PDA

View Full Version : Coach K maybe let the cat out the bag and KFAN....Sounds like Carson is going to play

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2016, 02:29 PM
I can't remember the exact words, but he sure made it sound like he will play.

(Mods, if you can fix my booboo on the thread title, much appreciated.)

northendzone
01-07-2016, 02:30 PM
I like depth - depth is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SafeTeeJ
01-07-2016, 02:35 PM
Linky to Pod?

BisonKO
01-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Sounded like if Carson can go, he'll start. He did say Easton had the majority of the reps so far.

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2016, 02:40 PM
I like depth - depth is good

PA asked him straight up if he is playing. I think he said something like "we hope so, and he only has to pass one more test." I'll need to get podcast for exact wording. It was the way he said it.....

wagsabison
01-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Was he on PA? The Powetrip showed some respect to NDSU on Wednesday morning.

BisonKO
01-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Yep - he was on PA. It was a pretty long interview, too.

SafeTeeJ
01-07-2016, 02:49 PM
IF so. Great for Carson! Can't imagine what he's been through waiting to heal up for a chance for one more shot his senior year.

Now if Coach P can call plays as if Easton was in, we should be good. RUN POWER BABY!

GreenfieldBison
01-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Heard it too. My take is Carson is in the game. It was a nice long interview.

wagsabison
01-07-2016, 03:03 PM
I think he's going to play a majority of the snaps with Easton maybe sprinkled in here or there. Maybe have a few plays where they are both on the field at the same time. Hopefully they can figure out a way to have some plays to utilize Easton's running ability.

The_Herd
01-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Coach was also on Reusse's show yesterday - Jan 6th Hour 1, starts at 27:55 : http://www.1500espn.com/the-ride-with-reusse-ondemand/

TateMosersneighbor
01-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Big deal at this point. JSU game planned for it anyway. We can win this fucking thing with any of the 3 QBs in there. Time to put the chin straps on and run the ball.

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Big deal at this point. JSU game planned for it anyway. We can win this fucking thing with any of the 3 QBs in there. Time to put the chin straps on and run the ball.

It is a big deal, however. We need to remember if we somehow find ourselves down, even with a good power run game plan, Carson gives us the better opportunity to pull the game out. Easton may get there, but he just can't throw the ball like Carson, yet.

BisonFan02
01-07-2016, 03:41 PM
It is a big deal, however. We need to remember if we somehow find ourselves down, even with a good power run game plan, Carson gives us the better opportunity to pull the game out. Easton may get there, but he just can't throw the ball like Carson, yet.

If the game plan/winning formula the Bison have used with Stick at the helm changes with the addition of Wentz, I will absolutely lose it. Ball control....stay ahead of the sticks....LSDs....grind JSU into the ground.

DCinOK
01-07-2016, 03:42 PM
I think that I'm just going to have to skip some of the tailgating fun on Saturday and get in the stadium when they open the gates just so I can watch all the warmups and try to figure out how the QB situation looks. The suspense and all...

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2016, 03:43 PM
If the game plan/winning formula the Bison have used with Stick at the helm changes with the addition of Wentz, I will absolutely lose it. Ball control....stay ahead of the sticks....LSDs....grind JSU into the ground.

Agreed 100%.......

AjaxTheMighty
01-07-2016, 03:45 PM

Exactly. Carson can turn and hand the ball off just a well as anyone. Oh and he was a pretty good runner in his own right. I'll take a first round draft NFL talent with championship game experience at this point over Easton.

bisonaudit
01-07-2016, 03:48 PM

I'm not that worried about it. It seems like as the playoffs progressed last season there were more and more designed QB runs with Wentz anyway. I was expecting the same if he'd have been healthy.

2011BisonAlumni
01-07-2016, 03:53 PM

Pretty crazy how after 2 years we still have to worry about Polasek. I think after the USD game, Klieman sat Polasek down and decided they needed to change the culture of the offense back to what got NDSU 4 rings.

I don't want to see a single trick play inside the 40. Not one. I also want to see Bruce ANDERSON get the fucking ball.

thundarsdaddy
01-07-2016, 04:12 PM

Bingo!!!!!

CAS4127
01-07-2016, 04:14 PM
I think he's going to play a majority of the snaps with Easton maybe sprinkled in here or there. Maybe have a few plays where they are both on the field at the same time. Hopefully they can figure out a way to have some plays to utilize Easton's running ability.

The last thing I want to see us do is run a bunch of plays we have never run in a game before. We tried that against UNI and it almost lost us the game.

wagsabison
01-07-2016, 04:16 PM
The last thing I want to see us do is run a bunch of plays we have never run in a game before. We tried that against UNI and it almost lost us the game.

If they do something, I would hope it's nothing too cute. Have Carson or Stick be a decoy more than anything if they happen to be on the field at the same time.

LongLostAlum
01-07-2016, 04:21 PM
The consensus here is that we need to play the same way with Carson as we do with Stick, and that Polasek needs to use the Stick game plan with Carson. That's like almost admitting that playing Stick is the safer bet. Or can we really expect Polasek AND Carson to play power run like we have with Stick?

I'm OK with whatever Coach K goes with, just expressing my instincts, which have been with Stick ever since he took his first snap.

BISON Thunder
01-07-2016, 04:24 PM
The only difference I hope to see is QB1 running through a DB rather than QB2 running around a DB.

Herd
01-07-2016, 05:25 PM
The only difference I hope to see is QB1 running through a DB rather than QB2 running around a DB.

Let's hope we're not as predictable as Richmond.

If 5 was in, the QB was not going to run. It might be a pass or a handoff, but the QB wasn't running.

When 15 was in, he wasn't going to throw it or hand it off, he was keeping it.

Let's not be tipping off the D based on who's in the game.

StL Bison Fan
01-07-2016, 05:42 PM
So mcfeely tweets that fcs says Carson is sick and not avail to the media or events
Then he tweets that Carson will be available on friday

Bison4x
01-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Let's hope we're not as predictable as Richmond.

If 5 was in, the QB was not going to run. It might be a pass or a handoff, but the QB wasn't running.

When 15 was in, he wasn't going to throw it or hand it off, he was keeping it.

Let's not be tipping off the D based on who's in the game.

So mcfeely tweets that fcs says Carson is sick and not avail me to the media or events
Then he tweets that Carson will be available on friday

The same for when we are on offense - if Moody is in a single WR set, we run it every damn time.

McFooly is a tool. He's just trying to stir the pot like he always does. I wish he would have missed the flight to Frisco.

Vet70
01-07-2016, 06:30 PM
The same for when we are on offense - if Moody is in a single WR set, we run it every damn time.

McFooly is a tool. He's just trying to stir the pot like he always does. I wish he would have missed the flight to Frisco.

When we get on a roll knowing we are going to run and stopping us from running are two different things.

NorthernBison
01-07-2016, 07:05 PM

So, when you see Moody in the set, have you watched how the defender plays him? I guaranty you that coaches in our box are watching and there is an alternative in the playbook to take advantage of it. We don't just make adjustments at the half. We make them between and even within series. For every formation and personnel set, there are plenty of wrinkles that come into play. Some plays require reads. Others are run as called. For example, the way a team is adjusting to the jet sweep action is watched closely for ways to exploit it.

56BISON73
01-07-2016, 07:14 PM

Why would stick get the majority of reps if Carson is going to start? You would think Carson needs the reps.

Bisonator98
01-07-2016, 07:18 PM
I don't know why everyone seems to think we changed the game plan drastically. People have this notion we were not trying to run the ball earlier yet it was still a 60-40 run pass offense. The simple fact is our run game wasn't getting it done earlier in the year. It had nothing to do with the play calling or who was QB. After the USD game there was clearly a "look in the mirror and get after it" moment. The oline started playing better, the RB's started running harder, the WR's started blocking better. The biggest improvement over the PO run has been the defense. They have been absolutely dominate and I hope that continues on Saturday! Sure some of the passing game shrunk quite a bit. That has shown to be a bit of a weakness in the last couple few games though IMO. 3 of 13 on third down conversions isn't very good. Yeah it didn't hurt us since our ST's have been producing TD's too but if our offense can't sustain drives we could be in trouble. Carson gives us a better chance at picking up some of those 3rd and medium to long yardage situations if they should happen.

wagsabison
01-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Why would stick get the majority of reps if Carson is going to start? You would think Carson needs the reps.

I didn't realize he said that... never heard the interview. Just a guess. Doesn't mean what he said is true.

56BISON73
01-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Exactly. Carson can turn and hand the ball off just a well as anyone. Oh and he was a pretty good runner in his own right. I'll take a first round draft NFL talent with championship game experience at this point over Easton.

I dont give a rats butt about supposed NFL talent at this juncture. The road is strewn with supposed NFL talent guys who never made it. Im more concerned with the fact that this team is rolling with the current QB and keeping that mojo..going in to this game.

BISONBRI53
01-07-2016, 07:26 PM
i dont give a rats butt about supposed nfl talent at this juncture. The road is strewn with supposed nfl talent guys who never made it. Im more concerned with the fact that this team is rolling with the current qb and keeping that mojo..going in to this game.

^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^ spot on!!!!!

NorthernBison
01-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Our third down performance has been nothing short of pathetic.

56BISON73
01-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Play calling has something to do with that. You use 1st and 2cnd downs to put yourself in a position to be successful of 3rd down.

CAS4127
01-07-2016, 07:43 PM
I don't know why everyone seems to think we changed the game plan drastically. People have this notion we were not trying to run the ball earlier yet it was still a 60-40 run pass offense. The simple fact is our run game wasn't getting it done earlier in the year. It had nothing to do with the play calling or who was QB. After the USD game there was clearly a "look in the mirror and get after it" moment. The oline started playing better, the RB's started running harder, the WR's started blocking better. The biggest improvement over the PO run has been the defense. They have been absolutely dominate and I hope that continues on Saturday! Sure some of the passing game shrunk quite a bit. That has shown to be a bit of a weakness in the last couple few games though IMO. 3 of 13 on third down conversions isn't very good. Yeah it didn't hurt us since our ST's have been producing TD's too but if our offense can't sustain drives we could be in trouble. Carson gives us a better chance at picking up some of those 3rd and medium to long yardage situations if they should happen.

Yes it did. We really had no rhyme or reason in our play calling. We would run on 1st or pass of 1st, run on 2nd and long, and then get cute here and there simply because CP thought Carson could pull us out with his arm of any down/distance problem. Since USD, we committed to the run game, period, and there is a big difference in play calling when you do that.

NorthernBison
01-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Play calling has something to do with that. You use 1st and 2cnd downs to put yourself in a position to be successful of 3rd down.

Yes. And our offense hasn't been overly successful in lighting up the scoreboard or amassing yardage.

Take out the defensive scores and kick returns for reference.

I believe we wouldn't be here without our defense locking teams down in the post-season. Just a thought.

Trumpster
01-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Shitty links but here it is: at 12:30 or so http://www.iheart.com/show/139-Paul-Allen-KFAN-FM-1003/?episode_id=27422419

1998braves64
01-07-2016, 08:39 PM
https://twitter.com/CoachTimNDSU/status/685191092556312577

Doesn't look "ill" to me???! At least it's confirmed Wentz is on the field!! Oh wait game is another 2 days.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

56BISON73
01-07-2016, 08:47 PM
Yes. And our offense hasn't been overly successful in lighting up the scoreboard or amassing yardage.

I believe we wouldn't be here without our defense locking teams down in the post-season. Just a thought.

Play calling has killed more drives than I would like to think of.

NorthernBison
01-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Play calling has killed more drives than I would like to think of.
No disagreement there. I guess my point is that we've been getting into third and long and even third and medium and then not converting. This has all been with Easton at QB and most people agreeing that we've went back to "Bison Football". Offensive performance hasn't been impressive. If the JSU front 7 are as impressive as advertised, will we be forced to throw more to pick up first downs and who will get that done? We have two guys who will probably be asked to do it and we might end up giving both a shot. Then again, we might just run all over the Cocks and all this discussion is moot.

LongLostAlum
01-07-2016, 10:20 PM
I dont give a rats butt about supposed NFL talent at this juncture. The road is strewn with supposed NFL talent guys who never made it. Im more concerned with the fact that this team is rolling with the current QB and keeping that mojo..going in to this game.Yep. It may be that Carson comes in and plays his greatest game ever, but the mojo the last 8 games has been with Stick and the rest of the team. The only time I like seeing a QB change is if the team is losing or the current QB is playing poorly, and neither of those two things are happening, as of yet.

CyPanth
01-07-2016, 10:39 PM
And now here is another reason to hate you guys . . . you get better at QB two days before the national championship! That's not supposed to happen.

GOBISON123
01-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Is he not battling flu, I think Easton starts, if the game gets out of control then I think we can expect Carson under center. I think, just my opinion, this is not just Coach Klieman and Carson Wentz decision, there might be some NFL scouts influencing the decision making as well, especially if some NFL franchise is willing to pay couple of millions of $$ which makes sense because nobody wants a damaged product if they are paying for something.

NDSUSR
01-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Is he not battling flu, I think Easton starts, if the game gets out of control then I think we can expect Carson under center. I think, just my opinion, this is not just Coach Klieman and Carson Wentz decision, there might be some NFL scouts influencing the decision making as well, especially if some NFL franchise is willing to pay couple of millions of $$ which makes sense because nobody wants a damaged product if they are paying for something.

No, no, no and no.
Its beyond me how you can be so consistently wrong.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2016, 11:40 PM

We aint playing fantasy fb! When ST scores and defense locks teams down the O changes gears and "manages" the game ...take the results in "yardage" and look at the big picture. Grind the clock with a comfortable lead.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GOBISON123
01-07-2016, 11:49 PM
No, no, no and no.
Its beyond me how you can be so consistently wrong.

Maybe dude, but I think Dom Izzo said he was battling flu

semobison
01-07-2016, 11:52 PM
Remember mid season when a lot of people said our O-line was over rated and underperforming and our defense was young and not championship material. The D has grown up and is the biggest reason we are in Frisco. The O-line I believe benefited from having to turn to Stick to run the offense. They got back to doing what they do best. We are by no means an offensive juggernaut though. We have had great special team play during the playoffs except for the missed FG's. If we can run the ball and stop the run we will be fine. If not, it could be trouble!

Vet70
01-07-2016, 11:53 PM

It wouldn't be the first time a Bison QB played with the flu---like Brock against GSU.

pucknut9
01-08-2016, 12:29 AM

Izzo is wrong.

Vet70
01-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Izzo is wrong.

Boom---drop mic.

CAS4127
01-08-2016, 12:37 AM
Remember mid season when a lot of people said our O-line was over rated and underperforming and our defense was young and not championship material. The D has grown up and is the biggest reason we are in Frisco. The O-line I believe benefited from having to turn to Stick to run the offense. They got back to doing what they do best. We are by no means an offensive juggernaut though. We have had great special team play during the playoffs except for the missed FG's. If we can run the ball and stop the run we will be fine. If not, it could be trouble!

Right on, Dirk!!

Sent from my iPhone.

ndsubison1
01-08-2016, 12:39 AM
Ndsu was trolling media with Wentz being sick. I think Wentz starts.

tcbison
01-08-2016, 12:47 AM
My preference would be for Stick to start and use Wentz if needed. What happens if Wentz starts and plays poorly? At that point you can't bench him and have Stick play in my mind, plus it might hurt his NFL stock. I just want to get the win with whatever QB plays. If Wentz does start I hope they will still play Stick in some fashion.

Bison03
01-08-2016, 12:50 AM
I could give 2 shits about his nfl stock right now. If he is healthy he needs to play.

MNLonghorn10
01-08-2016, 01:10 AM
this is a suicide move by Kleiman if he goes with CW. a damned if you do, damned if you dont type move. Not sure Im on board with CW starting and taking away Eastons snaps.I spose this is different than the playoff games in Fargo and hes had a few weeks to get acclimated.

we'll see.

NDSU1980
01-08-2016, 01:13 AM
My preference would be for Stick to start and use Wentz if needed. What happens if Wentz starts and plays poorly? At that point you can't bench him and have Stick play in my mind, plus it might hurt his NFL stock. I just want to get the win with whatever QB plays. If Wentz does start I hope they will still play Stick in some fashion.

I doubt Carson will have a problem with playing poorly.

ndsubison1
01-08-2016, 01:21 AM
this is a suicide move by Kleiman if he goes with CW. a damned if you do, damned if you dont type move. Not sure Im on board with CW starting and taking away Eastons snaps.I spose this is different than the playoff games in Fargo and hes had a few weeks to get acclimated.

we'll see.

As long as we stick with what we've been doing running the ball, but who knows

NorthernBison
01-08-2016, 01:23 AM
We aint playing fantasy fb! When ST scores and defense locks teams down the O changes gears and "manages" the game ...take the results in "yardage" and look at the big picture. Grind the clock with a comfortable lead.

Ask yourself what came first in several of those games. Offense wasn't doing shit until things got broke open.

Don't look for Bruce to return any kicks because JSU isn't stupid.

Defense locks JSU down and we can win with any of our 3 QBs.

In a shootout, well, that answer is obvious.

SoCalBison
01-08-2016, 01:27 AM
I could have skipped the last two months of reading Bisonville and just caught up on this thread. The only thing not on the last 6 pages is the trolling from JSU.

With that said, rotating QBs in and out is way too stupid. Start one or the other, ride that horse, and when you need to change horses, you change horses. But don't pull somebody temporarily just because the other QB needs to get in. This is the national title on the line. Win it, and win it big. Don't f-around.

Buffalo.Rider
01-08-2016, 01:34 AM

Agreed. I predict Bison lose if Wentz goes in and the coaches change the game plan to revolve around Carson (the Wentz effect). Everyone on the team needs to fight with the goal of maximizing the team capabilities. If the coaches get enamored with Wentz and lose sight of this, game over IMO.

westnodak93bison
01-08-2016, 01:46 AM
Ask yourself what came first in several of those games. Offense wasn't doing shit until things got broke open.

Don't look for Bruce to return any kicks because JSU isn't stupid.

Defense locks JSU down and we can win with any of our 3 QBs.

In a shootout, well, that answer is obvious.
So you don't buy into the pound the rock wear them down strategy?

BisonNeil
01-08-2016, 01:51 AM

That is just freaking ridiculously stupid. I nominate this for the stupidest post in 2016. My god...

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2016, 02:04 AM
That is just freaking ridiculously stupid. I nominate this for the stupidest post in 2016. My god...

Whoa! Hold on BisonNeil. I mean, 2016 is only seven days old...

kab1one
01-08-2016, 02:09 AM

Why is this stupid? What if it's the family that doesn't want him to play? It's a 5 million contract if a first rounder. How about schools perspective. What is it work to the school to have a starting nfl qb every Sunday? A lot

Easton 8 and 0. He got you here. Ride that horse to victory

BFKasper14
01-08-2016, 02:15 AM

Do you really expect anything different from him? He's an idiot troll.

wtffootballfan
01-08-2016, 02:19 AM
http://kfgo.com/podcasts/dan-hammer/983/update-on-carson-wentz-health/

Wally
01-08-2016, 02:22 AM
http://kfgo.com/podcasts/dan-hammer/983/update-on-carson-wentz-health/

What wisdom did the NBOTN impart on the matter? No way will I click anything with his name on it.

NorthernBison
01-08-2016, 02:34 AM
So you don't buy into the pound the rock wear them down strategy?

Sure. Maybe you should read for context.

I expect our defense to control their offense. If that is the case, then any of our three QBs will get it done.

Get down a couple scores and things could change quickly.

Stay with the game plan until you can't. Whichever QB is under center, I doubt the plan changes unless it must.

wtffootballfan
01-08-2016, 02:42 AM
What wisdom did the NBOTN impart on the matter? No way will I click anything with his name on it.

Wentz is really sick and has a fever.

Bisonwinagn
01-08-2016, 03:56 AM
We have a 600 page thread on this already so not sure the need for a new one. It's simple really leave CW on the bench unless needed in the second half like Denver did with Manning last week. Pretty simple. Unless he has taken every snap with the first team the last three weeks which he hasn't.

ndsubison1
01-08-2016, 04:09 AM
We have a 600 page thread on this already so not sure the need for a new one. It's simple really leave CW on the bench unless needed in the second half like Denver did with Manning last week. Pretty simple. Unless he has taken every snap with the first team the last three weeks which he hasn't.

I think you will be disappointed.

56BISON73
01-08-2016, 04:15 AM
Why is this stupid? What if it's the family that doesn't want him to play? It's a 5 million contract if a first rounder. How about schools perspective. What is it work to the school to have a starting nfl qb every Sunday? A lot

Easton 8 and 0. He got you here. Ride that horse to victory

This just made #2.

civilguy
01-08-2016, 05:22 AM
Ride the horse that got us here! And be glad we have the best backup QB FCS has ever seen on the sidelines! This might keep the other team from hitting Stick too hard!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wagsabison
01-08-2016, 12:19 PM
After listening to the interview I don't think Klieman really said anything different than he has all along. Good interview though. Nice exposure down in the Cities.

GOBISON123
01-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Do you really expect anything different from him? He's an idiot troll.

Hey hey hey slow down primo, I have a real job that pays a lot of money. I can't be on Bisonville as much as I want to and respond to every comment

GOBISON123
01-08-2016, 12:29 PM
This just made #2.

Never seen anyone like you who is very desperately trying to be important online.....why is that

Snowgoose
01-08-2016, 12:44 PM
I am starting to feel really sorry for both kleiman and wants. This is an absolute no win situation especially with the fans. People I feel lose so much perspective it is unreal on this website. There are so many things besides the qb play that got us to this point that have been rehashed over and over again including having a terrible loss that refocused the team. Look at Ohio state as it took a bad loss to an MSU team that wasn't as good and they only won one not four in a row.

Our qb play in the playoffs has just been good enough to not ruin our run and now we are playing the best team we have faced. Don't people think we could lose even with a good healthy wentz cause it could very well happen and then people will just second guess everything and how wentz made us worse. And lastly people that think let's stick with stick cause we are on a roll are missing the point that has been made by everybody that this is an extremely long layoff and is way more like the first game of the year.

I just feel real bad for wentz especially since he has give Everything To this program and now he is in a no win situation with his own fans.

ZHerd
01-08-2016, 01:05 PM
I am starting to feel really sorry for both kleiman and wants. This is an absolute no win situation especially with the fans. People I feel lose so much perspective it is unreal on this website. There are so many things besides the qb play that got us to this point that have been rehashed over and over again including having a terrible loss that refocused the team. Look at Ohio state as it took a bad loss to an MSU team that wasn't as good and they only won one not four in a row.

Our qb play in the playoffs has just been good enough to not ruin our run and now we are playing the best team we have faced. Don't people think we could lose even with a good healthy wentz cause it could very well happen and then people will just second guess everything and how wentz made us worse. And lastly people that think let's stick with stick cause we are on a roll are missing the point that has been made by everybody that this is an extremely long layoff and is way more like the first game of the year.

I just feel real bad for wentz especially since he has give Everything To this program and now he is in a no win situation with his own fans.

It is a no win situation unless the Bison win. Sad as it is it is to be expected. Why wouldn't fans be anxious about the idea of bringing in a 9 week + layoff QB in for the most important game of the season. For a reminder of what can happen you tube the Vikings 1987 playoff win at San Francisco. If a hall of gamer like Joe Montana can come in after a layover and stink it up then why would I think Wentz is impervious to the same. I think the 49ers would have won that game if they had stuck with the guy who had gotten them there from the get go. I'm not saying Wentz would struggle but I think the risk is certainly there. He's rusty, that's just reality. Regardless if he plays or not the coaches will never hear the end of it if we don't win and I agree that that isn't fair

wagsabison
01-08-2016, 01:11 PM
It is a no win situation unless the Bison win. Sad as it is it is to be expected. Why wouldn't fans be anxious about the idea of bringing in a 9 week + layoff QB in for the most important game of the season. For a reminder of what can happen you tube the Vikings 1987 playoff win at San Francisco. If a hall of gamer like Joe Montana can come in after a layover and stink it up then why would I think Wentz is impervious to the same. I think the 49ers would have won that game if they had stuck with the guy who had gotten them there from the get go. I'm not saying Wentz would struggle but I think the risk is certainly there. He's rusty, that's just reality. Regardless if he plays or not the coaches will never hear the end of it if we don't win and I agree that that isn't fair

Not the same comparison but he looked pretty good against Montana until his ankle got turned. I think if the coaches weren't confident in Stick we would have seen Carson get back sooner.

Snowgoose
01-08-2016, 01:16 PM
This is different than the NFL where u generally play one week later. It is a three week layoff. The FBS bowl games over the years show how rusty teams can be after this layoff so it is clearly more like a week one so Stick could be rusty. So bringing someone in that hasn't played in a while is much easier. My main point above is that I feel bad for Wentz especially. All he has done is captained one team to a title and will get crapped on if he starts and we lose and it might not even be his fault. I don't see why this is much different than if Beck had the ability to come back last year just for just the title game we as fans would have jumped at that chance.

pucknut9
01-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Not the same comparison but he looked pretty good against Montana until his ankle got turned. I think if the coaches weren't confident in Stick we would have seen Carson get back sooner.
No you wouldn't for obvious reasons.

Vet70
01-08-2016, 01:37 PM
If we lose it is a no win situation no matter what. If Wentz can play and doesn't some fans will flame away---if he plays and we lose then they will argue that we should have stayed with Stick.

Mr. Burgundy
01-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Only at NDSU could fans complain about us potentially playing a first round QB. What are we like Quarterback University and first rounders grow on trees at this FCS level? Does anyone rememeber the SDSU game? He is an absolutely dominant QB. An elected captain (two year).....first year was selected without ever starting before by his teammates. He is a 4.0 student. NFL arm. Knows the entire playbook. He has been practicing, so has Easton. I just cannot imagine anyone NOT wanting him to play. The damn kid has earned it and we need him on 3rd down. WHy do people think the offense has changed? Stop believing everything you read. My goodness. We are going to run the ball, run the ball, and run the ball. It is about time of possession....or to simply for you, to keep the ball out of the hands of this explosive Jax State offense. Regardless of who plays, we are going to run wild.

L-Train
01-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Amen!!!!!!!

BisonNeil
01-08-2016, 02:01 PM

This right here!! Well done.

wagsabison
01-08-2016, 02:11 PM
No you wouldn't for obvious reasons.

Just an assumption on my part. Obviously with the timeframe of the injury it didn't quite heal in the timeframe originally thrown out there (6-8 weeks if I remember correctly). I don't remember when he was medically cleared to play. When he's medically cleared to play and when he's back to 100% are two different things. All of this just gives us something to talk about.

CyPanth
01-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Only at NDSU could fans complain about us potentially playing a first round QB.

Correction. Only on the Bisonville site.

ndsubison1
01-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Only at NDSU could fans complain about us potentially playing a first round QB. What are we like Quarterback University and first rounders grow on trees at this FCS level? Does anyone rememeber the SDSU game? He is an absolutely dominant QB. An elected captain (two year).....first year was selected without ever starting before by his teammates. He is a 4.0 student. NFL arm. Knows the entire playbook. He has been practicing, so has Easton. I just cannot imagine anyone NOT wanting him to play. The damn kid has earned it and we need him on 3rd down. WHy do people think the offense has changed? Stop believing everything you read. My goodness. We are going to run the ball, run the ball, and run the ball. It is about time of possession....or to simply for you, to keep the ball out of the hands of this explosive Jax State offense. Regardless of who plays, we are going to run wild.

The play calling changed. I seem to remember being more under center with Stick. Maybe not a lot though.

cbline
01-08-2016, 02:42 PM

As is often said in Section 32 at the Dome: Run. The. Damn. Ball.

I am hopeful about the running game if is it true that JSU runs a defense similar to Richmond, trying to create a wall rather penetrating for tackles for lost yards.

Snowgoose
01-08-2016, 02:43 PM
The play calling changed. I seem to remember being more under center with Stick. Maybe not a lot though.

I don't think we were under center more with Stick. Initially, we actually ran a lot of read option out of the shotgun with Stick during the regular season as this was his strength at this point in his career. In the playoffs CP did not do this near as much and may have been under center more for whatever the reason but I haven't counted the plays. The play calling in the playoffs became very conservative with Stick until we would get inside the forty and CP would try some sort of unique/trick play and ruin the drive.

CAS4127
01-08-2016, 02:46 PM
So, word is that CW was or is in fact sick/ill with flu. CK and staff were not messing around yesterday by holding him out of presser. Here are my thoughts given that and with regard to his injury.

If CW is not 100% healthy, whether wrist, flu or just not otherwise feeling like himself, DO NOT PLAY HIM. I'm not dissing on him here, but he does not play up to potential when he isnt feeling 100%--see UNI 2014 and MT/USD 2015. Some athletes can perform up to their potential even when not 100%, CW does not appear to be on of them, and I don't want him out there trying to make passes called by CP that he just isn't capable of making, but wants to because he is so competitive.

SoCalBison
01-08-2016, 04:15 PM
So, word is that CW was or is in fact sick/ill with flu. CK and staff were not messing around yesterday by holding him out of presser. Here are my thoughts given that and with regard to his injury.

If CW is not 100% healthy, whether wrist, flu or just not otherwise feeling like himself, DO NOT PLAY HIM. I'm not dissing on him here, but he does not play up to potential when he isnt feeling 100%--see UNI 2014 and MT/USD 2015. Some athletes can perform up to their potential even when not 100%, CW does not appear to be on of them, and I don't want him out there trying to make passes called by CP that he just isn't capable of making, but wants to because he is so competitive.

^^^^This^^^^ As many have said, if he's 100%, play him, but if he isn't, then go with Stick...it's really not so complicated.

BISONBRI53
01-08-2016, 04:56 PM

Just like we did against Montana! PURPLE!!!!!!

stevdock
01-08-2016, 05:22 PM

I think the biggest change that we've seen with Stick in was that they moved our HB back a yard (especially Frazier) so that they (HB's) can see the field a little better or to hit the hole at the right time.

We have not passed the ball as much, but I think that's more of a product of who we were playing against and that it was working and not necessarily a flaw against Stick or the offense.

BisonNeil
01-08-2016, 09:13 PM
I think the biggest change that we've seen with Stick in was that they moved our HB back a yard (especially Frazier) so that they (HB's) can see the field a little better or to hit the hole at the right time.

We have not passed the ball as much, but I think that's more of a product of who we were playing against and that it was working and not necessarily a flaw against Stick or the offense.

Probably true but one inescapable fact no one wants to admit is that third down conversion percentage under Stick has sucked shit thru a straw. Why? I would argue because the Bison have not had an effective passing game. That all changes with Wentz starting. I do like the idea of throwing JSU a curve ball with Stick at QB from time to time, however.