots after the polls have closes and the issue of this so called AGS Poll Committee that is "secret". * *:-/

I have to say I have lost some faith in the poll and definitley in the process.....

The committee has been there since the inception of the poll.

I have a few too many irons in the fire this fall, otherwise I would still be voting if I had the time.

WYOBISONMAN
05-23-2006, 03:23 AM
I am about ready to bail from voting in the poll after watching the way Ralph and 89hen have handled the issue of not allowing people to post ballots after the polls have closes and the issue of this so called AGS Poll Committee that is "secret". :-/

The committee has been there since the inception of the poll.

I have a few too many irons in the fire this fall, otherwise I would still be voting if I had the time.

Oh, I know they have been there, I just have an issue with how they have handled this debate......in my opinion.....not well.....so, it might be time to hang up my spurs on the AGS Poll. If I have a problem with how they are doing things, I can't really see spending the time to sort out those rankings each week.....and I gotta say.....it is a lot more time consuming than I first though it would be!!

NDSUstudent
05-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Oh, I know they have been there, I just have an issue with how they have handled this debate......in my opinion.....not well.....so, it might be time to hang up my spurs on the AGS Poll. *If I have a problem with how they are doing things, I can't really see spending the time to sort out those rankings each week.....and I gotta say.....it is a lot more time consuming than I first though it would be!!

From what I can tell the committee does a great job with the poll and the poll is one of the best out there for IAA football. I don't agree with how they handle the whole issue either but I will probably keep on voting.

SloStang
05-23-2006, 03:56 AM
Oh, I know they have been there, I just have an issue with how they have handled this debate......in my opinion.....not well.....so, it might be time to hang up my spurs on the AGS Poll. *If I have a problem with how they are doing things, I can't really see spending the time to sort out those rankings each week.....and I gotta say.....it is a lot more time consuming than I first though it would be!!

From what I can tell the committee does a great job with the poll and the poll is one of the best out there for IAA football. I don't agree with how they handle the whole issue either but I will probably keep on voting.
I agree with NDSUstudent that the poll does a great job. *I also agree with WYOBISONMAN and NDSUstudent that the issue was not handled as smoothly as it could have been, but it woul be a shame if you gave up WYOBISONMAN. * I have come to respect your opinions and the AGS poll would miss your input. *I hope you stick it out.

ralph
05-23-2006, 06:13 AM
I am about ready to bail from voting in the poll after watching the way Ralph and 89hen have handled the issue of not allowing people to post ballots after the polls have closes and the issue of this so called AGS Poll Committee that is "secret". * *:-/
I have to say I have lost some faith in the poll and definitley in the process.....No one is the spokesperson but me WB. *I have answered every question much to the chagrin of the naysayer, yes it is one person out of the hundreds. *When people started changing their ballots based on what another person said during voting then it became apparent that the discussion needed to end until the polls had closed. *No big deal. *So members of the committee want to remain private. *It has never been a problem until this one person made it one. *Don't let one person sour you on the best poll we have. *What caused you to lose "some faith in the poll and definitley in the process" anyway?

BisonMav
05-23-2006, 12:25 PM
I just read the thread, whew! Good job Ralph.

I am going to keep voting to balance out that East Coast Biased ;)