PDA

View Full Version : Idea, how about having the fcs game follow the BCS game every year?

civilguy
01-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Either put it in the same stadium three days before or another local stadium nearby. Love Frisco but it is getting a bit stale. The possibility of first watching FCS then staying around for the BCS would really give the FCS better media coverage. Not too mention way more seats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civilguy
01-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Never said it was!

SC_TX
01-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Nice idea. Only issue is, might not look that good to have a half full stadium for the FCS game. Would be very difficult to fill up 65,000 seats in Glendale this year for example

Bison bison
01-10-2016, 07:48 PM
If ESPN thought it would be profitable to promote fcs they would.

They don't, so they don't.

The fcs has the best gig (generic airtime) they are going to get.

marenlee
01-11-2016, 11:58 AM
I just hate the FCS game is on the Deuce. Wish it were on the Mothership. If they can bump a basketball game from ESPN for a quarterfinal FCS game, why can't they do it for the Championship? Must be contractual obligation? Without looking at numbers, I would think that the FCS championship could get better numbers than a conference BB game.

WYOBISONMAN
01-11-2016, 12:19 PM
FCS just doesn't seem to get much national interest. Sunday's LATimes had a 2 sentence blurb in the Etc. Section of the sports page. That is all the ink for winning 5 consecutive chippers. Thank heavens there are guys like Lee Fitting that have done a lot to keep the visibility of FCS football as high as it is. If the game were in Glendale it would be completely lost in the shadow of FBS. In Frisco the FCS game is the big event.

tony
01-11-2016, 01:04 PM
Nice idea. Only issue is, might not look that good to have a half full stadium for the FCS game. Would be very difficult to fill up 65,000 seats in Glendale this year for example

Doesn't seem to bother them on 90% of their bowl games.

civilguy
01-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Would make it easier for the scouts!

CyPanth
01-13-2016, 04:52 PM
It did seem that ESPN gave more attention to the FCS game last year because it was in the same town as the FBS national championship.