StL Bison Fan
01-11-2016, 01:03 AM
we want Bama

GOBISON123
01-11-2016, 01:07 AM
Who are we getting?
Any guesses?
Intel?

Heck, I am worried that those Hawks might trying to buyout the game.

BAT67
01-11-2016, 01:12 AM
Heard on the radio we should find out more this week about an opponent

NDSUKurt
01-11-2016, 01:33 AM
I think it may be... Jacksonville State.

About 6 months ago Jacksonville State announced that they were looking for a game on opening weekend and were open to traveling for a guarantee.

Mississippi Valley State also announced the same about one month ago.

HerdBoy
01-11-2016, 01:46 AM
I thought it might be WYO or Georgia Southern but they have games already scheduled. Jacksonville State would make sense.

Vet70
01-11-2016, 01:53 AM
My prediction --- someone we will beat.

NDSUSR
01-11-2016, 01:55 AM

About 6 months ago Jacksonville State announced that they were looking for a game on opening weekend and were open to traveling for a guarantee.

JSU in the dome 9.3.16? I would pay for that ticket.

westnodak93bison
01-11-2016, 02:04 AM
JSU in the dome 9.3.16? I would pay for that ticket.
Eli Jeeenkins won't sleep until its over

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie
01-11-2016, 02:05 AM

That would be some serious SOS starting out the year...JSU, EWU, Iowa, and ISUr. No way MS Valley State is scheduled. Nothing but downside to that game.

Bison 4 Life
01-11-2016, 02:06 AM

No and no. I want someone from a real conference.

NDSUKurt
01-11-2016, 02:11 AM
No and no. I want someone from a real conference.

I agree but pickings are slim from what I saw...

Florida A&M may be open too (yuck)

Vet70
01-11-2016, 02:12 AM
JSU would mean nine months of Fast Eddie and his buddies. :facepalm:

Bison 4 Life
01-11-2016, 02:14 AM
I agree but pickings are slim from what I saw...

Florida A&M may be open too (yuck)

I said when we first got the yellow jerseys that we looked like a MEAC team, lets blind everybody with that game!

WFBisonFan
01-11-2016, 02:14 AM
JSU would mean nine months of Fast Eddie and his buddies. :facepalm:

I would LOVE to hear what they'd do to us in our own house. Turf field must mean they would roll up another 400 on the ground, maybe? (purple)

NDSUKurt
01-11-2016, 02:27 AM
I said when we first got the yellow jerseys that we looked like a MEAC team, lets blind everybody with that game!

Florida A&M does have a well known band

ndsubison1
01-11-2016, 05:11 AM
Hampton has an open date.

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 05:14 AM
With EW and Iowa on deck I kinda hope it's a cupcake. If it's not then might as well go full throttle and play a second FBS game

thundarsdaddy
01-11-2016, 08:25 AM

This would be awesome. Yet another tough(hopefully) game on next years schedule. Plus the JSU fans that whined about NDSU having a home game in Frisco, will actually SEE an NDSU home game!

2011BisonAlumni
01-11-2016, 12:34 PM
I thought it might be WYO or Georgia Southern but they have games already scheduled. Jacksonville State would make sense.

I can not ever remember an FBS team traveling to an FCS team.

2011BisonAlumni
01-11-2016, 12:35 PM
With EW and Iowa on deck I kinda hope it's a cupcake. If it's not then might as well go full throttle and play a second FBS game

Agree. No point in doing what Northern Iowa does to themselves every year. Missouri Valley is enough of a grind.

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Agree. No point in doing what Northern Iowa does to themselves every year. Missouri Valley is enough of a grind.

Yep. JSU?? A revenge game right out of the gates? Let them simmer down a little and, as you mentioned, get something easier than an MVC game

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2016, 12:39 PM
I would be surprised if it is JSU.

Bring in a cupcake....oh wait, EWU will be a cupcake!!

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 12:44 PM
I would be surprised if it is JSU.

Bring in a cupcake....oh wait, EWU will be a cupcake!!

EW ended this year as nothing special. Gotta give it to them though that for a team with a bush league field and high school stadium they put together offenses that are elite in a D1 dropping 50 and 40+ on P-12 teams. If they ever realized there is a second side of the ball called defense they would be dangerous. It will probably be a harder game than Weber St. and UN_were.

NovaBison
01-11-2016, 12:46 PM
JSU would be an interesting game, and would not be surprised if it happens. But, I think they might want one of the OOC games to be a little less challenging to build depth before entering into conference play. I am thinking regular season Bison are not the same as playoff mode Bison.

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2016, 12:50 PM
EW ended this year as nothing special. Gotta give it to them though that for a team with a bush league field and high school stadium they put together offenses that are elite in a D1 dropping 50 and 40+ on P-12 teams. If they ever realized there is a second side of the ball called defense they would be dangerous. It will probably be a harder game than Weber St. and UN_were.

EWU has a shit defense and IMO the Bison will run right thru it. Not much harder compared to Weber or Chicken Hawks.

ZHerd
01-11-2016, 12:56 PM
EWU has a shit defense and IMO the Bison will run right thru it. Not much harder compared to Weber or Chicken Hawks.

Maybe. Depends if their offense is still struggling or back to normal. I'm interested to see how our defense handles Kupp

Bison Dan
01-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Maybe. Depends if their offense is still struggling or back to normal. I'm interested to see how our defense handles KuppThey handle him by giving the QB happy feet. Just like we do all the great WR's we face.

Vet70
01-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Jacksonville State at NDSU on 9/3 and LSU on 9/10? Okay then.

Kujava23
01-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Fbs school at the dome is my guess

That would be pretty cool....say an App St. or Georgia Southern

2011BisonAlumni
01-11-2016, 01:47 PM
The playoff committee has early put next to no thought as to who you played during the year. Sam Houston and Jacksonville State both received high seeds and didn't plsy anyone.

FloridaTazz
01-11-2016, 04:14 PM
I would like to see a neutral site FCS kickoff game scheduled for 8/27 in Florida. Beyond my own selfish reasons for that it would be really good for recruiting. Getting a game in the sunshine state to start the year would give the coaches a free trip down here, as they are trying to slowly break into some of the regions here already and it would continue to make the school a national brand.

coloradobison
01-11-2016, 04:21 PM
I would like to see a neutral site FCS kickoff game scheduled for 8/27 in Florida. Beyond my own selfish reasons for that it would be really good for recruiting. Getting a game in the sunshine state to start the year would give the coaches a free trip down here, as they are trying to slowly break into some of the regions here already and it would continue to make the school a national brand.

No one wants to give up a home game.

SC_TX
01-11-2016, 04:23 PM
That would be pretty cool....say an App St. or Georgia Southern

An FBS team has never traveled to an FCS team. And never will. We have to move up to get games like that

gumby013
01-11-2016, 04:28 PM
An FBS team has never traveled to an FCS team. And never will. We have to move up to get games like that

Army @ Yale

http://espn.go.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400548459

bisonpride4ever
01-11-2016, 04:32 PM
What Gumby said...

2011BisonAlumni
01-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Who do the F'ing Hawks play on that day? I wouldn't mind a conference warm up game against them and also provide them a playoff eliminating loss again.

K Train
01-11-2016, 04:41 PM
I would like to go back to old scheduling and have a easier first game. That way it gives some of the new starters a game to get some seasoning. That way we don't have a Montana like game happen early. IMO

THEsocalledfan
01-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Who do the F'ing Hawks play on that day? I wouldn't mind a conference warm up game against them and also provide them a playoff eliminating loss again.

Scared me a minute, but they are booked at Matt Larson's old stomping grounds.

ndsubison1
01-11-2016, 05:39 PM
JSU would be an interesting game, and would not be surprised if it happens. But, I think they might want one of the OOC games to be a little less challenging to build depth before entering into conference play. I am thinking regular season Bison are not the same as playoff mode Bison.

They already play LSU and might play Chatty?

bisonmike2
01-11-2016, 05:40 PM
They already play LSU and might play Chatty?

God help us if they play a good game against LSU. We'll never hear the end of it.

Vet70
01-11-2016, 05:42 PM
God help us if they play a good game against LSU. We'll never hear the end of it.

Then if they come here to play they can have two moral victories.

devin45k
01-11-2016, 06:04 PM
I would like to go back to old scheduling and have a easier first game. That way it gives some of the new starters a game to get some seasoning. That way we don't have a Montana like game happen early. IMO

I actually don't mind that to be honest. Get one out of the way for morale. Also would always like to have a win on the banner raising ceremony.

EC8CH
01-11-2016, 06:37 PM

No doubt. Got into a conversation with a JSU fan and mentioned next year we have Iowa on our schedule. They immediately one upped that with the face they have LSU on their's, which is way better, because you know... SEC.

Bison 4 Life
01-11-2016, 06:46 PM
No doubt. Got into a conversation with a JSU fan and mentioned next year we have Iowa on our schedule. They immediately one upped that with the face they have LSU on their's, which is way better, because you know... SEC.

Can the fact that the SEC transfers looked like MIAA transfers on Saturday finally put this bullshit to rest?

Vet70
01-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Can the fact that the SEC transfers looked like MIAA transfers on Saturday finally put this bullshit to rest?

No---you need to understand we didn't do anything ----they just had an off day and didn't "show up"---

Professor Chaos
01-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Agreed. With Iowa and EWU scheduled out of conference already and everyone in the MVFC except a SIU team that'll probably be near the bottom of the league there's no need to worry about schedule strength. Get a cupcake that will allow some depth to develop. Chances are it won't be the first game anyway if ESPN really wants NDSU in the FCS Kickoff game since the EWU matchup would be plenty attractive for that.

I almost wonder if there's some correlation between that potential ESPN FCS Kickoff game and Lee Fitting's tweet this last weekend about College Gameday coming back next year. I thought it would've made a ton of sense to have them in Missoula last August to do a preseason show (preseason for the FBS that is) while highlighting the kickoff game. I heard the main reason it didn't happen is because all the on-air talent didn't have that weekend in their contracts. Perhaps that'll be changing this upcoming year? It would be pretty sweet to have Fowler back as well if him and Herbie would end up calling the ESPN Kickoff game in the Fargodome.

bisonmike2
01-11-2016, 07:02 PM
No---you need to understand we didn't do anything ----they just had an off day and didn't "show up"---

Just like every other team we beat the past 5 years. They didn't get beat, they just had a bad day. I'm starting to believe that our secret weapon isn't Kramer but is instead a vodoo doll or witch doctor.

Bisonator98
01-11-2016, 07:11 PM
JSU would be a perfect cupcake to open the season.:biggrin:

CAS4127
01-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Just like every other team we beat the past 5 years. They didn't get beat, they just had a bad day. I'm starting to believe that our secret weapon isn't Kramer but is instead a vodoo doll or witch doctor.

Well, in fairness to ISUr, it's not that they had a bad day, they just ran out of time. Weird how that happened to them given that the game ended when the last second of regulation game time ticked off the clock. Still scratching my head on that one.

jsualumnus
01-11-2016, 07:16 PM

Wentz blew us up, not your run game. The SEC transfers you refer to are on the DLine... One actually suffered a stroke and did not make the trip... #86 Kameron Wood #86, R-JR from Ole Miss. That is why Landrum, who normally wears #90, wore #86...

Also...As a Falcons fan, we hope the Falcons draft Wentz as rumored to be a possibility.

Bison 4 Life
01-11-2016, 07:23 PM
JSU would be a perfect cupcake to open the season.:biggrin:

I actually think this is true. Much like EIU, it's about time they realize the best team in the OVC is like being the tallest midget.

jsualumnus
01-11-2016, 07:24 PM
I actually think this is true. Much like EIU, it's about time they realize the best team in the OVC is like being the tallest midget.

Hilarious...

CAS4127
01-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Wentz blew us up, not your run game. The SEC transfers you refer to are on the DLine... One actually suffered a stroke and did not make the trip... #86 Kameron Wood #86, R-JR from Ole Miss. That is why Landrum, who normally wears #90, wore #86...

Also...As a Falcons fan, we hope the Falcons draft Wentz as rumored to be a possibility.

But that was earlier in the season IIRC, not during the playoffs. That said, JSU did make some good adjustments and slowed our RB running game down, but not Wentz. Stick would have ran on you guys too.

Vet70
01-11-2016, 07:28 PM

What---you mean that you haven't been to the pre-game tailgating ceremonies?
http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M6c792e559346cc7ab9783bb76ee69d5co0&w=300&h=300&p=0&pid=1.7

gumby013
01-11-2016, 07:28 PM
I'd like to see JSU deal with the Dome noise.

Bison 4 Life
01-11-2016, 07:31 PM
I still have yet to hear an explanation of why they couldn't even get on the field on time or as a team.

gumby013
01-11-2016, 07:34 PM
I still have yet to hear an explanation of why they couldn't even get on the field on time or as a team.

They had tunnel areas in prior years where the teams could congregate before running out. You need to take a stairway to the locker rooms and that limits how many people can come out at once.

Vet70
01-11-2016, 07:35 PM

They say that they normally come out as a team, but something must have delayed some of them. Must have been the offense---they were slow all day.

Mr. Burgundy
01-11-2016, 07:36 PM

THey wouldn't be able to run a play. THeir coach was in over his head in Frisco and it showed. THey would do the old..."we are pumping music into our basketball facilty...it is really loud in there" routine, and it would be embarrassing. JSU was overwhelmed on Saturday, and it started with their staff.

Bison 4 Life
01-11-2016, 07:38 PM
They had tunnel areas in prior years where the teams could congregate before running out. You need to take a stairway to the locker rooms and that limits how many people can come out at once.

it didn't take the Bison 5 minutes to come out. There was something really wrong with them.

THEsocalledfan
01-11-2016, 07:49 PM
I must say, I think it is completely hilarious when their coach keeps saying things like "We just did not play well." He's been quoted with that line in numerous articles, like if the "played better," they would have won. Hmmmm, guess NDSU had nothing to do with that coach? It is like they still can wrap their mind around that the 2015 Bison, at the end of the season, would have beaten the 2015 Auburn Tigers. I know I said on this board many times that they should be very worried that they LOST to Auburn, because I thought we were better. Well, I think that showed.

ByeSonBusiness
01-11-2016, 07:56 PM
THey wouldn't be able to run a play. THeir coach was in over his head in Frisco and it showed. THey would do the old..."we are pumping music into our basketball facilty...it is really loud in there" routine, and it would be embarrassing. JSU was overwhelmed on Saturday, and it started with their staff.

Yeah right off the bat the coach looked scared. Fourth and inches, gets cold feet, etc. It was just one game but I got the vibe early on he was coaching scared.

I must say, I think it is completely hilarious when their coach keeps saying things like "We just did not play well." He's been quoted with that line in numerous articles, like if the "played better," they would have won. Hmmmm, guess NDSU had nothing to do with that coach? It is like they still can wrap their mind around that the 2015 Bison, at the end of the season, would have beaten the 2015 Auburn Tigers. I know I said on this board many times that they should be very worried that they LOST to Auburn, because I thought we were better. Well, I think that showed.

Idk about beating Auburn. Maybe though

THEsocalledfan
01-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Idk about beating Auburn. Maybe though

Final Sagarin will be interesting to see how we finish. I think the JSU win should bounce us up a bit. Auburn right now would be about a touchdown favorite by Sagarin, but NDSU is a bit low on Sagarin this year due to the early loses.

BISONBRI53
01-11-2016, 08:29 PM

Said this on the post game thread... Heard that there was a little dust up between teams in those tunnels or in that area. Could be why the delay? If we are talking the beginning of the game that is.

jsualumnus
01-11-2016, 09:52 PM

I appreciate your comment on the dome noise, but we dealt with much worse than what was in Frisco and what would be at your dome when we went to Auburn. That was 90k fans that created a loud buzz much louder than anything I've heard before, except what I experienced in Seattle and maybe Tuscaloosa. Don't take this as me being a "cock", but your dome is appreciated... With the atmosphere in Frisco, I can only bet it's worse in Fargo.

tjbison
01-11-2016, 09:57 PM
I appreciate your comment on the dome noise, but we dealt with much worse than what was in Frisco and what would be at your dome when we went to Auburn. That was 90k fans that created a loud buzz much louder than anything I've heard before, except what I experienced in Seattle and maybe Tuscaloosa. Don't take this as me being a "cock", but your dome is appreciated... With the atmosphere in Frisco, I can only bet it's worse in Fargo.

LOL...still not giving in.

those 2 teams didnt even belong on the same field Saturday......question for you which team had the true ALL American QB???

There were some total douche JSU fans in the bar one night, not saying it reflects all fans but you dont come in a bar FULL of NDSU fans with Bouncers and Waitresses dressed in NDSU gear and tell as many people as possible FUCK THE BISON over and over. General smack is fine but these douchebags were in peoples faces

worst fanbase I have ever encountered

HerdThat!
01-11-2016, 09:57 PM
Wisconsin-Whitewater Warhawks...:hide:

Vet70
01-11-2016, 10:30 PM
I appreciate your comment on the dome noise, but we dealt with much worse than what was in Frisco and what would be at your dome when we went tdo Auburn. That was 90k fans that created a loud buzz much louder than anything I've heard before, except what I experienced in Seattle and maybe Tuscaloosa. Don't take this as me being a "cock", but your dome is appreciated... With the atmosphere in Frisco, I can only bet it's worse in Fargo.

If I had a dollar for every time I have heard this I wouldn't bother trying to play the lottery.

jsualumnus
01-11-2016, 10:35 PM
LOL...still not giving in.

those 2 teams didnt even belong on the same field Saturday......question for you which team had the true ALL American QB???

There were some total douche JSU fans in the bar one night, not saying it reflects all fans but you dont come in a bar FULL of NDSU fans with Bouncers and Waitresses dressed in NDSU gear and tell as many people as possible FUCK THE BISON over and over. General smack is fine but these douchebags were in peoples faces

worst fanbase I have ever encountered

Maybe you didn't get where I was actually complimenting your dome??? So, if I say that a few NDSU fans in the restroom told me and my son that we were stupid mother f****rs for being JSU fans then I should say they are the worst fan base ever??? Or how about the NDSU fan that threw my kid's JSU blanket in the trash can at the hotel because we left it in the breakfast area? The hotel manager told me what happened, but would I claim you guys are the worst fan base ever? Sure!!!! So much so that I would come back to the same hotel and share all my beer with 5-6 NDSU fans later that night...

Did you try to engage these idiots? I would have... Nothing is too hard to discuss over a few beers!

Bison 4 Life
01-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Maybe you didn't get where I was actually complimenting your dome??? So, if I say that a few NDSU fans in the restroom told me and my son that we were stupid mother f****rs for being JSU fans then I should say they are the worst fan base ever??? Or how about the NDSU fan that threw my kid's JSU blanket in the trash can at the hotel because we left it in the breakfast area? The hotel manager told me what happened, but would I claim you guys are the worst fan base ever? Sure!!!! So much so that I would come back to the same hotel and share all my beer with 5-6 NDSU fans later that night...

Did you try to engage these idiots? I would have... Nothing is too hard to discuss over a few beers!

Jeff Monken thought the Fargodome was louder than Bryant-Denny stadium. Since you have only been at one and not the other, you can't actually compare Jordan-Hare to the Fargodome. I suspect you would have a similar experience.

gumby013
01-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Having been to games at Bryant-Denny, Jordan-Hare, and the Fargodome; I can assure you the dome is louder. The open air plus the stands being relative far away from the field doesn't help the volume at most SEC stadiums.

MrSnuffleupagus
01-12-2016, 12:00 AM
We want Auburn.

Bison Bridge Guy
01-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Having been to games at Bryant-Denny, Jordan-Hare, and the Fargodome; I can assure you the dome is louder. The open air plus the stands being relative far away from the field doesn't help the volume at most SEC stadiums.

I think these guys that talk about being in the big stadiums don't understand this: In open air stadiums the noise goes...into the air. Whereas in a dome it reflects back onto the field. This is clear even at Frisco. It sounds much louder on the concourse than it does in the seats.

SoCalBison
01-12-2016, 12:31 AM

I got your compliment, and appreciate it. Sorry about your kid's blanket--hate that crap. Best of luck for next year!

NDSUSR
01-12-2016, 12:55 AM
Didnt it strike anyone as odd when Leeeeroy Jenkins said he had never seen a offense use the clock to bleed off time?

Did they prep for NDSU at all? Its one of the primary things the team does.

NDSUSR
01-12-2016, 01:00 AM

Maybe competitive quilting is more your style. Football fans can be pricks. Is that a newsflash for you?
All the shit JSU talked online turned a lot of people off. You get what you give.

I have seen some whiney bitches but damn, oline JSU fans are total puds.

I suggest you watch this educational video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6pZQX22CQ

westnodak93bison
01-12-2016, 01:01 AM
Didnt it strike anyone as odd when Leeeeroy Jenkins said he had never seen a offense use the clock to bleed off time?

Did they prep for NDSU at all? Its one of the primary things the team does.
They prepared too much

NDSUSR
01-12-2016, 01:02 AM
They prepared too much

Ahh yes. I forgot.

bisonpride4ever
01-12-2016, 01:16 AM
NDSU didn't do anything to beat Western or Misery St either. It was a combo platter of they prepared too much and they ran out of time.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

jsualumnus
01-12-2016, 01:50 AM
I got your compliment, and appreciate it. Sorry about your kid's blanket--hate that crap. Best of luck for next year!

Thanks, you too!!!

Christopher Moen
01-12-2016, 04:30 AM
They prepared too much

For a faceless opponent who, ironically, happens to be the face of the FCS.

imabison
02-15-2016, 04:02 AM
Reported on WDAY that Matt Larsen has several promising leads and there could be an announcement early next week

JSUBison
02-15-2016, 04:20 AM
Reported on WDAY that Matt Larsen has several promising leads and there could be an announcement early next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9CynvMlFyo

56BISON73
02-15-2016, 04:23 AM
They prepared too much

That was my favorite!

MAKBison
02-15-2016, 06:04 AM
Maybe competitive quilting is more your style. Football fans can be pricks. Is that a newsflash for you?
All the shit JSU talked online turned a lot of people off. You get what you give.

I have seen some whiney bitches but damn, oline JSU fans are total puds.

I suggest you watch this educational video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6pZQX22CQ

That is my new favorite video

NDSU1980
02-15-2016, 01:34 PM
Jeremy Jorgenson said that back on Jan 9. I hope it works out this time.

NoDak
02-15-2016, 06:56 PM

I was talking to a JSU fan after the game and he was asking how many transfers NDSU had and where they were from. I told him NDSU doesn't get many transfers (Frazier was the only one I could think of at the time). He seemed mystified. Then I explained that NDSU is a marquee program up here. If recruited by a "local" FBS school it would be Minnesota or Iowa or something like that, not exactly a marquee place. In that case, winning national championships with NDSU sounds pretty good. In Alabama the same recruit might get an opportunity to "walk-on" at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, etc. Many would take their chances and, if things don't work out, can transfer to FCS school, like JSU. In short, they are probably the same athletes, NDSU just gets them as Freshman, JSU gets them as transfers. Given my choice, I like getting them as freshmen. Then they learn to play together for several years instead of assembling guys for 1-2 years like with transfers.

NoDak
02-15-2016, 06:57 PM
This would be awesome. Yet another tough(hopefully) game on next years schedule. Plus the JSU fans that whined about NDSU having a home game in Frisco, will actually SEE an NDSU home game!

I think you mean HEAR an NDSU home game.

StL Bison Fan
02-15-2016, 06:57 PM
I was talking to a JSU fan after the game and he was asking how many transfers NDSU had and where they were from. I told him NDSU doesn't get many transfers (Frazier was the only one I could think of at the time). He seemed mystified. Then I explained that NDSU is a marquee program up here. If recruited by a "local" FBS school it would be Minnesota or Iowa or something like that, not exactly a marquee place. In that case, winning national championships with NDSU sounds pretty good. In Alabama the same recruit might get an opportunity to "walk-on" at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, etc. Many would take their chances and, if things don't work out, can transfer to FCS school, like JSU. In short, they are probably the same athletes, NDSU just gets them as Freshman, JSU gets them as transfers. Given my choice, I like getting them as freshmen. Then they learn to play together for several years instead of assembling guys for 1-2 years like with transfers.

Did he understand?

NoDak
02-15-2016, 07:03 PM

I saw a quote of his that he said something like, "Well, we didn't give them much of a game."

THEsocalledfan
02-15-2016, 07:05 PM

In fairness, we lost Lloyd to Wisconsin and Wilson to Michigan for walk on offers, but have landed many others.

NoDak
02-15-2016, 07:12 PM
In fairness, we lost Lloyd to Wisconsin and Wilson to Michigan for walk on offers, but have landed many others.

You are correct, and I didn't mean to imply that we get EVERY guy. But simply that NDSU doesn't count on transfers where JSU basically does.

NoDak
02-15-2016, 07:13 PM
Did he understand?

Yes, he understood. He said that he just kind of assumed all FCS schools do the same thing. It apparently never occurred to him that an FCS school could recruit really good high school kids

VirginiaBison
02-15-2016, 09:31 PM
There were more than a few discussions between JSU and NDSU on the JSU forum about transfers vs recruits... bottom line, they just don't get it or understand.... probably because they have never built a team from the bottom up and always depend on FBS rejects to pad their team. NDSU recruits geographical areas, JSU recruits FBS rejects.....

unbison
02-15-2016, 09:39 PM
Did we beat the shit out of jsu? Cause this carrying on about how their coach snubbed us their fans don't get ... Doesn't make sense... We won who cares

tjbison
02-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Did we beat the shit out of jsu? Cause this carrying on about how their coach snubbed us their fans don't get ... Doesn't make sense... We won who cares

And I still haven't figured out what it has to do with 9/3/16

ByeSonBusiness
02-15-2016, 09:53 PM
There were more than a few discussions between JSU and NDSU on the JSU forum about transfers vs recruits... bottom line, they just don't get it or understand.... probably because they have never built a team from the bottom up and always depend on FBS rejects to pad their team. NDSU recruits geographical areas, JSU recruits FBS rejects.....

I think it might be a little different recruiting game down there. Wouldn't rip on them for it.

VirginiaBison
02-16-2016, 12:07 AM
I think it might be a little different recruiting game down there. Wouldn't rip on them for it. Oh I agree... different strategies on team building ... JSU seems to think they are always being compared to Alabama ... I don't think the Bizon have the same problem with being compared local to the Goofers.

NoDak
02-16-2016, 01:11 AM
Oh I agree... different strategies on team building ... JSU seems to think they are always being compared to Alabama ... I don't think the Bizon have the same problem with being compared local to the Goofers.

And that is critical. It is not that the "transfer strategy" is necessarily bad. Players that are borderline are more likely to choose NDSU over, let's say, Minnesota. If you are a high school stand out and are offered an opportunity to play for Alabama or Auburn or LSU or Florida, etc. who WOULDN'T do that? If that same player played in Minnesota NDSU would get serious consideration, I believe.

I think the fallacy that JSU falls into is to think that ANY player with FBS on their resume, especially SEC, is inherently superior to anyone that would be recruited by an FCS school. That is because their experience has likely been that players that go to the FCS and not the FBS are largely inferior players. It is likely that, in that part of the country, any player that doesn't even try to go to the FBS school is probably pretty bad. That isn't the case but, in large part, because there are not great FBS programs in this part of the country, at least nothing that is going to compare to what they can find in the SEC.

56BISON73
02-16-2016, 03:49 AM

Its just a different business model based on location and who is your recruiting competition. They do what they do because thats what they have to to be successful. They cant get kids to come there right out of HS because they want to follow the dream. They get lost in the shuffle so the leave for playing time. Some schools rely on a host of jucos every 2 years. Our location and competition is totally different.

NoDak
02-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Its just a different business model based on location and who is your recruiting competition. They do what they do because thats what they have to to be successful. They cant get kids to come there right out of HS because they want to follow the dream. They get lost in the shuffle so the leave for playing time. Some schools rely on a host of jucos every 2 years. Our location and competition is totally different.

That is exactly what I was trying to say, but you did it far more succinctly.

El_Chapo
02-16-2016, 01:15 PM
And that is critical. It is not that the "transfer strategy" is necessarily bad. Players that are borderline are more likely to choose NDSU over, let's say, Minnesota. If you are a high school stand out and are offered an opportunity to play for Alabama or Auburn or LSU or Florida, etc. who WOULDN'T do that? haIf tt same player played in Minnesota NDSU would get serious consideration, I believe.

I think the fallacy that JSU falls into is to think that ANY player with FBS on their resume, especially SEC, is inherently superior to anyone that would be recruited by an FCS school. That is because their experience has likely been that players that go to the FCS and not the FBS are largely inferior players. It is likely that, in that part of the country, any player that doesn't even try to go to the FBS school is probably pretty bad. That isn't the case but, in large part, because there are not great FBS programs in this part of the country, at least nothing that is going to compare to what they can find in the SEC.

if you get a minnesota offer you take it over NDSU every time, a PWO to Gophers hits at about a 80% rate. Face Facts, as long as NDSU stays fcs the "image" will always hurt us.

VirginiaBison
02-17-2016, 09:18 PM
How does one go about "recruiting" FBS transfers? Do the kids contact JSU or does JSU call kids that are cut by FBS teams and make them an offer? Just wondering....

westnodak93bison
02-19-2016, 12:38 AM
I thought there was gonna be an announcement?

StL Bison Fan
02-19-2016, 12:39 AM

You will get a text :)

tjbison
02-19-2016, 12:41 AM

still another day...or week.....or month....or...shit