PDA

View Full Version : Championship swag

moosbah
01-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Any good (not a graphic that covers 90% of the front of the shirt) new championship swag, or is it all the typical huge graphics overkill they've done in the recent past?

TransAmBison
01-13-2016, 03:36 PM
Stopped at Scheels last night. They did not have a ton of stuff yet...and I'm guessing they will have less than previous years...every year it gets a little less. As for the amount of graphics...most of it was pretty busy. I do anticipate more/better stuff in the following week or two. I'll probably stop by a couple times a week for a while...have to get my coffee mug and bar glasses/mugs to add to the collection.

moosbah
01-13-2016, 03:37 PM
Stopped at Scheels last night. They did not have a ton of stuff yet...and I'm guessing they will have less than previous years...every year it gets a little less. As for the amount of graphics...most of it was pretty busy. I do anticipate more/better stuff in the following week or two. I'll probably stop by a couple times a week for a while...have to get my coffee mug and bar glasses/mugs to add to the collection.

If you get a chance, throw on some pics of anything good. I don't get to see much of it in person.

devin45k
01-13-2016, 03:39 PM
All I know is that Hornbacher's, at least at the Northport location, has the championship t shirts for only $9.99

roadwarrior
01-13-2016, 03:51 PM
Any good (not a graphic that covers 90% of the front of the shirt) new championship swag, or is it all the typical huge graphics overkill they've done in the recent past?

This is exactly the reason I have never bought any championship specific gear.

Bison"FANatic"
01-13-2016, 03:52 PM
bar glasses/mugs to add to the collection.

Yep we will have to get our 4 that we have bought every year to add to the collection. Be careful though on these as they had some that were just Conference championship glasses and had the scores up to the Richmond game on them in there last week.

bisonaudit
01-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Tacky.

Was that even real?

Too much.

What was he thinking?

https://thejewelerblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/sportscenter4.jpg?w=584

moosbah
01-13-2016, 04:49 PM
Yep we will have to get our 4 that we have bought every year to add to the collection. Be careful though on these as they had some that were just Conference championship glasses and had the scores up to the Richmond game on them in there last week.

The shirt in the middle is about a close to decent as I've seen. The adjacent stuff is IMO purely for kids.

http://cdn-us-ec.yottaa.net/520a416a3c881617d0000082/www.scheels.com/v~11.42f/wcsstore/ScheelsStorefrontAssetStore/images/homepage/espot-1/e1-bisonchamps-011016.jpg?yocs=q_Y_&yoloc=us

BISONBRI53
01-13-2016, 04:51 PM
Talked to a Scheels guy this morning. He said that stuff has been rolling in all week and to check back tomorrow or Friday for the championship footballs as they were expecting more stuff in the next couple days. SOOOOO Pretty much what Tranny said.

tjbison
01-13-2016, 05:10 PM
I remember the good old days that you could by a nice Polo with a small logo and it wasn't made out of saran wrap type material.

scheels gets zero of my money because they have terrible shirts anymore, Underarmor is terrible...oh and they only have small

Pness
01-13-2016, 05:26 PM
Was at Scheels In Forks today to pickup something with a 5 time natty ship. Absolutely nothing. So disappointed . They did have some drive for 5 Stuff, but only in medium and 3x... I guess I'll have to go to Fargo early Saturday befor the SDSU game

tjbison
01-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Was at Scheels In Forks today to pickup something with a 5 time natty ship. Absolutely nothing. So disappointed . They did have some drive for 5 Stuff, but only in medium and 3x... I guess I'll have to go to Fargo early Saturday befor the SDSU game

Absolutely the best screen name ever

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2016, 05:52 PM
Scheels had a cool UA shirt that just had snorty on the front. Almost pulled the trigger on that. But I agree with the most. Too many words. Und has something better than ndsu, and that is style

Bison03
01-13-2016, 05:54 PM
It's still really early. Let's not forget that this game was only 4 days ago!! The stuff they get out right away is stuff that can be made quickly. That's why it's all screen printed shirts. Eventually there will be embroidered clothing that will have the new championship logo; it just takes longer. Fargo Scheels will have gear before the other Scheels stores. If you go to the NDSU Bookstore website, they have tons of stuff you can order that will ship when they get it.

bisonp
01-13-2016, 05:59 PM
The shirt in the middle is about a close to decent as I've seen. The adjacent stuff is IMO purely for kids.

http://cdn-us-ec.yottaa.net/520a416a3c881617d0000082/www.scheels.com/v~11.42f/wcsstore/ScheelsStorefrontAssetStore/images/homepage/espot-1/e1-bisonchamps-011016.jpg?yocs=q_Y_&yoloc=us

I don't like that the new shirts don't mention the other 8 titles and the rings are generic. I would like "5 in a row" combined with "13 time national champs". Haven't seen anything like that in a couple years, other than the shirts that have the banner on them.

westnodak93bison
01-13-2016, 11:36 PM
I don't buy that championship gear since it gets out dated after a year and we don't need to tell people we are champs cause everyone knows.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TransAmBison
01-13-2016, 11:43 PM
Nice fitted championship hats tonight. Few more shirt selections...some wooden championship plaques

NDSU1980
01-13-2016, 11:43 PM

You really thought some place in GF would have Bison championship gear??? If they did, the hockey freaks would be over there with pitchforks and torches to burn the place to the ground.

Tony Almeida
01-13-2016, 11:47 PM

This is the reason I do not buy any Bison gear anymore....nothing simple, all overkill.

Bison 4 Life
01-14-2016, 12:00 AM
This is the reason I do not buy any Bison gear anymore....nothing simple, all overkill.

Well to be fair, it takes a lot of room to put all those trophies on there.

56BISON73
01-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Scheels had a cool UA shirt that just had snorty on the front. Almost pulled the trigger on that. But I agree with the most. Too many words. Und has something better than ndsu, and that is style

Vendors make the shirts. NDSU and UND have nothing to do with it.

Vet70
01-14-2016, 12:41 AM

Well, when you don't have substance---

bisongirl
01-14-2016, 02:12 AM
I don't like that the new shirts don't mention the other 8 titles and the rings are generic. I would like "5 in a row" combined with "13 time national champs". Haven't seen anything like that in a couple years, other than the shirts that have the banner on them.

Check out the bookstore-they have shirts for the 13 championships and the 5 peat with this year's logo and rings down the left side-says 5 straight for North Dakota state. I also prefer the stuff that recognizes the 5 peat, (a lot of scheels stuff makes it look like we've only won 5 ever,) not too overloaded with graphic and for my husband recognizing all 13 is great.

Bison Bridge Guy
01-14-2016, 03:22 AM
I have not purchased any championship stuff as the trophies have piled up the last five years. My rationale/superstition is to wait until the run us done. Pretty sure my restraint has been a contributing factor to the title run. Maybe not as important as the wolf shirts, but key anyway. :howdy:

HerdBot
01-14-2016, 04:40 AM
Some really ugly ass gaudy shirts. Less is more.

GOBISON123
01-14-2016, 05:31 AM

I have been saying this since Fall last year. I made a trip to Fargo and when I thought I could buy some stuff from Scheels, there was nothing. This is two days before the official football season started. Sometimes it feels like Walmart has better NDSU merchandise compared to Scheels.

Bison"FANatic"
01-14-2016, 10:59 AM
Did the bookstore have much set up for the shirts at the basketball game?

bisonmike2
01-14-2016, 11:53 AM
I don't allow my family to wear championship gear in the house. I gotta keep them hungry for more!

EC8CH
01-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Did the bookstore have much set up for the shirts at the basketball game?

They had those grey hats and some mugs and stuff. Don't recall any shirts. Very limited selection if they did.

bisonp
01-14-2016, 02:10 PM
Check out the bookstore-they have shirts for the 13 championships and the 5 peat with this year's logo and rings down the left side-says 5 straight for North Dakota state. I also prefer the stuff that recognizes the 5 peat, (a lot of scheels stuff makes it look like we've only won 5 ever,) not too overloaded with graphic and for my husband recognizing all 13 is great.

Thanks, they really do have a good selection there, I figured it would be mostly the same stuff as Scheels.

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchList.aspx?ID=29814&full=1

Looks like I still will need to visit Scheels for my shot glass though.

aces1180
01-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Fanatics has a couple nice Nike championship shirts - I picked up the black.

http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_NDSU_Bison/NDSU_Bison_Nike_2015_NCAA_Division_I_Football_Nati onal_Champions_Performance_T-Shirt_-_Black

CVOLK
01-14-2016, 02:45 PM
The hat store at West Acres is embroidering the gray hats with all 5 of the years encircled by stars. Looks sharp. I think it was $10 over the normal price of the cap. Looks as tho it belongs there.

HerdThat!
01-14-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't allow my family to wear championship gear in the house. I gotta keep them hungry for more!

LOL-purely awesome.

Tfiechtner
01-15-2016, 02:51 AM
Used to get most of mine at scheels, as of late though, I've found that the bookstore has better swag. I'll be going tomorrow to look

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

tjbison
01-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Scheelsguy (I think it was his name) used to post on here new items and answer questions

Must not work there anymore as I'd love to hear some of the insight he had for the lack of good items, because I agree with lots on here about the shirts looking like WWE vendor shirts with so much screen printing on them.

And my God for halfzip sweatshirts...wow

BisoninNWMN
01-15-2016, 12:15 PM
NDSU bookstore is light years ahead of Scheels

Bison03
01-15-2016, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure what everyone is talking about in regards to the selection at Scheels. Do they have a lot of screen printed t shirts with crazy pictures on it? Sure. A lot of people buy those. But I think that they also have gotten way better in having stylish NDSU clothing like jackets, polos, quarter zips, and other clothing. It's not just cotton tshirts anymore but a lot of quality stuff as well. I think the selection has only gotten better in past 5 years. If they had the same stuff all the time, nobody would buy it. I think they have done a good job of broadening their selection. Now, I've heard people here complain about not having enough 2x and up selection. Well, that is an issue in most clothing stores. The NDSU bookstore has gotten better as well. It's tough to keep being innovative and getting new items all the time to convince customers that they need yet another piece of Bison clothing. When you compare the selection at the Bookstore and Scheels now to 10 years, it's not even close.

bruinbison
01-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Fanatics has a couple nice Nike championship shirts - I picked up the black.

http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_NDSU_Bison/NDSU_Bison_Nike_2015_NCAA_Division_I_Football_Nati onal_Champions_Performance_T-Shirt_-_Black

Saw this shirt, in yellow, at Scheels in Moorhead yesterday, IIRC also $30.

TransAmBison
01-15-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure what everyone is talking about in regards to the selection at Scheels. Do they have a lot of screen printed t shirts with crazy pictures on it? Sure. A lot of people buy those. But I think that they also have gotten way better in having stylish NDSU clothing like jackets, polos, quarter zips, and other clothing. It's not just cotton tshirts anymore but a lot of quality stuff as well. I think the selection has only gotten better in past 5 years. If they had the same stuff all the time, nobody would buy it. I think they have done a good job of broadening their selection. Now, I've heard people here complain about not having enough 2x and up selection. Well, that is an issue in most clothing stores. The NDSU bookstore has gotten better as well. It's tough to keep being innovative and getting new items all the time to convince customers that they need yet another piece of Bison clothing. When you compare the selection at the Bookstore and Scheels now to 10 years, it's not even close.
I agree completely. Some people are not happy unless they are complaining. Always lots to choose from at both places. The bookstore is a better value a lot of the time, though.

TJ asked earlier, scheelsguy is still the manager of the NDSU section...not sure if he follows Bisonville anymore.

bisonp
01-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Damn it Scheels, what kind of collection is this? If the streak ends next season, I'm blaming you.

Of course a few more would balance it out...

TransAmBison
01-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Damn it Scheels, what kind of collection is this? If the streak ends next season, I'm blaming you.

Of course a few more would balance it out...I've gotten a shot glass every year as well...and passed on this one. I thought this one was bad...I'd rather go without if that is all there is. Still waiting on my coffee mug and beer mug. Debating on the growler...

bisonp
01-20-2016, 02:31 PM
I've gotten a shot glass every year as well...and passed on this one. I thought this one was bad...I'd rather go without if that is all there is. Still waiting on my coffee mug and beer mug. Debating on the growler...

I liked those growlers but balked at the $59 price.

TransAmBison
01-20-2016, 02:36 PM
I liked those growlers but balked at the $59 price.Same here...if I was into kegging already I don't think I could have said no...but as it is I am hoping they will clearance at some point.

TransAmBison
01-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Got my championship coffee mug last night. The shirt stock doesn't seem to be changing at all. All I need now is a glass beer mug...those usually come later anyway.

PlainsBison
01-22-2016, 02:26 AM
Some of you might get pretty excited about this item.

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1405455&num=0&start=1&end=67&type=1&CategoryName=2015%20Championship%20Gear&CatID=29814&Name=2015%20Championship%20Gear#.VqGhDPBOKK0

56BISON73
01-22-2016, 02:33 AM
Got my championship coffee mug last night. The shirt stock doesn't seem to be changing at all. All I need now is a glass beer mug...those usually come later anyway.

My wife seem to find a lot of swag when we were in town last week. It was like a feeding frenzy. Hit scheels and the bookstore. Credit card took a beating.

Bison Dan
01-22-2016, 12:30 PM
My wife seem to find a lot of swag when we were in town last week. It was like a feeding frenzy. Hit scheels and the bookstore. Credit card took a beating.

Yeah but you get the 1% back.

bisonp
01-17-2018, 03:55 PM
I've been searching for a shot glass but it appears they aren't making them this year. Checked both FM Scheels and the Bookstore. Anybody else see them somewhere?

Otherwise I may have to start a new collection for a new streak.

TransAmBison
01-17-2018, 03:58 PM
I've been searching for a shot glass but it appears they aren't making them this year. Checked both FM Scheels and the Bookstore. Anybody else see them somewhere?

Otherwise I may have to start a new collection for a new streak.I think the shot glasses came in later during previous years. Got my championship coffee mug on Saturday...coffee just tastes better out of them. Hoping for big glass beer mugs to come in...

HerdBot
01-17-2018, 04:34 PM

This I hate big gaudy obnoxious looking shit. Save that for game day shirts. Simple and clean look. Gold for game day, green or other colors for everyday wear

THEsocalledfan
01-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Yeah but you get the 1% back.

1% back? Rookies.

Bison"FANatic"
01-17-2018, 04:57 PM
We had a set of 4 glasses from every championship year that we used. They are nice because they are heavy and hey they worked well to drink out of. Well after we bought a Bosch dishwasher that took care of that. That thing stripped them down to just plain glasses now. Great dishwasher runs completely silent and gets everything very clean, I guess to clean.

56BISON73
01-17-2018, 04:57 PM
1% back? Rookies.

You replied to a post from 2016. Tool. Lol

BisonTeacher
01-17-2018, 05:09 PM
You replied to a post from 2016. Tool. Lol

Lol....PL said tool.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/25671977/he-he-he-you-said-tool.jpg

BisonAccountant44
01-17-2018, 05:33 PM
We had a set of 4 glasses from every championship year that we used. They are nice because they are heavy and hey they worked well to drink out of. Well after we bought a Bosch dishwasher that took care of that. That thing stripped them down to just plain glasses now. Great dishwasher runs completely silent and gets everything very clean, I guess to clean.I was just going to give a warning about that.

I had one from the undefeated year and that happened the first time I used it. Since it was right away I was able to replace it, but the "new" one will never again see a dishwasher so it rarely gets used.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tjbison
01-17-2018, 05:41 PM
I was just going to let a warning about that.

I had one from the undefeated year and that happened the first time I used it. Since it was right away I was able to replace it, but the "new" one will never again see a dishwasher so it rarely gets used.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pint glasses did the same thing

bisonp
01-17-2018, 06:00 PM
This I hate big gaudy obnoxious looking shit. Save that for game day shirts. Simple and clean look. Gold for game day, green or other colors for everyday wear

This is my favorite this year. Wish I could get it in yellow.

Yeah it's big I guess, but I don't think it's gaudy.

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/StoreImages/36-1484651-1.jpg

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1484651&num=0&start=1&end=70&type=1&CategoryName=2018%20Championship%20Gear&CatID=29814&Name=2018%20Championship%20Gear

HerdBot
01-17-2018, 06:11 PM

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1484651&num=0&start=1&end=70&type=1&CategoryName=2018%20Championship%20Gear&CatID=29814&Name=2018%20Championship%20Gear

I like it!!!

bisonp
01-17-2018, 06:48 PM
I like it!!!

Yeah, a big reason I like it is that I'm not really a fan of the swag that ignores the first 8 titles. Either acknowledge a single year or all of them. The 2-3-4-5-peats were understandable exceptions.

NDSU1980
01-17-2018, 10:50 PM

Hey, I love it. Got a gift card yesterday from my cousin for Scheels so I might get one. How do the sizes run? Run large or small or about right? I don't want my beer gut sticking out too much (collateral damage from tailgating at the HBTC).

bisonp
01-17-2018, 11:31 PM
Hey, I love it. Got a gift card yesterday from my cousin for Scheels so I might get one. How do the sizes run? Run large or small or about right? I don't want my beer gut sticking out too much (collateral damage from tailgating at the HBTC).

That's at the NDSU Bookstore, link in the post. I haven't seen it at Scheels.

bisonfanette
01-18-2018, 01:54 AM
I was told at Scheels that more glassware will be coming in. The championship jackets arrive in February. Thundar bobble heads, holding 6 trophies don’t arrive until June. National championship full-size footballs are in, as well as the minis. The panoramic prints are there with both the small frame and the larger matted frame. Remember they usually do sell out of the locker room caps.

bisonp
01-28-2018, 03:18 AM
I was told at Scheels that more glassware will be coming in. The championship jackets arrive in February. Thundar bobble heads, holding 6 trophies don’t arrive until June. National championship full-size footballs are in, as well as the minis. The panoramic prints are there with both the small frame and the larger matted frame. Remember they usually do sell out of the locker room caps.

Shot glasses are now in at Moorhead Scheels.

Gary Hansen
01-30-2018, 08:04 PM
Does anyone have an idea if replica FCS trophies are a thing? If they are, I would like to get my hands on them for my basement bar. Thanks for any help here.

tjamz
02-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Does anyone have an idea if replica FCS trophies are a thing? If they are, I would like to get my hands on them for my basement bar. Thanks for any help here.

Well... I have a CNC machine in my basement.....capable of accurately machining wood/acrylic/aluminum within .002"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
02-07-2018, 01:37 PM
I was doing so good at Scheels the other day... And then I saw the barrel clock.

bisonfanette
02-07-2018, 04:09 PM
I was doing so good at Scheels the other day... And then I saw the barrel clock.

Good for you!!! Glad you got it!

moosbah
02-07-2018, 05:38 PM

You saw what now???

BisManBison
02-07-2018, 08:10 PM

I got one of those too.

td577
02-07-2018, 11:09 PM
Yeah, a big reason I like it is that I'm not really a fan of the swag that ignores the first 8 titles. Either acknowledge a single year or all of them. The 2-3-4-5-peats were understandable exceptions.

You could still go with something like "JMU/NDSU: The Last 7". It would still be an acceptable exception.

scottietohottie
02-08-2018, 01:37 AM
You saw what now???

Barrel clock. It's the bottom of a barrel with a Bison logo in the center of the clock. I didn't get the 2017 national championship one but you can get that too. Smells lovely.

And you get 3% back at Scheels.

CAS4127
02-08-2018, 03:24 AM
Barrel clock. It's the bottom of a barrel with a Bison logo in the center of the clock. I didn't get the 2017 national championship one but you can get that too. Smells lovely.

And you get 3% back at Scheels.

Maybe there will be even more Bison swag sightings in Frisco/Plano area now—> https://twitter.com/scheels/status/961417760998854659

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wagsabison
02-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Maybe there will be even more Bison swag sightings in Frisco/Plano area now—> https://twitter.com/scheels/status/961417760998854659

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is bigger in Texas... even Scheels stores

scottietohottie
02-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Someone asked to see it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/a5f613fa03378644ff24b026d53f946e.jpg

StL Bison Fan
02-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Someone asked to see it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/a5f613fa03378644ff24b026d53f946e.jpg

If that is the paneling on your wall- nice look
Anyway pretty good purchase

bisonfanette
02-27-2018, 11:35 PM
Well, this is cool ... 8289 ( sorry I don’t believe that came through very clearly)

bisonfanette
02-27-2018, 11:41 PM
These are limited edition- 8290 Only #11 of them!!!