PDA

View Full Version : Iowa

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-11-2016, 02:30 AM
Can't wait for this game.

Looks like Iowa isn't going to lose too many starters off of this years Big 10 West division championship team.

We are going to be loaded as well.

Should be a great game.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/iowa/90751

ndsubison1
01-11-2016, 04:56 AM
I expect a game similar to KSU. Close likely 3-7 point game. Similar version as us. Will be interesting to see how we match up. Hopefully they are ranked as that is one thing we haven't done is beat a ranked FBS team.

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 05:10 AM
Iowa returns many of their top players from a team that lost the B10 championship. They should be very high ranked at that point. This game should be the biggest measuring stick/toughest opponent NDSU has faced. Our defense will need to play lights out to have a chance because their defense will probably be similar to playing a 30% better version of UNI's defense. I'm guessing it will be low scoring. Iowa is a major hurdle but it's the Bison and the Bison are unbelievable when it comes to stepping up for big time moments

gizmo
01-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Iowa will be an interesting but totally meaningless matchup. I would rather see the Bison playing a good FCS team at home.

MNLonghorn10
01-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Iowa will be an interesting but totally meaningless matchup. I would rather see the Bison playing a good FCS team at home.
Wtf? It'll be a great experience for fans and the team. P5 games are the best.

Most of Iowas wins in their best season ever weren't blow outs....and they employ Greg Davis. I'd stick them as early 13 pt favorites. That'll probably grow larger

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Iowa returns many of their top players from a team that lost the B10 championship. They should be very high ranked at that point. This game should be the biggest measuring stick/toughest opponent NDSU has faced. Our defense will need to play lights out to have a chance because their defense will probably be similar to playing a 30% better version of UNI's defense. I'm guessing it will be low scoring. Iowa is a major hurdle but it's the Bison and the Bison are unbelievable when it comes to stepping up for big time moments

With what the Bison have coming back in '16 on defense, I will not count them out in any game.

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 12:15 PM

Get the players opinion on games they are looking forward to playing. This is one of the dumbest things I've seen here in some time. Preposterous statements thread 100%

WYOBISONMAN
01-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Uff da..... What a test ....

wagsabison
01-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Iowa didn't really blow anyone out except for North Texas (Portland State beat them too?) and Northwestern. ISUr lost by 16 but I think that game wasn't as close as the final score ended up being. I know we can play with them and will have to see how our offense can move the ball. They play pretty similar to the way we play so it should be a fun matchup. How great is it know Stick will have 10 starts under his belt before this game instead of 2?

TXBison
01-11-2016, 12:28 PM
These games are huge for recruiting.

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Iowa didn't really blow anyone out except for North Texas (Portland State beat them too?) and Northwestern. ISUr lost by 16 but I think that game wasn't as close as the final score ended up being. I know we can play with them and will have to see how our offense can move the ball. They play pretty similar to the way we play so it should be a fun matchup. How great is it know Stick will have 10 starts under his belt before this game instead of 2?

Iowa had a good season and are good but they are not great.

ByeSonBusiness
01-11-2016, 12:31 PM

They also got their shit kicked by a good not great Stanford team.

Would be a very fun game for NDSU to win.

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 12:35 PM
They also got their shit kicked by a good not great Stanford team.

I think Stanford would give Bama more issues than Clemson will. I was a little surprised by how badly Stanford destroyed Iowa

2011BisonAlumni
01-11-2016, 12:38 PM

A lot of close wins against not so great teams.

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2016, 12:44 PM
A lot of close wins against not so great teams.

Plus no:

Michigan
Michigan State - regular season
Ohio State

Plus Stanford runs a power running scheme and they bitch slapped Iowa.

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Plus no:

Michigan
Michigan State - regular season
Ohio State

Plus Stanford runs a power running scheme and they bitch slapped Iowa.

That was Stanford who has an incredible RB and excellent o-line. I'm guessing that NDSU will need offensive balance in order score

ByeSonBusiness
01-11-2016, 12:48 PM
I think Stanford would give Bama more issues than Clemson will. I was a little surprised by how badly Stanford destroyed Iowa

Stanford D is nothing special. ND moved the ball up and down the field with relative ease. Clemson D is very good. Clemson O is solid not spectacular.

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2016, 12:52 PM
That was Stanford who has an incredible RB and excellent o-line. I'm guessing that NDSU will need offensive balance in order score

No doubt. NDSU will have to play very well to be able to win. But with what the Bison have coming back on defense, I will not count them out, even against Iowa.

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 12:57 PM
No doubt. NDSU will have to play very well to be able to win. But with what the Bison have coming back on defense, I will not count them out, even against Iowa.

I wouldn't either. It's the Bison

Winning is Gr8
01-11-2016, 12:59 PM

Iowa didn't play anyone last year. (MSU was close but see how good MSU was playing Alabama) Nebraska had 1.5x more yards if they had a QB that wouldn't turn the ball over they could/should have beat them. Since it is not until week 3 injuries can happen to either side which will impact this game.

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Iowa didn't play anyone last year. (MSU was close but see how good MSU was playing Alabama) Nebraska had 1.5x more yards if they had a QB that wouldn't turn the ball over they could/should have beat them. Since it is not until week 3 injuries can happen to either side which will impact this game.

B10 turned out to be nothing special but I still think Iowa would still beat most P5 schools. It's still a great barometer to see where NDSU stacks up vs the D1 world much like the K-State game

Kujava23
01-11-2016, 01:22 PM
B10 turned out to be nothing special but I still think Iowa would still beat most P5 schools. It's still a great barometer to see where NDSU stacks up vs the D1 world much like the K-State game

Kyle Emanual at Bison Stampede said that his greatest memory was winning at Kansas St.

Hammerhead
01-11-2016, 01:53 PM
I think Kyle said he was choosing the best memory that was not in Frisco.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-11-2016, 07:02 PM

They are beatable. I think this is a winnable game for us.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-11-2016, 07:19 PM

To paraphrase Lakes: "You are the definition of small timey."

tony
01-11-2016, 07:36 PM
The only bad thing about being as dominant as the Bison are is that the team gets so few times to surprise people or be the underdog.

kab1one
01-11-2016, 07:41 PM
To paraphrase Lakes: "You are the definition of small timey."

Is lakes on the Iowa board yet earning troll of the year like he did on the Iowa State board a couple of years back?

I know he has had already started in on the Oregon Board.

gizmo
01-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Who is "lakes"? Honest question.

westnodak93bison
01-12-2016, 01:11 AM
Who is "lakes"? Honest question.
El Chapo of course?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FFBison
01-12-2016, 02:40 AM
Field position ends up being critical in tight games...sure hoping we can find a good replacement for Lecompte. Ben is as significant of a loss as anyone that was on the 2015 roster. Hope he gets a look somewhere. And I hope we can land this Nickel kid as a punter.

NDSU_grad
01-12-2016, 02:53 AM
Is lakes on the Iowa board yet earning troll of the year like he did on the Iowa State board a couple of years back?

I know he has had already started in on the Oregon Board.

I haven't seen him yet. Their rivals board is pretty good. hawkeyereport.com

NodakGreg
01-12-2016, 03:17 AM
Can't wait for this game.

Looks like Iowa isn't going to lose too many starters off of this years Big 10 West division championship team.

We are going to be loaded as well.

Should be a great game.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/iowa/90751

I agree. KState seemed so big, but yet we caught them at the right time, new QB, 7 new starters on Dfense, Us fully loaded all starters coming back, tons of seniors, etc..... Iowa is the opposite, most all back, should be ranked in the top 8 for next Fall so the Herd will have to play lights out, and with the players they have, I believe they will do it. 78,000 is close to capacity at Hawkeye Stadium so this will be the largest crowd this program has every played at. I hope their players overlook us but unfortunately With Gene Taylor there and the Head Athletic Director from NDSU I'm sure they will have a good talk with this team on how they better be ready to play against the Bison, otherwise it could look like Stanford all over again if they underestimate us. National TV coverage should make this a MAJOR KNOCKOUT GAME of the Nonconference Season!
IF Bison win, GameDay will come again for sure, but they have to win it.
This is the BIGGEST measuring stick to answer football fans if the Bison should go FBS soon or realize what we have is just fine? Million Dollar question for Bison Fans.
I can't wait either! I think Stick is already counting the days as Carson said last year 2 years ago he couldn't wait to play Iowa State after their 3rd title game. Iowa usually gets played tough by UNI every other year but usually wins. We'll WERE NOT UNI either!

Go Herd, Stick for 6
NoDakBis

CyPanth
01-12-2016, 03:41 AM
Iowa was consistently decent with a bad schedule. They were not a great team this year.

We (Iowa State) were tied with them in Ames until 2:14 left in the 4th Q. Enough said!

Hope you destroy them.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 03:49 AM
Iowa was consistently decent with a bad schedule. They were not a great team this year.

We (Iowa State) were tied with them in Ames until 2:14 left in the 4th Q. Enough said!

Hope you destroy them.

Like I said earlier, they will be good, but beatable.

westnodak93bison
01-12-2016, 03:51 AM

Hope you destroy them.
So what can we expect from their fan base? Typical arrogant big10 elitist types?

ZHerd
01-12-2016, 03:51 AM

Hope you destroy them.

But didn't the Cyclones also destroy UNI?

CyPanth
01-12-2016, 03:56 AM
So what can we expect from their fan base? Typical arrogant big10 elitist types?

Tavern Hawks is what you can expect. Their great "fans" couldn't even sell out the stadium during a 12-0 season! Next year, you can expect lots to get back on the wagon.

Here is one of the best descriptions of the Iowa fan base that I've ever seen:

https://colbyandstacy.wordpress.com/2013/09/07/the-eight-types-of-iowa-hawkeye-fans/

CyPanth
01-12-2016, 03:58 AM
But didn't the Cyclones also destroy UNI?

That game was decided by field position. The UNI punter was horrible. Iowa State's Allen Lazard took advantage on the punt returns. The Iowa State average starting field position was something like the Iowa State 48!

56BISON73
01-12-2016, 04:04 AM
Tavern Hawks is what you can expect. Their great "fans" couldn't even sell out the stadium during a 12-0 season! Next year, you can expect lots to get back on the wagon.

Here is one of the best descriptions of the Iowa fan base that I've ever seen:

https://colbyandstacy.wordpress.com/2013/09/07/the-eight-types-of-iowa-hawkeye-fans/

:rofl::rofl:

ndsubison1
01-12-2016, 06:23 AM
Their stud CB Desmond King is retuning

MNLonghorn10
01-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Like I said earlier, they will be good, but beatable.
With this year's ndsu team maybe...I don't think the stats align for ndsu in this one early early early on.

Still gonna be fun

wagsabison
01-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Read through their NDSU thread on the one board. Plenty of no way they can keep with us talk but there were many who said that we will be a tough team and if they don't play well can get beat. I think it's going to be a TD or less game regardless. No doubt our guys will be jacked up for this one.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 01:20 PM
With this year's ndsu team maybe...I don't think the stats align for ndsu in this one early early early on.

Still gonna be fun

Stick having 8 games under his belt sure is a feather in our cap, couple that with the fact we lose very few starters, it is the third game of the season, and their players will, for the most part, be overlooking us.......I like our chances. At the very least, it should be a very competitive game.

gizmo
01-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Butt-Iowa if we lose a close one?

MNLonghorn10
01-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Stick having 8 games under his belt sure is a feather in our cap, couple that with the fact we lose very few starters, it is the third game of the season, and their players will, for the most part, be overlooking us.......I like our chances. At the very least, it should be a very competitive game.
You lose key starters. Both cb, bad ass
Dt, qb and ol.

Yea sticks starts help. Just not feeling this one. Unless ferentz gets fired :p

SDbison
01-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Their stud CB Desmond King is retuning In the couple Iowa games I watched late this season I was impressed with #13 as he was in most every play. Don't remember his name.

GreenfieldBison
01-12-2016, 01:53 PM

Hmmmm, with Gene Taylor on their staff I rather doubt we are going to sneak up on these boys.

SDbison
01-12-2016, 01:55 PM
In the couple Iowa games I watched late this season I was impressed with #13 as he was in most every play. Don't remember his name. Just checked the roster. Name is Greg Mabin and he is a DB. He will be a Senior next year.

SDbison
01-12-2016, 01:56 PM
You lose key starters. Both cb, bad ass
Dt, qb and ol.

Yea sticks starts help. Just not feeling this one. Unless ferentz gets fired :p But you will be going to the game?

ZHerd
01-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Just checked the roster. Name is Greg Mabin and he is a DB. He will be a Senior next year.

I believe their top LB Josie Jewell returns as well

SDbison
01-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Can't wait for the whiner Iowa TV guy to get bothered and do his thing.

ZHerd
01-12-2016, 01:59 PM

It definitely helps, but as of end of this year he isn't a good enough passer to beat Iowa. Who knows though, he has all summer and fall to throw to receivers and work on passing

wagsabison
01-12-2016, 02:10 PM

Then the media will make a big deal out of NDSU people upset about his bit.

bisonmike2
01-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Butt-Iowa if we lose a close one?

Please no. I'm not expecting a win but I am expecting a competitive game and I will be disappointed no matter the score if we lose.

bruinbison
01-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Iowa game is Sept 17th. Eastern Washington game is Sept 10th.
If.....if ESPN were to televise EWU at the FargoDome Aug 27th to open
the season, there is the chance NDSU could have a bye week leading
into the Hawkeye game. Could be helpful to the Bison. Just depends
on when the last game (to be scheduled) is. Sept 3rd is where it should
be, unless NDSU were to re-fill the Sept 10th schedule slot.
What will ESPN do?

Olton Hall
01-12-2016, 04:39 PM
It's not whining. He's doing brilliant snarky sarcasms with plenty of ISU self deprecating humor. He loves the fact the many NDSU fans get all bent out of shape because they don't recognize the sarcasm. I'm surprised people in Iowa recognize it.

EC8CH
01-12-2016, 05:01 PM
It's not whining. He's doing brilliant snarky sarcasms with plenty of ISU self deprecating humor. He loves the fact the many NDSU fans get all bent out of shape because they don't recognize the sarcasm. I'm surprised people in Iowa recognize it.

His first bit was the funniest, it's been going steadily downhill from there. Each time it seems becomes less self deprecating and more just tired North Dakota stereotypes. Guy desperately needs some new fracking material.

EC8CH
01-12-2016, 05:14 PM

His first bit was the funniest, it's been going steadily downhill from there. Each time it seems becomes less self deprecating and more just tired North Dakota stereotypes. Guy desperately needs some new fracking material.

MNLonghorn10
01-12-2016, 05:48 PM
But you will be going to the game?

Def. P5 games are the best. Why do you ask?

Hammerhead
01-12-2016, 07:50 PM
I'm sure Iowa will have their "worst team in years", according to fans, after their team loses to a lowly FCS school.

thebootfitter
01-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Hmmmm, with Gene Taylor on their staff I rather doubt we are going to sneak up on these boys.
We won't sneak up on their coaches. And the coaches will relay that message to the players. It's just a matter of whether the players are humble enough to recognize that they could lose to an FCS team. I suspect some of their "big boy egos" won't allow them to consider that possibility, and they may get surprised. Which is fine. It works in our favor.

HerdThat!
01-12-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm sure Iowa will have their "worst team in years", according to fans, after their team loses to a lowly FCS school.

It could be doubly awesome since this is our last B1G game, and I am pretty sure they have never lost to an FCS school

RedRiver
01-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Iowa is projected at #19 for the 2016 season.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/projecting-the-2016-college-football-top-25/ss-CCqePs?OCID=HPDHP#image=19

westnodak93bison
01-12-2016, 11:30 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/projecting-the-2016-college-football-top-25/ss-CCqePs?OCID=HPDHP#image=19
If we played the #19 Sagarin team(Wisconsin) today on a neutral field they would be favored by about 5.5

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-13-2016, 12:39 AM

LOL at their schedule getting more difficult with a crossover matchup with Penn State. I think we may be more of a challenge than Penn State.

WE'RE GOING TO KICK THEIR ASSES.*

*Might be the Sangria talking.

Bison_Pride
01-13-2016, 01:01 AM
I doubt the Iowa players will take NDSU any more seriously than a lower level FCS program, in spite of the coaches telling them differently. Just another warm up game. Like Illinois State last year.

wagsabison
01-13-2016, 01:36 AM
I doubt the Iowa players will take NDSU any more seriously than a lower level FCS program, in spite of the coaches telling them differently. Just another warm up game. Like Illinois State last year.

I kind of agree. They'll look at ISUr and think they really weren't all that difficult. How much better can we be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTru
01-13-2016, 01:45 AM

It shouldn't be hard to get the players attention. Pull up K State, Iowa State, Minnesota. All three of those games we beat them, not caught them off guard. Physically controlled the game and won.

Now, they are coming off their in state rivalry game which could drain some emotion. I'm sure we'll hear that excuse afterwards.

Also, feeling out about tickets, sounds like they don't always sellout. Hopefully they have a few fans overlooking us that choose to stay home. I'd like to see 20K+ down there and that seems damn realistic especially if tickets can be had for face.

mebisonII
01-13-2016, 03:06 AM
It shouldn't be hard to get the players attention. Pull up K State, Iowa State, Minnesota. All three of those games we beat them, not caught them off guard. Physically controlled the game and won.

Now, they are coming off their in state rivalry game which could drain some emotion. I'm sure we'll hear that excuse afterwards.

Also, feeling out about tickets, sounds like they don't always sellout. Hopefully they have a few fans overlooking us that choose to stay home. I'd like to see 20K+ down there and that seems damn realistic especially if tickets can be had for face.

This isn't Minnesota. Or Iowa State. Especially coming off the year they just had, the stadium is going to packed. CyPanth has made some strange comments making it sound like their support is lackluster, but that city revolves around Hawkeyes football (and wrestling). For the B10 championship, they managed to color stripe most of the stands at a neutral site!

AjaxTheMighty
01-13-2016, 03:11 AM

I feel sorry for the blokes who don't recognize sarcasm or satire. Imagine how pissed those people were when they watched Dumb and Dumber and later found out it wasn't a documentary!

BisonTru
01-13-2016, 03:18 AM
This isn't Minnesota. Or Iowa State. Especially coming off the year they just had, the stadium is going to packed. CyPanth has made some strange comments making it sound like their support is lackluster, but that city revolves around Hawkeyes football (and wrestling). For the B10 championship, they managed to color stripe most of the stands at a neutral site!

They have a 70,000 seat stadium and from my understanding 10-15K season ticket holders let their tickets go a couple years ago. After their finish last year I'm sure a few will be coming back, but non the less if our fans do a little due diligence it sounds like we may find all the seats we want. Poking my head around their forum I suggested this game will sell out, the response I got was "Great, I hope it sells out. I would be quite surprised, but great." Could be getting trolled, but he seemed genuine.

56BISON73
01-13-2016, 03:46 AM
They have a 70,000 seat stadium and from my understanding 10-15K season ticket holders let their tickets go a couple years ago. After their finish last year I'm sure a few will be coming back, but non the less if our fans do a little due diligence it sounds like we may find all the seats we want. Poking my head around their forum I suggested this game will sell out, the response I got was "Great, I hope it sells out. I would be quite surprised, but great." Could be getting trolled, but he seemed genuine.

There are many tix to be had on game day. Scalpers all over the place.

56BISON73
01-13-2016, 03:48 AM

Actually thats what you are hoping for. Reality is a different ball game.

56BISON73
01-13-2016, 03:57 AM

Iowa sold 37,823 general-public season tickets last season, and athletic director Gary Barta has factored a sharp decline into budget plans. What the 2015 number is — Barta ball-parked it at around 30,000 in May — will be telling in how far away the Hawkeyes are from reaching Kinnick's capacity of 70,585.

As recently as 2011, Iowa sold out Kinnick for the entire season. It has one sellout (a 20-17 loss to Iowa State last year) the past two seasons.

In numbers provided by Iowa, total season-ticket sales over the past decade reached a high point in 2011 — with 55,457 combined buys among the general public (40,506), faculty/staff (4,438) and students (10,513). That left an average gap of roughly 15,000 for single-game tickets to reach sellout status, including the standard opponent's allotment of 4,000 for most games.

In 2014, combined season buys were 48,268 (down 13 percent from 2011). It's possible that the 2015 gap between season-ticket sales and capacity will hover around the 30,000 range — or twice that of 2011.

You can expect season tickets to skyrocket again next year.

HerdBoy
01-13-2016, 04:14 AM

I would have thought they would be ranked higher.

North Side
01-13-2016, 04:16 AM
Last time NDSU will ever play a Big Ten team lets make it count!

ndsubison1
01-13-2016, 05:37 AM

No matter how we do, Iowa had a terrific season and I guarantee you they will assume they're way above us

56BISON73
01-13-2016, 05:50 AM
No matter how we do, Iowa had a terrific season and I guarantee you they will assume they're way above us

:facepalm:

westnodak93bison
01-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Agree some what. Don't under estimate the big 10 arrogance

mebisonII
01-13-2016, 11:15 AM
Iowa sold 37,823 general-public season tickets last season, and athletic director Gary Barta has factored a sharp decline into budget plans. What the 2015 number is — Barta ball-parked it at around 30,000 in May — will be telling in how far away the Hawkeyes are from reaching Kinnick's capacity of 70,585.

As recently as 2011, Iowa sold out Kinnick for the entire season. It has one sellout (a 20-17 loss to Iowa State last year) the past two seasons.

In numbers provided by Iowa, total season-ticket sales over the past decade reached a high point in 2011 — with 55,457 combined buys among the general public (40,506), faculty/staff (4,438) and students (10,513). That left an average gap of roughly 15,000 for single-game tickets to reach sellout status, including the standard opponent's allotment of 4,000 for most games.

In 2014, combined season buys were 48,268 (down 13 percent from 2011). It's possible that the 2015 gap between season-ticket sales and capacity will hover around the 30,000 range — or twice that of 2011.

You can expect season tickets to skyrocket again next year.

Interesting, it's been a few years and a few changes since I was in the area, I guess!

Vet70
01-13-2016, 12:08 PM
I don't see how we have much going for us in this game---I think that we have them right where we want them.

westnodak93bison
01-13-2016, 01:01 PM
I don't see how we have much going for us in this game---I think that we have them right where we want them.
Two sentences that contradict each other?

Vet70
01-13-2016, 01:46 PM
Two sentences that contradict each other?

Probably, but it makes sense to me. In a lot of ways I see similarities with the K-State game. We are playing the big boys and any way you slice it I think that they are going to have more talent than we have. This is not going to be Colorado State. Just about the only advantage that I think we have is that I would be shocked if our players don t go in there with a big chip on their shoulder thinking that they have something to prove. I know that their coaches will be serious, but I cant help but believe that in spite of our FBS success some of their players aren't going to get the message.

ndsubison1
01-13-2016, 03:51 PM
:facepalm:

Facepalm for the truth?

hawkeyejoe
01-13-2016, 04:08 PM

Hope you destroy them.
Typical Clown fan they have the Little Brother syndrome.You will enjoy Iowa City a hell of a lot more than the cow pasture in Lames.

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Typical Clown fan they have the Little Brother syndrome.You will enjoy Iowa City a hell of a lot more than the cow pasture in Lames.

Keep an eye on hawkeyejoe and let me know whose perspective you want to listen to.

Here is a thread that will give you some sense of the range of opinions regarding season tickets next year for Iowa.

http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/showthread.php?73727-Season-tickets-for-2016

Look around on that forum and you will be surprised how many of their fans are "disappointed" with this season because it lessened the likelihood of getting rid of their coach!

Their fans didn't go to home games to see their undefeated team, but they took a huge crowd to Pasadena for their second loss. Tells you what you need to know about their fanbase: aging and Disney-focused.

Bison 4 Life
01-13-2016, 04:35 PM

I got a pretty good kabob from a street vendor in Ames. I also got completely ignored by a bartender because I was wearing Bison gear.

Your move Iowa City.

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 04:38 PM
I got a pretty good kabob from a street vendor in Ames. I also got completely ignored by a bartender because I was wearing Bison gear.

Your move Iowa City.

Didn't have anything to do with your Bison gear. The kabob vendor told the bartender how badly you tip!

hawkeyejoe
01-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Keep an eye on hawkeyejoe and let me know whose perspective you want to listen to.

Here is a thread that will give you some sense of the range of opinions regarding season tickets next year for Iowa.

http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/showthread.php?73727-Season-tickets-for-2016

Look around on that forum and you will be surprised how many of their fans are "disappointed" with this season because it lessened the likelihood of getting rid of their coach!

Their fans didn't go to home games to see their undefeated team, but they took a huge crowd to Pasadena for their second loss. Tells you what you need to know about their fanbase: aging and Disney-focused.

Another typical Clown response,you didn't lose a bowl game the last 3 years right?Of sourse you didn't go to one either.

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Another typical Clown response,you didn't lose a bowl game the last 3 years right?Of sourse you didn't go to one either.

Exhibit A of what we call a "Tavern Hawk!"

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 04:56 PM
Just think of the Hawkeyes as an Iowa version of UN_ . . . and you thought UN_ couldn't be any worse!

hawkeyejoe
01-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Exhibit A of what we call a "Tavern Hawk!"

25 year season ticket holder there Sparky how about you?

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 05:01 PM
25 year season ticket holder there Sparky how about you?

Do you Bison fans remember "bigdaddykane?" I think we have found his Hawkeye uncle!

ZHerd
01-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Just think of the Hawkeyes as an Iowa version of UN_ . . . and you thought UN_ couldn't be any worse!

First time I have ever witnessed you exaggerating

EC8CH
01-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Chill out Iowa visitors... Soon enough the Bison will give you a way to ultimately determine who sucks worse by comparing who lost to the Bison by the most.

hawkeyejoe
01-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Do you Bison fans remember "bigdaddykane?" I think we have found his Hawkeye uncle!

Why don't you answer the question?

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 05:20 PM
Why don't you answer the question?

I don't talk "to" Hawkeye trolls on the Bisonville site . . . I talk to Bison fans "about" Hawkeye trolls!

P.S. You can see what sort of stellar interaction you can look forward to with the folks who wander over from the HawkeyeNation barren land.

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Looking forward to Iowa City. Even with a win and sitting in front of cypanth, I found my self getting more sober the more bars I went to. Very disappointed in Ames that Friday night

BisonTru
01-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Looking forward to Iowa City. Even with a win and sitting in front of cypanth, I found my self getting more sober the more bars I went to. Very disappointed in Ames that Friday night

If your having problems with service that speaks more to your tipping and bar etiquette.

Most bartenders care more about their pocket book vs. what T shirt you wear.

Also, some bartenders aren't too found of the local fan base since they get to deal with them so much.

Bison 4 Life
01-13-2016, 05:42 PM
If your having problems with service that speaks more to your tipping and bar etiquette.

Also, some bartenders aren't too found of the local fan base since they get to deal with them so much.

Fuck that, I walked in, made eye contact with the first bartender I saw and he flat out blew me off with a smirk.

I had to go to the other side of the bar and tipped a dollar for a bottle beer, which I do almost exclusively. If a dollar is too little to take the god damn cap off a beer and hand it to me then fuck you.

Bison 4 Life
01-13-2016, 05:44 PM
I wanna say that was at Sportsman's.

hawkeyejoe
01-13-2016, 05:45 PM
I don't talk "to" Hawkeye trolls on the Bisonville site . . . I talk to Bison fans "about" Hawkeye trolls!

P.S. You can see what sort of stellar interaction you can look forward to with the folks who wander over from the HawkeyeNation barren land.

Typical response from someone without an answer or in your case a clue.

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2016, 05:45 PM

Thanks for the bar etiquette, dad. ..but they don't put any booze in their drinks.

Iowa in itself is a weird state so I don't know if it's in the norm to do that?

I do know sioux city is in it so it automatically sucks

hawkeyejoe
01-13-2016, 05:47 PM

If you need any tips on Iowa City let me know you will be amazed at the difference.Big time stadium and atmosphere something little brother will never have.

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2016, 05:49 PM
If you need any tips on Iowa City let me know you will be amazed at the difference.Big time stadium and atmosphere something little brother will never have.
Thanks. Looking forward to your tips, contributions, etc.

HerdBoy
01-13-2016, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the bar etiquette, dad. ..but they don't put any booze in their drinks.

Nebraska and South Dakota are OK though.

all2matt
01-13-2016, 06:21 PM
this is gonna be a fun game for me. Grew up in cedar rapids, lived in Iowa City for 6 yrs where I met wife (from washburn and a UND and NDSU Alum), after her residency @ UofIowa we moved (2009) up here to Bismarck. I have watched every Bison game since 2009 (minus a handful) plus a few in '08 & '07. I have quickly grown to love watching NDSU play football and basketball.

What the Bison do on O and D is what Iowa does. Most of Iowa's kids are like NDSUs, they grew up in small towns and worked hard to become great FB players. All but a few of iowa players where 2*/3* players that were overlooked by bigtime programs and came to IOWA to prove they have what it takes. Its very easy to see of our 3 nonconf games NDSU is by far the toughest, and yes I include ISU. The Iowa St game is a rivalry game so its always gonna be close.

the B10 Elitist attitude is something you may not find as much as expect at Iowa. Iowa is not Mich, tOSU, Penn St or Nebraska, Iowa has never been entitled to success like alot of those programs feel they deserve. Iowa has never had the Flashy recruits so itll will be very similar to NDSU and not like those Jacksonville St teams with all those amazing SEC transfers (Ha, Ha, insert sarcasm), or maybe I read too many ESPN comments before the title game.

this game will be a 6-10pt game very simialr to our games vs UNI, I dont expect the players to overlook this one as NDSU is WAY WAY beyond being overlooked. 5 rings and 5 straight FBS wins takes those thoughts out of the equation. I think this is going to be a great test for the Bison on their way to pick up their 6pack :-)

We will be going back for the game so I expect to see alot of Bison fans on my plane out of Bismarck. Tailgating will be fun for you guys as should the stadium environment. One thing you notice is how close the stands are to the field, so if you get those upfront seats you will truly be right there.

BisonTru
01-13-2016, 06:26 PM
Fuck that, I walked in, made eye contact with the first bartender I saw and he flat out blew me off with a smirk.

I had to go to the other side of the bar and tipped a dollar for a bottle beer, which I do almost exclusively. If a dollar is too little to take the god damn cap off a beer and hand it to me then fuck you.

You mean the bartender didn't stop everything he's doing to help you at the very moment he noticed you because you tip a dollar.😆 Sorry bud gonna need to be better than that if you want rockstar service in a busy bar.

wagsabison
01-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Ames is nice in September

DjKyRo
01-13-2016, 06:40 PM
This is going to be awesome.

Bison 4 Life
01-13-2016, 06:40 PM
You mean the bartender didn't stop everything he's doing to help you at the very moment he noticed you because you tip a dollar.�� Sorry bud gonna need to be better than that if you want rockstar service in a busy bar.

How many dollars on a single bottle beer is appropriate? I'm dying to find out.

BisonTru
01-13-2016, 06:41 PM

Your most likely that guy who orders a drink ask that you make it stiff but refuses to order a double.

Whatever bud now that I know your too tight to order a double here's 3/4 of a shot. Don't worry I'll do the long pour and wink tho. Maybe I'll get a dollar, maybe.

BisonTru
01-13-2016, 06:44 PM
How many dollars on a single bottle beer is appropriate? I'm dying to find out.

If you want the bartender to stop whatever he's doing the moment you make eye contact, more than a dollar.

TransAmBison
01-13-2016, 06:46 PM
What's with people being a-holes on here? Seriously...

Bison 4 Life
01-13-2016, 06:48 PM
What's with people being a-holes on here? Seriously...

apparently we don't know how to bar correctly.

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Didn't have anything to do with your Bison gear. The kabob vendor told the bartender how badly you tip!

I was being sarcastic! Didn't expect it to turn into a thread hijacking. Can we please get back to mocking the Hawkeyes?

Warning: In Iowa City, they love to issue open container citations to fans of the visiting team!

56BISON73
01-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Interesting, it's been a few years and a few changes since I was in the area, I guess!

yEAH THEY HAD TO BE CREATIVE THIS YEAR TO SELL MORE TICKETS LIKE A 3 GAME PACKAGE. Happens every know and then depending on how long the drought has been going on. Ferentzs teams are like a roller coaster. Very cyclical.

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 07:03 PM
"As of Monday afternoon, there were 13,800 football tickets remaining for Iowa’s home finale Nov. 21 against Purdue."

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2015/11/09/tickets-available-senior-day-purdue-gary-barta/75467850/

Imagine that. Your team is 10-0, but nobody is buying tickets. And this is "unsold" tickets, not "unused" tickets. Attendance was much worse for that game.

I think Bison fans will be able to get all the tickets they want, especially since it won't be opening day.

56BISON73
01-13-2016, 07:05 PM
I was being sarcastic! Didn't expect it to turn into a thread hijacking. Can we please get back to mocking the Hawkeyes?

Warning: In Iowa City, they love to issue open container citations to fans of the visiting team!

They give those citations to everyone. Plus they issue citations to the underaged under the influence. Go to the Airliner and watch the show.

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 07:18 PM
They give those citations to everyone. Plus they issue citations to the underaged under the influence. Go to the Airliner and watch the show.

The open container citations are like $120! Seven cops circled a group of three my friends and treated them like felons. I had already headed across the street to get a brat. Meanwhile, Hawkeye fans are drinking everywhere. Good thing we won (9-7)!

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 07:21 PM

MNL10, were you sitting with Lakes? Or were you in the second row a little to the right of Lakes?

NDSUBowler
01-13-2016, 08:05 PM
Your most likely that guy who orders a drink ask that you make it stiff but refuses to order a double.

Whatever bud now that I know your too tight to order a double here's 3/4 of a shot. Don't worry I'll do the long pour and wink tho. Maybe I'll get a dollar, maybe.
You're*

you're*

mebisonII
01-13-2016, 08:09 PM
Has anyone mentioned yet that its going to be a long off-season?

bri-dog
01-13-2016, 08:13 PM
Has anyone mentioned yet that its going to be a long off-season?

And we've been fortunate enough to not have our season end in November or December for quite awhile now...

Vet70
01-13-2016, 08:21 PM
This is going to be fun to watch---one person from Iowa trolling another fan from Iowa (not you CY--your family--sort of).

ZHerd
01-13-2016, 08:25 PM
This is going to be fun to watch---one person from Iowa trolling another fan from Iowa (not you CY--your family--sort of).

Always interesting to see...like with the Utah St. Vs BYU fan during the 6th fan fiasco

56BISON73
01-13-2016, 08:25 PM

To be fair you have to understand the Cypanth being a ISU and a UNI fan, hes got the Red Head step child syndrome X 2 going for him.

Vet70
01-13-2016, 08:31 PM
To be fair you have to understand the Cypanth being a ISU and a UNI fan, hes got the Red Head step child syndrome X 2 going for him.

I've picked that up--it will make it even more fun to watch.

westnodak93bison
01-13-2016, 08:34 PM

Was your belly hanging out of your shirt or maybe your zipper was down? Jk

BISONBRI53
01-13-2016, 08:41 PM

Watching the game on Saturday I think that could have been 90% of our fan base! Gabe agrees! :biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
01-13-2016, 08:49 PM

Not then. Much later, probably.

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2016, 10:45 PM
MNL10, were you sitting with Lakes? Or were you in the second row a little to the right of Lakes?

i was with lakes. right behind the goal post, row 1

56BISON73
01-14-2016, 02:42 AM
I've picked that up--it will make it even more fun to watch.

ISU and UNI are like UND. ISU and UNI play second fiddle to the Hawkeyes and constantly cry about those big bad meanies.. And UND....................does the same thing. Its quite humorous.

CyPanth
01-14-2016, 02:47 AM

Make it X 3. I'm also a Cubs fan. I was there for the 1984 "Next Year is Here" train wreck in the playoffs against San Diego.

CyPanth
01-14-2016, 02:48 AM
i was with lakes. right behind the goal post, row 1

As I recall, there were three of you in that row right in the middle. I still despise the guy who sold you those tickets!

CyPanth
01-14-2016, 03:00 AM

There are plenty of intelligent Iowa fans. And then there are those with a handful of standard lines they fall back on. You can expect plenty of flurries of low quality posts. Hawkeye Nation is pretty much a wasteland. The most interesting threads are the pro-Ferentz/anti-Ferentz debates.

BisonFan02
01-14-2016, 04:02 AM
You know your program has arrived with Hawkeye and Cyclone fans are going at it on your home board. :D :rofl:

MNLonghorn10
01-14-2016, 11:25 AM
As I recall, there were three of you in that row right in the middle. I still despise the guy who sold you those tickets!
Think there was probably 5 or 6 with lakes that game...don't lie, you wouldn't have it any other way

hawkeyejoe
01-14-2016, 12:46 PM
There are plenty of intelligent Iowa fans. And then there are those with a handful of standard lines they fall back on. You can expect plenty of flurries of low quality posts. Hawkeye Nation is pretty much a wasteland. The most interesting threads are the pro-Ferentz/anti-Ferentz debates.

For a real laugh go toCyclonefanatic if you want Iowa news go to Hawkeyereport(rivals).

hawkeyejoe
01-14-2016, 12:47 PM
ISU and UNI are like UND. ISU and UNI play second fiddle to the Hawkeyes and constantly cry about those big bad meanies.. And UND....................does the same thing. Its quite humorous.

You absolutely nailed it.

TateMosersneighbor
01-15-2016, 03:45 PM
I am really looking forward to the game at Kinnick. It's a great college football stadium. The fan base is passionate and likes to drink, sound familiar? I hope it's a 7pm game...

hawkeyejoe
01-16-2016, 05:24 PM
I am really looking forward to the game at Kinnick. It's a great college football stadium. The fan base is passionate and likes to drink, sound familiar? I hope it's a 7pm game...

Hope you have a great time Barta our AD is quoted as saying he would like a couple night games this year so who knows.

CyPanth
01-17-2016, 09:08 PM

It is true. Great stadium. Passionate fan base (at least the ones that show up). However, it is a very, very different tailgate scene. Hundreds of little private parties tucked into parking ramps, apartment building parking lots, etc. Nothing wide open like for home games in Fargo, Ames, and Cedar Falls. It is not a tailgate scene that is "welcoming to strangers," even for Hawkeye fans themselves. Nonetheless, I fully expect your Alumni Office to find some fantastic place for you. It may have to be pretty far from the stadium. Or maybe they will rent out the ground floor of the hospital next door to the stadium!

westnodak93bison
01-18-2016, 11:58 AM
It is true. Great stadium. Passionate fan base (at least the ones that show up). However, it is a very, very different tailgate scene. Hundreds of little private parties tucked into parking ramps, apartment building parking lots, etc. Nothing wide open like for home games in Fargo, Ames, and Cedar Falls. It is not a tailgate scene that is "welcoming to strangers," even for Hawkeye fans themselves. Nonetheless, I fully expect your Alumni Office to find some fantastic place for you. It may have to be pretty far from the stadium. Or maybe they will rent out the ground floor of the hospital next door to the stadium!
Interesting comments. Sounds like a big 10 elitist bunch.

hawkeyejoe
01-18-2016, 03:23 PM

Not at all I will drink a beer with Bison fans gladly.Cy boy is still butt hurt about being the red headed step child in Iowa.

EightyfourBison
01-18-2016, 04:29 PM

Won't be a problem for Bison fans. Walked a mile to the stadium in Manhattan in nearly 100 degree heat then walked back after they gave us a nice fireworks show. :rofl:

mebisonII
01-18-2016, 04:29 PM

Its largely a practical issue...you'll see on google maps that Kinnick is right in the middle of town, right next to the hospital and hemmed in by athletic facilities, housing, and a small creek. There really isn't any space for a large sprawling tailgate area like Trice Stadium has.

I just heard that the new children's hospital has family lounges on the end of the building facing the stadium, so the upper floors can see into the stadium. I'm not 100% certain if that's true, and obviously no one wants to be in a children hospital, but seems like its a nice little perk to brighten the stay for folks who have to be there.

56BISON73
01-18-2016, 08:21 PM

Its just the way its laid out. Its hard to describe. There really isnt any one BIG lot where there is tailgating like we have. People tailgate where they can find a spot. You dont find big groups also like we have. Its a different atmosphere but its enjoyable if you dont keep trying to compare it to NDSU.

westnodak93bison
01-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Its just the way its laid out. Its hard to describe. There really isnt any one BIG lot where there is tailgating like we have. People tailgate where they can find a spot. You dont find big groups also like we have. Its a different atmosphere but its enjoyable if you dont keep trying to compare it to NDSU.

I was referring to this post by cypath

56BISON73
01-19-2016, 01:01 AM
I was referring to this post by cypath

Ok. Ive never tailgated at Iowa because when Im there I usually involved in other activities. I have walked through the lots and talked to people. I cant say they have been overly friendly. But they werent off putting either.
Bottom line is smile be friendly and the same will be returned.

ZHerd
01-19-2016, 01:38 AM
Looking at the Iowa rivals forum I think I actually feel sorry for Hawkeye fans having to put up with that for the next 9 months. Never thought Id say this but Lakes is 10 times more sane than some of those posters and at least Lakes can occasionally be funny.

bruinbison
01-19-2016, 02:13 AM
Here is Iowa's write-up, from ESPN, regarding the NFL Draft
and early-entrants (or in Iowa's case, the lack of)

Iowa: The Hawkeyes didn't have many underclassmen candidates to go pro, but they kept the most important one in town with cornerback Desmond King. It's rare to see a cornerback as decorated as King, the 2015 Jim Thorpe Award winner, pass up the chance to go to the draft. He will anchor an Iowa defense that regains most of its key components, including linebacker Josey Jewell. Quarterback C.J. Beathard could enhance his NFL stock as a senior after a strong debut this past season as the Hawkeyes' triggerman.

Snowgoose
01-19-2016, 03:01 AM
I had a chance to talk to an Iowa fan on Sunday at church and it was the usual FBS junk and arrogance when talking that they are just that much better and no FBS school should ever lose to an Fcs school. The arrogance is just annoying. Don't they understand that we are very equivalent to a team rated between 20-40 on any given year lately. We are better over the last five years than the crappy goofers or ISU.

SoCalBison
01-19-2016, 03:18 AM
I had a chance to talk to an Iowa fan on Sunday at church and it was the usual FBS junk and arrogance when talking that they are just that much better and no FBS school should ever lose to an Fcs school. The arrogance is just annoying. Don't they understand that we are very equivalent to a team rated between 20-40 on any given year lately. We are better over the last five years than the crappy goofers or ISU.

My preference is that they continue to not understand it until we've beaten them.

EC8CH
01-19-2016, 03:42 AM
Looking at the Iowa rivals forum I think I actually feel sorry for Hawkeye fans having to put up with that for the next 9 months. Never thought Id say this but Lakes is 10 times more sane than some of those posters and at least Lakes can occasionally be funny.

Those fools think we don't have hotel rooms already booked in their podunk Iowa town.... Pleeeeeaze.

Bisonwinagn
01-19-2016, 03:53 AM

Surprising considering UNI has played them close over the years!! Their theory is probably true, but it's not reality.

westnodak93bison
01-19-2016, 03:54 AM
Those fools think we don't have hotel rooms already booked in their podunk Iowa town.... Pleeeeeaze.
My wife booked some on Saturday. Plenty to be had. Some for high dollar with no cancel policy.

hawkeyejoe
01-19-2016, 02:37 PM

Where do you come up with crap like this who tf cares about whether you have a hotel room or not?

Green1
01-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Where do you come up with crap like this who tf cares about whether you have a hotel room or not?

Somebody sounds like they didn't get a good night's sleep.

EC8CH
01-19-2016, 06:17 PM

Deez Nutz:

Your stadium only fits 19K but 10K are going to make a 8 plus hour trip to a place thats hotel situation isn't like MSP.

The question then becomes how much are you and your fans willing to pay and how likely you are to find hotels near the stadium?

Why does Iowa City have so few hotel accommodations anyway?

Bisonator98
01-19-2016, 07:40 PM
Deez Nutz:

It's Iowa City, wtf wants to go there.:)

Kujava23
01-19-2016, 07:43 PM
I want to go to IOWA game and BISON HORNS got good tickets for us but our HIGH SCHOOL
has HOMECOMING game on SATURDAYS so I can't go----as I'm an assistant FB coach

BisonNation11
01-19-2016, 09:24 PM
I want to go to IOWA game and BISON HORNS got good tickets for us but our HIGH SCHOOL
has HOMECOMING game on SATURDAYS so I can't go----as I'm an assistant FB coach

So you're saying BISON HORNS has good tickets for sale??? :biggrin: :hide:

56BISON73
01-20-2016, 01:30 AM
Deez Nutz:

How would Fargo do with an influx of 70000 + for a weekend? People book their hotels a year in advance. Whats Close to the stadium?

tjbison
01-20-2016, 01:46 AM
How would Fargo do with an influx of 70000 + for a weekend? People book their hotels a year in advance. Whats Close to the stadium?

oh come on they do....we have 70k just tailgating every week......

:biggrin:

IzzyFlexion
01-20-2016, 02:17 AM
Deez Nutz:

Cedar Rapids is just 28 miles to the north on I-380. Cedar Rapids alone has a population of over 126,000 and it's metro population (NOT counting Iowa City and Corallville) is over 256,000. The two metros combined (Cedar Rapids and Iowa City corridor) is about 420,000.

Lots of good places to stay in CR.

56BISON73
01-20-2016, 02:22 AM
oh come on they do....we have 70k just tailgating every week......

:biggrin:

You think people bitch about traffic after a home game? LOL LOL LOL

MNLonghorn10
01-20-2016, 02:24 AM
Cedar Rapids is just 28 miles to the north on I-380. Cedar Rapids alone has a population of over 126,000 and it's metro population (NOT counting Iowa City and Corallville) is over 256,000. The two metros combined (Cedar Rapids and Iowa City corridor) is about 420,000.

sounds like a headache getting to and from friday & saturday. especially when I plan on being in a drunken stupor

EC8CH
01-20-2016, 02:28 AM

But does Iowa city have a Home Depot or do I need to drive to Cedar Rapids for that too?

56BISON73
01-20-2016, 02:32 AM
But does Iowa city have a Home Depot or do I need to drive to Cedar Rapids for that too?

You plan on building something?

IzzyFlexion
01-20-2016, 02:42 AM
sounds like a headache getting to and from friday & saturday. especially when I plan on being in a drunken stupor

There's a rest area between the two.

Easy off and easy on puke break........

Problem solved.

EC8CH
01-20-2016, 02:45 PM
You plan on building something?

Just trying to get a sense of the surrounding community. Limited hotel space, need to drive to nearest big town to find a Home Depot. I've been to similar places and had a good time.

Bison_Pyro
01-20-2016, 02:50 PM
Just trying to get a sense of the surrounding community. Limited hotel space, need to drive to nearest big town to find a Home Depot. I've been to similar places and had a good time.

Wait, are you subliminally lobbying for GameDay?

EC8CH
01-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Wait, are you subliminally lobbying for GameDay?

If Iowa would have finish their season like the Bison did with a National Championship it would have been a slam dunk.

Unfortunately, they didn't hold up their end and with no Home Depot in Iowa City it's probably a long shot at best.

56BISON73
01-20-2016, 11:31 PM

Not limited hotels. Just a shit ton of people.

EC8CH
01-20-2016, 11:45 PM
Not limited hotels. Just a shit ton of people.

Awesome, sounds like fun. Hope to be a part of a large green and yellow contingent.

onbison09
01-21-2016, 01:29 AM
They only beat Missouri State by 14 in 2013 and UNI by 8 in 2014. That has absolutely no bearing on next year's game, but they shouldn't be acting like they're just rolling FCS teams.

CyPanth
01-21-2016, 05:59 AM

I wouldn't say it is mainly an elitist issue. It is really just a bunch of private parties. Hence, the line about not being welcoming even to Hawkeye fans. Any Cyclone, Panther, Bison, or even a Hawkeye fan could walk into my tailgate and it would take about 10 seconds for us to make them feel welcome. And I think the same could be said for the bulk of what I have seen from Bison tailgates. I don't think this is what you will find in Iowa City for the most part.

My advice to you would be to book your hotel rooms ASAP, then wait for your Alumni Association to set up a tailgate area for you.

Or maybe some of the Hawkeye fans will post invitations to their tailgates. Don't hold your breath. Actually, if you go to their tailgates, you might want to hold your breath! Lots of beer, brats, and missing teeth with Tavern Hoks.

hawkeyejoe
01-21-2016, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't say it is mainly an elitist issue. It is really just a bunch of private parties. Hence, the line about not being welcoming even to Hawkeye fans. Any Cyclone, Panther, Bison, or even a Hawkeye fan could walk into my tailgate and it would take about 10 seconds for us to make them feel welcome. And I think the same could be said for the bulk of what I have seen from Bison tailgates. I don't think this is what you will find in Iowa City for the most part.

My advice to you would be to book your hotel rooms ASAP, then wait for your Alumni Association to set up a tailgate area for you.

Or maybe some of the Hawkeye fans will post invitations to their tailgates. Don't hold your breath. Actually, if you go to their tailgates, you might want to hold your breath! Lots of beer, brats, and missing teeth with Tavern Hoks.
You must truly be a lonely,angry person.

56BISON73
01-21-2016, 10:08 PM
You must truly be a lonely,angry person.

Whats funny is when we went to UNI about 4-5 years ago EVERY UNI fan we met was very nice-corgial. BUT after a while every conversation turned in to a Hawkeye hate fest.

CyPanth
01-22-2016, 03:38 AM
Whats funny is when we went to UNI about 4-5 years ago EVERY UNI fan we met was very nice-corgial. BUT after a while every conversation turned in to a Hawkeye hate fest.

Interesting. Often UNI fans are called Panther Hawks. A big part of the reason that UNI doesn't have a better fan following is that they compete directly for fans with Iowa. You really see this on Saturdays when both are in town. Lots of empty seats in the UNI-Dome.

UNI fans are quite congenial. Very much reflective of Iowa values. On the other hand, Iowa fans are often less congenial, partly because so many alumni and faculty originally came from big cities outside Iowa. We sometimes refer to Iowa as EIU (which can mean Eastern Iowa University or Eastern Illinois University since so many students come from Chicago).

Of course, there are plenty of exceptions, but generally I find much more antagonism between Iowa and Iowa State, not Iowa and UNI. If Hawkeye hatred is growing in Cedar Falls, that is a good sign.

P.S. Cue the Hok troll to dig deep and take another oh-so-clever shot at me. He is giving you a good glimpse of what so many Hokeye fans are like. Wonder which Chicago suburb he is from.

56BISON73
01-22-2016, 05:41 AM
Interesting. Often UNI fans are called Panther Hawks. A big part of the reason that UNI doesn't have a better fan following is that they compete directly for fans with Iowa. You really see this on Saturdays when both are in town. Lots of empty seats in the UNI-Dome.

UNI fans are quite congenial. Very much reflective of Iowa values. On the other hand, Iowa fans are often less congenial, partly because so many alumni and faculty originally came from big cities outside Iowa. We sometimes refer to Iowa as EIU (which can mean Eastern Iowa University or Eastern Illinois University since so many students come from Chicago).

Of course, there are plenty of exceptions, but generally I find much more antagonism between Iowa and Iowa State, not Iowa and UNI. If Hawkeye hatred is growing in Cedar Falls, that is a good sign.

P.S. Cue the Hok troll to dig deep and take another oh-so-clever shot at me. He is giving you a good glimpse of what so many Hokeye fans are like. Wonder which Chicago suburb he is from.

Ran in to a guy in Clear Lake at the Kum and GO. Had a UNI hat on and Hawkeye jacket. WE struck up a conversation and I mentioned the hat and jacket. He just shook his head laughed and said ---dont ask. Had a good chuckle with him over it.

NDSUFREAK
01-22-2016, 03:36 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I sure hope everyone got their hotel room either now or months before...hotels all around Iowa City and basically sold out.

17>1
01-22-2016, 06:15 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I sure hope everyone got their hotel room either now or months before...hotels all around Iowa City and basically sold out.

Hoping for an earlier start to this game so we can just bail right away after. I have a cousin in Fredericksburg, IA whose husband is a Hawkeye fan, and they might join us for the game and put us up for a night or two.

Bison_Pyro
01-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Hoping for an earlier start to this game so we can just bail right away after. I have a cousin in Fredericksburg, IA whose husband is a Hawkeye fan, and they might join us for the game and put us up for a night or two.

I want a night game, K-State style minus the 100+ degree temps

17>1
01-22-2016, 07:27 PM
I want a night game, K-State style minus the 100+ degree temps

I'm really okay with just about any time, but would prefer earlier for traveling reasons. And yes, screw that 100+ business...that was just ridiculous.

56BISON73
01-22-2016, 08:38 PM
I'm really okay with just about any time, but would prefer earlier for traveling reasons. And yes, screw that 100+ business...that was just ridiculous.

The game in Iowa City the next day was just as hot. Left at half time. It was terrible

So was the thursday game in KC with the Packers and Chiefs.

Last time I was that uncomfortable for 3 days of football was in prefall football practice. Terrible

SDbison
01-22-2016, 08:44 PM
I want a night game, K-State style minus the 100+ degree temps I just looked it up.......for Sept 17 Iowa City's average high is 77 degrees and average low is 55 degrees. The record high for Sept 17 is 93 degrees. Of course who knows how humid it could be since it is Iowa with all the corn and pig sweat.

Bison_Pyro
01-22-2016, 09:22 PM
I just looked it up.......for Sept 17 Iowa City's average high is 77 degrees and average low is 55 degrees. The record high for Sept 17 is 93 degrees. Of course who knows how humid it could be since it is Iowa with all the corn and pig sweat.

Sounds about perfect for a 65 degree, 7pm start. Pig sweat on the other hand... not so perfect.

NDSUSR
01-22-2016, 09:40 PM
Hahah Iowa was getting owned/trolled on iowa.forums.rivals.com so they wiped the whole Iowa vs NDSU thread.
It was pretty hilarious too.

ZHerd
01-22-2016, 10:41 PM
Hahah Iowa was getting owned/trolled on iowa.forums.rivals.com so they wiped the whole Iowa vs NDSU thread.

If Bison fans acting like fools is hilarious...then I suppose it was

IzzyFlexion
01-22-2016, 10:58 PM

Right now on Priceline booking into Cedar Rapids on Friday night (September 16th) there is:

a 2 star hotel (Super 8 type/grade) for $46 (with fees and taxes......total is $57.24)

and a 3 star (Holiday inn type/grade) for $71. (with taxes and fees...........total is $86.60)

Booking into Iowa City/Coralville for that same night, there is a 2 star for $74. (with fees and taxes......total is $90.02).

These are very good deals...............Grab 'em if your sure you're going.

NDSUSR
01-22-2016, 11:41 PM

I thought it was pretty civil for the most part. I didnt see any of the usual name calling and stuff like that.
Fools were to be seen on both sides though.

BisonTru
01-23-2016, 12:28 AM

Yeah. Wow.

The most objective poster on there thought we should be grateful he gave us a 40% chance against Iowa STATE.

I expect blatant homerism especially on their board, but yeah that's the most credit were getting from any of them.

Suggest the idea the worst teams in the Big 10 could be beat and like evolution in Texas strike that from the record. Blasphemy!

ZHerd
01-23-2016, 12:55 AM
Yeah. Wow.

The most objective poster on there thought we should be grateful he gave us a 40% chance against Iowa STATE.

I expect blatant homerism especially on their board, but yeah that's the most credit were getting from any of them.

Suggest the idea the worst teams in the Big 10 could be beat and like evolution in Texas strike that from the record. Blasphemy!

I'd be worried if they weren't arrogant. Right now most are just like every other P5 fanbase we see so that bodes well based on recent history

ptrBison
01-23-2016, 02:08 AM
I just looked it up.......for Sept 17 Iowa City's average high is 77 degrees and average low is 55 degrees. The record high for Sept 17 is 93 degrees. Of course who knows how humid it could be since it is Iowa with all the corn and pig sweat.

Pickle water bra

mebisonII
01-23-2016, 02:09 AM
Yeah. Wow.

Yeah, I can't believe teams that think they are so good that other teams are below them and shouldn't believe they have a chance. What jerks!

Bisonville GasMan
01-23-2016, 02:28 AM
Pickle water bra

Too soon to start drinking it??? Or no???

ptrBison
01-23-2016, 02:28 AM

What was the issue?

56BISON73
01-23-2016, 02:30 AM

Were you Slowhand?

ptrBison
01-23-2016, 02:38 AM
Too soon to start drinking it??? Or no???

Well, I'm a bit of a salt fiend, so no.My MD. might argue.

BisonTru
01-23-2016, 03:35 AM
Yeah, I can't believe teams that think they are so good that other teams are below them and shouldn't believe they have a chance. What jerks!

Don't really give a shit.

Just found it humorous they dumped a thread cuz it had escalated to the crazy idea NDSU could compete with the worst Big 10 teams.

yopaulie
01-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Hmmm....I see we have the same number of Senior Bowl attendees as Iowa this year. Sounds like a good topic to bring up on Hawkeye Report.

SDbison
01-23-2016, 04:27 PM
Were you Slowhand? No, that is Eric Clapton.

awBison
01-24-2016, 09:24 PM
Gopher hole has a funny thread going too. They actually think that they are a far better than us even after getting completely dominated both times we played them. Quite funny how delusional they are and how many pathetic excuses they come up with.

The Iowa game will likely be one of the toughest games we've had in a long long time. If our D performs like it has been lately and our offense can step it up a few notches I think we have a real shot at winning this game.

westnodak93bison
01-24-2016, 10:44 PM
Gopher hole has a funny thread going too. They actually think that they are a far better than us even after getting completely dominated both times we played them. Quite funny how delusional they are and how many pathetic excuses they come up with.

The Iowa game will likely be one of the toughest games we've had in a long long time. If our D performs like it has been lately and our offense can step it up a few notches I think we have a real shot at winning this game.
Delusional fans and alumni. Some even think they are smarter and deserve higher pay than a lowly NDSU grad just because they got their degree from the U of MN. Lmao at that one.

NDSUSR
01-25-2016, 01:48 AM
And some Bison fan signed up on gopherhole and decided to apologize for all of us asshole NDSU fans.
I hate when people "apologize on behalf of Bison Nation" on forums. F the goofers.

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 02:10 AM
And some Bison fan signed up on gopherhole and decided to apologize for all of us asshole NDSU fans.
I hate when people "apologize on behalf of Bison Nation" on forums. F the goofers.

Fuck those deluded assholes.

They don't realize people think the B1G sucks because of teams like theirs.

ZHerd
01-25-2016, 02:24 AM
Fuck those deluded assholes.

They don't realize people think the B1G sucks because of teams like theirs.

You serious? I don't post on Gopherhole but what kind of a retard would think a conference sucks because it has a bottom feeder?

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 02:30 AM
You serious? I don't post on Gopherhole but what kind of a retard would think a conference sucks because it has a bottom feeder?

The B1G is remarkably top heavy. Every time a Gopher fan talks about it they want to use Ohio State or Michigan state.

It's basically OSU, MSU, sometimes UM, Wisonsin, and Penn State, rarely Iowa and almost never Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue and absolutely never Minnesota, Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland.

So basically it's 2-4 good teams and a ton of shit.

You never hear KU football talking about the Big 12 like they belong. They're just happy basketball keeps them relevant.

SDbison
01-25-2016, 02:32 AM
Likely one our own half dozen Bisonvillers who get a big hard on for all things about that loser big 10 program. Personally I don't care they like the goophers, but wish they would understand this is a Bison messageboard and they will get crap when they talk them up here.

ZHerd
01-25-2016, 03:14 AM
The B1G is remarkably top heavy. Every time a Gopher fan talks about it they want to use Ohio State or Michigan state.

It's basically OSU, MSU, sometimes UM, Wisonsin, and Penn State, rarely Iowa and almost never Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue and absolutely never Minnesota, Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland.

So basically it's 2-4 good teams and a ton of shit.

You never hear KU football talking about the Big 12 like they belong. They're just happy basketball keeps them relevant.

You basically just described every conference including the MVC; several basic guarantee teams and a handful that occasionally compete

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 03:17 AM
You basically just described every conference including the MVC; several basic guarantee teams and a handful that occasionally compete

Yes, but do you see Indiana State beating it's chest over it?

The Big 10 is not considered consistently good because it has a lot more Minnesotas than Ohio States.

EC8CH
01-25-2016, 03:19 AM
I'll watch a gopher game when I'm in the mood for a screwball comedy... They rarely dissapoint.

ndsubison1
01-25-2016, 04:31 AM
Where are the people that actually think Ndsu would beat Bama and win the B1G? Not saying there aren't any, but a very very very small amount of people that is. They act like most of us think that. Saying we could do well in FBS doesn't mean we think we could beat the top teams. As for beating the Goophers, every season since 2011 you could argue it.

BisonTru
01-25-2016, 04:50 AM
Where are the people that actually think Ndsu would beat Bama and win the B1G? Not saying there aren't any, but a very very very small amount of people that is. They act like most of us think that. Saying we could do well in FBS doesn't mean we think we could beat the top teams. As for beating the Goophers, every season since 2011 you could argue it.

It's ridiculous, but almost every non Bison fan I know in this area (F-M) believes that. We all believe we could beat Bama to the point some will tell you, you believe that. What's odd is even some of the most reasonable sane Gopher fans wouldn't give us much of a shot against Indiana. After reading the Iowa board they'd agree with that thought as well. I always thought at a certain point FBS folks would start saying holy shit these boys can hang with us. Nope, just jaws on the ground after every game. Whatever, really, why would we want it any other way? Here's to hoping those players share these thoughts.

ndsubison1
01-25-2016, 04:53 AM

I just read through that thread and one of their posters mentioned my post in our bowl thread. I am famous.

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Early games suck. Make accommodations to better your travel schedule but no doubt... Night is better than day

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Yes, but do you see Indiana State beating it's chest over it?

The Big 10 is not considered consistently good because it has a lot more Minnesotas than Ohio States.
Indiana state has 4 dodge trucks instead of stands on the other side of the field in their stadium. There's no chest thumping from their 3200 fans because we don't ever see them. Weak excuse comparing it to a school that actually has fans.

Mvfc did not do shit until NDSU came along. Its still a 1, maybe 2 team conference with contenders for an fcs title. It's 82762827350002827x more easier to win at the fcs level than it is the fbs. So if the mvfc can only churn out such few title contenders in a much easier tier...really makes your comments about the big 10 being a top heavy conference suck even more. Even tho you spit out 5 schools who have a shot at being successful

westnodak93bison
01-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Yeah but if fans are gonna talk shit at least be in the top half of your fbs conference...quit riding the coat tails of real programs and not lose to multiple FCS/mid major programs. Gophers suck period. Their fan base is a bunch of wannabe elitist types who snicker at the thought of everything ND.

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2016, 01:06 PM
Yeah but if fans are gonna talk shit at least be in the top half of your fbs conference...quit riding the coat tails of real programs and not lose to multiple FCS/mid major programs. Gophers suck period. Their fan base is a bunch of wannabe elitist types who snicker at the thought of everything ND.

Lol. Youre missing the concept entirely.. Listen to what you're saying, "Yo you're a bottom feeder so you can't speak about how great your conference is that you have to play week in week out. You have no leg to stand on because you're consistently in the bottom half after getting beat by some of the best teams in the country... Meanwhile here at NDSU, we play in a much more pud conference but since we finish at or near the top, you have to check yourself before you wreck yourself with who you're talking to!"

The fuck out of here with that senseless bullshit. And please don't tell me to cheer for a different team because I'm not saying something rah rah NDSU.

bisonp
01-25-2016, 01:07 PM

Thing is, the Gophers SHOULD be near the top of the conference. They are 15th nationally in athletic revenue. They have the size, money, facilities, support...everything needed is there.

Yet they still suck because their administration has been completely incompetent for decades. There is no question NDSU has put better football teams on the field lately, and basketball is better this year as well.

Now normally I would figure that this is just a blip, that there's no way things can stay this way with such a disparity in funding. But Minnesota has shown no signs of turning things around. Unless you consider making a bowl game with a losing record to be progress. My guess is things will never change so long as fans keep buying tickets and merchandise...which they will, since the Gophers essentially have a monopoly on Minnesota college athletics.

BISON Thunder
01-25-2016, 01:26 PM
For the U of MINN, it is not about winning or losing...it is about appearing to have everything in place just in case they may, at sometime win.

westnodak93bison
01-25-2016, 02:04 PM
For the U of MINN, it is not about winning or losing...it is about appearing to have everything in place just in case you may, at sometime win.
Lmao! Yep, look the part is all that matters. Style over substance in the fantasy land called Dinkytown.

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2016, 02:15 PM
Yet here we are talking about what they think in a game they're not playing in.

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Yet here we are talking about what they think in a game they're not playing in.

They have a thread dedicated to it at the top of their board.

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2016, 02:57 PM
They have a thread dedicated to it at the top of their board.
And? They're asking which of the 2 evils they want to win. The hated rival or the team with an insufferable fan base to win.

Yet here we are talking about the same repetitive shit especially with conferences and whos relevant where

Green1
01-25-2016, 03:18 PM
I think it is pretty revealing about the insecurity of both Minnesota's and Iowa's fan bases.

Iowa- Our game with them should not even be a blip on their radar. They were ranked #5 in the nation this year. Yet they seem to have a lot of worry about a game with an FCS team. Who would have thought that was possible 10 years ago.

Minnesota- NDSU fans are "insufferable" for believing that we can field a team that can hang with the Gophers! Then, we had the audacity to actually do it! For that transgression, they are actually arguing about who to root against next season. Some would rather see their conference rival win, rather than NDSU. :facepalm: That sort of hate is beyond logic and reason.

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2016, 03:30 PM
And? They're asking which of the 2 evils they want to win. The hated rival or the team with an insufferable fan base to win.

Yet here we are talking about the same repetitive shit especially with conferences and whos relevant where

Are we talking about NSIC teams?

bisonp
01-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Minnesota- NDSU fans are "insufferable" for believing that we can field a team that can hang with the Gophers! Then, we had the audacity to actually do it! For that transgression, they are actually arguing about who to root against next season. Some would rather see their conference rival win, rather than NDSU. :facepalm: That sort of hate is beyond logic and reason.

I can't hardly blame them, conference doormats don't have conference rivals.

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2016, 04:09 PM
I can't hardly blame them, conference doormats don't have conference rivals.
They have a trophy for every game

bisonp
01-25-2016, 04:37 PM
They have a trophy for every game

Not in Minnesota...

Well OK they do have 1 of the 5 from a game 3 years ago. A trophy with a rich history dating back 13 games which I'm willing to bet most Gopher fans can't name offhand.

TransAmBison
01-25-2016, 04:43 PM
Lol. Youre missing the concept entirely.. Listen to what you're saying, "Yo you're a bottom feeder so you can't speak about how great your conference is that you have to play week in week out. You have no leg to stand on because you're consistently in the bottom half after getting beat by some of the best teams in the country... Meanwhile here at NDSU, we play in a much more pud conference but since we finish at or near the top, you have to check yourself before you wreck yourself with who you're talking to!"

The fuck out of here with that senseless bullshit. And please don't tell me to cheer for a different team because I'm not saying something rah rah NDSU.There are valid points on both sides. A bottom feeder doesn't have much other than moral victories..."Yeah, we continually lose to great teams!" Big deal...losing is losing. Does this give Bison fans an excuse to brag up our conference or the FCS? Absolutely not. Beating them gives us the excuse. With that said, I'm continually becoming more and more embarrassed about the actions of Bison fans on other teams messageboards. Lakes has been one of the good ones.

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2016, 05:49 PM
lakes gets it, he always has.. NDSU beating UM was big...at the time. Now its been 5 years since the last NDSU win over UM, and all of the players are gone(except for Zach Vraa).

NDSU will never have it as good as UM, as a program. Its the facts of life. Theyll always have more money, bigger better facilities, play in a prestige conference for all sports except hockey.\

ZHerd
01-25-2016, 05:51 PM
lakes gets it, he always has.. NDSU beating UM was big...at the time. Now its been 5 years since the last NDSU win over UM, and all of the players are gone(except for Zach Vraa).

NDSU will never have it as good as UM, as a program. Its the facts of life. Theyll always have more money, bigger better facilities, play in a prestige conference for all sports except hockey.\

And take whichever local recruits they want. Only way I see NDSU beating them out for the occasional recruit is if we move G5

westnodak93bison
01-25-2016, 11:42 PM

Are you saying we can't become the next Boise State?

MNLonghorn10
01-26-2016, 12:29 AM
Are you saying we can't become the next Boise State?

Boise St is in a prestigious conference?

westnodak93bison
01-26-2016, 12:32 AM
Better than MVFC and they are a much better program than the golden rodents. If and when there is a real playoff they could be in the mix.

1998braves64
01-26-2016, 01:26 AM
Better than MVFC and they are a much better program than the golden rodents. If and when there is a real playoff they could be in the mix.

Which is why there never will be a real playoff on P5's watch.

MNLonghorn10
01-26-2016, 02:23 AM

Could. Id love NDSU to be a boise st program. i think its do able if they moved up, they definitely have the foundation to build a team from the inside out.

we'll see how Minny does with the new coach. Kill had them trending...they werent getting killed by 5 td's vs ranked teams like past teams. all with the 5th best college QB in the ND-MN-SD tri state.

NorthernBison
01-26-2016, 02:26 AM

If there is ever a real playoff at the FBS level, Boise will need to join a P5 conference or they will be left behind.

ByeSonBusiness
01-26-2016, 02:35 AM
Could. Id love NDSU to be a boise st program. i think its do able if they moved up, they definitely have the foundation to build a team from the inside out.

we'll see how Minny does with the new coach. Kill had them trending...they werent getting killed by 5 td's vs ranked teams like past teams. all with the 5th best college QB in the ND-MN-SD tri state.

It has been great to see them actually make even really good teams work. They still find a way to lose but at least they make the other team play 4 quarters now.

If there is ever a real playoff at the FBS level, Boise will need to join a P5 conference or they will be left behind.

Yeah I doubt anyone will take 'em. Aren't they academically pretty awful??

ptrBison
01-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Lmao! Yep, look the part is all that matters. Style over substance in the fantasy land called Dinkytown.

Reminds me of my ex-wife.

Answer Guy
01-26-2016, 09:21 PM
Reminds me of my ex-wife.

You probably don't want to hear what reminds me of your ex-wife.

Green1
01-26-2016, 10:26 PM

Your Mother? :D

ptrBison
01-26-2016, 10:44 PM

Oh, you know her too?

CyPanth
01-27-2016, 12:42 AM
All this Gopher-bashing and up-manship is fine . . . but can we please get back to talking about beating the Hokeyes?

CentennialBison
01-27-2016, 02:11 AM
How many starters graduate?

EC8CH
01-27-2016, 02:16 AM
All this Gopher-bashing and up-manship is fine . . . but can we please get back to talking about beating the Hokeyes?

But Gophers love it when Bison fans talk about them. Seriously, next to winning the jiffy lube bowl its what they look forward to most.

CyPanth
01-27-2016, 02:25 AM
But Gophers love it when Bison fans talk about them. Seriously, next to winning the jiffy lube bowl its what they look forward to most.

Let the Goffers get their own thread. I look forward to reading about you guys giving the business to the Hokeyes once they recognize that your forum is a lot more active and interesting than theirs.