PDA

View Full Version : Thought this was awesome

tony
01-12-2016, 12:35 AM
https://twitter.com/thurmanthomas/status/686722645514153984

No_Skill
01-12-2016, 12:52 AM
I love seeing things like this, knowing all the haters say we have no national presence.

tjbison
01-12-2016, 01:04 AM
I love seeing things like this, knowing all the haters say we have no national presence.

Yeah, lots of pub on Dan Patrick, CBS sports, ESPN but it's not anything big, personally FCS is more relevant now than ever before because of NDSU

You think there would be kickoff games etc...I dont

NDSUSR
01-12-2016, 01:05 AM
He has a nice dig at Shannon Sharpe posted too!

X-Factor
01-12-2016, 01:25 AM
Yeah, lots of pub on Dan Patrick, CBS sports, ESPN but it's not anything big, personally FCS is more relevant now than ever before because of NDSU

You think there would be kickoff games etc...I dont
I don't know that the FCS is more relevant, but NDSU clearly is. The Bison have absolutely transcended this division of football, and the pub we are seeing is the result of that.

My long term belief is that the Bison win the next few, then get a bid that nobody dreamed was possible. I hope Kleiman sticks around for that, cuz I think the payoffs could be huge for all involved. Never thought I'd say this, but IMO losing Bohl was a good thing. I don't think we would be that lucky a 2nd time.

tjbison
01-12-2016, 01:31 AM
I don't know that the FCS is more relevant, but NDSU clearly is. The Bison have absolutely transcended this division of football, and the pub we are seeing is the result of that.

My long term belief is that the Bison win the next few, then get a bid that nobody dreamed was possible. I hope Kleiman sticks around for that, cuz I think the payoffs could be huge for all involved. Never thought I'd say this, but IMO losing Bohl was a good thing. I don't think we would be that lucky a 2nd time.

ESPN putting a regular game on....coming to FCS schools now...I think it's elevated more than it was 10 yes ago

td577
01-12-2016, 06:33 AM

I think we will. When CK leaves, and someday he will, there won't be much of a search process. Either a new coach will come from within the program, come back to the program after coordinating somewhere else, or we get a rising star looking to continue building his resume. We are a stepping stone program and that is fine as long as we use it to our advantage. I could see a great defensive coach wanting to gain executive coaching experience coming here. We aren't relegated to taking much of a chance on anyone.

westnodak93bison
01-12-2016, 01:13 PM

I think it is pretty obvious who is the defensive genius and he doesn't reside in WY.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bisonp
01-12-2016, 03:09 PM
I think it is pretty obvious who is the defensive genius and he doesn't reside in WY.

Thing is, Klieman has a huge advantage recruiting compared to when Bohl was building up the program. I'm not sure who the better coach is. Prior to this year I would have said Bohl but now I'm not so sure. But I will say they were both the right man at the right time.

westnodak93bison
01-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Thing is, Klieman has a huge advantage recruiting compared to when Bohl was building up the program. I'm not sure who the better coach is. Prior to this year I would have said Bohl but now I'm not so sure. But I will say they were both the right man at the right time.
In year 2 Bohls defense at WY was worse than year 1

1998braves64
01-12-2016, 05:32 PM
In year 2 Bohls defense at WY was worse than year 1

At NDSU In year 6 & 7, Bohl's offense was MUCH worse than year 4 and 5.

ddock
01-25-2016, 12:52 AM
At NDSU In year 6 & 7, Bohl's offense was MUCH worse than year 4 and 5.

Yes you are right about the offense, but get your lineups straight. The 4th and 5th season he had a QB who had played the 2 years previous. Wouldn't you expect a qb and OC by that time can develop an offense much better. The 7th year was when Brock came along and at times he struggled. I was there for every minute of that 6th season. Most of the fans left because they gave up on the team. Were you one of them? This has nothing to do with Wy either. They are struggling with injuries, attitude, and every other problem that you have no control over in your first two years of coaching.

1998braves64
01-25-2016, 04:12 AM
Yes you are right about the offense, but get your lineups straight. The 4th and 5th season he had a QB who had played the 2 years previous. Wouldn't you expect a qb and OC by that time can develop an offense much better. The 7th year was when Brock came along and at times he struggled. I was there for every minute of that 6th season. Most of the fans left because they gave up on the team. Were you one of them? This has nothing to do with Wy either. They are struggling with injuries, attitude, and every other problem that you have no control over in your first two years of coaching.

My point was in college subsequent years especially in a short time frame has little bearing on future success. A good year of recruiting can turn things around. Didn't say it outright but we know what happened in years 8, 9, 10... College is getting the right recruits for your system and having coaches that are able to coach that into the recruits.

I never gave up on the team in year 6. Bought my first year of season tickets that year and have had them ever since.